Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Happy Birthday to Datalounge Icon Miss Connie Francis

82 years old. Still turning out hits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 25, 2019 3:21 PM

Happy Birthday, Connie!

(Well, she may still be singing, but not so sure she's still turning out the hits.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 2:57 AM

Oh for chrissakes, somebody's gonna post it eventually.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 3:01 AM

Disco Connie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 3:07 AM

Here's to you Connie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 11:32 AM

Also celebrating the 57th anniversary of the last time she had a hit record.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 12:45 PM

How come she isn't in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Kind of makes a mockery of it

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 1:37 PM

I love OP's photo. It's not often that we get to see a celebrity photographed while so blatantly pulling and lifiting her own face to the extent employed by Miss Francis.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 2:06 PM

It would be a mockery IF Saccharine Connie was inducted into the RR HOF.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Happy birthday, Connie. May you live for the eternity!

I personally consider Connie to be one of the three greatest Americans of the 20th century, along with Martin Luther King Jr. and Jonas Salk. These three and their achievements will go down in history.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 4:31 PM

Right.

The Civil Rights Movement. The Polico Vaccine. And "Where the Boys Are."

By that standard, I might replace Connie with Eydie Gorme for "Blame it on the Bossa Nova."

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Connie forever!

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 4:52 PM

R10 I had all those chart records she holds in mind as well as being the first woman to have a million-selling rock 'n' roll hit. Connie's success paved the way for all the female artists that came after her.

And not only was she ridiculously successful, she was also unbelievably pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 4:56 PM

Connie didn't like her nose. So she chose several.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 4:58 PM

It's a shame she had that horrible plastic surgery in the 1990s because up until that point she looked fucking amazing. She was one hot MILF in her 40s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2019 5:03 PM

Sensational. Can't wait for her comeback tour.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2019 12:06 AM

BNR had a 1 hr. tribute to her today in addition to their other Connie shows. In addition to her musical achievements, she also is responsible for the Victims Rights Laws. and changes in how PTSD is seen.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2019 3:15 AM

What is BNR?

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2019 3:20 AM

Brenda Lee was always better. As was Dusty. And Petula.

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2019 1:31 PM

R 18 Connie was better than all of them. BNR ids Baltimore Net Radio. Connie was the BEST!

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2019 1:29 AM

"I told you you wouldn’t turn into Connie Francis!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2019 1:47 AM

Connie was a lower-class person's idea of a good singer because of her saccharine histrionics. Of course, she's mostly known for being raped. Hasn't had a hit record since the early '60s.

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2019 1:15 PM

Sure, R21, lower class fans only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2019 1:49 PM

I heard in prison she was a lousy lay.

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2019 1:52 PM

Simply because I've shaken someone's hand in a receiving line doesn't mean I'm an admirer, you bloody fool. That woman's caterwauling set back USA/UK relations for years!

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2019 2:19 PM

Connie was the very best! and liked by all classes and all ethnic groups. Thus was most unusual. She performed for kings, queens, presidents, princesses, etc. What a career!

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Miss Francis was in the Queen's receiving line because the Queen had watched her perform in concert and was, in fact, a huge fan.

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2019 7:20 PM

Mariah could not turn into CF because CF was incomparable! What I think Mariah was saying was that she did not want to to be seen as MOR. For Connie that was a positive since she still held on to a magnificent concert career post-Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 27December 25, 2019 3:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!