Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katy Perry

What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2019 4:59 AM

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2019 1:44 AM

traumatized by naked Russel Brand?

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2019 1:46 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2019 1:48 AM

She got big tee-its.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2019 1:50 AM

She doesn't look very good like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2019 1:53 AM

She had talent no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2019 2:02 AM

A few things happened which wrecked her career. First Dr. Luke was pretty much blacklisted from the industry after Kesha's rape allegations came out and he was the driving force behind Katy's catchy songs. She tried to get serious and political for one and people like her for being fun, silly, and carefree. Then she chopped off her beautiful hair and made herself look like shit. Not good to make yourself look ugly when half your career is based on your looks.

And to be honest, she was starting to get a little long in the tooth for the kind of music she was famous for anyway. Teenybopper stuff isn't cute anymore when you're 35. And she doesn't have the talent or creativity to do anything else. She had a good run anyway and has more than enough money to survive on for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2019 2:05 AM

She reveals all here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2019 2:14 AM

She looked incredibly fug when she chopped off her hair. Seems she has it long and blonde again in her Harleys in Hawaii video, where she was making out with a hippy type with a beard. But she has aged out and her stans have gone to Ariana Grande, who is prettier, younger, with a better voice.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 2:17 AM

R8 where is Oprah? This guy is no Oprah

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 2:18 AM

nasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote] Teenybopper stuff isn't cute anymore when you're 35. And she doesn't have the talent or creativity to do anything else. She had a good run anyway and has more than enough money to survive on for the rest of her life.

There's always "The Voice".

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2019 2:23 AM

Can't sing for shit. But has hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank. Lucky mediocre white bitch.

What else isn't new.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2019 2:23 AM

She seems a little off.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2019 2:24 AM

She’s had a few recent singles that the critics loved but didn’t sell. She should transition full time to TV music competition show judge.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2019 2:26 AM

R12, She is already a judge on the American Idol reboot.

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2019 2:28 AM

She's got a better voice than Taylor, but she's no daughter of an Opera singer and Jazz musician.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 2:28 AM

This one can sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 2:32 AM

She is too much into the Hollywood celebrity asshole club crowd now.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 2:39 AM

She openly supported Hillary during 2016, essentially giving the finger to half her audience.

It's no surprise those millions of fans no longer want to listen to her music.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 2:41 AM

Her uncle directed Mommie Dearest!!

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote] What happened to her?

She killed a nun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 2:45 AM

I was actually thinking about this the other day when some Youtube video was talking about the top songs of the decade. At the start of the decade, Katy was one of the biggest selling artists in the world and California Girls was the #1 song of the year worldwide. Now, a little less than ten years later, her career is basically dead and she's relegated to being a talent show judge like Paula Abdul. Maybe she'll have a residency in Vegas in a few years, but for the most part, it's over for her. I really thought she was going to be like the Madonna to Gaga's Cyndi Lauper, but it seems that talent won out in the end, which it normally doesn't. Gaga has the Oscar while Katy has the "privilege" of crowing the next Kris Allen.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2019 2:51 AM

She really is nothing without Dr. Luke. He provided the catchy, radio-friendly bops.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2019 2:53 AM

She needs to get back in touch with Dr. Luke!

Why can't Dr. Luke make songs for her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2019 3:12 AM

She’s like a Kim Wilde or Cyndi Lauper: a few splashy hits, some wild outfits, and then GONE

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2019 3:15 AM

Drugs

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2019 3:27 AM

R7 totally nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2019 3:35 AM

R25 I feel sorry for Luke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2019 3:38 AM

Yup. It was the one-two punch of Dr. Luke’s demise and the horrible haircut.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2019 7:32 AM

She was just at one of my concerts like a good girl.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2019 8:01 AM

She kissed that young virgin guy ruining his wedding night. She's a filthy SKANK and probably gave the poor guy herpes.

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2019 8:53 AM

R18 Mimi's original nose and titties! I haven't seen them in decades!

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2019 9:27 AM

I killed a nun and I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2019 9:51 AM

Her music is fine confectionary pop music like Taylor Swift’s. It’s catchy, and the lyrics can be clever enough not to seem completely generic (as Adele’s lyrics seem to me)—but it’s all nicely packaged sugar and salt, and eventually people need nutrition.

Perry was a product of celebrity associations: Madonna recommended her and at the time that made her cool since Madonna never compliments anyone. So that put her on the radar. Then she publicly dated Russell Brand, who was for a time good at drumming up public chatter. Then Lady Gaga revived pop-star style as performance art, and Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj hitched their cabooses to that train and let their images take precedence over their pop personae. Gaga had talent hidden under the wacky outfits, and so she dropped them and left Perry looking like an embarrassing womanchild dressed like a Candy Land playing piece onstage and trying to command adult audiences while Gaga was singing at the Oscars and getting acclaim from Julie Andrews and then won an Oscar. What does Perry have left at this point besides the world knowing her fiancé has a great big dick?

When Madonna brought attention to Perry, it was for Perry’s edgy quasi-homophobic “Ur So Gay” and gay-baiting “I Kissed a Girl.” That image was pop with a dangerous-ish edge at the time. Now when you think of her, don’t you think of a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper with glittery rainbows and unicorns and ice cream?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2019 10:31 AM

Blame dat dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2019 10:33 AM

When she was new, she made a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2019 10:36 AM

And then she ran out of things to say. This song is so vapid it’s not even a complete sentence fragment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2019 10:36 AM

John Mayer ruined her.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2019 11:11 AM

R39 i'll never understand his appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2019 12:55 PM

John's a total douche-bro, it's true, but Room For Squares is still one of my favorite albums. R18 Wow Mimi looks like such trailer trash in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2019 1:31 PM

R35, Gaga was pretty unpopular until A Star is Born put her back on top. Let's see if it's a fluke or not. Katy Perry's older music is still popular on youtube. By daily average views, both Dark Horse and Roar are in the top 40 (no small accomplishment).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2019 1:39 PM

Um, she’s sober and has become a decent human being after years of being a disassociative cold bitch? Her last tour was fun. She sounded and looked great.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2019 2:00 PM

R42 I’m just saying Lady Gaga was a bundle of creative talent under the wacky costumes, and some of those who copied her wacky costume gimmick have proved over time to be more limited in their abilities.

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2019 2:19 PM

Rumors and BIs that she is busy rationalizing why she keeps finding Orlando in bed with guys. Its just a phase, nothing a good woman can't break him of.

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2019 7:42 PM

There's nothing really unique about her. Whichever aspect of what makes someone a popstar you could think of, there's someone in not so distant past who was there before her and did it much better. She never defined the zeitgeist, she wasn't a game changer, trailblazer, what have you... She's kind of female solo version of, say, Huey Lewis and the News: super popular for a few years only to be flushed down the toilet bowl of music industry without even leaving a skid mark.

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2019 8:51 PM

R36 I didn't know Orlando has a hood not a helmet on his dick.

It's nice and meaty though. I'd still suck it.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2019 10:38 PM

R47 He’s English. Of course he does.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2019 10:40 PM

Is she still with Orlando?

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2019 4:12 AM

R49 yes

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2019 4:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!