Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Michelle Trachtenberg?

I know most people know her from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," but I grew up idolizing her in "Harriet the Spy." She transitioned into adult roles fairly well with the silly but amusing "EuroTrip," and she was great in "Mysterious Skin." She seemed poised to have a solid film career, but it pretty much fizzled out by the late 2000s, and she hasn't been in anything in several years now. She's not married and she doesn't have kids. What is she up to? I found this picture from earlier this year, and she does look rather matronly for a 34 year old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2019 11:25 PM

She got fat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2019 2:21 AM

She's much hated for ruining Buffy. It's not her fault, but neither was it Robbie Rist's fault for being written onto The Brady Bunch, nor is it Dawn Lyn's fault for being written onto My Three Sons. But hated they still are.

No one likes the new kid in town.

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2019 2:24 AM

R1 OMG you aren’t joking!

I liked her in the 2009-2010 show Mercy, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2019 2:24 AM

Karma came at her in the form of FAT, as r1 noted.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2019 2:24 AM

Fat?? she looks lilke a woman who ate Michelle ..

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2019 2:26 AM

She was rumored to be a massive cunt back in the day, very difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2019 2:26 AM

Damn Michelle Trachtenberg now looks like someone's aunt who drinks a lot. Im getting old.

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2019 2:28 AM

I loved her in Mysterious Skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2019 2:34 AM

She doesn't look fat anymore but she does seem crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2019 2:36 AM

r8 She was just okay in Mysterious Skin. I think we're all a bit blinded by nostalgia when it comes to that movie.

And her screechy whiny voice is not something you'd like to hear in the movies too often. That doomed her as well, I think.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2019 2:38 AM

I loved her as Georgina on Gossip Girl.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2019 2:55 AM

Her character was so annoying on Buffy that it became a running joke. She probably deserved better than that.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2019 2:58 AM

C-listers C-listing together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2019 3:03 AM

She looks creepy.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2019 3:04 AM

Looks like she's been screwing with her face. It doesn't look quite right. She looks like she's morphing into Shannen Doherty.

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2019 3:08 AM

R12 they should have known better than to have Dawn kick Buffy out of her own fucking house.

R15 I think she got a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2019 8:49 AM

I thought it was genius for Michelle to play a scheming skank on Gossip Girl after being the ever so wholesome Dawn. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2019 9:32 AM

She was good in that law and order svu episode about the kidnapping of a web reality show personality, her name in the episode was Willow I think?

I suspect she was anorexic and now isn’t, Hope age is doing ok. I would be bitchy too if I was always hungry.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2019 11:11 AM

Wasn't Michelle rumored to have been such a mean bitch to Taylor Schilling from Orange Is The New Black when they did that medical drama Mercy together that Taylor developed some kind of anxiety disorder? If the rumors are true then Sarah(or Alyson)taught her well.

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2019 11:32 AM

What causes someone who’s always been super skinny to be so fat all of a sudden? It happened to Michelle, Kirstie Alley, Krissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2019 11:43 AM

I'd never thought about this before, but can you imagine being fourteen years old and having your character on a popular TV show be hated so fiercely by the fans?

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2019 11:52 AM

Actresses who are c’s to cast and crew usually act like that because they are starving. Few people have the naturally bone thin look Hollywood loves. Those who don’t have to go to extreme measures to get there. Then, when you stop starving yourself, you gain weight easily (even if you’re not gorging yourself) because you’ve made your body more efficient at storing fat (when you’re starving yourself, your body thinks it’s a famine, and gets better at holding on to fat so that you can survive the next famine. Evolutionary stuff).

Same is true for actors, but actresses are held to a much more unrealistic, extreme standard of physical beauty.

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2019 11:53 AM

R21 sadly it didn't lead to Joss getting rid of Dawn like they did with Connor on Angel.

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2019 12:19 PM

Why would they get rid of Connor?

by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2019 12:22 PM

Connor was even worse than Dawn. He derailed the fucking series, helped ruin and then bury Cordelia’s character, and left an annoying stain in every scene he was in. Once they wrote him out, the show found its footing again for the final season.

It’s like Whedon forgot how to make compelling teenage characters as soon as the Scooby gang left high school. Dawn and Connor were endlessly petulant on paper, so that’s what the actors brought to the screen. I blame the writers, not the actors.

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2019 12:49 PM

Dawn needed to be held underwater immediately. Connor, eh, the character had some interesting concepts, but he was clearly a writer's darling while he was there. Nothing against the actor, but my favorite scene with him was the one where Faith kicked his ass.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2019 12:54 PM

Was Connor from the future? Where did he grow up?

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2019 12:59 PM

Parallel dimension.

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2019 1:20 PM

She got a "Jennifer Grey" nose job, very bad career move.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2019 2:01 PM

R24 are you fucking kidding me?!

R25 at least he wasn't an annoying little shit in season 5. And I don't think we can blame him for Cordelia's storyline. That one is on the writers/Joss.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote]She got a "Jennifer Grey" nose job, very bad career move

before & after

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2019 2:09 PM

She also played a spoiled bitch pop star in a story arc on SIX FEET UNDER, involving Keith (the Black BF of Michael C. Hall's David) as her bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2019 2:27 PM

Joss can go on about feminism all he likes, but he loves those bone-thin waifs. His leads are always rail-thin, and so are his favorites like Amy Acker, Aly Hannigan, and Summer Glau. He adores that big-eyed waif look, no matter what the actresses have to put themselves through to obtain it.

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2019 2:54 PM

She looks absolutely hideous in OP's pic. Awful dress. Greasy, too dark hair, terrible makeup. Bye Felicia, nobody misses you.

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2019 2:57 PM

She is still very attractive. Much more attractive than the niggerellas that the media promote to please the woke crowd. Black people are gross. Michelle is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2019 4:33 PM

Gross, R35. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2019 8:18 PM

Same.

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2019 8:35 PM

[quote]What causes someone who’s always been super skinny to be so fat all of a sudden?

Gorging themselves, usually. Filling the howling void in their lives with the momentary pleasure of the food in your mouth. Then it's over, so more, and more, and more.

r31, she didn't get a nose job. It's just that her face got so round, it makes her nose look narrower by comparison. Obesity has a slimming effect on one's nose.

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2019 8:55 PM

Everyone's metabolism slows down in their mid-20s. Add on years of self-starvation and probably stimulant abuse in order to get camera-thin, top if off with healthy dollops of self-loathing and under-employment, and you get the results above. Really, it's amazing she's not larger.

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2019 9:00 PM

R33 which is interesting considering who he cast to play Willow in the pilot. And I don't think Amber Benson was who he had in mind for Tara either.

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2019 9:00 PM

Amber Benson was only about a size 6 when she was on Buffy. It's just that the other girls were so tiny that they made her look overweight, particularly when you factor in the weight the camera adds.

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2019 9:09 PM

r19, she gave Taylor Schilling an eye tic. Like she was so mean to her that any time Taylor had a scene with her, she'd get this eye tic that they'd have to shoot around. She sounds like a gremlin.

by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2019 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!