Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix “You” Season 2

The new girl is named “Love.” LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2020 9:46 PM

Season 1 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 12:53 AM

Reviews are saying it's as good as the first season.

by Anonymousreply 2December 24, 2019 2:47 PM

Can't wait to watch! Loved the first season.

by Anonymousreply 3December 24, 2019 3:06 PM

There’s a theory, and it tracks with the trailer footage, that Candace is dead and just a vision in Joe’s mind

by Anonymousreply 4December 24, 2019 3:41 PM

Season 1 was fucking terrible. I'm shocked this shit is so popular.

by Anonymousreply 5December 24, 2019 3:47 PM

Yeah, I lasted about two episodes. Seems like one of those marmite shows.

by Anonymousreply 6December 24, 2019 3:50 PM

This show was originally made for Lifetime. Everyone knows that they beat out HBO, FX and Netflix for quality television.

by Anonymousreply 7December 24, 2019 4:02 PM

Wow, this is trending hard on Twitter right now.

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2019 10:40 AM

I had decided to try the first episode on Lifetime because Penn Badgley's looks. But I was intrigued by the way the story was going so I kept watching. It was well made despite the protaganist's creep factor.

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2019 10:45 AM

I’m still confused how season 2 ended up on Netflix in its entirety. Did I miss the Lifetime broadcast?

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote]Lifetime announced that You had been renewed for a second season based on Kepnes' follow-up novel Hidden Bodies, on July 26, 2018, ahead of the series premiere. On December 3, 2018, it was announced that the series would move to Netflix as a Netflix Original title.

It's not a Lifetime series anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2019 12:22 PM

Based on the trailer, it looks like they are going to give the main character "Joe" the #metoo movement treatment and make sure #girlpower makes him pay for his deeds. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2019 12:29 PM

R11 I’m still confused, how can it be a Netflix Original, if it I didn’t originate there?

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2019 12:43 PM

The "Netflix Original" label (confusingly) stands for all sorts of things:

- Netflix commissioned and produced the show;

- Netflix has exclusive international streaming rights to the show;

- Netflix has co-produced the show with another Network;

- It is a continuation of a previously canceled show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Huh, thanks for the Netflix PSA R14, very confusing that there are four categories.

by Anonymousreply 15December 26, 2019 2:29 PM

It's not hard. Lifetime dropped it. Netflix picked it up. Therefore, Season 2+ is a Netflix original.

by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2019 3:14 PM

The "title" is a Netflix Original now, not just the second season. That's what's confusing. Anyway, that question often pops up and it's been clarified now.

by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2019 3:22 PM

They gave this shit a second season?

by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2019 4:17 PM

I enjoy the show, it's fun and dumb, but I don't get why everyone is fawning over Penn. He's a New York 6 and an LA 3.

by Anonymousreply 19December 26, 2019 6:17 PM

Yeah, I don't find Penn attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 20December 27, 2019 2:24 AM

I think his voice is attractive, I love the sound of him speaking. He could do with a few extra kilos, bit too scrawny for me.

by Anonymousreply 21December 27, 2019 4:53 AM

He looks much thinner this season. Doesn't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 22December 27, 2019 12:51 PM

Another stupid trailer that shows the entire story. Why bother watching now.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2019 1:03 PM

Love's brother is hot.

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2019 4:13 PM

Penn is hot and first reason to watch. But it is also good show.

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2019 4:42 PM

I appreciate his fine handiwork in building plexiglass cages, top rate.

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2019 4:45 PM

So Joe got away with murder (again), has a girlfriend who is just as psycho as he is, soon to be a father and he is still creeping around his new neighbor? Some men are never satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2019 10:04 PM

This season was better than Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 28December 28, 2019 2:46 AM

You think so R28? I loved the first season, binged it in one sitting. But I'm struggling with the second season, I'm on episode 3 and it's just not holding my attention very well. I love Penn, he plays the role to perfection but making him into some kind of vigilante just feels like Dexter 2.0. I do like the guy he's got locked in the plexiglas container, the actual Will. He reminds me of Ryan Gosling. But talented.

by Anonymousreply 29December 28, 2019 2:51 AM

R29, it really starts to pick up around episode 4 and 5. I couldn't stop watching and binged the rest. Episode 8 is the best of the series.

by Anonymousreply 30December 28, 2019 4:03 AM

Boring

by Anonymousreply 31December 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Not boring at all. It’s good tv, and definitely bingeworthy. I’ve done 7 episodes in 2 nights and will finish it tomorrow. I actually like it better than season 1.

Penn Badgely is thin, but I thought he was thinner in season1. Not crazy about his body, but something about him is sexy, and he is great in this role.

I do wonder why the show is playing Love’s brother Forty as straight — that actor/character is gay as all hell.

by Anonymousreply 32December 28, 2019 7:50 AM

SPOILER ALERT The episode 9 speech Love gives is reminiscent of that Nancy Brown/Barbara Novak delivers in Down with Love.

by Anonymousreply 33December 28, 2019 8:13 AM

Thanks R30, I'll stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 34December 28, 2019 10:33 AM

Any Penn nudity now that it is a Netflix Original?

by Anonymousreply 35December 28, 2019 11:10 AM

It gets unnecessarily violent too soon.

by Anonymousreply 36December 28, 2019 11:40 AM

R32 I agree, Penn has great appeal to me. Maybe it is his eyes, which are beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 37December 28, 2019 12:35 PM

I think it's his eyes and his mannerisms.

R36, it's a violent show. He's a psychopath and a killer. But we still root for him.

I loved the ending and hope there is a season 3.

by Anonymousreply 38December 28, 2019 12:39 PM

I loved Season 1 and will definitely watch Season 2. I find Penn very sexy, although thin, yes.

I REALLY liked Elizabeth Lail (Beck) in Season 1. I thought she was beautiful and appealing. Will miss her in #2.

by Anonymousreply 39December 28, 2019 12:55 PM

I am on episode 2 and already find Love to be a better character than Beck.

by Anonymousreply 40December 28, 2019 1:01 PM

Beck annoyed me, which I think was intentional, so that we weren't too upset that Joe killed her. Love is definitely better.

by Anonymousreply 41December 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Any nudity?

by Anonymousreply 42December 28, 2019 2:28 PM

Some shirtless scenes of Penn, but that’s it.

I still can’t believe Forty wasn’t written as gay gay gay.

by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2019 7:26 AM

I binge watched season 2. Loved it more then season 1.

Penn B is extremely talented. Soulful eyes, smile, thick curly hair... you almost begin to believe he is truly repentant. Only kills when he absolutely has to.

Skinnier then season 1. Writing is good. He is a very special serial killer

by Anonymousreply 44December 29, 2019 7:57 AM

I watched season 1 because I love Peen Badgley, but it was hard to get through. I've only watched the first episode of season 2, plus maybe ten minutes of the second episode. I don't have the same tolerance for violence I once did (not that I was ever a big fan). I found myself wishing he'd get cast as the star of the next Grey's Anatomy or Law & Order.

by Anonymousreply 45December 29, 2019 8:21 AM

I don't get why Dr. Nicky would talk about God and not free himself. Forty just told you , that you were framed and he wrote a screenplay that can prove certain things. Lol, that's the type of shit that pisses me off in these types of shows. Joe has assumed multiple identities (fraud) 1 for the purpose of criminal activity, the 2nd for a hot of possible reasons. Yet the suspicious cop who should know something is off with Will Bettelheim doesn't care to do digging. Ok.....

I agree Love is a more layered character than Beck who is a typical girl-next-door type, but I like the actress for Beck more.

I think he admitted to being bi R43. I can't be sure, but it was some event he was happy about I think in episode 4 or 5. Yes, the actor is gay, so I think parts of himself came out in certain scenes. The thing that made me go..... he's totally gay was when Forty told Joe that Love was definitely jealous then the black guy with glasses made snide remarks about the dating apps. THEN, the fight scene with the Aussie. So …. snappy. QUEEN!

I agree R44 when he cried on the acupuncture table I was like...… hot damn! That's some good acting.

My fav character in this so far is the Airbnb dominatrix and Ellie.

by Anonymousreply 46December 29, 2019 8:25 AM

I have a confession to make - I don't think Joe is a bad person. I mean, obviously murder is wrong but the rest, the fantasising, the social media stalking, "accidentally" running into your crush- who hasn't done that? I've done all of that with my three major relationships. Am I just a creep like Joe, or do other people do this too?

by Anonymousreply 47December 29, 2019 10:50 AM

When Forty was about to introduce THAT love interest, he rambled on for about a minute about how amazing the person is without pronouns. I thought he was going to come out in that scene, and then You Know Who came up.

by Anonymousreply 48December 29, 2019 3:47 PM

I'm surprised so many of you liked season 2 more than season 1. Ellie was an annoyance that didn't need to be there. Hated that character and it made no sense that Joe would be so invested in caring about her. The whole thing just became a big cliche with ridiculous plots. I loved the first season though and think Penn is hot albeit too thin, he looks downright frail.

by Anonymousreply 49December 29, 2019 9:20 PM

Ellie? Her name is Love.

by Anonymousreply 50December 29, 2019 9:22 PM

Ellie= the annoying smart-mouthed teenager who was "smarter" than everyone else, except Joe.

by Anonymousreply 51December 29, 2019 10:00 PM

I watched both seasons in two days of being home sick. The trailers really did a disservice by being better edited than either season. Agreed, they gave the whole story away and.left me expecting more murders to fill out all of those episodes. Of course that's not necessary to tell a good story but it did illustrate how the story/ies could have been told with 20-30% fewer episodes and a stronger focus on the strong points. The Lifetime influence was a little too strong both times around, even when it was a Netflix project.

by Anonymousreply 52December 29, 2019 10:37 PM

Like last season, this went on about 3 episodes too long and had subplots that didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 53December 29, 2019 10:39 PM

The black actor who played Love’s gay friend is either aging terribly or was being lit very poorly. He was cute in Russian Doll and the new Tales of the City, but he looked like he’d aged a decade since those shows.

I thought Love was adorable. The actress who plays her was a revelation on The Haunting of Hill House. Not as good here, but she’s better than Beck.

by Anonymousreply 54December 29, 2019 11:06 PM

This could have been great camp but it was so bad it was bad! The whole mess in the last episode with those dead bodies.....no cameras picked at least up one of those murders(especially the one in the hallway)? C'mon they are asking us to suspend our disbelief too much. Then again you can take the show off of Lifetime but not Lifetime out of the show!

by Anonymousreply 55December 29, 2019 11:50 PM

I have to give Penn credit, he really did try and act the hell out of this role. I didn't know he had it in him based upon his previous roles. The scene on the acupuncture table was really wonderful.

[quote]I'm surprised so many of you liked season 2 more than season 1. Ellie was an annoyance that didn't need to be there. Hated that character and it made no sense that Joe would be so invested in caring about her.

I found Ellie annoying but his friendship with her & Delilah (who he tried to help) along with the guy he let go (who told him the truth about what he would do if he was free and never betrayed him) served to prove that Joe is actually getting "better." He's not a psycho with no conscience.

Also a lot of the show dealt with Joe's childhood trauma and now he inadvertently helped screw up another child's life. His mom got rid of him as a kid because she didn't know how to help him and now he's getting rid of Ellie to "help" her since there are worse people than him out there as he said like Love and her family.

I think that will likely be the setup for why he "breaks up" with Love because while she is just as twisted as he was, he is slowly moving beyond that.

[quote]Yet the suspicious cop who should know something is off with Will Bettelheim doesn't care to do digging. Ok.....

The cop did eventually figure everything out after he ran into him again with Delilah but her disappearance kinda side tracked him from digging into Joe so I can't really hate on him for that.

by Anonymousreply 56December 30, 2019 12:46 AM

omg, you guys are blind. He isn't good looking at all! He's nerdy looking.

by Anonymousreply 57December 30, 2019 12:56 AM

I used to find Penn hot 10 years ago but now he’s too skinny. Looks skeletal.

I loved the actress that played Love. She is very talented. That character could have been the most annoying thing ever in the wrong actresses hands, but she made the character layered and added a lot of spunk and personality. She has a bit of Kat Dennings quality to her, but more talented. Loved her. Hated the twist with her though.

by Anonymousreply 58December 30, 2019 1:01 AM

I was fine with 10 episodes, and saying there were subplots that didn’t matter is ridiculous.

If you want to cut 3 episodes, you should stick to movies.

by Anonymousreply 59December 30, 2019 6:47 AM

R57, if you think Penn Badgley is nerdy looking, you haven’t met many nerds.

And anyone who thinks PB is thinner in season 2 needs to revisit season 1 — he was even thinner then.

by Anonymousreply 60December 30, 2019 6:52 AM

[bold]Penn Badgley and Gina Rodriguez on Why His ‘You’ Character Is Far From a Hero[/bold]

[quote]I think the logline on Lifetime was “How far are you willing to go for love?” But I was always like, “No, that’s not what that is.” To me it’s like, “How far are we willing to go to forgive an evil white man?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 30, 2019 11:00 AM

I would swear some of these new episodes are written by someone on DL. Fess up!

by Anonymousreply 62December 30, 2019 7:06 PM

R62 impossible. A DLer would make him gay and naked all the time. It would be 10 episodes of gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 63December 30, 2019 7:43 PM

Is this a frau show? Anything of gay male interest?

by Anonymousreply 64December 30, 2019 7:47 PM

are gay men not humans? I like watching shows that entertain me and I’m gay. I don’t only watch “gay” stuff.

by Anonymousreply 65December 30, 2019 7:49 PM

he's so sexy to me. can't wait to start.

by Anonymousreply 66December 30, 2019 7:52 PM

Penn looks hot in yellow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Netflix released categories of the most popular shows on Netflix for 2019. For episodic TV, "YOU season 2" rank #5.

Top 10 Most Popular Series Releases of 2019

1. Stranger Things 3

2. The Witcher

3. The Umbrella Academy

4. Dead to Me

5. You: Season 2

6. When They See Us

7. Unbelievable

8. Sex Education

9. 13 Reasons Why

10. Raising Dion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2019 6:38 AM

Sweet!

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2019 7:28 AM

I mostly enjoyed this season. It looks like the interest faded after a few days. I hardly hear anything anymore. The shock value is gone. Onto the next TV fad, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2020 3:19 AM

I can't believe they tried to sell Forty as straight. They could've pulled it off if they hadn't dressed him like a Datalounger. No straight man wears a kimono or a flowy Cardigan over a black tank top. Whoever's in charge of costuming should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 71January 5, 2020 11:56 PM

I think it was a good idea to play Forty as a swish, it added to the sexual tension between him and Joe. It also suggested something was weird with him sexually, I was sure they were going to reveal his sister or his mother had been incestuous with him.

by Anonymousreply 72January 6, 2020 9:47 AM

Forty was straight. Many trust fund dudes raised super liberal in Cali come off ambiguous

by Anonymousreply 73January 6, 2020 9:55 AM

Season 3 better be better!

by Anonymousreply 74January 6, 2020 10:08 AM

Kinda think they finished this one off this season.

by Anonymousreply 75January 6, 2020 10:19 AM

R73 Yeah but there's a difference between ambiguity and being one sexually-charged conversation with Joe away from bursting out into an impromptu rendition of I Am What I Am.

by Anonymousreply 76January 6, 2020 12:50 PM

R73 He was a straightest sissiest swisher I've ever seen! What a spoiled little princess as well. He might have been bi on that show. Though he was right in the end no matter how crazy he seemed.

by Anonymousreply 77January 6, 2020 1:59 PM

Did they ever explain why the twin brother has the stupid name "Forty?"

by Anonymousreply 78January 6, 2020 3:25 PM

Because Love and Forty are born into wealthy California parents, who love to name their kids stupid names.

by Anonymousreply 79January 6, 2020 3:28 PM

It's a tennis reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 6, 2020 3:40 PM

Forty's super hot. The whole time I kept wishing we'd see Joe lose his shit, bend the brat over a table, and fuck him till he cries.

by Anonymousreply 81January 6, 2020 4:17 PM

I can't believe there was more nudity when it was a Lifetime production. Despite having so many hot guys in the cast we've seen none of them without pants yet. At least in season one we got to see Benji's butt.

by Anonymousreply 82January 6, 2020 4:18 PM

Get to know the actor who plays Forty Quinn better in the video at this IMDB link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 7, 2020 7:01 PM

R 44 here (loved YOU) I definitely thought Forty was gay — thinly closeted. Don’t get why others didn’t see this? I liked the subtlety of his character.

To me, Joe represents everything we hate and love about ourselves. Forgive the cliched oversimplification.

I loved his tenderness, his wit, his aching desire to love and be loved, his devotion, his painful memories of childhood, how he tried to “save” his neighbor child, suffering Joe’s painful childhood (interesting that this child refused to help Love)

Of course I hated that he killed people — who hasn’t fantasized of offing people actively screwing our lives or lives of our loved ones?

I have. We all have, but fortunately we have impulse control because we are not psychotic ....

Did someone post that Penn is gay? I think not

Please share your thoughts

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Penn is very well shot on this series. He looked feral on Colbert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2020 8:00 PM

R84 This is R77. I got it and mentioned it.......

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2020 8:42 PM

Here's the Youtube link for that James Scully interview that no longer works in r83 (if it ever did) ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2020 2:26 AM

It's been renewed but I thought they should have ended it where it is. I don't see how they can keep this fresh anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2020 3:10 PM

Oy - returning 2021 - that's a long break. Hopefully Penn can get a good project in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2020 3:36 PM

I tried to get into this show but found nothing likable about the main guy and hard to root for him or even care much. Does it get better after the first three episodes?

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2020 4:27 PM

R84, this is why swishers don't get work. He is gay IRL..so, natch ppl think the character is gay.

Don't be swishy if you want work.

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2020 4:30 PM

R89, when did you think it would return? Netflix shows debut a new season once a year.

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2020 12:42 AM

2021 is looking brighter already - Halloween Ends, a new season of You and a new president.

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2020 12:43 AM

Forty told Joe to think of him while fucking Delilah. He's clearly gay, being molested by his nanny fucked him up.

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2020 1:48 AM

The girl who plays Ellie is getting surprisingly little attention despite being the strongest of the cast. That scene where she breaks down after Delilah goes missing was incredibly jarring in a good way, it's rare actors so young show that much promise. Why is she being ignored by the press?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2020 1:51 AM

Candace is by far my favorite character. She's bitchy, fun, and despite not being in it nearly enough is the most entertaining thing about this season.

by Anonymousreply 96January 15, 2020 1:53 AM

Which city will Joe move to in Season 3? Portland? Phoenix? New Orleans? Honolulu?

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2020 6:42 AM

Who caress, it’s bound to be filmed in Vancouver anyways.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Won't he stay in LA? He's obsessed with his new next door neighbor .

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2020 12:57 PM

I really wish they would've made Forty gay and obsessed with Joe. It would've been fun to have a tables-turned scenario in this show. Give Joe a taste of his own medicine, make him the "You" to some guy.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2020 2:58 PM

Is his new neighbor his mom?

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2020 3:13 PM

The neighbour was reading high school level English literature texts. University maybe.

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2020 7:57 PM

The Ellie character is not getting more attention because she was an annoying little asshole who added nothing to the plot except distraction.

by Anonymousreply 103January 20, 2020 4:55 PM

R103 Not the character, the actress.

by Anonymousreply 104January 20, 2020 4:56 PM

I am not interested unless they get Badgley to show ass, maybe even pubes

by Anonymousreply 105January 20, 2020 5:00 PM

R105 Something tells me he has a No Nudity clause in his contract, or else we would've seen something already.

by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2020 5:11 PM

Love has really bad, greasy hair.

by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2020 5:28 PM

I finished Season 2. It completely jumped the shark. It took "Dexter" five seasons to tank. "You" could even craft a plausible 2nd season. It's done.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2020 6:02 PM

I just read they renewed for a Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 109January 20, 2020 6:46 PM

That was like a week ago. Try and keep up.

by Anonymousreply 110January 21, 2020 2:58 AM

Penn's face and hair are really sexy and he photographs so well. At the weddig he looks very debonair with the slicked back hair.

his body is just sooo think! way more noticable this season.

[quote] My fav character in this so far is the Airbnb dominatrix and Ellie.

I just looked it up and it was played by Madeline Zima aga the youngest Sheffield daughter on the Nanny!

by Anonymousreply 111January 21, 2020 4:30 AM

I thought Berlatani might be catering to the gays a little bit when Penn spent that whole 5 minute scene hogtied on his stomach and moaning.

by Anonymousreply 112January 21, 2020 11:15 AM

Madeline Zima was riding David Duchovny in Californication. That was an eye opener.

by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2020 1:56 PM

Madeline Zima was riding David Duchovny in Californication. That was an eye opener.

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2020 1:56 PM

The ending was heartbreaking, loved Forty.

by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2020 2:46 PM

Forty annoyed the shit out of me but still caught my attention whenever he was on screen. Every time he started acting pretentious or whining about his sister I wanted to shut him up by fucking his face.

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote] Yeah, I don't find Penn attractive at all.

I can sort of understand that. He looked way hotter in Gossip’Girl, because he was buff with shorter hair. I don’t like Penn skinny with bushy hair, but that’s part of his character according to the book. Penn lost tons of weight for the role, and he’s amazing in it!

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2020 2:51 PM

The actor (James Scully) who plays Forty had come out as “bisexual” but plays a straight man in You. I thought he was great in Heathers and Straight Up. He looks very different without the goatee.

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote] Penn Badgely is thin, but I thought he was thinner in season1. Not crazy about his body, but something about him is sexy, and he is great in this role.

I think it’s his voice and mannerisms that makes him hot.

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2020 3:05 PM

James Scully came out as gay, didn't he? If he's "bisexual" I want to know who he thinks he's fooling.

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2020 3:05 PM

I actually felt bad for Candace at the end, she was only trying to warn Love that Joe was a killer. I actually cried like a baby in the finale, Forty was one hot guy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2020 3:26 PM

The last episode was a doozy for sure. I was disappointed by the very end though. It would have been much more interesting to have Love and Joe live like normal people for awhile and then maybe become obsessive about their child's success or something, killing off conniving PTA parents together. Or maybe even have Joe's Mom reappear as the doting-but-psycho grandmother. Having Joe become immediately obsessed with the neighbor is too easy and kind of a let-down IMO.

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2020 3:42 PM

R122 Perhaps Meryl Streep could play the grandmother?

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2020 4:52 PM

R122 You’re assuming that joes new obsession is going to be another arty literary ingenue and not something more complex.

by Anonymousreply 124January 22, 2020 10:49 PM

Was this show written by a DLer? It's pure DL catnip. An average white man who gets away with literal murder because he's "hawt." Surprise Forty wasn't presenting hole the entire second season.

by Anonymousreply 125February 25, 2020 6:48 PM

I just finished the 2nd season. Joe's new obsession, the neighbor, is his mother, right?

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2020 9:17 PM

[qupte] I don't think Joe is a bad person. I mean, obviously murder is wrong but the rest, the fantasising, the social media stalking, "accidentally" running into your crush- who hasn't done that?

Call me old fashioned if you must but to me the multiple kidnappings and murders kinda tip the scale

And thank you to the poster who said the actress reminded him of Kat Dennings. It seriously annoyed me I couldn't quite pin down who she reminded me of.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2020 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!