Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Candy Spelling's Malibu Brick Beach House

What say you of Candy's brick beach beast?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Pleasant enough house - but WAY too close to the sea, one big storm from being wrecked or washed away.

No thanks, especially not at that price.

If it was a couple of metres higher and/on a big stone seawall it would be a different matter. Right now that just looks way too vulnerable

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Too heavy, dark and fussy for a beach house. With all of her money she could buy a private island somewhere. Why on earth would anyone with money have a house in such close proximity to other houses? I could never live that way.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2019 4:14 PM

The purpose of a beach house is to be able to get away from the more formal lifestyle of your main home, walk around barefooted. Not to worry about having to keep everything clean. This place is just swapping one formal living quarters for another.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2019 4:27 PM

Odd building material for a beach house, although it may make it safer in big storms, but still strange. Internally way to heavy and dark for a beach house. It looks like a house in McLean.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2019 4:33 PM

THAT'S Malibu? I always assumed it was prettier and more private, not houses hanging all over each other. And the house itself is tacky. Money really can't buy taste.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2019 4:34 PM

That woman is so unbelievably trashy. Her style never rises above trailer park granny-frau . Green carpet and chintz? An all brick house? AT THE BEACH? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2019 4:34 PM

I will never understand PCH Malibu houses. Ugly, jammed in between high speed, high traffic 4-6 lane highway and a spot of sand. Ugly as sin on outside. Worth millions for a shack. CA is just insanely overpriced.

Mildred Pierce’s beach house maybe made sense before PCH became a highway. But now it’s just a death trap. I always imagine those people walking out their front door and getting run over - or more realistically trying to back,out a few feet and getting slammed by the onslaught of 70 mph traffic.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2019 4:38 PM

Hideous furniture and too much wood.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2019 4:44 PM

Tragic for a beach house.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 4:45 PM

It's brick so it won't burn in a Malibu fire like Suzanne Somers house did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 4:45 PM

Appealingly beachy!

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2019 4:48 PM

Neighbors up your ass and impending doom. All for $23 Mil!

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2019 4:50 PM

No way I'd spend big money for a house on the beach in California. Any day of the week there will be 10,000 riff raff splashing and fighting just yards away. And worse on weekends and holidays. They're the "people's beaches".

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2019 4:52 PM

A brick house will burn just as fast as a wood house.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2019 4:53 PM

Simmer down, Mike Huckabee @R13.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Even without the heavy furniture, too much dark wood plus that hideous green carpet. the brick construction seems very practical, although the house looks like a min-mansion plopped on a beach..

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2019 4:55 PM

Looks like a Chicago 2-flat.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 4:56 PM

I'd much rather be way up high in the hills above PCH. The view up there is far better than right down on the beach, and at least you don't have to worry about a tsunami. Just fire. And much more privacy and no cars speeding by 5' away from your house.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 4:58 PM

Is that part of the beach private, I’ve always thought it was, or can you have a bunch of tourists in your front yard making a day of it?

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Crass nouveau riche shite. Sooner it gets hit by a tsunami the better.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 5:01 PM

[quote]A brick house will burn just as fast as a wood house.

That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 5:04 PM

I wouldn't want to be that wealthy and be able to jump into my neighbor's homes!

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 5:04 PM

You can’t prise the Spelling name away from tackiness.

Looks like a suburban grandmother’s retirement home. Inside and out. What’s with all the floral material and all the bad art ?

Too near the sea given what we know and way too near the neighbours and what I’d rather not know.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2019 5:05 PM

Too formal looking for a beach house not a relaxing environment. One good storm or earthquake and it's a goner.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2019 5:06 PM

That cliff just looks like it wants to slide down in the next winter storm.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2019 5:07 PM

This thread needs a theme song, BUTT of course!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2019 5:11 PM

R25, Malibu does not have winter storms.

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote] A brick house will burn just as fast as a wood house.

[quote] That makes no sense.

Perhaps this will explain it for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2019 5:13 PM

Visitors can't be on the beach, but they can be in the water. So they'd have to park (an issue because of the residents), gain access to the beach (another issue because of the residents) and then walk to your desired location where the surf meets the sand. In other words, it's way too difficult for the public so the beaches in Malibu are essentially private.

I agree that there is no reason for a beach house when it doesn't even remotely resemble one, except for the views.

by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2019 5:14 PM

Wall-to-wall carpeting at the beach is indicative of some serious mental illness. And in general it looks like the lobby of 3 star hotel in Des Moines.

Beaches are open to the public up to the mean high tide line. Which is to say sand, not just water.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2019 5:18 PM

OK, no time to read the the thread, but here’s what I think:

The house is a sore thumb. I understand the materials used were probably used because of the environmental impact on homes there. Ever hung out in one of these on PCH in Malibu? After a while, the smell of sea salt permeates EVERYTHING. I like that aspect, by the way, so no complaints. However, a brick house on the actual shore, is somewhat of an abomination in this specific area. Think of the aesthetic. If it isn’t conducive to the “look” of the neighborhood, don’t do brick.

Secondly, it’s on the actual beach. In Malibu? No thanks. A hilltop is best. Plenty of room for a nice home on a hilltop. The back of the house is facing PCH, which becomes pretty congested during rush hours, and weekends, with tons of non locals blaring tunes from their cars. Brick probably helps with noise cancellation, but still, it could honestly take one 10 minutes to pull out of the driveway. No joke.

Far too inconvenient and even too ugly, for the $$$.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2019 5:22 PM

R30, doesn't surprise me, I never thought that woman was playing with a full deck. Carolyn Jones left Mr. Spelling. I can't believe all the $$ he made from those lousy programs. The Love Boat, Fantasy Island? Give me a break!

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2019 5:30 PM

I like the bathroom and the deck

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2019 5:48 PM

What do you expect from a eoman named Candy?

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2019 5:54 PM

woman^^^not eoman.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2019 5:59 PM

I think you have to judge the house on its own terms. Someone who wants to live on the beach in Malibu is not going to want to live uphill. It's not everybody's taste, but the beachfront is premium property. It makes sense that these beachfront houses are jammed side to side. Unless you want to buy three adjacent lots, you will have a stranger/neighbor right up next to you.

It seems out of place, but I like the brick. The side of the house that faces the street is really nice, IMO.

There's nothing wrong with the bones of the house. It's Candy's decor that makes it ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2019 6:07 PM

The house is as hideous as its owner.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2019 6:08 PM

Brick structures at the beach remind me of Long Beach or Far Rockaway in NY. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]That woman is so unbelievably trashy. Her style never rises above trailer park granny-frau . Green carpet and chintz? An all brick house? AT THE BEACH? Seriously?

You said it all.

[quote]There's nothing wrong with the bones of the house.

What? Architecturally it's a trashy shit show of cheap details and odd proportions.

And the brick is insanely out of place.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2019 6:31 PM

While you make some good points, R36. Let's take a step back and look at that front facade as a whole. Honestly, it looks like a rather down at the heels condo complex in the outskirts of Trenton, New Jersey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2019 6:39 PM

R39 - compared to her previous house it's the height of good taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2019 6:41 PM

I think it's an abomination. WTF with putting that exterior and interior decoration not he beach? Also the massing and windows offer nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2019 6:45 PM

R40 good grief, that reminds me of what I see in Florida. Who wants a primary feature to be the garage door? Otherwise, R42 is correct; looks better than that tragic mansion.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2019 6:46 PM

* on the beach

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2019 6:46 PM

I don't get it either, like other posters have mentioned. You spend millions and millions of dollars so you can have a freeway less than ten feet from your house, with cars whizzing by at 80mph 24/7. It's just insane for that kind of money, and of course very unsafe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2019 6:48 PM

Can't they blow a couple hundred yards of beach onto that beach? Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2019 6:52 PM

R45 since when is PCH a freeway?

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2019 6:53 PM

From the outside, it reminds me of Section 8 housing. $23 million!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2019 6:54 PM

I’m so confused about the private/public thing. Is someone out there checking your ID? How can a beach be private? Nobody owns the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote]since when is PCH a freeway?

Freeway, highway, you get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2019 6:54 PM

R48 I don't know in which state you live, but that was eliminated in FL long ago. Even the small apartment complex a few blocks from me for handicapped and elderly people was shut down!

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2019 6:57 PM

Painting the whole thing white might make it appear less “heavy”. The interior also needs to be lightened up and more beachy.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2019 7:00 PM

"The Failure of Postmodernism"

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Jason Statham's beach house is so much more elegant.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2019 7:01 PM

With any luck a tsunami will sweep her tacky self out to the ocean while she sleeps.

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2019 7:02 PM

A lot of Southern California would benefit from a major tsunami.

by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2019 7:03 PM

R55/R56 I don't think one has hit since 1942. My late friend/colleague was recognized for bravery and quick decision-making at his company.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2019 7:06 PM

Marion Davies' was the last Southern California beach house that was any fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2019 7:17 PM

The pool would give any young man an instant hard on with all the bathing beauties arrayed around it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2019 7:19 PM

And imagine making entrances on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2019 7:20 PM

Her doll collection will be washing up onto Japan in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Honestly, what IS the appeal of living on that stretch, crammed into the few feet available between the ocean and the highway? Where you can't help hearing every damn car stereo on the highway and every argument next door and on the beach, spend half an hour and risking your life every time you need to get out of the garage, and wonder if the next Tropical Storm is going to wash the mingy little beach away completely?

That area always looked like a sucky place to live, very stressful environment, and anyone who uses it as a "getaway" doesn't understand what getting away actually means. Much nicer and more open places can be had up and down the coast, but people still pay millions for houses right in that ugly spot. Is it the pleasure of waving to Jennifer Aniston when you take your morning stroll on the beach? Or just knowing that you're Being Seen at an expensive place, and everyone who sees you there knows how rich you are?

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2019 7:43 PM

Even the poor are entitled to their opinions, regardless of how wrong they are.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 7:46 PM

God this lady seems like such a drag but I don’t like to judge people definitely from far away. I just always felt bad for TorI because it seems her dad liked to take care of her and then for her to be screwed out of the will just seems so cruel.

But then again, she could be doing it for Tori’s own good to keep it out of the hands of her trash husband. I mean, I can’t imagine having a daughter who settles for some loser and then chases him around like he’s some god. She is clearly acting out entry-level psychology symptoms like low-self esteem and neediness. (Wouldn’t a supposedly “healthy” person ditch a scumbag like that?)

Then again, who am I to judge? Maybe it’s true love between the two, trying to find a way forward in a crazy world.

But if I were her, I would dump him and allow him visitation with the kids and allow him to be a free man since he wants to be one so badly. She could meet a new man or focus on her kids. Then maybe she can repair the relationship with her seemingly cruel mother and maybe one day inherit what’s rightfully hers.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 7:53 PM

Some posters were asking about public access to the beach (Malibu).

Here's a map that tells you where the public access areas are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 8:24 PM

r58, The pool and guest house are still there, it's the Annenberg beach house now. The pool is open to the public. I took a tour of the guest house and it was pretty cool cause I used to drive by it for many years seeing it boarded up and dilapidated. I am glad the city preserved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 8:29 PM

r59 ...The pool now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 8:32 PM

It's a pity they can do a big surround in black and white marble. The Colonnade reference on the boarding structure is kinda well done, however.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 8:34 PM

Regarding the twisted relationships of Candy and Tori Spelling: I think there's a big element of narcissistic projection there. Candy is one of the world's great shopaholic spendthrifts, and in turn taught her daughter to be a shopaholic spendthrift... and she's punishing her daughter for being a shopaholic spendthrift by cutting her out of the family fortune and making her suffer. So she's outsourcing her guilt feelings.

It'll probably end with Tori telling one of her kids "... and put this in Grandma's coffee after she's had a few cocktails, and don't tell anyone! It'll be our little secret..."

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 8:38 PM

R69, from the looks of the interior of the Malibu house, Candy was not spending money on it since the 1990s. That carpet is ugly in a 1990s or even 1980s way.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]I’m so confused about the private/public thing. Is someone out there checking your ID? How can a beach be private? Nobody owns the ocean.

You can boat past these houses but the area from the house to the waters edge is considered your back yard.

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2019 9:12 PM

So if you own or rent a house on that horrible little strip between the highway and the ocean... can you wander freely along the beach and be seen by all the other rich people? Or are all the rich people territorial about "their" little strip of beach, and call the police if you go for a stroll?

Really, it looks like a horrible place to have a house.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2019 9:16 PM

I usually go to the more deserted parts of Malibu but the public/private thing is tricky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2019 9:22 PM

What a screwed up mess Tori has turned herself into has Aaron Spelling spinning in his grave.

Unless he was cremated, in which case he's choking on his own ashes.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2019 9:24 PM

R64/R74, about Tori and her train wreck husband: one morning I couldn't sleep and tuned into an episode of their reality program where he was supposed to get a vasectomy because they have 4 children and she had a pregnancy scare. That idiot was in the urologist's office and was so damned stupid, he thought the procedure would damage his balls and interfere with testosterone production! The doctor assured him it wouldn't, but they go home and have a talk, so the day of the procedure, he cancels at the last minute! Since then, they've had another demon spawn! He's a worse loser than she is.

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2019 9:29 PM

Aaron probably got a deep discount on those ugly bricks.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2019 9:32 PM

Is it supposed to be a colonial townhouse style?

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote]Brick structures at the beach remind me of Long Beach or Far Rockaway in NY. Blech.

You beat me to it. It looks just like a storefront in Bensonhurst, dropped onto the beach in Malibu. Ick! So, so wrong.

The interiors are atrocious. All the heavy wood, even in the kitchen. So early 80s. Reno makeover stat! The fixtures in the bathroom are ones my grandparents had installed in 1982.

The living room furniture looks like a divorce attorney's waiting area in New Haven, all that dark wood and kelly green upholstery. The sitting area looks like my dentist's waiting room with those old chairs.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2019 9:41 PM

I've never understood when wealthy people have multiple homes (not for renting out) in the same city. It seems like a spectacular waste. It was a huge problem for Burning Cash Depp.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2019 9:50 PM

It’s hideous.

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2019 11:01 PM

Unless I’m living in a brownstone in Manhattan, I would never live in a house where there’s only 2 feet of space between houses, and certainly not for $23 million. I’d rather live higher up and just drive down to the beach when I wanted to be on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]She could meet a new man

No man wants a 40-something broke woman with a hundred kids except for another broke man.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2019 11:07 PM

Candy's taste has always been atrocious and trashy. If you've seen pictures of the Spelling Mansion before Candy sold it, she had every room decorated like a Ramada Inn lobby, it was unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2019 11:08 PM

Yeah, in that interview she did with Ann Curry, she shows off her creepy doll room and gift wrapping room. Ridiculous. With that much money there is no reason for a dedicated gift wrapping room because someone else should be buying AND wrapping all your gifts. Also, I'll never forget when she went to a high end antiques store --lots of beautiful stuff. What does she buy? A tacky $10 clown art print hanging on the wall by the ladies room. It wasn't even for sale, just a piece of junk hanging there that everyone forgot about and never got rid of. But she "liked it" so she insisted that they sell it to her. So embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2019 11:17 PM

Candy gives a tour of Spelling Manor...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2019 11:28 PM

How many bidets do her homes have? Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]With that much money there is no reason for a dedicated gift wrapping room because someone else should be buying AND wrapping all your gifts.

There's a laundry room in her home too...surely you don't think she's actually been in it.

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Mae West knew how to do Malibu, or Santa Monica, the Malibu of her day. I love the nude gladiators. Mae was so camp.

"1938 - The Albert Lewin House, 512-514 Palisades Beach Road, on the ocean at Santa Monica CA. Designed witih Peter Pfisterer. Built by Frank A. Hellenthal. Sold to Mae West in 1954. She did renovations in 1957, including nude gladiators painted on the curved wall leading to six bedrooms upstairs. She frequently held ESP demonstrations with favorite psychic Richard Ireland."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2019 12:36 AM

I would not think this was possible. Where is the outdoor space, as it is a beach house? It is a complete renov. And you still have to deal with red brick on a beach house.

What do you do? Paint the brick white? Maybe use grays tones?

I really thought this would be gorgeous, but NOPE it is a gut job.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2019 1:10 AM

Shouldn’t the interior be more casual? Especially a second home at the beach?

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2019 1:15 AM

That’s way too close to the water for my tastes. I would think one good storm could do a lot of damage.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2019 1:16 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2019 1:28 AM

LOL, wait are Candy Spelling and Tatum O'Neal tight? What in the world?

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2019 1:31 AM

Tatum is broke. She's probably grifting, or trying to. Although Candy is not known for her generosity.

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2019 1:33 AM

It needs a fridge full of lemons.

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2019 2:07 AM

So, Candy bought the house in 1972. Aaron thought they needed something larger, but Candy wanted it. In the 90s, they bought the house next door and combined the two, presumably cladding both in brick.

Up to the mean high tide line is considered public beach. This means any wet sand, or sand that is wet at high tide is public. Different areas of Malibu have varying amounts of dry/private sand. This house has little to none most of the year, and in the winter months the waves will creep under the house. While concealed, these houses are built on pilings planted deep into the sand. The weight and size of the house determines the amount of pilings required and if this is real brick and not brick veneer, there must be ton.

Bob Vila gut renovated a house on this same stretch of beach in the 90s for his show. They had to add new pilings to support the weight of an added second story. Even with lower tides and more sand in the 90s the water still came up under the house in winter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2019 2:11 AM

the deck is nice, and the great thing about it is you can sit there watching the ocean and ignore the total shitshow that is behind you

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2019 2:13 AM

Does it have a panic room she can hide in when the McDermott clan comes a knocking?

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2019 2:15 AM

It has pilings, but no mall.

by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2019 2:16 AM

Mae's house was a Richard Neutra, sorry. She was smart. Just north of the pier.

" the house was acquired by Mae West, who allowed her pet monkeys to use it as a menagerie. It continued to deteriorate until it was restored for a later owner by Gwathmey Siegel Associates (see Architectural Digest, October 1983)."

Re Candy's brick house, so astonishingly bad. Not a shocker considering the source, but still what a blight.

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2019 2:26 AM

It's light and airy.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2019 2:42 AM

"Is that part of the beach private, I’ve always thought it was, or can you have a bunch of tourists in your front yard making a day of it?"

R19 No beach in CA is truly private - the public has access to the beach to the highest tide line.

In this area of Malibu there is limited parking and no restrooms for the public.

by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2019 2:43 AM

I just FINALLY had a moment to myself, and have viewed the inside of this monster.

Building this house on the beach is a crime. But the interior? That’s a crime deserving of the death penalty.

JFC!!! Why, why God? Why did this trashy whore with zero sense or good taste, end up with all of this money, and I, who have SUPERB taste, ended up with nothing but superb taste??!!??

FUCK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2019 5:19 AM

R95, I feel shallow AF, that I actually get your reference. LMAO.

At least Lemon Lady’s House is MUCH nicer than this monstrosity.

WHET Lemon Lady? Did she get to keep the house, or is her gold digger replacement move in, replacing the lemons with gold bullion?

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2019 5:30 AM

The whole house is a horror, but the wall-to-wall green carpeting (in a beach house??) is especially horrific. Candy Spelling has all the money in the world to hire the best designers, and it is just unbelievable what she does with her houses.

by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2019 5:31 AM

Well, now we truly understand why Tori turned out as she did. Well, not that we didn’t know best, but now, there’s no question.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2019 5:39 AM

Correction:

Well, not that we didn’t know before, but now, there’s no question.

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2019 5:40 AM

The house next door is everything this house is not. Architect Marc Appleton is soon to be divorced from Joanna Kerns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2019 6:07 AM

^Now THAT is lovely. Although still too crowded and crunched for my taste.

I don't get all the "ohs and ahs" about Malibu. You can get stunningly gorgeous, much larger, and private, beach homes on the east coast for mush less. Although the season is short.

by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2019 9:09 AM

"The season", R109? I thought Beach Season in Southern California was 365 days a year.

by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2019 9:52 AM

The season in the east. Swimming in December in The Hamptons is discouraged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2019 10:20 AM

Back in the day, they were just cheap get away houses where all your closeted gay friends and hags would stop by for a cocktail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2019 11:45 AM

Whoever did this to Mae West's Santa Monica house should be shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2019 11:59 AM

That picture/website at R108 causes a malware alert on my computer.

by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2019 12:04 PM

R108 Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2019 3:29 PM

r108 that's an improvement for sure, but why in gawds name does the exterior look like that? It looks like something in old 1920s Hyannisport, like the Kennedy compound. They build shit like this in modern-day Malibu?

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2019 4:31 PM

r116 The exterior is heavily influenced by the traditional designs of Paul Revere Williams, whose homes are some of the most revered in Los Angeles. It's an LA beach house, in a very LA style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2019 4:41 PM

The one next door is nice. They're all so close together!

by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2019 5:48 PM

The next door house at r108 is landscaped like it's a gas station. Complete with dead tree in the planter. Tacky as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Yes, you can get much cheaper and more spacious beach houses on the East Coast, if you're willing to put up with snow in winter or horrific Southern humidity. But beach houses on the East Cost aren't much of a getaway, for someone who lives in California, because if you wanted to get to your damn beach house on the other coast it'd take a cross-country flight and all the horrors of modern air travel!

No, someone who actually wanted to get away, and who had a shit-ton of money to spend, would be MUCH better off getting a place further away, like the Santa Barbara area or closer to San Diego. Much of Malibu is awful, like that particular strip with 50 feet between the highway and the sea, or the other shown further up, with the same amount space with crumbling cliffs right behind the highway. San Diego is 2-3 hours from LA, close enough for a getaway.

by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2019 7:21 PM

I see your point, r120, but someone who could drop $23,000,000 on a beach house probably isn't flying Delta, and can go anywhere they want to at any time they want to.

by Anonymousreply 121December 11, 2019 7:28 PM

White Rock BC is beautiful. Better ocean. No snow, no highway.

by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2019 8:19 PM

Yes Ruth at r117 they may be revered but down in LA, Bev Hills or Bel Air. The city. That is not 20th century southern CA beach house design, and not something one expects to see on the tide line in the modern Bu.

The back of the house (see photos at r108) are reminiscent of the pre-war, white-frame Cape Cod clapboard style cottages you see all over New England coasts.

by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2019 8:33 PM

Good architecture needs room to breathe, you could put the Taj Mahal on that strip and it'd still looked cramped and out of place, if it were cheek-to-jowl with the neighbor's houses and with a highway at the back door.

But then, if they didn't put the houses that close together, the Poors would be able to get to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2019 8:46 PM

This is really bad. Isn't she wealthy/ I would think she would have more taste than this. I mean who fucks up a beach house?

by Anonymousreply 125December 12, 2019 2:50 AM

Now I know why Swifty bought her ocean front home in RI. Cheaper,bigger,and more privacy. And much more beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 126December 12, 2019 3:23 AM

Swifty's Watch Hill home is not distinguished architecturally, in the least. There are nicer homes all around it. I used to go the beach right near it all the time. In the last 2 years some corrupt state Supreme Court said those beaches can no be privatized. Total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 127December 12, 2019 3:33 AM

CAN BE privatized.

by Anonymousreply 128December 12, 2019 3:33 AM

If anyone likes trashy biographies of rich women, be sure to pick up an old copy of Blue Bloods about heiress and Harkness Ballet founder, Rebekah Harkness. Taylor Swift’s house in RI originally belonged to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 12, 2019 4:17 AM

Patrick Swayze studied at the Harkness School.

by Anonymousreply 130December 12, 2019 4:45 AM

The house facing the street looks like it could be low quality apartments on West Alexis Rd. in Toledo, OH.

by Anonymousreply 131December 12, 2019 4:51 AM

^^ Oh heck, the entire exterior looks that way. And the green carpet and ugly furniture looks like something found in a Goodwill in Toledo, OH, too.

by Anonymousreply 132December 12, 2019 4:53 AM

For a woman who's lived among LA's wealthy elite for decades, I just can't get over how trailer park her tastes are. Think of all the beautiful homes she's been in, and the people she knows. It's mind-boggling how tacky her taste in decor is.

by Anonymousreply 133December 12, 2019 5:00 AM

Is Tori allowed to visit? How does she support her kids now? The sloth husband refuses to work and I’m not sure of the oldest child is allowed to work yet?

Maybe Tori can manage the kids‘ careers and become the next Kris Jenner. It would be sweet justice if she were to become richer than her wicked mother.

by Anonymousreply 134December 12, 2019 5:00 AM

I agree with most of the above - this home is filled with some of the UGLIEST furnishings that I have EVER SEEN. My grandmother has far better style (and she owns a home in Florida or all places). For a Malibu property selling at this price, you can't afford a stager?? This is HIDEOUS.....and I love Malibu. Compare and contrast for half the price:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 12, 2019 5:01 AM

Why didn’t Tori contest the will? She needed a better lawyer. A decent one could have gotten her some more cash.

But it’s probably for the best since her mooching husbear would have plowed through it by now.

by Anonymousreply 136December 12, 2019 5:06 AM

Yikes! That's one of the most dreary and dated homes we've seen in a long while here!

Inelegant, ugly, old lady-ish, and terribly proportioned, I'd say it borders on "tear down"!

by Anonymousreply 137December 12, 2019 6:51 AM

R135, I hate homes right on the ocean like that. I stayed in one in San Diego years ago. I felt like I was on a cruise ship.

by Anonymousreply 138December 12, 2019 6:55 AM

Would you live here, R138?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 12, 2019 7:02 AM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 12, 2019 7:03 AM

[quote]For a woman who's lived among LA's wealthy elite for decades, I just can't get over how trailer park her tastes are. Think of all the beautiful homes she's been in, and the people she knows. It's mind-boggling how tacky her taste in decor is

What makes you think LA's wealthy elite invite Candy Spelling to their homes? After Aaron died, I'm sure she became a social pariah. She was probably only tolerated when he was pulling the strings in Hollywood.

Her taste is stuck in the 80's. Pouf valances?

by Anonymousreply 141December 12, 2019 7:07 AM

I don't know Candy personally R141 but I know some ladies that are in the ultra wealthy group in Beverly Hills and trust me she is not excommunicate by any means. All of them are rich because of their husbands and they sort of use fundraisers and lunch-ins to network for them. They are all after the same thing, more money. They dont really care about class or social status like old European aristocracy even though that might be the image they like to portray. Candy being ultra rich is constantly on their get to know list. She may be a tacky cunt with no industry influence, but she is a tacky cunt with 600 million dollars in the bank they can leverage.

by Anonymousreply 142December 12, 2019 7:50 AM

Having tons of money doesn't mean you have a discerning eye or good taste it allows you to hire someone who does have those attributes. She probably did hire a good decorator but once she injected her preferences it screwed up the concept and made it look pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 143December 12, 2019 10:31 AM

She is delusional if she thinks she knows better than the top decorators in BH. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 144December 12, 2019 11:21 AM

This house will have several major price reductions before it sells.

by Anonymousreply 145December 12, 2019 11:53 AM

I would have to gut or bulldoze that thing before it could be made livable. Malibu and Beverly Hills are one of the few places where the land is worth far more than the structure that's on it. Especially something built so cheaply to begin with. For about 2 mill you could have a fab house on that lot.

by Anonymousreply 146December 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Some people are able to develop good taste by simply being around others who have discerning eyes. They're the smart ones who learn easily. But all the money in the world won't buy you good taste if you're not intelligent enough to learn from your experiences.

by Anonymousreply 147December 12, 2019 1:02 PM

Isn't it possible this is not Candy's taste? Perhaps she had little to do with it. Perhaps she hires decorators and takes whatever they sell her. I don't like the color of the tile floors or the carpets or the beamed ceilings. I do like the woodwork. Ok the mirrored lattice ceiling is kind of special and vintage.

by Anonymousreply 148December 12, 2019 1:49 PM

It looks like a place that was decorated in the 80s and no one has cared enough about it to spend the money to redecorate since then. All they've done is keep it clean.

by Anonymousreply 149December 12, 2019 1:55 PM

Here we go. A palate cleanser, with a bit more Wasabi than expected, for some ZING!

No excuse for Candy’s brick house. NOPE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 12, 2019 2:29 PM

My personal fave, down in Hermosa.

For those of you not familiar with the So-Cal environs, the “Shed” (pictured below @ link) isn’t on the actual beach, nor should it be.

My philosophy on location is as follows: if it’s not environmentally sound, don’t build it “there”. Find another spot. Like a cliff. Allow the coast to be all that it actually is: the coast. Littering it with bricks, or poorly designed trash is selfish, and plain old stupid.

If you have the money the widow Spelling has, or even a quarter of it, there ZERO excuse for not doing “it” correctly.

Learn principles of architecture and design. It matters IMMENSELY. It changes the way you perceive habitat, and allows you to understand that you humble yourself to your environment and surroundings, and build in order to live in a backdrop of harmony, rather than to take over, and bastardize the simple yet powerful beauty of something that has been in place for thousands of years.

People have lost the ability to analyze privilege. Privilege is not a God given right, or an entitlement. It is an opportunity to express gratitude, and living in a way that honors the places that have existed LONG BEFORE you, or your privilege, is a basic, and fundamental concept that is obviously lost on Candy Spelling and myriad of over-privileged gluttons with no concept of this, before her, and unfortunately, long after her, to be sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 12, 2019 2:45 PM

R148, are you familiar with the widow Spelling’s real estate portfolio, past to present?

A quick google search will undoubtedly answer your question.

by Anonymousreply 152December 12, 2019 2:59 PM

WW @ R151. Great post!

by Anonymousreply 153December 12, 2019 3:00 PM

The appeal of Malibu R120 is that if you realize you left something at home it's a 40 minute drive and you can be "at the beach" without actually having left LA., e.g., you can go to dinner in Santa Monica and/or head to work in Century City the next day without much of a change in routine.

That said, I'm with you and others that living in houses so closely packed together along a busy highway holds zero appeal and that heading a few hours north or south would make more sense.

by Anonymousreply 154December 12, 2019 3:05 PM

R153, gracias, mi amigo.

¡Un canto para esta mañana Hermosa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 12, 2019 3:15 PM

The Dowager Lady Candy has no time in her busy schedule for such trivialities as dealing with carpet color in a beach shack.

by Anonymousreply 156December 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Lady Holmby

Cousin Candy

by Anonymousreply 157December 12, 2019 3:34 PM

r134, I don't think Tori's kids will have Hollywood careers in front of the camera. The best thing Candy can possibly do for them is fund their after school activities and get them the best education money can buy so they can set themselves up to have successful lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 12, 2019 6:07 PM

All of Tori's kids look like they were adopted from some orphanage in Appalachia. Why do they dress them so shabbily? Does she shop for their clothes at Goodwill and The Salvation Army Thrift Shops?

by Anonymousreply 159December 12, 2019 6:18 PM

The interior looks like it's decorated by someone who stayed at a Hilton once and thought that was how rich people decorate

by Anonymousreply 160December 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Once in 1991

by Anonymousreply 161December 12, 2019 6:25 PM

Does Tori have an income?

by Anonymousreply 162December 12, 2019 7:13 PM

Can you imagine if the Spelling-McDermott offspring mated with the Giudice spawn?

by Anonymousreply 163December 12, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Does Tori have an income?

She must, but obviously it's much less than her outgo.

by Anonymousreply 164December 12, 2019 7:18 PM

Candy’s will is gonna be one for the ages. Right up there with Joan’s.

I’m actually impressed by the brother who lives up in Seattle to escape from the unhealthy LA lifestyle. Has rejected materialism and seems to have a real life. Assume he became an addict in LA as a kid - which happens to a disproportionate number of rich kids in LA - to the point I wonder why parents would raise their kids there.

by Anonymousreply 165December 12, 2019 7:28 PM

R134 the oldest daughter "sells slime"

R142 she's a big broadway producer these days

R158 even if it wasn't Tori, I'd cringe seeing someone bring an army of kids to a movie, esp with a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 166December 12, 2019 7:29 PM

"Keep selling if you want Christmas presents!" --Tori

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 12, 2019 7:30 PM

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 168December 12, 2019 10:13 PM

Do "getaway" houses like that even get used by their owners? Or are they just rented out?

by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2019 10:34 PM

What sort of idiot carpets a beach house???

by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2019 10:43 PM

Is anyone else having nightmares over seeing this house?

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2019 10:45 PM

Does anyone have photos of Johnny Carson's Malibu residence? I think it had a practically all glass front onto the ocean, but I find it hard to believe that he lived with so little privacy. I am not yet an eldergay, but I know this about a long dead man - so maybe I am? Regardless, I want to see where Carson lived.

The Spelling home is criminal in every way, but more so it makes me think that people must be very rich to spend time in such an undesirable hood. Architecture don't mean nothing if the location sucks. Only to the poor. Where was Monty's beach house located in Mildred Pierce? Are these questions too old and gay? I can't be elder when I haven't hit 43.

by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2019 10:57 PM

[quote]What sort of idiot carpets a beach house???

Candy Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2019 11:14 PM

Johnny Carson’s house for R172. Click the link for more pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2019 11:42 PM

Thanks R174. I'm taking it in. Johnny had a corner lot, ha. That helps. It's very hard to picture living there. Quite beautiful in terms of space, light, scale and views. I think it would be more beautiful at night. Wow, that's a malibu beach house for a TV mogul though. Still, it looks a bit too much like a public space to me. Carson drank a lot, it would be a grand sound at night. The tennis court to sweat it off. I want to see the kitchen, ha. It can't help but look like an Atrium, but it could try a little less hard....

Thanks R174. You're the man. Of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2019 11:55 PM

Even when Tori and Candy were at odds, they both admitted Candy paid Tori's rent. I'm sure she still does. Something tells me she keeps those kids fat and dressed like children of moonshiners so she looks thinner and more glamorous. Her mind is warped.

by Anonymousreply 176December 13, 2019 2:11 AM

[quote]The interior looks like it's decorated by someone who stayed at a Hilton once and thought that was how rich people decorate

Actually, it reeks of warmed over Carleton Varney on a budget. She & Aaron probably spent a weekend at the Greenbrier around the time the monstrosity got "decorated".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 13, 2019 2:34 AM

I liked Tori from reading her book. For someone who grew up the way she did, she seems down to earth, forgiving, and kind of guileless. I'm sure she has a good relationship with her taste-free mother now. It seems like nobody trusts Tori with money. So like a single mom on welfare, she keeps making more kids to get that check.

by Anonymousreply 178December 13, 2019 2:37 AM

There's a lot of shade on this thread. Tori maybe did what she was programmed to do - have too many kids that she loves. Too many. Messy love. No opulence, lots of McDonalds. Candy I don't know - she must have a Vanity Fair expose somewhere back in time. Who strives to look like a pekinese and have a gift wrapping room? But wasn't she co chair of the many charity balls along with Joanna Carson and Angie Dickinson and other old whores who were Hollywood Royalty? The Carousel of Yesterday. Always for Diabetes or Breast Cancer or some other safe cause.

I don't get the Tori hate. It's disgusting that her father left her so little money. Doesn't matter if she spent it on crack and ugly white dudes with ideas. Dean loves crack and is ugly and has run out of ideas. Let it be known that he hosted Chopped Canada for a few years. Somebody Stole Her Husband!! Mary Jane Eustace has made a name and more than child support off this situation. Tori's kids have missed a few meals AND they look exactly like other kids who do.

A man as rich and famous as Aaron Spelling should have protected his children, no matter how long he was married to his schnauzer faced wife. So yeah, Candy is evil and tacky with a bad name, but Aaron Spelling is to blame. For a lot of other things outside the family according to my sources. HimToo.

Tori's kids were raised with love. Two parents. With cameras. Kind of a 50/50 chance.

by Anonymousreply 179December 13, 2019 2:44 AM

I just looked and Tori's kids do not look like they've missed meals.

Continue on...

by Anonymousreply 180December 13, 2019 2:54 AM

Horrid. Agree with all posters. Kind of like a furniture store but everything is too pushed together. The big screen TV — yes I’m here in my beach house but I’ll watch family feud instead of the ocean.

Kitchen cabinets — abomination. My house, built in the 70’s has the exact same cabinets .Most of the rich people have done tear downs a long time ago. But I happily enjoy the “charm” in poverty

by Anonymousreply 181December 13, 2019 2:59 AM

Maybe you don't know what kids who've missed meals look like R180? We can see that Tori's kids are overweight. But it's not a well fed overweight. You probably have never known any real kids at all in a day to day way. Or maybe you just don't understand my statement. Or how many kids miss meals. Give some of your moldy money old man to school programs that feed children R180. Old fags always say they are overwhelmed with the various and insurmountable needs of the world - so from this mild headache - they choose to visit Bora Bora. If you want to help in a way that is immediate and radiates to the future, feed and educate people. Continue on you lifeless fool R 180.

[quote]Tori's kids have missed a few meals AND they look exactly like other kids who do.

Help the ones not on TV.

by Anonymousreply 182December 13, 2019 3:07 AM

Malibu beaches face south, so you can't sit and watch the sunset, which is to the west. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 183December 13, 2019 3:16 AM

Come to think of it, if Tori had inherited more money then the cheating hubby would have had to pay even more child support.

Poor Tori, she deserves to find her Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 184December 13, 2019 3:19 AM

I wanna know the story behind this bathroom. Where did it come from? Does it have an ocean view? It looks new and it doesn't look like Candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 13, 2019 3:22 AM

My family!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 13, 2019 3:32 AM

It looks like an old lady's house in Bumfucke Iowa that hasn't had anything done to it in 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 187December 13, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]the public so the beaches in Malibu are essentially private.

So not true, and didn't I learn it the hard way...

by Anonymousreply 188December 13, 2019 3:35 AM

In California all beaches are public property up to the mean high tide line. Exactly where the lines are have been the subject of numerous lawsuits, notably a prolonged one over Broad Beach in Malibu. It is not true that the public can be on the water but not on the beach. The land that is between the water and the mean high tide line is public property.

by Anonymousreply 189December 13, 2019 3:39 AM

Is Barbra's mall technically public property? I will sue her if I have to just to get my foot in the door.

by Anonymousreply 190December 13, 2019 3:43 AM

How much ya got?

by Anonymousreply 191December 13, 2019 3:52 AM

In Tori's book, she claimed her mother sicced the dogs on her new tits while she was resting in bed after the operation all taped up. The door opened. There was Candy. And the dogs went right for 'em. Maybe that's why they always looked so wonky afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 192December 13, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote] Old fags always say they are overwhelmed with the various and insurmountable needs of the world - so from this mild headache - they choose to visit Bora Bora.

Um no, that is where straight honeymooners go Dear. It's been a wedding destination for rich or upper middle fake titted blond hair bimbos living the dream for decades. So you would think those selfish heteros would do something good for the world like feed poor children instead of buying a 5,000 wedding dress and 20,000 dollar vacation to a tropical island.

by Anonymousreply 193December 13, 2019 4:22 AM

[quote]they sort of use fundraisers and lunch-ins...

Oh, dear....

by Anonymousreply 194December 13, 2019 4:28 AM

I really don't get uber rich people like Arron Spelling or Candy who have kinds and basically teach them nothing growing up leaving it all to a nanny then seem surprised they don't know how to support themselves as adults.

They are YOUR SPAWN if they lack certain skills that most adults need, YOU failed them. They didn't fail you.

And at which point even though they are over 21, or 31 they are still your kids and you should as a multi millionaire who fucked up a child be responsible and take care of them for the rest of their lives, especially when you have a net worth in the millions. IT's YOUR mistake you should be held just as responsible for taking care of it. Not just washing your hands of it.

by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2019 4:29 AM

They need to go to therapy together and work on their issues. It’s just ridiculous that the mom is so harsh and withholding.

It tells you something that most people, myself included, are always surprised to learn that she’s not her step mom.

by Anonymousreply 196December 13, 2019 6:27 AM

It would be so easy for Candy to buy Tory and the kids a 2 million dollar condo somewhere on Wiltshire Blvd and maybe 10,000 month to live off and be done with it. Candy is worth over 500 million? That wouldn't even be a dent in that bank account. So Dean is a grifter. Big deal, he looks like a good father. Why make peoples lives miserable when you have the power to help? Especially when they are family? Especially when it wont impact your life in any way?

by Anonymousreply 197December 13, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote]It would be so easy for Candy to buy Tory and the kids a 2 million dollar condo somewhere on Wiltshire Blvd and maybe 10,000 month to live off and be done with it.

You are very naive if you think that would be the end of it. Tori has 5 kids and a grifter husband. And she herself spends like mad woman. $10,000 a month is chump change. Those kids would still be in Walmart rags if Candy gave her $100k per month.

by Anonymousreply 198December 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Green is my favorite color, but damn, it's the WORST color for beach house interiors.

Light neutrals, or white with touches of blue, something that will bring the light inside. That's what you need in a beach house, not deep greens and heavy woods!

by Anonymousreply 199December 13, 2019 10:01 AM

[quote]You are very naive if you think that would be the end of it. Tori has 5 kids and a grifter husband. And she herself spends like mad woman. $10,000 a month is chump change. Those kids would still be in Walmart rags if Candy gave her $100k per month.

No I am not was just throwing out a random number. But since you think you are so smart lets go with yours. Even if Tory and family got 100K a month, that's only 1.2 million a year. If she lives say another 50 years thats 60 million dollars over her lifetime. STILL NO DENT IN CANDY'S LIFESTYLE OF 600 Million. It's barely 10%.

That's assuming her money is not making money which it probably is. In fact at that level of wealth, Candy Spelling is making more than that per year just letting her money sit in a bank. At 2% interests on 600,000,000 she is making 12 million a year.

And trust me, her money is probably making closer to 15% in the stock market and smarter types of investments.

by Anonymousreply 200December 13, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] Learn principles of architecture and design. It matters IMMENSELY. It changes the way you perceive habitat, and allows you to understand that you humble yourself to your environment and surroundings, and build in order to live in a backdrop of harmony, rather than to take over, and bastardize the simple yet powerful beauty of something that has been in place for thousands of years.

Well said. She could have had any beach house. Wouldn't you want one that, I don't know, looks like it might remotely belong on a beach? If it didn't, wouldn't you want a bit of beachiness in the decor? Stacks of money is not taste. I liked the house you pointed out, R151. & It even has books in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 201December 13, 2019 1:37 PM

Just let the Big Bad Wolf try and get into that thing!

by Anonymousreply 202December 13, 2019 1:56 PM

Candy pays Tori's housing and the kids' school. What more does she NEED to do? Lazy grifter just had a Mexican vacation.

Regardless of how she was raised, Tori was born on 3rd base and could've easily leveraged a real career on "I'm Aaron's daughter".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Candy Spelling is probably the type of person that doesn't like the beach because she doesn't like sand. I doubt she ever sets foot outside.

by Anonymousreply 204December 13, 2019 9:19 PM

Tori could have gone into TV production if she had any brains or ambition. She could have made her own fortune based on daddy's business empire.

by Anonymousreply 205December 13, 2019 9:56 PM

A healthy sign of a parent brought up I an hypercritical show business environment would be ugly fat kids making their own fugly choices until peer pressure does us all a favor.

The whole point of a beach house is temporary shelter on the edge of a great big moving monster with the knowledge that these privileges are going away as the population surges.

by Anonymousreply 206December 13, 2019 10:24 PM

The whole point of a beach house is outdoor entertainment space. If she does not like the sand, why isn't there a pool and/or indoor/outdoor BBQ space?

It is really hard to fuck up a beach house. It takes effort, stupidity and bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 207December 13, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]Tori could have gone into TV production if she had any brains or ambition. She could have made her own fortune based on daddy's business empire.

You need skills for that. And again I say, rich people like Aron and Candy did not behave like responsible parents in giving their kids life skills. They gave them things, no life skills. Those skills don't just suddenly appear when you turn 21. Especially when you most influential roll model CANDY spends her days expanding her mansion, shopping in Beverly Hills and being driven around in a limo collecting Benny Babies during the height of that Frau collectors fad.

by Anonymousreply 208December 14, 2019 12:07 AM

"The nannies should be ashamed, that they didn't teach those children better life skills! What did they think I paid them above minimum wage for!"

by Anonymousreply 209December 14, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote]Jason Statham's beach house is so much more elegant.

This beige and black monstrosity?

Please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Candy is complete trash, I feel sorry for Tori to some degree. Tori should still be earning residuals from TV and film? Tori seems very kind if not a bit dense - however who is se harming really. Candy comes across as an evil, cold woman,.

by Anonymousreply 211December 14, 2019 12:22 AM

R208 not necessarily. Tori could've leveraged her name into a nice position and learned on the job. Look at the KTrash FFS.

by Anonymousreply 212December 14, 2019 12:22 AM

Tori's face is really messed up from surgery. I don't see any future for her in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 213December 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Wow, so I clicked on the link for Tori’s insta and we’ve got it all wrong.

She lists producer in her profile, and she’s got a new show out: Tori Tried and True. She spills in the first episode, and actually answered a lot of similar criticism.

By the way, she looks amazing. Pretty and relaxed.

Well I guess she will have the last laugh after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 14, 2019 1:04 AM

I wonder if she’s pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 215December 14, 2019 1:04 AM

I've worked with Tori and she's a very cool lady. Very professional, very friendly, not at all snobby. Whatever is going on with mom will straighten itself out but I do think Candy gives a lot of money to them. I mean a lot.

by Anonymousreply 216December 14, 2019 1:15 AM

R216 she's never seemed like a bitch, but she does seem like a fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 217December 14, 2019 1:23 AM

Even the Drag Race queens had lovely things to say about Tori when she mentored them and guest judged. But woo, they did not care for Miss Jennie Garth.

by Anonymousreply 218December 14, 2019 1:27 AM

"my husband and I support our family with no outside money"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 14, 2019 1:29 AM

Video of first episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 14, 2019 1:31 AM

"my dad was a workaholic. I get that from him"

And apparently she HATES water which...weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 14, 2019 1:42 AM

I heard Candy was one of Madame Claude's girls.

Don't worry about Tori. She'll get it all eventually. Her and her little brother Randy, who I believe was working as a "Life Coach" recently.

by Anonymousreply 222December 14, 2019 1:57 AM

All that green carpet! Why!!

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2019 2:26 AM

Bennie Babies?

by Anonymousreply 224December 14, 2019 3:55 AM

This thread is timely. In the next few weeks, do find time to watch Tori play Scrooge in "A Carol Christmas."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 14, 2019 12:05 PM

I'm curious about the security system. Those big white gates would be a deterrent but what about the beach side.

by Anonymousreply 226December 14, 2019 12:37 PM

Four of those kids heads are ginormous, there must have been a lot of damage when those things came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 14, 2019 1:52 PM

Sticks out like a sore thumb. Ugly.

by Anonymousreply 228December 14, 2019 1:57 PM

[quote]Sticks out like a sore thumb. Ugly.

Tori can't help how she looks!

by Anonymousreply 229December 14, 2019 8:32 PM

I'm surprised the local law about public beaches isn't clearer. In my country the area lying within 25 metres above the high tide line is deemed public good and must be easily accessed.

by Anonymousreply 230December 14, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]Tori could've leveraged her name into a nice position and learned on the job. Look at the KTrash FFS.

And all those girls had a mother that did it for them as their MANAGER. Granted, their mother pimped them out with sex videos but my point is, with lacky rich parents, the kids rarely get the life skills other kids get.

by Anonymousreply 231December 14, 2019 10:58 PM

Tori earned a cool half million on the BH90210 remake. She made more than the others because she was a producer on the show as well. If she's gotten her spending under control that should keep them going for a while, especially if mama is still paying their rent and the kid's schooling costs.

by Anonymousreply 232December 17, 2019 12:49 PM

Oops, forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 17, 2019 12:49 PM

I'm late to this thread. A brick Malibu house? Are you kidding? Everything about it is wrong. But I hate Malibu, so I might be biased. Grew up in LA and like Santa Monica more. To the upthread poster who said Malibu is essentially a one way highway? He's right. The hills are insanely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 234December 17, 2019 1:04 PM

The first thing I would do is paint all that brick a nice bright white or very light grey color so it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. The interiors could be made very nice by ripping out every bit of wall to wall carpeting and repainting all the dark wood paneling. I would take that paneled room and put a pickled finish on it.

by Anonymousreply 235December 17, 2019 1:10 PM

I'm with R18 on this one. Why spend all that money to get the same claustrophobic feeling you'd get living in a Bronx walk-up on the Grand Concourse?

by Anonymousreply 236December 17, 2019 1:16 PM

Is the 90210 remake over?

by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2019 1:30 PM

OK I’ve been thinking about this house because it makes absolutely no sense. Why would you put a Midwestern McMansion on the beach in Malibu? With wall-to-wall carpeting no less.

The answer I came up with is that Candy Spelling absolutely hates the beach but she loves her grandchildren and they love the beach so she built this house for them. The house has been built to Candy’s awful taste but it has been placed on the beach as a lure to her grandchildren so that they will come and hang out with her.

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2019 2:03 PM

Also, the entire back side of the house needs to be removed and replaced with glass. or at the minimum huge expanses of the brick knocked out and large windows installed.

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2019 2:13 PM

Do an image search for "Malibu Beach Houses" and you will quickly see that Candy's little seaside cottage is not in any way the worst of them.

In fact, most of them look like warmed-up shit.

All Candy needs to do is get that awful green furniture out of there and take new photos.

by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2019 2:23 PM

Many of the beach houses in Malibu are little more than wood shacks.

by Anonymousreply 241December 17, 2019 2:29 PM

If Tori owes creditors millions, isn't she a white collar criminal and why does she coast along year after year with a home and cars and vacations?

by Anonymousreply 242December 17, 2019 9:03 PM

Malibu always looks like a shitty highway with garages on one side of it. I don't get the appeal. I'd rather be up in the hills.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2019 10:54 PM

Yeah, the water's too damned cold for swimming in Malibu, or anywhere north of Laguna. But it's still nice to walk out onto the sand with the surf right there.

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2019 10:44 PM

Didn’t David Geffen try to Block access to the beach next to his house, even though he had zero right to?

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2019 10:58 PM

I had no idea one doesn't swim at Malibu. What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 246December 19, 2019 12:13 AM

Why didn’t Tori and her brother challenge the will? I never understood that.

The brother spoke out and said that he was suprised it was so low.

I don’t know why they didn’t get an army of lawyers and least take a quarter of the estate. Any judge or jury would be sympathetic.

I’m guessing Candy outsmarted them but they could have at least drug her through the courts.

by Anonymousreply 247April 29, 2020 2:00 AM

My husband lived in LA and I asked him about swimming in Malibu. He said that made sense. He just checked and the water temp there right now is 61F. That’s too cold for me.

by Anonymousreply 248April 29, 2020 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!