Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Martin admits he was once 'very homophobic': 'I was a kid discovering sexuality'

Chris Martin is opening up about his sexuality in a candid interview with Rolling Stone. The 42-year-old Coldplay frontman shared what it was like trying to navigate through boarding school with kids "aggressively" telling him he was "definitely gay" because of how he carried himself. Martin, who struggled with the idea because of his religious beliefs, shared it caused him to be homophobic as a young teenager while he tried to figure out his sexuality.

"What happened to me was when I went to boarding school I walked a bit funny and I bounced a bit, and I was also very homophobic because I was like, 'If I'm gay, I'm completely f***ed for eternity'" he admitted. "And I was a kid, like, discovering sexuality. 'Maybe I'm gay, maybe I'm this, maybe I'm that, I can't be this' so I was terrified and then I walked a bit funny and I was in a boarding school with a bunch of quite hardcore kids who were also going through their thing and, for a few years, they would very much say, 'You're definitely gay,' in quite a full-on manner, quite aggressively telling me that and it was weird for me for a few years."

"Did you think you were gay?" asked Rolling Stone founder and editorial director Jann S. Wenner.

"I was like, 'I don’t know and even if I am, I can't be because it’s wrong,'" the singer recalled. "If I am I can’t be."

Martin, who is currently dating actress Dakota Johnson, 30, said it caused a lot of "turmoil."

He added, "I started to worry about it for sure."

Then, when he was about 15, the singer began to realize it wouldn't be a big deal if he was gay. "I was like, 'Yeah so what?' And then it all just stopped overnight. It was very interesting. Once I was like, 'Yeah, so what if I'm gay,'" he explained.

As he started to experience more of the world, Martin said his view on sexuality began to shift. The musician, who grew up in a rural part of southwest England and was raised very religious, also started to examine his relationship with God.

"Just growing up a bit and having a bit more exposure to the world thinking, 'A lot of my heroes are gay' or whatever. Whatever they are, it doesn't really matter," he continued. "So what that did was ease a big pressure and then made me question, 'Hey maybe some of this stuff that I'm learning about God and everything, I'm not sure if I subscribe to all of this particular religion.' So for a few years, that was a bit wobbly and then eventually I just was like, 'Okay, I think I have my own relationship with what I think God is' and it's not really any one religion for me."

Martin's journey eventually led him to Gwyneth Paltrow. They wed in 2003, but announced their decision to consciously uncouple a decade later. Martin and Paltrow share two children, 15-year-old daughter Apple and 13-year-old son Moses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2020 4:02 PM

Empty drums make the loudest sound.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 8:24 PM

He has definitely had homosexual relations

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 8:25 PM

But ya' are, Blanche. Ya' ARE gay.

We've all heard the rumors about you cruising parks late at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 8:25 PM

Oooh, a thread where this is actually relevant and necessary:

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 8:25 PM

No way he's gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 8:27 PM

Chris is sexy.

I'd love to roll in the sack with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 8:28 PM

Chris looks like he just came out of the bushes with this guy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 8:31 PM

Definitely looks straight, to me.

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 8:46 PM

Compare this to the pic at R8, and you can see that Chris got his TEEFS fixeded!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 8:49 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2019 11:24 PM

Gurl, we don't give a shit. Why are you talking so much about gay, anyway? Either you suck cock or you don't. So stop talking about being gay and say something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2019 11:30 PM

So he's saying he's gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2019 11:31 PM

If only he had also discovered how to make music that didn't suck.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2019 11:33 PM

Is it true he underwent a circumcision before he got married to please Gwyneth?

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2019 11:47 PM

If you have to ask yourself if you are, then you already know the answer, Miss Martin.

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Any wonder why I consciously uncoupled?

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2019 11:55 PM

Only a gay man would want to marry Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 12:01 AM

He's said in several interviews that he wondered if he was gay when he was younger. I don't think most boys have that fear. Why does he feel he needs to keep bringing it up, although it is possible that the interview brings it up, and then makes that the big part of the printed story. But, still, you'd think he would know enough by know to not answer the question. I'm waiting for someone to ask if he has had gay sex. I have no doubt that he has. He is handsome, so lucky guy he experimented with.

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 12:01 AM

What a dipshit. If he's a latent homo and can't even suss it out to admit it, sheesh! If he's a closeted homo - coward. If he's straight, nobody needs to hear his trauma of thinking he was a gay boy. Because that's not a trauma and anyway he's a multimillionaire artist - get a fucking grip. There are people with real issues in this world. He's navel gazing about what?

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 12:12 AM

Who gives a fuck about this ugly breeder? He spawned with Cunteth Paltrow, which should tell you everything you need to know about his taste level.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 12:58 AM

I wish young breeder guys wouldn't feel the need to cut their teeth on the gays. To define themselves by how not gay they are. We're not here to help you forge your masculine identity.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 1:35 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2020 1:58 PM

Why do these homosexuals keep sucking my cock?

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Better gay than gooposexual.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 2:02 PM

He has to be gay, he married GOOP.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 2:16 PM

Why at like, 15 is he asking himself if he is gay BUT for the fact he is lusting after guys? He would NOT ask otherwise.

Of COURSE you are, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2020 2:33 PM

I’d suck it.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] I’d suck it.

There are rumors he had "it" circumcized upon GOOP's orders.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 3:19 PM

Paltrow is gay. She only dates gay men. Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2020 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!