Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Astrological Signs You Avoid

1. All Leos: They’re very fun to be around, but I never met one that wasn’t a shit-stirring, back-stabbing Sociopath.

2. Libra Men: Steal credit from others, duplicitous, sex addicts and fake as fuck.

3. Pieces Women: Brewing with silent anger and two-faced who act all cute & innocent.

by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2020 10:31 AM

"pieces women"

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2019 10:38 PM

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2019 10:41 PM

I’ve never met a Scorpio who wasn’t batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2019 10:43 PM

All Cancers - Emotionally unstable and very secretive. They also like to lie to make themselves look better.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2019 10:44 PM

Libras are super skeevy but at the same time I’m always drawn to them. I try not to discriminate based on sign though

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2019 10:45 PM

Pieces Parts

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2019 10:56 PM

I wish I could stab you, OP.

Oh, oops, I’m a Leo.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Sagittarius - They love to make fun of others and try to pass it off as “joking”, but if you dare try to do the same with them, they have a complete meltdown. They are the perfect example of being able to dish it out but can’t take it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2019 10:58 PM

I say when you top mental illness to the mix, it really doesn’t matter what your astrology sign.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 11:01 PM

All Leos are obsessed with themselves. Some are merely self-confident, others are full-on NPD.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2019 11:18 PM

Gemini. Shut the fuck up. You don't have to fill every waking moment with pointless chit-chat.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2019 11:21 PM

I am an Aries married to an Aries. It works.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2019 11:26 PM

R10 jealous, much?

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2019 11:33 PM

R3

Can confirm. Both my parents were Scorpios.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2019 11:59 PM

I’m a Taurus and I tend to avoid all people when I can. However, Scorpios are my favorites, as crazy as they can be, because they’re so cunning and magnetic.

I also like Virgos, although they tend to drive me batty with their controlling ways—but as long as I can call them on it and shrug it off, it works fine.

Finding out someone is a Gemini raises my hackles, but we always seem to get along really well.

Pisces people can wear on me because, I guess, they seem to be so compassionate and sincere and supportive and I get freaked out when people try to care about me. And now we’re into TMI territory, and so I shall stop.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2019 12:02 AM

I avoid people (ppl) who think astrology is worth the slightest attention.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2019 12:09 AM

I’m married to a Taurus, I’m a Leo.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2019 12:33 AM

What about Capricorn? Jan 4 the BD. Are they crazy?

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2019 12:38 AM

Just what we need--a DSM-5 astrological chart...

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2019 12:54 AM

R16, then you'd hate Mommy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2019 1:02 AM

All of them. People who give credence to Astrology are airheads. My life is richer without them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2019 1:05 AM

All Leos, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]I’m married to a Taurus, I’m a Leo.

I’m a Leo and there is a Taurus guy I kind of like. How is your relationship with your Taurus? And most importantly, is he good in bed?

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2019 1:15 AM

All Leos move to LA eventually

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2019 1:15 AM

Capricorns are sexy AF.and Aries too.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2019 2:18 AM

Well I'm a Sagittarius and I can tell you I know why it's a fire sign. My long term spouse is a Cancer a water sign. So you get my drift rght?

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2019 3:03 AM

Chiron signs are interesting. They are your "deepest wound" and these things are surprisingly accurate.

Find your Chiron sign using this table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2019 3:13 AM

I’m an Aries, but I’ve calmed down quite a bit from my younger days. My partner is a Libra. We mix together well.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2019 3:14 AM

And then use this article to find out what your Chiron sign means to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2019 3:29 AM

Wow R29 - that is spooky! Mine was 100% spot on exactly and I'm in therapy working on the exact issues. I never heard of Chiron until now. Very cool!

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2019 3:55 AM

I avoid Aries. Great to fuck, not to date. I’m a Capricorn. An Aries broke my heart years ago, which sparked my passing interest in astrology. I also kept falling for Geminis, all with the same result: bad. Lol...It’s interesting, but it doesn’t guide my life. An Innocent amusement...

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2019 4:56 AM

Anyone who takes astrology seriously is not meant to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2019 5:48 AM

I always avoid people who believe that astrological signs are anything but fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2019 5:54 AM

I mean how more obvious can it be that Leo DiCaprio is a big ol’ fashioned gay

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2019 5:54 AM

You're welcome R30. I think knowing your Chiron sign can be helpful. Mine was absolutely spot on as well.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Someone should start a Chiron sign thread.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2019 5:55 AM

I fall to pieces...

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2019 6:55 AM

But.....I'm a Libran male, and well........I'm kind of perfect.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2019 7:17 AM

Like R33, I don't believe in this superstitious shit. However I do avoid heavily-tattooed and horribly-pierced yobs --- those people with mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2019 7:28 AM

The Geminis I've met are the biggest shit stirrers - they never let anything go and are constantly stirring up trouble. They need constant attention, validation and stimulation and if they are offended by something (even if they caused the problem), they're out for blood and go on a campaign to destroy the person's reputation.

That is, of course, based on my personal experiences with different signs and sun sign archetypes. There are perfectly good and even amazing Geminis (Michael J. Fox, Anne Frank, Stellan Skarsgård). I just have rarely met these ones.

Astrological discussions tend to be predicated on sun sign stereotypes and these usually don't tell the full story. I like to look at the full chart, particularly the moon and the ascendant. Scorpios (not my sign) have gotten a bad rap but I've found them to generally be trustworthy and very interesting and there are a lot of non-Scorps who have a Scorpio moon or ascendant who I think are great people.

I can find the good in every sign. I've just had the most problems with crazy, controlling Geminis these past few years.

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2019 8:03 AM

[quote] Gemini. Shut the fuck up. You don't have to fill every waking moment with pointless chit-chat.

There was a 'what star sign are you?' poll on here years ago and, no surprise, there were a lot of Geminis. Was datalounge 'born' in June?

And we're coming for you, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2019 8:10 AM

We can’t help it: We‘re interesting.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2019 9:04 AM

When the Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide our planet and love will steer the stars.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Taurus.......the cow.

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2019 9:12 AM

While I don't necessarily believe in astrology.......I don't think it's any more insane than , say, Christianity, Judaism, or Islam.

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2019 10:46 AM

Astrology is faker than Pamela Anderson's boobs. What idiot would pay any attention to anything about astrology? What's next? Tarot cards and reading tea leaves?

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2019 11:13 AM

How is that any "Faker" than the immaculate conception, R46? Or Jesus rising from the "dead"?

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2019 11:26 AM

R47 wish you'd seen my criticism of the immaculate conception. I knew when the intimate details of that were described in grade 8 religion class in catholic school I was being told lies.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2019 11:39 AM

I am a professional astrologer.

This thread is the kind I should avoid.

You all are batshit.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2019 1:18 PM

R49, a professional astrologer is like a flux capacitor! LOL

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2019 1:25 PM

R27, here's what my "Chiron sign" says of me: "Your main problem can be forgiving others too quickly .... Consider that you take on far too much guilt."

Actually I think this is the exact opposite.

If Chiron in this case refers to the "small body" orbiting the sun between Saturn and Uranus, how the hell does it get planet status in astrology? Begone, half-man!

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2019 1:36 PM

I've found Pisces to be the most eerily psychic, the most sensitive, slightly manipulative, and best looking out of everyone I've dated. Gemini's are too be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2019 1:43 PM

R51, I don't buy anything about astrology, but I went to that Chiron sign thing. I believe it's entirely coincidental that my Chiron sign summary is basically accurate. If there are only 12, then odds are it's doable.

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2019 1:44 PM

Okay, R50, I could have said I am a retired clinical psychologist. But that seemed less relevant.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2019 1:46 PM

I like astrology a lot. I think it’s fun and it promotes introspection, and it has a respectable history. It’s considered a pseudoscience now, but it is really fundamental to modern sciences. According to the Folger Shakespeare Library “Shakespeare Unlimited” podcast, medicine during Shakespeare’s era was foremost astrology. And yes, as documented in Shakespeare’s plays, doctors were woefully inept at the time. But astrology is a study of the movements and complex relationships among astral bodies, and that study involves noting all of them, tracking them, projecting how they move in their own trajectories and how they affect one another gravitationally. It’s math and observational science, and it led to greater understanding of math and sciences that evolved into higher math and sciences. Astrology is also a phenomenon that occurs among human cultures globally, and something that ties us together on the planet and also through time, since so many myths are “stored” in constellations.

It feels disrespectful to me to dismiss astrology altogether.

Also, I do have a grain of a feeling that there is something to the concept. The Sun and the Moon unquestionably have physical effects on this planet and they profoundly affect behaviors of all living creatures. The Sun literally gives us life. The Moon literally moves the oceans. Many creatures reproduce according to 28-day lunar cycles. Corals reproduce en masse under the full Moon.

My sister does child protective services, and part of her job is taking incoming reports. She has been doing it for over 15 years, and she always knows where we are in the lunar cycle because she says that, reliably, there are always more abuse reports around the full Moon, and her office in fact plans vacation time and staffing concerns according to it. She doesn’t believe in horoscopes/birth charts, but she accepts this as reality because it just is reality in her line of work.

We become conscious and unconscious according to the Sun’s presence in our lives; it gives life to the planet. The Moon affects geographic aspects and behavioral aspects of the planet it orbits. So realizing this, it doesn’t seem crazy to me to think that other celestial bodies’ movements also may affect us in subtler ways, like moods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2019 1:46 PM

R54, if that's the truth, that's entirely different than a professional astrologer. That won't change my opinion that astrology is balderdash. A copy-and-paste of my "Chiron sign":

You are a champion for the underdog, always ready to remind others of how special and important they are. However, you can have trouble absorbing that lesson yourself, and you may go through many years of telling yourself that you count and that you sometimes need to prioritize yourself to feel whole. You know it in your head, but it’s hard to practice. Keep trying! Helping others express their strengths is a real knack, and with time, you can learn to apply this to your own life.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2019 1:49 PM

Snopes.com: 'Did the FBI Reveal the ‘Most Dangerous’ Zodiac Signs?'

A number of sketchy sales sites created a rumor that the FBI had released a study ranking zodiac signs by propensity for criminal action.

"We contacted the FBI to determine whether any such research had ever been undertaken by that agency concerning zodiac signs and criminality. The Bureau informed us that all information of that nature was freely available on their web site, a search of which returned content related only to investigations relating to the Zodiac killer and files that included the brand name 'Zodiac'.

In a 23 June 2016 e-mailed reply, a FBI representative stated:

'We have contacted the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Units and were unable to find any record/information confirming any study of zodiac signs of killers/serial killers contributing to higher rates of criminality.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2019 1:53 PM

R56, astrology like psychology are about the relationships between instincts, feelings, and ideas inside someone. The counseling I did as a psychologist is not much different from what I do not that I work as an astrologer. It is just the form and ideological base that are different.

You cannot get either from a recipe book or online site. Such sources cheapen both disciplines. (And yes, I also had people tell me that psychology was BS on the basis of some passage from a pop psych best seller.)

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2019 1:54 PM

R51 Your nastiness indicates just how deep your wound goes. I have compassion for you and so does the Universe.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2019 1:56 PM

Astrology is a big part of Kabbalah and mystical Judaism, which goes back a long time. There is some legitimacy to the science. Like R55 said, it's fun, not to be taken too seriously and if it can be used practically all the better.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2019 1:57 PM

R58, you're being serious? People have told you that psychology is BS? Phooey on them! I'm timid to open the link in R57, but of course I shall. If you were a licensed psychologist, your opinion is more valid than mine and I believe in an open mind, but I'm not going to open it to astrology any time soon. There are 7 billion people on Earth and only 12 zodiac signs.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2019 1:58 PM

You're a Virgo, aren't you R58?

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Everyone's specific astrological profile are different R61.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2019 2:01 PM

Are we suddenly in a singles bar in the late 60s or early 70s? What's your sign?

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2019 2:03 PM

Scorpios are brilliant people who will throw you the hottest fuck of your life. Be good to Scorpios and they will be great to you.

Geminis are maddening because you never know which of the twins you will be dealing with at any given moment. It could be the smart twin or it could be the stupid twin. It might be the kind twin or it might be the vicious twin. Pity the person with two Gemini parents.

Virgos are worthless and controlling people who can never see the forest because they are obsessed with counting the trees. Virgo is the worst sign and those born under Virgo are not just to be avoided, they must be shunned.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2019 2:08 PM

R65 must you know your daily horoscope? If a man had to know my zodiac sign and judged me solely on that, I don't care how good his dick and ass are, I'd kick him to the curb without delay!

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2019 2:15 PM

R65, I just tallied the best men I've had. None of them are Scorpio. Ding, you lose.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2019 2:22 PM

[quote]Virgos are worthless and controlling people who can never see the forest because they are obsessed with counting the trees. Virgo is the worst sign and those born under Virgo are not just to be avoided, they must be shunned.

Bang on, r65. I work for one and he's so controlling, gets angered easily, plays mind games, thinks he's so "clever" with his manipulations and a total sociopath. No morals, ruthless, schemes, and just an all round nasty jerk. I never met a Virgo until him and it's amazing to think this innocent "virgo" virgin sun sign is actually one of the most devious. Yep, to be avoided at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2019 2:26 PM

Capricorns are shallow, cold-hearted em effers.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2019 2:30 PM

Would love me a Taurus man. They are wonderful, gentle, kind, conscientious people.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2019 2:31 PM

Sun: Taurus

Moon: Taurus

Rising: Sagittarius

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2019 2:33 PM

For the most part I have never heard a bad word about Taurus, except that they are stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2019 2:35 PM

Which sign has the best dick?

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2019 2:35 PM

Scorpio, r73.

- The World

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2019 2:37 PM

What R69 said.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2019 2:37 PM

R74, sorry, I already invalidated that claim because I tallied up the best dick I've had in my life and none of those men are Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2019 2:39 PM

R72 We can be boring to people who like doing more than they like thinking.

If you can get past the misuse of “then” instead of “than” at the beginning of this article, it describes me almost exactly—with one exception. Taureans supposedly are obsessed with good food, and I’m not at all. I do graze like a moocow but part of the reason I don’t socialize much is because everyone I know just wants to sit their asses down for hours at restaurants and eat and drink and honestly it’s one thing I have little patience for. Food just isn’t entertaining to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2019 2:41 PM

R72 Even the Taurus' dark side ain't that dark. If you've got a solid Taurus than you are lucky.

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2019 2:47 PM

I'm a Gemini and nothing like the people here are describing. I'm quiet, shy, not controlling at all. I keep to myself. So I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2019 2:54 PM

Virgos.

I don't have to know outright that someone is a Virgo but if I feel a strong dislike for someone on first encounter, chances are 99% they're this sign.

Also Cancers. The name says it all, really.

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2019 3:03 PM

R78 I gravitate toward darkness and I have very dark fantasies and I don’t deny any of that to myself. But I only want to do good things in the world and I tend to be optimistic in the worst of times and try to think of constructive ways out of even horrible situations that are brought about by horrible people.

Both personally and professionally, people seem to just take for granted that I am there doing what I do, certainly not super ambitious or extraordinary—and I am fine with that—but it seems like people gravitate to me during crises, from the two CEOs I’ve worked for to colleagues and friends and family. This feels to me to be a pretty typical role of a taurus, and the symbolic animal makes sense to me.

We’re just sturdy, solid, unassuming creatures that tend to mind our own business and contemplate things. Exceptions to the rule are when someone needs us or when someone goes too far in trying our patience. That’s when the worst and the best come out.

But mostly, even bulls don’t attack. They charge and chase problems away when necessary.

The one mistake people who know Taureans make is that they think we are all moo and no bite, and once we’re triggered to attack, since it *really* takes a lot to violate our patience, we’re perfectly willing to follow through. We don’t really make threats. It’s tolerance, tolerance, tolerance, tolerance, and then you get gored and say you had no warning. I’ve known people who thought I was simply and inviolably mild mannered and were shocked and terrified to see me explode.

Which is one more thing I can criticize Taureans for: we are “nice people” and as a result we don’t always communicate very well about what gets on our nerves. And then when we can’t take it any longer, that’s the end of that. I have had friends who had annoying tendencies I never told them about and then, after obsessing over those things, I just distance myself and basically sever the relationship, and I understand that from their perspectives it’s not fair and it seems inexplicably cruel. And at the same time, I feel like, well, we’re clearly not compatible and I was really patient with you, so—it didn’t work out. Sorry. Best to move on.

My psychiatrist once told me I have “an all-or-nothing personality,” and I think it’s true and I think it’s true of a typical Taurus. We’re lazy, focused grazers. Or else we’re charging at a problem, intent on ending it by chasing it away or goring it through the guts.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2019 3:15 PM

I had a boyfriend who said "I am a Taurus, we change our mind all the time, and I make know apologies". I should have know then he was 100% bottom, but I ignored the warning signs.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2019 3:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2019 3:18 PM

R82 I am a Taurus and I change my mind all the time and I make no apologies. I used to be 100 percent bottom when I was young and I have less than zero interest in taking anything up my ass now.

But I may change my mind later.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2019 3:19 PM

Are you European R84

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2019 3:21 PM

R82 I'm a bit confused. How could one not have a basic knowledge of his boyfriend's desire in bed? R84 that's not unusual. When I came out, I topped a few guys. I had no intention of bottoming until I found a LTR. Unknown to me, my 2nd boyfriend was 100% top and asked to top me. He hit my spot and I shot like a cannon. Then I got more versatile. Time passes and attitudes change. I won't say no if the guy I'm with wants to sit on my dick.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2019 3:23 PM

R85 No, why? I’m from the US. My ethnic background is about half Irish (but they came here in the 1850s) and about half English with a little Swiss (but they were here by 1700, according to Ancestry DNA).

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2019 3:25 PM

R59, you're calling me nasty because I called Chiron a half-man? He's an imaginary creature and I'm quoting Ovid!

I repeat that that "Chiron" diagnosis describes the opposite of my "wound."

by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2019 3:38 PM

None, because I'm not a fucking crazy person who thinks people's personalities are based on what month they were born.

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2019 3:40 PM

R86 - I was stupid and he said he wasn't a bottom, but my friend could tell of the bat. Blinded by love? We also weren't a couple that was super into anal.

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Shirley Q.Liquor knows all, sees all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2019 3:53 PM

R90 ah ok, just curious. I was too naive young. Had the hots for an engineering student, so a mutual friend set us up. I wasn't into anal unless dating. So I invited him to my place and made dinner. We end up in bed and invited him to stay. Turns out he was 100% bottom and desperate to get plugged! I was satisfied where I left things, but he wasn't and was mad, so told everyone! Learned a lesson. Men should talk before sex. Many guys just won't.

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2019 4:24 PM

I didn't realize until recently that Tauruses have a rep. for having bad tempers. The ones I've known have all been pretty even-tempered although I've met a few Aries and Geminis on the cusp of Taurus who have serious rage issues.

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2019 4:33 PM

R51 / R88

My apologies. 🥺 I thought you were calling me a "half-man". I thought you were taking it out on me that your Chirom sign is actually opposite to your personality.

I'm sorry, you're not nasty and I shouldn't have called you nasty.

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Apology accepted, R94. I would never blame you for Chiron's inaccuracy, and I have no doubt that with other people he has more success in pinpointing their wounds.

by Anonymousreply 95December 8, 2019 6:49 PM

My Phrenologist told me I was a good soul and generous to a fault.

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2019 8:12 PM

I'm a Scorpio, and agree that we tend to be crazy. But I'm a very loyal friend and partner. My BF is an Aries, and it's taken us a long time to learn how to ignore each other when that's needed.

by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2019 8:41 PM

Thanks R51 / R95.

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2019 12:05 AM

R23 my husband who is a Taurus lacks a sex drive. Male issues. I’m a Leo and I like to go have fun, etc. He is more a homebody. He is stubborn as a mule. I tell it like it is and he is learning, too. We have been together 20+ years.

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2019 12:22 AM

R61, yes, many people think psychology is BS. And for the same reason that they feel that way about astrology--they have read something oversimplified BS and think the whole thing is BS.

They may only be twelve signs, but you got 10 planets in your chart, asteroids (if you choose to include them), nodes, ascendant and descendant each of which is in one of those signs. Plus you consider the relationships between the above. And the signs themselves are in different portions of the wheel for different people.

What psychology and astrology have in common is that they are languages to describe how people function. And like any language they can be used skillfully or badly--but they are not worth a lot in an of themselves. They are valuable in how they allow people to communicate, understand, and help each other grow.

Counseling skills are counseling skills no matter what system you use to apply them in.

Because astrology is based on mathematics and geometric relationships it can feel more grounded than psychology which is supposed to be based in observation, but in the hands of many practitioners is based on instinct and empathy. But both can only be practiced in partnership with the client, using what the client chooses to present to you.

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2019 3:01 AM

R100 thanks for that explanation. Glad I was here to receive it. However, I'll stick to psychiatry and psychology. As for astrology, i'lll leave that to you.

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2019 3:20 AM

R100, you make an OK description of Psychic Friends Network, which is, of course, claptrap too. $5 / minute, please.

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2019 3:33 AM

Everything is frequency/vibration - 3,6,9

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2019 11:11 AM

[quote]I’ve never met a Scorpio who wasn’t batshit crazy.

They're SEX obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 104December 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Yes, we are. And ain't it great!

by Anonymousreply 105December 9, 2019 11:29 AM

I don’t avoid any of them. I did have a two faced Gemini hurt me and a wishy washy Pisces try to cheat on me who then tried to turn and blame it on me. Cancer friend to ruin my life as well. That was frightening. I am now married to a very kind, loyal and sensual Scorpio who can get in dark moods every now and then which I just avoid until he bounces back. His love and passion make up for it. I absolutely do think that there is something to astrology but the whole chart has to be looked at not just the westernized sun sign. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2019 11:39 AM

Cancer friend *tried to ruin my life

by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2019 11:40 AM

[quote]My BF is an Aries

Loyal sensual sex-obsessed Scorpio here. Been beguiled by an Aries for a while, so would like to hear more R97 about how you see your Ram.

by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2019 11:49 AM

My Sun is Aquarius, my Moon is in Cancer and my Rising Sign is Scorpio.

I'm curious as to how others would perceive me if they found this out about me. Would you want to date me? If yes, why? If no, why?

Also; what is evil about me based on the fact that I have a Cancer Moon?

by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2019 6:42 PM

Venus in Scorpio is where it's at, baby!

by Anonymousreply 110December 9, 2019 6:50 PM

Mmm, mmm. mmm R110! Scorpio in Venus? Oh yeeeaaahhh!

by Anonymousreply 111December 9, 2019 6:51 PM

I think the people who think astrology is bullshit misunderstand it and don't realize it's a bit more complex than just main signs. There's a lot of variation. This is Icelandic artist Bjork's chart, which is shockingly extremely accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 9, 2019 7:03 PM

R108, I know that he's very brave and impetuous. He's had to learn a lot more caution over the years, since he now owns his own business. But even that took a lot of courage and risk-taking. I'm much more cautious, so I admire him for that. Our relationship used to be pretty volatile, but with (a lot) of time, we just trust each other. We both really tormented each other with sexual jealousy when we were younger, but we've matured and mellowed. I'm very proud of him. I grew up with an Aries Mom and brother, so I guess was pre-adapted.

R97

by Anonymousreply 113December 9, 2019 11:06 PM

I'm R72. I am a Taurus. I think we have excellent qualities, but we can be in a fighting mood that is dependent on the situation, if it is good or bad. Knowing me, as a Taurus, you really want me as an advocate for you or your pet.

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Thanks R97/R113, glad things are good for you both.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2019 6:04 AM

We need to get these Gemini (Trump and Pence) clowns out of office.

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2019 12:18 AM

Capricorns are cheap and boring.

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2019 12:27 AM

Aquarius people are cold and rude. Never met one I liked. Aries and Sagittarius are both overly argumentative and downright mean. Gemini people are full of themselves and flaky. And we all know about Scorpios.

I guess there’s shit parts of every sign. Of course it’s all because of the placebo effect and people molding themselves to a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2019 12:38 AM

I love cancers. They may be moody but they’re ride or dies!

by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2019 3:55 AM

You guys are freakin' nuts. All the people in the world can't be categorized into 12 groups! What about Leos and Libras?

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 4:26 AM

[quote]If Chiron in this case refers to the "small body" orbiting the sun between Saturn and Uranus, how the hell does it get planet status in astrology? Begone, half-man!

It doesn't. Detailed charts include asteroids and other celestial bodies.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 4:51 AM

Isn't the moon tidal locked with earth? So is it pretty much always the same distance from earth when it's on it's ellipse? Or are there times it's farther away and that is why the rides happen?

So your telling me since we're 60 % water too that our bodies are also affected by this gravitational pull. So that's why parents are more inclined to beat their children during a full moon. The tug of the moon's gravity is slightly annoying and that slight annoyance sends a borderline abusive parent into Mommie Dearest mode.

Of course solar flares started WW 1 and 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 6:12 AM

Put the crack pipe down OP, and get real.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2019 6:16 AM

I don't believe the things like the Pattern. It's very nicely and comfortingly written but it could apply to anyone. I played around with the different dates and if you think it's for you, you can read into and internalize it. More or less it's aspects of the human condition that we all go through from time to time.

The best thing about astrology is the nice introspection you can get from thinking about life situations and relationships. Any advice for any sign can be worth a look.

Taking it extremely seriously when the great Astronomers like Steven Hawking don't see any merit at all is a bit daft. Another thing that connected people across cultures was sacrificing people and animals to the Gods, and building temples to try to get physically closer to the Gods so as to be heard by them. Does that seem smart to you?

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2019 6:21 AM

SLYTHERINS

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2019 6:21 AM

R121 All celestial bodies are called planets by astrologers. This includes the Sun and the Moon. Unlike Isaac Mizrahi, they know the differences between planets, stars and moons, but astrology has a long history going back millennia and the tradition is to call all heavenly bodies planets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote] I also kept falling for Geminis, all with the same result: bad.

ME TOO.

by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2019 1:06 PM

If you fall for a Geminii, you better fall for both of them, because the 'other' one is always lurking and about to strike.

by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2019 1:09 PM

I would avoid anyone who put an ounce worth of value in a person's astrological sign.

by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2019 1:12 PM

"People cannot be divided into 12 astrological groups."

They're not. In all fairness, they are not divided into 12 groups. Your full astrological reading is more complicated than that.

And who is to say that the planets have absolutely no bearing on human behavior or that there no connection at all between humans and the system of planets that surround them?

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2019 1:42 PM

R130 STEPHEN HAWKING? oh sure, be like Eddie Redmayne if you want to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2019 1:48 PM

Stephen Hawking was a Capricorn.

That helps explain his not letting his physical illness stop him from climbing to the top of his field like any good goat.

by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2019 2:11 PM

"Sagittarius - They love to make fun of others and try to pass it off as “joking”, but if you dare try to do the same with them, they have a complete meltdown. They are the perfect example of being able to dish it out but can’t take it."

That sounds like 95% of people at the Datalounge, R8.

by Anonymousreply 133December 14, 2019 2:31 PM

Bless you for that r70

by Anonymousreply 134December 14, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote]All celestial bodies are called planets by astrologers.

Chiron is labeled as an asteroid on my chart, along with Lilith, Athena, and some others, but point taken.

by Anonymousreply 135December 14, 2019 2:39 PM

R58, R126, R130, as a longtime member of SAE International with a career in aviation, I'm aware that before the modern era, the human race navigated by heavenly bodies, kept time and date via them and used them for other purposes.

Rocket science is not that difficult, so I've never understood why some people say, "It's not rocket science." Today's term today is aerospace, but my area is "aero,", not "space". The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) replaced the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA). People will probably never colonize space. The excellent song "Ball of Confusion" of 1970 criticizes crazy gov't actions like shootin' up rockets while chaos rules on Earth. Sounds just like today.

Nobody should ask friends, business colleagues and a potential spouse intimate details about birthdates, time of birth and birth locations to determine compatibility. An ethics course in university taught that's wrong. To obtain my "Chiron sign" I had to supply all the aforementioned info. I may have missed my birth time by only 5 minutes. My most important point is that would change absolutely everything in my alleged "astrological profile," which should prove my humble hypothesis that astrology is bullshit.

I consider who people and their souls are by their words, but mostly by their actions and how they live. If they're ethical, law-abiding and treat animals, minorities, children, poor and impaired people decently or well, then I know he or she is a person I want to have in my life. A well-known, retired friend and colleague volunteered before he died, "Most people are no damned good."

by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2019 1:16 AM

R132 So is Eddie Redmayne

by Anonymousreply 137December 15, 2019 11:20 AM

R136 = Virgo

by Anonymousreply 138December 15, 2019 11:21 AM

R133 I'm not a Sagittarius, but my moon is in that sign. And yes, the description applies, up to the point of can't take it.

There's more to an astrology sign than just sun sign. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 139December 15, 2019 11:22 AM

1, Aries women - very aggressive, anti-authority especially if you're male, their tempers goes 0 to 100 at the flick of a switch. 2, Cancerians - very irrational, clingy, emotional

I agree that there's bad qualities to every sign, but those two types for me are the worst. For me, the most controlling are scorpio, libra and virgo. Virgo has an annoying way of being pendantic or will correct you. Scorpio can be very passive aggressive, expect you to open up and share nothing of themselves in return. Libra hides all their judgement underneath a veneer of nicey-nice bullshit fakery, but mostly harmless.

I think Sagitarrius and Aries men typically are sexy but never want to settle down. Sagi are as much as a bitchy gossip as Gemini. Gemini's are pretty fun - as a friend. I wouldnt date them. Capricorns are great fun, if you have a dark sense of humor, Taurus & Pisces sometimes can be dull but thats fine. The January born Aquarius tend to be too full of themselves. The february ones are more entertaining and nice. Leo's can be manipulative but if you mix up compliments with insults its easy to keep them off balance and have fun.

by Anonymousreply 140December 15, 2019 11:44 AM

R138, sorry, you're way off! Like that hogwash about Scorpios being the best at sex & making love. All the best I've had are nowhere near Scorpio. And I have high standards. Everyone who knows my sex life says, "You've had lots of hung men & big dicks!" I didn't plan or pursue that, things just happened that way. I'll never forget the beer can/fireplug dicks. One guy was an idiot who didn't heed my advice, forced himself too fast and I came hard just after his head was in. The jerk was mad and said sarcastically, "Oh, you just came." I guess he thought I wasn't being honest.

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2019 6:18 PM

R138 [quote] Like that hogwash about Scorpios being the best at sex & making love. All the best I've had are nowhere near Scorpio

How do you know they weren't Scorpios? I thought astrology is hogwash to you

by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2019 2:28 AM

R142 I don't have sex with complete strangers. I know the birthdates of my best lays except 1.

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2019 3:07 AM

R1423 Fine. Spill. Who's the best/worst, in your experience?

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2019 3:14 AM

I am Cancer sun and have found I tend to clash with air signs, specifically Aquarius, who annoy me beyond words. I also don't care for most of the fire signs, save Sagittarius, who I find fun and jovial in doses. I avoid Aries at all costs--they are the child of the zodiac and are repulsively petulant. Leos can be okay, but their unwarranted cockiness (which is actually a mask for their deep-seated insecurity) can rub me the wrong way. I have several Leo friends, and I always end up being the one calling them on their bullshit, which inevitably leads to arguments.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2019 3:15 AM

I don’t date Leo’s I don’t have enough money to finance their fucking acting careers.

by Anonymousreply 146December 26, 2019 3:01 PM

I used to think astrology could sense because surely the environment you are in as a rapidly developing baby could affect your character and personality. A infant just learning to interact and smile at say, six months, would probably have more opportunity to socialize if this period coincided with winter, when people are home more. A child of 15 months becoming steady on their feet in summer would have more opportunity to explore.

Then someone told me about the Southern Hemisphere.

by Anonymousreply 147December 26, 2019 3:18 PM

R147 LOL. I think their water goes down drains the opposite way. Right now its the NH's winter while it's the SH's summer. I'll stick by my assessment that astrology is hogwash.

by Anonymousreply 148December 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Fuck you r69 I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 149December 26, 2019 3:54 PM

Have to agree about Virgo being the worst. Some really fucked up people. Fine for casual acquaintance but don't let them close.

by Anonymousreply 150December 26, 2019 4:08 PM

R150 If a Virgo licked your hole you'd turn over all your possessions, life savings and get married. All of you are nuts. Astrology is junk.

by Anonymousreply 151December 26, 2019 4:50 PM

I'm a Cancer and I've been trying to avoid myself my whole life.

by Anonymousreply 152December 26, 2019 4:56 PM

Cancer with Scorpio rising, moon in Scorpio, Venus in Virgo, Chiron in Pisces. Apparently I'm a mess: moody, borderline nuts, and sexually inhibited.

by Anonymousreply 153December 26, 2019 5:08 PM

Any and all astrological signs who believe in astrology.

by Anonymousreply 154December 26, 2019 5:12 PM

Pisces men...ugh. Confused fantasists and liars. Way too nebulous and rarely understand what their own true motivations are. Insecure and anxious...you will feel sympathetic and protective only to find out that everything they tell you might be BS. At the same time, I do believe they are tapped into some other reality, some very spiritual (if not religious) realm.

by Anonymousreply 155December 26, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote] The January born Aquarius tend to be too full of themselves.

Bitch! Are you a Sagittarius? I bet you are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2020 12:02 PM

Leos are fucking horrendous human beings and have caused most of the drama in my life.

by Anonymousreply 157February 25, 2020 8:30 AM

Check out this website. It combines Western and Asian astrological personality profiles and seems to be very spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2020 10:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!