Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happens if Trump loses in 2020 — and refuses to leave?

It is the nightmare Democrats never think about, except when they’re Googling obscure Supreme Court opinions at 3 a.m., or talk about, except once a week with their therapists: What happens if Donald Trump loses reelection — and refuses to go? As Democratic primary voters agonize over who is their most “electable” candidate, a slightly different question looms: Who would be the strongest standard-bearer if the fight goes on past the election, beyond the experience of history, and into the uncharted territory outside the Constitution?

Speculating on what Trump might do on Jan. 20, 2021, if he’s not taking the oath of office, is a fraught exercise that depends heavily on armchair analysis of Trump’s personality, his acute sensitivity to being seen as a “loser” and his insistence on treating every criticism and setback as a personal attack. Some people who know him well, however, believe that he would refuse to recognize electoral defeat and seek to avoid the consequences — especially since one of those would be the loss of presidential immunity and the risk that investigators from various law-enforcement agencies would be lined up waiting for him to leave the White House.

To be fair, there is nothing that suggests Trump is actually preparing for this eventuality. But these concerns have been raised by, among others, his longtime lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, who told a House hearing back in February, “I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, that there will never be a peaceful transition of power. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is also skeptical, having “told associates that she does not automatically trust the president to respect the results of any election short of an overwhelming defeat,” according to a story in the New York Times published in May.

Of course, Trump has himself made the idea of staying in office beyond a second term a staple of his rally speeches, with the only-somewhat-reassuring qualification that he’s joking. This is, after all, a president who, three years later, is still disputing the popular-vote totals in an election he won.

“I don’t see much discussion about it,” Rutgers University distinguished professor of political science Ross Baker told Yahoo News, “but I am deeply concerned about the possibility that a close election that the Democrats win would be interpreted by Trump as not having achieved a mandate. The president controls the national narrative, and Trump is particularly good at that. He can demand recounts, do all kinds of things to raise doubts about the legitimacy of a Democratic victory.”

Baker added that “all kinds of complications present themselves” if a president refuses to surrender power — a situation the Constitution, which has elaborate provisions for resolving a tie in the Electoral College, does not explicitly contemplate.

A lot might depend on the margin of the victory; a close election obviously would be easier for Trump and his supporters to contest and discredit. “If the Democrats are to win they have to have a resounding victory,” Baker said, echoing the point Pelosi was making.

The scenarios would play out differently at different points in the process. If the Electoral College votes for one or more individual states are in dispute, the issue could go to the Supreme Court, as it did in 2000. After the Electoral College votes it is up to Congress, sitting in joint session, to “certify” the outcome — generally a formality, but no one can say how it might play out if enough members of either party are convinced they’re being cheated. Baker takes the cautiously optimistic view that even congressional Republicans, hitherto famously loyal to Trump, would regard a power grab at that stage as insupportable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2019 4:43 PM

“I think they would look at that as so dire and so menacing that they would agree to respect the results,” he said. “But you never know.”

If Trump is still contesting the results as the end of his term approaches and refusing to participate in a transition of power, Baker pointed out, he could be impeached and tried in the Senate — even if he has already been impeached, tried and exonerated once.

Ultimately the resolution could be in the hands of Chief Justice John Roberts, who is responsible for administering the oath of office and presumably — although this again has never been put to the test — could refuse to swear in a candidate he regarded as illegitimate.

And if Roberts swears in Trump’s opponent, and Trump still tries to run the government and refuses to leave the White House … well, let’s not speculate any further. We’re not going to get the military involved, are we?

But here’s the thing: If it comes down to any of these eventualities, the memory of the election of 2000 is likely to weigh heavily on Democrats. In that year the Supreme Court, divided along partisan lines, halted a recount in the decisive state of Florida, leaving George W. Bush ahead by a few hundred votes. In the interest of national unity, Democrat Al Gore treated the matter as settled. He did not look for grounds for another lawsuit, or mount a public protest over the infamous “Brooks Brothers riot,” a noisy demonstration by dozens of Republicans that stopped an ongoing recount of ballots cast in Miami-Dade County, which could have reversed the results if it had been allowed to proceed.

Some Democrats still think Gore should have fought longer and harder — for vindication by public opinion, even if the legal battle was lost. And some of those may have that in mind as they make their decisions about a candidate for 2020. In simple terms, does the possibility that Trump might contest the results of next year’s election argue for nominating one of the candidates who cast themselves as a “fighter”?

Or does it suggest that a candidate whose brand is “unity” and centrism would be more likely to win the backing, however reluctant, of Republicans in Congress, of Supreme Court justices or even, should it come to that, of the military? What asset would be most useful in a fight that has no precedent in American law or history: Elizabeth Warren’s passion, Bernie Sanders’s loyal army of followers, Michael Bloomberg’s billions, Joe Biden’s reassuring geniality, Pete Buttigieg’s facile shrewdness?

A lot — or nothing — might depend on how the “what if” question is answered. And now, Baker believes, it’s being asked more and more. Even if silently.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 7:34 PM

Then the Secret Service will drag him out of the WH into the nearest dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 7:45 PM

Military comes in....hopefully they are biting at the bit and ready to go!

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 7:59 PM

He won't refuse to leave you hairy hysterical queen. He'll happily spaz off to retirement

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 8:01 PM

He can easily be lured out by a model in a bikini dangling a bag of McDonalds in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 8:08 PM

The Secret Service will remove him. It’s been discussed on an NPR podcast.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 8:19 PM

Pointless article as we are doomed to another Trump term. You better be making plans to be out of here by summer to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 8:19 PM

He won't even bother sticking around long enough for his replacement to be sworn in.

He will sneak away in the middle of the night to somewhere outside the reach of US prosecution like the rat that he is.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 8:21 PM

Trump ain't gonna lose, darling.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 8:38 PM

The secret service and the FBI HATE him, I think we're good. Just vote this fucker out of office, by voting for the DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE.

If a rabid bat was the Democratic Candidate, it would still do less damage than Trump and his treasonous, fucked up grifter kids.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 8:44 PM

IF he loses (and don’t assume he will), he will bray for a week or two about the unfairness Of it and refuse to concede.

Then he will quit before January 20 and Pence will be president for 6 weeks or something

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 8:45 PM

This won’t happen. Because he isn’t going to lose.

Period. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 8:52 PM

I think there's a very strong chance he'll "win" the election through fixed polls and declare himself permanent head of state during the next term with the threat of total civic overthrow in his pocket.

We're overlooking the fact that although he is loathed by professional military he is loved by the rank and file and is seeking explicitly to destroy the chain of command. His support for war criminals is not a mistake. He wants a guard dog-militia on his side and it looks like he may very well get it.

I really think if this piece of shit gets his way we are headed for a fascist police state, death camps and blood in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 9:11 PM

What if he wins fair and square...how will Datalounge handle it?

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 9:13 PM

He will be physically removed.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 9:13 PM

For those of you saying that he will win in 2020, what do you think the Electoral College map will look like?

Because I don't think that Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and Florida will vote for him again.

I really don't.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]What if he wins fair and square

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 9:15 PM

Jail, suicide or the mental institution await him.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 9:18 PM

I will personally go to DC and snatch that rat's nest right off his orange skull.

Maybe I should snatch his entire head off. Just to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 9:21 PM

R16 , I think it totally depends on who his opponent is. If it's Biden, you're probably right (unless he's full-blown Alzheimers by then), but if it's Warren or Sanders , I think you're dead wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 9:32 PM

These are scary times. The nominee needs to simultaneously: 1.) Be able to reach the Obama voters who supported Trump and make them feel comfortable ; 2.) Not scare the ultra rich into voting for Trump 3.) Excite minority voters; 4.) Excite young voters; 5.) and can behave in the debate like a cross between a statesman and a WWE fighter. Those debates are going to have huge ratings and whoever debates him must win to win the general election.

We have candidates who can do 1-3 of these points, but there isn’t someone who can do all 5.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 9:41 PM

Warren and Sanders are too far left for Middle America. Pete will not bring in any black voters. Bloomberg will be anathema to Sanders supporters. Biden SEEMS like the safe choice, but every time he talks, it's embarrassing. Never thought this to be true before, but Klobuchar might have the best chance.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 9:49 PM

r21 is deeply CONCERNED about the Democratic field.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 9:54 PM

Bernie Sanders can carry the rust belt. He already has the millennials and the progressives, who will work their asses off for him. Universal health care and free tuition will help african americans, but to lock up the vote he should get a well liked african american.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 10:06 PM

Guillotine?

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 10:09 PM

R16, as much as I wish it were otherwise, of the states you mention, I think Pennsylvania is the only one that, at this point at least, is up for grabs. The rest look like they're going to stick with Trump. You don't mention Michigan, my home state, but I am cautiously optimistic a democrat - other than Warren/Sanders - can win here.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Middle Americans hate wall street and faux coastal elites. Warren and Sanders are not from NY or Cali. They also hate the billionaires. They are pro democracy. Both will do well, polls show us this too. Though I think Bernie Sanders may be a better option than Warren. But these two are our hope to kick the trump grifter out.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 10:16 PM

The person who wins the democratic nomination will then run against trump in the general. They will debate and they will be interviewed. Bernie Sanders has a straight shooter style. People really like his communication style and he is a hard core campaigner. He just is a very likable guy.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote] Middle Americans hate wall street and faux coastal elites.

So what the fuck is Trump, the corrupt fat pig from Queens? He's more big business and faux elite than anybody in the country.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote] The nominee needs to simultaneously: 1.) Be able to reach the Obama voters who supported Trump and make them feel comfortable ; 2.) Not scare the ultra rich into voting for Trump 3.) Excite minority voters; 4.) Excite young voters; 5.) and can behave in the debate like a cross between a statesman and a WWE fighter. Those debates are going to have huge ratings and whoever debates him must win to win the general election.

[quote] We have candidates who can do 1-3 of these points, but there isn’t someone who can do all 5.

TOM STEYER.

I don't know why people are ignoring him.

From where I sit, he really is the best candidate to beat DUMP. Why doesn't anyone else see this?

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 10:33 PM

It's bad enough that folks just won't shut up about Russians, as bogey men hiding under every bed and behind every tree; this talk about Trump refusing to leave office is just too much paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 10:43 PM

I understand what R21 is saying, but I also don't believe that winning has to be that complicated. Trump would not have won in 2016 without election meddling but more concerning is that he will likely win again in 2020 if we can't nip this in the bud. It is hard to win against cheaters and we desperately need to address this issue somehow.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 11:41 PM

Quit being a bunch of Debbie Downers - we're in uncharted territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 12:23 AM

Quit being a bunch of Debbie Downers - we're in uncharted territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2019 12:23 AM

I fear he’ll cheat and win next year. And then he’ll expand limits, and then after his third time he’ll refuse to leave ever and cancel elections. That’s def where this is going unless there’s an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote]I live in Florida part of the year, and I honestly think you're wrong about the state. It'll be close but Trump will prevail. I pray I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 12:31 AM

They want all the gays to sign up for free prep to create their gay concentration camp database.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2019 12:45 AM

The guy never really expected to end up as president in the first place. He is never going to try to "stay" in the White House. Seriously, some of you really need to find something else to do. Why don't you look into campaigning for the candidate of your choice instead of worrying about fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2019 1:07 AM

Hit him with a tranquilizer dart and remove him with a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2019 1:08 AM

"he secret service and the FBI HATE him"

if so (ha ha ha) why an't they let an accident happen?

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2019 1:16 AM

Well, it's obvious that his staff hates him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2019 1:26 AM

r41, the emperor has no clothes, but everyone is too afraid to tell him.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2019 1:40 AM

The Republicans in congress are almost worse than Trump. I wish we could get rid of them all. Nazis should be ashamed and hide their hideous lives.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2019 2:05 AM

OP,

The loser who refuses to go is Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2019 2:41 AM

In the past, the President goes to the Capital for the swearing in of his successor. While he is out, the living quarters are stripped and replaced. The bed, the toilet, the rugs, furnishings, everything. The Oval Office May het a new rug and furnishings as well. Everything is cleaned, such as the resolute desk that has stayed in the Oval Office for use by the last few Presidents.

Trump will not go to the Capital, which I think is fine as it’s a stupid tradition. It must be torture for a defeated President. But I think he’ll have left the White House. After his successor is sworn in, he’s just a former President and trespasser.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Bernie Sanders can carry the rust belt.

Stop. Really, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2019 3:08 AM

OP, you're assuming he'll be in office until January, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 3:14 AM

R28 I don't think there will be any Presidential debates between Trump and whoever the Democratic nominee is because I feel pretty sure Trump will simply refuse to debate.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2019 3:30 AM

R48 good point. He has an infantile mind and that's how people with that problem act. So I won't commit to agreeing with you, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2019 3:32 AM

If only one of the two major candidates refuses to debate, the networks have to pledge to give an hour to the other, free, to make a national speech. And all the networks have to pledge to show it, or at least, not show the other candidate at some fake veteran’s rally.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2019 3:42 AM

Just open the gate and let him roam pantless around DC. This might be the best strategy.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2019 3:46 AM

I too think Trump would (will?) refuse to debate.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2019 3:51 AM

He won’t even be on the ballot for 2020

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2019 3:57 AM

Debating is Trump’s favorite part. He’s not going to refuse to debate.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2019 3:57 AM

R54 must be because he doesn't know how idiotic he sounds. He couldn't piece together one lucid point without interjecting something about himself if his life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2019 4:03 AM

I disagree r54. Trump thinks he's a fucking King at this point; He won't want to "lower" himself to debate with a mere Democratic nominee who he considers beneath him.

You think I'm kidding?

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2019 12:43 PM

I think you’re serious r56 but I think you’re wrong. He loves the mudfight. If there were a debate every day he would do it. Do you not remember the 2016 debates?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2019 1:50 PM

Erm, OP? Without the presidency, Trump has no authority whatsoever. He will be removed, with force if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2019 1:54 PM

Why would in the incoming President need any handover from the Trump administration? You think these people are actually doing any work for the American people? I fear none of you realise what a compete waste of time this presidency has been. What are they going to handover? Instructions on how to keep leveraging American power to benefit Trump? Please.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2019 1:58 PM

I said this on a similar thread months ago, but he'll be dragged out kicking & screaming - the way Julian Assange was removed from the Ecuadorian embassy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2019 1:59 PM

The one thing we know for sure R56 is that he’ll do even less preparation.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2019 2:02 PM

Trump will debate, if eventually. The media would call him a coward for not doing it, someone would eventually persuade him he had to and it’ll be a total shitshow. Trump is OVER. With each tick of the clock, everything just gets worse for him. And the worst is yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Yeah, I seriously doubt Trump will at the swearing in of President Warren because he’ll already be in the back of a paddy wagon by then.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2019 2:14 PM

See you on election night!

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2019 2:21 PM

Even if he is defeated, Trump is still officially president until 12 noon on January 20, 2021; it's right there in the Constitution.

Are we sure he won't try some crazy ploy or shenanigans before then to try to keep himself in office? I would not put it past him.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2019 2:22 PM

Have two eastern European pee pee girls on the WH lawn doing their thing and gets his attention, then as he runs out the residence quarters to greet them, federal marshals are there to nab him.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2019 2:40 PM

R65, that's what scares me. I think he will take on a scorched earth policy with the U.S. and the rest of the world. End treaties, start wars and sell out to all our enemies.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2019 4:58 PM

r50, no they don't. The Fairness Doctrine no longer exists, thanks to St. Ronnie of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2019 5:05 PM

The NATO treaty has a one-year exit clause. If he chooses to exit, it will take no effect until after the election.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]Middle Americans hate wall street and faux coastal elites. Warren and Sanders are not from NY or Cali. They also hate the billionaires. They are pro democracy. Both will do well, polls show us this too. Though I think Bernie Sanders may be a better option than Warren. But these two are our hope to kick the trump grifter out.

Not going to happen. Those "faux coastal elites" that you call them (watching Faux News again Dear?) Make up more than half of the US population. They drive the countries innovation and economic engine. You start calling them names, or dismissing them like they have no legitimate concerns of their own and you might as well say good by to ANY healthcare, hello debtors prison via reelection Mr. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2019 7:59 AM

This is why he needs to impeached (again) after the election and lame duck Senate could remove him. Pence would be President for two months.

by Anonymousreply 71December 6, 2019 8:08 AM

Trump will be unleashed if he wins again. You think the last 3 years have been bad? You ain't seen nothing. He will have carte blanche to go hog wild like a drunken sailor who just scored a pound of meth.

Goodby Healthcare of any kind

Pay off student loans or go to Jail

Recycling will be eliminated

Global Warming will officially be declared a Hoax

Drilling in Yosemite and and condos in National Parks

Smog and pollution laws will be eliminated

Solar will be declared Snowflake Industry

The Supreme court will be staked full hard right deplorable for the next 30 to 40 years.

Gay Marrage rights will be legally phased out

Kim Jong Un will launch rockets that reach the US

Russians will be declared US citizens just by entering the states

America will become land of drunken thugs and whores who reek of Vodka.

by Anonymousreply 72December 6, 2019 8:15 AM

R70 are you living under a rock? The USA basically does not have any innovation and economic engine.

by Anonymousreply 73December 6, 2019 8:16 AM

Trying to be as hopeful as possible, perhaps he won’t feel the need to hew so closely to his base & will be more concerned about his historical legacy.

by Anonymousreply 74December 6, 2019 8:26 AM

No R73, I live in California where Silicon Valley, Computers, iPhones, Smart Tablets, the Internet, Facebook, Tesla, SpaceX, JPL and almost all things you probably use today were invented. Not to mention 80% of the fruit and vegetables the US consumes is grown here. So yes, maybe I stand corrected, I should have said California is where the innovation and economic engine is.

by Anonymousreply 75December 6, 2019 8:28 AM

You may consider those things Innovation, but they're not. Almost all lectronic products are all made in China, not in CA. I live in a state known for agriculture, but we have a huge balance of payments deficit. That cancels out agricultural benefits. I understand that CA's economy is larger than many countries, but that doesn't mean diddly squat in the big picture when the USA has a national debt exceeding $20 trillion and Social Security and Medicare are running cash-negative. By the way, I was an Economics major and a university professor's teaching assistant in Economics.

by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2019 8:38 AM

^ Get huh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 6, 2019 8:53 AM

Can we just focus on the "lose" part and cross the other bridge when we get there?

by Anonymousreply 78December 6, 2019 10:24 AM

Hopefully we won't even get to lose and he'll be out of the White House before January, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 79December 6, 2019 10:33 AM

OP Puhleeze. We should be so lucky that he loses. His not leaving is the least of our worries right now.

by Anonymousreply 80December 6, 2019 10:35 AM

R79 That would be ideal. Not holding my breath though. Most Republican Senators are going down with that ship. Hopefully, karma gets all the ones up for reelection next year.

by Anonymousreply 81December 6, 2019 10:36 AM

OP please take your meds and lie down for a little while. You'll feel better.

Honestly this is in line with Pizzagate - too fantastical. It simply won't happen. What is sad is I know some very smart people who believe both of these things.

by Anonymousreply 82December 6, 2019 11:10 AM

[QUOTE] Are we sure he won't try some crazy ploy or shenanigans before then to try to keep himself in office?

🙄 Yes, we’re sure.

Stop bumping this stupid ass thread. After a new President is sworn in, the Secret Service will hog tie him and throw him into the back of his U-Haul with Melania and Baron if they must. He will become nothing more than a trespasser on White House grounds.

by Anonymousreply 83December 6, 2019 11:17 AM

He won’t lose, so.

by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2019 11:19 AM

Please. Trump will be so relieved not to have to be POTUS anymore. He'll probably be his best self during the handover period, relieved he can go back to his old life of talking shit and doing nothing, outside of D.C.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2019 11:25 AM

He won’t be relieved. Without the protection of the presidency, he’ll have to worry about him and his cronies getting thrown in jail. Plus he’ll be a one-term President and that means “loser” in his book.

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2019 11:31 AM

Another strong jobs report out. I fear that Trump's going to ride a strong economy to victory. It usually is the prescription for electoral success.

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2019 3:11 PM

A jobs report has little or nothing to with the true state of the economy. The USA does not have a strong economy, R87. However, many Americans who support President Trump can be fooled into believing that it does. Please see R76.

by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2019 3:19 PM

Hopefully he'll pull a "Thelma and Louise"

Sayonara, you crusty cock sucker from hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 13, 2019 6:55 PM

R88, hello. Here to check a comment today and saw yours. Your comment is correct and thanks kindly for your reference to mine where I dropped an "e" in the 2nd sentence. Take care and happy holidays.

R76

by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Getting Trump to leave is as easy as shoving him all the door with all the other trash, but if Trump loses in 2020, what happens when he runs again in 2024, claiming the entire 4 years that the election was stolen from him and his idiot followers believing him.

by Anonymousreply 91December 13, 2019 7:07 PM

"Enough of your nonsense, donald; don't make us have to come in there," Michelle Obama shouted from the Oval Office foyer, "If you're not out here in five minutes, First Lady Jill and I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy meal."

His curiosity piqued, "What's the toy in my Happy Meal?" asks a small voice from behind the door.

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2019 8:06 PM

r91, the ensuing Democratic administration could pass a law that all presidential candidates must 1] provide 8 years of financials, and 2] a plan to transfer control of assets to third parties if elected.

Also, Trump will not be out of jail by 2024 in order to run. Or Barr.

Ignoring Congressional subpoenas needs to have a judicial remedy.

by Anonymousreply 93December 13, 2019 8:27 PM

That’s funny, R92; but it’s [italic] Dr. [/italic] Jill, if you please. Thank you

by Anonymousreply 94December 13, 2019 8:48 PM

If the GOP can steal ejections like they did in 2000, 2004 & 2016, why can’t we? Make it a landslide in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 95December 13, 2019 9:17 PM

Obviously it’s elections, not ejections. GOP needs surgery to eject.

by Anonymousreply 96December 13, 2019 9:18 PM

No way will Trump lose in 2020, so the question is moot.

by Anonymousreply 97December 13, 2019 10:20 PM

Bloomberg and Steyer voted for Trump, knowing him personally. Trump is bad, but these two are worse. Why are these two so against the American people having Health Care and free public education? Oh i know, it is because these 2 are FASCISTS.

by Anonymousreply 98December 14, 2019 1:26 AM

R95, that answer is childishly simply... All the Democrats and Liberals banded together do not have enough freaking money to steal an election!

by Anonymousreply 99December 14, 2019 1:31 AM

How can anyone who knows Trump, vote for him? Seriously, I just can’t imagine it.

by Anonymousreply 100December 14, 2019 1:31 AM

R100, that answer is simple also. Nobody wants to pay taxes. That's why people vote GOP.

And for R99, you can throw in Independents also....still not enough money to steal an election.

by Anonymousreply 101December 14, 2019 1:33 AM

[quote]Bloomberg and Steyer voted for Trump, knowing him personally.

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 14, 2019 1:34 AM

Bloomberg with Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 14, 2019 1:36 AM

[quote] Why don't you look into campaigning for the candidate of your choice instead of worrying about fantasy.

They are campaigning for the candidate of their choice. Why else do you think this thread exists in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 104December 14, 2019 1:37 AM

Trumps with the Bloombergs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 14, 2019 1:40 AM

It would be so cathartic for our country- and the world- if he was overwhelmingly voted out of office in 10 months.

He would be leaving under the cloud of a failed Presidency, and questions of whether he legitimately won the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 106December 14, 2019 1:46 AM

... and Trump on "The View". Who cares? Everyone has a pic with Trump; he's like The World's Largest Ball of Twine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 14, 2019 1:50 AM

Trump only wins if someone other than Joe Biden wins the nomination. Midwest and Upper Midwest and Virginia will not vote for Warren or Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 108December 14, 2019 1:54 AM

He will win unless the young get out to vote. There are more of us to them. But he will win. My lovable mom just thinks he the best. It drives me crazy. And she does vote.

by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2019 1:55 AM

R109, do you think if she visited the White House and he really grabbed her snatch, would she still vote for him?

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2019 1:57 AM

R108? Huh? Biden wins those states in a landslide.

I'm a Pete fan.

by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2019 1:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2019 2:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2019 2:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2019 2:05 AM

"Bloomberg and Steyer voted for Trump, knowing him personally"

Evidence? I highly doubt liberal Dem turned NYC Repub, turned Independent, turned Democrat Bloonberg voted for Donald. Love him or hate him, Bloomberg isn't dumb and has no need to suck up to anyone. Steyer, on the other hand, is on an egotrip as big as Trump's and I don't give a fuck who he ever voted for.

by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2019 2:12 AM

R115 if you believe Bloomberg was ever a liberal, I have oceanfront property for you in Utah.

by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2019 2:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2019 6:52 AM

R116, everyone in New York is a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2019 2:16 PM

[QUOTE] It’s not unusual for a sitting president to inflate his own importance. Large egos come with the job, and the trappings of the office would feed anyone’s hubris. Lyndon Johnson, walking toward what he thought was his helicopter after visiting troops in California, was told by an officer that it wasn’t his aircraft. “Son, they are all my helicopters,” the commander in chief replied.

😂 LBJ was a motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Cockroaches are more appealing than a Trump supporter. What a vile group of parasites with no morals, ethics or dignity. Just vile.

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 2:38 PM

The Dem impeachment crowd has guaranteed Trumps reelection. Maybe that was the plan all along.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 2:45 PM

R121, the "president" has abused the god damned office. We cannot just look the other way. It's sickening we have people like you who will keep whistle-blowers (ie., those who do the right thing) from coming forward because they're afraid of this pile of toxic shit being reelected. The electoral system is what is destroying this country. The majority of this country being held hostage by the minority who are just stupid, hateful and/or greedy

If Trump wins, we'll deserve it for being no better than any other corrupt nation. He has broken laws. He has abused his position for profit, he has engaged in blackmail, in threats. He is a pox on this country to anyone who actually is a patriot and actually cares about the country, not a fucking letter "R" or "D."

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 3:59 PM

R116 - “everyone in New York is a liberal.”

You sound triggered R116, as if liberal is something to be ashamed of. As if the “conservative” (ahem), in-chief who holds our democracy hostage, is the second coming...

In any event; NO. Not everyone in New York is a liberal. What a foolish and erroneous generalization on your part.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2019 4:59 PM

^^^^^^^^ Sorry, that was sincerely meant for R118.

Not R116

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2019 5:01 PM

R124, I'm not R118, but the ones who aren't, don't matter because this state will never go Republican in a presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2019 5:07 PM

R123, most every politician in on the liberal scale in New York CITY, you idiot. I'm not talking about the voters. There are no bible thumping conservative politicians in the NYC area. And NYS always votes blue, as R125 said. I think R123 is purest who will vote for one of the left wingers who'll contribute to Trump's reelection in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2019 6:04 PM

Boris at r121, go away. Classic Russian sowing of discord.

If Trump had stopped committing crimes after he was elected, he would bot be impeached.

Trump has done more crimes in ONE term than any other impeached president.

Trump's legacy will be his First Term Impeachment.

As usual, Dems do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2019 6:14 PM

And after he's acquitted in the Senate, R127, Trump will be doing bigger stuff because he'll feel emboldened. This will help him lose re-election unless the Dems self-destruct by nominating a left wing loon.

by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]You may consider those things Innovation, but they're not. Almost all lectronic products are all made in China, not in CA.

It's not where they are made, its where they were invented! California is a hot bed of innovation. Why do you think so many investors go to California to look for start ups instead of Texas? Texas state may have low taxes and cheap housing but it's not innovative. Big companies get their stuff made in different countries all the time. When I was young it was Made in Japan, now it's China or Korea or Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2019 10:46 PM

[quote]This will help him lose re-election unless the Dems self-destruct by nominating a left wing loon

A "left wing loon" would still be more desirable, professional, presidential, honest and responsible, intelligent than the criminal in the White House. I will vote for ANYONE with a D behind their name as should the rest of you.

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2019 10:53 PM

What exactly is a "left-wing loon"? Like, what policy is anywhere as insane as the entire GOP?

by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2019 11:11 PM

“Open borders”, R131. I hate it when the Republicans repeat that one, since no one prominent is in favor of it.

by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2019 11:53 PM

Bernie is a left wing loon.

Bernie is unelectable in 2020 America.

by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2019 12:05 AM

Sure, R130. Just remember McGovern 1972. If you can't remember, look it the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 134December 15, 2019 12:57 AM

McGovern is irreverent, look up NIXON! Which one actually did damage to the country? Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 135December 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Try to concentrate, R135. Nixon was a paranoid maniac who did lots of damage, yeah. The issue is that he won because the Democratic Party ended up nominating a candidate (McGovern) way too left wing to appeal to the average voter, hence Nixon's landslide re-election in 1972. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2019 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!