Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYT Editorial Board Tries To Take Down Pete, Gets Read For Filth By Readers

In an odd Timesian twist, they ran an Editorial calling on Pete to talk about what he did at McKinsey, while at the same time running an article that basically confirmed "not a whole lot" since he was a junior employee. The article (vs the editorial) also talked about how there is a strict NDA in place since many of McK's clients don't want anyone (e.g., investors and clients) to know they are using consultants.

Commenters are pretty furious, claiming (correctly, I might add, since I am very familiar with that world) that as a right out of college junior employee, all Pete likely did was make spreadsheets and PowerPoints which then got passed on to higher ups who decided policy and what to do with them, and that calling him into account for his three years at McKinsey was similar to calling someone into account for an after school job at Walmart in high school.

Also a lot accusing the Times, which seems to run a lot of negative pieces about Pete, of doing a "Hillary" on him.

[NB: It seems that McKinsey made some stupid calls around immigration, a full decade after Pete worked there, and that Team Woke is very upset about that. But there's a strong NDA in place that Pete has asked to get out of, but I'd be shocked if there was anything to what he did there other than crunch numbers and issue reports that said "X is trending upwards for Q1 and Q2 this year which correlates with Y trending downwards those same quarters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2019 3:49 PM

Mayor Pete is a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2019 1:57 PM

Ah the NYT. I have truly come to despise these smarmy wolves in sheep's clothing even more than I dislike Fox News, which is at least transparent about being a republican mouthpiece. Unlike the smarmy dishonest concern trolls of the New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Clearly some of the powers that be are genuinely alarmed by Pete's rise.

I guess we'll have a new rallying cry: But His PowerPoints!!!

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2019 2:02 PM

The NY Times has become truly disgraceful. Between this and the Rachel McKinnon editorial, they've completely gone off the deep end into irrational, so to be irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2019 2:03 PM

This is the "news article" that ran the same day about his time at McKinsey over a decade ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Times Editorial tried to make a direct correlation between Trump disclosing the Trump Organizations finances and his involvement there and Pete disclosing what he did at McKinsey.

Comments were like "are you fucking serious? Trump owned the company, Pete was a junior cog in the wheel."

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2019 2:08 PM

I wonder how long until New York Times head hag Maureen Dowd starts her "He's awfully, ahem...effeminate " bullshit with Pete. Dowds favorite pastime seems to be questioning the masculinity of various male democrats.

I am glad that there was a backlash in the comments. Readers need to push back hard against the Times crap this time around.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2019 2:29 PM

The New York Times never found a well it didn't try to poison.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2019 2:35 PM

R5 He looks so young in that photo

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2019 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!