Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: Sold three years ago, but a beautiful apartment with beautiful views

A Streamline Moderne building on Montgomery Street in San Francisco. It was used in the film noir classic 'Dark Passage" starring Bogart and Bacall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2019 6:06 PM

Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2019 1:54 AM

A $1.5MM 1 BR - SF is out of control. Really limited to millionaires only now. Thank God for rent control. But even with that, the fact that the city is now almost homogeneously super wealthy makes it so much less interesting. If I owned, I would probably sell and live a simple, low stress life on the proceeds visiting a few times a year.

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2019 2:10 AM

Amazing views. I would buy it but renovate the ugly ass blue bathroom in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2019 2:20 AM

Seriously? You couldn't just change out the toilet seat?

Heathen.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2019 2:39 AM

Very interesting. Thanks for posting, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2019 2:45 AM

I like the blue bathroom. And the Bay Bridge views are wonderful. Must be so romantic at night when it's lit.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2019 2:51 AM

Very nice. Even if not at all my style, and I dislike the kitchen, and especially dislike the low ceilings, it's difficult not to imagine that maybe it could be right, for a while at least.

The building featured so importantly in the film. Between the architecture and the location and the views, the $1.5M doesn't surprise me at all for a (large) one-bedroom. It doesn't seems poor value.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2019 3:11 AM

Would that neighborhood be considered Telegraph Hill?

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2019 3:33 AM

r3 - the blue bathroom is great. I love period details.

I just saw the movie for the first time a couple months ago. I thought it was a great apartment then and I love it even more now.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2019 3:36 AM

The views of the bridge and Coit Tower alone are worth $1.5 million. You could throw a tennis ball from the deck and hit Coit Tower.

That apartment would be like living in an old classic movie and I love it. I would feel like Joan Crawford in Sudden Fear. How magical.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2019 3:36 AM

R8, I believe so. Telegraph Hill.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2019 5:00 AM

Somehow, it would feel wrong to get rid of the blue toilet. You either have to embrace the style of that apartment or find something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2019 5:01 AM

The views and the building itself are goreous. I don't think that it's a high price for a landmark building, with those views in a city like San Francisco. They don't make them like that anymore! Since this is DL. I do find the wooden toilet seat particularly hideous, reminding me of a basement rec room in the 70's. Everything else is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2019 10:06 AM

That’s a great old film . Agnes Moorhead as “the pest” is very evil and awesome. Her face was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2019 10:41 AM

Love the front door with the smaller doors for the milkman and other deliveries.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2019 11:26 AM

It would put a smile on my face every morning to brush my teeth at that blue sink. It's a luxury to own something unique and special in this disposable and mass-produced world.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2019 4:23 PM

The only thing I would change are the 4 blue trim tiles above the bathroom sink - those don’t look right, and I doubt they’re original. And the toilet seat, maybe have one made in that shade of blue.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2019 5:17 PM

The Tamalpais building, where the Agnes Moorhead character lived, is still there too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2019 5:33 PM

Nice photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2019 5:55 PM

And more, with floor plans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2019 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!