Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charlize Theron Says Weinstein Lied to People About Them Sleeping Together

When the dozens of sexual harassment and assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein first broke, Charlize Theron said she “wasn’t surprised” that the producer would abuse his power. In a new interview with the New York Times, she gets a little more specific about how he harassed and meddled with Miramax’s stars. “Pitting women against each other? [Weinstein] was really, really good at that. There was a lot of, like, ‘Well, I’m talking to Gwyneth for this movie …’ One of his lines was that Renée [Zellweger] and I slept with him to get jobs,” Theron told the Times. “There was no limit to him. Even in the sexual favors, he would still pit us against each other.”

In a class-action lawsuit filed in December 2017, the actress Melissa Sagemiller said that Weinstein frequently boasted about having slept with famous actresses to persuade women into sexual favors. At the time, Weinstein denied that he lied about having sex with Theron, Zellweger, or Gwyneth Paltrow, saying that he “has never stated he slept with any of them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Sure Jan...

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 4:47 PM

I think she wants people to believe it. She did SOMETHING for him, in that regard. She WAS the "IT" girl and it worked. It may not have been intercourse but probably something else. I'm sure she hated it. Charlize doesn't play for the guy's team anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 4:50 PM

Her face looks different in that pic.

Botox or actual surgery or just odd expression?

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 4:59 PM

When Charlize came up, Hollywood was in the process of becoming the nepotism-based closed-shop nightmare it is now. Then it was almost impossible for someone without money or connections to make it (it's totally impossible now) then, but she did it, and if that meant choosing to deal with Weinstein rather than go back to the hellhole she came from, well, there was no other way for someone like her to claw her way up.

So, well. Of course Weinstein would lie about his conquests, and Charlize is going to lie about what she did to make it from the bottom to the top. We aren't going to know the truth on this one, nobody has anything to gain by being honest.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 5:01 PM

Wouldn’t trust a bitch as far as I could throw her

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 5:11 PM

Goop fucked him for years.

Years and years and years. Ditto Uma Bigbird.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 5:28 PM

Whatever, she's a great actress and he's a goddamned pig pervert

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 5:33 PM

I don’t believe her

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 5:46 PM

'Goop fucked him for years.

Years and years and years. Ditto Uma Bigbird."

Prove it, otherwise STFU.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 5:50 PM

Umm that wasn’t a denial... no? Help those with reading comprehension issues, because she simply states it was one of his lines he used to pit women against each other- not commenting on the veracity of the line.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 6:06 PM

Theron outlined her own harassment, which happened in 1994 and involved a “very famous director” whose house she visited on a Saturday night for an audition. She says he “wore silk pajamas and offered me a drink and rubbed my knee”. “I was just starting out; I didn’t know the ins and outs, and said to myself as I was driving there at 9pm … ‘Maybe that’s how they do it in the movie industry?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 3:31 PM

Sounds as if she slept with him.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 3:46 PM

Interview with Terry Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Charlize comes off as a crazy, psycho, narcissist in every interview.

She's not a bitch. Madonna is a bitch, but Madonna doesn't seem like she would lose her mind and shoot someone in rage. I've never seen Madonna fight with her black children. Madonna is a saint compared to that borderline pd Charlize.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 3:55 PM

Who was the director?

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 3:56 PM

Yeah, she doesn't actually say that he lied.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 3:59 PM

R9 fuck your mother Goop intern. I don’t have to prove shit to you, anonymous nobody.

Now go earn your dollar a post shilling her twat eggs. Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 4:14 PM

"There was no limit to him. Even in the sexual favors, he would still pit us against each other.”

Did she REALLY just say that right now?!?! She's practically shouting from the rooftops that she fucked Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 4:15 PM

Look at her filmography. She was as much a Miramax princess as Renee and Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 4:21 PM

Wow, R18! That quote is insane! I can’t believe she actually said that....

by Anonymousreply 20December 17, 2019 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!