Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

God's Specially Designed Food

The banana is shaped to fit into the human hand.

It comes with a protective, non-slip surface to hold, which is also biodegradable and sits "gracefully" over the human hand.

It is curved towards the face for ease of consumption and does not squirt in one's face during the act.

There is a "pull tab" at the "top" for easy access.

It has a simple "colour code" to show ripeness: Green, too early. Yellow, just right. Black, too late.

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2019 1:34 AM

Black isn't "too late" for making banana bread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 12:58 PM

Well thanks "God" for the banana.

Now about all the famine, disease and general shittiness in the world...

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 1:05 PM

It's also shaped just like a penis. Proof that God wants us to stuff our faces with cocks AND bananas. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 1:07 PM

Great, just what we need in our hour of mourning: Kirk Cameron and his left behind cheek found DataLounge!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Actually, the "pull tab" is the handle. You peel from the stubby end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 1:31 PM

Just a PSA - In the case of bananas, organic bananas are far tastier than conventionally-grown bananas. I don't know what the price difference is, but bananas are cheap enough that it's negligible and far more satisfying to eat.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 1:40 PM

The "God" created Banana was a barely eatable fruit with a lot of very hard seeds, what you know as a Banana today is a highly hybridized fruit and was created by mankind, much like the idea of a God.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 1:43 PM

Bananas were never my favorite but in my 20s I developed an intolerance for them. I couldn’t eat them without getting horrible, painful stomach cramps. I’ve avoided them ever since.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 2:14 PM

r8

then you're not eating a banana.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 2:30 PM

And "banana" yields 331 hits on user-submitted gay videos on Thisvid.com

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 4:26 PM

They've gotten too expensive for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Making R7's point:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 4:39 PM

Plantains made you sick

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 9:35 PM

Why is Kirk Cameron posting here?

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Speaking of specially designed foods, a peeled cucumber is self-lubricating.

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 9:51 PM

Bananas in their current form were cultivated over time according to human tastes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 9:58 PM

I also get severe heartburn from bananas. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 10:07 PM

My father used to marvel at how so many fruits come in perfect human-serving sizes. Apples, oranges, bananas etc were all evidence to him of God's plan for humankind. I never pointed out that it took people centuries to figure out how to develop them from their barely edible small, ugly and sour ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 10:14 PM

"The banana is shaped to fit into the human hand. "

If that's true, it's also true of the Banana Slug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 10:45 PM

Ever try to eat an artichoke?

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 10:50 PM

Then durian is God's shit that God doesn't want plebs to eat.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2019 12:10 AM

God didn't design a banana...go back to voting for trump.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2019 12:21 AM

R20, yes. I love artichokes.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 12:38 AM

Bananas are my worst nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote]It has a simple "colour code" to show ripeness: Green, too early. Yellow, just right. Black, too late.

Cue the Yellow Skin Troll!

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 2:34 AM

I don't trust anyone who loves artichokes

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 3:04 AM

Yours is the voice of wisdom, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 3:38 AM

28 posts and no one has mentioned yet that the banana is an herb and not a fruit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 3:40 AM

About that packaging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 3:51 AM

R30 Why are those bananas different prices? Are they actually be sold by individual weight and there a difference between the 13 P and 16 P banana?

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 4:23 AM

Wow, someone sat there and weighed individual bananas and then wrapped them up. The poor bastard. What a tedious job.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2019 4:30 AM

How are bananas so inexpensive?

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 4:47 AM

R20, the same friend who taught me to drive with a manual transmission taught me to eat an artichoke. R30, there are actually convenience stores in the USA that charge for individual bananas as much as 75 cents each! At a fair-priced grocery store, they're on sale for 29 cents per pound! R33, they're so inexpensive because they grow like weeds in poor countries.

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 4:53 AM

OP, if I make banana bread, I would NOT put those rotten bananas in it. What kind of food do you serve to friends and guests??

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 4:55 AM

r32

that response was r1 not the OP

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 6:54 AM

I trust someone who can drive a manual transmission even less than I do someone who loves artichokes.

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 6:58 AM

R37, as B.W. Frazier said when testifying to the Warren Commission, any adult who can't drive a vehicle with manual transmission has a serious impairment. He didn't mean a physical handicap. And I didn't say I love artichokes; I said I was taught how to eat one properly.

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 7:41 AM

What's wrong with artichokes? Some of you are so weird.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Trump hasn’t eaten a banana in decades.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 9:59 AM

r30 I've never EVER seen a wrapped banana for sale in the US. Why do they do it in the UK? Even at stores that don't have weighing equipment at the checkout (e.g., Trader Joe's, Target), they just charge the same prices for each individual banana.

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]What's wrong with artichokes? Some of you are so weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2019 4:33 PM

R37, I also drive a manual transmission car.

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2019 7:05 PM

What's wrong with you anti-artichoke loons? It's not like artichokes ruined your life by marrying Prince Harry!

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2019 9:52 PM

Artichokes are good when they're stuffed . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2019 12:39 AM

Fuck you and your artichokes and your manual transmission! Leave me alone!

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2019 12:41 AM

R43, congrats! R46, even if you're not American, here's to you:

Generally, the world knows that the USA and Americans are bastardized in many ways. Our food supply is nearly poison. Our lawmakers permit HFCS, MSG, and glyphosate that are toxic or carcinogenic in our consumables. Then ignorant, shallow people blame overweight and obese people for "bad habits" when it's too expensive to eat healthy and nearly impossible to learn about and avoid HFCS.

The sale of vehicles with manual transmissions in the USA is at record-low. I've never purchased my own vehicle with an automatic transmission. They're expensive and expensive to repair or replace when they fail. A vehicle with a manual conserves fuel and has better driving characteristics. Generally, many Americans are lazy and don't give a darn about conserving oil and the environment. Those who don't are in for a rude awakening. Every gallon of gasoline purchased basically funds terrorism and/or the Koch brothers. Other countries know that and take steps to minimize petroleum usage.

Last year, the Federal Republic of Germany fully powered itself for 24 hours on its own; no imported fuel. Most of my heritage is German and Swiss. Germans are among the most educated, innovative and hard-working people on Earth. My father worked 6 days a week from before dawn to dusk. I'd like to be in my native homeland and support the U.S. Constitution against the loons in control in Washington, DC.

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2019 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!