Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Just Blew Off a Job Interview, and Now I Feel Like Crying

I’ve been underemployed for almost a year. Was contacted by a recruiter on Monday about a job that pays well, and that I’m qualified for, but it’s not really my area of expertise and I know I’d hate it.

Especially after I researched the company and it’s employees: a bunch of dude bros I’d have nothing in common with. And the owner of the company is some rich douche who had an article written about him and his collection of 16 white sports cars, including Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

I need a job. But I just couldn’t work for someone like that.

But now I’m hating myself for sabotaging it.

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

Was it Jay Leno?

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 7:46 PM

Sounds like the dream workplace for our more wannabe "bro" Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 7:49 PM

sounds like you are just being blowjb

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 7:50 PM

An awful job is a daily nightmare. I suggest you keep looking. Don’t cry. You were right.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 7:55 PM

".. after I researched the company and it’s employees ... "

Clearly, you're unqualified to type English. The company dodged a bullet by not hiring you, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 7:58 PM

I do know the difference, R5. I just didn’t care enough to change the autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 8:00 PM

Autocorrect doesn't make that mistake, unemployable OP. It doesn't insert wrong punctuation.

YOU made that mistake. Own it and you might someday get a good job if you improve your lousy skill set.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 8:03 PM

Why cry over this? You've now helped to get the job filled by someone who might actually want and need the job.

You weren't doing anybody any favors, yourself included, by trying to get a job where you know you have no interest.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 8:04 PM

Honestly it doesn't sound like a good fit and you're probably better off. There will be other opportunities, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 8:05 PM

I took.a job for the wrong reasons and stuck through 6 miserable months, regretting everyday my poor decision. Be glad you didn't go for it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Quit being such a grammar bitch R7. People make those mistakes mainly because their fingers are moving faster than their brains when they're typing and they type words like It's, their, your, etc the way they more often than not type them in normal written conversation. It's simply a result of habit.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 8:11 PM

Which is why R11 will never get a raise.

"Let me continue to fuck up and feel superior about fucking up and being a lazy fuck, because I'm entitled." - R11, a cunt-bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 8:12 PM

R11, you took the words right outta my mouth. Thank you

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 8:13 PM

I researched the company and it’s employees

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2019 8:14 PM

Don’t feel bad OP. After weighing the money against having to look at someone you hate for the next year to five years, you undoubtedly made the right choice. Something else will come up.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2019 8:14 PM

R13 = works at an Arby's with pictograms on the cash register.

Fix your phone, dumbass OP/R14, you useless slag.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2019 8:15 PM

Cry?? If anything, you should feel PROUD about valuing your wellbeing over a job, especially when you’ve been looking for a while.

Most people would succumb to the pressure by taking a shitty job, any shitty job. Not you, OP - you stood up for yourself.

Well done, you.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2019 8:18 PM

OP has serious anger issues and can't take criticism over a mere apostrophe misuse.

He reads like an HR nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2019 8:19 PM

Can we see pictures of the dude bros?

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2019 8:20 PM

[quote] I just didn’t care enough to change the autocorrect.

Dude bros dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2019 8:22 PM

Here’s the article on the douchebag owner’s white sportscar collection. He must have a micropenis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2019 8:22 PM

OMG! OP lives in Florida?

You poor thing. You're lucky you can type anything.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2019 8:25 PM

Pass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2019 8:26 PM

^Damn, is this all we have to look forward to as working stiffs?

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote]An awful job is a daily nightmare.

A nightmare is not having enough money to make ends meet. I'll take an awful job over that every time.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 8:37 PM

Cry. I would. That was a bad decision. Don't do that again. Lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 8:42 PM

OP, I did that once and, like you, felt miserable after. But better opportunities came along and it all worked out. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 8:43 PM

R25 thankfully I don’t have that worry. My husband makes a good salary, and I make what would normally be a nice side income. So we’re definitely not struggling, but having a full time position and maximizing my income would be preferable.

I’ve worked at places in the past where I was the only gay and surrounded by straight dudes. It was miserable. My gut feeling was this would have been the same. My tip-off was when the recruiter told me they “have a great fantasy football league” and “everyone goes to happy hour at least once a week.”

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 8:43 PM

" It was miserable." Is any part of Florida not? Poor sad semi-illiterate OP, surrounded by douchebros.

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 8:50 PM

See if you can arrange another interview.

DO NOT make a judgment about the job or workplace until you have a chance to make a personal assessment in an interview and with your HR director of your potential boss. DO NOT make a decision from outside the company without checking it out first. Besides, you say that you are underemployed. If you were to be offered the job, anyone of us--including you--can do a new job for a couple of years. Then just think of the money you will be able to save and the experience you will gain. You may like it, but if not, then you'll look for another job in a couple of years with a whole lot more knowledge and experience under your belt and more money in your back account.

Go back and grovel, make up some believable and request another interview.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote]I’ve worked at places in the past where I was the only gay and surrounded by straight dudes. It was miserable.

You’re stupid. I love workplaces like this because I get to be the token gay and the straight guys are always nice to me. Better than a bunch of fraus rambling on about potlucks and how great their kids are.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 9:02 PM

*Go back and grovel, make up some believable EXCUSE and request another interview.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2019 9:02 PM

Move out of Florida, you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 9:04 PM

Stop being so black and white OP. You could have taken the job (if they offered it too you) banked the money while you look for a better one. And like someone said up thread, you should never prejudge. I cant tell you how many interviews I have been on where I though they would be a great place to work and once I got there and went through the interview I could tell it was a shitty job. And conversely I have gone to interviews thinking its probably not a good fit then totally surprised and wanted to work there.

And don't listen to headhunters, they are on par with bad used car salesman and Realtors. Telling you they “have a great fantasy football league” and “everyone goes to happy hour at least once a week.” was probably the headhunters idea of a dream job. Sounds like a part time Frau to me.

Plus being the only gay in a straight dude bro always worked in my favor. It's not 1970 anymore. Most straight guys see gay guys as the cool one they want to hang around. Although they will make verbal faux pas in their clumsy way of trying to say they are ok with the gay. It's fun just being one of the guys and openly gay at the same time. Plus just being gay sort of gives you a license to be different without being suspect. So if you don't like football, they wont hold that against you. "im gay, not into that, duh" problem solved.

Bottom line, never EVER skip an interview.

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 9:16 PM

I blew off an interview and went to see Mary Shelley's Frankenstein instead (it had just come out in theaters.) I then hired in at the same place a couple of years later and was absolutely miserable. Sometimes it's best to go with your instincts.

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 9:28 PM

My gut instinct all week has been that I would hate the actual work, and the coworkers. If I was financially hurting I may have been less picky, but at my age (49), I want to land somewhere I can finish my career.

It was just a phone interview, and I cancelled 30 mins before. I would never be so rude as to not show up to an in-person meeting.

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 9:32 PM

Call back and arrange an interview. Let THEM turn you down...

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 9:36 PM

Yes, let thu company make it's choice. Its the rite thign2doo.

And spellings' it's best for who kares when boss gotta lotta carz!?

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 9:49 PM

Wow there's a lot of ignorance on this thread. Being the only gay guy at the workplace is NOT always fun, there are often people who will sneer at you and treat you like shit for it. On the other hand, they may not care and be genuinely nice. I agree that OP should have given the job a try and not prejudge, but I don't agree with the people dismissing his fears as ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 9:59 PM

I just turned down a job offer for a position that would have paid twice my current salary because I knew I would have been miserable. I have a pension, so I have a bit of a cushion. My current job isn’t perfect but I like my coworkers and have a good work-life balance for the first time in 30 years. Trust your gut, OP. Life is too short and money isn’t everything.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 10:05 PM

Besides, you live in Florida, so it's not like anything better's going to come along.

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2019 10:18 PM

R12/R16 is still slaving away day after day at a job he hates, hoping and praying for a 3% raise every year, and he's still living paycheck to paycheck, while some of us retired early many years ago, probably when he was still in high school considering how ignorant and childish his comments are, and looking for a raise is the last thing we have to worry about.

Bitch, I hired the people who hire mooks like you. So don't get above your station Toots.

by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2019 10:30 PM

You might fit in at Kenny Rogers Roasters as a fallback.

After all, Jerry only knew you through Moochie.

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2019 10:31 PM

R12/R16, bitch I retired early years ago, probably when you were will worrying about getting your homework done. And for the record, I hired the people who hire smart mouthed mooks like you, so don't get above your station Toots.

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2019 10:34 PM

Damn, it's taking several minutes for my posts to appear making it look like they didn't take. DL is having a wobbly tonight.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Always trust your gut.

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2019 10:42 PM

OP cancelled a phone interview 30 minutes before it’s supposed to start and everyone thinks this is ok??!!

The right thing to do would be to do the interview then politely let them know you don’t think it’s a good fit. Recruiters talk to each other and you never know if you might see them again.

I once interviewed for a job, I didn’t get it but the recruiter liked me and referred me to a friend who works at another company. I’m still there and love my job.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2019 11:03 PM

think of the work husbands, OP, THINK OF THE WORK HUSBANDS!

by Anonymousreply 48December 12, 2019 11:17 PM

R48 I used to love my straight work husbands!

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2019 11:28 PM

r49 indeed, a former marine pointing out that he was my work husband is how I first heard the term.

fantasy football, sure. weekly happy hours? score! OP, go get that paper.

by Anonymousreply 50December 13, 2019 12:11 AM

You could never be an architect. They find most of their clients disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 51December 13, 2019 1:54 AM

R12 R42 R44 is that senile coot down the hall who sends emails three times, then barges into your office with , "Didja get my email?"

by Anonymousreply 52December 13, 2019 2:04 AM

No dear, you'd hardly get that job. You wouldn't fit, they'd know.

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2019 2:10 AM

English is so stupid. I can't tell which one is the more unintelligent the illogical fucks who can created it or the didactic retards who place it's rules above everything else.

You know what people mean and yet you want to point out the side stuff that doesn't matter. Go ahead and correct my run on sentences I purposely left them in there so you would have something to do with your time on Earth because Lord knows it isn't wrapped up in being a nice person.

R5

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2019 2:15 AM

R7, as the DataLounge arbitrator of such things, I believe we must forgive the sad sack OP for his punctuation mistake. My iPad makes this error. I just tested it again now to verify. It does get tedious fixing such things, not that OP has other things to do, like work, but still.

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2019 2:29 AM

Did you decline the interview or did you schedule the interview and not show up? Deciding they are “dude bros” or whatever is irrelevant.

If you scheduled and didn’t show, that is not who you want to be. Don’t be that guy. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to, but you we need to say, “no.”

Just say “no” next time. The earlier in the process, the better. But even a last minute cancellation is better than being a no-show.

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2019 2:30 AM

Oops. I don’t know how I missed the previous posts. I’m on my phone and my eyesight isn’t perfect, but I suspect impatience to shoot off my big mouth was the culprit.

With 30 minutes on the clock, sucking it up and doing interview would have been preferable in Renee did your future opportunities, but anything short of no show is defensible.

You can cancel anytime. No offer, co obligation.

by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2019 2:38 AM

[quote] I’ve worked at places in the past where I was the only gay and surrounded by straight dudes. It was miserable. My gut feeling was this would have been the same. My tip-off was when the recruiter told me they “have a great fantasy football league” and “everyone goes to happy hour at least once a week.”

This is simply what a lot of work places are like. You have to look to your personal life to fulfill some things. Your job shouldn't be miserable, but I would think of it as, mainly, a paycheck and a place to get experience.

by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2019 2:39 AM

You're a major spaz Op

by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2019 2:41 AM

R5 I know right?

Did anybody else learn this sentence in grade school to tell the difference?

[/Bold] It's a smart dog that scratches its fleas

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2019 2:42 AM

Get this typo-typing motherfucker!!

Nothing less than the electric chair will do!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2019 2:53 AM

I supported OP’s decision based on what he wrote. That said, I rarely turned down an interview. I’d rather go, and see if they changed my mind. I absolutely never got a job offer from a place that I wasn’t interested in, though. Maybe they could tell, I don’t know.

I recall immediately walking out of one place when I saw that the owner had some youngsters working at his kitchen table. I was accustomed to, and seeking, a very large company and I hadn’t researched it properly.

Another place, I declined a second interview. They had only a few employees and two were over 400 lbs. one was over 250 lbs. I imagined lunch with them would be unpleasant and was afraid I’d get fat.

Oh, at Amgen in Silicon Valley in the 1980s, I interviewed with about 10 people, and they were all Asian. I am already in the Gay minority and didn’t want to be in another minority. I realize some people have no choice about that, but I do, and that was my choice.

Bailey Controls was working it’s employees on a Saturday, my interview day. They also handed me a psych test of maybe 50 pages to complete and mail back. I threw that away. And it was Cleveland.

Morton-Thiokol outside Salt Lake City seemed ok if I didn’t mind being shunned by the Mormons. The non-Mormons told me to expect it if I didn’t convert. Plus, it was SLC. A few months later, the rocket fuel plant blew up. I could have been killed, as others there were.

But, I did go to the interviews.

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2019 3:00 AM

Seriously r58. At the end of the day your work is just your work, if we didn't need the money at all, who among us would show up to our jobs?

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2019 3:27 AM

I love you r31! 100% the truth.

by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2019 3:31 AM

OP, do you "Feel Like Crying" now?

by Anonymousreply 65December 13, 2019 3:42 AM

Imagine if there was a real Grammar Nazi camp full of people drilled on spelling and grammar and no soup if they made mistakes.

I imagine you unfun miserable grammar Nazis would abandon your dream job to go run these grammar nazi camps!

by Anonymousreply 66December 13, 2019 3:47 AM

You just keep on with your sloppy spelling and punctuation. You can keep sponging off your partner, as you stated.

"Grammar Nazi?" Well, at least you're one of those things.

by Anonymousreply 67December 13, 2019 4:00 AM

OP, you're a mess.

You are far too fussy, the real world is not all "he/him" and organic peaches.

Get a job and SAVE up for better options!

by Anonymousreply 68December 13, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote] R63: At the end of the day your work is just your work, if we didn't need the money at all, who among us would show up to our jobs?

People in true professional jobs probably would work, especially after they’ve worked for a while. Also people in non-profits. And teachers, especially at first, but not after decades. Probably not garbage men, though, and drones.

I think Carl Jung said something about a happy life being “to love and to work”. My Dad was taught that it was important to have “constancy of purpose”.

I think Americans work to many days per year, though. I used to be on call about every 6-weeks, and the boss gave us a comp day off for it, which was really super. Her successor took it away. She was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 69December 13, 2019 4:06 AM

You SHOULD feel like crying.

Since you are married, I guess it isn’t as big a deal, if your husband doesn’t mind you freeloading, but you fucked up.

Why do you need to like you coworkers. You go to work, make money, and go home. And this is an office setting: I doubt they are sitting around making frat jokes. And if they are? Great! Lawsuit!

In the end of the day, you are prejudiced and it bit you in the ass. Next time be more open minded.

And, if it was that closed minded, they would not hire you anyway.

Your attitude is why your would be boss has a collection of cars and you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 70December 13, 2019 4:48 AM

OP = invasive, entitled, obese fraupotomous who does not fucking belong on a gay website

by Anonymousreply 71December 13, 2019 6:46 AM

Op, here is my situation bc you’ve already gotten wonderful advise from your question.

I recently went to the final round of a job interview during one of the busiest times of the year for my current job. Granted I had to go through 5 other interviews at this place before I was invited for 3 more in the office. I want the job so that excessing review is alright. Given the amount of work I had to complete the night before for my current job, just to get my half day of PTO, I was exhausted by the time the interview rolled around. I had to stay till 9:30 working on client assignments.

I did my best, but during the 4 hours I was in the interviews my current job called my cell, which was off, with an emergency related to one of my projects. My team was furious when I get back to the office.

The new job said they will make a final decision on Wednesday. Great, because I’m sick of my current employer. But this past Wednesday rolls around and they call to say that they need another week. They are going to complete a couple more interviews.

So, I feel like I’ve dropped the ball with my current employer, since I messed up my project in my haste to get everything done. And the new employer basically made me a wait listed candidate. If they don’t find someone better, they might take me. My confidence is shot and I feel like a double failure.

Op, I don’t blame you for having reservations. I just wannt you to know that what’s worse then never trying, is trying and being told we want to speak with other people. Oh and I’m your haste to get the new job, you fucked up things at the d job.

I hope you find something and I hope the I interviewed for gives me an acceptance notice.

by Anonymousreply 72December 13, 2019 6:05 PM

R72 that sounds horrible, there's nothing worse than waiting for a yes or no (except in your case, which is waiting for a yes or no AND having your current job pissed at you).

I was actually in a similar situation last month. I interviewed for a job i REALLLLLLY wanted. First two interviews were great, and they said they'd make a decision soon. Well, then the hiring manager (with whom I interviewed and hit it off well) had a death in the family, so the decision was put on hold for a week until she returned. But I was told I was one of two finalists.

Long story short, I didn't get it. And I'm not sure if knowing I was THIS CLOSE to getting it, when I know they had hundreds of applicants, should make me feel better or not.

That's a large reason why I blew off this phone interview with the company yesterday. I had no interest in the company, its people, or what the job would entail. About the only nice thing I could say about it was the salary was in line with what I'm looking for. But I know I would have been miserable there.

Good luck R72, I hope you get it.

by Anonymousreply 73December 13, 2019 6:36 PM

" I had no interest in the company, its people..."

Hooray! A victory for punctuation! What a learning curve!

by Anonymousreply 74December 13, 2019 8:09 PM

I'd blow a job interviewer to get a job.

by Anonymousreply 75December 13, 2019 8:13 PM

Live and learn, dumbass OP.

by Anonymousreply 76December 13, 2019 10:52 PM

R76 learn what? Not to pursue a job I have no interest in?

It was guilt that I felt when I made the post yesterday. Today I heard from another job in actually interested in and have an interview set up for next week.

by Anonymousreply 77December 13, 2019 11:20 PM

Good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 78December 14, 2019 11:48 AM

OP - your overly emotional decisions will not yield the results you desire. You decided based on secondhand information that you wouldn't like the job or company without ever having met anyone. Do you also salt your food before tasting it?

Successful people don't just look at short-term results. They consider longer-term outcomes.

- You could have interviewed and gotten the offer, then decided the fit wasn't good.

- You could have used the offer as leverage to get a better deal from the job/company that you really wanted.

- You could have used the interview as practice for other future interviews.

- You may not have been a good fit with that specific job or company, but you have no idea who those people might or might not know. For all you know, the interviewer you blew off could be married to the interviewer for the job you love.

The list goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 79December 14, 2019 3:29 PM

R79 thanks for your concern, but I’m a big boy and can make my own decisions. I know when something doesn’t feel right, so please fuck right off for trying to scold me.

by Anonymousreply 80December 14, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote][R79] thanks for your concern, but I’m a big boy and can make my own decisions. I know when something doesn’t feel right, so please fuck right off for trying to scold me.

LOL - clearly not.

[quote]I Just Blew Off a Job Interview, and Now I Feel Like Crying

You are a small child who seeks instant and immediate gratification without considering the consequences of your actions and will live a miserable life and wonder why other people seem to have "charmed" lives without ever understanding that you bring your misery on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 81December 14, 2019 3:45 PM

LOL R81 sure, whatever you say

by Anonymousreply 82December 14, 2019 3:47 PM

You should always do the interview, even just to get more experience at interviewing.

by Anonymousreply 83December 14, 2019 3:47 PM

R83 I’m 49 years old, have plenty of experience interviewing, on both sides of the table.

Look, I felt guilty for canceling a phone interview 30 minutes prior, for a job at a company for which I had done my due diligence and decided it was not for me. Why waste everyone’s time? I know something better will come along, so I chose to decline that invitation and wait for a different opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 84December 14, 2019 3:52 PM

R7 My iPad mini with an IOS of 9.3 something or other indeed makes this very same correction at times. Sometimes I'm able to catch it in time, other times not. How familiar are you with Apple products? (Before you suggest, as many grammarians here do) Most of us do not wish to disable the feature, as it can be helpful. It has a habit of making certain letters capitalised, when they needn't be as well. I just had to change the 'G' in grammarians, for example.

Best wishes OP... have a drink or a glass of wine with a nice lunch, and abandon your regrets. It's not the best way possible out of an interview at the last minute, but it's not a moral weakness or serious human failure!

by Anonymousreply 85December 14, 2019 4:23 PM

You should have at least gone for the interview. It's not a waste of time, it's about both you and the potential employer getting a better understanding if you are a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 86December 14, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]I Just Blew Off a Job Interview, and Now I Feel Like Crying

[quote]I’m 49 years old, have plenty of experience interviewing, on both sides of the table.

[quote]I’ve been underemployed for almost a year.

[quote][quote]LOL [R81] sure, whatever you say

I think whether I'm correct speaks for itself: "You are a small child who seeks instant and immediate gratification without considering the consequences of your actions and will live a miserable life and wonder why other people seem to have "charmed" lives without ever understanding that you bring your misery on yourself."

by Anonymousreply 87December 14, 2019 4:43 PM

I finally blocked that cunt

by Anonymousreply 88December 14, 2019 5:02 PM

R80 Then why did you come on here crying about this in the first place?

Don’t stress - it sounds like your sugar daddy will take care of the finances since you’re so picky and whiny about working. Newsflash - most jobs have people you don’t click with. That’s why you focus on the work.

by Anonymousreply 89December 14, 2019 7:03 PM

I'm sorry OP but R89 is correct, most people do not have the luxury of choosing whether they want to work or not. I, however, think you made the right decision. Your mental and emotional well-being are more important. Thank your lucky stars your partner loves and cares for you.

by Anonymousreply 90December 15, 2019 3:29 AM

R72 here. I should hear from the job today or tomorrow. Truth be told, I’ve never been rejected from a job or really faced any significant rejection for something I actually wanted in my 28 years of life. I can’t tell if that’s a blessing or a curse.

Either way, I’ve tried to prepare myself for the rejection, by sending out other job applications and focusing on the negatives of the job. I’m also a terrible impatient person, so waiting for a response today and tomorrow (they said Tuesday or Wednesday) is nerve racking. I can hardly sleep.

If they say no, it’s not the end of the world. I have a job that pays the bills so I’m not destitute. If you all don’t mind, I’d like to keep you posted on what they say. My family and friends keep telling me to be optimistic and it’s the Kat thing I want to hear, even though it’s somewhat true.

by Anonymousreply 91December 17, 2019 5:08 PM

THE MAKING OF A CLASSIC DL THREAD

by Anonymousreply 92December 17, 2019 5:55 PM

Go back and tell them people you made a mistake and you're sorry!

by Anonymousreply 93December 17, 2019 5:59 PM

Mom's just flicking it thinking of an office filled with young straight bros

by Anonymousreply 94December 17, 2019 6:05 PM

OP you've unfortunately showed yourself to be kind of a jerk. Why did you come here in tears only to tell people to 'fuck off' when you don't like what they have to say?

I agree with those who say the company dodged a bullet. And I know I would have been miserable there. And canceling 30 minutes before? You could have had at least a smidgeon of courtesy for the recruiter.

by Anonymousreply 95December 17, 2019 7:18 PM

Why are so many here adamant that the company recruiters should have wasted at least 30 minutes of their lives speaking to OP? What did those poor, overworked people ever do to you bitches?

by Anonymousreply 96December 17, 2019 9:26 PM

It's the head hunter who spends time doing the search and then comes across looking very bad to the company.

OP should have cancelled much sooner.

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2019 6:46 PM

the sequel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2019 8:34 PM

OP looking at the employee photos on the company profiles, at least five guys are smelling cookies. You wouldn’t have bern the only gay man there. And there’s about eight lesbians or lesbian curious gals...

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2019 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!