Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fighting in gay bars

What have you seen that triggers this? Being blocked on Grindr in real time?

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2020 4:11 PM

Wearing the same outfit

by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2019 2:58 PM

Amy started it by throwing a stapler at me.

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Never saw it. In 35 years. I love my people.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Ditto, R3. Are all of the fraus who have recently taken to invading our bars engaging in a lot of "bitch fights" or something?

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2019 3:04 PM

At least I didn't run for head of the DNC and lose, R2. And my father was a newspaperman and so I know and love the First Amendment better than you and stapler throwing is a protected form of speech

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2019 3:07 PM

I've only ever seen two kinds of fights in gay bars

(1) Dyke drama (it's always, always, ALWAYS the lesbians in a throw down fight)

and

(2) Black folks, be they straight or gay, in a gay club/bar who bring in some kind of beef off the streets.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2019 3:08 PM

I'm well beyond dead in gay years, but in all my life I have never seen a fight break out in a gay bar. My straight brother, however, has dragged me to many straight bars, where I have seen fights break out on several occasions. Usually, it's when some asshole insults another patron or that patron's girlfriend. Straight men are so insecure, all it takes is a look or comment to set them off. Meanwhile, when I've taken my brother to a gay bar and he sees a guy hit on another who is clearly there with someone, he marvels that they end up in a three-way and become friends.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Fights in bars are lesbian things

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2019 3:15 PM

Drunk lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2019 3:19 PM

Jealous boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2019 3:20 PM

[quote] Drunk lesbians.

Dark lesbians

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2019 3:22 PM

Drunkenness, drugs, Dick or ass grabbing.

I’ve seen plenty over the years. It’s almost always due to drugs or alcohol then drama occurs.

- somebody makes out with not-the-boyfriend while drunk

- somebody gets caught hooking up in a bathroom with not-the-boyfriend

-somebody gets a fit of friskiness and fondles another guys ass or junk without consent.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2019 3:23 PM

Drunken Republicants on election night running their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Bitchiness and thrown drinks are it for me. Although lots of lesbian drama fist fights (well, hair pulling).

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2019 3:26 PM

Felipe telling someone he's gonna make them move outta "his seat".

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2019 3:29 PM

It happens. I've gotten into a fight with what was either a drag queen or a trans. She walked up to me out of nowhere with major attitude and just yelled "move!" when there was plenty of room for her to walk on by. I put her in her place and told her to fuck off, and no. Then she saw me walking over to order a drink, and noticed I was complaining to the bartender about their "entertainment" there (mind you I drove an hour to go there, and paid a cover). She came up behind me and started yelling that I was "gay bashing" her. Things didn't get physical, but I was ready to until the guy working the door asked us to take it outside, which I agreed to. Of course that bitch didn't come out.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2019 3:30 PM

Why should she want to be alone with someone so hostile??

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2019 3:38 PM

Because it's the only alone-time she gets?

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2019 3:56 PM

The only fight I've seen in a gay bar was between two lesbians. There was scratching and biting and punching. They knocked one another down. One guy unwisely tried to stop them and was bitten on the leg for his trouble. It eventually spilled out into the middle of the street where they managed to tear the shirts off one another. The police were called, but wouldn't touch them. Traffic was backed up and people got out of their cars to gawk. Eventually they tired one another out, the police grabbed them and carted them away.

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2019 3:58 PM

Some guy took my seat. I told him to fuck off and then me and my cousin let him have it. Then my cousin and me got into it. Needless to say, the club won't be letting me back in.

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2019 3:59 PM

In college, a group of us used to go to this one low rent dive bar.... I think it was on Mass. Ave. One night this really annoying freak was whirling around incessantly with a tambourine he wouldn't stop rattling. We hid it. Then we were reported as the culprits, and 86ed for a while.

This is the highest level of violence I've seen in a gay bar. Hiding a patron's tambourine.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2019 4:05 PM

I've only seen lesbians fighting in a gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Lesbians and trannies/drag queens were always the usual culprits. In Mexico they didn’t let women into gay bars because they were either lesbians that ended in a fight—or a woman with a boyfriend in tow. The boyfriend would get touched or hit on and it would end in drama.

I thought it was fucked until one night a friend begged for them to let a lesbian friend in with us — with promises of good behavior on her part. Of course, she got into a brawl in the dance floor with one of the other handful of women they had let in that night.

Drag queens and trannies often are emotionally unbalanced and have a chip on their shoulder. The whole fierce bitch persona usually makes for a high probability of confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote] It eventually spilled out into the middle of the street where they managed to tear the shirts off one another.

That was clearly part of their plan.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2019 4:25 PM

I've seen it at bars with strippers or go-go dancers. Often the strippers/go-go dancers are straight or bi, and hit on women that come through, and the women are sometimes there with their boyfriends, and trouble starts.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2019 4:27 PM

I've only seen one fight between white guys in a gay bar. They were in their fifties, and on a date. Then, suddenly, one of the guys slapped the other, the other threw his drink at him, and then a gay mess of slaps and sloppy fisticuffs ensued. The nelly bartender was screaming "stop, guys, stop right now, or I'll have to call the police!"

I and some guys intervened and stopped the fight, and the guy who got slapped left the bar, shouting "you're lucky I didn't knock your teeth out, you old queen! You're lucky your friends saved you!" And yes, he said it in an assertive and huffy gay voice. Fights are generally frightening, but this was one of the most comical fights I had even seen.

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2019 4:31 PM

I saw a punch up in a bear pub in London. A very flamboyant South American queen got up to sing in karaoke, and some people in the crowd were offended by his appearance and mannerisms when they were all going “woof” and “grrrrr” at each other. The queen said something under his breath and five huffy bears laid into him. I’ve never seen anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2019 4:39 PM

I think it depends on the type of gay bar. If it's something like The Eagle, I've never seen fights at establishments like that. But if it's a gay bar that has a younger, more effeminate crowd, and hosts drag shows regularly, yes. There is always drama.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2019 5:05 PM

There are often kerfuffles when drag queens are involved, but they usually don't last long. They usually involve a few slaps or clawings, and then by the time everyone looks over to see what the fuss is about they've progressed to the huffing and glaring stage.

by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2019 5:16 PM

About ten years ago I was at g lounge in Chelsea one night. A blond ,butch, mustachioed hunk and some skinny queen got into some kind of an argument . My guess is that the butch guy called the queeny guy a FAGGOT. The bouncer kicked the butch guy out of the bar. When that happened the queen twirled his fingers at the butch blond hunk and yelled : YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2019 5:39 PM

As told to me by someone.

Straight guy goes to Woody's in Toronto with his GF and her friends.

He starts popping off about fags and homos and AIDS.

An Asian guy tells him to shut-up.

He shoves the guy and calls him a Chink.

The Asian guy delivers a kick to the side of the other guy's head and lays him out.

Asian guy is a professional Muay Thai fighter visiting Canada to teach and the straight guy's getting carried out not knowing what happened.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2019 6:01 PM

Is this supposed to be shade towards me because of my post cause you can just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2019 6:05 PM

I vaguely remember a couple of queens barely able to bitch-slap one another on the Legends patio because they were each leaning as far back as I could, but I have no clue what prompted such embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2019 7:25 PM

^^ as they could.

Oh, dear-ing myself.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2019 7:26 PM

Is that you, Velma at R27 or Graziella??

[quote]I and some guys intervened and stopped the fight

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2019 7:54 PM

I've gotten 86'd from 2 bars for fighting. Each time I was really drunk. The first I was just in a bad place and I shoved a guy who bumped into me. The second, an older gay guy wouldn't stop touching me and I shoved him as well. Sometimes you are stronger than you would believe when wasted. I don't drink excessively anymore. It's really a shame b/c these were my two favorite neighborhood bars in two different cities. I have that kind of face and attitude that you either want to love or punch.

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2019 11:00 PM

Seeing two queens in a fist fight is really hilarious. The best I saw was when a guy tried to punch someone, and instead knocked his false teeth out.

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2019 11:26 PM

I've witnessed multiple instances of drag queens getting into brawls at gay bars. A couple of them that come to mind:

One drag queen literally yanked another off the stage mid performance, and into the dressing room, because the one performing had been spreading rumors that she had "the bug".

Another one stopped her show and demanded a do-over, because some of the people in the crowd were trying to tip her with rolled up dollar bills (coke straws). Then another queen set to perform that night came up behind her and started mocking her performance, then they ended up going at it.

by Anonymousreply 39December 22, 2019 12:55 AM

Sorta like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 22, 2019 2:10 AM

Oh why is none of this on youtube?

Pass the popcorn, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 41December 22, 2019 2:25 AM

I imagine they'd look like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 22, 2019 2:25 PM

"Your mussy stinks!"

by Anonymousreply 43December 22, 2019 2:30 PM

I have no idea. Ask Senator Graham.

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2019 3:17 PM

In that vein, I'd pay money to see Kevin Dujan bitch-slap Milo Yabadabadoo.

by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2019 3:31 PM

I need a good laugh for the weekend. Surely there must be more entertaining stories out there.

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2020 2:53 PM

It either ends in tears or hot sex.

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2020 3:14 PM

I want an hourlong action-adventure TV show built around the gay Asian guy R32 is describing and that should be a scene in the 2-hour pilot movie.

by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote] in a gay club/bar who bring in some kind of beef off the streets.

I see what you did there.

Beef. Gay bar. I see it.

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]What have you seen that triggers this?

Triggers WHAT?? 30+ years I’ve never seem violence or aggression in a gay bar except from bouncers or straight interlopers. Gay men aren’t prone to violence, especially against each other. You’re a goddamn troll, OP.

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2020 4:07 PM

Well done R2! I got a belly laugh from that.

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2020 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!