Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apparently Cate Blanchett is a Tory

What a CUNT. Go back to your trash land where you belong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Calm down, Op. you damn Sarah Sue.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2019 5:00 AM

She's an Aussie. Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2019 5:03 AM

Cate is a supporter of the Labor Party in Australia. However, this is hardly be surprising.

It has long been the custom of the Australian Labor Party to send a message of support to the Labour Party in the UK at elections and vice versa. Not this time though. Corbyn is seen as too extreme for most people and whilst Boris is widely seen as a terrible win he is the lesser of two evils.

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2019 6:04 AM

I wish someone could confirm or deny this report. I find it hard to believe that no one else saw her there. If she was there, she can go F off. If both candidates are equally terrible, then don't vote. Instead she votes for Johnson while claiming to hate Brexit, support immigration, etc. What pisses me off more is that a reporter for The Guardian originally Tweeted the claim. Since when are journalists allowed to be that irresponsible without consequences, or vetting info? The Guardian isn't touching the claim at all. From what I've heard, their response about the reporters actions and the allegations about Blanchett was, no comment. She won't be held accountable(she never is), and she'll just continue to tip off the Daily Fail, and give photogs cash to take pics of her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 31, 2019 2:17 PM

A random piece of text online. I refuse to believe until I see actual photos.

by Anonymousreply 5December 31, 2019 2:19 PM

She can vote whoever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2019 2:21 PM

Voting for someone in the booth and playing around with Murdoch and his ilk are two entirely different things.

by Anonymousreply 7December 31, 2019 2:25 PM

And we can judge people for how they vote, R6. We can certainly judge you for choosing to post that.

by Anonymousreply 8December 31, 2019 2:43 PM

I’m American so I’m mostly ignorant here - can any Brit answer this for me: is Jeremy Corbyn really a horrible asshole? I’ve read about the antisemitism so I know he’s not exactly Mister Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 9December 31, 2019 2:52 PM

You've read about the antisemitism? He isn't antisemitic. The people who've attacked him are right-wing Zionists who've painted him as "antisemitic" (as they ignore the glaring racism and bigotry with the Tories where they literally have FB groups which include MPs spreading hate - they happily align with them). He's not up Israel's ass and that's their issue with him. Tommy Robinson is a huge fan of Israel. Guess why.

They want no criticism or questioning of the rabid right-ring racist and bigoted policies of Israel - that's why he was attacked in the first place. The moment he acknowledged Palestinians have a right to freedom, the attacks began.

by Anonymousreply 10December 31, 2019 4:38 PM

Then why do David Duke and Nick Griffin love Corbyn so much, r10?

by Anonymousreply 11December 31, 2019 9:27 PM

Boris showed up.

by Anonymousreply 12December 31, 2019 9:40 PM

We still don't know if it's true. I know of 2 journalists who tried to put pressure on a few news entities to cover the story. They both refused to do it. Does Cate have naked pix of important figures stored somewhere? I mean no one ever wants to reveal the true dirt on her. Her messed up marriage, the fact she paid off Variety not to release the audio of her infamous relationships with women interview, etc.

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]Then why do David Duke and Nick Griffin love Corbyn so much, [R10]?

Would you like me to link the story about Pro-Israel groups funding Tommy Robinson including his trip to Israel to pose with the IDF, then you can show me Pro-Palestinians doing the same and rolling out the red carpet for either of the two you've mentioned. Katie Hopkins is another one who is obviously funded. Steve Bannon is another.

Bad people stating their support isn't the same as actually FUNDING the support of those bad people or giving a platform to them - which Israel and its supporters have done with several avowed white supremacists. Fucking Breitbart was a site born in Israel. They used to have a section about "black crimes." You can pretend all you want that there isn't an alliance between white supremacists and Zionism, but David Duke isn't actually given a platform because pro-Palestinians actually know the reason for his support and don't fund it or go anywhere near him.

You can't say the same about the people I've mentioned and their affinity for Zionism and Israel because everyone who isn't disingenuous knows what Israel has become and what it does to people who are actually indigenous to the land. Hilarious how people go off about Mexicans coming here for shit jobs. Imagine how people would feel if foreigners showed up and immediately given more rights than your generations and generations of family. Roseanne has more rights there than a 90yo Palestinian woman.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]the fact she paid off Variety not to release the audio of her infamous relationships with women interview

R13 Any evidence of her paying off?

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2020 7:24 PM

The Tory party is basically the equivalent of the American Democratic party. The Labour Party is super liberal (much more than the American Democratic Party).

England and Australia do not have an equivalent legitimate political party to the American republican party

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2020 7:28 PM

Wow, r14! It took you five days to come up with that. Kinda sad, and all to stick up a flaming antisemite like Corbyn.

The Labour Party will not be able to take power until it cleans up its antisemitism problem. And instead of doing that, Corbyn fanboys whinge "He is [italic]not[/italic] an antisemite. And you're a mean old Jew, whoops, I meant Zionist, for saying so."

So, England and the rest of the world is stuck with that jackass Johnson as prime minister. The world has bigger problems, most notably our idiot Trump as president. But we haven't forgotten about the Labour Party and its persistent problems with antisemitism.

And, no, one doesn't need to be a right-wing Zionist to spot Labour and Corbyn's predilection. All sorts of people and publications have called them out.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2020 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!