Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Was Behind George Michael’s Weight Gain?

Was it a sign of illness or did he just pig out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2020 11:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2019 7:31 AM

I still don’t buy his official cause of death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2019 7:32 AM

Pig out

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2019 7:45 AM

Pig out & illness.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2019 7:47 AM

Lipodystrophy from long-term HIV infection.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2019 7:50 AM

When George Michael became Boy George...

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2019 7:51 AM

He was an old Greek man. That's what they look like

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2019 8:18 AM

Steroids for heart disease. Lipodystrophy is the result of older HIV treatments and I'm sure GM was on the newest HIV drugs.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2019 3:49 AM

If he wore an assless outfit at that size to a basketball game, it would COMMAND respect!

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 3:51 AM

Edema?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 3:53 AM

He lost Faith?

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2019 3:58 AM

Steroids. Steroids give a particular look, fat face with chipmunk cheeks. A lot of times the face is much fatter than you would think, in comparison to the body size.

Depends on the dosage. The higher the dose, the fatter the face. I know someone who had to take a very high dose of steroids, she gained forty pounds in a month. A lot of it is water retention, but she also said she was hungry constantly while on steroids, to the point that she would get up in the middle of the night to eat.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2019 4:02 AM

A careless love of pastry.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2019 4:17 AM

I love cola

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2019 4:20 AM

He went from looking like a hairdresser from Queens, to an old clone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2019 4:31 AM

[quote]Steroids. Steroids give a particular look, fat face with chipmunk cheeks.

Correct, this is why Gary Coleman had that look

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2019 5:34 AM

He looked real piggy and dirty the last ten years of his life, which he was

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 5:52 AM

Booze bloat and food.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 6:32 AM

Maybe he just didn't give a fuck about appearing photo-ready every day?

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 6:51 AM

Don't know anything about marijuana's effects other than rumors, but smoking MJ up to 25x daily must make a person hungry. Corticosteroids will make everyone hungry and cause weight gain and edema. I must ask why would GM be prescribed corticosteroids when he has HIV? Also, if he had heart disease, corticosteroids wouldn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 7:38 AM

^To amplify, certain steroids are used when a person is in shock or near end of life. They're also immunosuppressants. When I heard GM talk about his drug abuse, I wasn't surprised about his appearance. After his public restroom arrests, hospitalization and tracheostomy, I didn't tell I assumed he was HIV+ and extremely ill. R2 may have a point, but the heart simply can't handle the party/drug abuse lifestyle GM had. We don't know true extent of GM's drug abuse. That will eventually snatch the life out of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 7:57 AM

He really did look bloated.

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 10:34 AM

ALL THAT BOOZE N' SAUCE

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2019 10:36 AM

The fattest he has ever looked.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2019 10:40 AM

This, I think, is what happens to cocaine/amphetamine abusers once they get clean. Their metabolisms are thrown completely out of whack, and when they stop the drug use the pounds just pile on.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2019 10:44 AM

He had millions of dollars plus lifelong bad habits. What a stupid question. He probably had ten types of addictions. He clearly was on his way out for years.

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2019 10:46 AM

I vote for eating.

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2019 10:46 AM

Who said he had HIV?

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2019 10:47 AM

I doubt he had the aids. He clearly had a martyr complex so that is the only reason he'd date someone with the aids for years like he did.

by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2019 12:19 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2019 12:35 PM

R29. Your statement does not make sense. It sounds quite homophobic. All his lifestyle choices reads like someone who had hiv.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2019 3:26 PM

R31 I am sure it does, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2019 3:54 PM

R32. Your reply is so childish and you sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2019 4:10 PM

R33 I am sure it does, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2019 4:13 PM

R34. Do just hear that word idiot.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2019 5:33 PM

He was hiv + for real?

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2019 5:39 PM

R36, yes, his boyfriend published that. It's in another thread on The DataLounge. GM had over 500 sex partners and was arrested twice for anonymous sex in public restrooms. It's a matter of mathematics.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2019 5:43 PM

I for one feel awful seeing GM in these pics, knowing it was the last stage of his life. He was a very tortured, yet beautiful person. I hope he's in peace now. He'll always be a beautiful soul to me. If the medications made him gain weight (and it does look like steroid moon face), how sad.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2019 5:46 PM

Did George say he had 500 sex partners? Wasn't he getting blown in public? Please, most gay men today have over 500 partners.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2019 5:47 PM

He was with someone with HIV?

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2019 5:47 PM

No one dies from HIV today. Why would George?

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2019 5:47 PM

R39, please speak for yourself. Not all bi and gay men are whores. R39, yes, that's what GM said. He was doing a lot more in public than blowing. R41, his cause of death was heart failure, which another commenter pointed out he does not believe; neither do i. But as I commented, GM's drug abuse was long-term and heavy, which the heart can't sustain.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2019 5:49 PM

R41 and yes, people die from HIV/AIDS daily.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2019 5:52 PM

At the article at R14, Mr. One Night Stand said that GM liked Champagne, Coca-Cola, and chocolate.

Ex-lover Kenny Goss says GM liked Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream, PG Tips tea, Coco Pops, "junk food," McDonald's. Also:

[quote] “We’d get takeaways in. George loved an Indian. He liked pasta, chicken, fish, not much red meat, meals from Marks & Spencer. He thought Marks & Spencer was ‘it’. He loved a Sunday roast chicken," Kenny admitted.

GM was Greek. I always thought Greeks would have good taste in food, like Italians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2019 6:21 PM

All possible medical reasons aside, the guy looked deeply sad.

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2019 6:26 PM

At the article at [R14], Mr. One Night Stand said that GM liked Champagne, Coca-Cola, and chocolate.

ONFG I bet this news rocked your cunt to the core. Jesus Christ what a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2019 6:35 PM

R44, McDonalds? I ate a Big Mac once and vomited! Don't understand how people eat that stuff and I'm American! When they switched from lard to vegetable oil for the fries, that ruined them. R45 of course he was sad.. In the documentary, he said he smoked weed up to 25x daily. His brain was fried. He had sex with a hood on and got fisted. Obviously self-hatred. I don't have the link to the thread, but look it up on here about revelations from his last BF. I have several of his CDs.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2019 6:35 PM

He knew himself well enough to keep running away. Terrible predicament. A very brave friend of mine, faced with full blown AIDS diagnosis made it his business that he was going to die at peace with himself and the world. He took up Buddhism, brought his sister to live with him and showered her in love and money. He went to museums and art shows, galleries, the ballet (he was a dancer) and ate healthy and refused all medicines - even when he had shingles. He saw his friends and was always quite loving and interested, if a little strange. He lived another 2 and half years, by which time he had stabbed his sister, gone through almost a million dollars in insurance payout and become raving with Dementia. His beloved sister had to have him committed, though he kept getting back out. He was delusional but seemed rational. Until sometime later that night. The point of this sadness is that of course he didn't die at peace, he was violent and angry and hurt the ones who tried to care for him. He left them with nothing but guilt, heartache and bills to pay. He died in hospice and spent a few 'peaceful' days in a coma before he passed.

We don't always get what we want. I think that George tried more than once in rehab to change his habits, but the loss of his youth, health and creativity made him continually want to escape. He hadn't really had much success in love either. So I don't blame the whore who probably tried to keep GM alive while he catered to his more basic desires. George Michael conquered the world, but had little use for it. If he were an everyday bloke, he might have reached the next plateau and had a more content final act. His intense depression was not about to let him alone though.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2019 6:46 PM

R44 GM was half Greek Cypriot. The other part was English with some Jewish ancestry as well.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2019 7:41 PM

(R38) I agree there was beauty in George's soul and unfortunately to go along with it some fatal flaws in the man. It's too bad the toxicology report was never released. Obviously, no one can abuse hard drugs, smoke, drink and then add life long depressive issues to the mix and not have it catch up later in life. He abused his body for a long time and luckily it never caught up with his voice. I'm grateful for that and as far as I know he was never in concert stumbling around incoherent like other rock stars. A mythological reading of his death is a compassionate one. Whatever George's faults he did try to help people while he was alive and didn't ask for praise since it was all in secret. His music is a very positive contribution to the world that has and will continue to help people through hard times. He was lucky he didn't hurt/kill someone in those driving mishaps especially when he crashed his car into Snappy Snaps. I'm inclined to look at his death and say the Gods decided to have mercy. I don't think it's a coincidence he crossed over on Christmas early morning since his mom's birthday was Christmas Eve. I think he went to bed thinking about her and died with that on his mind. He was a good man but horribly conflicted on just about every level there is. It cost him his life.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2019 10:25 PM

R48 hilarious. Hope he stabbed that bitch good.

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2019 11:13 PM

A giant fucking cautionary tale. The simple life is the best life, and yes you can pull this off with immense wealth and talent.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2019 11:24 PM

He ate a lot?

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2019 11:41 PM

R52 some peoples are just born lifelong addicts and that means theys of course will die young. George had like ten addictions all at once. She lived life on her own terms.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2019 11:44 PM

(R52) I agree it's a cautionary tale and the best way to view George's life and untimely death. It's a shame because George was an intelligent man and should have been smart enough to know what drug use would lead to. It sounds like stubbornness was his biggest fault really. The simple life is the best, and drugs are no answer for anything. This will always be a sad life story and a big loss for music.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2019 11:08 PM

R55 Mary! STFU. Addiction has nothing to do with intelligence. It is the same with religion, some believe in it, others completely reject all the Jesus crap. Some people are just addicts and that is that.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2019 11:18 PM

"It sounds like stubbornness was his biggest fault really. "

Not self-indulgence?

OP, can I ask if you're the guy who on another thread, said he was going to devote the winter to finding out everything possible about George Michael?

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2019 11:33 PM

I'd argue self-indulgence is a form of stubbornness. It's saying I'll do anything I want to my body and don't care what it does to me. Slowly killing yourself is a stubborn act.

by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2019 1:25 AM

R58 what people wanna do to their body is none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2019 1:34 AM

Yes, it's not my business but I can still have an opinion about it the same as you.

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2019 2:36 AM

Opinions are like assholes, and you are the biggest asshole.

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2019 4:40 AM

George had a big asshole. Two fists and he wanted more.

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2019 5:25 AM

A whole football team's fists wouldnt be enough. He really was addictive.

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2019 8:16 AM

Together with his boyfriend, he wanted to be known as:

FADI & FATTY

by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2019 8:35 AM

Have you thought about that his diabetes (type 1) played a part? Together with his predisposition to gain weight, both genetic.

by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2020 1:29 PM

Finally some answers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2020 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!