Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10

New teaser featuring Larry David has dropped! And it reveals nothing!

I hope to see some more Ted Danson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2020 5:54 AM

Curb without Funkhouser? Man, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 12:47 PM

I loathe Larry David. He’s Garry Shandling level unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 12:55 PM

^^ Ha - the only show I think that rivals CYE is The Larry Sanders Show ^^

I adore them both.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Please, please, please let them have an episode where he joins Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 1:20 PM

That's a bit 10 years ago, r4. I don't know if an episode where Larry is "cancelled" after tangling with "SJWs" would work. He wouldn't care for a start.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 6:39 AM

The new trailer feautres the return ofTed Danson plus Fred Armisen, Jane Krakowski, Sasha Alexande, a Trans Woman Of Color and Jon Hamm trying to be funny.

It's out January 19!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 11:29 AM

Looks pretty pretty pretty good OP

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 11:31 AM

Can't wait! Funniest show I've ever seen; I binge watch all the reruns all the time.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 12:05 PM

I just watched the first episode. Anybody see it? Eh. There were two things I found funny, but won't give away until/unless people start populating the thread.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2020 5:44 AM

The big goodbye is the greatest move ever.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2020 5:53 AM

Ugh. I used to love this show, but I couldn't even finish the last two seasons. It became too self-referential. Is the new season off to a stronger start?

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2020 6:20 AM

I thought the first episode of Season 10 was hilarious. About eight different subplots that coalesce into what seems to be the two major plots of the whole season.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2020 6:42 AM

I thought Jeff constantly being mistaken for Harvey Weinstein is kind of inspired, but it'd be more believable if he hadn't lost all that weight.....

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2020 6:55 AM

Shouldn’t Bernie be concentrating on the election instead promoting a frivolous TV show?

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2020 7:41 AM

There was an all day marathon on one of the HBO channels yesterday that featured the best episodes from all the seasons, and I noticed that they used the same jokes, set-ups, etc. a lot. It was especially evident in the Seinfeld episodes. Call-backs and references can be funny, but it got a little tiresome if you are watching it back-to-back.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2020 8:39 AM

How is this show still on?

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2020 8:41 AM

I laughed when he went after Susie's fashion choice.

The show is obviously not as funny as it was, but moments still make me smile. I'll always love Larry David.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2020 6:24 PM

I loved Jeff being mistaken for Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2020 6:58 PM

R13, who are you talking about? They've both lost a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2020 7:02 PM

I couldn't make it through season 9. Is 10 better?

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2020 7:03 PM

R20, as I said @R17, I don't think it'll ever be as funny as it used to be, but I just love David, so I watch out of loyalty.

There are amusing moments, but I think "LOL" funny is behind us. I mean who knows, maybe the episodes coming will be funnier.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2020 7:06 PM

Last season, I enjoyed the “premature honey” and accidental on purpose texting.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2020 9:07 PM

SPOILERS

So sad to say this, but I think it's peaked. In the beginning scenes, he's just a rude asshole with no boundaries and no filter. In the coffee shop, he could have just asked to have the coffee heated up and moved to another table. He had no business lecturing the woman in the gym about her pre-natal choices. He was out of line with his secretary.

I do hope the story arc will show him and Cheryl getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2020 9:15 PM

Some funny bits but the the show may never recapture the magic of the first several brilliant seasons where the subplots were woven organically through each episode and season.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2020 9:16 PM

Agree about the coffee shop storyline R23 — it was weird and forced.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2020 12:30 AM

R25, I was waiting for something funny with the "Mocha Joe" plot, but nothing. you're right about it being forced.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2020 12:52 AM

The scenes with him snapping the selfie stick and knocking over the scooters - felt too much. I did enjoy the main bulk of the episode though.

Blatant product placement with Peloton, unless there was a joke aspect I'm missing. Was retching at the thought of what a 72 year old mans dick tastes of when coated with both sweat and talc. Poor Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2020 1:01 AM

Why wouldn't he take a quick shower instead of running to his Kato to get talc??

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2020 1:06 AM

I’m looking forward to Larry vs. Ted.

Kind of sick of Leon and Susie. They’re one-note characters. Funny but played out.

Love Richard Lewis. He can do no wrong.

Jon Ham? Ugh. Hopefully he’s on only one episode.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2020 1:06 AM

This was funnier....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2020 6:31 AM

I hope Susie Essman curses him out every fucking episode. I love her the best of all.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2020 8:38 AM

I love how hard Jeff was laughing at the joke about Susie during the ventriloquism thing. Speaking of which - what the hell was that?! Seems like another thing there's no chance Larry would've ever done in previous seasons - in fact seems like the kind of thing he would've mocked others for doing.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2020 5:12 PM

Yeah, I didn't really understand the ventriloquism scene. Are we supposed to believe that Larry and Cheryl had a memorized, rehearsed party trick from their days as a married couple and that they remembered how to do it all these years after the divorce? Oh well, not a big deal. I'm glad to see Cheryl in episode 1.

I loved Jeff's shrug when he was confused for Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2020 6:28 PM

The Mocha Joe subplot was just a setup for a long story arc. I hope it's Larry failing miserably at trying to run a coffee shop because despite really trying to run Mocha Joe out of business he can't stop pissing off all the customers and his staff.

I'm also curious to see where they go with the assistant and the caterer's accusations against Larry.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2020 9:01 PM

I loved him snapping the selfie stick. And I especially loved that it wasn’t a plot point, just a random thing he did. God, I love that guy.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2020 9:04 PM

I support selfie stick snapping. Someone needs to make a gif of that.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2020 11:01 PM

No doubt there is a thread on DL about favorite CYE episodes (so please withhold your remarks), but the one where Cheryl has the runs in the carwash still makes me laugh uncontrollably. And then the ending in the restaurant where Susie calls her a Carwash Cunt!

It just bears repeating how funny this epi was.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2020 11:05 PM

The selfie stick thing really made me realise why Larry keeps Leon around - he gets to express immense hostility with no risk of retaliation. A similar event was when Leon stripped a stranger of his baseball shirt of which Larry mistakenly believed he was the rightful owner. Leon is a thug.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2020 6:04 AM

I live in NYC and travel quite a bit. I’ve only seen a selfie stick in the real world once and that was many years ago. Where are all these selfie sticks on 2019 and 2020? Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2020 5:40 PM

I have HBO for the month, so watched for the first time in years. It was better than the last time I watched, I think he was married to Vivica Fox. Larry never changes, but it was shocking to see how much older Susie, Leon and, to a lesser degree, Cheryl look.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2020 5:46 PM

I recently saw a fraupack with a selfie stick in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2020 9:47 PM

The episode with Jon Hamm last night was a good one

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2020 4:40 PM

Eh. I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2020 4:45 PM

This season is much better than the last one - when was that, about 2-3 years ago.

It's still my all-time favorite series.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2020 7:02 PM

I'm watching last night's episode, enjoy seeing Cheryl get betrayed. I dislike Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2020 11:16 PM

I used to love this show but all the actors seem strangely low energy now. It's like they themselves are tired of the show.

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2020 11:20 PM

Hmmm......Larry is very cleverly pushing back on PC culture this season. Many examples, I just watched the business with Chinese diners and Lazy Susan.

Good!

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2020 12:11 AM

What's going on with Jeff Garlin's mouth this season? Did he have a surgery? It seems that there is some swelling on the right side of his mouth near the lip which is affecting his speech to a degree.

This season's been really great so far.

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2020 1:09 AM

Yes I noticed that about Jeff’s mouth too. I think I even googled “Jeff Garlin mouth.” Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2020 2:05 AM

The Jon Hamm episode was fantastic. I laughed so hard my rectum bled and now I need to call Poober.

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2020 3:59 AM

The season went by very quick

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2020 8:57 PM

For the most part it was very funny. Not sure about the finale.

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2020 9:16 PM

I love this season, especially when they showed all the celebs who opened up 'spite stores'. Sean Penn screaming "SHUT UP!!" to the talking parrot was priceless.

Also, love Richard Lewis, but is he sick? He looks even thinner than last season, and just awful.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2020 9:53 PM

Mila Kunis looks great but I didn't recognize her at all!

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2020 9:57 PM

I have found a lot of this season to be eye-rollingly stupid but I really liked the Jon Hamm episode. Hamm was quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2020 10:21 PM

I liked this season a great deal, even though there was at least one dumb moment in each episode.

It was way better than the last season.

BTW it wasn't until the closing credits that I knew Chaz Bono played Joey, the trans Funkhauser family member with the oversized penis.

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2020 1:12 AM

I didn't realize it was Chaz, either, R56. I was thinking it was the transgendered Survivor contestant from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2020 2:59 AM

The little moments were hilarious as usual but the storylines were pretty dumb

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2020 4:00 AM

When Chaz took his shirt off in the locker room, you could see the scars from the top surgery. Kinda gnarly.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2020 5:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!