Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whose death will be be the bigger death?

If Madge or Mimi we’re to die in the next couple of years, who would send greater shock waves? Which one would become once again beloved and worshipped as they were in the prime of the careers? Young again and forever more with other Pop Icons Prince, MJ, and George Michael

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Madonna, it's not even close. Mariah isn't as big overseas.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 12:03 PM

Madonna. But omg is she so irrelevant now. The Kardashians overshadowed ho-ish, talentless hacks like her. The media adulation to her was always stupid and vapid.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 12:51 PM

Madonna. It will be like when Michael Jackson died and everyone pretended he hadn't been a laughingstock for over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 12:59 PM

Wait I thought Mariah was dead already?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 1:05 PM

It should be Mariah since she can actually sing.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2019 1:06 PM

Just waiting for their bodies to catch up with their careers....

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2019 1:11 PM

Who? And who?

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 1:37 PM

Love or hate the old bat, Madonna's death will be an "event" that will be covered for days. Queens from all over the world will collectively lose their minds. Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2019 1:44 PM

She's been dead to me since she showed up *late* at Aretha's tribute (just in from Malawi?) and spent her time onstage talking about herself - Aretha was barely mentioned in passing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2019 1:57 PM

r8 Not if she dies in her 70s or later. It was only an event with the others because they were relatively young for their ages. Aretha’s death came and went without much fanfare. Madonna will be completely irrelevant by the 2030s.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2019 2:46 PM

"Aretha's death came and went without much fanfare"?

Huh? It was front page news for almost three weeks between the time she died and the time she was buried. The public mourning lasted a week. She wore three different outfits in the casket when she was on display and each clothing change got its own story. There was a tribute concert the night before the funeral. The funeral took an entire day. They found a hearse that was older than her for her last ride...

Not much fanfare?

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2019 3:02 PM

Yeah, Aretha's death was huge news and covered for days. Madonna's will be as well.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2019 3:07 PM

r12 Days not weeks or months

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2019 3:19 PM

Whitney Houston

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2019 3:23 PM

Who’s going to tell r14?

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2019 3:48 PM

It's obvious that Madonna's death will be a bigger event, though it shouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote]Madonna. But omg is she so irrelevant now.

Madonna only because she's one of the last of that iconic group she would have considered her peers with MJ and Prince.

I wouldn't necessarily call her irrelevant. Young folks do know who she is even if they couldn't name much of what she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2019 4:02 PM

r17 Why is Madonna included with Prince and MJ?

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2019 4:04 PM

Madonna and Prince dated back in 1985 (long before they started feuding and then made up.)

She also at least went out on a date at least once with Michael Jackson but the Prince thing seemed to be a bit more serious.

They were all the top of their game all at the same time.

That also reminds me of the quote she got roasted for:

[quote]“People say that I’m so controversial, but I think the most controversial thing I have ever done is to stick around,” Madonna said at another point. “Michael is gone. Tupac is gone. Prince is gone. Whitney is gone. Amy Winehouse is gone. David Bowie is gone. But I’m still standing,”

Only because people had to remind her that they're dead, they didn't just take a break.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2019 4:16 PM

If Madonna dies tragically, I think it would do wonders for her catalogue. And it would ensure she'd stay in the news for a long time. If she doesn't die tragically, it will be more like Aretha's death coverage than Whitney's. Whitney's death was talked about a lot for like a year. Aretha's for about a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 4:29 PM

I think Madonna will be mostly forgotten in a few decades.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2019 4:48 PM

I welcome both deaths. And soon.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2019 5:13 PM

Martika

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2019 6:03 PM

My death will start wars. Cause earthquakes. Floods. Famine.

Of course, like my pregnancies, it will be faked.

But still. Epic.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2019 6:25 PM

Duolingo would like to remind the haggard queen....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2019 8:20 PM

Dolly's will be a huge deal. I hope it is many years from now, but it will feel like royalty has passed.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2019 8:22 PM

r26 Dolly’s body looks like she passed about 30 year back.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2019 9:22 PM

Both Madonna and Mariah seem like smart business women that will live on for a long time through their music. Though Mariah because of her Christmas album will endure longer I would guess.... but bigger death? Yeah, surely Madonna. She is the 80's. Madonna was everywhere back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2019 9:59 PM

I agree about Dolly. She deserves her own holiday once she leaves us.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 5:45 PM

Christ, will that bitch die already???!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 6:04 PM

Christ, will that bitch die already???!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 6:04 PM

Madonna's will be a bigger death. Mariah's will leave a HUGE void, if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 6:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!