Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't Mike Vogel become a bigger star?

I thought he was going to really hit the bigtime after seeing him in films like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and Cloverfield, and TV shows like Bates Motel and Under the Dome, but he's not a household name and I wonder why?

Don't get me wrong, he's always working but I expected him to become A List. He's so fucking good-looking and even though he's not really my type I still think he's incredibly sexy, and looks even better in motion than in still photos. I've never heard any particular gossip about him to suggest he's difficult to work with, and I wouldn't say he's a phenomenal actor but he's no different to many of the other actors of similar age to him who are considered A List.

Anyone else think it's weird he's not hit those heights?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 10:22 PM

He was really handsome in Pan Am

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 10:35 AM

Nice guy . Met him in Tennessee . Will tell you more about him later

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 10:39 AM

He's no Matt Barr or Jake McDorman.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Too many generic white guys in Hollywood. We need diversity!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 10:46 AM

Honestly, you're not far off the mark. He's FUCKING hot but he's also generic as fuck. Nothing special and nowadays, you need a little more than just being hot thanks to social media.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 10:55 AM

Diversity is great as long as producers can make money with the talent they select.

They are not going to lose money on their productions just to obtain your approval of their casting choices, r4.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Mike Vogel has basically done a network pilot/new series every year he’s available for over a decade which is an extremely enviable career for a working actor.

However, as for the reason he is not a bigger star, it’s because he lacks a gigantic head and big eyes. Movie stars have gigantic heads and big eyes. Have you seen Chris Pine’s head in the new Wonder Woman trailer? That thing could take out Tokyo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 11:24 AM

[quote]Nice guy . Met him in Tennessee . Will tell you more about him later

How much later?

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 1:05 PM

R8, Met him face to face only three times (summer of 2015,2017, 2018)in Tennessee. That too only for a few minutes each time. He is a family friend of my grand aunt[younger cousin sister of my grandmother). His mother-in-law is also a close friend with my grand-aunt

I don't want to tell more about him since he is such a nice guy and I don't want DL mob to hate him irrationally.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!