Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary-Pete ticket

If Hillary should decide to enter the race, would she choose to have Pete as her running mate? Would this be seen as too progressive by Americans? Would she work with Robby Mook again and did he run a good campaign last election?

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 8:52 PM

She would certainly lose because the gays really seem to hate Pete.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 10:02 PM

Hillary is never going to win. If she enters the race, she is insane.

Yes, she should have won last time. No, she doesn't deserve the level of hatred she receives. But it's over.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 10:07 PM

If Santa were real, OP, would he deliver presents to Jews and Muslims and would 9/11 never have happened? Would ice cream sundaes be free if we had sparkle balloon cruises to the moon, for free?

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 10:09 PM

Second R2, Clinton is over. I would instantly give up caring about the election if she somehow swung being nominated. She's an incompetent politician, and I really don't give a shit if she's delightful in person. She sucks and Americans either hate her or tolerate her.

I'm starting to think Pete actually will be the nominee, likely to pick Harris for VP. Strongest ticket possible, imo.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 10:12 PM

Biden-Clinton

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 10:19 PM

Jimmy Kimmel - Oprah. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 10:21 PM

Well Clinton did in fact win the popular vote and to be fair if it was another republican candidate, she probably would be president but Trump is hard to beat. I mean, he knocked out 17 republican candidates. She may enter the race on Super Tuesday..when most of the democrat candidates are out. If she were to step in now, it would give the people that hate her too much time to hate on her. I don’t see her getting on with Pete.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 10:25 PM

[quote]I'm starting to think Pete actually will be the nominee, likely to pick Harris for VP. Strongest ticket possible, imo.

Pete will have a hard time selling his gay lifestyle to the general public. He needs to pick a straight up (pun intended) white male.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 10:25 PM

It’s a “no” on Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 10:27 PM

R8 = frau or straight

Seriously.. “gay lifestyle” ?!

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 10:27 PM

Pete-Conor Lamb for a hot and youngest ticket ever.

Obviously not gonna happen, but it's fun to imagine!

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 10:30 PM

Only on this cesspool of a forum would two centrist white people be considered "too progressive" for America.

I have to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 10:31 PM

Very funny, Donald. Hillary will not be running again.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]Pete-Conor Lamb for a hot and youngest ticket ever.

Chasten would be caught fellating Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2019 10:32 PM

Hillary and Booker is the ticket. It's the one she wanted last time, but Robby Mook and others talked her out of it. Pete is a NO. He'll always be a NO. He'll never be the presidential nominee for any party. And he won't be a VP candidate either. Lil dude is sketchy and a borderline sociopath. Hillary was already our president and without interference, would be THE president.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2019 10:33 PM

Booker is the ticket for closeted politicians who need to come out first.^

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2019 10:34 PM

Joe-Kam will probably be the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2019 10:35 PM

Booker? Why wold anyone vote for that drama queen? She'd be better of with RuPaul or Tyler Perry as her VP.

Hillary made the right choice in that white milquetoast guy. She can't have anyone as VP that would overshadow her. And let's face it, anyone running for POTUS needs a large personality to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2019 10:35 PM

[quote]Pete will have a hard time selling his gay lifestyle to the general public.

Pete ain't gay. It's his gay LIFESTYLE that he IS selling to the public. Dude is otherwise in the closet even to himself.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2019 10:35 PM

R15: I voted for Hillary (despite not being a fan) and this is an important point people seem to gloss over. Hillary won the popular vote and would have likely won outright without interference. Really makes you roll your eyes at the notion that Hillary is such a bad candidate.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2019 10:36 PM

If Pete would make Hillary lose, I wonder who would be suitable for her. It can’t be Kampala that’s too much vag..just look what happened to the Today Show after Matt was fired and it became the vag show. Perhaps Biden as VP again? Is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2019 10:49 PM

R15 Clinton is also a sketchy sociopath and... lost. She did a shitty job campaigning and drove away her own base.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2019 11:01 PM

R22 yeah 2 sociopaths cannot succeed

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2019 11:04 PM

R23 Not with HRC's dead weight dragging them down. To know her is to be put off by her.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 11:10 PM

[bold] The One Where Cecil B. Hillbotham & Friends Trot Out Increasingly Unlikely Scenarios For The Restoration Of Her Monarchy [/bold]

PS: [quote] Well Clinton did in fact win the popular vote and to be fair if it was another republican candidate, she probably would be president

Actually quite the reverse. The only reason she won the popular vote was that she was up against Trump. The fact that she ONLY beat him by 3 million votes is a major embarrassment, not a point of pride.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 11:15 PM

R25 I’m absolutely not interested in restoring her monarchy! She never had one anyway unless you call her 2 year democrat coronation a monarchy. I am however very interested in how she’s going to play this because she obviously wants to run again..as was evident in her Howard Stern interview. She’s trying to drum up support for her candidacy right now and it’s interesting to see whether or not she’ll succeed.

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote]She’s trying to drum up support for her candidacy right now and it’s interesting to see whether or not she’ll succeed.

I think everyone knows she's damaged goods. A two time loser? It smells of desperation for the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2019 1:16 AM

hi Boris!

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2019 2:07 AM

[quote] Pete ain't gay. It's his gay LIFESTYLE that he IS selling to the public. Dude is otherwise in the closet even to himself.

Amen! I would NEVER vote for anyone who delightedly proclaims their love of Chick-Fil-A. It tells me everything I need to know about their true convictions or, rather, the lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2019 2:36 AM

Hillary Clinton & Sherrod Brown 2020. Could have won last time.

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2019 2:46 AM

A Hillary-Pete ticket would be every Republicans dream come true.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2019 3:07 AM

I can’t with this fantasy. The ONLY political sideswipe she could manage if she jumps in and is rewarded the nomination is to beg Bernie to be her VP OR to embrace BOTH Bernie and Liz publicly and admit that the Dem Party needs not only a makeover but TRUE unification.

She has the power to do that the way both Bernie and Liz backed her in’16. I’d love her forever for it and she could really turn things around.

She won’t.

by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2019 3:17 AM

R22 Most politicians -and business leaders are sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2019 3:38 AM

R13 why did you blow it? I was enjoying r1 - r12. They were so clueless.

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 6:14 PM

There is NOTHING progressive about Pete.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2019 6:32 PM

She got 3 million more votes than Trump, never forget that. 65.8 million Americans voted for her. The problem was over-confidence in her victory that led 48k voters in WI, MI, and PA not to vote. The national polls were right.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2019 6:44 PM

To consider either Clinton or Buttigieg as progressive just shows you how far right this country is.

by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote] She ONLY got 3 million more votes than Trump

Fixed it for you Cecil B. at R36

That is an EMBARRASSING number. Trump was a reality TV show host with zero experience who ran a ridiculous half-assed campaign that even he himself expected to lose.

The fact that she could only muster 3 million more people to vote for her (out of around 129 million votes cast) is not something to brag about.

SMH

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2019 7:20 PM

NICE TRY, BORIS

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2019 7:51 PM

R34: Enlighten us, please. I'm sure you're oh so brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2019 8:01 PM

Excellent ticket, OP. The Hillary haters who are posting on here are trolls.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2019 8:05 PM

You're so right, R37. These are definitely the positions of a right-wing conservative.

Buttigieg describes himself as a progressive and a supporter of democratic capitalism. He favors universal healthcare with eventual retention of private insurance; dialogue and cooperation between the Democratic Party and organized labor; universal background checks for firearms purchases; and environmentalist policies to combat pollution and climate change, which Buttigieg views as a national security threat. He supports subsidizing solar panels and the Paris Agreement; after President Trump withdrew the United States from the Paris Agreement, Buttigieg was one of many U.S. mayors to sign the Mayors National Climate Action Agenda, pledging that his city would continue to adhere to the agreement. Buttigieg is a supporter of the Equality Act, a bill extending federal non-discrimination protection to LGBT people. He opposes the Trump Administration's ban on transgender personnel in the military. Buttigieg favors the DACA program and federal legislation that would create a pathway to citizenship for youths who had been brought into the country illegally as children. He supports abortion rights. Buttigieg identifies regulatory capture as a significant problem in American society.[

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2019 8:16 PM

I know R41. How could anyone not love our glorious Queen. She walks in beauty and light and her presence fills all with a sense of joy and hopefulness. She is a divine presence, the most qualified person in history to ever think about running for office. She feeds the hungry, heals the sick, comforts the heartbroken and loves her gays.

I count the days till her glorious kingdom is restored, ringing in a century of peace and prosperity and happiness for all!!!!

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 8:16 PM

Pete would be a liability. He suppresses the progressives, the black voters and the homophobic blue collars . Thats most of the base.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 8:40 PM

Starting to think that Pete, much like Tulsi, is nothing more than a Russian plant dedicated to another Drumpf term. Not sure what drugs some of you are on, but Pete isn’t progressive. If he weren’t “gay” he would be a Republican.

Intelligent gays don’t vote for someone just because they’re gay. Hell, otherwise we’d vote for RuPaul!

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!