Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bombshell Vs. Richard Jewell

Both about fake news, but both with differing agendas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 7:30 PM

c) Seberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 7:12 PM

I really am looking forward to the Richard Jewell movie and Seberg. The trailer for both looked excellent. I want to see Bombshell too but I hope they don't turn the Fox News women into overly sympathetic victims. They were all for Fox propaganda as long as they were benefiting.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 7:21 PM

Eastwood has skeezy politics but the Jewell movie is an important one. The Jewell story was authentic "fake news " , not what is called fake news by Trump. The authorities and media colluded to ruin this guy's life. I think the Richard Jewell movie is more important because we have all heard about the issues depicted in Bombshell ad nauseum but very little about the problems that develop when an public accusation repeated irresponsibly by the media turns out to be false.

Seberg looks amazing. I know Stewart gets a lot of hate here but I think she's going to do really really well in this role. I found the trailer gripping. Funny how both Jewell and Seberg had vastly different life circumstances but were both destroyed by lies spread by the press and authorities.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!