Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is Nancy up to?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is reportedly considering withholding articles of impeachment from the U.S. Senate, which would delay the Senate trial, because she is concerned that Republicans would be too biased and would not hold a fair trial.

“So far we haven’t seen anything that looks fair to us,” Pelosi told reporters following the Democrats’ purely partisan impeachment. “That would’ve been our intention, but we’ll see what happens over there.”

“Pelosi’s comments, which echo suggestions raised by other Democrats throughout the day, inject new uncertainty into the impeachment timetable and send the House and Senate lurching toward a potential institutional crisis,” Politico reported. “Though the House adopted two articles of impeachment charging Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of congressional investigations, it must pass a second resolution formally naming impeachment managers to present the case in the Senate. That second vehicle triggers the official transmission of articles to the Senate.”

by Anonymousreply 315February 2, 2020 4:23 PM

nancy is smart

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2019 3:52 AM

the longer Trump fumes and frets the more likely he'll do stupid cuntery

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2019 3:52 AM

Out of all of the sources you could've chosen, why in the hell would your stupid fucking ass choose the DAILY WIRE?

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2019 3:54 AM

And even the picture they chose shows what petty, worthless propagandist cunts they are.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2019 3:56 AM

She has that motherfucker right where she wants him. She'll send it to the Senate when she is damn good and ready.

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2019 3:59 AM

When does John Bolton’s book come out again?

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2019 4:01 AM

[quote]So far we haven’t seen anything that looks fair to us,” Pelosi told reporters following the Democrats’ purely partisan impeachment. [italic](Daily Wire)[/italic]

It wasn't "purely partisan." Several democrats, for whatever reasons, did not vote to impeach. It was the republican side that was "purely partisan," voting in lockstep.

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2019 4:02 AM

At what point will the Senate be ready to hold a trial then? Because no one’s getting voted out until November 2020.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2019 4:04 AM

Smartest move yet! Keep investigating, keep the heat on him. Giving Mitch McConnell the reigns will just play into Trumps hands.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2019 4:05 AM

Go Nancy. Make this as painful and long as possible. Hammer home the negatives - he will do this again, Republican Senators have already said they are not looking to give a fair trial, most Americans agree with impeachment.

People are also missing the fact that a lot of Republicans abstained. Yes it was partisan - and a few Dems flaked and didn’t vote either - but there were a lot of Republicans who at least didn’t vote innocent. Sucks - but was glad to see at least a glimmer of sanity with some Republicans,

by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2019 4:13 AM

Forgive me for being shallow and irrelevant, but Nancy looks great for a 79 year old woman

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2019 4:13 AM

She stuck a shiv into his fat gut and will leave it there until she decides to twist it.

She knows what she's doing. She knows how to drive him insane.

Let her twist the knife whenever she wants his attention. I am going to laugh like a lunatic Everytime she twists that knife.

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2019 4:20 AM

Nancy has a great colorist too

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2019 4:22 AM

I thought this would be dumb, to delay sending the articles over to the Senate, but this gives her some cards that might trump Trump! Something to re-evaluate daily until settled. I stand corrected.

Trump will be unsettled. He”ll want to move on to get it over with. And McConnell will want to move along before Trump says something stupid.

McConnell will feel pressure from voters, who I just saw, said they want a “fair” trial. His schedule, for what it’s worth, will be all screwed up. I sense he’s the kind of guy who doesn’t like surprises, likes to plan, and likes order, personally.

Maybe she’ll tell Mitch that Pence will be safe until November, if he agrees to an honest trial? That would be reasonable, wouldn’t it?

But Nancy has some cards, I think.

by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2019 4:22 AM

I worry about Nancy being too thin.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2019 4:25 AM

Nancy Pelosi Just Made a Major Impeachment Power Play

She won’t send the articles of impeachment to the Senate until she feels they’ll get a fair hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 19, 2019 4:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 19, 2019 4:26 AM

What was that brooch she was wearing, any guesses? It looked like an eagle but what was that long thing it was sitting on? It must have some significance.

by Anonymousreply 18December 19, 2019 4:28 AM

We simply will not allow some kind of 'fishing expedition' trying to add facts, details and personal testimonies to a trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 19, 2019 4:31 AM

The longer she drags this out the more Trump will fall apart. He’ll lose his shit (even more than he already has.)

by Anonymousreply 20December 19, 2019 4:31 AM

Nancy has great legs.

by Anonymousreply 21December 19, 2019 4:32 AM

Nancy has great legs.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2019 4:32 AM

I can’t understand why Nancy never ran for President.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2019 4:32 AM

R18 The Mace of the House of Representatives

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2019 4:36 AM

She rammed it up Dumps fat arse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2019 4:37 AM

You have a short memory r23. She’s been demonized by the russublicans almost as long as Hillary. San Francisco liberal. Scary. And until recently, was not that popular among the impossible to please and fickle Dems. But guys like us always knew she was a badass

by Anonymousreply 26December 19, 2019 4:39 AM

I did not serve in a war, or risk harm in the civil rights movement.

But my Dad had his ship torpedoed in WWII. It sunk. He wound up in the Mediterranean. After a brief break, he was shipped to the Pacific. 40 years later, he still had occasional, if rare, dreams of “fighting the Japs”, as he said.

Another many-great grandfather died on a gunboat in NYC Harbor, in the War of 1812.

And another many-great grandfather served in the Revolutionary War, at age 14.

People suffered and died for our great nation. Or otherwise greatly sacrificed. The Republican Reps. should be reminded that their job doesn’t compare to what others have risked.

by Anonymousreply 27December 19, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]The longer she drags this out the more Trump will fall apart. He’ll lose his shit (even more than he already has.)

Talk slower. I'm almost there...

by Anonymousreply 28December 19, 2019 4:43 AM

Is another mean lady going to keep hurting Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 29December 19, 2019 4:44 AM

R27, I wonder if any of our remaining living WWII vets know that the Army is glorifying Nazi war criminals now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 19, 2019 4:46 AM

r18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 19, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote]San Francisco liberal

<3

by Anonymousreply 32December 19, 2019 5:03 AM

Melania begins divorce proceedings: I no be married to loser

by Anonymousreply 33December 19, 2019 5:07 AM

OMFG, R30

These are death rattles of a democracy.

by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2019 5:07 AM

I hope Nancy has ample protection. The MAGAits are calling for Civil War on Twitter. I reported dozens of them.

by Anonymousreply 35December 19, 2019 5:10 AM

Most probably aren’t real people r35

by Anonymousreply 36December 19, 2019 5:15 AM

The DL shouldn't care about glorifying that Nazi because he's hot

by Anonymousreply 37December 19, 2019 5:17 AM

It’s really easy to drink too much and mouth off online.

by Anonymousreply 38December 19, 2019 5:17 AM

If his MAGATS threaten, then they should be shot for treason. They're terrorists. Kill them.

by Anonymousreply 39December 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Daily Wire, OP? Ben Shapiro’s site. Really.

by Anonymousreply 40December 19, 2019 5:20 AM

LOL at R34! Drama Queen.

by Anonymousreply 41December 19, 2019 5:37 AM

These sorts of parliamentary shenanigans sank the opposition parties in the UK. The majority of voters see this as mere political posturing but, hey, live in your bubble. People were on Twitter predicting Boris Johnson would lose his own seat up to the very moment the polls closed.

by Anonymousreply 42December 19, 2019 5:44 AM

This is genius. I had some time to think about it, and it’s brilliant. Let it simmer.

Everybody hates Mitch. Repigs, deplorables, Democrats... everybody.

The more this lingers on, the more it’s Nancy and the people against evil Mitch and the cabal.

It’s enough to scrape off a few independents and normals. And also MAKE THE REPIG SENATORS SWEAT IT OUT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 43December 19, 2019 5:48 AM

The types of cons the republicans pull don’t last very long g, that’s why they have to do stuff fast like cram Kavanaughty through.

Nancy is smart by letting their comments marinate. How long can they ignore facts and logic?

by Anonymousreply 44December 19, 2019 5:50 AM

Reddit is being grown up and mature for once and has some great comments on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 19, 2019 5:50 AM

This is BRILLIANT.

by Anonymousreply 46December 19, 2019 5:56 AM

Can somebody do the handclap emoji?

Slay Nancy!

Her popularity is going to be through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 47December 19, 2019 5:59 AM

Deplorables want so badly to turn on plump so badly. Their farms are in ruins. Factories are closing. But they need a good cover. They need something that they can save face on. If the Dems just continue to highlight all the bills that are already passed and keep sticking up for the common man they can make some headway.

It might not look like it yet.

by Anonymousreply 48December 19, 2019 6:02 AM

My favorite sentence of the day after:

[quote]Donald J. Trump is the third President of the United States to be impeached.

is: [quote] Pelosi basically grabbed Trump by the pussy and isn’t letting go.

by Anonymousreply 49December 19, 2019 6:03 AM

Basically, time is on Nancy and the democrat’s side.

by Anonymousreply 50December 19, 2019 6:03 AM

Pelosi basically grabbed Trump by the pussy and isn’t letting go.

by Anonymousreply 51December 19, 2019 6:03 AM

McConnell is due for a press conference at 9:30.

Maybe Pelosi needs to go on before him and frame the way forward. Or speak after him.

Democrats need to make sure to be the ones driving the message. That message should loudly and clearly highlight all the bills democrats have passed in the last year. And keep driving home corruption and illustrate how it affects the common person.

by Anonymousreply 52December 19, 2019 6:09 AM

BRILLIANT! I didn't think they would do it but I heard a theory being tossed around by experts about a week ago.

Better yet, the constitution says nothing about timing. In theory they could drag this out all the way to the election and he will never get his "Vindication" everyone assumed including Cheeto would have to brag about. On a pragmatic level, why bother, we all know if it goes to the Senate Republicans by their own admission have made up their mind. Why give him the win?

The only thing the Republicans could try is "right to a speedy" trial. But that for REAL trials and that would contradict what they have been saying all along that this is a not a real trial it's a political process. Besides, a speedy trial in the regular world average2 years. Big trials involving big companies can go on for 10 years. You'll get your trial Cheeto, just maybe after you are kicked out on your ass.

by Anonymousreply 53December 19, 2019 6:17 AM

I hope Cheeto's head explodes form the internal rage he must be feeling right now. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 54December 19, 2019 6:19 AM

If we’re going to have all these 80-year olds running for president, here’s an idea:

Nancy for Prez!

by Anonymousreply 55December 19, 2019 6:19 AM

Technically, she is 3rd in line for the Presidency if both the Presidency and VP were both suddenly to die or leave office. It's never happened though. And usually, Pres and VP are not allowed to travel in the same airplane or a car at the same time. But I suppose Trump could have a stroke, Pence have a nervous breakdown or caught with an alter boy. Anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 56December 19, 2019 6:26 AM

Now the Dems can go to court to compel the witnesses to testify. That’s what the Repubs all said they wanted. Being an ongoing impeachment issue should give it some priority.

by Anonymousreply 57December 19, 2019 6:32 AM

I'd want Pence as president if only to see the WH during Christmas look like the Quacker Factory and Hobby Lobby exploded in there once "Mother" got through decorating

by Anonymousreply 58December 19, 2019 6:33 AM

R57 in another impeachment the court is convened in the senate. So you can’t compel anyone to do anything until the articles are sent over and the judge takes his place. She’s holding up the whole process.

by Anonymousreply 59December 19, 2019 6:39 AM

Word salad alert, at r42.

by Anonymousreply 60December 19, 2019 6:43 AM

First the Repugs whined and whined and whined this is going too fast. Now watch them whine it's going to slow.

PUSHY BOTTOMS!

by Anonymousreply 61December 19, 2019 6:53 AM

Y'all libtards..what don't kill us makes us stronger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 19, 2019 6:58 AM

Let’s do as Ms. Graham hoped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 19, 2019 7:01 AM

I'm at my parents for a week. My father is crapping on 'poor Trump, that Nancy is an evil bitch!'. I've got another 6 days of this.

by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2019 7:50 AM

Poison him, r64.

by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Nancy’s political instincts are good, so I’m going to have to trust her on this one.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2019 8:29 AM

Who is investigating McConnell and his wife? They are owned by Putin, just like Trump. When do these traitors go to jail? I am serious.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2019 8:56 AM

Total baller. The best Nancy since Ms. Sinatra. x

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2019 9:10 AM

This is a b.s. article from a right wing site.

by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2019 9:13 AM

Nancy has more balls than Trump and his two sons put together.

by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2019 9:24 AM

R64 wear a red IMPEACHED cap around the house.

by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2019 10:34 AM

Now they need to go after the top line republicans in the House & Senate who've run their mouths the loudest against the impeachment. Hammer away at these turncoat scumbags so their constituencies will get all the info they need should the fools run for reelection. Make whatever is left of their lifetimes in Congress pure hell.

by Anonymousreply 72December 19, 2019 11:13 AM

R64 block FOX with the parental controls while you are visiting

by Anonymousreply 73December 19, 2019 11:14 AM

and they need to start with Turtle Head McConnell & Dame Lindsey (I've got a big secret) Graham.

by Anonymousreply 74December 19, 2019 11:14 AM

Travis in R62 and all his tight bodied MAGA buddies need to be hate fuked, hard.

by Anonymousreply 75December 19, 2019 11:46 AM

R5, thank you for my laugh of the day! I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt and snot is coming out of my nose! LOL

by Anonymousreply 76December 19, 2019 12:06 PM

r75 - yeah, Travis is flag-hag. They deserve it and, dare I say it, they may experience an epiphany.

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2019 12:08 PM

Pelosi and all the dems in Congress need to up their game on publicly admonishing the Republicans in Congress for being complicit in all of Trump's crimes through their enabling and absolute devotion to the crook. That needs to be said every day, on billboards all over the country (especially in red states). Right wing conservatives are not bright and like all dummies they can be manipulated if it's done right and for long enough.

by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2019 12:09 PM

R73, R78, you guys activated the statistician in me. University studies demonstrated that the average American "Fox News" viewer has an IQ that's 20 points below average. I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2019 12:13 PM

OP is a Trumptard. Check that linked site. Also, "the Democrats’ purely partisan impeachment..."??

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2019 12:21 PM

Nancy shoukd say: "Since we don't confirm a Supreme Court pick in the last year of a President's term, we also don't send articles of impeachment over to the Senate in the last year of a President's term."

And then watch Moscow Mitch implode.

by Anonymousreply 81December 19, 2019 12:38 PM

She’s managing a lot of complexity and competing expectations, and she has for a long time now. I like her respect for process. Watching her last night, it seemed like a really high pressure public moment, and she was generally unflappable. I really don’t want her mischaracterized because of her age or appearance. There is no dignity in that.

Her reverence for Elijah Cummings was touching, on a human level.

Her job is very hard.

by Anonymousreply 82December 19, 2019 12:47 PM

R76 is EASILY amused.

by Anonymousreply 83December 19, 2019 12:51 PM

R83, no, I just wasn't expecting a comment like that.

by Anonymousreply 84December 19, 2019 12:53 PM

Once the trial happens and he’s acquitted, then it’s over...which is good for Trump.

She could drag this out until the election. Which means Trump was impeached and still looks guilty. In essence, charged but not tried.

In reality, she’s probably just buying some time until Senate Dems come up with a strategy.

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote]Nancy shoukd say: "Since we don't confirm a Supreme Court pick in the last year of a President's term, we also don't send articles of impeachment over to the Senate in the last year of a President's term." And then watch Moscow Mitch implode.

She should say that. It’s a brilliant strategy.

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2019 12:59 PM

She’s up to beating Moscow Mitch and the Senatrice at their own game. She’s smarter then those pencil dicks every day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2019 1:00 PM

[QUOTE] She’s managing a lot of complexity and competing expectations, and she has for a long time now. I like her respect for process. Watching her last night, it seemed like a really high pressure public moment, and she was generally unflappable. I really don’t want her mischaracterized because of her age or appearance. There is no dignity in that.

I just wish she was 20 years younger because I don’t know what the hell the Dems will do without her. The House Dem caucus would be in complete disarray without Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 88December 19, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote]The only thing the Republicans could try is "right to a speedy" trial.

Yeah, except McConnell went in TV boasting about how Impeachment is an entirely political process. There’s nothing judicial about it. So sorry, no right to a speedy trial applies here.

by Anonymousreply 89December 19, 2019 1:08 PM

R89 they’re consummate liars and hypocrites. Someone said shamelessness is their superpower. A great line, wish I’d thought of it

by Anonymousreply 90December 19, 2019 1:13 PM

If she drags this out until the election...even if Trump is re-elected somehow, the Senate could flip Dem. Then she could sent it over in January 2021 for Trump to be quickly tried and removed.

by Anonymousreply 91December 19, 2019 1:20 PM

R91, that would not be "dragging it out". The Constitution does not require the House to send the Articles in a certain period of time, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 92December 19, 2019 1:21 PM

If you’re going to obstruct Congress, you can’t bitch when Congress obstructs you.

by Anonymousreply 93December 19, 2019 1:22 PM

So here’s a Legal thought that would definitely come up. If she holds it until his 2nd term, technically they’d probably fight that it applied to his 1st and therefore was re-elected and it didn’t apply to his 2nd, separate term. This Republicans are constantly twisting the rules and laws, so expect anything and everything.

by Anonymousreply 94December 19, 2019 1:25 PM

R94, the term doesn't matter. IIRC, a federal crime, especially against the gov't, doesn't have a statute of limitations.

by Anonymousreply 95December 19, 2019 1:34 PM

Nancy, with the smiling face

by Anonymousreply 96December 19, 2019 1:40 PM

R24 Mace of the Republic, the gavel of the Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 97December 19, 2019 1:47 PM

If she delays sending the case to the Senate she'll be questioned right and left by the media and the GOP. She needs to make sure she informs all that they have additional information they're going over and that they will not send the case over until they are finished with their additional investigations. That would make Trump lose his shit, literally. He would crap his pants right there in the Oval Office if he thinks they've got more on him and he doesn't know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 98December 19, 2019 1:49 PM

MICROSOFT NEWS POLL

Do you agree or disagree with the House of Representatives vote to impeach President Trump?

Agree = 51%

Disagree = 43%

I don't know = 3%

No opinion = 3%

Based on 27,629 responses. Snapshot of real-time results.Learn More

by Anonymousreply 99December 19, 2019 1:52 PM

If the House withholds sending it to the Senate, can the Senate just ignore their impeachment vote?

by Anonymousreply 100December 19, 2019 1:52 PM

R98, I don't think that's ethical or legal because they've already voted on the Articles. You can't add more to an indictment or say "Oh, we're not ready to proceed with our indictments because we need to gather more evidence." Need a Constitutional attorney's advice on that, however.

by Anonymousreply 101December 19, 2019 1:53 PM

R99, no disrespect, but as I posted in another thread not long ago, polls don't mean a darned thing and I can see by how that was taken it's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 102December 19, 2019 1:55 PM

There is no expiration date on articles of impeachment, though I'm certain McConnell et al. will claim there is.

Given there was new evidence (the $1M to Lev Parnas) it seems legitimate to keep the articles back anyway, pending further review of the situation. Plus if the House gets Trump's financials there will be more articles to add before they present it all in one package to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 103December 19, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote] If the House withholds sending it to the Senate, can the Senate just ignore their impeachment vote?

Since they can't do a damn thing until it is sent over they have no choice but to ignore it. The Senate will just have to sit on their hands until they have the case.

by Anonymousreply 104December 19, 2019 1:59 PM

$2.99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 19, 2019 2:00 PM

Bluntly, McConnell is the most unpopular Senator today. In Kentucky, he's at 34%. He's up for re-election in 2020 but has high unfavorables. He wants this behind him to start fund raising. The longer the Speaker withholds the bill, the worse it is for the Senators in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

There are three Senate Classes. Classes I and II have 33 senators, Class 3 has 34 senators and they're up in 2022. There are twice as many republicans up for re-election in 2020 as Democrats.

Republicans Alexander, Lamar (R-TN) Capito, Shelley Moore (R-WV) Cassidy, Bill (R-LA) Collins, Susan M. (R-ME) Cornyn, John (R-TX) Cotton, Tom (R-AR) Daines, Steve (R-MT) Enzi, Michael B. (R-WY) Ernst, Joni (R-IA) Gardner, Cory (R-CO) Graham, Lindsey (R-SC) Hyde-Smith, Cindy (R-MS) Inhofe, James M. (R-OK) McConnell, Mitch (R-KY) Perdue, David (R-GA) Risch, James E. (R-ID) Roberts, Pat (R-KS) Rounds, Mike (R-SD) Sasse, Ben (R-NE) Sullivan, Dan (R-AK) Tillis, Thom (R-NC)

Democrats need to win 4 seats to retake the Senate. The most vulnerable republicans are Cory Gardner (CO), Susan Collins (ME), Thom Tillis (NC), Martha McSally (AZ), Gary Peters (MI), Doug Jones (AL), Joni Ernst (IA), Jeanne Shaheen (NH), John Cornyn (TX). The republicans will likely pick up Dough Jones's seat in Alabama, unless another Klansman runs against him.

There's no particularly urgency for the Speaker to forward the bill. She can hold it. It should expire at the end of this Congress but there are votes to hold the same impeachment vote in the next congress in January, if need be. She can announce the bill will be withheld until the Supreme Court rules on the questions of executive privilege and evidence subpoeaned by the House committees.

by Anonymousreply 106December 19, 2019 2:04 PM

They should conduct additional investigations and then just keep adding new additional articles of impeachment throughout the rest of his term.

by Anonymousreply 107December 19, 2019 2:13 PM

Is Mitch McConnell melting down? I’m hearing that his statements were scathing against Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 108December 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Nancy is incredibly strategic. She called Trump’s bluff early this year during the government shutdown and he came out looking like a total loser.

by Anonymousreply 109December 19, 2019 2:16 PM

Today in history: President Bill Clinton was impeached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 19, 2019 2:18 PM

R108, because she is controlling the narrative and he thinks he’s king of the senate. Trump must be on MoscowMitch like white on rice seeking full exoneration of his perfect call. They both must be apoplectic about Queen Nancy holding the articles and I’m here for it. Maybe they’ll both stroke out.

by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2019 2:22 PM

R106, I had a relative from McConnell's home district. He called out that "no-good SOB" correctly when he was just a judge in Jefferson County, Kentucky. He was never popular, but he rode the Reagan Revolution right into DC.

by Anonymousreply 112December 19, 2019 2:25 PM

I read that Moscow Mitch’s approval rating in KY was at 18%

by Anonymousreply 113December 19, 2019 2:27 PM

R113, I wouldn't doubt it because as I said, he was never even popular in his own back yard. He won his 1st Senate race over the long-time Democratic incumbent by a razor-thin margin. If that victory was legitimate, it was only due to evil, senile Ronnie Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 114December 19, 2019 2:31 PM

R103 It could depend on your version of how to play long ball in Washington.

The House can also vote to impeach any appointee of the Executive or Judicial Branches. The door is open, based on information the Supreme Court allows to Congress, that both of Trump's sons, his daughter, son in law, Rudy and any other Trump employee is either employed by the White House or services in an advisory capacity can be subpoenaed with new articles of impeachment voted on by the committees and held for full vote in the House.

It's death by a thousand cuts.

by Anonymousreply 115December 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Dear Diary: I have nothing to do today. BORING. But when I make my "remarks" at the Xmas receptions today, heads are gonna roll. Fire and fury. I'm more popular than Jesus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Thank you baby jesus that the dems stuck with nancy to lead the house. Can you imagine if a jr congressperson were trying to run this show!?

by Anonymousreply 117December 19, 2019 2:54 PM

The House should have the legal authority to jail anyone who refuses to answer a subpoena issued when they're engaged in an impeachment investigation.

by Anonymousreply 118December 19, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]The House Dem caucus would be in complete disarray without Nancy.

Two words: Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 119December 19, 2019 3:03 PM

Her wardrobe for yesterday's impeachment was genius. Sitting in the Speaker's chair, she looked like the Commander of the Starship Enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 120December 19, 2019 3:14 PM

She's trying to get a fair trial. So he will go, duh!

She looks wonderful for her age

by Anonymousreply 121December 19, 2019 3:28 PM

Bloomberg:

Pelosi Cites Precedent for Delay on Managers: Impeachment Update

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 19, 2019 3:31 PM

I hate when people are squealing, "We need to drop this and get back to doing REAL WORK for the people of America!"

Like, protecting the Constitution and our form of government isn't doing something for them??

by Anonymousreply 123December 19, 2019 3:34 PM

OP's picture convinces me that Nancy Pelosi is hotter at 79 than Madonna has been the past 10 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 124December 19, 2019 3:35 PM

From the Twitterverse:

GOP: THIS IS GOING TOO FAST WHY ARE YOU SUCH PARTISAN MONSTERS THIS IS WILDLY UNFAIR SO UNFAIR HISTORICALLY UNFAIR SLOW THIS DOWN SLOW IT DOWN

Pelosi: Okay.

GOP: no not like that

by Anonymousreply 125December 19, 2019 3:37 PM

R122, what the hell did she do with that eyebrow pencil??

by Anonymousreply 126December 19, 2019 3:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 19, 2019 3:38 PM

From link at R122

[quote]Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will lay out his criticism of Democrats’ impeachment inquiry Thursday morning, in a floor speech calling the probe[italic] “the most rushed, least thorough, and most unfair impeachment inquiry in modern history.”[/italic]

Even had that been true, that's why HIS trial in the Senate should be??

by Anonymousreply 128December 19, 2019 3:43 PM

It feels really strange to be in an America where it's the LEFT warning the RIGHT about Russian interference.

Where did their career-making Cold War fear mongering go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 19, 2019 3:52 PM

R129, as my late friend who worked for the #1 defense contractor said, Soviet people put on their pants one leg at a time just like we did. The evil people were the leaders and their sycophants, not the people. I've had Soviet and Russian friends. In general, they didn't want to harm this country. The East German secret police (Stasi) once had as much as 1/3 of the entire population of that former country working for them and was worse than the KGB and NKVD.

by Anonymousreply 130December 19, 2019 3:56 PM

Like the GOP effectively strung out the Benghazi hearings as long as possible to hurt Hillary as a candidate, Nancy could do this with impeachment

by Anonymousreply 131December 19, 2019 4:07 PM

Nancy had no choice...she is trying to work with a bunch of criminals.

by Anonymousreply 132December 19, 2019 4:11 PM

I have learned that at least half of our country, has no morals or character at all, they are Republicans. I knew they were bad people but I had no idea how bad they were.

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2019 4:15 PM

The "right to a speedy trial" was tried by Dr. Jeffrey MacDonald. Didn't work for him, either, as he was not incarcerated at the time.

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2019 4:27 PM

Thanks, R24!

by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2019 4:28 PM

There is no fucking point to send it to the Senate now. I think dragging it out for as long as needed, is fine. Yeah, the Trumpers will be frothing at the mouth and he’ll act crazy as fuck, but that’ll just help scare off normal people from the Republican Party. I’m here for the ride.

by Anonymousreply 136December 19, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Everybody hates Mitch.

Not true. Everyone who cheered as he blocked the Garland nomination and rammed Kavanaugh through loves Mitch. He steamrolls everyone in his path and gets the job done.

by Anonymousreply 137December 19, 2019 4:36 PM

And no taking advice from any Republican who simply happens to hate Trump for his being the Party's true face: Steve Schmidt; Rick Wilson; Donny Deutsch; George Conway; et al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 19, 2019 4:37 PM

[quote]Then she could sent it over in January 2021 for Trump to be quickly tried and removed.

It takes a 2/3 majority to convict and likely even some of the Democratic Senators would balk at a delay like that.

[quote]I hate when people are squealing, "We need to drop this and get back to doing REAL WORK for the people of America!"

Point out to them that the House has passed dozens of bills since the beginning of the year, all of which are being held back in the Senate by McConnell, not even getting a vote.

by Anonymousreply 139December 19, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]University studies demonstrated that the average American "Fox News" viewer has an IQ that's 20 points below average.

Cite your source, please. How would anyone be able to gather the IQ scores of an adequately sized sample for such a study to be valid?

I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 140December 19, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote] I call bullshit.

The stupidest goddamned phrase ever coined.

by Anonymousreply 141December 19, 2019 4:58 PM

She should think about never sending it to the senate so Trump would be impeached, but never acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 142December 19, 2019 5:04 PM

She's playing let them twist in the wind while she (and Schumer, sp?) push for more testimony in the Senate. Meanwhile the investigations turn- and the Supreme Court will rule on his taxes. Eventually it will go to the Senate, but not after Mitch et al have made fools of themselves for a while, and God knows what else Trump will concoct in his incompetent and sociopathic mind. How can you maintain innocence when you've been proven just the opposite by diplomatic professionals and you are stonewalling on all staff and cabinet implicated. If they knew nothing and were innocent, they would have testified! See exhibit A: HRC Sec of State. Twist in the wind you disgusting Republicans. Let Trump call Dems names and idiotic Senators compare him to Christ. Great arguments. Right?

by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]I hate when people are squealing, "We need to drop this and get back to doing REAL WORK for the people of America!" Like, protecting the Constitution and our form of government isn't doing something for them??

It's from the Republican playbook. Like when a mass shooting occurs and people want to talk about gun control, the GOP squeals how Now is not the time! It's time for thoughts and prayers!" Unless of course a non-white guy is the shooter, then they screech about immigration.

by Anonymousreply 144December 19, 2019 5:17 PM

R88 That’s unfortunately true.

by Anonymousreply 145December 19, 2019 5:18 PM

I don't normally like political families and I still have huge issues with Pelosi, but I think it helps who her dad was. She's been dealing with these men-children for decades.

by Anonymousreply 146December 19, 2019 5:21 PM

The uncertainty of not knowing what will happen will drive Trump insane, and Pelosi knows it. She’s playing him, again.

by Anonymousreply 147December 19, 2019 5:30 PM

The same people who were lambasting Pelosi this summer for being a passive aging apparatchik are now worshiping the ground she walks on. What will they be saying in February?

by Anonymousreply 148December 19, 2019 5:45 PM

The House mace pin!

God, Pelosi trolls this fool even as as wields the mace to crack his thick skull!

That is a master class in the subtle troll. Jill Wine Banks is proud.

by Anonymousreply 149December 19, 2019 6:16 PM

Now is the time to begin impeachment investigations into Graham and McConnell for publicly vowing to reject their sworn oath of impartiality.

Then into the Republicans whom Putin beckoned to appear before him on the 4th of July.

Then into McConnell’s beardwife for her list of crimes.

by Anonymousreply 150December 19, 2019 6:31 PM

The Supreme Court will never rule against Trump or any Republican president. The Reps built that conservative court that Clinton had to opportunity to add to, and that Obama should have added to.

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2019 6:32 PM

Yeah r151, too bad Obama didn't try.

by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote]Now is the time to begin impeachment investigations into Graham and McConnell for publicly vowing to reject their sworn oath of impartiality.

What about the Democrats who have been screeching “Impeach Trump!” for the past 2 years? They’re not exactly impartial either. Should we begin impeachment investigations against them too? You can’t have it both ways.

And I don’t recall any “sworn oaths of impartiality” being taken by anyone. They swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, nothing about “impartiality.”

by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2019 6:38 PM

R153, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and a criminal a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2019 6:40 PM

John Dean suggested this a while ago. Not only did he say dont send the articles to the senate, he said that congress can vote to add new articles every time Trump commits an impeachable offense.

by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]What about the Democrats who have been screeching “Impeach Trump!” for the past 2 years? They’re not exactly impartial either. Should we begin impeachment investigations against them too?

Here's the difference, genius, as Hoyer reminded you: The overwhelming majority of Dems voted AGAINST Impeachment THREE TIMES in cases where a *few* Dems were for it. You see, that's how it works on the left unlike that fucking cult on the right where not a single Rep has a backbone except for one who is now an IND: Amash.

Dems who made speeches yesterday stated that there are Reps who tell them quietly that they know Trump is a fucking criminal - they just don't have the guts to go against their cult.

by Anonymousreply 156December 19, 2019 7:01 PM

R153 is a stupid fucking cunt, and not in a good way

by Anonymousreply 157December 19, 2019 7:19 PM

Is part of the delay caused by the election? Sanders, Warren, Kloubacher and Booker will have to put their campaigning on hold right before the first primaries and caucuses for the trial?

by Anonymousreply 158December 19, 2019 7:27 PM

The trolls come out of the woodwork at times like this, r157.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 19, 2019 7:36 PM

[quote]What is Nancy up to?

Being fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 160December 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Moscow Mitch spotted in public today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 19, 2019 7:53 PM

But why isn’t Mitch popular? Surly not for the impeachment business? That’s just more of the same for him, isn’t it? I’m curious?

by Anonymousreply 162December 19, 2019 8:20 PM

There are more shoes waiting to drop, particularly Trump's role in the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi.

by Anonymousreply 163December 19, 2019 8:24 PM

That imposing outfit and stunning brooch mad me think of Queen Cersei right before she blew up all of her enemies in the chapel. She knows how to convey power and authority. I love it!

GO, NANCY, GO!

by Anonymousreply 164December 19, 2019 8:29 PM

And her colorist / stylist should take a big gay bow. Fab hair.

by Anonymousreply 165December 19, 2019 8:31 PM

R165 her dentist and oral surgeon on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 166December 19, 2019 8:35 PM

Ya want a piece of this Fancy Nancy? Come on down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 19, 2019 11:07 PM

In 2016 Trump was gold. Flawless, brilliant, successful, charismatic.

2020, not so much. A lot of fails, a lot of scandal, a lot of baggage. Older fatter, meaner.

The fence-sitters who said 'eeny-meeny' and voted for Trump just won't be there to push him into success. Some will vote Democrat; some won't bother to vote all.

by Anonymousreply 168December 20, 2019 3:26 AM

Now repugs are trying to say impeachment isn’t complete unless it gets sent the senate. I doubt that’s true.

by Anonymousreply 169December 20, 2019 3:57 AM

Where the fuck are you getting that information R168. Trump has always been seen as a loser.

by Anonymousreply 170December 20, 2019 4:02 AM

R153:

[quote] And I don’t recall any “sworn oaths of impartiality” being taken by anyone. They swear to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, nothing about “impartiality.”

Read this:

[quote] “Before proceeding to the consideration of the articles of impeachment,” according to the standing rules of Senate impeachment trials, “the Presiding Officer shall administer the oath hereinafter provided to the members of the Senate then present and to the other members of the Senate as they shall appear, whose duty it shall be to take the same.”

And, here’s the oath. Pay particular attention to the words in the oath:

[quote] “I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald J. Trump, now pending, [bold] I will do impartial justice [/bold] according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.’’

There’s the requirement that they be impartial.

by Anonymousreply 171December 20, 2019 4:25 AM

[quote]In 2016 Trump was gold. Flawless, brilliant, successful, charismatic.

Say what now? He was birther low life and before that he was still fucking trash.

by Anonymousreply 172December 20, 2019 4:34 AM

was a*

by Anonymousreply 173December 20, 2019 4:35 AM

R171, are there consequences for violating the oath? One would assume their comments would prevent McConnell from administering and Graham from taking the oath.

by Anonymousreply 174December 20, 2019 4:58 AM

R174, these are Repukes. They never suffer any consequences for anything.

In all seriousness, I’m not sure what consequences they would face or who would enforce the oath. It would appear that they should be disqualified from voting, I don’t believe the existing rules address that question.

And, it’s not as if they would self-police. They have no shame and they have no honor.

by Anonymousreply 175December 20, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote]The fence-sitters who said 'eeny-meeny' and voted for Trump just won't be there to push him into success. Some will vote Democrat; some won't bother to vote all.

If the headlines continue to claim that the economy is doing better than ever, that unemployment is at historic lows, that wages are rising, that the stock market is at historic highs, that there are no new wars, that inflation is low, that gas prices are low, that Black and Latino employment is at historic highs...then Trump will gain voters over 2016..

by Anonymousreply 176December 20, 2019 5:22 AM

R169 is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 177December 20, 2019 5:27 AM

The media needs to stop repeating Republican taking points. Unemployment at historic lows? Really? Compared to what? In 1944 it was much lower at 1.4%. That's 200% lower then the current rate. Why dont they match that every time with wage stagnation at historic lows? Sure, you hear that every once in a blue moon, but 9 out of 10 times you dont here it. And to be honest, wages are really what affect the average person, not the stock market for the rich and corporate quarterly profits.

by Anonymousreply 178December 20, 2019 5:52 AM

R176 I disagree, unless the Dems come up with a terrible candidate. I know a lot of people who didn't vote in 2016, and they now regret it. They will certainly vote in 2020, but NOT for Trump. They had enough with his shenanigans way before this all blew up.

by Anonymousreply 179December 20, 2019 5:53 AM

R153, Some Democrats have been noting Trump's criminality and treason for years. Starting with his campaign, when HRC correctly noted he is Putin's puppet.

Also, the "oath of impartiality" likely refers to their future one as a juror in the Senate trial.

by Anonymousreply 180December 20, 2019 6:07 AM

R179 you're correct. A retired relative of mine never voted in her life. For 2016 I convinced her to register and vote. She voted for Senator Clinton. She's in excellent health and will vote next November also.

by Anonymousreply 181December 20, 2019 6:30 AM

[quote]University studies demonstrated that the average American "Fox News" viewer has an IQ that's 20 points below average.

Not true. There was a hoax article in 2012 that claimed that but there were no university studies. Since then there have been studies on how informed Fox News viewers are but nothing like what you claim.

Pushing hoaxes isn't helping us any.

by Anonymousreply 182December 20, 2019 12:18 PM

[quote]The same people who were lambasting Pelosi this summer for being a passive aging apparatchik are now worshiping the ground she walks on.

Unfortunately, not the people I see online. The ones who were saying Pelosi didn't have the balls to impeach and that she needed to be removed are now saying she's stupid and the impeachment doesn't mean anything. They're VERY into the "Trump is going to win again thanks to the Democrats fucking us over" narrative.

It's all bullshit of course but that's what these people have been saying, in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 183December 20, 2019 12:21 PM

[quote]In 2016 Trump was gold. Flawless, brilliant, successful, charismatic.

Gold, R168?

Gold?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 20, 2019 12:26 PM

I'm never afraid and rarely surprised, she said in an interview today.

by Anonymousreply 185December 20, 2019 1:00 PM

I hate FAUX News but I never fell for that average viewer IQ story. The average IQ is anything between 90-110. Anyone should be smart enough to figure out that the average IQ of FAUX News viewers is certainly not 70-90. Although, they do act like they're that stupid most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 186December 20, 2019 1:22 PM

Most conservatives don't actually believe a lot of the bullshit they espouse. They know it's not true, but the narrative fits their needs and desires so they promote all of it as being real. It gives them comfort. They're afraid if they admit much of what they're told and they claim they believe in is not true people will accuse them of being a liberal with is the most heinous thing you can ever call a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 187December 20, 2019 1:28 PM

R187 it’s equivalent to liking a certain football team now. Being liberal is “gay” like recycling and liking Mariah Carey music. A bunch of fucking retards.

by Anonymousreply 188December 20, 2019 1:36 PM

Conservatives are very much like Scientologists or members of any other cult. They've been raised by conservatives and the ideology has literally been bred into them. It's all they know. They've been told their whole lives that liberalism is of the Devil and to adopt liberal attitudes will mean an eternity in Hell. Even if they know a lot of it isn't true they will still tow the cult line because that's what they've been taught they must do. Most people like that will never change their ideology without reprogramming. They are so sick in their conservative delusion that if their lives are made to be wonderful under a liberal democratic POTUS they will still claim that liberalism is the worst thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 189December 20, 2019 2:07 PM

Most are not guided by any conservative ideology. They are guided by fear. It's the fear of everything and everyone that fuels 'conservatism.' At every turn, they are trained to anticipate threat from the world outside. They band together, toe the line, and resist every new idea from any but their leaders. All to stay safe in a dangerous world. They are doomed to fail and they will be happy to take us all down with them.

by Anonymousreply 190December 20, 2019 2:43 PM

R189, you described my parents perfectly.

Fortunately, the cycle was broken when all three of their children turned out to be bleeding-heart liberals!

by Anonymousreply 191December 20, 2019 2:51 PM

All of this would have been pointless if she doesn't send to senate. Without a trial, the president isnt impeached. I hope she has something up her sleeve, and she isn't getting cold feet.

by Anonymousreply 192December 20, 2019 3:07 PM

I really don't care, do u?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 20, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote]Without a trial, the president isnt impeached.

The president is already impeached. The Senate decides whether he will be removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 194December 20, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote]That imposing outfit and stunning brooch mad me think of Queen Cersei right before she blew up all of her enemies in the chapel. She knows how to convey power and authority.

Or this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 20, 2019 3:31 PM

Donald Trump* will be shitting bricks since he thought a quick trial would acquit him and he could brag about it all the way up to the elections and beyond. Now, I encourage all newspapers to use the apostrophe after his name, which will infuriate him, as the apostrophe means he is impeached (and unlike Bill Clinton), not acquitted. Nancy has Donald Trump* and Mitch McConnell stymied.

by Anonymousreply 196December 20, 2019 3:43 PM

R194

Technically, until the impeachment articles are presented to the Senate, they are like a bill that has not been signed into law. If they refuse to present them to the Senate before the next Congress begins, the impeachment will have an asterisk since it was never fulfilled.

by Anonymousreply 197December 20, 2019 3:49 PM

Sorry r194 You should be fired from your teaching job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 20, 2019 3:50 PM

Never fulfilled = never acquitted, too, but still impeached.

by Anonymousreply 199December 20, 2019 3:51 PM

The hypocrisy is unreal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 20, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote] I encourage all newspapers to use the apostrophe after his name

That's an asterisk.

by Anonymousreply 201December 20, 2019 3:59 PM

Ok, same idea - asterisk then.

by Anonymousreply 202December 20, 2019 4:12 PM

The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday. Feldman was one of the legal experts called by Democrats to testify before the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month and has advocated for Mr. Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

"Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial," Feldman wrote in Bloomberg. "Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial."

"If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn't actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn't truly impeached at all," Feldman wrote.

by Anonymousreply 203December 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Nancy Pelosi yesterday: ”He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does. He’s impeached forever because he violated our Constitution."

by Anonymousreply 204December 20, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday.

Yeah, this "Trump isn't impeached unless he gets a Senate trial" stuff has been ricocheting around right-wing media the last day.

by Anonymousreply 205December 20, 2019 4:23 PM

The right-wing also believes that if you cover your eyes, it means you're hiding.

by Anonymousreply 206December 20, 2019 4:25 PM

R192, that’s another conservative lie. Of course Trump is impeached. The House has sole authority over impeachment. It was voted upon, and declared. It’s the will of the people expressed through their representatives, and the conservatives can’t take that away from us, as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 207December 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Feldman doesn't understand it's a two-step process, and each is separate (not some Trump fantasy of a single enterprise). Impeach. Then convict (or acquit).

You can't deny reality and fact: Trump was impeached.

by Anonymousreply 208December 20, 2019 4:26 PM

R205...Staffers are probably telling him that to keep him from exploding. They know better. They have to be around the raging infant.

by Anonymousreply 209December 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Until the articles of impeachment are transmitted to the Senate, it is merely an accusation.

The author of the article explaining this is a constitutional law professor who has called for Trump to be impeached and removed, so you can’t accuse him of being biased in favor of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 20, 2019 4:28 PM

R207

Until they transmit those articles of impeachment to the Senate, it is an accusation, not an indictment.

by Anonymousreply 211December 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Is it possible that Chief Justice Roberts may actually be fair? For example, when oaths are taken, he may disallow Mitch and Linsey due to their public statements. That would mean two less votes. Also, Collins needs to make amends for Kavenaugh. Murkowski is also a maybe. With four less votes, the rethuglicans lose and trump is gone.

by Anonymousreply 212December 20, 2019 4:30 PM

"IF I PUT THE HOT WHEELS BACK ON THE SHELF, IT'S NOT REALLY STEALING."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 20, 2019 4:32 PM

R212...Removal requires 2/3rds of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 214December 20, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote] I encourage all newspapers to use the apostrophe after his name

[quote] That's an asterisk.

[quote] Ok, same idea - asterisk then

Oh, dear! There is a hierarchy, with the asterisk considered to be the aristocrat of punctuation, and the apostrophe to be in the evening cleaning crew. They are not the same at all!

Now, “Merry Christmas”, I hereby command.

My assistant Randolf insists on saying “Merry Christmas”, too.

by Anonymousreply 215December 20, 2019 4:35 PM

CBS:

White House considers arguing that Trump wasn't impeached

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 20, 2019 4:37 PM

While he is certainly impeached, it’s a moot point; since Nancy, (“I call her ‘Nancy’”)*, will be sure to sent them to the Senate, even if it’s on the last day of the session.

* Donald J. Trump , our idiot President*

by Anonymousreply 217December 20, 2019 4:40 PM

Mitch and Lindsey are not the only ones to express an opinion about Trump ‘s guilt. Lots of Dems have as well. I think all they need say is they “have decided to listen with an open mind and judge unbiased”, and I’d bet that would be all they need to do, at most, if even that, to be seated as jurors. This just isn’t the hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 218December 20, 2019 4:45 PM

So basically going with the George Costanza defense.

"It's not a lie if you believe it"

by Anonymousreply 219December 20, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote]conservative lie

Redundant.

by Anonymousreply 220December 20, 2019 5:09 PM

R210 Then why do the newspapers and books say that Clinton and Johson are impeached, too? So they weren't removed, but they were impeached. Donald Trump* was impeached.

by Anonymousreply 221December 20, 2019 5:15 PM

Gail King has been referring to him as Mr.Trump since the impeachment not President Trump. Sly but I noticed Gail!

by Anonymousreply 222December 20, 2019 5:20 PM

R210 President Clinton actually went to trial in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 223December 20, 2019 5:29 PM

Ah yes, r200, McCarthy.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 20, 2019 5:35 PM

Yes, but newspapers referred to him as "impeached" after the House voted on it, before it went to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 225December 20, 2019 5:36 PM

I look at McCarthy now and all I hear is him sounding similar to Veruca Salt saying "You've ruined Christmas!"

by Anonymousreply 226December 20, 2019 5:41 PM

R211, And if they're never transmitted to the Senate, Trump's impeachment will be eventually voided. It will expire like an unredeemed gift card.

by Anonymousreply 227December 20, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]Yeah, this "Trump isn't impeached unless he gets a Senate trial" stuff has been ricocheting around right-wing media the last day.

[quote]The right-wing also believes that if you cover your eyes, it means you're hiding.

Uh, do you folks know who Noah Feldman is?

by Anonymousreply 228December 20, 2019 6:03 PM

Harvard Law's Laurence Tribe:

@NoahRFeldman is making a clever but wholly mistaken point when he says Trump hasn’t “really” been impeached until the Articles reach the Senate. Under Art. I, Sec. 2, Clause 5, he was impeached on Dec 18, 2019. He will forever remain impeached. Period.

by Anonymousreply 229December 20, 2019 6:04 PM

Amen

by Anonymousreply 230December 20, 2019 6:08 PM

[quote]Uh, do you folks know who Noah Feldman is?

Wasn't he the bizarro Newman on Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 231December 20, 2019 6:10 PM

Wasn't he on that ark?

by Anonymousreply 232December 20, 2019 6:33 PM

The power of the gavel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 20, 2019 7:14 PM

I agree with Lawrence Tribe — and I suspect a lot of other lawyers will as well. Feldman’s opinion is his opinion, not the law; people are free to disagree with him.

Plus, the current Congress sits until the end of 2020, so Madam Speaker can hold those articles of impeachment for months if she wants to.

by Anonymousreply 234December 20, 2019 7:30 PM

WhY CaN'T We iMpEaCh nAnCy iNsTeAd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 20, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]r192 All of this would have been pointless if she doesn't send to senate.

No - the public has learned through direct testimony and irrefutable evidence what Mr. Trump did, as far as nakedly leveraging his official position for [italic]personal [/italic]gain. How can you say exposing that is pointless? The public deserves to know such things about ANY official, certainly our most highly placed one.

Pelosi will send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate. But there has to be some bargaining first. The House has to ensure the Senate will conduct a fair trial.

by Anonymousreply 236December 20, 2019 9:49 PM

From r235....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Nancy has this thing plotted out to a T. She's now sent a 3 paragraph letter to the fat fuck inviting him to deliver a State Of The Union address on 2/4/20. You can bet she won't send the impeachment over to the Senate before then. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 20, 2019 10:18 PM

R238 - I relish that she politely (and pointedly) emphasized the Constitution, and how a State of the Union address is a known tradition of a check in which ensures all branches of the government remain co-equal as was the Founders' intent. She is so good with the kind of shade that is will stick in Trump's craw and drive him further bonkers, and I am here for it.

by Anonymousreply 239December 20, 2019 10:51 PM

Holy shit, R237. What a fucking cockroach he is.

He is such fucking trash.

Seriously, just burn the building down when he's removed and start over. That stench of Trump shit cannot be removed. It needs to be exorcised.

by Anonymousreply 240December 21, 2019 12:14 AM

I don't think that's authentic, r240. Just some anonymous troll's work. Of course I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 241December 21, 2019 12:25 AM

The letter that tRump sent to Pelosi accepting the SotU invite with it’s “fuck you cunt” spelled out at the start of each line is vile and despicable. You know it was probably the work of that disgusting snake Steven Miller who thought this was so dreadfully clever.

by Anonymousreply 242December 21, 2019 12:26 AM

OK, looks like the letter might well be a fake. News reports are saying that he issued a statement t accepting the invite, not that he sent her a letter.

by Anonymousreply 243December 21, 2019 12:33 AM

If that letter is real it needs to be paraded on every mainstream news media outlet in existence. It's just more evidence that he is a low piece of common trash.

by Anonymousreply 244December 21, 2019 12:35 AM

[quote]I don't think that's authentic, [R240]. Just some anonymous troll's work. Of course I could be wrong.

I normally see through this shit. The fact that we've gotten to a point where I'd easily believe it's real based on the garbage currently employed in the WH is what sickens me the most. That we have a president I could easily see saying these things and some clever rat in his circle of hell coming up with it is just disgusting.

I guess their "cleverness" is limited to sneaking in that tiresome WP/OK symbol to "own the libs."

by Anonymousreply 245December 21, 2019 12:51 AM

It's the OCD Millennials who are whining for everything to happen RIGHTNOW. So used to instant results on their Smartphones.

Shut up. Enjoy your holiday. Think about something else.

by Anonymousreply 246December 21, 2019 1:04 AM

[quote]I agree with Lawrence Tribe — and I suspect a lot of other lawyers will as well. Feldman’s opinion is his opinion, not the law; people are free to disagree with him.

Plus, the current Congress sits until the end of 2020, so Madam Speaker can hold those articles of impeachment for months if she wants to.

Twittler was impeached on two counts.

Must they travel together? Or can they transmit Article II (Obstruction of Congress) to the Senate, irrefutably have him impeached, and let Mitchie have his show trial...while still letting Article I hang like a dark cloud?

Anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 247December 21, 2019 1:04 AM

R247, she could do that, but I think it’s too cute.

I wonder, if Nancy can delay sending the impeachment to the Senate, which she can, can the Senate delay the trial, perhaps for months?

Btw, Nancy will submit the impeachment to the senate eventually, even if it is the last day of the session, just to ensure that there is no question that Trump was impeached.

by Anonymousreply 248December 21, 2019 1:17 AM

Nancy insists on calling witnesses.

Mcconnell will counter with a demand to call the whistleblower and the Bidens

Nancy should then counter with a demand that Trump testify. Bill Clinton testified via videotape from the White House, so there is precedence for this.

Nancy could also negotiate an agreement to have Justice Roberts rule on the relevance of the appearance of witnesses. He would surely strike the whistleblower and the Bidens, since none of them are relevant to Trump’s behavior. You could agree that the younger Biden is corrupt, and still find that Trump abused power and obstructed Congress.

by Anonymousreply 249December 21, 2019 1:44 AM

No it was not "several" it was two and Gabbard did not vote. Three is no several.

by Anonymousreply 250December 21, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote]It wasn't "purely partisan." Several democrats, for whatever reasons, did not vote to impeach. It was the republican side that was "purely partisan," voting in lockstep.

Why did this nonsense get 20 "likes" when it was only two Dems and in one case, it was a Dem who had already announced he was becoming a Republican and most of his staff resigned following that announcement.

by Anonymousreply 251December 21, 2019 1:59 AM

[quote]r249 Mcconnell will counter with a demand to call the whistleblower and the Bidens

The whole "wanting to depose the whistleblower" thing is so stupid.

If whistleblowers had to go public, more than half of them would never risk it. That's why there's laws in place to protect their identity.

What would they want to ASK him or her, anyway? What relevance would anything about their life have? Do they think this person forged all the documentation we've seen and heard?

by Anonymousreply 252December 21, 2019 2:13 AM

r138, Donny Deutsch? Donny Deutsch is a New York Jew he's not even close to being a Republican. Regardless of your feelings about him or his opinions at times, he is definitely a life time Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 253December 21, 2019 2:17 AM

R138, whether we like it or not, we need these asshole Republicans willing to step up because they can maybe convince the even bigger assholes in their party to do what is right. The Jeff Flake Op-Ed is also good for us. This is definitely "a hold your nose and put on gloves to lock hands with Republicans" situation.

I see people going off on Flake for the Kavanaugh thing and he absolutely deserves the criticism, but not now. Any Republican who may come to our side against Trump won't do it because we ask them to. We need a Flake to talk to them directly on their level. We need them to talk to their own.

by Anonymousreply 254December 21, 2019 2:22 AM

a "hold...*

by Anonymousreply 255December 21, 2019 2:25 AM

R253 I'm not R138 but I seem to recall years ago that he came out as a repub (he is in the top 5% after all).

This could also be another "Donny Deutch" as I have over a dozen similar named citizens across the country that I'm aware of.

by Anonymousreply 256December 21, 2019 2:26 AM

I wonder if some of Donnie's tax returns might come out in the next few weeks/months.

Does this delay put any pressure on the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 257December 21, 2019 2:30 AM

Irony: Conservatives used to rail against the USSR.

by Anonymousreply 258December 21, 2019 9:43 AM

I know Donny Deutsch. He's a Democrat through and through.

by Anonymousreply 259December 21, 2019 9:50 AM

[quote]And if they're never transmitted to the Senate, Trump's impeachment will be eventually voided. It will expire like an unredeemed gift card.

Untrue. There is nothing in the Constitution about the articles expiring; if they were held too long, it would surely go to court and precedent would be set by the decision at that time.

by Anonymousreply 260December 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Mea culpa, re: Donny Deutsch, and happy to know I'm wrong about him, as I really like his current opinings on MSNBC!

by Anonymousreply 261December 21, 2019 1:24 PM

Fuck all, R248. THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT TRUMP WAS IMPEACHED. Stop spreading Russian/GOP talking points. Just get a grip and stop.

The resolution passed. It is on the House record. Done. Impeached. For all time.

by Anonymousreply 262December 21, 2019 2:14 PM

In fact, R248... Trump was impeached twice. Two resolutions of impeachment. Both passed.

by Anonymousreply 263December 21, 2019 2:17 PM

[quote]Irony: Conservatives used to rail against the USSR.

I've said this before on here: There is no doubt in mind that if on 9/11 while the site were still smoldering and Bin Laden was known to be behind it and no one found out: Trump would do business with the Bin laden family -who are also involved in real estate- in a heartbeat and without a single thought to the optics. Money is all that matters to him and clearly to any conservative who backs him to the point of sacrificing the very foundation of the country.

by Anonymousreply 264December 21, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote]Thank you baby jesus that the dems stuck with nancy to lead the house. Can you imagine if a jr congressperson were trying to run this show!?

Yeah. And can you imagine if a junior mayor were trying to be the President?

Let’s hope the Dems stick with somebody more qualified and experienced.

by Anonymousreply 265December 21, 2019 10:49 PM

Amen, R265!!

by Anonymousreply 266December 22, 2019 12:55 AM

[Quote] Irony: Conservatives used to rail against the USSR.

Is irony all there is? I'm surprised the Dems haven't hoisted them on the petard of being unpatriotic and unamerican.

by Anonymousreply 267December 22, 2019 9:24 AM

[quote]Let’s hope the Dems stick with somebody more qualified and experienced.

Berni Experience as President = NONE Warren = NONE Klobuchar = NONE Biden = NONE (sorry but VP is mostly a title, its not the same, just like Pence is not really qualified either)

PETE = Only person actually trained to lead and young enough to make split second decisions without losing his shit like Klobuchar, or crapping in his pants like all the senior citizens on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 268December 22, 2019 11:06 AM

Ok🙄

by Anonymousreply 269December 22, 2019 11:46 AM

[quote] PETE = Only person actually trained to lead

🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 270December 22, 2019 11:52 AM

[quote] PETE = Only person actually trained to lead .....

Snicker... BULLPUCKY!

by Anonymousreply 271December 22, 2019 12:06 PM

[quote]BULLPUCKY!

Settle down Bernie.

Conscientious objector are not trained leaders.

by Anonymousreply 272December 22, 2019 12:16 PM

[Quote] PETE = Only person actually trained to lead and young enough to make split second decisions without losing his shit like Klobuchar, or crapping in his pants like all the senior citizens on the ticket.

I agree wholeheartedly.

by Anonymousreply 273December 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Pete should be VP. Period. I think it makes his chances to become president in '28 much better. He'll have the experience of actually being in the WH, a lot of the conservative homophobe trash will hopefully have dropped dead and it looks better to those who hesitate right now due to his age.

by Anonymousreply 274December 22, 2019 3:28 PM

I’ve learned from Obama and Trump that the government tends to run itself. What we need in a President is:

Someone who appoints talented people. Trump lacks this confidence.

A willingness to ask for expert advice and take it, when appropriate. Trump lacks this humility.

Someone with good judgement and able to make quick decisions. Trump has terrible judgement. He’s an awful deal maker and has a demonstrated history of repeatedly giving things away and getting nothing in return.

A sound mind. Trump is obviously crazy.

A desire to serve all the people, not just his own voters, and desire to put the country ahead of personal interest. Trump fails, fails, fails.

Someone with great intelligence, natural curiosity, a desire to learn more, and interest in reading. Trump has none of that.

Obama generally passed all these tests. Trump fails in every case. Why is this idiot President? I like that Pete is smart, and is quick on his feet. My sense is that he passes all these tests, but I want to see more.

I don’t think a President needs more experience than Pete already has. All of the candidates are qualified. Joe Biden was an effective Senator for many years and a VP who partnered with Obama. He wasn’t like the VPs of yesteryear that may have only rarely met with the President. He has the best experience and is most qualified, except for his age. He might just be too old to be President. I have caught glimpses of that “old man” look in him. It’s a detached, distant, confused look.

by Anonymousreply 275December 22, 2019 9:16 PM

Biden is best qualified as VP. He was affable, nonthreatening, well liked. Pete could make him his VP.

by Anonymousreply 276December 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Wait. 37 year-old Pete, mayor of the 301st largest city in America is qualified to lead because he's been "trained" but a man who was a U.S. Senator for 36 years and served as Vice President for eight (very good) years isn't?

by Anonymousreply 277December 22, 2019 10:06 PM

Everyone seems to have forgotten just how many idiotic things Biden said the last time he ran. He surely has gotten worse with age.

by Anonymousreply 278December 22, 2019 10:37 PM

Why is Biden still so gaffe-centric? It’s not as if he and his team don’t know about it at this point.

by Anonymousreply 279December 23, 2019 11:19 AM

I would love to see a Biden / Pete ticket, AKA experience and smart youth package. But unfortunately, I feel that if Biden wins the nomination, he will feel trapped into picking a woman or person of color for VP instead of the best guy, which I think is Pete. He could also pick Pete as part of his cabinet, but I would rather see him as his VP precisely because he is such a quick on his feet thinker.

by Anonymousreply 280December 23, 2019 11:30 AM

Pete is not the best guy for the VP spot but he would be terrific in the cabinet in a number of roles.

by Anonymousreply 281December 23, 2019 11:46 AM

It might take a Rhodes Scholar to fix HUD after four years of Ben Carson. And Buttigieg has some actual experience in the fields of housing and urban development. Put him there.

Don't let him near Health and Human Services because the little shit is in the pocket of the Insurance lobby.

by Anonymousreply 282December 23, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote] I feel that if Biden wins the nomination, he will feel trapped into picking a woman or person of color for VP.

Hello!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 23, 2019 1:54 PM

The last thing the Democrats need is a ticket with two white guys. I'm not as keen on Harris being VP - the VP has to be self-effacing to a large degree and that doesn't seem to be in her DNA. Same goes for Castro and Booker. I do think a POC would energize the ticket as well as the POC vote, which we desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 284December 23, 2019 2:20 PM

Biden/Klobuchar might work -- if he makes any gaffes, she can yell at him to snap out of it like Cher in "Moonstruck".

by Anonymousreply 285December 23, 2019 3:43 PM

I liked what I knew about Klobuchar, thought she was impressive, then I researched her. She's beyond a cunt, she's evil, the way she has treated her staff is grotesque. I'd never vote for her now. That shaking during the debates: bottled-up rage waiting to blow.

by Anonymousreply 286December 23, 2019 4:18 PM

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I hope Nancy haunts Bad Donald’s dreams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 23, 2019 5:03 PM

R286, what specifically did she do that made her "evil"? I mean I know she's definitely a type A person, but did she do degrading things to them? Politics is a tough world, esp., when you're female.

It better not be a situation where a bunch of millennials weren't patted on the head .

by Anonymousreply 288December 23, 2019 6:05 PM

Big deal if she ate her sale with a brush or comb or something like that. Even if she's a tough boss, that's good -- I heard horror stories of Trump being a nightmare boss back from the 80s. If she can take Trump on in a debate and slam his ass on the floor, figuratively or literally, even better.

by Anonymousreply 289December 23, 2019 8:44 PM

ate her salad, that is

by Anonymousreply 290December 23, 2019 8:44 PM

[quote]I feel that if Biden wins the nomination, he will feel trapped into picking a woman or person of color for VP.

He'd pick someone who can help him win a state that he doesn't think he can win on his own. If that's a woman or person of color then so be it.

He'd already have the black vote on lock down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 291December 23, 2019 8:52 PM

A Nancy doll with a gavel would be a nice xmas gift.

by Anonymousreply 292December 23, 2019 9:15 PM

R289, that's it?

I'm still waiting to hear what's "evil." I don't want her to be nice. I want her in there fighting. If she were truly evil, I'd hear about her taking tax dollars and using it for personal use or making her staff do things not part of their job. If it's just dealing with cry babies who want to be rewarded for doing their job, then fuck them. Go work a job where you aren't dealing with tough issues. She's effective - that's what we need. I actually want her to stay in the senate.

I have a feeling these are Pete B. people trying to paint her in a negative light.

by Anonymousreply 293December 23, 2019 9:29 PM

A whole group of people interviewed by a reporter covering the same group of 13 people's reaction in Iowa has 12 of them saying Klobuchar won the latest debate, and a majority of them now saying they will vote for her!

by Anonymousreply 294December 23, 2019 9:49 PM

Klobuchar is 59 and already has old lady's voice.

by Anonymousreply 295December 23, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote] R290: ate her salad, that is

Is this slang for something naughty?

by Anonymousreply 296December 23, 2019 11:33 PM

Klobuchar has an ad out which lauds her questioning of Justice Kavanaugh, but I think that was an embarrassing fail. When he asked her if she had ever blacked out, she should have said “I’m not seeking Senate confirmation, you are sir. You are here to answer questions, not ask them. It’s not your place in this hearing.”

by Anonymousreply 297December 23, 2019 11:38 PM

Throwing an object and hitting someone with it is called battery.

by Anonymousreply 298December 24, 2019 2:11 AM

and old lady's shake.

by Anonymousreply 299December 24, 2019 4:04 AM

Amy is coming back to the office. Quick everybody, hide all the loose objects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 24, 2019 9:04 AM

Then I have committed assault and battery numerous times over the last year, r298.

My co-worker likewise as she always threatens to "throw something" at me.

I periodically mock her ("I'ma throw something at you!") And proceed to throw Reece cups at her. I don't miss.

by Anonymousreply 301December 24, 2019 5:43 PM

The HR Drone is coming for you, R301.

Your names are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 302December 24, 2019 6:10 PM

Just wanted to make sure this ended up on my thread-watcher bump.

by Anonymousreply 303December 24, 2019 7:09 PM

Funny - I'd already blocked 301 because she is such an ignorant asshole. Dipshit doesn't understand the word intent. If I toss someone a piece of candy that's not the same as someone throwing an object at someone in anger. Through at binder at me in anger and I'll fucking have your job. I've got three former bosses fired for similar shit. Not to brag or anything.

by Anonymousreply 304December 24, 2019 7:11 PM

Funny - I'd already blocked 301 because she is such an ignorant asshole. Dipshit doesn't understand the word intent. If I toss someone a piece of candy that's not the same as someone throwing an object at someone in anger. Through at binder at me in anger and I'll fucking have your job. I've got three former bosses fired for similar shit. Not to brag or anything.

by Anonymousreply 305December 24, 2019 7:11 PM

If someone throws a Reese’s at you, no harm done. Staplers are metal and weighted, they’re heavy. You could chip a tooth if you hit them wrong. Or break their glasses. That’s assault.

by Anonymousreply 306December 25, 2019 9:27 AM

If anyone touches your body in any harmful or offensive way, that is a battery.

R306, there is no way to hit another person right. H.R. should remove you from your work place immediately.

by Anonymousreply 307December 25, 2019 11:19 AM

I heard she gave a blob fish to Mitch McConnall for Christmas. She’s a tough ol’ broad.

by Anonymousreply 308December 25, 2019 9:36 PM

[305] you must be a real piece of work to have had at least three bosses throw shit at you. When it’s a trend, there’s a reason. Hopefully the next one can pick up a file cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 309December 25, 2019 9:41 PM

Though totally loathsome, Moscow Mitch is as adept as Nancy at political matters...

by Anonymousreply 310December 25, 2019 9:52 PM

It'll be interesting to watch Nancy since she has to sit behind Twitler when he gives the State of the Union address on Tuesday. I wonder if she'll wear some sort of rebellious pin or jewelry. Perhaps she'll have a sign she holds up which says "He Lies" (since its precedent was broken when someone shouted that out at Obama during one of his speeches). Or maybe she'll give a thumbs down. More likely, she's very classy and will sit stone-faced and mostly remain seated. Perhaps she'll have a "Your Vote Counts" button which she'll keep pointing to.

by Anonymousreply 311February 1, 2020 4:57 PM

I'm hoping for more sarcastically OTT applause. All the other Dems should sit on their hands, chew gum, look at their watches, read their Smartphones, doodle, go for breaks, and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 312February 1, 2020 6:50 PM

Maybe all the Democrats can pull out Groucho Marx masks since this whole bullshit "trial" the Republicans just gave Trump is a wild farce, as in "The most ridiculous thing I ever heard!".

by Anonymousreply 313February 1, 2020 6:56 PM

If only the Democrats played tough like the Republicans instead of high-road Michelle Obama-ing it.

Why SHOULDN'T one of us shout, "You lie!"? Trump does, and anyway, nothing happened to the Republican who yelled at Obama.

Must we rely on a Libertarian Bill Maher or a Republican Rick Wilson to do our job?

by Anonymousreply 314February 2, 2020 4:00 PM

Oh, R314, you know that — unfortunately — the Dems always want to take the high road. I agree with Bill Maher that we need to not just say we’re going to kick their asses but actually do it.

If the Dems on Tuesday were to do anything, which I don’t expect, the chatting class commentators would be clutching their pearls and tsk tsking all over the place about how inappropriate it is. Fuck ‘em. Seriously. FUCK. THEM. This is no damn time to play by garden party rules.

by Anonymousreply 315February 2, 2020 4:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!