Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

V of BTS voted most handsome in the world

This member of BTS has been voted most handsome in the world for three consecutive years. What do you think? He looks like Zayn Malik but taller, prettier and a great dancer/singer..

I wondered what the big deal was about BTS so I decided to watch their videos and I'm hooked. They are so cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397February 19, 2020 3:16 AM

Ummm huh.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2019 4:41 AM

Uh, no, thank you. Next.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2019 9:40 AM

Nah, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2019 9:47 AM

I'm sexier in action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2019 10:16 AM

Let me save posters the effort in typing their predictable DL responses that the idiots think are clever. All you'll have to do is write the number.

1. Ewww. Kill it with fire.

2. Him ? Sum Ting Wong.

3. Is he trans?

4. Micro-peen

5. Ching - Chong

6. I want a MAN, not a girl

7. Me love you long time.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2019 10:30 AM

You cannot have eyes, hair, face shape or skin tone like that and be considered handsome by anyone's lowest standards

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2019 10:32 AM

Good god, NO, nothing attractive ab out him at all

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2019 10:36 AM

Will he now suicide as well?

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Only white people can be attractive!

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 10:38 AM

He looks like Zayn Malik? You weren't even trying with this bullshit. An Asian man looks like a Pakistani man now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2019 10:40 AM

It's not that he is Korean that is the problem, it's that's he not very attractive. There are far more sexy Korean men out there.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Zayn is far better looking. This kid looks like he was assembled in a South Korean plastic surgeon's office, which I am sure he was.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2019 11:03 AM

I’m not into boys who wear too much lip gloss and eye liner.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2019 11:11 AM

As a straight woman he is not attractive at all. He looks like a trans female to male.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Did all of these guys have that weird Korean surgery to look feminine? It’s so interesting to me that their standards of beauty/handsomeness are so different than the west’s. I prefer a strong jaw and chin and non feminine features myself.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2019 11:31 AM

R5/R9 If seeing V makes your nipples erect, then pinch them and enjoy the view. More power to you.

He does nothing for me, however, and all the attempts to police who we find attractive won't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2019 11:35 AM

He looks like a middle aged lesbian

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2019 11:37 AM

How a boy band from South Korea became the biggest in the world

(CNN)In February 1964, an English boy band called the Beatles made its US television debut.

Beatlemania, the intense fan frenzy directed towards the fab foursome, was gripping America and the group's performance at the Ed Sullivan Theater was punctuated by fervent screaming from the studio audience. In May 2019, over 55 years later, another band of foreigners played the same theater. The visual similarities were striking -- and intentional. The Korean newcomers sported the same style of slim-fit suits and floppy bowl cuts, emblazoned their name on their drum kit in the same font used by the Liverpudlian hitmakers, and even made their broadcast in black and white. But this wasn't the Beatles. It was BTS -- a seven-man South Korean mega-group which is quite possibly the biggest boy band in the world right now.

In April, BTS became only the third group in 50 years to have three number one albums on the Billboard 200 charts in less than 12 months, joining the ranks of The Beatles and The Monkees. The next month, BTS became the first group in Billboard history to spend five weeks at number one on the Billboard Artist 100 chart.

Like the Beatles, BTS had traveled from another continent to perform for their enormous American fan base. But that the South Korean stars had managed to crack the American market was perhaps an even greater achievement. Most of BTS's songs are in Korean, the group only has one fluent English speaker, and they were selling Americans a distinctly Asian brand of sex appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2019 12:01 PM

This is why I could never get into Manga and all that anime shit. They are all made up to look like elves. To me it's full on body dysmorphia.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2019 12:07 PM

The picture at R18 looks like a lesbian meetup.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2019 12:59 PM

None of these kpop pretty boyband types have any sex appeal whatsoever. They are selected to appeal to preteen Asian girls and their DL counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Don’t compare the beatles with bts, please.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2019 1:29 PM

He needs a silkwood shower~! Only then, would I consider taking his virginity.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2019 1:41 PM

I'm guessing this poll is something only 13-year-old weaboo girls vote in.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2019 1:48 PM

Did the definition of handsome change?

He's not ugly, he's just not... handsome.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2019 1:52 PM

Every time I see "BTS" I keep thinking I'm going to be reading an article about the serial killer - "BTK."

I think whoever named them made an unfortunate choice.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2019 1:52 PM

They look like a bunch of trannies.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Actually they look pre-sexual

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2019 1:56 PM

We would all like to welcome OP Helène Keller to our forum!

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2019 2:38 PM

He looks like pedo-bait.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2019 2:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2019 3:34 PM

Jungkook is the sexiest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2019 10:45 AM

asians are ugly

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2019 10:46 AM

R18: They are not the biggest band in the world by any means. I find funny that the K Pop bands generally skip the critic of being totally prefabricated, in fact they are way more controlled than the usual boybands.

Their music is bland but catchy.

And the guy is handsome, that's true (but Malik was more attractive before he became a druggie)

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2019 10:52 AM

Asians have zero relevance or sexual currency in Western countries. Ain't never gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2019 11:19 AM

R33- racist

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2019 12:38 PM

R33 do fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2019 12:40 PM

R34, BTS came from a smaller production company which gave them more freedom as artists to write most of their songs. The one thing that is very controlling is their public image. I don't think these guys have had girlfriends and if they did, they keep it very well-hidden or maybe some of them are gay. I know that Suga declared himself bi. The younger one, Jungkook ( R12) was slammed for possibly a tattoo artist (a girl) and then in another incident was demeaned by fans and the press for causing a car accident.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2019 12:50 PM

^^possibly dating a tattoo artist.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2019 12:51 PM

As seen on the cover of Non-Threatening Boys Magazine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2019 12:53 PM

[quote] They are not the biggest band in the world by any means

And by what expertise do you have over Billboard and CNN? So who in your opinion is the biggest boy band? You know, the ones who can see mega stadiums in 10 minutes? It's not only prepubescent teenage girls that are fans, I know grown men and middle-age women who are fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2019 1:08 PM

I think a lot of the derogatory remarks here are because they're a non-white, non-English speaking band.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2019 1:11 PM

Enjoy your fame and money while you can boys because it is very fleeting and will likely be gone by the time your 20. Saving and investing money earned is the best way to have something lasting beyond all the memories.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2019 1:15 PM

R38: I find very interesting that in some terms they are like western singers in the 70's where a hearthrob can't be married or having a girlfriend. Right now if you are a singers whose main audience are teenage girl you have to at least have a fake girlfriend. But for them it's the opposite, they have to hide any personal relationship, which is almost as sad as having to fake it

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2019 1:22 PM

R41: Let's be serious, they are pioneers in the sense they are the first (or almost the first) k Pop band in having some impact on the western charts. But they don't even had a single top 10 hit on the UK and only one top 20. And in the USA their impact is very limited (none of their songs got that much airplay, and sales only were big on the first week of the release).

You are not the biggest band in the planet when you have zero impact on the two biggest markets. And they are not huge in Europe either.

And they make generic K Pop, there's nothing grounbreaking.

Are they successful? of course they are, but the biggest band in the planet, not even close

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2019 1:25 PM

"Enjoy your fame and money while you can boys because it is very fleeting and will likely be gone by the time your 20. "

Your 20 what?

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote] As a straight woman he is not attractive at all.

I agree — in fact he’s make a very ugly straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2019 2:24 PM

So ...”V of BTS?” Is this really how we are designating people now? If so how do I get my own code?

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2019 2:25 PM

^^^he’d

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2019 2:26 PM

The gossip around Houston is that BTS will appear at the Houston Rodeo next year.

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote]V of BTS voted most handsome in the world

This World?

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2019 2:38 PM

Do these guys have that Korean jaw shaving surgery that the women have and the double eyelid surgery? I find it odd that their features are extremely feminine when most Korean men I have known have masculine features like square jawlines . Anyone here know if that is the fad over there?

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2019 5:20 PM

V of BTS, real name Kim Taehyung, is one of the few kpop artists I find attractive. His features aren't as feminine as the others

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2019 6:34 PM

He's 23. even with make up on his face still looks masculine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2019 6:37 PM

barefaced

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2019 6:41 PM

that neck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2019 6:43 PM

he's known for manspreading

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2019 6:46 PM

He doesn't have my vote, certainly.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2019 6:48 PM

a deep soulful voice to match

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2019 6:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2019 7:43 PM

All of the boys are now in their 20s and look a lot more masculine now. I think V is pretty but he seems like the dumbest member of the group. The one I find the most charismatic and talented is Jungkook. I can't take my eyes off him when he's on stage. He's called the Golden Maknae because he's good at everything, besides his musical skills, he's good at sports and painting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2019 9:55 PM

If BTS were to break up, he would be the one to make it on his own.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2019 9:58 PM

He looks half Middle Eastern in my opinion. The transformation would be complete with facial hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2019 7:54 PM

Ansel Elgort with V (guy with the hat) and RM (leader of the group)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2019 8:26 PM

I was surprised that they did a reality tv show in Los Angeles with Coolio the rap star in 2014. I would think their English would be better by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 7:11 AM

Um, OK, if you say so.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 8:02 AM

Androgynous/Pretty boys do not exist exclusively in Asia, I bet the ones who keep calling this guy ugly are the same ones who drool over western "pretty boys" like Chalamet or Styles,who both are 10 times uglier than V.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 11:53 AM

He's better looking than everyone from One Direction

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 12:03 PM

Does it have a penis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote] You are not the biggest band in the planet when you have zero impact on the two biggest markets. And they are not huge in Europe either.

I wouldn't call Europe one of the biggest market. US still is but Asia has moved to the forefront. It's not so much their singles that have made money, it's the massive amount of money they've made touring. They sold out Wembley stadium in 90 minutes so I don't know what you're talking about and all of their concert tours in the US were sold out immediately. They're worth 6 billion a year to the Korean Economy and the reason tourism to Korea has increased.

They bring an excitement to the stage la la Michael Jackson--not so much the singing but the out of this world choreography and the stage presence. However, the non-stop touring and performing is starting to take a toll on them.. Here is the early days when their dancing was more focused and fresh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2019 8:44 AM

Here are some hot Korean guys that DON'T look like video game characters.

Judging a whole future of men on a single boy band is like judging American women from the looks of Britney Spears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2019 10:41 AM

*future = culture.

My text to speech needs tuning up.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Well this certainly proves there's no accounting for taste. That thing looks like a convertible store mannequin. A simple change of the wig can turn it from male to female.

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2019 11:31 AM

Ngl, to my western eyes, these guys all look so androgynous. I always think of Lucille Bluth and her adopted Korean son:

"At least I think it’s a him. You’ve got to strip them down to next to nothing before you could even tell."

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2019 11:37 AM

R71 aside from Daniel Henney, the only other ones i find hot on that list are So Ji Sub and Song Seung Hun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2019 2:31 PM

What part of V looks androgynous or plastic to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2019 2:36 PM

With the oldest going to the military next year and JungKook could be charged with a traffic violation, is this the beginning of the end of BTS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2019 7:36 PM

He looks good here, with the black hair and suit with skinny tie, gives off young Alain Delon in a 1960's French movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2019 7:39 PM

I don't consider overworked Korean factory robots amazing. That is what those boybands are nothing more. Are we to the point in pop culture in which mediocrity is considered amazing. They are nothing but cheap imitation of western pop acts. Nothing original. They appeal to asexual young girls.

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] voted most handsome in the world

what world?

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2019 9:13 PM

R79, you don't think the Hollywood music industry isn't the same? It isn't as blatant as Korea but it's still the same type of corporate mindset. Why does it take 8 people to write a song like Señorita? One song had to go through 12 people for Zedd to finally get a hit.. Then there's the sponsorship and the team of songwriters surrounding the artist, etc.

South Korea is churning out more and more girl and boybands but not all of them will break through and become a global success.. I read K-Pop was part of a government sponsorship to promote the country. I don't like the way these musicians are being worked to death though. Because BTS has become so successful, they are now in the process of suing their own company for profit sharing. Maybe some change can come from that.

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2019 2:43 AM

He looks like a girl...not attractive. See Crazy Rich Asians for gorgeous Asian men, especially the actor who played Michael.

by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2019 3:28 AM

He's cute but the most handosme in the WORLD? No, Just no... Also, K-pop (in general) is so overrated and bland, most of their the songs looks all the same (especially in the male groups), I prefer the uniqueness and diverse style of the J-pop.

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2019 3:58 AM

R79 I agree with you for the most part. But alot of those kpop stars have more talent in their pinky than some of their US counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2019 4:14 AM

That vote proves two things about Asian girls:

1. they have way too much free time on their hands;

2. they have a way too easy access to VPNs.

by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2019 4:45 AM

His face in OP's post looks mask like. It kinda resembles the mask worn by the killer in Alice Sweet Alice.

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2019 5:36 AM

R84. You really did type that with a straight face. How do they have more talent when they copy every move from western acts. I don't consider dollar store backstreet boys imitators as talented. You must be an asexual femmy homo to think those twinks are attractive or talented.

by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2019 10:22 AM

They are very attractive but ignorant, white, racist Americans probably would not think so.

by Anonymousreply 88December 12, 2019 10:35 AM

R88. You said whites. There are blacks who don't understand why those trans thing are a thing. Especially, when they rip off black artist moves.

by Anonymousreply 89December 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Handsome? No. Just fucking no.

by Anonymousreply 90December 12, 2019 1:32 PM

[Quote] You must be an asexual femmy homo to think those twinks are attractive or talented.

Is that supposed to be offensive?? Or do you not know how to make a point without using ad hominem.

by Anonymousreply 91December 12, 2019 2:01 PM

He's a handsome lady.

by Anonymousreply 92December 12, 2019 2:28 PM

R91. Of course you won't be offended because you are a femmy bottom who has a fetish for Asian male dolls.

by Anonymousreply 93December 12, 2019 3:31 PM

They overcompensate for their femininity by using a hyper-masculine hip-hop dance style, but end up moving around more like awkward lesbian Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 94December 12, 2019 3:42 PM

R87 how many pop stars know how to play more than one instrument or speak 3 languages??

by Anonymousreply 95December 13, 2019 1:45 AM

Am I boy or girl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 13, 2019 2:27 AM

most handsome... what?

by Anonymousreply 97December 13, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote] He's better looking than everyone from One Direction

Agree. Those guys didn't exactly look healthy, they looked stressed and anorexic and towards the end, looked like drug addicts. BTS are dancers and look like they're in top physical shape to endure the non-stop touring.

by Anonymousreply 98December 13, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] He's better looking than everyone from One Direction

Now, there's a low bar to jump over...

by Anonymousreply 99December 13, 2019 4:35 AM

This is such an honor! Just for this, I'm postponing my suicide to January.

by Anonymousreply 100December 13, 2019 4:50 AM

Interesting article that compares the kpop music industry to the Hollywood studio system of the 40s.

Like when Louis B Mayer make Joan Crawford go to bed at the same time every night as per her contract, so it would have ruined her reputation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 13, 2019 6:59 AM

At least two of those boys are actually girls. Possibly three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2019 9:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 13, 2019 10:15 AM

R95, I speek five languagez.

I have played more zan one instrument.

by Anonymousreply 104December 13, 2019 10:23 AM

You've played with many instruments, Vairst Letty!

by Anonymousreply 105December 13, 2019 12:36 PM

R100 How miserable must you be in life to make such a cruel comment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 13, 2019 11:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 13, 2019 11:45 PM

Looks like a Eurasian prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 14, 2019 2:39 AM

R108 ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Okay but what I really wanna know is, any chance he or any other BTS member might be gay? Do they hook up with backup dancers or something or are they really sexless? It seems like all they do is practice and tour and do TV appearances??

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2019 3:07 AM

Fuck me, he actually has a nice voice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2019 3:17 AM

Interesting lyrics...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2019 3:23 AM

What's going to happen when the members of BTS have to enter the military?

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2019 3:23 AM

This is exactly the sort of group where I suspect they don't do their own singing. These guys are hired for their looks, dancing skills, and media appeal. Why should their bosses hold out for singing ability as well, when these guys are never going to sing live in their entire careers?

Actual singers work cheap.

by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2019 3:26 AM

G-Dragon. You know he's badass because he has eyeliner, blond hair, and tattoos.

He's 31 so you he got Menudo-ed out of the band he was in. Hope he saved his coins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2019 3:29 AM

[quote] any chance he or any other BTS member might be gay? Do they hook up with backup dancers or something or are they really sexless?

It's so weird how their love life is nonexistent. Some are almost 30 (Jin) and never had a girlfriend/boyfriend? The K-Pop rule of not dating seems so oppressive. These guys have lived together since they were teenagers. They work non-stop, even live together. You would think that boys cloistered together may start playing with each other when the hormones start raging. Suga is the only one admitting to being open to find love with both sexes. There have been rumors that the pretty ones are lovers but never the ugly ones. Their management must find ways to give them some kind of sex relief--secretly.

by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2019 5:35 AM

They're supposed to live together and not date? Eurgh!

Either they live secret lives, or they're the sex slaves of the Korean music industry powers-that-be. Probably the latter.

by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2019 5:42 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that these dudes are either dating or have dated in the past. Anyone who believes otherwise is insane. The most notorious Korean news media known for outing celebrities in relationships (Dispatch), has a provable partnership with the company BTS is under (Bighit), thus no way are they getting exposed for dating.

by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2019 5:57 AM

Jungkook started living with the boys when he as 13 and never had a normal social life. I think he likes girls because this video shows him being extremely shy and scared of girls that it's too funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2019 5:57 AM

There was a big scandal awhile ago when it was exposed that 2 K-Pop stars from different groups were secretly dating each other. Their label initially tried to deny they were dating claiming that it was a lie until the 2 stars finally admitted that it was true. Their label then decided to fire them from their respective groups and dropped them both from the label.

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 6:20 AM

That's harsh.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 6:34 AM

"Jungkook started living with the boys when he as 13 and never had a normal social life."

Well that's all kinds of wrong! Like Lou Perlman's dream come true!

Was the kid allowed to see his parents, or get an education?

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 6:42 AM

It seems like teenage girls are the ones posting in favor of this twink band. R119. Sounds immature like a 13 year old girl. I did not know DL attracts asexual teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2019 11:08 AM

Cole Sprouse, a 13 year old girl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2019 8:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 16, 2019 2:04 AM

V at the airport earlier today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 16, 2019 2:13 AM

Trending on US twitter last week at Jingle Ball: "who is the curly-haired guy?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 16, 2019 2:28 AM

V is for Vagina.

by Anonymousreply 128December 16, 2019 10:03 AM

I am sure that these guys are considered hot and fine and handsome by someone, just not me. but i usually am in the minority of which men admire other men.

by Anonymousreply 129December 17, 2019 5:49 AM

R19. Asexual gays who have a fetish for Asian twinks. Those are the ones yapping about how hot this trans looking thing is.

by Anonymousreply 130December 17, 2019 10:07 AM

I'd fuck him so hard.

by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2019 10:14 AM

Dancers are like athletes. They exercise more muscles in their body than the IG bodybuilder models you worship here. These guys can sing and dance at the same time and don't look breathless because their years of dancing are like intense cardiac workouts. They are in top physical shape, definitely not twinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 20, 2019 2:08 AM

R132. You tried it "they can sing" I hope you are not referring to them singing live. Most of them lipsync live.

by Anonymousreply 133December 21, 2019 11:14 AM

r132

True and I really don't like the type that Datalounge queens are so thirsty for. And I am always attacked just for posting the men I like. I hate that shit.

by Anonymousreply 134December 21, 2019 11:21 AM

singing live in concert a couple of weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 21, 2019 10:22 PM

R135 Just how do you know they are singing live? People lip sync in concerts all the time.

by Anonymousreply 136December 21, 2019 11:33 PM

They look like children to me. Daniel Dae Kim is so much hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 21, 2019 11:44 PM

I love all of BTS. So adorable and talented.

by Anonymousreply 138December 22, 2019 12:07 AM

I like the boys of NCT Dream. Very cute and they're very affectionate with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 22, 2019 12:15 AM

This thread is primed for "Ok, Boomer." They truly don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 140December 22, 2019 12:16 AM

JK looks really nice here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 22, 2019 12:31 AM

R140. It is not only older people in this thread that do not care for those Korean manufactured ken dolls.

by Anonymousreply 142December 22, 2019 12:38 AM

R142, "Ok, Boomer" isn't just for old people. It's for parochial, closed-minded, and prejudiced people. Read more. Get on TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 143December 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Jaemin from NYC is growing up nicely. He's done a bit of acting as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 22, 2019 12:43 AM

A vocal plurality of DL likes big beefy guys. That's fine, but they're offended and hateful when other DLers express any different tastes.

by Anonymousreply 145December 22, 2019 12:45 AM

R136, can't you fucking hear? There may be some recorded vocals in the background but my own ears can discern live singing.

by Anonymousreply 146December 22, 2019 12:50 AM

R146, who cares - he'll never admit it. Haters are like that.

by Anonymousreply 147December 22, 2019 12:56 AM

DL fave Shawn Mendes fanboys over BTS beauty: "They're the most beautiful men I've ever seen."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 22, 2019 12:58 AM

Jungkook with long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 22, 2019 1:09 AM

Pretty fair one-hour BBC piece on the industry. They're very transparent about their process. Zero pretension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 22, 2019 1:58 AM

A more critical take by an outsider.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 22, 2019 2:05 AM

Rubbish music sold to westerners whom were the inventor of such music. It is now watered now with cheap imitation of their superior quality pop music. Basically very cheap entertainment with foreigners whom more than half of them can't speak English fluently.

by Anonymousreply 152December 22, 2019 2:00 PM

r152

Racist bigot.

by Anonymousreply 153December 22, 2019 2:04 PM

R153. There is nothing racist about stating that those bubblegum terrible Korean boy band need to learn how to speak English. They make shawn Mendes look like brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 154December 22, 2019 2:32 PM

They should just have a native English speaker always sing the English parts, like Mark for Super M/NCT 127.

The Chinese guys always sing any Chinese parts. Most guys' Japanese sounds very good regardless of whether they're Japanese or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 22, 2019 5:01 PM

Mark. He speaks English well. Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 22, 2019 5:04 PM

I like that most idols are actually polite and don't pretend to be "hard." They avoid drugs and sexual promiscuity and rarely curse. None of the music glorifies antisocial and/or self-destructive behavior. It's even acceptable and popular in the Gulf region.

It's truly pop music acceptable globally.

BTW, cf. someone above, Japan, not the UK, is the #2 music market. It's a much larger market than the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 22, 2019 5:12 PM

Music markets ranked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 22, 2019 5:13 PM

No one with soft features can be deemed "handsome"

by Anonymousreply 159December 22, 2019 5:28 PM

[quote]I like that most idols are actually polite and don't pretend to be "hard." They avoid drugs and sexual promiscuity and rarely curse. None of the music glorifies antisocial and/or self-destructive behavior.

Which is why the music SUCKS. The greatest music and art comes from pain and addiction.

Elevator music had more depth than this pop crap.

by Anonymousreply 160December 22, 2019 5:30 PM

has*

by Anonymousreply 161December 22, 2019 5:30 PM

R160, the "greatest" new art may come from pain, but then the mainstream takes it and co-opts it. The mainstream isn't aiming for greatness.

We're going to have pop music anyway - why not pop music that reinforces social harmony and is more commonly find acceptable to people all over the world?

The rest of the world has had enough of antisocial behavior being glorified by the US and UK's music industries.

by Anonymousreply 162December 22, 2019 5:41 PM

BTS loves gay people. One of them is bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 22, 2019 5:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 22, 2019 5:52 PM

Wembley. I want one of those Bluetooth lightsticks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 22, 2019 6:03 PM

Enough of this bubblegum crap from Korea packaged as "western" pop which it is not. It seems a bunch of teenage asexual girls who like this crap found this site.

by Anonymousreply 166December 22, 2019 6:20 PM

R166, it's not Western pop. That's the point. #okboomer

by Anonymousreply 167December 22, 2019 6:25 PM

R167. You just like saying ok boomer since you have low intelligence judging from your obsession with this bubblegum pop group. You have terrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 168December 22, 2019 6:35 PM

r166

You're obviously very out of touch. Many young gay guys love them.

by Anonymousreply 169December 22, 2019 6:49 PM

R169. I am not gay so i don't give a fuck what young gay men like.

by Anonymousreply 170December 22, 2019 6:55 PM

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 171December 22, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote] Rubbish music sold to westerners whom were the inventor of such music

Then white people should give back the blues, rap, rock and roll and soul music because they stole it from black people because that's where western music originated, you ignorant piece of racist scum.

by Anonymousreply 172December 22, 2019 7:19 PM

I don't like how their churning out boy bands and girl bands like a factory and that these singer/dancers may be exploited. When I watch some of the K-Pop videos, it seems mechanical.

BTS stands out because they have more creative control and the two rappers write most of the songs and are pretty good songwriters. They also look like they genuinely like each other and have a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 173December 22, 2019 7:26 PM

[quote] They avoid drugs and sexual promiscuity and rarely curse.

Hilarious video of them at the Billboard Music awards reacting to Normani's ulta sexy, booty-humping performance. They look like 13 year old virgins who never saw a naked woman before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 22, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote]BTS loves gay people. One of them is bi.

They're allowed to date?

by Anonymousreply 175December 22, 2019 7:41 PM

Is K Pop child labor?

by Anonymousreply 176December 22, 2019 7:55 PM

R172. Temper tantrum like a twelve year old girl. Go play with dolls little girl which explains your attraction to Korean ken dolls. Judging by your comment you suffer from arrested development.

by Anonymousreply 177December 22, 2019 8:01 PM

R172. Cry baby, who told you i am white. You are right in the sense that Korea music entertainment needs to stop stealing black music genres. Enough of the cheap imitations of r and b music and rap.

by Anonymousreply 178December 22, 2019 8:04 PM

RM is cute

by Anonymousreply 179December 22, 2019 8:59 PM

R177-178 is the music police and probably a lot uglier than the Asian guys so must be jealous.

by Anonymousreply 180December 22, 2019 9:17 PM

R180. You really type immature like a twelve year old girl who is having a temper tantrum over a boy at school who looks like he will never hit puberty. Go play little child.

by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2019 9:23 PM

OMG, stumbling upon this thread feels like an anthropologist coming across some underdeveloped tribe populated exclusively by Asian fangirls who accidentally ended up on an isolated island and joined local paedobears , with its own bizarre rituals, objects of worship, etc.

by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote]Rubbish music sold to westerners whom were the inventor of such music

You're a fucking moron. There are brilliant, black musicians who died penniless because of racist assholes like you who needed to hear their music through Elvis or the Rolling Stones to acknowledge it existed.

How did you even have the nerve to write that bullshit and not get that is what appropriation IS. You couldn't find a more stark example than what you call "western" music.

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2019 11:24 PM

BTW, stop making a distinction between Korean and "white" bubble gum music. It's all shit. All of it.

Whether it's this K-pop crap or Bieber or Menudo or BSB or N'Sync. ALL crap. Flavorless music coming out of a factory where they keep prepubescent boys and decide who'll be the "cute" one and who'll be the "bad boy."

by Anonymousreply 184December 22, 2019 11:27 PM

OP, is that CONSTANT CRAVING k.d.lang in the photo?

by Anonymousreply 185December 23, 2019 1:12 AM

R183. Go play outside little child. You are not ready for adult conversations.

by Anonymousreply 186December 23, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote][R183]. Go play outside little child. You are not ready for adult conversations.

There is nothing remotely "adult" about the stupidity you're attempting to defend.

by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2019 2:03 AM

BTW, it's particularly funny considering that even the grammatical syntax is not "adult," but along the lines of a 12 yo with a crush on a 25 yo and trying to sound "adult."

[quote]Rubbish music sold to westerners whom were the inventor of such music

Whom?

by Anonymousreply 188December 23, 2019 2:06 AM

Some of you kpop fans. What idols do you think are gay?

by Anonymousreply 189December 23, 2019 2:16 AM

Why did this KPop cult thing start? It's like every teenage girl in the world is obsessed. Is it all social media marketing? They all really suck. You can see their manufacturing labels from a mile away. People who like KPop have no cultural taste at all.

by Anonymousreply 190December 23, 2019 2:42 AM

I think I figured it out. This and Asian porn are products of the same entertainment industry in Japan, Korea, and China. That's why it happened so quickly. The mechanisms were already in place. They just aimed them at kids and young teens instead of lonely, pathetic incels.

by Anonymousreply 191December 23, 2019 2:52 AM

okay, why are all these naysayers on this thread if they can't appreciate music, any kind of music for that matter.

I am tired of listening to the same old crap---classic rock and pop--- so I actually listen to current music today and some of it's really good. I love all kinds of music and if it happens to be K-Pop, so be it. I happen to like BTS, their music videos are pretty cool and the guys are entertaining and pretty good dancers. American pop music, especially rap music which is always at the top of the charts is meaningless rapping about sex, drug, getting high, etc. At least K-Pop is clean and has a positive message.

by Anonymousreply 192December 23, 2019 3:17 AM

[quote] What idols do you think are gay?

Of the BTS members,, Suga (on the left) said his choice for a partner is not limited to gender. There are also rumors about V. What straight guy carries small tiny dogs around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 23, 2019 3:30 AM

R188. Go play child.

by Anonymousreply 194December 23, 2019 10:03 AM

[quote]At least K-Pop is clean and has a positive message.

This message is approved by One Million Moms.

by Anonymousreply 195December 23, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote]Go play child.

You're already doing it, but you're not playing. You write like one.

Maybe spend less time obsessing over mediocre, factory-created music and more time in your English class learning how to use a comma, so you don't look so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 196December 23, 2019 3:24 PM

R196. You are truly stupid and immature. Your kindergarten class taught you well.

by Anonymousreply 197December 23, 2019 3:58 PM

R197, now call me a "poopyface." You're on a thread about this manufactured "music" calling me immature.

Hon, you're clearly very young or genuinely a moron, because this all started with your inability to accept the foundation of American/British rock started with black music. And referring to some horseshit about "western" music. What exactly are you defending? The shit manufactured music by BSB or N'Sync and getting all pissed off at Asians doing it just as lame as the "Western" version. You have shit taste in music and attacking Asians who have your, lame taste in music.

And I saw your other posts where you attempted to excuse the WP hand gesture. You have an agenda, you racist fuckhead. You're not even American. I know that from your spelling.

by Anonymousreply 198December 23, 2019 4:11 PM

your lame taste*

by Anonymousreply 199December 23, 2019 4:12 PM

BTW, my last post to you.

Enjoy the thread.

by Anonymousreply 200December 23, 2019 4:17 PM

R198. You sound very immature and that is your good points. Go play outside little child. you are clearly not ready to deal with opinions different from yours.

by Anonymousreply 201December 23, 2019 6:45 PM

R189, sometimes I wonder about Renjun from NCT (he loves drawing Moomin and going to the Moomin Cafe, takes ballet, and his skinship somehow seems more heartfelt), but then he does something to negate all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 23, 2019 7:19 PM

He really looks feminine. ^^

by Anonymousreply 203December 24, 2019 7:40 PM

At least he looks like a feminine man. Some of them look like actual girls

by Anonymousreply 204December 24, 2019 9:16 PM

I like the variety shows groups are already on. This one is a rpg game simulation show called Save NCT Dream. I like that they don't mind being silly on camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 24, 2019 9:43 PM

R139, Jaemin is absolutely beautiful in that. I'm entranced. Holy crap.

by Anonymousreply 206December 24, 2019 11:06 PM

Found more Jaemin footage from that shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 24, 2019 11:09 PM

Op is an Asian twink so this thread makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 208December 24, 2019 11:15 PM

I like BTS more than the other groups because it's more R&B and Soul and they frequently have a message. They have strong songwriters in their group-- RM and Suga.

Here they are at their smoothest....Jungkook is very sexy and seductive. He is the Alpha male in the group.

There is a homoerotic moment between V and Jin at 2:48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 25, 2019 1:29 AM

Not handsome in the least, plain and sexless, like a doll.

by Anonymousreply 210December 25, 2019 9:15 AM

R146, pretty much every "live" pop act these days has automatic live pitch "correction". The great vocals you hear at a concert aren't what they actually sound like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 25, 2019 10:00 AM

R172, Beethoven stole from black musicians? The instruments used in the blues and rock and roll seem pretty western to me. Did black musicians "steal" them, along with the English language that they sang in? Most black pop music today is complete shit, just like most pop music is in general.

by Anonymousreply 212December 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Damn, here comes the racists, polluting the thread. People must feel miserable around you.

by Anonymousreply 213December 25, 2019 10:40 AM

Just block them, r213. It makes for a better experience.

by Anonymousreply 214December 25, 2019 10:51 AM

Yes, one is a racist for suggesting that not all popular music was invented by black people, which whites then allegedly stole. R172 even went as far as claiming that "western" music was the creation of blacks. Classical music is western music too.

But, it's ok, just throw the word "racist" around, it might distract enough for some that they overlook your inability to provide any facts in support of your claims.

by Anonymousreply 215December 25, 2019 3:14 PM

Not BTS but can someone please explain me what is the appeal of this, from a female fan point of view? As a gay boy I was 'woah'ing at the video curious about blue-haired boy and his dance partner there because it sure seemed they were enjoying themselves and someone even had to come collect them... This is not about them being feminine but more like right there they just look like some gay boys clubbing like damn... there's gotta be some of them who are actually repressed and slipping at times like that, you know, not just that weird "shipping" thing where girls lose their minds when they see two pretty boys breathing next to each other. I understand a lot of that comes from fetishizing and that weird "well if they ain't marrying me they can marry this other guy I also like but also won't marry ever" mentality, but I still don't get how it can truly be attractive to women...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 25, 2019 9:46 PM

Another example - pretty sure it's also the same guys? Do girls really like watching stuff like that from their idols? What if one of them was actually gay? Would they genuinely be supportive or they just like them being gays in their controlled fantasies? 'Cause deep inside I'm sure they know most of the "gay stuff" they do is just bro skinship and boys being naturally playful/touchy... maybe not even natural, just putting on an act. I feel bad for whoever might be closeted, I don't even know if the "dating ban" is a good thing for them or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 25, 2019 9:49 PM

The first answer at the link is pretty much the answer, r217.

Girls find it cute the way they find yaoi/BL cute. The casual affectionate touching is just because they're very close friends and it's not usually interpreted as gay in Korea. The kissing is more for fan service, so girls get a little thrill from the resulting cuteness. Girls in Korea etc. generally aren't getting turned on by it, no more than they're turned on by aegyo (brief intentional displays of cutesy childish behavior).

It's possible that occasionally there's more to it between a pair of boys, but I don't think it's at all common. Maybe on rare occasions something lightly sexual (frot) has gone on, since they live together in dorms for years and usually can't date. I think it's extremely rare, however. The boys are on their phones and computers all the time and they have the fastest internet connections in the world: I'm pretty sure porn in private is the norm for them.

The crazy makeup like at r139 is part of the cuteness: East Asian girls want boy idols to be like dolls, thus the white face makeup, which is done whenever they’re in front of the camera and is very obvious (it’s openly discussed, as in, “Don’t put my on camera during the stream - I don’t have makeup on” etc.). Foreigners criticize how obvious the makeup is, not understanding that everyone is aware of that and it’s completely intentional. The tiny bit of pink eye shadow in that video and actually putting the makeup on everywhere (beyond the face)is a bit extra along the same lines.

It really is a pretty unique culture, and I’d hate for foreign criticism to lead to its elimination. It’s been around for literally (dictionary definition literally) millennia, however, so maybe it’ll survive even the Internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 25, 2019 10:43 PM

The gay shipping is not only limited to K-Pop. Remember the shipping where people assumed Harry and Louis in 1D were a thing? Or Harry and Zayn? It's all very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 219December 26, 2019 1:52 AM

Controversy after V was discovered with a vape pen next him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 26, 2019 6:06 AM

R220, the guy in the photo isn’t part of BTS. I’d say bad journalism, but its a user-created post.

by Anonymousreply 221December 26, 2019 6:13 AM

I love NCT’s maknae.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 26, 2019 6:36 AM

The level of international fame and popularity that BTS has achieved is dizzying and rewarding but has its downfalls. They no longer take regular flights because crazy fans look up their flight schedule and arrange to sit next to them. They don't have much privacy. V addressed this in a video and said it's starting to get scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 26, 2019 7:30 AM

With their international fame and popularity, V said they can't take regular flights anymore because some fans know their flight schedule and book seats next to them. He said it's starting to get scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 26, 2019 7:36 AM

I don’t usually like the girl groups, but this came out the other day from Red Velvet and it’s pretty great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 26, 2019 7:51 AM

Good for RV. I’m going to get a RV light stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 26, 2019 7:53 AM

Apologies I was incorrect at r221.

by Anonymousreply 227December 26, 2019 8:10 AM

I've been watching this video, it's quite addicting. EXO - they've been around longer than BTS and more popular in Korea. Their vocals are stronger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228December 26, 2019 8:18 AM

Pretty funny gay serial. Based on a webtoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 27, 2019 7:59 AM

back to me....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 28, 2019 11:52 AM

[Quote] Remember the shipping where people assumed Harry and Louis in 1D were a thing? Or Harry and Zayn? It's all very stupid.

It's so stupid Euphoria made an animation of it lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 28, 2019 12:47 PM

These two don't sit together in public anymore because of the fanfic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 28, 2019 7:18 PM

R232, is that V and Junkook?

by Anonymousreply 233December 29, 2019 12:07 AM

Bwahaha ugly cunt

by Anonymousreply 234December 29, 2019 12:14 AM

R233, yes. These three are very close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 29, 2019 4:42 AM

Jungkook voted the most handsome now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 30, 2019 4:33 AM

It's his dance skills and stage presence, makes him sexier than V, IMO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 30, 2019 4:39 AM

Junkook is very cute but he’s the most likely to engage in criminality in the future, I think. He committed some kind of driving crime and may be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 238December 30, 2019 6:50 AM

Sorry, he allegedly committed some kind of driving violation.

by Anonymousreply 239December 30, 2019 6:51 AM

[quote] Junkook is very cute but he’s the most likely to engage in criminality in the future

I thought I read that there was a girl in the car (?) but that was quickly erased.

He has tattoos down his arms. He seems to be the one that's most rebellious. I can see him breaking off from the group if BigHit doesn't give them the profit they deserve. The record companies would love him here.

by Anonymousreply 240December 30, 2019 7:28 PM

The Big Hit story re a dispute over profits was fake and the anchor of JTBC apologize on air and resigned.

That said, I do think Junkook will be their downfall. But they’ll have made plenty of money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 31, 2019 3:26 AM

Plastic bland kids with no sex appeal

by Anonymousreply 242December 31, 2019 5:59 AM

So many haters and racists blocked thanks to this thread. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 243December 31, 2019 1:43 PM

Gay K-pop storyline with Cha Eun-woo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 31, 2019 4:37 PM

R243. has a fetish for factory Korean ken dolls with no singing talents.

by Anonymousreply 245January 1, 2020 2:50 AM

V went live the day after his 24th birthday. Voice deep as hell, but is incredibly shy when filming alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 1, 2020 4:07 AM

Headlining the New Year's Eve performance at Times Square.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 1, 2020 4:26 AM

Loved it, r247!

by Anonymousreply 248January 1, 2020 4:30 AM

Watching them tonight made me think of those Asian sex robots and the uncanny valley phenomenon. Creepy and weird af.

by Anonymousreply 249January 1, 2020 4:49 AM

R174, that was amazing. So funny.

by Anonymousreply 250January 1, 2020 4:53 AM

Last year’s NY Eve performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 1, 2020 4:54 AM

RM looked great. My personality is like Suga’s, but I admire J-Hope’s sunny personality. I like that Jin does charity stuff for animals.

by Anonymousreply 252January 1, 2020 5:05 AM

Gets good from 1:03.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 1, 2020 6:24 AM

V - speaking English

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 1, 2020 7:27 AM

This site got invaded by Asian teenage girls or gays with strong twink Asian fetish . It seems only two posters discussing their obsession among themselves and no one else cares. Judging by the comments.

by Anonymousreply 255January 1, 2020 12:44 PM

r254, is that Jennifer Aniston in a short wig next to him?

by Anonymousreply 256January 1, 2020 2:24 PM

In super into Cha Eunwoo of Astro and numerous shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257January 2, 2020 4:04 AM

I was impressed with his performance last night on the MBC New Year’s Eve show, which he also hosted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 2, 2020 4:05 AM

Supposedly Cha Eunwoo is second in the “visuals” rankings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 2, 2020 4:07 AM

Here we go again.....Twitter asking

"Who is that cute guy in the long black coat?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 2, 2020 5:03 AM

He's stunning even though he doesn't act like it, he's mostly quirky and goofy while Jungkook reverted back to his coconut haircut and bunny look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 2, 2020 5:10 AM

This explains a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 2, 2020 9:07 AM

Thanks for the link, R262. Agree Jimin has the feminine/babyish features and is considered "cute" but V/Taehyung is more "beautiful." His features look more masculine and EurAsian like he had some Caucasian ancestry in past generations.

by Anonymousreply 263January 2, 2020 7:25 PM

They don't even sound Asian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 2, 2020 8:37 PM

Which one is the pink haired one?

by Anonymousreply 265January 2, 2020 8:38 PM

Jimin and V

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 3, 2020 2:25 AM

Remember when this was considered handsome?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 3, 2020 2:29 AM

That's the version of handsome that's dominated the Hollywood and Western media for years and made people falsely believe that if they were born brown or black and not European or Caucasian, they were not good-looking enough. Wrong. The world has globalized and the white standard of beauty is irrelevant.

Asia has been ignored for years by Hollywood and as an Asian, I'm finally glad that we're getting noticed. Of course, it's also due to the huge financial incentives Asia brings. 20 years ago, Takeshi Kaneshiro turned down a chance to make Hollywood movies because he knew he'd be stereotyped as the typical Chinese guy so he stayed in Asia to become one of its biggest stars. Geoffrey Gao--RIP-- had to go back to Asia, even though he grew up here to make movies and have a career. BTS may be a K-Pop band but in a way it's tearing down all kind of typical racial stereotypes. Who knew that a non-English-speaking boy band would be the biggest boy band today and dominate the music industry, making as much money as The Rolling Stones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Quite interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 3, 2020 5:20 AM

I don’t get why guys are this into Jimin. I love J-Hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 3, 2020 5:33 AM

Jimin's naturally feminine features combined with the heavy makeup and earrings make him look like a really pretty woman in face. Not sure why fans like to pretend there's a deeper reason behind his appeal to men.

Here he is without makeup (on the right). He looks more like your typical Asian guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 3, 2020 5:45 AM

[Quote] The world has globalized and the white standard of beauty is irrelevant.

No you know that's a lie. You even mentioned Godfrey Gao. Euro beauty standards played no part in his success?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 3, 2020 10:44 AM

Wayyyy too much fucking makeup on those gurls. I don’t appreciate marketing to make people look like porcelain dolls, or pre-puberty. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 273January 3, 2020 11:47 AM

R273, how provincial.

by Anonymousreply 274January 3, 2020 1:28 PM

R272, oh yeah, Gao was clearly European-looking lol.

by Anonymousreply 275January 3, 2020 2:04 PM

[Quote] oh yeah, Gao was clearly European-looking lol

He had a mixed look. And that mixed look was Asian mixed with African, dear.

by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2020 7:33 PM

*That mixed look WASN'T Asian mixed with African.

by Anonymousreply 277January 3, 2020 7:33 PM

He didn't look mixed at all. Someone hasn't been to East Asia.

Back to Jimin. Here he is with Cha Eun Woo. It's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 3, 2020 9:01 PM

Sure, Jan. The success of this 6ft3 Taiwanese-Canadian model had nothing to do with eurocentric beauty standards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 3, 2020 9:47 PM

There's nothing European about Godfrey Gao lol. Someone is delusional. His father is Taiwanese and his mother is Chinese Malaysian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 3, 2020 10:00 PM

And both of Vanessa Williams' parents are black. That doesn't mean she didn't benefit from eurocentric beauty standards.

by Anonymousreply 281January 3, 2020 10:02 PM

They're Children.

Back Off ..........

by Anonymousreply 282January 3, 2020 10:03 PM

I knew it was a bunch of Asian twink arguing among themselves while masturbating to those trans looking things.

by Anonymousreply 283January 3, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote]There's nothing European about Godfrey Gao lol.

According tos his Wiki, he's dead, so there's really nothing European about him.

by Anonymousreply 284January 3, 2020 10:08 PM

They're in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 285January 3, 2020 10:35 PM

V wants facial hair but can't go for it because it goes against the industry. Love this fan edit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 3, 2020 11:35 PM

this one too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 3, 2020 11:39 PM

I like the clean-cut K-pop look. Korea's in the 2050s w/ re to tech and the 1950s w/ re to demeanor. It's not a bad combination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 4, 2020 1:32 AM

What bowl cuts so damn common there?

by Anonymousreply 289January 4, 2020 1:34 AM

*Why are bowl cuts so damn common there?

by Anonymousreply 290January 4, 2020 1:35 AM

Jimin flirts with everyone, men and women. He likes to get close to people and hug them, sometimes invading their space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 4, 2020 1:48 AM

Someone can't read. I didn't say Geoffrey Gao looked mixed.... I meant V. His face isn't flat like most Asians, more angular and a straight nose. Or did he get it fixed. There's a lot of surgery in Korea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 4, 2020 1:55 AM

Do they bleach?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 4, 2020 2:03 AM

Quite the old fashioned nosejob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 4, 2020 2:05 AM

R292, you're so naive. Of course he had surgery. Almost everyone in the industry has had surgery. In fact, the common flatness and wideness of their faces make them perfect for surgery and standardization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 4, 2020 2:12 AM

Are these real people or animated Disney characters? I can't tell, some of them look like Mulan and others look like Peter Pan.

by Anonymousreply 296January 4, 2020 2:14 AM

This black girl from the US was a K-Pop trainee. Someone told her that her head looked weird and they offered to do surgery but she declined. I didn't know the shape of a head could be changed by plastic surgery. She's not in a K-Pop group but still works in Korea as a model but they've lightened her skin in photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 4, 2020 2:17 AM

This is the first thread where I started blocking miserable, toxic haters, and it's made DL a lot better.

This video is great: I love how there's a proper way to be in the industry. There are standards. Everyone is polite and on time. They're cheerful and accommodating. Bad behavior isn't tolerated. The proper functioning of the collective is more important than the whims of any individual. This is why the rest of the world loves K-pop.

Artistry? Overrated, and not worth the cost of social disorder. Most people in the world don't want their countries to become America or the UK.

Peace, order, prosperity. Society working like a precision machine. It's lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 4, 2020 2:24 AM

R297, I saw that one. It sometimes seems like all the people who couldn't make it in the industry end up on K-pop criticizing the industry.

Of course you can reshape your head. They have beautiful surgery clinics there: 20-story buildings with everything, including recovery suites, inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 4, 2020 2:30 AM

end up on *YouTube criticizing the industry.

by Anonymousreply 300January 4, 2020 2:31 AM

But there's a dark side to K-Pop, R299. These artists are talented but do they share enough in the profits?

BTS has been working non-stop for years with only one month off and it occurred this year. WTF? There's videos of artists falling down on stage because they're so exhausted. I saw another video of Jungkook collapsing after he got off stage and his band members picking him up. Maybe working situation will change once it's exposed to the world. Then there's stories about the female artists that makes Harvey Weinstein look like the Pope. It's almost looks like a human rights violation.

Don't get me wrong, I love BTS and enjoy most of K-Pop but I want these people to make money that they deserve and have more than one month off and for these kids to be treated decently, not like slaves.

by Anonymousreply 301January 4, 2020 2:46 AM

A picture of young V. His nose looks pretty much the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 4, 2020 2:47 AM

R301, after they pay off their debts to the companies, they make plenty of money. But yes, things must change a bit to accommodate rest and mental health - and they are changing.

Yoona loves V, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 4, 2020 3:00 AM

They look like girly men.

by Anonymousreply 304January 4, 2020 3:07 AM

This girly man has a black belt in Taekwondo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 4, 2020 3:54 AM

Watching "My ID is Gangnam Beauty" right now (free on Viki). Cha Eun-woo is in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 4, 2020 3:57 AM

6:47 on is especially cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 4, 2020 6:44 AM

I love the hair colors. What brand of hair dyes do they use?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 4, 2020 6:57 AM

We're promoting gay panic videos?

by Anonymousreply 309January 4, 2020 6:57 AM

[quote]The proper functioning of the collective is more important than the whims of any individual. This is why the rest of the world loves K-pop....Artistry? Overrated, and not worth the cost of social disorder. Most people in the world don't want their countries to become America or the UK....Peace, order, prosperity. Society working like a precision machine. It's lovely.

Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 310January 4, 2020 7:16 AM

I was in a store today and noticed all of the BTS dolls were in a clearance bin. Now, I know the lifespan of boy bands is short and they are destined for clearance bins at some point, but I thought they were still popular?

Or did they just mass manufacture too many dolls and stores are trying to get rid of excess stock?

by Anonymousreply 311January 4, 2020 7:34 AM

There's new iterations coming, R311. Same with the BT21 character items. They're clearing out the old stock.

by Anonymousreply 312January 4, 2020 7:40 AM

There are plenty of sexy Asian men, my husband being one of them.

V is NOT.

by Anonymousreply 313January 4, 2020 7:55 AM

R50 I’ve been to the Houston Rodeo twice. Saw Robin Thicke then Usher.

by Anonymousreply 314January 4, 2020 7:57 AM

r298, creepiest post in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 315January 4, 2020 8:22 AM

But V is beautiful.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 4, 2020 9:47 AM

.... and Jungkook in motion is like great sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 4, 2020 10:03 AM

Who cares? These lists are about popularity, not genuine attractiveness. For God's sake Woody Allen used to make these. BTS is popular right now, which is why this dude is considered handsome right now.

by Anonymousreply 318January 4, 2020 11:40 AM

V's beauty..just look at that face and neck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 4, 2020 3:03 PM

R315, welcome to the future. Sorry you find it scary. You'll get used to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 4, 2020 5:31 PM

r320 I don't think you understand just what I found creepy about that post.

(Hint: it's not really the Korean girly-man singers, they're just silly and a sad symptom of the creepiness)

by Anonymousreply 321January 4, 2020 5:46 PM

R321, I was thinking what time might call the dystopian totalitarianism?

by Anonymousreply 322January 4, 2020 5:51 PM

what *some

by Anonymousreply 323January 4, 2020 5:52 PM

Jimin and V (and RM) are so cute in the audience of R298.

by Anonymousreply 324January 4, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote] Who cares? These lists are about popularity, not genuine attractiveness.

And who cares what you think? Of course, it's about popularity-- would Paul Newman be rated as a great male beauty if he wasn't a "popular" Hollywood star over an unknown actor no one has ever heard of? Genuine attractiveness is always subjective, like that person who said their hubby was hot. I bet if I saw him in real life, I'd rate him a 2.

by Anonymousreply 325January 4, 2020 6:48 PM

[quote][R315], welcome to the future. Sorry you find it scary. You'll get used to it.

In your kind of future it would be illegal to do anything but eat, sleep, work or shit.

by Anonymousreply 326January 4, 2020 7:09 PM

R326, and consume. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 327January 4, 2020 7:27 PM

R298 Are you an Asia-born-and-raised Asian? Because if you are not, I think you are probably under a delusion about K-pop industry, or Asian culture as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 328January 4, 2020 8:22 PM

The Brave New World Troll, a new one for DL. Could be worse, the 1984 Troll would probably be even more tedious.

by Anonymousreply 329January 4, 2020 8:42 PM

So many blocky blocks...

by Anonymousreply 330January 4, 2020 9:01 PM

Justin Beiber wants to be a K-Popper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 4, 2020 9:03 PM

Their Xmas thing in Daejeon was great. The stage and set were beautiful as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 5, 2020 10:40 AM

awww......so sweet..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 5, 2020 6:45 PM

^^secret lovers.

by Anonymousreply 334January 5, 2020 9:17 PM

He looks transies

by Anonymousreply 335January 5, 2020 9:32 PM

He looks transies

by Anonymousreply 336January 5, 2020 9:33 PM

V today at an awards show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 6, 2020 1:44 AM

He looks so much better when his natural tan skin is left alone like in the image above. Really annoying when those fansites whitewash him

by Anonymousreply 338January 6, 2020 1:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 6, 2020 1:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 6, 2020 1:56 AM

Due to his somewhat western features, Koreans have dubbed him "exotic."

A couple Korean plastic surgeons have come out to say that V's looks are the most sought after by Korean men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 6, 2020 2:10 AM

They're always attending award shows. How many award shows does Korea have?

by Anonymousreply 342January 6, 2020 4:36 AM

V is handsome, but I prefer Cha Eunwoo's nice-boy look.

by Anonymousreply 343January 6, 2020 4:11 PM

I love his 'I could murder you' energy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 6, 2020 5:52 PM

Pic of V in that outfit in R344

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 6, 2020 6:00 PM

This is the greatest concert I’ve ever seen, literally (dictionary definition). And it was at an awards show. Holy crap. I still don’t understand what I’m looking at during Mikrokosmos it’s absolutely amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 6, 2020 10:38 PM

Mikrokosmos starts at 13:15. Could someone please explain how, when everything lights up during the climax of the song, what’s being projected where? Same with when RM draws the star — how is that done?

by Anonymousreply 347January 6, 2020 10:44 PM

I’m just so amazed - how are the stars etc. being projected in the middle of empty space? Is it all holograms?

by Anonymousreply 348January 6, 2020 10:45 PM

Probably holograms.

by Anonymousreply 349January 7, 2020 2:35 AM

That whole concert/tv show was incredible.

I hope they perform on The Grammys and open up with Boy in Love---they'd knock their wigs off. There's so much energy and excitement in that performance.

by Anonymousreply 350January 7, 2020 2:45 AM

BTS's new album, "Persona: 7", is coming out 2/21/20. Announced last night.

Preorders Thursday 1/9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 7, 2020 2:47 PM

R83 takes me right back to my KAT-TUN days.

Jin Akanishi is the original Hot Messy Bitch but I thirsted him anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 7, 2020 3:28 PM

Amandla Stenberg, still young at 20 but proclaimed herself bi, then lesbian, now that awful term- nonbinary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 8, 2020 7:32 PM

Oops, sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 354January 8, 2020 7:33 PM

Maybe not so wrong, r353, since we're talking about boys who look like girls.

by Anonymousreply 355January 8, 2020 8:35 PM

I found this pretty interesting. They're very genuine here, discussing among other things their public personas vs. what they're really like. English captions just need to be switched on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 9, 2020 5:31 AM

They've come a long way from their American Hustle days 6 years ago. They attended a hip-hop boot camp in LA in the middle of Compton and mentored by some black rappers. It's funny to see them on Hollywood Blvd begging girls to be in their music video with their broken English or giving out leaflets to attend their concert for free. Now you can't even get tickets to their shows because they're sold out in minutes. The people who met them in the early days were damn lucky. The episodes are on You=Tube, its really funny to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 10, 2020 8:40 AM

Twitter going crazy over the beautiful "man in black on the left" at the Grammys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 29, 2020 3:20 AM

Handsome = vaguely androgynous? OK...

I prefer a real man thankyouverymuch.

by Anonymousreply 359January 29, 2020 3:23 AM

with Ariana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 29, 2020 3:35 AM

They have relentless social media PR. Their PR people pay to trend them on Twitter in the US. For example, one day Paul McCartney was on a chat show and the host asked him if he’d heard of BTS. He said yes & the host - Colbert at least - showed a clip where BTS was asked (as if it wasn’t planned) “What’s your favorite Beatles song?” And they went “Na na na an hey Jude.” McCartney politely clapped and when asked why he thought his music was universal he said, “Easy lyrics.” He was obviously being sarcastic as BTS can’t sing a Beatles song with lyrics.

Well, Twitter exploded with BTS PR claiming “SirPaul McCartney loves BTS! Compliments their version of Beatles songs, applauds! Thank you Sir Paul for your kind words & approval!”

They started about 10 feeds they filled up making it look as if McCartney had gone on tv specifically to show a BTS clip & applaud it and recommend it.

Really strange.

But hey, it worked. I remember when Michael Jackson trolled MTV for two months promo’ing his Thriller album before it came out, claiming the King of Pop (which no one had called him IRL) was about to explode onto your screen. Coworkers - mostly male white guys, believe it or not - could not WAIT for the album’s MTV debut with bated breath. It was pure PR & it worked.

by Anonymousreply 361January 29, 2020 4:07 AM

If PR worked for every band or every artist like this, then everyone who has PR would be just as popular. I don't think so... BTS has built a huge following from the ground up and worldwide for 7 years and now, it's become too huge. Their PR doesn't have to do much, all it takes is for BTS to make an appearance somewhere and for a non-fan tweets who is the good-looking one and their fans/Army are all over it.

by Anonymousreply 362January 29, 2020 4:33 AM

The guy just looks like he should have a wind-up key in his back or something. Just not to my taste.

by Anonymousreply 363January 29, 2020 4:36 AM

I really enjoy their livestreams on the V Live app.

by Anonymousreply 364January 29, 2020 4:52 AM

They’re on James Corden tonight. Ashton Kutcher carried Jin on stage for fun.

by Anonymousreply 365January 29, 2020 5:00 AM

After Jin military service is over, Netflix will lure him to star in a comedy series about an ex-K-Pop idol.

by Anonymousreply 366January 29, 2020 8:05 AM

Trending #1 today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 30, 2020 12:13 AM

He's not even close to being the most handsome K-pop star. Not when Kai, Shownu, Baekho, Hongseok exist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 30, 2020 5:11 AM

Cha Eunwoo might be up there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369January 30, 2020 5:31 AM

Hide and seek with Ashton K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 30, 2020 5:38 AM

Eunwoo.

V at 0.20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 30, 2020 6:24 AM

R317 trying the link again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 30, 2020 6:27 AM

SuperM are starting the 2nd leg of their tour and will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live next month.

There's so much talent and visuals in this group. They're still working in their original bands back in Korea. I hope SM is not overworking these guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Taehyung was drunk posting recently, Jungkook tried to distract him by playing a word game and Jin finally put his foot down and told him to stop and go to sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 30, 2020 7:47 AM

Even with a face mask on V still looks hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 31, 2020 4:11 AM

Him!?! They must be cock-eyed then!

by Anonymousreply 376January 31, 2020 4:18 AM

He isn't big on casual wear, but I do love him in a hoodie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 31, 2020 5:03 AM

V with RM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 31, 2020 5:07 AM

Anyone know what this K-pop hairstyle is called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 31, 2020 5:15 AM

Comma hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380January 31, 2020 5:20 AM

No more coconut heads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381January 31, 2020 6:03 AM

Jaemin and Jeno with comma hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 31, 2020 6:20 AM

Jungkook at the Grammys with the same hair style, showing forehead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 31, 2020 7:09 AM

V: My face looks like a pancake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384February 1, 2020 9:18 PM

I'm getting into NCT. So many cuties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385February 3, 2020 7:18 AM

The guy in the yellow sweater is wearing a wig, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 3, 2020 10:33 PM

Adorable NCT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387February 3, 2020 11:01 PM

I didn't know DL is now invaded with Korean teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 388February 3, 2020 11:05 PM

R387 at 11:02. Crazy cute.

by Anonymousreply 389February 3, 2020 11:39 PM

It's sad that he doesn't have a full name, only a letter.

by Anonymousreply 390February 4, 2020 1:30 AM

Younghoon of The Boyz is my 4th Generation V. 🤤🥰😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391February 8, 2020 6:45 AM

Fun NCT performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392February 8, 2020 6:48 AM

He’s in love with V.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393February 8, 2020 7:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394February 8, 2020 7:26 AM

All visuals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395February 9, 2020 4:48 AM

SuperM is the next BTS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 9, 2020 5:14 AM

This is very cute. V has a male idol admirer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397February 19, 2020 3:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!