Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Getting Up at 5 a.m. Will Change Your Life

What do think about this guy Jeff Sanders and other "productivity" gurus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 24, 2021 4:31 AM

He will kill himself at 50.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2019 12:37 PM

He looks very clean, all over.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2019 12:41 PM

Waking up at 5 am gets annoying eventually.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2019 12:46 PM

It did change my life, I was exhausted from dawn til dusk and got nothing done. Getting up at 7 a.m. is much better.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2019 12:50 PM

It will change you into a nasty person like Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2019 12:54 PM

I prefer to wake up around 10:30 whenever possible.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2019 12:56 PM

Getting up at 5:00 AM is fine, if you you are in bed by 9:00 PM. It will change your life, but not in the way he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2019 12:57 PM

R7 I agree, it's fine and all. When I was in college I worked at a grocery store part time and my shift hours were 6:30 to 11:30 am and then I took classes in the afternoon. It wasn't really life changing and I lived walking distance to the store.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2019 1:03 PM

R7 I agree, it's fine and all. When I was in college I worked at a grocery store part time and my shift hours were 6:30 to 11:30 am and then I took classes in the afternoon. It wasn't really life changing and I lived walking distance to the store.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2019 1:03 PM

I'm with R4. I'd rather get up at a time more in line with my body clock a couple hours later and keep up the pace all day than get up at 5 and spend 11am to 11pm in a stupor.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2019 1:04 PM

I bet this guy probably lifts ideas from other productivity gurus.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2019 1:07 PM

I work 2nd shift. I sometimes go to bed at 5am.

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2019 1:14 PM

So will sticking knitting needles in your eyes, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be trying THAT any time soon, either.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2019 1:14 PM

This dude is just another "influencer" trying to act like he has discovered the fountain of youth. Nevermind that loads of people have said many variations of this same thing over and over again. But he'll get millions of "views" for sure.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2019 1:22 PM

[quote] I bet this guy probably lifts ideas from other productivity gurus.

They all do that. There's not much original substance to any of their programs. And they're always cross-promoting each other, interviewing eachother on their podcasts and YouTube channels.

They all want to be the next Tim Robbins or Jack Canfield.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2019 1:24 PM

They're frauds.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2019 1:26 PM

Getting up at 5 am every day will teach you that most stores aren’t open until 10 at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote]But I do make my bed everyday

The guy I knew who bragged about making his bed every day went to graduate school, couldn't get work, became a male prostitute, and died of natural causes or killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2019 1:28 PM

Yes, but I’ll bet he died with a made bed.

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2019 1:29 PM

How many bullshit life coaches does this world need?

I cannot go to a chamber of commerce event in my town without having to talk to at least 4 or 5 of them who are buzzing around. Then they're on TV. Then they're on the internet following you around in ads.

It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2019 1:31 PM

R15 Why would anyone want to be Tim Robbins?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2019 1:31 PM

Although it IS a good picture of him.^^

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2019 1:32 PM

Tony Robbins had the sense to get in early.

Oh, and now they all self-publish some 25-page booklet, and call themselves best-selling authors.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2019 1:33 PM

lol r21!

I meant Tony Robbins.

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2019 1:40 PM

[quote] Getting up at 5:00 AM is fine, if you you are in bed by 9:00 PM. It will change your life, but not in the way he thinks.

How, then?

Sincere question.

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Waking up at 5 am will change your life by changing you from a 24 year old to a 44 year old eventually. Yay for change!

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2019 1:45 PM

It’s much better to wake up at noon.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2019 1:50 PM

No, getting up and getting your shit done every day will change your life. It doesn't matter what time you wake up.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2019 2:08 PM

R28 Hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Casey Niedstat (sp?) does this as well. I think he gets up at 4 am though. Goes to bed at 11 pm based off some Navy Seal guy's routine. Supposed to be more productive with all that extra time.

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2019 3:29 PM

that's crazy, r30. People need more than 5 hours of sleep. I have trouble sleeping so I know that I am not as productive when I get less than six hours of sleep, and over a prolonged time, I really see a diminished quality of life.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2019 3:33 PM

No it won't. It'll make you go to bed at 8am like an old person. Sigh, tiring, stale advice.

by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2019 3:35 PM

I had to do this for an insane job for 5 years. It nearly destroyed me physically and mentally. Some people are just wired differently and can function on less sleep. And they don’t have severe insomnia like I have. Those people are more successful in most jobs - they just have more energy and a biological advantage in the capitalism game.

In fact I know very few successful people in my field who get 8 hours sleep - and most do get up at 5AM. But it’s a cause/effect confusion that implies by getting up at 5, you will be more successful. Physically and mentally, I can’t.

by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2019 5:24 PM

I hate people who are oddly righteous about being early birds. I'd rather be smacked upside the head with a cast iron pan than attend anything between 7-830am timeframe on any given morning.

by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2019 5:35 PM

Tangent: my Mom used to say, if you want something done, give it to a busy man.

It’s not intuitive, because you might think a busy man couldn’t fit in another task, but a busy man, one who might get up at 5 am, gets things done, not like some sleepyhead.

I used to be a busy man, but now I’m a sleepyhead. I am less stressed, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2019 5:36 PM

The reason some of us feel like shit being forced to get up early is because we are natural night owls. Our brains are literally different than those of early risers. It's not a character defect, it's science.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 13, 2019 5:41 PM

This really depends on the person, as many posters have stated. It took me 6 years, but I’ve finally figured out that I am much more productive in the morning. So the analytical audits that I’m required to complete for work start first thing in the morning. I might even work remote for an hour or two starting at 6:30am because I have so much clarity in the morning.

Whatever I do, I know that I am the most productive between 6-11am. When I’m forced to stay late on a big project my focus is shot and mistakes are more likely to occur.

Additinally, when I have a complicated major life decision or work issue, that doesn’t require immediate action, I will review all my options but sleep on it before making a decision. I’ve accepted the fact that I am not a highly intelligent person, so I need time for my brain to process the information.

A 5am start time has been wonderful for my daily objectives. I don’t do anything worth while late at night so I’ve started making sleep a priority. But each their own.

by Anonymousreply 37December 13, 2019 5:48 PM

If could pick my own workday hours it would be 11 am - 7 pm or noon - 8 pm. I would stay up until 2 am and sleep until 9 am, go to the gym and then head to work.

by Anonymousreply 38December 13, 2019 6:15 PM

“I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and Psychology from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. My wife Tessa and I live in Nashville, Tennessee with our daughter, Maisie, and pug, Benny.”

Mmmmm Kay.

by Anonymousreply 39December 13, 2019 6:37 PM

A lot of these people are liars. How many times have you gone on a diet or started a regimen of any kind and been all evangelical about it for week or a month, and then the bottom falls out.

Trump always said he got just 4 or so hours of sleep a night. My naive, workaholic immigrant husband read this in a book nearly two decades before the current hellscape was even imaginable and would tut-tut me for saying I needed a solid 9 hours a night back then. "That's more sleep than Donald Trump gets in three days!" Well , we all know his daily routine now-- that was either not true or at least not sustainable, not once they stopped selling mini-thins at the gas station, anyway.

I get by on 6-7 a night now. I use 4 scoops of coffee to make a pot and got threw a few of those a day. You do what you have to do. But fuck getting up at 5.

by Anonymousreply 40December 13, 2019 6:38 PM

^THROUGH*

by Anonymousreply 41December 13, 2019 6:40 PM

I wake up naturally by 0500 if not earlier, like it or not. I get a shit ton of stuff done by 0900, even including my morning commute, and on the rare morning I sleep later I get stressed out because I’m used to having so much done by the time my coworkers start to wander in.

Mr. Sanders could coach his dick in my mouth but only if he promises to shut up – I fail to see what qualifies him to improve the plans or plight of any random stranger in his proffered 1-hour window.

by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2019 6:55 PM

Not all of us are 18 year old marines.

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2019 7:11 PM

When I worked I had to be up by 4:30 and trust me, it didn't change my life. However since I have retired about 10 years ago, I have set an alarm clock maybe 5 times and being able to sleep until I woke up and say in bed until I felt like getting up has changed my life and enjoyment a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 44December 13, 2019 7:13 PM

I get up at 5 am to pee; then I go back to sleep. I am a happy, congenial friend to all.

by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2019 7:15 PM

I don’t want to be productive - I want to be happy. Slaving away for a sociopathic corporation is the exact opposite of happiness. I finally learned to love life after stopping being “productive”, sleeping when and how long my body dictates and finding joy in being in the moment doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2019 7:21 PM

He gets up at 5:00 am to quietly slink out of his Grindr date’s apartment and head back home.

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2019 7:21 PM

Night owl here. I can attest to every day at work, getting mostly nothing done until after lunch. I sit there like a zombie in the mornings and try to work, but my best work is done after noon.

I have a friend who keeps insisting I need to wake up at 5am and go work out with her. I keep telling her to kindly fuck off. Right now, I'm lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night. I'm 50 and even as a kid, I would sneak out of my room and listen to my parents watch the Tonight Show because I couldn't sleep.

by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2019 8:13 PM

R48, does coffee do anything for you? Coffee makes me feel good in the morning but it doesn't really help me focus. I feel like no matter what time I wake up, I always focus better when I have 8-10 hours of sleep.

by Anonymousreply 49December 13, 2019 8:15 PM

I think the real secret is whatever works for you as long as you work out. Getting that healthy, strength building excercise in and enough sleep in is more important. How ever makes sense to you.

by Anonymousreply 50December 13, 2019 8:16 PM

I get up at 5am. Life still sucks. Fuck that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 51December 13, 2019 8:18 PM

He acts like he invented the wheel Every "self help" guru is spouting off about getting up early now

by Anonymousreply 52December 13, 2019 8:23 PM

It's all a trade-off. If you get up super early, then you'll have more productive mornings, but start dragging by early afternoon. And if you wake-up later, then your afternoons tend to be more productive and you tend to have a more active social life after work. It's whatever works for you.

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2019 8:24 PM

All these insta types just rip each other off and recycle each other’s “inspirational” crap.

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2019 8:28 PM

r49, I love coffee. It helps a little. For the most part though, even after my third cup, I will find myself almost dozing off at my desk. And then when I get home, I'm so tired from lack of sleep in the mornings that working out seems like the last thing I want to do.

And yes, I am fat. I often wonder how many other obsese people are night owls forced to conform to a 9-6 world.

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2019 8:30 PM

If you get up at 5:00 am, then you'll miss Dancing With The Stars, that Viola Davis show where she teaches people to murder and Law & Order: Child Abduction.

There is no good tv on until late night.

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2019 8:30 PM

WHET the nurse that plugged some sporting outfit in the midst of telling the death of one of his patient? Those "influencers" are really something.

by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2019 8:32 PM

What a doofus. Not everybody's internal clock (circadian rhythm) is the same.

by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2019 8:39 PM

R46 Well put! BTDT with the sociopathic corporation. Getting up at 6 am is early enough. I can work out and get to the office in plenty of time to get a head start on the day. No, I'm not a morning person, but this routine keeps me out of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2019 8:40 PM

[quote]I hate people who are oddly righteous about being early birds. I'd rather be smacked upside the head with a cast iron pan than attend anything between 7-830am timeframe on any given morning.

I know the type that you're talking about. I do know a few people who do enjoy waking up early, but they don't make a big deal about it.

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2019 9:00 PM

R55, what you're saying makes so much sense. I feel very hungry until the weekend which is where I get my best sleep.

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2019 9:57 PM

I get u p at 4 or 5 every day. I love getting up at that hour.

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2019 10:04 PM

We're up at the crack of noon every day whether we need to or not!

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2019 10:13 PM

R62 It's just the opposite for me. Best work schedule I've ever had is 2pm to 10pm. Usually work out, exercise around midnight, then eat-relax and take care of stuff, and go to bed around 4-5am. Up around noon.

by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2019 10:23 PM

R40, I had college roommates who regularly got just 4 hours of sleep nightly and never took any special meds or drank more than a couple of cups of coffee daily. They said that even on weekends and vacations they were very energetic, and had been like that since they were very young children.

by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2019 2:19 AM

I'm not even an early afternoon person, never mind a morning person.

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2019 2:23 AM

I have tried to force myself to wake up at 5am to test the claims of supposedly having more clarity and enjoying the quiet “me” time and as far as I’m concerned, it’s depressing and pointless waking up that early. All I can do is countdown the remaining time until I have to go to work which is depressing. I’d rather not face a workday until I absolutely have to and that means not waking up until I absolutely have to. Even on the weekend when I don’t have to work, there is nothing to do that early. I don’t care about the sunrise and only Walmart and a few fast food restaurants are open that early. And don’t suggest going to the gym because I’ve tried that early in the morning and that was miserable too.

Some people are simply not morning people. In fact, I’m a night owl. What’s really strange is that my energy seems to increase and I have more clarity after 10pm.

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2019 2:46 AM

R67, you just explained perfectly why I see no point to waking up that early. Going to work is something I dread, so the longer I am asleep before it, the less I have to think about it. Then, I get up and go and all day long I look forward to being home again where my life belongs to me. I live alone and on weekends, there isn't much to do but maybe clean and, if I'm lucky, have dinner with a friend. So no point to waking up early on the weekend either. In fact, just writing that makes me realize my life is pretty empty. Maybe I need a cat.

by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote]What do think about this guy Jeff Sanders

He looks insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2019 3:00 AM

I tried it and I was ready for a nap by 3 pm.

by Anonymousreply 70December 14, 2019 3:04 AM

I like to wake up around 5 am and turn on Morning Joe to see what the morning news is, but then I fall back to sleep for a couple more hours.

by Anonymousreply 71December 14, 2019 3:20 AM

Okay, if you get up at 5 a.m., does that mean cocktail hour starts around 10 or a 11 am? Too bright, I think. Could be scary.

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2019 3:24 AM

If I had to be up that early, I would probably react the way Vera Charles did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2019 3:30 AM

I only get up that early if I have to catch a flight.

by Anonymousreply 74December 14, 2019 3:33 AM

I'm going to watch Bell, Book & Candle as I drift off to sleep tonight, which I'm about to do. That's my "go to sleep" movie that I watch during the holidays when I'm ready to go to sleep. I rotate the movies/shows as the seasons change. Or maybe I'll watch "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" tonight. That's a very relaxing movie, too.

by Anonymousreply 75December 14, 2019 3:40 AM

R75 Don’t forget your set your alarm for 5am!

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote]I'm going to watch Bell, Book & Candle as I drift off to sleep

Good plan. Jimmy Stewart puts me to sleep instantly.

by Anonymousreply 77December 14, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote] He looks insufferable.

I had to listen to his podcast to get to that conclusion. He sounds overcaffeinated, too.

by Anonymousreply 78December 14, 2019 3:53 PM

Yes, I am getting up at 5 am because of the general strike and it has changed me into grumpy, jumpy, tired and with a general lack of patience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 14, 2019 5:54 PM

Love it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 14, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote]My wife Tessa and I live in Nashville, Tennessee with our daughter, Maisie, and pug, Benny.

That queen is married?

by Anonymousreply 81December 14, 2019 6:30 PM

Bullshit. I've been waking up at 5am for the last 6 months due to work and at 5pm i'm crashing so hard that I have to take a 2 hour nap.

by Anonymousreply 82December 14, 2019 6:39 PM

[quote]That queen is married?

Gayface for days.

by Anonymousreply 83December 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Don't people usually start getting up earlier, going to sleep earlier as they get older and their lives change?

Friends of mine who have kids are now much more on the kids schedules, which means going to sleep by 9 or 10 and waking up at 5:30 or 6

by Anonymousreply 84December 14, 2019 6:56 PM

I much prefer 5 pm.

by Anonymousreply 85December 14, 2019 6:58 PM

I've been waking up at 3.30 am most mornings the past 6 months. This has been because of my health regime. I had let myself go a bit the past 18 months, and because I live in a sporty (but safe at night) area and was too embarrassed to jog during the day or visit a gym during regular hours, so I would jog a mile at night and visit the deserted gym for stealth visits for a couple of hours in the very early AM. It's slow going, and I really regret letting myself have to get to this point, but am now feeling better about facing people in those situations. It IS really great having that time to myself in the morning, it's so energizing.

by Anonymousreply 86December 14, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote] This has been because of my health regime.

As opposed to your health regimen?

by Anonymousreply 87December 14, 2019 7:01 PM

If Jeff Sanders were lying in my bed, I would gladly awake each morning at 5:00 AM.

by Anonymousreply 88December 14, 2019 7:02 PM

B. A. from Truman State? Well, why didn't you say that in the beginning? Color me IMPRESSED!

And I put a little of this snake oil on my temples each night you say?

by Anonymousreply 89December 14, 2019 7:04 PM

He's in that "productivity" branch of the self improvement industry.

by Anonymousreply 90December 14, 2019 10:16 PM

This clown's earth-shaking "secret" is at least as old as Benjamin Franklin.

You know: "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

by Anonymousreply 91December 14, 2019 11:47 PM

No matter what time you wake up, you should get as drunk as you can, as fast as you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 15, 2019 6:50 PM

Getting up at 5am tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, I'll let you know OP.

by Anonymousreply 93December 16, 2019 5:29 PM

I get up around 5 am weekdays to go to this job I have now. I have no choice but I don’t really mind . Of course I would gladly stay in the warmth of my bed instead.

Did it change my life? Yeah, I now have to wake up earlier.

by Anonymousreply 94December 16, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]I've been waking up at 3.30 am most mornings the past 6 months.

3:30 am??! WTF time do you go to bed? 8pm?

by Anonymousreply 95December 17, 2019 3:16 AM

I'm going to bed now. I will put on Bell, Book & Candle and probably drift off to sleep by the time Jimmy Stewart and Janice Rule make it to the Zodiac Club.

by Anonymousreply 96December 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Yeah right. I get yo at 5:30 am 5 days a week and that’s enough. Sleeping in when you can is the secret to happiness.

by Anonymousreply 97December 17, 2019 3:37 AM

For all of you getting up at 5 a.m. just so you can commute to your 6 a.m. job, Jeff Sanders and his ilk might advise you to get up at 3 a.m. so you'll have time to meditate, drink a green smoothie, go for a run, and brainstorm ideas for that million-dollar business you want to start up.

by Anonymousreply 98December 17, 2019 3:37 PM

His target audience seems to be self employed (and wannabe) types, not people who have to clock in somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 99December 17, 2019 7:02 PM

My ex was a goddamn 5 am-er and would be dead asleep by 9 pm. Morally uppity, judgmental, uptight.

You're born a morning or night person. Evolutionarily, we're meant to be different. The early birds keep the morning watch and the night owls keep guard in the late hours.

by Anonymousreply 100December 17, 2019 7:09 PM

Same here R100 - but fortunately he is not a judgy person. But there are days where I feel like we are ships passing in the....daylight. I get up at 11 and go to bed around 1-2. He is up at 5 and in bed by 8. Works fine.

by Anonymousreply 101December 17, 2019 7:13 PM

That's true of all these people. I swear their biggest clients are other life coaches who are further down on the chain.

by Anonymousreply 102December 17, 2019 7:43 PM

Has anyone else listened to his podcast?

At least listen to the intro! It's hilarious.

Report back.

by Anonymousreply 103December 17, 2019 11:04 PM

R55 - another middle-aged, overweight night owl here. There were a couple of times in my career where I took off a few months between jobs and both times I lost weight without trying. Both times, eventually I fell into my night owl habits, which weren’t a problem in my twenties like they are now. Both times I stopped using an alarm clock and always slept 7.5 hours. Unfortunately now that I’m back to the 8-6 work life, on the weekends I still wake up early, without an alarm, sometimes after staying up to 2am indulging my restless brain.

by Anonymousreply 104December 17, 2019 11:27 PM

Exactly my experience R104 . Not fighting my body clock to keep up with the corporate hellscape resulted in lost weight, elimination of GI issues, end of depression, rebound in energy. Amazing. The early risers are lucky - they fit in with corporate culture. But I’ve accepted now I’m different.

by Anonymousreply 105December 17, 2019 11:40 PM

I used to have to wake up at 3:30, sometimes I would just stay up all night because I felt worse if I went to bed for a short time and then had to wake up. It was for 6 months, since it was for a finite amount of time I did it but if I had to live that way I would be suicidal. Unless I was getting paid millions like the morning show people to get up that early.

by Anonymousreply 106December 19, 2019 8:05 AM

I used to get up a 0442. My life was changed. *Next*

by Anonymousreply 107December 19, 2019 8:34 AM

I used to get up at 5:00, make a small, beautifully formed bm, have some tea, pick my nose, and then get back into my Barcalounger with my sweet little cat Miss Sissyboodles

by Anonymousreply 108December 19, 2019 12:54 PM

The only thing forcing myself to wake up at 5am will do is make me more of a bitch than I already am.

by Anonymousreply 109December 19, 2019 6:37 PM

How is Jeff Sanders faring during the COVID-19 panic? Does he have enough toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2020 4:40 PM

oh goody, more hours to be a tiresome huckster.

by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2020 5:15 PM

He looks like he's on drugs, which wouldn't be surprising considering 99% of these "life coaches" and "motivational speakers" can't go a day without at least blow.

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2020 5:23 PM

He looks like he's on drugs, which wouldn't be surprising considering 99% of these "life coaches" and "motivational speakers" can't go a day without at least blow.

by Anonymousreply 113March 19, 2020 5:23 PM

Here's the intro to his podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2020 12:21 AM

Da ba dee da ba daa, Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2020 12:23 AM

Are we smelling snickerdoodles or scotcheroos?

by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2020 1:11 AM

I got up at 4:30 AM for the majority of 25 years, the only way it changed my life was making me go to bed at 9 PM unless it was what caused my brain tumor. Retired now and I say up until midnight and get up between 8-9 AM no alarm and I much prefer that.

by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2020 2:42 AM

That's my safer at home/WFH pandemic sleep schedule. During this period, you really can have it all. Go to be later, wake up at 7:30/8am, and still have time for your "magical morning" of quiet reflection, journaling, and getting stamped on weed/coffee while listening to a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2020 3:11 AM

^ What does "stamped on weed/coffee" mean?

by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2020 1:19 AM

r118 probably meant "stoned" and he sure types like it.

by Anonymousreply 120June 16, 2020 1:58 AM

WTF? There's nothing to do at 5 am. No reason to get up then.

by Anonymousreply 121June 16, 2020 2:01 AM

It'll change your life ... for the worse.

by Anonymousreply 122June 16, 2020 2:06 AM

He probably sleeps till noon.

Let’s be real. Everything on that cesspool of an app is FAKE!

by Anonymousreply 123June 16, 2020 2:25 AM

I live on the east coast and always say that my internal clock is “on pacific time” because my natural inclination would be to do everything three hours later (eg a noon-8pm work day would be infinitely better than 9-5).

by Anonymousreply 124June 16, 2020 2:27 AM

Sometimes I randomly wake up at 5 but then I'll rub one out then go back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 125June 16, 2020 2:49 AM

I bet he thinks Yahoo mail is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 126June 16, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote]Let’s be real. Everything on that cesspool of an app is FAKE!

What app are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2020 6:07 PM

If you have the discipline to meditate and reflect, 5 AM is e perfect time usually

by Anonymousreply 128July 5, 2020 9:04 PM

Never! I have to force myself out of bed at 7am before/9am now. Very bad mood until after a huge cup of coffee/lunchtime. At least I don't have to fake happy/nice now.

by Anonymousreply 129July 5, 2020 9:18 PM

I'm up generally at 4:30 (and I've been retired for 13 years). Early morning is my favorite time of day. I love watching the sun come up. But it hasn't changed my life, because I've been doing it for the last 45 years.

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2020 9:20 PM

Getting up at 5AM will ensure that I return to bed by 8AM.

by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2020 9:27 PM

If these productivity gurus were actually productive they wouldn't be productivity gurus.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2020 10:15 PM

Anny Wintour gets up at 5 a.m. to eat a hard-boiled egg and play tennis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 17, 2020 4:48 AM

If you had a partner, wouldn’t your schedules have to be in synch?

Anyone walking around my bedroom at 5:00 a.m. would immediately get a bedside lamp to the head.

by Anonymousreply 134August 17, 2020 4:59 AM

Early Bird Gets The Worm!

Except, worms are gross, I hate worms, knock yourself out grandma!

by Anonymousreply 135August 17, 2020 5:15 AM

I go to bead around 4am, get up about 11am so 7 hours usually. I work at home so I set my own hours. The thing is, I am amazingly productive between midnight and 4am. No distractions, no phone calls, no excuses to run errands etc. Plus my neighborhood is nice and quite without sirens screeching down the main blvd. The thing is everyone seems to feel obligated to chastise me for those hours even though I actually get more done and less sleep than most of them who crap out by 8pm like senior citizens.

by Anonymousreply 136August 17, 2020 5:22 AM

Men with big jawlines think they're God's Gift to America.

by Anonymousreply 137August 17, 2020 5:24 AM

Oh, Christ. Leave me the fuck alone all you gurus, coaches, and EXPERTS!

They are sound like bots and tell you to triple your prices whatever you're selling because fools will pay it ad you'll only need a few of them!

by Anonymousreply 138August 17, 2020 6:36 AM

Another annoying distinctly American trait, assigning “virtue” to those who are early risers and go to bed early.

It’s bullshit, and now with WFH the norm, is almost completely irrelevant. Whatever hours you are the most productive and works best with your internal clock is what you should be doing.

Everything in the states (restaurants included) closes too early is the only problem. We need to have a more European attitude about keeping late hours in this country.

by Anonymousreply 139August 17, 2020 6:44 AM

I'm puzzled by so many "productivity coaches", I actually have a friend who dabbles in this, it is a true passion for him. Frankly, everything I feel like I need to get done in a day I get done, and it's not all that much. My life is not a fucking contest and an overscheduled week, or life is my idea of hell!

I generally get out of bed whenever I feel like getting up. I've never had a 9-5 existance, it sounds awful!

by Anonymousreply 140August 17, 2020 7:00 AM

R75 The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane? Really??

by Anonymousreply 141August 17, 2020 7:31 AM

I get up at 5 AM. I feel better at 5 than at 7 AM.

by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2020 7:46 AM

I'm just going to bed at 5am

by Anonymousreply 143August 17, 2020 10:38 AM

I am naturally a night owl, but for two years, two years ago, I had to get up at 4.30 am. I noticed that I was a LOT more productive in those years than I am now. In fact there were days that I had most of my work done by 10 and the rest of the day was spent wondering what to do. It was actually relaxing and I even got to watch a lot more T.V in those days. Weirdly enough I never needed an afternoon nap - which I can’t do without when I stay up late at night. I usually went to bed around 10.30-11.

These days it’s back to staying awake till 2am, working from 9 to 3, and then nap - and I feel tired all the time except late at night, which makes it difficult to fall asleep. I think I am going to go back to early waking.

by Anonymousreply 144August 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Some people are natural night owls. When I used to work for other people, I always opted for the night shift because it was always quiet, less bullshit, less people, no traffic and no time wasted in uneventful company meetings. Best of all I could sleep in till noon if I wanted, never needed a disruptive alarm clock.

by Anonymousreply 145August 17, 2020 12:23 PM

It is a rip off of the Navy Seal who preaches 4 am. You get up at 4 am bed by 11. The Casey guy - the you tuber who has a hot bod but fug face does it - swears by it.

by Anonymousreply 146August 17, 2020 12:46 PM

Old middle class women have done all of this. I used to house sit for friends in a better suburb of Chicago and every old woman was out doing yard work in full makeup with bad tracksuits at 5:30am.

by Anonymousreply 147August 17, 2020 1:08 PM

My dad used to get up at 5:00am too. He owned a restaurant in Manhattan and had to commute from Queens and have the store ready for customers by 7:00am. It's not fun waking up at 5:00 unless you get to sleep extra early.

by Anonymousreply 148August 17, 2020 1:11 PM

[quote] What do think about this guy Jeff Sanders

He's smelling an entire bakery of cookies.

by Anonymousreply 149August 17, 2020 1:13 PM

It's bedtime, girls!

by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2020 1:35 AM

It depends on in whose bed you wake up in at 5am.

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2020 2:04 AM

5 a.m.? Pfft- You know what I discovered is a REALLY great time to wake up and be super-productive? Anytime you wake up and take 10 mg of Adderall to start your day! I fucking GUARANTEE you will get everything on your "To do" list done!

by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2020 4:02 AM

Jeff Sanders at r152.

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2020 7:34 PM

So that's why my cat keeps insisting on my getting up at 5 AM. It's NOT about being fed. It's about making sure that I'm being my best self.

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2020 8:02 PM

Literally 99% of us need to get 7-8 hours of sleep. And, no, you can't adjust if you sleep less. So almost everyone getting up at 5am will have to go to bed at 9pm.

by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2020 8:25 PM

Life Coaches [italic] have [/italic] to have [italic] something [/italic] novel to tell you. It goes for most salesmen. They can’t just say [italic] “Well, everything you’re already doing seems just fine. Keep at it! That’ll be $500, btw.” [/italic] So, [italic] “Get up at 5 am and make your damn bed.“ [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2020 8:40 PM

It's a new year, bitches!

Resolve to experience the 5 am Miracle!

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2021 1:51 AM

Will Jeff be there at 5:00 to light my first cigarette of the day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] Waking up at 5 am gets annoying eventually.

Not if you get things started with an 8-ball!

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2021 3:26 AM

I can't even sleep until 3-4 am...

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2021 3:39 AM

He looks very much like a bossy bottom

by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2021 3:40 AM

I don't need them. If I haven't figured out how to manage my time by now, I never will.

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2021 3:55 AM

I am not a morning person. I can stay up all night and sleep all day. I would make a great vampire. But I will say that for a brief time, when I was on this health kick, I was getting up at 5:00 am to get to the gym by 6 and it is amazing how much you get done when you get up early and start your day while it's still dark out. I applaud you morning people.

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Is he Mormon and/or smelling cookies?

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2021 4:22 AM

Jeff has the most slappable face I’ve encountered in a while.

by Anonymousreply 165January 9, 2021 5:15 AM

Life Coaching is nothing but Multi-Level Marketing. There are endless coaches who only coach coaches, and they ALL speak the exact same "Coach-bot" gibberish...and people love it.

Most people are very conventional and just want you to tell them how they're supposed to live and tell them the right way to be happy. It's so strange to see people line up and pay thousands for these "secrets"!

They all are into yoga, reiki, organic produce and essential oils, of course...Oh, and they love "Dr." Joe Dispenza!

by Anonymousreply 166January 9, 2021 6:23 AM

[quote]I can't even sleep until 3-4 am...

You and I need to get married - I’m the same way.

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2021 6:41 AM

Okay, I tried rising at 5a.m. for a week straight and never felt so damn tired in my life. I ended up sleeping from about 2-4 every day.

by Anonymousreply 168January 13, 2021 6:08 PM

I usually go to bed about 5am- am I going to die?

by Anonymousreply 169January 13, 2021 6:11 PM

I always wished I were a morning person.

Instead I get most of my energy in the late afternoon and keep going until late.

I don't think it's easy to switch that cycle because I've tried for a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 170January 13, 2021 6:18 PM

The Richard Hudnut DuBarry Success School recommends this after getting up at 5 a.m.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 13, 2021 6:32 PM

I usually am up by 4:30 at the latest, and I've been retired for 13+ years. I've always loved the early morning hours best of all. I love getting up and starting my day. Sleep is for the birds.

by Anonymousreply 172January 13, 2021 6:32 PM

Up until my mid thirties, 5 hours sleep overnight was rare. When I became a corporate slave, I woke up around five and got the emails rolling. Racquetball at 6/630 and in my office around 830. Lunch was usually about an hour and a half working out or shooting hoops. After work was drinks or links (only 9 holes and usually with drinks). I was an IT guy, so sometimes there was work later on that night (or I had lined up a trick to come by).

This was before everybody had the ability to put work email on their phone. That made it look like I was working around the clock sometimes, so I came and went as I pleased during normal hours. While I didn't sleep a lot at night, I would often catch a nap on my couch.

Then I made the mistake of getting promoted. The new job required a lot more face time and a lot less flexibility. That was about the time I started needing more sleep during the night.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 173January 13, 2021 7:38 PM

Check out sales/productivity guru Chuck Bauer, Dallas. HOO BOY.

by Anonymousreply 174January 13, 2021 8:33 PM

More like "Going down at 5am" will change your life.

by Anonymousreply 175January 14, 2021 2:50 AM

Post a pic of Chuck Bauer please.

by Anonymousreply 176January 24, 2021 4:27 AM

JESUS! How many dozens of cookies did Jeff smell?

by Anonymousreply 177January 24, 2021 4:29 AM

Recently from Jeff:

jeffsanderstv I don’t always sew curtains on Friday evenings, but when I do, I’m grateful for majoring in Theater and getting an A in my costuming class. 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 24, 2021 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!