Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Colin Firth and wife Livia Giuggioli have announced their separation.

Colin Firth, Livia Giuggioli, Met Gala, 2018, CouplesEvan Agostini/Invision/AP/REX/Shutterstock Colin Firth and wife Livia Giuggioli have announced their separation.

After 22 years of marriage, and two children together, the Love Actually actor and the Italian film producer have decided to go their separate ways.

"Colin and Livia Firth have separated," their reps tell E! News in a joint statement. "They maintain a close friendship and remain united in their love for their children. They kindly ask for privacy. There will be no further comment."

This announcement comes almost two years after Livia admitted to having a past affair with her alleged stalker. In a statement to E! News in March 2018, the former couple's rep addressed Livia's prior romance with Marco Brancaccia.

"A few years ago Colin and Livia privately made the decision to separate. During that time Livia briefly became involved with former friend Mr Brancaccia. The Firths have since reunited," the rep told E! News at the time.

The statement continued, "Subsequently, Mr Brancaccia carried out a frightening campaign of harassment over several months, much of which is documented. As a consequence of his stalking, threats and refusal to desist, the legal complaint was lodged with the Italian authorities."

At the time, the rep said the Firths never spoke publicly about the affair for "obvious reasons." However, they felt the need to address it when details of the police investigation were published.

Italian journalist Brancaccia denied the stalking allegations.

Colin and Livia are parents to sons Luca Firth, 18, and Matteo Firth, 16. The Oscar winner also has a son, Will Firth, 29, from his relationship with actress Meg Tilly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 10:45 PM

I thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2019 8:51 PM

She a ho...

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2019 8:58 PM

If he's smart, he'll delay the divorce until the youngest is 18. Then he won't have to pay child support. Though after so many years together, he'll still have to pay her something.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2019 9:01 PM

Didn’t she cheat on him?

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote]I thought he was gay.

He is, he's just not ready to admit it yet.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Colin is a pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2019 9:24 PM

Hey Colin, I'm available if you need anything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2019 9:29 PM

If they want privacy, why make a public announcement about it?

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2019 9:34 PM

He's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2019 9:35 PM

Tom Ford, here's your chance!

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2019 9:50 PM

There was a blind recently that said Weinstein got girls (a girl?) for him. Maybe this divorce is related?

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2019 10:16 PM

There is always more than one reason when you're talking about a long term marriage.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2019 10:26 PM

I still fantasize about him from when he played Mr. Darcy on Pride & Prejudice in the 1995 tv miniseries. I'd let that version of Colin fuck me all day long!

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2019 11:29 PM

You can have Colin Firth, but I want him Thecond!

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2019 11:54 PM

I am not surprised, I had a look at her Instagram and there were a few posts earlier this year hinting that they were done. There have been also been the occasional allusions on forums to him not having been faithful himself in the past; does anyone have more concrete information on this? Several years ago (around about early 2012) there was also a blind item about two couples who had open marriages and occasionally practiced swinging together, which some people thought was about him and Livia with Emily Blunt and John Krasinski.

I remember being disappointed to learn during the MeToo revelations that he admitted he was aware of earlier assault allegations against Weinstein (one of the victims, Sophie Dix, had told him about Harvey assaulting her at the time it happened). Yet he not only did nothing about it, but continued to work with him many times afterwards and praise him in awards speeches. Obviously he wasn't the only one who turned a blind eye, but still disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2019 12:49 AM

There has also been a bit of speculation in the past that he might be bi. Has anyone heard rumors about him with other guys too?

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2019 1:03 AM

Yeah Baby!

Glad to hear many would take a pass; I'd have Colin Firth then and now; man is sex on a stick far as one is concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2019 1:23 AM

R16 DL Fave Ben Barnes considers him a mentor. Make of that what you will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2019 1:23 AM

Luca Firth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2019 1:37 AM

Matteo Firth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2019 1:38 AM

Will Firth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2019 1:39 AM

Luca is cute.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2019 1:40 AM

R15

If only!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2019 1:48 AM

When Livia walked into her bedroom and saw this, it was the final straw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2019 2:29 AM

I'd place a bet that it was Rene Zellwegger that broke them up. Nobody can resist her squinty eyed "come hither" look.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2019 2:31 AM

A Single Man...

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2019 2:36 AM

Lainey cooed over them incessantly so I knew their relationship was doomed. Everyone whose ass she climbs up into, ends up being a miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2019 2:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 17, 2019 8:08 AM

Isn't he an inveterate sex addict? Or who might I be thinking of, instead?

by Anonymousreply 29December 17, 2019 8:12 AM

[quote]DL Fave Ben Barnes considers him a mentor. Make of that what you will.

Colin played the guy who corrupts Ben (Dorian Gray).

by Anonymousreply 30December 17, 2019 8:14 AM

I've read he's a bad and sanctimonious cheater here on DL, though I wish I had examples. Colin Cuntinuous Cunt seems to be the word of the day.

by Anonymousreply 31December 17, 2019 9:48 AM

I'd hit it, R28.

by Anonymousreply 32December 17, 2019 9:51 AM

He was perfect in Another Country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2019 10:40 AM

He’s got to find and marry a woman named Safety.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 10:42 AM

[quote]I've read he's a bad and sanctimonious cheater here on DL

And didn't he start a family in Canada several decades ago when he was very young that he has little to do with?

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2019 12:59 AM

R35, he has a son with Meg Tilly and they were in a relationship for a few years, but broke up in the early 90s and he went back to the UK while she stayed in Canada. In fairness, I think he did actually make an effort to stay involved in his son's life, and also with her son and daughter from a previous relationship. There was a blog online somewhere from a friend of the daughter's who attended her graduation party and saw Colin there. Meg also made a comment somewhere that Colin had been more of a father to her daughter than her biological father had.

But I have heard rumours about him having played around, albeit without any details. Any famous names that he's been linked to? There was one gossip item back in 2012 that had photos of him leaving a party with Cameron Diaz and the columnist commenting that it was very unusual for him to be seen out in that way with someone other than his wife. But that could have been calculated publicity for a film they were shooting together around that time.

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2019 10:41 PM

I want him, he's so damn sexy

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 10:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!