Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hallmark Pulls Gay Wedding Ad After Pressure from ‘One Million Moms’

Pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2020 6:42 PM

I can't fucking believe they caved to those ten frau cunts who make up that organisation. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Well they should have known better.

Most cards are bought by "million mom" types.

Cards are quickly going away so fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2019 3:33 PM

People told me One Million Moms "had no power" tho.

I tried to warn y'all that you were wrong. Y'all are in denial (probably because it's a white group). Meanwhile you still scream about black people 24/7

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2019 3:35 PM

If gays can pressure chick fil A to drop salvation army and other Christian charities then million moms can pressure hallmark to take out the gay content from their channels. You are exercising your rights and they are exercising theirs.

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2019 3:40 PM

A reminder of happier times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2019 3:46 PM

Sad. Hallmark is becoming a House of Cards.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2019 4:00 PM

R4, they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2019 4:03 PM

Don't you boys know only men can be homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote]If gays can pressure chick fil A to drop salvation army and other Christian charities

Their contracts with those organizations were already ending. They just made a public announcement to spin it as if they were doing that by choice.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2019 4:08 PM

Sad bunch of Karens. Fuck Hallmark for giving in to them. x

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2019 4:11 PM

r9 agreed and there is a difference between supporting hate organizations and boycotting a network for advertising.

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Not surprised, I figured it was only a matter of time. Although I will give them credit for having bigger balls than Disney, who has yet to give us representation beyond two background characters seen for five seconds in one movie, despite representing pretty much every other minority group, all because they want those sweet, sweet yen. Hallmark still wins over the Mouse in my gay heart.

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2019 4:33 PM

Republicans like to bitch about "outrage culture" but then they get outraged over shit like this

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2019 4:33 PM

I wish the gay actors whose those Hallmark movies would stage a boycott

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2019 4:34 PM

Whoops, I meant "the gay actors who do those Hallmark movies"

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2019 4:36 PM

Straight for pay 💰? Luke McFairyland??

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2019 4:41 PM

#boycotthallmark now trending on Twitter as a backlash to the backlash starts.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2019 11:13 PM

Luke M., time to speak out!

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2019 12:27 AM

Bump. Time to protest!

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2019 1:43 AM

stupid cunts from one million moms think they're gay sons aren't sucking dick and their lesbian daughters aren't eating pussy! ahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2019 11:27 AM

#their

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2019 11:28 AM

These are the schlokiest, schmaltziest productions imaginable. I will try one every week or two and never can get past 5 minutes! I want to hate watch them but it’s impossible.

This is one market I don’t want to be represented in!

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2019 12:10 PM

[quote]If gays can pressure chick fil A to drop salvation army and other Christian charities then million moms can pressure hallmark to take out the gay content from their channels. You are exercising your rights and they are exercising theirs.

I don't see where anyone said they should not be allowed exercise their rights...we just strongly disagree with the opinion that led to said pressure. If our stance is "homophobia is wrong" (and you never know at DL) then we prefer companies not to be homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2019 12:25 PM

Honestly, this is fucking shameful. America, in all its Capitalist splendor, worships these brand name companies such as Hallmark. Hallmark had no reason to succumb to One Million Moms- I'm sure the LGBTQI+ community has more disposable income to spend on fucking Hallmark cards than a bunch of homophobes with children to sink their money into.

Had they stood by their ad it would have been a powerful message that the LGBTQI+ is here to stay. Also, lesbians have some of the most stable and long-lasting relationships in my life. Who wouldn't celebrate that?

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2019 12:58 PM

I hope every one of them gets a gay kid and finds out their husbands are on apps cruising for dick.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2019 12:59 PM

R4: Oh, girl. Don't do that. Be proud of who you are. Protesting homophobia is not the same as protesting an individuals sexuality or personal relationship. It is such a shame to find this type of rhetoric on a gay-oriented forum. Get a fucking grip.

R12: try again, sweaty. The Disney+ series High Schoo Muical: The Musical: The Series not only features a prominently and flamboyantly gay character, but he is given a love interest. They got a romantic sequence with a slow dance and I am sure they are working toward a kiss. It is also one of the two interracial couples on the show. This series is high-key progressive and it is so great young children get to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2019 1:03 PM

R26. Who told you I am gay.

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2019 1:06 PM

R27: your boyfriend told me last night after I topped him.

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2019 1:34 PM

R28. What. You are delusional. Real straight men are not interested in fags.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2019 1:43 PM

R29: lmao, if you're actually a woman then I am 100% whoever you are "dating" is probably off getting some real head at a truck stop.

Be gone.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2019 1:46 PM

All of this, based on scripture in Leviticus, which is completely misinterpreted for Evangelicals/Christians/Conservatives, yet you cannot explain this to them, without heavy pushback, and hysteria, because THEY understand Old Testament scripture, better than the Jews, from Israel, who speak, read, and write Hebrew, and who were instructed in Rabbinical Law.

I witnessed this conversation take place right in front of me, at a social engagement in Beverly Hills, where an actual Rabbi was in attendance. My date, was a “born again”, and was so misinformed about this biblical verse, that I thought it would be a positive thing, to introduce him to an actual Rabbi from Israel, who actually taught Rabbinical text, to students wishing to become Rabbis, themselves. Of course, he (my date), became a belligerent prick, raged filled prick, when confronted with this. He was so narcissistic, he proclaimed that HIS God had revealed “true” scripture to him, and not the Rabbi.

I ordered him an Uber, texted him from outside, and simply said, “Here’s your ride. Get in, and never, ever call me again, creep”.

Spent the rest of the evening learning shit I never knew, from the Rabbi, who was also funny AF, btw.

Leviticus, is a book of codes and rules, and per Rabbinic Law, Rabbis are allowed to define and redefine these codes, as they wish, in correlation to the epoch in which they serve.

The most important point is that even Rabbis in hundreds of temples around the US, do not condemn gay attraction, relationships, or marriage.

Leviticus refers to ONLY anal intercourse, and it can be interpreted, per Rabbinical experts in Talmudic studies, to mean that anal sex is only legal with women, due to menstruation, a time when sex with women is forbidden. This is allowed as a practice, in order to give men sexual relief, and thusly, not commit the sin of adultery. However, oral sex is not considered sodomy, between two men, or two heterosexuals, or two lesbians. Furthermore, because men do not menstruate, the law may not apply to men who are in a homosexual, romantic relationship.

Again, all flexible and interpretation is made in context, and time. Rabbis interpret the Talmud, not Christians. Christians then either agree, or not, just like Jews. But the Talmudic interpretations and edicts, are not allowed to be set by none other than Rabbis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2019 2:10 PM

There’s practically only white men and white women on the Hallmark channel with a rare token minority fulfilling the role of a clown. It’s like some kind of traditional Aryan race lifestyle show that Nazi Germany would be proud of. #BoycottHallmarkChannel

by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2019 2:11 PM

Hallmark's getting tons of publicity off this.

by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2019 2:19 PM

One Million Moms is much smaller and ineffectual than they'd have the public believe. Despite constantly trumpeting their "victories", many of these are coincidental (a show was going to end due to poor ratings anyway, etc) or completely unrelated. As always, religion isn't about spiritual fulfillment or love—it's about control. Why can't OMM and their ilk just not watch the things they find objectionable? Why do they also have to make sure NO ONE ELSE can do it?

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 2:22 PM

Every winter (January) or summer (July or August), Hallmark throws a big company dinner inviting talent from their movies and press.

They put two stars at each table; execs speak, lots of applause, interviews are done over cocktails. I work in an industry where I usually get an invite.

I suppose I should boycott it and skip it this year, but give up the chance to dine with Eric Mabius and Jennifer Finnegan? No way.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Question: where are the million, Christian moms, when they support a President who has been proven to break the Rabbinical Law of ADULTERY, which is set in stone, with no room for interpretation?

Leviticus is clear: you can have anal sex with your wife when she is having her menses. When your wife is pregnant, menses is absent throughout the entire gestational period, or pregnancy, therefore, allowing you unlimited sexual intimacy via vaginal intercourse, and therefore, giving a husband NO EXCUSE, to not gratify his sexual desires, with his wife’s consent.

Adultery is adultery, and prohibited, no matter what.

Funny, how they support an adulterous President, yet screech hysterically about two men or two women being in a committed relationship.

Christianity has ALWAYS been based on intolerance, hatred, and most predominantly, HYPOCRISY.

THIS is why millions reject your “faith”. Because you are a bigoted lot, who refuse to grow with the times, lack compassion, and make HUGE exceptions for your benefit, while consistently infringing upon the mental and emotional wellbeing of your fellow man.

Shame on y’all.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2019 2:30 PM

R35, why don’t you dine with Eric and Jennifer, and open up some dialogue, regarding this poor PR stunt, which was conceived for a false narrative, due to ratings (poor ones), rather than to indulge a bunch of homophobic women, who believe that their twats automatically entitle them to be bigoted, hypocritical CUNTS?

If you’re in the biz, and this is your most anticipated networking event, then your invites to better events must be scarce as fuck.

Let’s be honest. As soon as the invite shows up in most people’s email or mailbox, it’s not read, deleted, or thrown out, without opening the envelope.

NO ONE attends Hallmark events, other than C listers and below. Scoring better and more potentially profitable invites is easy as fuck, in Hollywood, ESPECIALLY when you will always get to be someone else’s plus one, when they get an invite to the best events in town.

by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2019 2:42 PM

If hallmark is so irrelevant why 37 replies. Why discuss such irrelevant channel. R30. Beacuse you an insatiable slutty bottom who likes to project your sluttiness unto straight men. Take your own advice and be gone.

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Can the "y'all" and "be gone" posters please fuck off? You spend too much time on Twitter and Lipstick Alley whining about "white people".

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2019 3:50 PM

r25: Ew, no. Don't wish for a gay/lesbian kid to grow up raised by such homophobic cunts. Instead, hope that their eggs dry up and whatever children they currently have get taken into care and adopted by gay/lesbian parents.

r39: Put the race card back in the deck. "yall' and "be gone" have been used long before Twitter and Lipstick Alley came about and were never solely or mostly used by blacks. Don't bother playing dumb, it's clear what you were trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2019 4:07 PM

R40. That is never gonna happen since religious people are raised to fulfill and multiply. They will continue to have children.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2019 4:13 PM

Does anyone recall when DL posters went to the One Million Moms website and posted under Stepford Wives characters name. I wish I had saved some of the posts, they here hysterical. It took the gals a while to realize they were being trolled. Somebody even posted Joan Crawford's famous meatloaf recipe. Once they realized it, a mother daughter pair came here to attempt to shame DLers. Somehow, their real names were figured out and the husband/father had some fraud conviction for ripping off people in some scam. I wish I could remember more details. It was about 12 or 13 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2019 4:19 PM

^characters' names.

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 4:20 PM

R40 It's funny how you toss up a faux semantics defense but you knew exactly what y'all and LSA mean. It's irritating and patronizing and it's a specific "tell" for those who spend way too much time griping about "white people" and "Karens". The DL should not turn into LSA where every other post is a reaction GIF.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 4:41 PM

r44 = Trumpster who thinks white people are the real victims

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 5:04 PM

No, I'm just tired of hearing idiots spout "white people" like it makes it any less racist.

by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2019 5:53 PM

R46 = white power Republican who whines about minorities all day, but gets bent out of shape if you mention white people

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2019 5:55 PM

R47 = paid Russian trollina whose only purpose is to stir up division on a gay message board

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2019 5:57 PM

R48 you sound more like a Russian troll than I do. Russian trolls recite Republican talking points like you do.

You're the one stirring the shit

by Anonymousreply 49December 15, 2019 5:59 PM

You're an idiot, r49. Save your "y'all's" and "white people r bad!" nonsense for someone who cares whether you live or die.

by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2019 6:19 PM

Hallmark is not gay friendly at all. Lesbian friendly? Sure, like all other channels are, gay men however, nah... Hell will freeze over before you see a gay MALE couple kissing on Hallmark.

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2019 6:57 PM

Now let’s click on the 535 Pete Buttigieg threads where datalounge’s resident white supremacist demonize black people and blame them for his lack of support.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2019 7:02 PM

R50, save your MAGA nonsense for the Stormfront site

by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote]Hallmark is not gay friendly at all. Lesbian friendly? Sure, like all other channels are, gay men however, nah... Hell will freeze over before you see a gay MALE couple kissing on Hallmark.

Exactly. Lesbians always have it easier, so if they’re upset about this commercial being pulled, let them figure out how to handle it. This isn’t our fight since we’re never represented anyway.

by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2019 7:24 PM

The division trolls are ramping it up. It IS our fight as One Million Moms would come for us too. And they're making it much harder for us to be represented in the media as they target on major networks to keep us off the air.

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2019 7:28 PM

R42, see R5

by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 7:32 PM

Thanks, R56! Totally missed it.

by Anonymousreply 57December 15, 2019 7:36 PM

They deserved the backlash. If they were not ready to endure the conservative pressure they should not make the add in the first place.

It's like supposedly liberal hollywood films and tv shows, they want the publicity of having gay characters but they rarely deliver. If you don't want to have a full flesh gay character is perfectly ok, but then don't promote your show in the gay media.

Hallmark has a very conservative costumers so maybe it wasn't a good idea to post that add, now they have conservatives angry for the add and liberals angry for not being brave enough, so it's a lose lose situation

by Anonymousreply 58December 15, 2019 7:45 PM

R44: honestly, shut the fuck. I'm allowed to type however you want. If you have an issue with nonwhite people that's your issue jackass. Your people voted in Trump.

Be gone.

by Anonymousreply 59December 15, 2019 8:10 PM

R59 Be gone more, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 60December 15, 2019 11:38 PM

Breaking news.

[quote]"The Hallmark Channel is reversing course after it had pulled an ad featuring a same-sex couple kissing at the altar. The CEO is now apologizing..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 16, 2019 12:59 AM

Hmm, I interviewed there years ago and they flew me in for an interview, paid for my hotel and food and swear up and down that they were very LGBT friendly. Even though I needed the job, I turned down their offer because it felt like they were lying about that and design opportunities as well. Kansas City, MO is not exactly a creative hot bed of talent. They have to fly everyone in and lie to them about how great it is to work there. Um, no thanks.

Now glad I made that decision more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 62December 16, 2019 1:04 AM

Go with Papyrus, they are online and hundreds of retail locations all over the US, they have much more creativity going on with their cards than hallmark. They are much higher quality too.

Plus they are gay friendly. Audios Fraumark! See you at Chick Filet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 16, 2019 1:11 AM

R37, I was trying to be a little glib...I really have no power. And, yes, I know this is fucking serious shit. Everyone wants representation, to feel included.

But it's not going to happen. This is all a business. Nobody really cares.

A few other thoughts I have: actors aren't capable of saying anything meaningful on this or pretty much anything; they don't want to jeopardize their livelihoods so only those who are really rich are going to speak out. I've actually heard Hallmark actors say about their movies: "Well, I don't want to give away the ending..." I'm like SERIOUSLY? You get together!

As a gay man, I could give a shit who sleeps with whom (who?) but for some reason a ton of straight people I know feel the need to stick their noses into the lives of gay people they'll never meet. You can't explain to ignorant idiots that people are born the way they are.

Personally, I think there are a lot of closeted people out there; there are likely some angry closeted lesbians among those millions (tens of thousands, actually) moms.

I don't think I'm going to change anyone's mind. You have to keep in mind that Hallmark has a history of not treating people fairly. Mark Steines the ex-hottie who used to host Home & Family was axed after he tried to aid women who were being sexually harassed.

Hallmark will address this; though, I hear they're already talking, trying to fix this or at least do some damage control.

For the record, Hallmark does throw a great bash. Most of the networks stopped throwing parties a while ago and if they still have the now, they're low-scale, low-key. Hallmark usually rents out a big mansion and invites a lot of people.

They'll fix this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 16, 2019 2:21 AM

[quote]For the record, Hallmark does throw a great bash

Who the fuck cares? Do you work for them? They will not fix this you Gay Uncle Tom. They just dug in deeper with their last statement. Gays are out, apologies to the Fraus for offending them. Gays can go suck it if they feel offended.

by Anonymousreply 65December 16, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote] #boycotthallmark now trending on Twitter

Who do they think watches Hallmark? It’s the all frauen network.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2019 2:48 AM

The fact that Hallmark so easily jumped on the hate train does not inspire confidence that they believe what they say about diversity. Why didn't they just tell that hate group to take that shit somewhere else? They didn't because they really don't believe their own words as a core value. Talk is cheap so is diversity advertising.

by Anonymousreply 67December 16, 2019 2:49 AM

I'm surprised Hallmark even aired a gay wedding ad. Isn't that Frau Network personified?

Doesn't make it right that they did, but not shocked whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 68December 16, 2019 2:49 AM

One million Karens can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 69December 16, 2019 2:50 AM

r69 after that bullshit Rachel True hot mess, we don't need any mentions of "Karens," do we?

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2019 2:53 AM

This isn't a employee issue at Hallmark, its an upper management issue. THEY need diversity training if they want to fix this, not a company wide policy BS program. When you spend millions of dollars on the production of a commercial, trust me top management was involved as the key decision makers to pull it. They weighed the consequences and decided gays were disposable.

Their diversity verbiage means nothing in practice.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Imagine if a white nationalist group complained too them about an interracial couple. would they be so quick to pull the commercial? They buy products too. The answer is hell no they would not. But gays? Oh, well, um, um, we didn't want to offend, bla, bla, bla Diversity!

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2019 3:20 AM

R65, give the guy a break. He makes excellent points that are unfortunately, true.

And he’s right, ad is going back on.

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2019 3:31 AM

I went over to the One Million White Moms website to see what they're about and laughed when I saw that they're also mad at Barnes & Noble for selling this book.

[quote]The book, published October 1, gravely disrespects President Donald Trump

Interestingly, it's also for sale on Amazon, but they don't have a campaign against that company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2019 3:35 AM

r72

It took a very long time for interracial to be much more accepted, and it will take even longer for gays because we are so few.

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]And he’s right, ad is going back on.

Only have immense backlash from the gay community. They would have not done it on their own. Hallmark deserves no slack when they feel it's no big deal to discriminate against the GLBT community because some hate group complained.

We are disposable to them. Again I say if a white nationalist group did the same thing about a black couple, they would not have thrown the black community to the curb like they just did with gay people.

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2019 3:38 AM

[quote]It took a very long time for interracial to be much more accepted, and it will take even longer for gays because we are so few.

True but that's not an excuse if you openly advertise how accepting your are in your marking material and advertising. It's just cheap talk to make more money of a community you really deep down don't respect.

by Anonymousreply 77December 16, 2019 3:42 AM

r74, now I'm tempted to buy that book!

by Anonymousreply 78December 16, 2019 4:03 AM

R65, well, R37, 'the fuck' cares about Hallmark parties; he/she posted: "If you’re in the biz, and this is your most anticipated networking event, then your invites to better events must be scarce as fuck."

That's the only reason I mentioned the parties were good, really nice in fact.

And you're right, I was wrong; they won't fix this; because they can't and they don't really want to. They don't want to. If they did, they wouldn't have the programming they have.

They've apologized and are re-instating the ads and it won't be good enough for anyone.

They can hire Paul fucking Telfer and Robert Scott Wilson from DAYS to be in Hallmark's first gay romantic movie; Paul can be the hometown guy, a lumberjack, who never stopped pining away for Robert, now, a NY lawyer who's representing the corporate real estate company that wants to put a mall smack where the old, beloved gazebo is. Paul will be crushed of course. And then, supporting player Molly Ringwald will come up with the idea that the mall can be built AROUND the gazebo. Paul and Rob kiss and get married by the Orange Julius at the new mall.

Nah, they'll get married in the gazebo, of course!

They could do all this and it won't fucking matter. No one will ever be happy with an apology or change. The bottom line is that Hallmark is making a crap-load of money doing exactly what they're doing the way they're doing it. They showed that SNL spoof video of the endless Christmas movies they do at their own party one year and instead of being offended, they just laughed. All the way to the bank.

It's show business not show friends or show philanthropy or inclusion. The commercials will come back. Maybe we'll see one or two gay characters in some of the movies. But real change? Not happening.

It sucks if you're on the outside, especially if you're young and are looking for inclusion.

by Anonymousreply 79December 16, 2019 4:20 AM

Because, Republicunts.

by Anonymousreply 80December 16, 2019 4:25 AM

Hallmark Channel = Cultural DEATH

by Anonymousreply 81December 16, 2019 7:52 AM

So who will be their viewers now. They have now lost the Christian viewers so I guess the lgbt crowd will have to watch them from now on.

by Anonymousreply 82December 16, 2019 10:09 AM

R82, everyone’s blind spot is that in 10 to 15 years or even less, no one will watch the Hallmark channel anymore.

They have some serious programming issues. Their resistance to change will affect their bottom line, and I am sure that their consultants and higher ups have discussed the writing on the wall at length.

I am assuming this commercial was a test. They dropped it, purposely pulled it when they got the expected backlash, and purposely reinstated the commercial after the counter backlash, which was also expected. I don’t believe this was a fluke, because this MUST be discussed with the CEO, and advertisers, before dropping the commercial on TV.

This allowed them to test the market, the responses, and verify the projected stats they’re being faced with regularly. They HAVE to change their programming, or they will cease to exist. They know this, their advertisers know this, and a commercial, featuring a wedding between 2 pretty and white lesbians, was a controlled way of moving into the new landscape of America.

Times are changing, and quickly. This whole thing we’re witnessing with belligerent Trumpers, conservatives, Evangelicals and white supremacy groups, is a way of life that is flailing about, violently gasping for air, before the death rattle sets in, and it can finally slip away. Hallmark’s main demographic is literally DYING. These viewers are not 15-25, and the ones who allowed them revenue, are very likely the same people who religiously watch FOX News, and unfortunately, conservative 60 and over seniors, can’t live forever.

I’m not expecting Hallmark to become Cinemax “After Dark”, or even MTV, but they’re definitely at the precipice of an existential crisis cliff.

Either they roll with the punches, or they’re out for the count.

by Anonymousreply 83December 16, 2019 3:31 PM

[quote]They have some serious programming issues.

Like cancelling all of their regular programming to run a six week long Christmas movie marathon? I'm sure a lot of regular viewers aren't happy about losing Frasier, Golden Girls, etc. You know, the "comfort" programming. And how many times does each movie run - 15-20 times? You'd the fraus could figure out their DVR.

by Anonymousreply 84December 16, 2019 6:14 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 85December 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Isn't Robert Scott Wilson exclusive to Lifetime r79?

by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2020 6:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!