Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We know Jodie Foster is private but...any stories of seeing her at gay clubs, or anywhere else, flirting?

There's a comment on crazydaysandnights from someone who said JF tried to pick up her very young friend once. Aside from Biels and Gina Shock, her taste in women seems rather on the butch side. I would not peg her a lesbian on sight alone, but her mannerisms are sometimes butch as we all know. And I'm NOT knocking the butches out there, just making an observation. I, myself, am soft butch.

Sorry for a second Jodie thread, but I've watched SofLs recently.

by Anonymousreply 46December 26, 2019 2:51 AM

I've worked with her, and I'm not kidding, she is the nicest person. She's not the type who ignores the crew, she looks people in the eye and says hello. It shocks me, i do jobs with d-list actors and they are total douchbags. Rude or you are invisible to them.

The opposite of JF:

My friend worked with Whitney Houston, was assigned to be her assistant for the shoot, except my friend was not allowed to speak to WH, the person she was assisting. WH had a personal assistant, so my friend would have speak only to the personal assistant standing next to WH, who would then relay the information to WH by turning her head and repeating the exact same thing!!!!! She said it was absolutely ridiculous, and totally insane. She wasn't allowed to look her in the eye either.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2019 9:13 PM

Sorry OP, off topic. I'm drunk on mimosas!

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2019 9:14 PM

A female friend of mine saw her at one of the power lesbian parties in Ottawa in the late 80s/early 90s, I can't recall the exact year. Ottawa (!) used to be the place during that time where a lot of North American discreet celebrity lesbians would come to party at these very exclusive, by-invitation-only events.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2019 9:17 PM

r1, that's usually typical of very insecure people from bad socioeconomic circumstances who latter become stars, so I'm surprised (though I believe you) that's.that's how Whitney Houston behaved.

Usually celebrities who behave like this grew up dirt poor (like Sylvester Stallone or Jennifer Lopez)--they can't believe they're celebrities at some level, and so they're always testing the limits of their power by behaving like Bourbon absolute monarchs around palace servants.

Given who her mother and her aunt were, I thought Whitney came from some money and would have been more secure than that.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2019 9:20 PM

*later, not latter

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] Ottawa (!) used to be the place during that time where a lot of North American discreet celebrity lesbians would come to party at these very exclusive, by-invitation-only events.

This needs to be a movie.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2019 9:23 PM

Those power lesbian parties happened in LA. They were supposed to be discreet, but man I heard about Rosie, Jody, and Portia through the grapevine long before they came out. But in LA, eeeeeeeeeveryone talks behind the scenes. There are things I heard, that seemed like far-fetched rumors, that turned out to be true i.e. "Womanizer" Charlie Sheen liking the peen. That diddy I heard circa 1998 (?)

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2019 9:39 PM

r4 Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2019 10:02 PM

Jodi disappointed me when she left her partner. Up until then, I wrongly expected better of lesbians. No one should obviously stay in a relationship if they aren't happy; but you leave properly. Especially when the person is also a parent to your children.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2019 11:28 PM

R1 I’ve never heard of Whitney mistreating her employees. Aside from erratic behavior brought on from drug addiction, I’ve only heard kind accounts of her from background dancers, bodyguards, assistants, etc. That sounds far out from anything she’s ever been accused of. It must have been late in her career if it happened at all.

Today, the private school Whitney Houston graduated from cost about 20 grand a year. She spent her teen years working with the likes of Phoebe Cates and Christie Brinkley in places like St. Bart’s. She even managed to get offered a role for The Cosby Show before signing with Arista.

She was raised in 70’s middle class East Orange. Her family is shit and home life seems like it was supremely fucked up but they weren’t poor.

Later in her life and career, she claimed she was raised in nearby Newark(where she was in fact born) to appeal to certain types of Black people.

She got her wish and now the narrative that she was poor, ignorant Black child until Clive Davis plucked her out of the Newark ghetto has become quite popular since her death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2019 3:11 PM

r10 You can't tell me, from looking at any footage of her in the last decade of her life, that she didn't come across like a total bitch. She has such a bad attitude whe/n diane sawyer interviewed her in the infamous "Crack is whack" interview. That is 100% true. Did watch the reality show with Bobby She's an insufferable cunt. When the black community turned on her, she changed.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2019 4:06 PM

Years ago by the pool at the Sunset Marquis. I was reading Dershowitz’s “Reversal of Fortune” about Claus von Bulow, she saw it and asked me about the book. This was long before the movie came out so maybe the idea of a film was a possibility? We chatted for a bit, then she went back and forth with a couple of women her age she was with. No idea if they were lez or not. This was maybe 1986? She wasn’t long out of Yale. Alexander Gudonov was sunning himself in the lounger on the other side of me wearing nothing but teeny, tiny well-filled yellow Speedos. We were all drinking.

That and the fact that Jody had one of the trashiest mouths I’d ever heard - all “fuck/shit/motherfucker” (either it was a more innocent time or I was then) - up until then is all I remember of that sunny summer afternoon in LA.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2019 4:49 PM

"Jodi disappointed me when she left her partner. "

Agree, r9. Strange she did it so quickly after her "coming out" speech. WTF???. Poor Cyd. I also found the kicking a wounded bird comment she made very disturbing. If she's so disgusted by seeing something suffer, then why hasn't she kicked Mel into oblivion? And she defends him by saying how sensitive, caring and loving he is!

Don't understand why she's considered so intelligent either. Is it simply because she speaks French and went to Yale? I've watched a couple interviews with her recently, and she doesn't seem to be some genius --not stupid--just nothing remarkable going on upstairs. I didn't find her particularly interesting either.

She was really hot in her prime though. Super sexy. Some of her acting has been great. I thought she did a fantastic job in The Accussed and Nell. Sometimes she seems unnatural though.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2019 12:32 AM

r11 I never watched Being Bobby Brown. The reason she became a Bitch with the media is understandable given how she was treated by them. They were mutual enemies. Why play nice when anything you say will be distorted anyway? Why would you expect someone not to change or be affected by being harassed and berated for most of their adult life? We don’t even have to go into detail about her family and Bobby. It’s not just Black people that caused that change.

Angry? Resentful? Bitter? I can believe that but I’ve never heard about her being so conceited that she refused to talk directly to someone.

She was at her “bitchiest” in the early 2000s when her drug abuse was at its height but she acted very similarly to how she did in her early years before her death. Humbled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2019 1:03 AM

For fuck's sake, this is not a whitney thread.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2019 10:59 PM

Those lesbians with foul mouths. Rosie was the same pre-coming out.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2019 11:06 PM

To get back to Jodie Foster (and how nice she is) - she insists on standing in line, with the rest of the crew when lunch is called on a movie set, and wait her turn like everyone else to get her lunch.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2019 11:17 PM

I heard about Portia years before she went public. Rosie you could see it from space.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2019 11:21 PM

R10 Whitney was a car wash cunt who died in a shit bath. Let us all stick to facts here drongo.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2019 11:25 PM

Are you referring to r12's post, r16? JLC is an admitted trash mouth.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2019 11:28 PM

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about the Ricky Gervais incident at the Golden Globes with her. She looked very uncomfortable, which made me uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 10:46 PM

I was a bit uncomfortable with the scene where she kisses her daughter's cheek over and over on the airplane.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 10:56 PM

For R12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Gudonov I find rather unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 11:14 PM

My friend’s sister went to Yale and told me that Jodie was a lesbian and I never realized that I had already known that from the second I ever saw her. Same with Kristy McNichol. Obvious.

But I’ve never heard a bad word about her. Even the vintage gossip says she’s a nice person. There is a quibble about her being friends with Mel Gibson, but I think it shows great loyalty. Very rare in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 11:26 PM

She’s very popular with below-the-line crew, is hardworking, unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 11:28 PM

R25 agreed. She stands by Gibson. I used to have a problem with her for it but I re-evaluated it and if you’re a good friend you take the good and bad. Jodie has always been butch. You could see she was lez from a thousand miles away, especially her younger roles. She can be quite obnoxious in showing everyone she’s Yale educated (a la Ashley Judd but not as bad), and by using six syllable words. I think it’s borne out of insecurity. But I do admire her for navigating Hollywood and not letting it destroy her like a few child actors. Her mother was the ultimate stage mom and a bit of a whack job and lez too. Jodie had to support the whole family from an early age. I bet Jodie was a bit relieved when she died this year. I think her mother dominated her life even into adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 11:45 PM

R23 Thank you.

R24 An acquired taste to be sure, and not very chatty that afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 7:31 PM

I met her at the Catch-1. She asked for a sip of my beer, then we went back to my Hollywood apartment for some scissoring.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 7:39 PM

Actually, it does have a Whitney connection. Rumors were that when she did "The Accused", she and Kelly were having a torrid affair. Well, Whitney got into the picture and Kelly started up with her. Jodie found out (she loves black women) and promptly punched Kelly in the face, causing a black eye and leading production to be shut down for a day or two until Kelly became presentable.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 8:44 PM

I'm confused by your 4th sentence, r30. Jodie punched Kelly in the face because Kelly liked a black woman?

I wonder how JF and KM parted ways. Was it a matter of, okay the movies over and now so is the sex? I imagine JF is pretty good in the sack --at both giving and receiving.

And this video by Randy Rainbow made me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 9:10 PM

Okay. At 1:40:14 JF talks about the kicking the injured bird comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2019 10:11 PM

I had two lesbian roommates during 1990 and 1992. They had heard that Jodie was gay from friends of theirs that attended school with Jodie. This was just word of mouth, we didn't have the internet back then

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2019 10:33 PM

Wasn’t there at least one Hollywood party where everyone was so lit that Jodie went down on some chick right in front of everybody?

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2019 10:37 PM

r34: What???? I never heard that one. Of course someone in another thread did say she asked him if he had some white snow at a party once. Her going down on someone in front of other people seems a bit unbelievable, but Hollywood is another world so I guess you never know.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2019 10:41 PM

I met a woman, through a mutual close friend, who was her girlfriend in the mid-1990s. The ex was commendably discreet, but did share that JF was so deeply closeted at the time that they usually just stayed in, so that no one would see them in public together. My attempts to wheedle some real dish out of her were unsuccessful. And believe me, I tried.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2019 10:43 PM

Was this woman attractive r36, or the usual nothing to look at?

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2019 10:50 PM

[R32] Thanks! That was the longest I've ever heard her speak informally. I enjoyed that very much.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2019 10:50 PM

Foster dodged the gay question for years. It was the biggest open secret in Hollywood. But she was huge in the 90s. So she was concerned about her film career. Her mother, in no small part, probably begged her to keep her mouth shut about it. Foster always gave off this no bullshit type attitude, but Hinckley and being outed terrified her. She was pretty insecure during her heyday.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2019 7:56 PM

[R37] she was pretty attractive IMO. Blonde Euro-born white girl, a slightly sporty femme.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2019 1:31 AM

"Those power lesbian parties happened in LA. They were supposed to be discreet, but man I heard about Rosie, Jody, and Portia through the grapevine long before they came out. But in LA, eeeeeeeeeveryone talks behind the scenes."

You need to elaborate, r7. But not about Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2019 7:49 PM

Seriously r7, please spill.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Summer of 1987 - I was working as a PA on a film - not a Jodie Foster movie - and another PA who had gone to Yale with her told me she was a lesbian. And still very freaked out by the whole Hinkley thing - but nothing negative at all.

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2019 10:13 PM

Yeah - people forget about her and Hinckley. He stalked her for many months at Yale - actually moved to New Haven to do it.

She was an 18 year old freshman and she got dragged into the Reagan assassination for many months. That would scar anybody and push you to have a very private life - not just to hide the fact that you are lesbian.

Think about what that would have done to you.

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2019 10:43 PM

So here is a video of her outside a restaurant a week after the "my beautiful Cydney" speech. You can see Mort (is she green gum?) standing back to the right in the beginning and later she can be seen right before the car has pulled up. There is no Cydney and JF says "I'd kiss you, but they're hanging around." You know, that's pretty sick. I mean, it was fucked up that she dumped Cyd only a few months after, but to be out with Mort a week later? She's a phony and a creep. But I'd still fuck her, so there you go.

BTW, the title says Cyd is with her, but she's not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 26, 2019 2:24 AM

So here is a video of her outside a restaurant a week after the "my beautiful Cydney" speech. You can see Mort (is she green gum?) standing back to the right in the beginning and later she can be seen right before the car has pulled up. There is no Cydney and JF says "I'd kiss you, but they're hanging around." You know, that's pretty sick. I mean, it was fucked up that she dumped Cyd only a few months after, but to be out with Mort a week later? She's a phony and a creep. But I'd still fuck her, so there you go.

BTW, the title says Cyd is with her, but she's not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 26, 2019 2:26 AM

r34: I think that was when she was at Yale.

by Anonymousreply 47December 26, 2019 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!