Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adam Driver is Hollywood's big new heartthrob

A profile of America's favorite dreamboat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2019 1:47 PM

His face is so oddly shaped, it's distracting. I don't find him attractive in the slightest. The straights can have him.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2019 5:27 PM

Well that's a....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2019 5:32 PM

He so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2019 5:34 PM

That's a face that could stop a clock (or a train).

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2019 5:35 PM

I wonder why they're desperate to make Adam Driver happen.

In general, there is an interesting narrative thread that has emerged among all mainstream media outlets that Driver seems to have personified after starring with Lens on her show.

There also seems to be a very hard push by Disney since the projections for Skywalker keep getting qualified with built-in...reasons...for why it might not do well, all blaming "toxic fandom." Focusing on the stars of that seems to be a PR push to get those numbers up.

And of course, not hot, but BDF.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2019 5:40 PM

Heartthrob and dreamboat? Somebody needs an eye exam and eyeglasses! There's no damned such thing as Big Dick Face!

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2019 5:41 PM

he is hideous

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2019 5:42 PM

What does it say about Lena Dunham that we're all in agreement he's hideous, and yet it was also widely agreed that he was way out of her league for "Girls"?

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2019 5:44 PM

Is it me, or does his face just seem to keep growing?

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2019 5:47 PM

He is ugly, but he sure can act. I just watched that marriage movie on Netflix, and his performance was stunning. Poor Scarlett Johansson looked short and stumpy compared to his rangy heights.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2019 5:58 PM

He was sexy in Girls with that body. But it’s already faded. But movie stars aren’t necessarily the best looking - DeNiro, Nicholson, Hoffman. He has a certain macho, testosterone-heavy, stoic masculinity which comes out on screen.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2019 6:13 PM

Hideous

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2019 6:15 PM

I'm glad some gays finally agree with my assessment on a man. I bet if he took off his clothes, showed off muscles and a giant dick, everyone of you would change your minds, but I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2019 6:17 PM

Hearthrob? you must be kidding.

He is an actor so his actor skills is what matters, but he is not handsome by any means

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2019 6:18 PM

He’s so hideous I stopped being interested in Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2019 6:19 PM

“I bet if he took off his clothes, showed off muscles and a giant dick, everyone of you would change your minds”

Of course. Then we’d want Adam Driver to become our Pile Driver.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2019 6:25 PM

R16 more power to you, but I can't sleep with an ugly man, no matter what kind of dick he waves at me.

R13

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2019 6:30 PM

Does he have a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2019 6:38 PM

He looks like jar jar binks, there ain't nothing heartthrob about that face.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2019 6:48 PM

I think Adam is Hollywood's "It" boy right now, because he doesn't threaten the men who dismiss him as ugly. Like, when men felt a bit of comfort when shlubs like Adam Sandler or Kevin James had hot love interests in their movies.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2019 6:49 PM

Adam Driver is interesting in a jolie laide kind of way. He's great in marriage story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2019 6:54 PM

Strikingly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2019 6:56 PM

The person responsible for creating his fab coiffure in his first Star Wars outing deserved an Oscar for special effects. The hair brought balance to his face and just looked so beautiful.

In a way I'm very glad that not every Hollywood male star looks like an underwear model and we get ugly-hot guys like Driver and Michael Shannon. Driver does have a magnificent body, though. And he certainly looks like he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2019 7:04 PM

I saw him on Broadway in Burn This earlier in the year and couldn't take my eyes off of him whenever he was on stage.

I know he's not conventionally attractive, but I swear for me he's got something oddly sexy going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2019 7:24 PM

That thing is what passes for "heartthrob" these days? Good God how our standards have dropped.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2019 7:26 PM

No, just freakin' no!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2019 7:27 PM

Funny how he “accidentally” fell off a ladder at home right before he was going to be deployed

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2019 7:30 PM

ISHC

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2019 7:34 PM

Stage, R24?

Sure.

Close-up Lens. Naw.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote]He’s so hideous I stopped being interested in Star Wars.

It's OK, he wears a mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2019 10:11 PM

R8

An ugly man, especially with a good voice and a nice body, will always be more appealing than a chubby plain woman with an atrocious personality. His character on Girls could be an asshole, but he was otherwise caring and seemed to want to learn from his mistakes, which also places him above Lens/Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote] But movie stars aren’t necessarily the best looking - DeNiro, Nicholson, Hoffman.

DeNiro and Nicholson were once very good looking.

Here's DeNiro when younger:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2019 10:31 PM

Excellent chest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2019 10:32 PM

Jack Nicholson when young and handsome:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2019 10:33 PM

He's got more moles than any other major Hollywood actor.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2019 10:38 PM

Adam has always reminded me of a young Charlie Watts, the Rolling Stones' drummer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2019 10:47 PM

[quote]Funny how he “accidentally” fell off a ladder at home right before he was going to be deployed

What's the story?

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2019 11:25 PM

Yeah, I'm with R10 and R21 -he's only attractive in a jolie lade way, I agree. Like a Jean Paul Belmondo. The reason he's the IT boy is because he's an exceptional actor. He and Christopher Abbott were the only actors/characters I liked on Girls (oh and the other guy with the harelip), but I just finished watching him in Marriage Story just moments ago, too, and yes, superb. I wanted to watch him in The Report, as well. He is good at playing an asshole, but he was really vulnerable in Marriage Story and I found him very moving. When Scorsese wants to work with you, Jarmusch and Baumbach want to work with you, and you're in the SW franchise, that pretty much signals you have arrived. He's got all three corners of the market.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2019 11:53 PM

He looks like a Cubist painting.

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2019 12:31 AM

Also thought he was fantastic in Marriage Story, particularly in the last 20 minutes or so.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2019 12:32 AM

He’s so gross

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2019 12:34 AM

Op is blind.

Op is his MGMT/ PR.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2019 12:35 AM

His face is so lopsided and ugly. You definitely notice him in the movie

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2019 12:36 AM

What I notice is how small his whole head (not really face) is compared to the rest of his body. Most movie stars have big heads and faces or so I've read often enough. His voice is great though.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2019 12:39 AM

Great voice. Oodles of talent. Rocking bod. Apparently nice man. I'd take that over some vapid pretty boy asshole any day......

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2019 12:46 AM

Oh, what do you want, R13? A freaking medal?

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2019 12:58 AM

He's a good actor. But a heartthrob. No.

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2019 1:03 AM

Oh dear, full blown average white guy syndrome: in case of his looks, below average, his acting is average. For that, he is being lauded and applauded.

by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2019 1:13 AM

Does he have Native American features?

by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2019 1:18 AM

^^Oh dear, another racist blocked.

by Anonymousreply 50December 9, 2019 1:19 AM

Why can't we have nice things?

Don't we deserve nice things?

by Anonymousreply 51December 9, 2019 1:20 AM

Idiot, R50, I'm not trying to be racist, you moron! I'm legitimately fascinated by Native Americans. I love NA features. I like studying it.

by Anonymousreply 52December 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Great actor.

Perhaps, he's the foremost example of Jolie Laide in Hollywood since Anjelica Huston.

by Anonymousreply 53December 9, 2019 1:27 AM

It's still ridiculous to me that the breakout star of a show called Girls turned out to be a man. Adam is a huge star now, while Lens is living on a fat farm in Wales and Allison Williams is doing dinner theater probably.

by Anonymousreply 54December 9, 2019 1:28 AM

R54, which one of the girls ISN'T insufferable and just reminds people of "nepotism"?

by Anonymousreply 55December 9, 2019 1:30 AM

I think a man is beau laid, not jolie laide.

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2019 1:35 AM

Driver has a dynamic inner beauty, sexiness, and machismo even though he does not have a pretty face. He is strung, buff, his body easily commands a stage or a film.

Women who are NOT beautiful find this appealing. If Driver can be considered a hot sex symbol, maybe an ugly woman isn’t so terribly awful

by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2019 2:21 AM

His body doesn’t look all that great. Buff?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2019 2:26 AM

Look at a lot of the successful actors right now. Our standards are much lower.

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2019 2:49 AM

The stuff nightmares are made of. Coyote ugly.

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2019 5:15 AM

"Not conventionally handsome" would be the old-fashioned way of putting it. And yet when he is performing he can be incredibly compelling and even sexy (as noted above when the production knows what to do with his hair the results can be amazing). His interviews, though, can be rough going, as he comes across as painfully shy, even when he is trying to be game and support his projects.

Of course, he really has the textbook example of BDF.

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2019 5:49 AM

He looks like the near-miss brother of someone actually attractive.

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2019 5:50 AM

The Report on Amazon Prime is a must watch. Driver is very good and it’s riveting stuff. It’s really disgusting what the CIA did at all of those black sites considering they never got a single piece of information that prevented a terrorist attack.

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2019 5:53 AM

Acromegaly face.

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2019 5:58 AM

Yes, I saw The Report last week. His face is shown all lopsided in it, which it is. In other movies, they shoot him from different angles and you can't really see how ugly he really is. You see it all in the film. He's uglier than you thought he was.

There is nothing special about his performance in The Report. merely average.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2019 5:40 PM

His appeal is mostly to women. He does have a bit of sexiness, but he's not they type gay men want. Women love him because his role in Girls had him actually wanting the Lenz, an idiot, crazy, self indulgent oinker. So straight women think, "If he can love and be attracted to HER, surly he'll fall for me!"

by Anonymousreply 66December 9, 2019 6:32 PM

Shame. They should let us pick our stars - brad Pitt and John travolta popped off the movie screen when we first saw them. True movie stars. Adam not so much.

by Anonymousreply 67December 9, 2019 6:50 PM

I don't understand his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2019 7:01 PM

Did he show dick in "Girls"?

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2019 7:14 PM

He was terrific in BlacKkKlansman.

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2019 7:17 PM

R48 / The Average White Guy troll is either Oleg from Russia, steadfastly working to get his borscht ration, or a black lesbo from Lipstick Alley. Whichever one the AVG Troll is, the proper response is initially scorn and mockery, followed swiftly by blocking it.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2019 7:55 PM

He is truly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote] I don't understand his appeal.

I didn't, either. And then I saw Marriage Story. He's not over-hyped.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2019 8:13 PM

He deserves the Oscar for marriage story. Hopefully they don’t give it to that freak Joaquin phonenix

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2019 8:15 PM

I don't get the hype or the hate. He's not ugly, he's just painfully average, both in looks and in acting talent. You can tell he was a military man just by looking at him, he has the average soldier face and build. He isn't being marketed as Hollywood's new It boy, that's just what Disney's trying desperately to do. He was cast in Marriage Story for the same reason Scarlett Johansson was: big name actors from successful movie franchises chosen to draw in attention to a film that would've flown under the radar completely if you had cast two nobodies with the same level of talent as them. However, he's surprisingly charismatic and funny when given the opportunity. Unfortunately he rarely gets it and is instead being marketed as a sensitive bad boy type, which is only serving to highlight how boring and average of a person he is.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2019 8:35 PM

So is he like the new Paul Dano?

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2019 1:44 AM

I refuse to pay to watch an ugly to average person do anything dramatic for 2 hours. I get that shit for free daily.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2019 4:57 PM

I tried to watch The Report. It was too boring to finish, and watched almost an hour. I couldn't go on. We know this story. It had nothing to do with Adam Driver. I wouldn't have watched it it had starred Timothee. Or Jake.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2019 5:00 PM

I tried to watch Marriage Story and I had to turn it off after the first line. What a cliche and stupid look at a relationship in decline. Horribly fake characters. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2019 5:06 PM

R79, you knew all of that after one line?

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2019 10:46 PM

R80 When the first line is a husband relaying what stupid shit he likes about his wife, yes, I can get that from one line.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2019 4:10 AM

I find this surprising especially at this time, during the me-too movement. Wasn’t he accused of assaulting women not too long ago?

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2019 5:28 AM

His face looks like a melted jigsaw puzzle. Can you imagine what it'll look like in 10 years?

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2019 5:54 AM

This is a HEARTTHROB?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2019 5:58 AM

He makes Steve Buscemi look handsome.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2019 6:03 AM

Ew, though.

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2019 6:24 AM

I've thought he was hot since the first movie I saw him in. Would love for him to fuck me oh God. He would be great.

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2019 6:32 AM

[quote]I find this surprising especially at this time, during the me-too movement. Wasn’t he accused of assaulting women not too long ago?

That was a rumor started by some trolls on either 4chan or 8chan in the wake of The Last Jedi (released just a month or two after the Me Too started.)

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2019 6:34 AM

While I think he's weird looking, I also think there's a good chance he'll look better as he gets older. He still has the supple skin of youth, which looks good on beautiful people, but, on a weird-looking man, it looks greezy and skeezy. His skin drying out and getting more craggy will suit him well.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2019 6:35 AM

It’s interesting because in the last few years they have given him a subtle nose job and chin implant and he’s still quite unattractive but there is something self deprecating about him which is refreshing and a bit sexy I guess.

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2019 6:57 AM

You're not allowed to say e is ugly because that would be anti-Semetic.

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2019 7:29 AM

He looks smelly.

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2019 8:00 AM

He's the opposite of a heartthrob, decent actor though. It's a good thing that an actor is successful despite not being conventionally attractive for once though, shows it's based on talent.

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2019 8:27 AM

Impressed. Not my type but good.

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2019 8:28 AM

He sings well in "Marriage Story" and it's his voice.

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2019 8:45 AM

he's not Jewish r91

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2019 8:49 AM

I don’t find him that attractive either but I bet he has a big ass dick!

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2019 9:33 AM

Why does r91 think Adam Driver is Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2019 10:03 AM

bulge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2019 10:07 AM

I remember in the theater watching TFA when Kylo Ren took off his mask. The audience started laughing.

I guess he's handsome adjacent. Is he part native American?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2019 10:18 AM

His emo-Vader is the worst part of the awful new Star Wars films. Laughably unthreatening.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2019 3:25 PM

He’s definitely not a “heartthrob” by a mile! I want to see super hot guys on my movie and tv screens, not this half-breed looking nerd. Same thing with fat fraus in commercials and tv......it’s just gross. Tv and movies should use pretty people, that’s their purpose.

by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2019 3:50 PM

R84, women aren't as shallow as men for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2019 4:22 PM

R84, Actually, that is a flattering photo of him, not as repulsive as others.

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2019 4:27 PM

He's an example of "Streisand syndrome": odd looks but talent, charisma and sex appeal to burn. That's what makes him interesting and a star.

Unfortunately THE REPORT does none of the actors a favor-it's all awkward exposition and reportage and not enough drama. Poor Annette Bening spouting reams and reams of facts. It's no ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, fer sure.

by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote] Is he part native American?

Wikipedia only mentions 'Dutch, English, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry'. He does look NA though.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2019 5:12 PM

He sho is UGLAY hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2019 5:16 PM

Looks promising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2019 5:18 PM

He looks a bit Neanderthal.

by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2019 5:47 PM

He's kind of a chinless Martin Landau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2019 6:25 PM

For those who DO appreciate Adam, which film of his do you think shows his off best? Not "Girls" because I am NOT watching that and it's not a film.

by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote] He makes Steve Buscemi look handsome.

Beauty is subjective.

by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote] For those who DO appreciate Adam, which film of his do you think shows his off best?

Paterson

by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2019 9:08 PM

I hated The Report. It clearly wanted to (rightfully) blame republicans for the atrocities committed, but was too scared to so they pretended like Bush had no fucking clue what was happening and was completely innocent. Yeah, sure.

by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2019 9:22 PM

No discussion re the weirdness of his marriage or his ongoing thing with Charlize.

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2019 9:33 PM

R115 He's a straight actor who's started to cheat on his wife once he got famous. Not special.

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2019 9:40 PM

Uggo.

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2019 8:54 PM

His droopy boobs have their own DL thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2019 8:57 PM

He has a nice butt, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 13, 2019 8:58 PM

[quote] He looks like a Cubist painting.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 120December 13, 2019 8:59 PM

Further proof that the lookers end up on the CW. You want to be a Movie Star, you have to be a little off. I love him, especially his story and odd trek to stardom.

by Anonymousreply 121December 13, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote] I refuse to pay to watch an ugly to average person do anything dramatic for 2 hours. I get that shit for free daily.

Classic DLism. B

by Anonymousreply 122December 13, 2019 9:10 PM

^Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 123December 13, 2019 9:11 PM

Is this heartthrob label because he killed his father (Han Solo)?

But seriously, he does have considerable charisma and atypical good looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Jolie Laide? Since when did he have sex with Angie? And who laid whom, I'd like to know?

by Anonymousreply 125December 13, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] women aren't as shallow as men for the most part.

Liking guys who are rich or who [italic]star[/italic] on the silver screen across the planet - does not make one less "shallow".

Now if females preferred bus drivers over golden-boy Hollywood actors - maybe that would be less shallow.

by Anonymousreply 126December 13, 2019 9:39 PM

He's fantastic in Divorce Story. The last fight he was in with his ex was so moving. But he's not hot at all.

by Anonymousreply 127December 13, 2019 11:10 PM

Been there done that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2019 1:56 AM

Adam's our love child ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2019 1:58 AM

Can we bring Harvey W bak? Because Hollywood has really lost its mind without him steering a large mart of the ship.

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2019 2:01 AM

R130 Hi, Harvey! I didn't know you were allowed to use a computer while on house arrest!

by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2019 3:36 AM

^ by the mouse in his pants

by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2019 5:04 AM

Not handsome, but he's got a pleasant, sonorous voice and a surprisingly solid build - the face looks like it belongs on a skinnier body. Plus he's a good actor and he's usually in interesting projects. Just finished shooting a Leos Carax film with music by Sparks. Could be terrible, but I still wanna see it.

by Anonymousreply 133December 14, 2019 9:21 AM

His ass is average but still hot.

by Anonymousreply 134December 14, 2019 12:34 PM

There’s nothing “big” or “new” about this AWG. Well, maybe his nose is big (and hopefully his cock.)

by Anonymousreply 135December 14, 2019 1:32 PM

Suddenly, he's the frontrunner next to Joaquin. If there will be an upset...

Also, who knew Laura Dern would become the one to beat in Supporting for the same film? Netflix or not (and I hate Netflix "movies"), I will watch it many times, no doubt. Big Baumbach fan from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2019 3:24 PM

R136 she was so annoyingly great in it. Perfect divorce lawyer.I agree she was wonderful. But I still go down to loving Driver. He broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 137December 15, 2019 11:20 AM

Marriage Story was way too black and white for me. After turning it off the first time I finally sat down and watched it. It was boring, something shallow masquerading as something deep. The characters felt fake, like dolls. The story itself was incredibly stupid, divorce doesn't work that way and people don't immediately turn into selfish monsters once they fall out of love with each other. The filmmaking was competent, Baumbach knew how to set tone appropriately by using drab, lifeless, empty colors. Scarlett was good (as always, which is why it pisses me off that Hollywood's avoiding her). Driver could've put a bit more feeling into his words and his face but other than that he was alright. I think the scene where he breaks down and sobs was so shocking to me because it was an amazingly raw and emotional performance, something I'm not used to seeing him give. In Girls, in Star Wars, hell, even in some scenes in this he gives incredibly tepid performances. This demonstrated he's at least got some potential, if he ever hops off Disney's gravy train, which is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 138December 15, 2019 3:21 PM

It’s the sane fraus who bought into the notion that Benjamin Cumberbatch was a hot sex symbol. I suspect the hype started foe both, from a bunch of ugly ass studio PTBs who wanted to live vicariously through an ugly male “sex symbol”. Then these dumb fraus bought into the hype hook, line, and sinker.

There’s not-handsome but indie-hot kind of way, like an Alan Rickman or Daniel Day Lewis, but Adam Driver is just fug with a capital F. His presence and acting ability also falls well short of the two aforementioned examples.

by Anonymousreply 139December 15, 2019 4:28 PM

AD looks like what happens if Anjelica Huston Garry Shandling had a love child hit by an ugly stick.

by Anonymousreply 140December 15, 2019 4:31 PM

NOPE. No. Please, not today.

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2019 5:00 PM

His voice irked me so much in the first few minutes of Marriage Story that I turned it off. He is not the least bit attractive, imo, but he did a great job portraying the conflicted shiftiness of emo Kylo Ren.

by Anonymousreply 142December 15, 2019 7:42 PM

Friends who are in Hollywood have told me that his success infuriates all the lifelong theater majors and people who took years of post-collegiate acting classes-- there's a sense that he went straight from the Marines to "Girls" because Lens wanted to fuck him. [Reality is that he actually went to and graduated from Julliard after the Marines. But got cast in Girls just three years later.]

They've also said that he's in a good place because he more or less looks and acts his age (36) and so many of the Hollywood actors around his age--everyone from Zac Efron to Ryan Gosling--still has that Peter Pan thing going on, they seem like kids.

He's not handsome but there is something striking about him--it's a face you don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 143December 15, 2019 7:59 PM

Bottom lime: like most Movie Stars, he is a true original.

by Anonymousreply 144December 15, 2019 8:12 PM

Only a white guy could be this ugly and become a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 145December 15, 2019 9:06 PM

It's how Kael wrote about Streisand and I am paraphrasing: "She is like a million other girls on the subway and yet not like any other. She's the typical and the extraordinary and that's what makes a star.."

by Anonymousreply 146December 15, 2019 11:27 PM

He's strange-looking, and he's a powerful actor who can turn on a big presence when he needs to. Not everyone can do that.

by Anonymousreply 147December 15, 2019 11:55 PM

Excuse me, R145?

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2019 6:23 PM

Two words.... Big Dick !! He’s either slinging it around or taking it ... the marine masc appeal probably helps too.

by Anonymousreply 149December 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Ugly assed bastard

by Anonymousreply 150December 22, 2019 2:02 AM

Hearthrob where??! Because I know you’re not talking about that ugly motherfucker in OP’s picture.🤢

by Anonymousreply 151December 22, 2019 2:04 AM

Define heartthrob

by Anonymousreply 152December 22, 2019 2:32 AM

Something about him screams "homophobe" to me.

by Anonymousreply 153December 22, 2019 3:40 AM

Come again, R145?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 22, 2019 6:07 AM

What he lacks in looks, he more than makes up for in talent.

That said, why are they pushing him as a heartthrob? He has the looks of a character actor, not a leading man. Hollywood should accept that.

by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2019 8:38 AM

He's a character actor, as R155 said. He just was fantastic in a leading role. I don't think anyone thinks he's a leading man. Least of all him.

by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Hideous looking. Pubey facial hair, fugly face, nothing-to-speak of body.

Thanks, R32. De Niro was so fucking hot then. THAT'S handsome. Driver? Every time I see. a picture of him I cringe. So goddamn homely. And those moles!

Anyone who likes Driver...he's ALL yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2019 1:13 PM

A few years ago he gave excellent guest star turns on SVU and a few other weekly TV prime time dramas. Good voice. Can he act? Should I bother to see in a film if he's not showing dick?

by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2019 1:25 PM

Yes, he can act. The only problem is that you have to look at him while he's acting.

by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2019 1:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!