Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I need a housesitter for a very rustic cabana in Tulum, Mexico.

If anyone is remotely interested, i could post some pictures and my instagram feed so you coukd know a little about us.

We want to build a few other rustic cabanas to rent out, so i need someone to kindof oversee that and maybe help with interior/garden design skills, as i have none, and hence the post on DL. Also if you like it and want to stay you could rent them out and we split the money. We had our second child there so we can buy land in his name.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 7:03 PM

We love it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 7:33 PM

I know, thats why we need a gringo sitter.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 7:35 PM

I think this is some kind of murder scheme.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 7:40 PM

Beachfront?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 7:44 PM

No, 15 min inland. Mayan country. Palm trees galore though, one is about 50 ft tall, a small pool and palapa

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2019 8:33 PM

Harry Styles new look

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2019 8:38 PM

My new Sears slacks

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 8:39 PM

What is the realtor translation for "Rustic" again?

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2019 8:54 PM

aishahelena2 is my instagram, the first 10 pictures are the place

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2019 8:55 PM

Sounds really good OP, just a couple things...I don't cook, clean, watch pets or run errands. Ixnay on the gardening, watering, take messages or sign for deliveries.

I only can no work no more than 3 hours a day, when I can squeeze it in, and will only settle for 6 months vacation.

I will need 4 months salary up front and can't work for less than $135,500 per year with full medical and dental with airfare included and mostly importantly all meals included. (Or, $200 power diem: your choice)

I will also need a decent car which I will allow you to determine but cannot be older than two (2) years old. Let me know when I need to start packing. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 1:21 AM

What kind of security system do you have out there in the Mexican hinterlands?

Are there proximity sensors and a rapid response service? Dobermans and a supply of canine steroids? Or does the sitter just get a machete and a shovel?

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 2:47 AM

Rustic = no A/C, no toilet, lots of bugs.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 2:56 AM

Wow you guys are right. Its horrible there. Thank you for the honesty. Better to find new/better things to do here and put my energy into that. Its a fucking furnace there in the summer too.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 5:48 PM

Well, I guess it's the machete and shovel, then.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 6:07 PM

We did have a motion detector spot light Everyone told us what a great thing it was for us. (As if they were already casing)

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 6:17 PM

You aren't part of an offshoot Mormon group, are you?

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 6:56 PM

OP, you lost me at "very rustic". I suppose there is no staff, A/C, or WiFi. Or by rustic do you mean the pool boy doesn't clean the pool until 10:00?

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 7:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!