Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do any of you ever have temper tantrums?

I'm talking about screaming at someone at the top of your lungs and throwing things at the wall ( or at them). The kinds were your face turns red, you have difficulty breathing and your whole body shakes. I had one earlier year against a homophobe who loved to make anti-gay jokes at me repeatedly. But I usually don't have them. What about you dear Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 10:49 PM

So you were the BUTT of the joke ?

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 7:24 PM

R1 Well, I stopped being the butt of the joke after that tantrum. I was very close to attacking him with anything I could get my hands on. I am not exactly proud of my behavior ,but he definitely backed off after that.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 7:28 PM

What did you atrack him with, your lipstick ?

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 7:29 PM

I've never had them.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 7:30 PM

R3 I didn't attack him. Work on your reading comprehension next time.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 7:32 PM

Occasionally but it is out of character for me. I feel embarrassed and foolish afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Wow ! OP ! Why so offended ? Losing your tremper already miss gurl ?

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 7:34 PM

I've never been prone to tantrums. Anxiety and panic attacks when I was young, but never tantrums!

Which is great, because temper tantrums are completely unacceptable for a modern middle-class adult. When I had an office job, a young woman was fired on the spot for raising her voice and thrown a stapler at another drone, she missed but she was still fired on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 7:34 PM

I agree with you R8. I can go years without a tantrum, but some people can get very trying. As I get older it has become easier however(I'm 27). I'm working on the Clint Eastwood approach, speaking in a cold, quiet voice when angry. It is generally more effective.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 7:38 PM

No, never...and when I see the sewer rats on TV like Real Housewives, etc... acting as such, I am embarrassed for them.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 7:51 PM

Getting angry when stupid people fuck up is normal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 7:51 PM

Uncontrolled anger comes from depression is my experience. But everyone is different. When I was most depressed is when I had tantrums. It was helpful in signaling to me I had issues that needed to be dealt with. When I addressed those, episodes of uncontrolled rage disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 7:52 PM

I do have them whenever I have to deal with fraus doing frau stuff such as cutting a waiting line, denying priority, talking AT you, invading a gay board and making outrageously offensive, homophoblc, and/or sexist comments about men and feeling completely entitled to do so, abusing children, neglecting children, using children as a passive-agressive weapon, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 8:01 PM

I have never had a tantrum. I have got into fights a few times decades ago , mainly sticking up for myself against older kids and it was me that got the worst of it. As an adult, got destroyed by a bouncer but I refused to make a police complaint, another time I was bitten and gave that person a black eye.

I can't imagine doing a Violet Elizabeth Bott

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 8:15 PM

Bonnie at her worst

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 8:16 PM

I don't but my upstairs neighbor does. She has a meltdown every week and I've recorded video of her screaming and shouting and CRYING...fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 8:17 PM

No, I was the designated eggshell walker in my birth family.

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 8:21 PM

R17 Hahahaha thanks for the laugh

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 8:24 PM

I consider myself very patient and level-headed. I am kind and respectful to everyone I interact with (even those that are not decent people). If someone continuously presses my buttons and backs me into a corner, however, I will cross that line and become an incredibly ugly person. Like the other poster said, I feel really yucky after. I can count on one hand how many times that has happened.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 8:26 PM

The only one I seem to have this problem with is my elderly mother. Much to my horror and shame. But dealing with her confused , addlepated ways is driving me insane. Literally. She still insists on doing things her way,never mind the whole goddamn world has changed around her. Currently Im trying to straighten out a mess with the alarm company who signed her up for automatic billing,wich of course freaked her out . 2 hours on the phone dealing with fucking Indians I cant understand and her incessant bleatings has got me ready to put a gun in my mouth. I never dreamed Id feel this way about her.

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 8:28 PM

36% of Dataloungers are “On the spectrum,” so, yes. They probably melt down a lot.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 9:15 PM

I thought it was 31%, R21?

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2019 9:18 PM

Never in public, and very rarely. I’ve honed my patience over a lifetime. Recently, someone TRIGGERED me badly and I had a strong physical reaction. Fortunately it was a phone conversation, and she couldn’t see me turn bright red and trembling. Normally I am unflappable, so I kind of trusted my gut that this person was Bad News.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 9:35 PM

R20 - I’m with you. I know the other side of this is grief - but can’t help hoping for her death soon so I can live a life free of her needs and button-pushing. I understand why she does what she does - but i fly into rages during which I have to literally walk away from her to avoid blowing up on her. A miserable existence - and pointless. Looking forward to freedom.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2019 9:45 PM

Yes. When people deserve it. When I get to that point I don’t back down, and I don’t apologize. If someone has pushed me to that point, I go ballistic and go scorched earth. I have had people apologize to me after pushing me that far, because I don’t lose it unless I mean it.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2019 9:46 PM

Two words: Grease. Fire.

You never have to even open your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2019 9:55 PM

I do. I don't blow up very often and am a very patient person but occasionally something is so trying or maddening, there's nothing left to give. Thar she blows! And when she does get out of the way!

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2019 10:00 PM

Lithium and therapy stopped me.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2019 10:26 PM

I truly have the patience of a saint, but once in a blue moon someone will step way over the line and get to feel my wrath. In these times I never raise my voice. I don't have to. My anger manifests itself via facial expression, extremely vicious [italic]sotto voce[/italic] verbiage, and my patented Stare Of Fury. I never throw things or use any profanity or physicality. I have literally left people in tears, while five feet away, no one realizes what is even going on. If I could patent these fugues as performance art, I'd be rich.

I call it, [italic]piss me off, pay the consequences.[/italc]

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote] My anger manifests itself via facial expression, extremely vicious sotto voce verbiage, and my patented Stare Of Fury. I never throw things or use any profanity or physicality. I have literally left people in tears, while five feet away, no one realizes what is even going on.

Mary!

We are all terrified now.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2019 11:26 PM

[quote]Mary! We are all terrified now.

As right well you should be. And with very good reason. You don't know with whom you are fucking.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 1:30 AM

No, I don't have tantrums. I'm pretty patient. But when I get pissed, my face changes (not on purpose). Usually, the recipient of my death stare will back off.

What happens is that a door closes in my mind. I'm already writing off that person (I'd rather part ways) and it shows in my face, I think.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2019 2:39 AM

R32 You type Scorpio. or Capricorn. Am I correct?

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 2:50 AM

Tantrums are very faggoty OP. Real men don't lose their temper . Never complain, never explain

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 7:17 AM

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN LITTLE HOMOSEXUAL BOY?! DO I EVER HAVE TEMPER TANTRUMS? NO I FUCKIN DON'T. I OCCASIONALLY THROW LETTUCE FOR FUN! OR URINE TO PUT SOMEONE IN THEIR PLACE. I DON'T HAVE A FUCKIN ANGER PROBLEM, I HAVE A QUICK REACTION TO BULLSHIT!

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 7:39 AM

R35: KAPOW!

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 11:45 AM

Hahaha I had forgotten about the lettuce. Hahaha. Faye is just the best. Who else would throw lettuce around in a rage fit ?

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote] As right well you should be. And with very good reason. You don't know with whom you are fucking.

guuuuurl...

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 5:12 PM

I hope that lettuce is from Salinas, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 5:23 PM

Yes, R8, violence at work is grounds for immediate firing. Rightly so. Besides it being morally right, there is the liability for the employer. That fired employee could have been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 40December 13, 2019 3:42 AM

If a temper tantrum involves screaming and/or throwing things, then, no, I don’t have temper tantrums.

Similar to previous posters, I’m very patient and reasonably mild-mannered. And I hate when others raise their voices so I never do that.

But if I’m pushed past my limits, which might happen once a year or so, I tend to go into lecture mode and I’ll say exactly what’s on my mind and exactly what I think of you, and not let you get a word in. It can get ugly. Not vulgar, but ugly. To be honest, I usually feel shitty afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 41December 13, 2019 3:55 AM

OP and others, I hope you will all try to not do this. You lose your leverage when you go berserk. If you throw something, do other violence, touch someone in an unwanted manner, including minor things like a tap on the shoulder or so, it’s assault.

I don’t know what “menacing” is. Like, can you get arrested for it just for being visibly mad? God help you if you have a litigious acquaintance.

If you swear, that’s all anyone will remember, no matter how right you are.

As an adult, if anyone flips out on me, and I don’t deserve it, and don’t think I ever do, I’ll cut them off, as I think it’s abusive. I know someone who does the “fuming silent treatment”. That’s just as bad, and deserves to be cut off as well. He’s blown up a lot, not at me, but in general about everything. Real anger issues.

So, I encourage people not to do this. You look foolish, or dangerous, and to be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2019 3:56 AM

Occasionally. I say give yourself a pass for the rare brat attack. But as my husband has said to me (and I took note) “This is why you really need to express yourself before it gets out of hand.”

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2019 4:05 AM

I once came upon my then-new boyfriend when he was chewing out an obviously inexperienced shop girl at Sears. He was embarrassed, but I just thought it was a slip. He was never that way with me. Three years later, I got severe passive aggressive silent treatment from him, and I eventually tossed him. Broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 44December 13, 2019 4:16 AM

Occasionally and they go like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2019 4:19 AM

R42 is obviously a raging asshole self-righteous cunt frau. ' A tap on the shoulder is assault'. RMAOTFLOL. Bitch, you are CRAZY. Just the fact that your only audience left is an anonymous gay board should send you straight to therapy.

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2019 4:28 AM

R46, it is surprising, but it is assault. My neighbor’s a lawyer and I got a call from the police after she reported that I touched her, though I hadn’t. The cop grilled me, then told me that it was. Any unwanted contact is.

You realize that you’re having a temper tantrum in R46, and read like you’re a real asshole, don’t you? Of course you do. You are just trying to be funny by proving my point, right? Even so, it’s too pathetic to be funny, but I guess that’s what you were trying to show.

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2019 5:01 AM

[quote] You realize that you’re having a temper tantrum in [R46], and read like you’re a real asshole, don’t you? Of course you do. You are just trying to be funny by proving my point, right? Even so, it’s too pathetic to be funny, but I guess that’s what you were trying to show.

Get that big bitch, mama Get

by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2019 5:08 AM

Hahaha R47 couldn't get any frauer. You are right sister gurl. As always. You are the beginning and the end of all things, soooo clever, you can defeat any kind of contradiction with a simple twist of you pussy hat. ' gotcha'. Hahaha. Gurl !

by Anonymousreply 49December 13, 2019 5:13 AM

R8 what about upper class adults? Is it acceptable for them to have tantrums? I see rich white women screaming at others in L.A. all the time

by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2019 7:20 PM

Having temper tantrums is immature behavior, you expect it from a 12 year told but it is embarrassing when I see adults carrying on like that. Grow up already, learn some self-control.

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2019 7:24 PM

I go from 0 to 60 in a nanosecond when people irritate me. 99.9% of the time I just walk away and calm down but sometimes I let rip. Having “leaders” who behave like children has really filtered down to people in the US.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2019 7:35 PM

I don't know..on one hand it looks ridiculous and you lose any respect, glamour or credibility that you may have had...but on the other hand it's really fun screaming and swearing at someone's face when they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2019 7:50 PM

Trump gave some people the privilege, or whatever it is, to be racist and rude, aloud. But that’s new. There’s lots of it on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2019 8:09 PM

R51 Do you think it is more socially acceptable for adult women to have temper tantrums than it is for adult men? Seems that way to me.

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2019 10:37 PM

I really expected more than ~34% of you to be pathological liars.

The thought of any user on this forum responding "never" to this poll is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!