Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JOY REID IS A HOMOPHOBIC CUNT!!!!

There, I said it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2019 12:37 AM

She should have been fired when MSNBC first learned of her homophobic remarks.

They are full of P.C. bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2019 6:24 PM

She sho' is uglay.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2019 6:24 PM

How novel and timely, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2019 6:24 PM

Yup, and she's now taking revenge on those who were pointing out her homophobic past by railing against Pete at every opportunity she gets. I bet she gets off on it as well.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2019 6:25 PM

I'm sorry but must black Americans are homophobic, including black gays, and that's the truth. It's the church.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2019 6:25 PM

Wait, calling out a homophobe is being a "Boris?"

FUCK YOU!!!!

You're the fucking BORIS, you mother fucking russian CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2019 6:26 PM

Love the neck folds...

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2019 6:26 PM

Divide and conquer, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2019 6:27 PM

Someone please BURN R8 in a motherfucking GREASE FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2019 6:28 PM

"MSNBC stays silent as Joy Reid comes under more scrutiny"

Pressure on MSNBC and its star host Joy Reid grew on Thursday, as embarrassing posts from her old blog—on which she has expressed anti-gay views and promoted 9/11 conspiracy theories—continued to surface.

All the while, Reid has remained on the air, weighing in on topics like Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet and the cancellation of her ABC sitcom.

“This is not new,” Reid said on MSNBC Tuesday about the type of racism in Barr’s tweet. “If you’re able to think of people as somehow less a person than me, it makes it a lot easier to then take that next step and say this person shouldn’t be in this space.”

Conservatives have pounced on the irony of Reid commentating on offensive online comments, and attacked MSNBC for allowing to her remain on the air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2019 6:34 PM

Thanks for your timely report on the events of May 2018, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2019 6:35 PM

Wednesday night, Fox host Tucker Carlson aired a segment highlighting decade-old posts in which Reid expressed views on immigration that sounded straight from the “America First” playbook, including that “flying the Mexican flag on U.S. soil strikes me as incredibly presumptuous and insulting to the US.”

Carlson crowed, “It’s possible that Reid will claim those posts were written by a mysterious hacker, she’s claimed that before, the last time she got caught with embarrassing blog posts. Maybe she’ll blame the entire thing on Vladimir Putin himself or some nameless Macedonian agent.”

And on Thursday, the National Review’s Jim Geraghty tweeted, “Roseanne’s gotta go, but MSNBC host Joy Reid gets a pass for homophobia AND 9/11 Trutherism? Man, being a liberal provides more protective armor than an Iron Man suit.”

The pressure on Reid ramped up this week on Wednesday, when BuzzFeed surfaced old blog posts in which she promoted conspiracy theories suggesting that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were an inside job. Carlson brought her immigration posts to light that evening, and then, on Thursday, Buzzfeed found another post in which Reid appeared to photoshop John McCain’s head on the body of the Virginia Tech shooter. All of this comes a month after Reid claimed that hackers had infiltrated her now defunct blog to insert anti-gay posts.

On Thursday, MSNBC continued to refuse to comment on the host’s situation, as it has since she made her initial hacking claims in April.

Reid hosts a two-hour show on MSNBC on Saturday and Sunday mornings, but offers commentary throughout the week. On Tuesday, she co-hosted a high-profile townhall on race on the network. Valerie Jarrett was slated to appear at the townhall—where she made her first comments on Barr’s racist tweet about her—and Reid’s prominent role seemed another signal that MSNBC is standing behind her.

What started as an issue over views held a decade ago has morphed, in many ways, into one of trustworthiness. It has been more than a month since Reid claimed that she was hacked and neither she nor MSNBC have produced any evidence supporting the allegations. Reid has admitted on air that the cybersecurity experts she hired to look into the matter have been unable to turn up any proof.

It is common for organizations to stay mum while they conduct internal investigations, said Kathleen Culver, the director of the Center for Journalism Ethics at the University of Wisconsin. While MSNBC has previously cited ongoing law enforcement investigations as a reason for its silence, the network has not disclosed whether it is doing its own investigation into Reid.

“Now with a new round of concerns being raised, it’s going to be important for them to let people know what they are doing, if they do stand behind her, if they are considering these old posts in some way,” Culver said. “In the absence of some kind of statement, I think people assume that it means everything is fine and there is no concern about these issues. People tend to plug an information vacuum with their own ideas.”

Reid’s troubles with her old blog actually began late last year, when Twitter user @Jamie_Maz and Mediaite surfaced that, in posts from 2007-2009, she had mockingly speculated about the sexuality of then-Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, referring to him as “Miss Charlie.” Reid apologized for those comments.

“This note is my apology to all who are disappointed by the content of blogs I wrote a decade ago, for which my choice of words and tone have legitimately been criticized,” Reid said at the time.

But in April, when @Jamie_Maz and Mediaite surfaced more anti-gay posts from the mid-to-late 2000s, Reid claimed that her blog had been hacked, and the offending language inserted by somebody out to get her.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2019 6:36 PM

The alleged blog posts criticized gay marriage and claimed that homosexual men prey on “impressionable teens”—messages in conflict with Reid’s status as a liberal stalwart. The posts also targeted Rachel Maddow, now MSNBC’s star prime-time host, for having views on gay rights “at the left-most end of the political spectrum.”

“Most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing,” one of the posts reads. “The nature of political correctness is that gay people are allowed to say straight sex is gross but the reverse is considered to be patently homophobic.”

Reid’s blog is no longer online, so her posts had been surfaced through the Internet Archive. In response to Reid’s claim of hacking, in April, the Internet Archive disputed that its record had been compromised. It is unclear how Reid’s posts could otherwise have been altered, and her claims have been cast in doubt by many.

In April, an MSNBC spokesperson told POLITICO that Reid had referred the matter to law enforcement and that the network would let that process play out before taking any action. The network declined to address the actual issue, though, and instead merely passed along statements from Reid’s lawyer.

Culver said that she does not have strong journalistic concerns over Reid remaining on the air, but added that MSNBC should be concerned with what message it is sending.

“I would be more concerned about leaving her on the air if it were more directly connected to the news that she was delivering,” Culver said, “but I do think they run the risk of looking like they’re giving her a free pass. They do have to be concerned about how this appears.”

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2019 6:37 PM

So brave.

Would you please pass the canapes?

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2019 6:37 PM

R11 is waiting to suck on Joy's homophobic pussy.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2019 6:37 PM

Gurrllll... that WIG!

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2019 6:38 PM

I had to unfollow her on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2019 6:46 PM

MSNBC is full of homophobes

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2019 7:10 PM

Cunt needs to be ground up in a tree chipper and then shit on.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2019 7:32 PM

[quote]They are full of P.C. bullshit.

Do guys like you think "pc" only refers to comments based on race/ethnicity/religion? I mean people have been fired from jobs due to perceived homophobia...why does that not fall under "pc" culture run amok in your world?

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2019 7:43 PM

Her weekend show now is basically a two-hour Pete-bashing fest.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2019 7:51 PM

Ugly is, as ugly does.

She should be FIRED!!

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2019 7:52 PM

A lot of people did this including the DL.....

[quote] ....speculated about the sexuality of then-Florida Gov. Charlie Crist,

OP, R22, etc You are inventing shit. There are much bigger fish to fry! GO FISH

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2019 7:54 PM

Next time Pete appears on MSNBC, if they ever try to attack him, he should turn it back on them, and ask why they haven't fired JOY REID for her homophobic and hateful remarks.

What's good for the goose...

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2019 7:56 PM

My God, that woman is eye-searingly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]Next time Pete appears on MSNBC, if they ever try to attack him, he should turn it back on them, and ask why they haven't fired JOY REID for her homophobic and hateful remarks.

No. He’ll apologize to her for his white male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2019 8:01 PM

R24. the reason why Joy isn't fired is because for some fucking reason, MSNBC can't seem to find any people of color to host their shows.

Joy, Rev Al, and Craig whatshisname are the only ones. Mother fuckers fired all of the others, and are too lazy to find new and better ones.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2019 8:02 PM

So...Tucker Carlson is your friend and Joy Reid is your enemy. I

Is this a troll thread or something? Because many of you are simply fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2019 8:07 PM

Op is a lying sack of shot.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2019 8:09 PM

So Joy Reid DIDN'T make those homophobic remarks, R28 and R29?

Way to twist things around, to fit your agenda.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2019 8:13 PM

Racist pigs and Trumptards are on the thread...nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2019 8:14 PM

R31 - so it's racist to call her out for her homophobia? You are deluded.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote] Racist pigs and Trumptards are on the thread...nothing more

Wait, we're racist because SHE is homophobic, and we're calling her out?

No wonder MSNBC is so chickenshit. They have to face this kind of hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2019 8:19 PM

According to R31, you can only call out racism, but not homophobia.

Oh, okay. I see how it works.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2019 8:19 PM

Would I take Joy Reid over White Supremacist frat boy MF Tucker Carlson? Yes but I would still need her take a damn seat every once in awhile. Lord.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2019 8:21 PM

She looks like something that Aunt Esther shat out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2019 8:22 PM

Joy Reid will burn in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2019 8:22 PM

Lest anyone forgets, Joy Reid "apologized," not because she admitted to making those homophobic comments.

No no no.

She only "admitted" to not remembering that she made the comments. That's what a craptastic pile of garbage she is.

"Joy Reid apologizes for 'hurtful' LGBT comments, doesn't 'believe' she wrote anti-gay posts"

MSNBC host Joy Reid apologized on Saturday for her past comments about the LGBT community, but the liberal commentator was still reluctant to admit she'd written old blog posts attributed to her.

"Here's what I know. I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things, because they are completely alien to me, but I can definitely understand, based on things I have tweeted and I have written in the past, why some people don't believe me," Reid said at the top of her show, "AM Joy." "I have not been exempt from being dumb or cruel or hurtful to the very people I want to advocate for. I own that. I get it. And for that I am truly, truly sorry."

The progressive host's alleged past posts from a defunct personal blog, which contain language critical of gay marriage and claims homosexual men prey on “impressionable teens,” led to a social-media backlash against the host, who hired cybersecurity experts to investigate whether the blog archives had been manipulated.

POLITICO previously reported that the network forwarded a statement from a "cyber-security expert” hired by Reid, who supported the host's claim that the posts on her former The Reid Report blog had been manipulated. On Saturday, Reid backtracked from that claim.

While still refusing to accept that the past posts were written by her, Reid did apologize for a handful of old tweets in which she attacked conservative commentator Ann Coulter with transgender stereotypes, calling Coulter a "dude" and writing "I like my drag queens fierce."

"I apologize to my friends and I want to apologize to the trans community and to Ann. Those tweets were wrong and horrible," Reid said on Saturday. "I look back at the ways I talked about people and gender identity and sexual orientation and I wonder who that even was, but the reality is, like a lot of people in this country, that person was me."

Attributing her past statements to her previous "conservative views on LGBT issues," Reid said that some of her close friends growing up later came out as gay but were initially hesitant to tell her based on how she might react. Recalling a friend from college, Reid said he told her that he was gay, to which she remembers having a "knee-jerk reaction" that it was "so disappointing to the women he could have married." Reid said that her reaction caused her unnamed friend not to speak to her for months.

In concluding her statement, Reid said she is still growing and that she was not then aware of the "great people" in the LGBT community and stressed that she "likes to think I've gotten better over time."

"Even a decade ago, when the country was in a very different place, but I cannot take any of that back," she said. "I can only say that the person I am now is not the person I was then."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2019 8:23 PM

I only watch Ari Melber and often with the sound off.

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2019 8:23 PM

Anyone defending her, please keep this in mind:

[quote] The progressive host's alleged past posts from a defunct personal blog, which contain language critical of gay marriage and claims homosexual men prey on “impressionable teens,” led to a social-media backlash against the host

She is basically saying that gay men are all PREDATORS, who go after "impressionable teens."

This is what Joy believes about gay men!!!!

It's INDEFENSIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2019 8:26 PM

Look at her gross pock-marked skin in R38 's pic. Ugly people are often angry and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2019 8:26 PM

Maybe a grease fire will improve her complexion.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2019 8:28 PM

R39 Mmm Ari 🥰

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Is she still claiming to be a victim? According to her the FBI was investigating the "hacking" of her words.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Thoughts and prayers for poor oppressed Joy, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2019 8:30 PM

Unfortunately MSNBC is stuck with this homophobic cunt until after the 2020 election at least. They can't even fire her now as it would piss off their black viewers.

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote] According to her the FBI was investigating the "hacking" of her words.

This is no different from Jussie Smollett and his false allegations.

Joy should have been arrested and charged for the same thing.

I guarantee that if anyone did even the slightest bit of digging, they would find that she is a LIAR.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2019 8:35 PM

Joy pushed the Jussie hoax to her audience:

[quote] Nooses never really disappeared as messages of a very specific kind of terror, but every time they’re used, my God, it’s chilling. Praying for Jussie’s full recovery. And for us all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2019 8:42 PM

That infuriates me, R48.

I cannot believe that this complete and total FRAUD is still employed by MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2019 8:43 PM

She's got such bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2019 8:44 PM

Joy Reid has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2019 8:57 PM

Joy is incredibly popular with black liberals and her show gets excellent ratings. She’s MSNBC’s only “main” anchor of color. She’s not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2019 9:02 PM

What so going on with these braids??

She looks nearly bald. Her own natural hairline starts somewhere in the center of her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Anybody that quotes Tucker Carlson IS NO FRIEND of the DL.

Another bullshit thread!!!

Sorry Boris.

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2019 9:29 PM

This is all very old news. Is this really the best DL can come up with on a Monday?

by Anonymousreply 55December 9, 2019 9:33 PM

The country has changed very quickly. I think a lot of people might be surprised if what what they said years or decades ago was unearthed and attributed. I do not believe Joy is in any way a homophobe now, and there is no evidence that she is.

She is extremely uncompromising, however, and not interested in finding the truth if it doesn’t suit her agenda. That’s a problem across MSNBC, unfortunately. I don’t think they are blatantly dishonest, but their echo chamber can lead them to very extreme, untethered points of view.

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Her hatred of Pete Buttigieg has the nasty whiff of homophobery.

by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2019 9:50 PM

R52 -This Black liberal begs to differ regarding Joy Reid's popularity. Note, too, that Craig Melvin is a solid presence in the MSNBC daily morning lineup.

I have given up on Joy Reid. She is too hyper, talks too fast and goes on and on to the point at which the guest and audience have forgotten her question. A shame because I like her panelists for the most part, but I find myself muting Joy's dialogue and then tuning into Fredricka Whitfield on CNN for the second hour.

Does MSNBC not know its weekend morning audience? Have they not noticed a ratings drop after "Up?" Jonathan Capeheart was such a welcome relief substituting in Joy's absence a few weeks ago. Even Alix Witt has cut short their giggly gabfest noon handoff in order to escape Motor-Mouth Reid.

No love lost on my part.

by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2019 10:22 PM

It kills Joy that Kamala is out, while Buttigieg is a frontrunner. So she’s going to double down on the attacks against him now.

Ironically Kamala had almost no black support, but you’d never hear biased Joy mention that.

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2019 10:31 PM

This past weekend she was spouting off that “black voter turnout is going to be a problem if there aren’t any people of color in the race.”

Umm, is she unaware that black people are 100% behind Joe Biden, and didn’t support any of the POC candidates??

She seems not very well informed, and mostly tries to make every news issue into a racial narrative.

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Jonathan Capehart was in the College Republicans in undergrad.

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2019 10:41 PM

R60 says,

[quote] Umm, is she unaware that black people are 100% behind Joe Biden,

Funny. Last weekend I heard Joy say that black people are 100% behind Joe Biden, because they don't want to take any chances. They want a sure winner.

Been listening to Fe aux New again?

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2019 10:56 PM

And Orange Menace used to be a New York City Democrat; what's your point, R61?

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2019 11:37 PM

Her emails were hacked and the FBI will soon issue a report on it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 12:17 AM

Joy used to believe all Republicans are racist, but now believes most Democrats are as well.

Why? Because Dem voters did not choose Kamala. According to Joy, YOU are a racist!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Tucker Carlson...defender of homophobe Roy Moore who would be in the god damned senate right now pushing his anti-gay agenda if not for the black vote in that shithole AL, and you expect us to take your stupid asses seriously? Really, FUCK OFF.

What a surprise. The minority who clearly poses no fucking threat to you as a gay person is treated as the bigger threat than the white guy conservative and defender of homophobes. Tucker Fucker Carlson.

Your argument against Reid is a fail when you use Tucker Fucker Carlson as a source. It's like using a drunk driver who just killed a bunch of people to attack a jaywalker.

Shame on you. You think he gives a shit about Reid being a "homophobe"? No, you speed bump. He's sees it as a way to attack liberals. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 12:49 AM

I like Castro cause he has the best ass.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 12:51 AM

This is NOT about Tucker Carlson, R66.

It's about Joy Reid's unacceptable homophobia and her refusal to apologize for it.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 12:51 AM

Bullshit R68. I have heard her apologize on her show. You seem to have Carlson's viewpoint on everything which is full of lies.

Please stop posting complete lies here. It serves no purpose.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]This is NOT about Tucker Carlson, [R66].

Are you fucking brain-damaged or blind? Did you miss the post @R12? I'm not the one who just decided to mention him, sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2019 1:02 AM

R70, now that you keep bringing up Tucker, he was actually RIGHT in this case. Did you even read what he said?

Joy DID end up blaming hackers (again), and DID blame the Russians for her disgusting posts.

[quote] Wednesday night, Fox host Tucker Carlson aired a segment highlighting decade-old posts in which Reid expressed views on immigration that sounded straight from the “America First” playbook, including that “flying the Mexican flag on U.S. soil strikes me as incredibly presumptuous and insulting to the US.”

Carlson crowed, “It’s possible that Reid will claim those posts were written by a mysterious hacker, she’s claimed that before, the last time she got caught with embarrassing blog posts. Maybe she’ll blame the entire thing on Vladimir Putin himself or some nameless Macedonian agent.”

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2019 1:15 AM

Don't all of the black female commentators on MSNBC and the other news show dislike Mayor Pete? Their dislike for him is over the top. I'm not sure who they are for. Kamala had such a good head start and then dropped the ball. It is not Pete's fault that he has out hustled her.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2019 1:16 AM

After seeing OP's pic, we assume Joy's parents chose her name before the birth.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2019 1:20 AM

[quote]Bullshit [R68]. I have heard her apologize on her show.

As quoted above, she has never actually apologized for her anti-gay comments. She says she 1) she doesn't remember writing them AND 2) that she was hacked (she tried to have it both ways)

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2019 1:21 AM

I see that Crazy matt Anscher started stanning for Mayor Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2019 1:27 AM

R74 you can quote Tucker, the crazy ass judge, Hannity., or anybody else on Fox.

I heard what Joy said on her show myself. You are quoting liars.

I thought I told you to leave DL and go play on Breitbart where you belong with the other liars.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2019 1:49 AM

R76 asshole I'm NOT quoting Tucker, I'm quoting Joy Herself!!!!!

it was all public and on her show and int eh press. She literally said those things "She doesn't thin she wrote them" and that she was "hacked'"

Stop deflecting.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2019 1:51 AM

"“I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things because they are completely alien to me,” she said, “but I can definitely understand based on things I have tweeted and I have written in the past why some people don’t believe me.”

"Nevertheless, Reid apologized to transgender individuals and conservative commentator Ann Coulter for making transphobic jokes about her appearanc" (apologized to T not to GLB)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2019 1:54 AM

She is utterly ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2019 4:11 AM

Joy 'Pock Face' Reid.

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2019 4:12 AM

She deserves to be whipped by lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2019 4:13 AM

She's just horrible.

I haven't watched a single minute of MSNBC since this went down & I've stopped going to their web site as well.

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2019 7:33 PM

She has the worst hair on television.

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2019 7:35 PM

Why does Joy Reid get a free pass?

by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2019 7:45 PM

Is Joy the dumbest woman on cable news?

by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2019 12:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!