Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DOOL Part 11 = Time Jump Mistakes?

Steve was the winner of our "recent return made permanent" poll. Chad, Anna & Tony were the other big votes.

Rolf, Sheila, Melinda, Rory, Abigail & Jordan were the minor vote winners.

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350February 15, 2020 9:03 PM

DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2019 7:33 PM

I hate the mind chip nonsense, but this is Days and it can't help being outlandish. But I love Will and Ben being cozy in their cell! Even being locked up with his killer is better than being boring with chubby Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2019 11:30 PM

Wilson does gay lingo quiz =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2019 1:10 AM

A recent Cin interview =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2019 1:18 AM

R4 2018 is recent?

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2019 3:41 AM

R5 For a show over 50 years old?

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2019 5:16 PM

So I guess someone in TPTB said recently that the time jump isn't part of a dream.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 2:15 AM

Does anyone know if JJ is leaving in 2020?

I heard that he was exiting with Haley but since she is dead (at least for the time being)...

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 10:00 PM

I'm not a fan of most of the time jump storylines but I'm impressed with how fast some of them have already been resolved.

Eric finding out that he had a kid with Sarah for example (& that Nicole has known for about a year).

It looks like Lani could tell Eli what Gabi has done to Julie before 2020 rolls in.

I wonder which of the time jump plots will be the last one to be resolved.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 3:20 AM

DOOL!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2019 2:03 AM

Christopher Sean Star Wars tv show has been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2019 11:36 AM

R11 Ruh Roh!!

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2019 5:47 PM

R11 No wonder CS acknowledged his Days/Paul fan recently after shilling his Star Wars gig exclusively for a year.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2019 3:12 AM

Maybe CS can go do what other Days actors do and be in Lifetime or Hallmark movie r13.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2019 8:34 AM

R14 I think those movies only have token Asian roles at all, since mostly white people watch them or can find those channels.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2019 11:23 AM

I think you're right r15. I have been told that places like that frau central and others really like those movies because it stars some of their favorite soap hunks like Ryan Paevey for Hallmark and Robert Scott Wilson for Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2019 6:24 PM

Is this the current thread? Or are we just not discussing the show anymore?

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2019 4:46 AM

R17 It's current but I guess no on has anything new to say.

The last DOOL thread (part 10) was paywalled so this one was added.

I'm bored by the time jump =

JJ whining about another dead girlfriend while having another addiction.

Justin & Stinkface sleepwalking thru their scenes like they have a 20 year future.

More of Ciara talking about how innocent & good Ben is.

The believability of Eli running into his last ex 1 year later in a convent on another continent.

Now we have waitress Kate hanging out with old love Stefano Steve.

The only good thing about all of these dumb, unbelievable & rehashed stories is that I didn't have to waste a year watching them all unfold (again in some cases).

Coming up we have another baby medical scare (right after another little girl kidnapping concludes) & another baby switch reveal that seems too far fetched for anyone to take seriously.

Why doesn't the show add a lesbian love triangle to the show? It would be something new for Salem to deal with/talk about instead of the same old same old.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2019 5:00 AM

A modern day Native American family (at least 3) would also be something different for Salemites to interact with.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2019 5:06 AM

A family from the bayou would be fun too. They could practice Voodoo and shape shifting!

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2019 5:09 AM

R20 I'd prefer that to another baby switch story or my namesake whinging about how she screwed up another relationship. Doesn't Abe know a psychic (Celeste is it?) that could be added to the show for more fun & games with a Voodoo bayou family.

Sorry for my unfinished post at R19. My cat (that I was holding the time) accidentally posted that one before I could finish it. Bad kitty.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2019 5:16 AM

R18, how I look at it is, while I may not like many, make that most of the time jump stories, it did jostle up the pairings a bit and at least give us a puzzle with a different ending, that we’re getting the story told to us bit by bit lately. Something different...even if it’s not what we wanted it to be.

The only story I’m truly hating is JJ! It’s like off yourself already if you’re so miserable . I’m actually looking forward to Stefano Steve not loving Sweetness no more and Kate rubbing it in Kaylas face.

BTW: Abe brought up Celeste just the other day.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2019 5:23 AM

The post Time Jump writing sucks as much if not more than before! Outside of Gay Will being in homoerotic prison and Manny Evan being hunky, everything else is so boring and unexciting.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2019 5:26 AM

R23, what exactly did you find homoerotic about Will’s prison situation? I don’t feel it between Will & Ben, but the day Clyde got Will alone, it felt a little rapey. I thought. Is Clyde going to throat fuck Will or go right for his ass? Then it turned all murdery.

Manny Evan should hold out for Rafe.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 5:37 AM

R24 Looking for any homoeroticism in the writing is a lost cause, since Ron is hellbent on keeping Ben obsessed with Ciara, and he seems to want Will in prison for shock/novelty value more than anything else. But with my expectations low, just Will getting to interact with any male beside Sonny (who's the opposite of erotic) and show off his body in the process is homoerotic enough in my book! Yes, Evan is wasted on Sonny. Rafe must be lonely in that house so Evan can crawl into his bed.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 6:57 AM

Is this supposed to be sexy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 10:53 AM

I just can't watch this show anymore. It's dying a slow and painful death.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 11:43 AM

I really don't see what TPTB had in store for this time jump other than to get more short term viewers for a renewal.

Long term what are these plots going to do for the characters?

Does JJ 2 years from now open up an addiction center?

Does JJ become best buds with Kristen?

Does a remorseful Kristen open up the Haley Chen memorial foundation?

Does Julie's Place become the top eatery in the midwest?

Does someone else become the Phoenix (a.k.a. Stefano) or is he gone for good when Cyclops gets an "exorcism"? Princess Gina gone for good as well?

Does Gabi get redeemed somehow after all the awful things she has done or is she the new villainess replacing Kristen?

Does JJ hate Ben (who killed Paige) as much as Kristen(who killed Haley) & if so then why didn't he try to off Ben within the past couple of years?

If JJ forgives & forgets Kristen's murder then will he also go to Ben & say he forgives him as well? Will they be buddies in a year or two?

Will Jennifer mope around about the year she missed in her life or will it be like it never even happened?

If Adrienne is really dead, will Justin get with Bonnie when Stinkface goes back to her Cyclops?

The only thing I'm interested in now is surprisingly Mama Trask. Is Melinda out looking for Kristen too? Is she helping JJ in any way? Will she get revenge on Kristen in some way? Is she still the D.A.?

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 6:56 PM

If they ended up killing Haley off anyway, I wish they would have kept Tripp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 11:16 PM

R29 I agree. What a waste of a male model with decent acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 11:18 PM

Sorry r29 but there can only be one male model on Days and that's me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 11:28 PM

Tripp modeling at the Loft!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2019 12:16 AM

Modeling for one last time before he left the Loft!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2019 12:25 AM

The last Tripp shirtless modeling scene!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2019 12:28 AM

I wish they'd hire "Tripp" to play Noah Newman on Y&R.

Oh, and is the time jump a bust? NuLo

4. DAYS 1,895,000 (-74,000/-326,000) <—— new low

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2019 7:41 PM

R35 Thanks for posting those stats.

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2019 8:25 PM

I had a busy week and missed DOOL this week, can I skip this week's eps?Did anything exciting happen?

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2019 9:07 PM

I think they overdid it with all the WTF surprise deaths. A Time Jump could have surprises without being such a downer. The introduction of hunky Evan is the only thing that is a pleasant change for me.

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2019 10:55 PM

R37

Jen-fil-a released from the hospital

Kate calling out Sonny for kissing Evan while Sonny tells her to shut up and basically calling her a whore(without saying the word) whose children are all screwed up

NotgayChad and Abby investigating Jen's attack

JJ is once again mopey and angry because another girlfriend has been killed

Xander becoming suspicious of Ciara

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2019 11:10 PM

Sonny telling Kate to shut up could be good...

Have they mentioned Tony or Anna since the jump?

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2019 11:22 PM

Will, Sonny and Evan on Thursday's episode is the only one worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2019 11:33 PM

Also Justin visiting Will and saying that while he's angry at the situation which led to the death of Adrienne and Will being in prison. He loves Will like a son and that he forgives him

NotgayChad vs Gabi

Gabi sending Eli to Italy

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2019 11:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 10:19 PM

promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 11:22 PM

Is Ron doing research for a nu time jump? ... This time back to the 70s when men had perms and wore short-shorts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2019 2:20 AM

CS says he has big news that he's going to tell tomorrow/later today.

MBE's terrible show The Bay is getting a spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2019 5:58 AM

The Cove? The Wharf? The Bay: Buried Secrets?

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2019 6:10 AM

The name is YA r47 and it will be co-written by Wendy Riche. Vivica A. Fox is supposed to guest star along with a few social media "influencers".

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2019 6:30 AM

[quote]I wish they'd hire "Tripp" to play Noah Newman on Y&R.

Or a recast for Theo.

by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2019 6:42 AM

Boy this thread has slowed down big time!

I did like seeing Eve released from prison but I'm sad that the character is leaving Salem.

She was a joy to watch.

It looks like Melinda Trask has moved to Chicago based on JJ saying he was going to visit her there.

I guess she quit her job in Salem when Haley died?

The Horton Xmas was sweet as always but Eve showing up really spiced it up.

I hope she will return soon to wreck havoc on Jack & Jenn.

Xander has been boring to watch lately fussing over Sarah & a baby that isn't even his.

Hopefully Theo & Celeste (who both keep being mentioned) will return to bring some new blood to this boring show.

Hattie getting out of prison so soon is another far fetched plot device & I hope she either brings something the show is missing (fun,excitement,mystery) or departs quickly for greener pastures.

by Anonymousreply 50December 25, 2019 4:24 AM

I only tune in for Gay Will or Manny Days now... none of the hetero drama is all that exciting. You would think CEO Xander would be more appealing, but the show just has to saddle him with sad sack Sarah and the sick baby! What a downer! I prefer the days when he was just a careless and shirtless rogue.

by Anonymousreply 51December 25, 2019 4:59 AM

R51 me too!

by Anonymousreply 52December 25, 2019 5:02 AM

Most of the show lately is revolving around people over 40.

It seems like the "over 60 year olds" have taken over the show since the time jump & won't let go of it.

Do they really think the demo advertisers want to reach the most care about these senior citizen stories?

by Anonymousreply 53December 25, 2019 5:08 AM

If this were a real triangle, it might be halfway interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 25, 2019 5:44 AM

The latest ratings for Days are abysmal and Y&R is just shedding viewers at an alarming rate.

by Anonymousreply 55December 25, 2019 7:32 AM

[quote]Y&R is just shedding viewers at an alarming rate.

Maybe they're dying off. This year's flu is hitting nursing homes hard!

by Anonymousreply 56December 25, 2019 10:54 AM

Does anyone know if there are new episodes this week for Wed., Thurs., & Friday?

by Anonymousreply 57December 25, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote] The latest ratings for Days are abysmal and Y&R is just shedding viewers at an alarming rate.

Nobody knows how to write soaps anymore, that is the problem and will continue until the final nail is in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 58December 25, 2019 4:46 PM

Days has all NuEps except for NuYear Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 25, 2019 4:50 PM

Thanks R59.

I'll make time to watch the Christmas Day episode today.

by Anonymousreply 60December 25, 2019 5:46 PM

Did the hortons mention that hope or Ciara wasn’t there for the tree?

by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2019 6:44 PM

Yeah DAYS needs a Ben and Will prison secret hookup that blows up his great romance with Ciara! That would be a first for soaps! Days is the most likely Soap to go there and should shake it up!!! Would get people talking.

by Anonymousreply 62December 27, 2019 2:21 AM

Someone already wrote about the Ben/Will prison hookup on Nifty...

by Anonymousreply 63December 27, 2019 2:30 AM

That is still around r63?.

by Anonymousreply 64December 27, 2019 6:51 AM

R64 Nifty? Yes, it's still around but not as active as before.

by Anonymousreply 65December 27, 2019 7:19 AM

Yes Nifty R65.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 27, 2019 8:21 AM

R40

Yes they mentioned a couple weeks ago that Tony & Anna were traveling in Eqypt.

by Anonymousreply 67December 27, 2019 11:11 AM

what's going on with the last blast DOOL app? What's been the story?

by Anonymousreply 68December 27, 2019 3:44 PM

R68 The story is essentially Ron's slasher flick fantasy starring the Last Blast Crew. People are saying it'll all be someone's dream.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2019 1:19 AM

🚨 spoiler alert 🚨

Will didn't kill actually Adrienne but Maggie did and Will was framed by Victor and Xander into looking like he did it.

by Anonymousreply 70December 28, 2019 1:31 AM

R70 And no doubt WilSon will be reunited after this revelation! Just when Will managed to get away from that boring ass Sonny!

by Anonymousreply 71December 28, 2019 1:36 AM

Well Victor practically hates Will R71 and his mother Sami too. Victor had told Sonny to stay away from Will. Victor in some ways also stills sees Will as that "whore" who once fucked around on his grandnephew in a hotel room with a baseball player and that he once threatened to have killed because of it.

I think Sonny is going to be involved with Evan by the time this information about Will starts to trickle out.

by Anonymousreply 72December 28, 2019 2:01 AM

R70

I knew it! I guessed Maggie was the one who killed Adrienne while in a drunk stupor! Lordy this is going to be a mess! I'm here for it!

by Anonymousreply 73December 28, 2019 4:51 AM

promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 28, 2019 3:51 PM

I still haven't warmed up to Stacy Haiduk as Kristen, but "We broke up" was funny.

by Anonymousreply 75December 28, 2019 3:54 PM

🚨 spoiler alert 🚨

Xander pays a visits Ben to threaten him

by Anonymousreply 76December 28, 2019 4:39 PM

Zander, Will, and Ben in the same scene? Will better get fucking spit-roasted Sean Cody style is all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 77December 28, 2019 4:41 PM

LOL! R74 Kristen & Nicole look like 2 senior citizens fighting in that last scene.

I guess the budget didn't allow for canes or wheelchairs.

by Anonymousreply 78December 28, 2019 6:52 PM

R78, while in her nun garb, and with minimal makeup, Stacy H did look like she had DL trademark-pending “cane face”.

by Anonymousreply 79December 28, 2019 8:19 PM

I can't believe that TPTB would think having Maggie kill Adrienne

would be a plotline the viewers would want to see.

This reveal is both painful & tiresome for me.

by Anonymousreply 80December 29, 2019 4:06 AM

R80 Why, it would be the most significant thing Maggie has done in years. But if it would only be interesting if she did it on purpose. The "accident" shit is just so wimpy.

by Anonymousreply 81December 29, 2019 4:34 AM

Well R81 some would argue Maggie doesn't need to kill a beloved character in order to be interesting.

Maggie is too nice to have done it on purpose. Of course it will be an accident of some kind.

I'd like to see Maggie own part of Doug's/Julie's Place & take over for the departed Chloe (She used to run some businesses b4 i started watching)..

It would also help explain why we would get to see her more often without her frail husband at her side.

by Anonymousreply 82December 29, 2019 5:10 AM

R82

Maggie co-owning the restaurant with Julie would be a good idea. They're best friends and Maggie has experience. She owned Chez Rouge for years.

by Anonymousreply 83December 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Chez Rouge was the name I was trying to remember (but drawing a blank) as I wrote R82. Thanks for the reminder.

I never knew Julie was Maggie's best friend. I've hardly seen them together (like 1 on 1) in the 15 years that I've watched the show.

I'm now starting to wonder if the actresses get along much in real life.

by Anonymousreply 84December 29, 2019 5:27 PM

Susan Hayes and Suzanne Rogers are very good friends IRL. Not sharing scenes together is a matter of budget, not preference.

However, there have long been rumors about Suzanne Rogers and Deidre Hall. Maggie and Marlena were also great friends and shared many scenes, and Suzanne costarred in the TV movie about Dee's struggle for children, but the two are very rarely on screen together the past decade or so, even in crowd scenes.

by Anonymousreply 85December 29, 2019 5:34 PM

i want to see a super erotic sensual may/december romance between maggie and xander! that would be hot hot with poor ole sack sarah discarded.. been a long, long time since DOOLS has had such a relationship much less scorchingly sexy! i think the last time was kate and daniel? even though in real life there is only a 12 year age difference between the two actors lauren koslow and shawn christian, although on the show i think it was suggested since kate was a grandma , grandma of chelsea that the age difference between the characters kate and daniel was more then in real life....

CAN YOU imagine maggie lonely, tired of mean negative old fart victor and horny 24/7 and xander realizing he needs a WOMAN a experienced nurturing woman albeit old enough to be his mother then some crybaby boring sarah!.. imagine maggie going from victor to xander! talk about out of this world!...

by Anonymousreply 86December 29, 2019 8:05 PM

^^^^

I don't want to lose my lunch. I'll stick with Xander & Sarah. I think Paul/Linsey have wonderful chemistry. The show just needs to free them from the pious judgmental cretin known as Eric. Eric is the show's buzz kill by far. He needs to exit for a theological retreat and Nicole needs to be returned to her shit stirring roots.

by Anonymousreply 87December 29, 2019 9:24 PM

I thought the actor who plays Eric ex-wife said he was leaving the show and was moving to another state with his Republican gf and wanted to take his kids with him which the ex-wife is against.

by Anonymousreply 88December 29, 2019 10:17 PM

R87... sorry the idea and visual of a maggie/xander sexual relationship makes you want to "lose your lunch"!.. personally for little ole me such opposite age and looks pairing straight wise is a kinky turn on for me... i mean just imagine what maggie would feel having xander!....a lonely old frau watching the show all alone at home fantasy come true, second hand lived thru!..

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2019 12:28 AM

R88

I don't think she aid he was leaving DAYS but he wants to more to South or North Carolina )forget which one_GV proposed to Harmon on Xmas according to IG. His wife has a right to be upset IMO. She & GV live blocks from each other in LA and now he wants to go for full custody so he can move them to the other side of the country.

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2019 12:35 AM

yes! I love Robin Strasser but she was not Vivian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2019 7:59 PM

Last night on NBC Nightly News, they did their 2019 in Memoriam segment. They included John Clarke (Mickey) and Jed Allen (Don Craig). They also included Kristof St. John and another actor from Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 31, 2019 2:16 PM

That's nice. I mean soap stars are the backbone and start for a lot of actors, so they deserve a sendoff like that.

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2020 9:07 AM

I wished they didn't dig up this Princess Gina mess, but I guess they have to give the old timers a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 94January 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Spoilers:

Ciara learns a shocking secret

Eli proposes to Gabi

Will comforts Ben

by Anonymousreply 95January 1, 2020 4:29 PM

Where is everyone? Is this thread Muriel'd?

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2020 7:29 PM

R96 Guess the show is just too boring to inspire much comments.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2020 8:14 PM

okay, i know, i know it's winter time and the storyline is not apt for it, but can we PLEASE PLEASE have xander shirtless soon! heck, we have yet to even see that guy in a lovemaking scene (even if it's with blech sarah).. when we do see that scene, i want it to be soft porn not allowed on network tv but too late for the censors hot! lol!..

heck, the most seduction and sexualized storyline so far hasn't been with sarah but with leo!...

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2020 10:01 PM

Like r97 said. The Days queen claims that there will be a "big storyline" this year involving someone named :

Aaron Brett Corey Dustin Greg Jake Mark Todd Tyler Vince

Don't know if that would happen r98. There have been complaints the past several years by some soap fans that some "love"(sex) scenes in soaps have gone "too far" for daytime tv and needs to be reigned in. There were a few complaints about Chad fucking Abby in the DiMera garden or Kristen drugging Eric and having sex with him.Then there was what happened between Stefan and Abby or those soap "fans" who complained that Paul fucking Will in a hotel room was tantamount to the show and network basically airing gay porn during the daytime where children could end up seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 99January 5, 2020 2:57 AM

R99.. too much sex in soaps? the soap fraus are complaining about? if anything there hardly ANY sex going on! gay, straight, bi or whatever...

seriously their are only what 4 soaps on right now and i can't even think of when was the last time there was a hot sex scene on days of our lives minus the xander/leo/brady stuff and the occassional brady in bed with kristen, all which happened months ago...and even then they don't show actual lovemaking, just post coital and seducing/flirtations...

BACK IN THE DAY, soaps had tons of sex nearly every single episode, in fact, that was THEE attraction for the soaps! If anything, the powers that be now in "soap land" have forgotten this....

who are these people complaining about too much sex on the soaps? totally opposite of fraus at home in the 80's and 90's when not only was sex scenes on every soap regularly and pretty hot i might add, but the daytime talk shows had male strippers on regularly, male beauty contests, hunk episodes and so on...

weird how today's soap opera watches have gone backwards and become so so prudish?!...

by Anonymousreply 100January 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Well those fraus r100 allegedly a part of the reason why you don't see sex as much on the 4 soaps because of their complaints and them threatening that they would stop watching these soaps unless something was done. One of their alleged complaints was that children might end up seeing these *too hot for daytime" sex scenes. Then their are there are those fraus who especially complained about being "forced" to see gay sex being shown on their soaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 5, 2020 8:22 AM

R101, shouldn't their children be at school during daytime soap opera hours? and if too young, they wouldn't get the scenes anyway...

SO odd to me that you never had the complaints back in the 80's and 90's when their really was scorching sex scenes all the time and in various storylines....some storylines pretty raunchy (affairs including members of the family, may/december hook-ups, and so on)....

as far as being "forced" to watch gay sex, the only fraus that would complain about this i would think live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, be offended by anything that isn't "christian" and who think soap operas are high brow in the first place! then again, they wouldn't know what high brow even means...Either way, one would think this is a small tiny number of viewers! guess they are the loudest ones though?..

by Anonymousreply 102January 5, 2020 12:00 PM

R100

The last truly smokin' lustful and full on sex scene on Days was between Chloe & Daniel. The screen almost combusted. They fucked on every surface in his living room until Kate knocked at the door.

It wasn't a "love scene" It was 2 people getting their rocks off.

by Anonymousreply 103January 5, 2020 4:14 PM

R103! i hear you about chloe and daniel's scorching sex scenes (plural) and the seduction and lust ahead of time...

interesting (since you brought up Kate) that when kate and daniel had their pool romp, when poor poor sick kate used her illness, beauty and her seductive skills as a former high class call girl to seduce yet again (1st time he was horny and drunk, this 2nd time he was lucid) daniel, the much younger gorgeous hunky built boyfriend of her OWN granddaughter chelsea, that NO LOVEMAKING WAS EVEN SHOWN between the two, just some making out and then VOILA! we see them lying together on a pool chair after the deed!?

I always wondered why? i mean both characters had scorching soft porn sex scenes with others on that show and since it was suppose to be wicked taboo, that grandmother seducing the younger stud boyfriend of her own granddaughter, not giving a shit about chelsea and a power trip horny lust trip to get hunky daniel yet again, and she and daniel having sex yet again (after both confessed about their first time and how it meant NOTHING and so on and for chelsea to please forgive and forget about it! and daniel begging her and that he didn't want to lose her! laugh!) one would think they would show it BIG TIME! and yet nothing?

strange to me! i always wondered was this a director decision, the writer's, the actors (perhaps they weren't the best of co-workers?) etcetera..

by Anonymousreply 104January 5, 2020 5:19 PM

No love for E.J. and his 8.5 x 13v dong fucking Abigail in the DiMera locker room?

by Anonymousreply 105January 5, 2020 9:57 PM

EJ and Abby’s hot shower sex scene was amazing and prime Days years. Especially with Will lusting over EJ at the time. Days is unwatchable now for me.

by Anonymousreply 106January 5, 2020 10:29 PM

It annoys me that STeve has been back for like a day and people are suspicious of him while Gina has been Hope for over a year and is still getting away with it

by Anonymousreply 107January 5, 2020 11:19 PM

I think they're not suspicious of Hope because Gina knows how to do Hope, sich she's impersonated Hope before. Plus Hope has really been through it these last few years, so if she's acting wonky, they can all blame it on the divorce, Ben and Ciara, losing her job and a bunch of other shit. Plus Gina has accepted that she's in Hope's body and called it "adequate". Stefano just hates that he's in Steve's body.

What was a little "plotty" to me was Marlena's reaction to Hope living in the penthouse and her overall reaction to Hope since she's been back.

I hope the next story Ron does is finally answer the question about the Marlena clones.

by Anonymousreply 108January 6, 2020 1:20 AM

I know r102 those fraus who complained about having to see "gay stuff" being shown on their soaps was said to be a factor in you only saw that scene of Luke and Noah "sex scene" was them kiss then next you saw time you saw them was coming out the room post sex in ATWT and why the next time you saw Will and Paul have sex years later it was referred to as "making love" and the camera eventually began to pan away as the action begin until the last shot was of their shoes then the next shot of them is in bed post sex.

R105 EJ fucking Abby was also seen as "too hot for daytime tv" and complaints about "too much sex" on Days with Ben fucking Abby on a near regular basis or on "too much sex" on B&B by some of those fraus.

That tepid sex scene between Ben and Ciara was recently called "very hot" but it was mostly by those crazy Cin fans.

by Anonymousreply 109January 6, 2020 1:22 AM

The latest ratings for Days are beyond abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 110January 6, 2020 10:14 PM

R110 Where did you find them?

Can you give us a link?

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2020 2:30 AM

R111 The ratings are regularly posted at Soap Opera Network (SON).

NuLow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2020 2:33 AM

The only thing I like now is Victor on his death bed.

He should've been replaced awhile ago with the writers giving his famous one liners to someone else.

I can't stand Justin & Stinkface together. Their scenes have no chemistry between them & act like siblings rather than warm blooded lovers.

No one seems to be happy on the show except for Jack & Jen. JJ is an addict so even that makes his parents joy seem a bit off.

I don't see any new plots to lay the ground work for the spring or summer (unless Theo & Celeste return). I heard Claire is returning sometime in 2020 (YES!).

Maybe TPTB will rename the show "Days Of Our Depressions" to reflect the misery of all of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Nielsen ratings don’t tell the full viewership story any more. Shows gain revenue from online ads and on demand ads/distribution too.

by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2020 6:44 AM

Yeah, I know my sister watches Days on Demand. When I'm on vacay, I watch online. With that said, the latest dip in the ratings could be due to all of the interruptions of the show in CA and other places.

by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2020 7:34 AM

A few years ago NBC got in a bit of a row with Netflix trying to claim that Netflix's shows weren't as popular as they claimed. Which supposedly led to Netflix clapping back and telling NBC that it needed to be concerned with its own shows ratings and its own app viewership.

It seems there are many who don't like the TJ. The Days queen keeps claiming that there will be a big storyline this year.

by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2020 8:02 AM

I watch Days every day. But I watch it on my IPad via the NBC app. I think the last time I watched Days on my TV was about 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2020 11:22 AM

[quote]the latest dip in the ratings could be due to all of the interruptions of the show in CA and other places.

It was due to a particularly disastrous rating on Xmas day. None of the other soaps ran new episodes that day ... with good reason.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2020 12:35 PM

We've known for a few months that Emily O'Brian was coming to Days but we hadn't heard who she would play.

The internet has a rumor that she will be playing Xander's sister.

I really loved her on YR so I really like the idea of her playing Xander's sister.

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2020 1:19 PM

the fact that Hope didn't run to Ciara when she heard about Victor should be the biggest indicator that something is wrong with Hope

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2020 9:49 PM

🚨spoiler alert🚨alert

Ciara is stuck between a rock and a hard place even though she could help free Will.

by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2020 12:22 AM

Rumor

Summer is returning to SAYS. What The Fuck????????????

She was universally hated.

by Anonymousreply 122January 8, 2020 10:42 AM

Who's Summer?

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2020 12:55 PM

A Dena Higley retcon abomination r123.

by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2020 1:53 PM

r122 HO LEE FUK NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2020 8:52 PM

The week of the 20th we get the week that shows us how the characters got to where they are over the last year.

by Anonymousreply 126January 9, 2020 5:01 AM

A little while back, someone here wondered if Evan killed Jordan and might even be David's father. I've wondered, too, and his scenes with Sonny -- then Rafe -- the other day made me wonder all the more. His admission to Sonny that he feels David is better off without his mother, and his low-key reaction when Rafe asked Sonny to pass along paperwork to Justin that would start the adoption process, were a bit on the sinister side (as was the accompanying music). Could he have been in the loony bin with Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2020 5:28 AM

Maybe Evan is Jordan and Ben’s brother, who Jordan believes she killed while their mother was pregnant with him. It would also make him the spawn of Clyde.

by Anonymousreply 128January 9, 2020 10:28 PM

r128

I like that idea

and promo time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2020 12:39 AM

I wanted Xander to slug Ciara yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2020 10:31 AM

Deadline:

Days of Our Lives is not going anywhere. While the network has not announced a renewal of its longest-running series for a 56th season, NBC Chairman Paul Telegdy at TCA this morning confirmed that the daytime drama will be coming back.

“We are in a middle of finding out very soon,” Telegdy said before adding, “Of course Days of Our Lives is going to carry on. We love it…. I know that will be good news for the fans.”

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2020 5:43 PM

Link from Deadline.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2020 5:47 PM

I thought it was already renewed

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2020 6:41 PM

You thought wrong.

by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2020 6:49 PM

The same source had Corday's renewal announcement back in November. Premature ejaculation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2020 7:02 PM

More like a tactic r135 by KC to see if NBC would dare to contradict what he and the actors have put out to public.

by Anonymousreply 136January 11, 2020 7:18 PM

baby bump.

by Anonymousreply 137January 13, 2020 9:35 PM

Contracts & the upcoming return to filming new episodes =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2020 4:28 AM

Thanks for posting that video with Freddie explaining the contract situation r138

by Anonymousreply 139January 14, 2020 7:22 AM

Looks like RSW is trying out for pilot season.

by Anonymousreply 140January 14, 2020 4:29 PM

I just saw a commercial for “Days” during the “Today” show on NBC. I can’t remember the last time I saw any promotion for the show except online. Although...I don’t usually watch the “Today” show, so maybe they do air them then.

by Anonymousreply 141January 14, 2020 6:02 PM

I can't wait for new storylines.

I don't care who ends up with DiMera or its shares.

by Anonymousreply 142January 16, 2020 3:43 AM

So it looks like they may start filming again in Med feb at the earliest?

by Anonymousreply 143January 16, 2020 4:02 AM

Does anyone think the show switched the name of Doug's Place to Julie's Place because they don't see him being around much longer?

She does twice as many episodes as he does.

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2020 4:12 AM

Is it just me, or is JJ dropping a few of his unwanted pounds?

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2020 5:08 AM

Lani’s motivation is weak. Too much story depends on Gabi blackmailing lani with a super lame premise.

by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2020 5:54 AM

R146 I don't believe that she or Eli or head over heels for each other. There is just no chemistry. I'm okay with the pacemaker app story.

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2020 6:23 AM

R147 I think they have chemistry but due to the time jump it seems forced & not romantic at all.

I think the writers are counting on viewers who remember them together before will go ga ga a second time around with not much effort.

It's not happening this time around for me.

Plus most of us already know how it will end.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2020 8:27 AM

R144

Bill Hayes may be over 90 but he does not act like it. He's as sharp as a tact.

by Anonymousreply 149January 16, 2020 11:23 AM

Isn't it alleged that Casey Moss who plays JJ supposedly leaving the show?

by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2020 1:57 PM

I think he leaves end of Feb start or March.

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2020 3:55 PM

Do you think they will kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2020 7:57 PM

R152

Stop killing people!!! People move all the time! Just gave JJ get a job somewhere else

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2020 8:04 PM

R152 Relax honey! I was just asking a question.

I'm not a writer or big wig on the show.

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2020 8:42 PM

Frau Dena certainly wanted JJ dead.

Spoiler Alert: Ciara who had desperately hoped Victor and Xander secret was about Ben will eventually tell Will that he's innocent.

by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2020 2:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2020 3:14 AM

Peacock streaming will have close to 14,000 episodes of DAYS

I hope they also bring on AW and Santa Barbara

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2020 12:58 PM

Get rid of Stacy already. Good lord that mug is hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote] Peacock streaming will have close to 14,000 episodes of DAYS

Link.

by Anonymousreply 159January 17, 2020 1:01 PM

No, Peacock will only have the current season.

by Anonymousreply 160January 17, 2020 1:41 PM

I wish someone would put the most homoerotic kinkiest soap opera of all time PASSIONS available for streaming or on DVD all seasons!...

I always imagine and fantasize if PASSIONS was still on the air and they had paul telfer and shawn christian on that show! OMG! OMG! THE SCENES featuring these two would have smoke coming out of the tv! all the sexual and homoerotic beyond belief scenes that these two characters would have separately and together!...

by Anonymousreply 161January 17, 2020 2:19 PM

R161, you can get every episode on DVD through fans. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 162January 17, 2020 2:21 PM

R162... i can? thanks for the information!...COURSE, i only care about the homoerotic and eye candy scenes episodes, not the entire show in it's entirety! lol!.. then again, nearly every episode had some kind of eye candy and/or sexualized/homoerotica....

by Anonymousreply 163January 17, 2020 2:24 PM

There's a better chance that Passions will be added to Peacock, because NBC Universal itself co-produced.

by Anonymousreply 164January 17, 2020 5:07 PM

R164.. cool! good to know! i hope and hope some more!..not only was that show utterly homoerotic but i think they just might have had the handsomest and largest number eye candy male cast of any soap ever..

by Anonymousreply 165January 17, 2020 7:16 PM

SH is so thin. I can't imagine how thin she is in person because the camera adds 10lbs.

by Anonymousreply 166January 17, 2020 10:33 PM

Preview of next week:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 17, 2020 10:44 PM

If freshly divorced Will isn’t bent over in his cell with a revolving door of inmates taking turns then it’s not a must see week

by Anonymousreply 168January 18, 2020 12:05 AM

R168 i know right! lol! i mean is the guy even (allowed to?) whack off non stop. he's HAS to be beyond horny!!!! damn, RON, get him some hunky built gorgeous "friends"!..

shame on this show for not already including a shower scene with will and "insert name here" already!..

by Anonymousreply 169January 18, 2020 12:55 AM

R169 Exactly, they have two soap hunks locked up in a jail cell, and they can't indulge in some homoerotic showering together? What kind of soap is this?

by Anonymousreply 170January 18, 2020 1:52 AM

R170.. too bad, creepy ugly clyde isn't a handsome musclebound "daddy" sharing will's cell!...lord that would have been hot hot!

by Anonymousreply 171January 18, 2020 1:59 AM

Maybe they don't because it's been rumored that one of the higher ups there doesn't want the show to go down the path of becoming "too gay" once again and the Cin fraus would rage at the thought of Ben doing anything outside of Ciara.

by Anonymousreply 172January 18, 2020 2:26 AM

Looks like JE is contradicting Ron and what he said.

by Anonymousreply 173January 18, 2020 10:11 AM

^^^^

In what way?

by Anonymousreply 174January 18, 2020 12:43 PM

R174 in the way he(Ron) claimed that one of chief reasons for killing off Adrienne is because that JE had a full-time job and wouldn't be as available. According to JE she says that she had heard a couple rumblings that something might happen to Adrienne but didn't believe it at first. JE says she then went to Albert Alarr who basically told her yeah it's true we are killing off Adrienne and that he would explain to her why it was a good thing for the show.

by Anonymousreply 175January 18, 2020 4:34 PM

I’ve been watching old clips of Eileen Davidson, and, oh my god, there’s no comparison. She needs to come back. Rumor has it she’s willing to return but feels bad putting SH out of work.

by Anonymousreply 176January 18, 2020 8:41 PM

They can probably get away with paying SH less than half what ED makes.

by Anonymousreply 177January 18, 2020 8:55 PM

I dunno. Eileen said she’d like to return. She’s not working much now. I think they could get her pretty cheap right now. She’s doing freakin Cameo videos!

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2020 5:40 PM

I'm kinda pissed that Eric's baby is the one who died. Eric deserves a child and Brady already has one. Karma should have come for Kristen(if Kristen was ED then I might feel differently though)

by Anonymousreply 179January 19, 2020 8:44 PM

Is the show going to be preempted for the impeachment this week? Or will it still be on demand?

by Anonymousreply 180January 21, 2020 3:34 AM

It's going to be preempted r180 starting tomorrow. I don't know if it will air on Cozi tv though. It might show up later on the website/app and demand

by Anonymousreply 181January 21, 2020 4:52 AM

Just go to NBC.com and watch it there.

by Anonymousreply 182January 21, 2020 11:54 AM

Thank you, I know that I can watch it on NBC.com, and others places to after the episodes initially air. What I meant to ask was, will new episodes be held back until after the impeachment trial is over?

by Anonymousreply 183January 21, 2020 3:21 PM

If I need to watch DAYS due to an interruption I watch it on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 184January 21, 2020 3:45 PM

Days is running a new episode for its early noon affiliates today, so it will be available later tonight on NBC.com.

by Anonymousreply 185January 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Thank you r185.

by Anonymousreply 186January 21, 2020 4:46 PM

R183 Days doesn't seen to hold back episodes when there are unforeseen preemptions probably because they have months of episodes already in the can.

by Anonymousreply 187January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

The main reason they don't hold back episodes is because they have a cliffhanger episode timed to air right before the Olympics knocks them off the air for a couple weeks.

by Anonymousreply 188January 21, 2020 7:31 PM

R188 What kind of cliffhanger? They already used up their "shocking" deaths for the year in the time jump.

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2020 7:33 PM

Days wasn't pre-empted in my time zone. 1pmCentral

The car crashes ended the episode. And Summer is a straight up cunt.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2020 8:54 PM

While the impeachment hearings in November and December caused the other three soaps to be pre-empted on several days (thus causing them to be behind), every episode of Days aired during those hearings. Even if it didn't air in its traditional time slot (1 p.m. in most of the country), a new episode was released On Demand and on NBC.com and many stations aired that episode in the late night/early morning hours.

That should continue during this impeachment trial as Days films so far in advance. As r188 points out, they have everything timed out to end with a big cliffhanger before the Olympics starts.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2020 8:56 PM

Does anyone know what the big cliffhanger is? Or who is involved in it?

Sonny answers questions Part 1 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 22, 2020 2:33 AM

Part 2 =

I'm enjoying this time jump week more than others (mainly due to Adrienne's interactions with the rest of the cast including Sour Sarah).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2020 2:39 AM

I really miss Adrienne and hope that she still had "a spark of life" and will be back one day. Also, the writers should forget that horrible retcon Summer ever existed.

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Why do we think billy Flynn is gay? I don’t find him particularly attractive so maybe I’m just not reading him pinging, but are there any specific rumors?

by Anonymousreply 195January 24, 2020 3:32 AM

I have never been a Freddie fan but he broke my heart today.

by Anonymousreply 196January 24, 2020 4:18 AM

Didn't BF do gay porn?

by Anonymousreply 197January 24, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote]Why do we think billy Flynn is gay? I don’t find him particularly attractive so maybe I’m just not reading him pinging, but are there any specific rumors?

He's learned to tone things down as he's gotten more experienced as an actor. He definitely pinged every now and then when he first started.

But the rumor about him being gay took off a few years ago when a poster here said he had tricked with Billy. And he gave enough details and insider info about what they discussed to be believable. Most of the insider info he shared also checked out later on.

by Anonymousreply 198January 24, 2020 6:10 AM

SURE R198. Sure. It all checked out later on because Billy Flynn is gay. Along with Massey, Smith, Christopher Sean, Jacob What'shisface from BB, Brandon Barash, Jordi V for Y&R, probably even Steve Burton before you started to hate his character, etc.

Essentially, any actor that YOU find hot pings. See how that works R195?

ANYWAY...

I cannot get over how much I'm attracted to Chandler Massey now. He's really grown into his looks. Not really feeling the Manny tho.

by Anonymousreply 199January 24, 2020 9:56 AM

Most of those actors pinged to me or I’ve seen them make out with friends (I live in la and am aware that chandler and Jacob have at least dabbled). Why I asked specifically about billy.

Thank you for the info. Would be happy to hear more.

by Anonymousreply 200January 24, 2020 3:27 PM

Paul Teller: This #TBT I thought I'd share a @DollyParton inspired glimpse at the many looks of Xander's social media accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 24, 2020 5:35 PM

I'm waiting to see how the baby switch is explained. Kayla. the chief surgeon and head of the hospital who was the treating physician on duty, saw that Sara's baby was dead but now, with Xander switching the babies, that baby is going to be miraculously alive while Kristen's baby is suddenly dead? It's not as if computer birth records or something were changed - and i hope they spare viewers with the claim that all babies look alike at birth.

by Anonymousreply 202January 24, 2020 6:32 PM

^^^

Kayla only took care of Kristin very briefly while her regular OB was delivering another baby. The OB made it in time to deliver Jristin's baby. That same OB was the one who resussitated Sarah's baby & pronounced it dead.

However Victor finagled it it had to be done with that OB.

by Anonymousreply 203January 24, 2020 8:39 PM

r202

I thought the same thing at least Sarah said the baby looked different but my question is how Will couldn't know that it wasn't him and there was another car involved

by Anonymousreply 204January 24, 2020 9:12 PM

i'm not in the loop here, so xander changed the babies and has been keeping this secret and lying? so when it all comes out, how in the hell is sarah going to forgive xander? or anyone for that matter? puts a "crimp' into days turning evil xander into a newly reformed good guy who can still be tough but it's a evil violent sociopath!...

by Anonymousreply 205January 24, 2020 11:09 PM

They seriously need to dump all the actors over 60 -- just kill 'em off. They've had the same tired (and plastic) faces on the soaps for DECADES. How one can throw their life away watching this crap is beyond dumbfounding...

by Anonymousreply 206January 24, 2020 11:16 PM

R206.. personally i watch it only (and i can say this over the years and decades) for the male eye candy to record and use for whack material... similar to pro wrestling, otherwise i find it silly and stupid and could care less about storylines for the vast majority of it all...

by Anonymousreply 207January 24, 2020 11:18 PM

R200 What?! You've seen Chandler make out with friends... male friends?

by Anonymousreply 208January 25, 2020 12:16 AM

Did Strudel ping for anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 25, 2020 6:48 AM

I thought he was gay when he was on the show, r209. I've always wondered if he'd've tattooed himself to that degree if he hadn't gotten fired. I used to think he was hot. Now he scares me.

by Anonymousreply 210January 25, 2020 6:57 AM

R210 What's scary is if he actually thinks he looks good in R209....

by Anonymousreply 211January 25, 2020 7:00 AM

[R210] There is nothing that says "I have given up on getting serious acting roles" as turning your body into ... this.

by Anonymousreply 212January 25, 2020 7:02 AM

Reading interviews of Judi Evans (that HAVE to have been given a while back and held until Adrienne's death was shown on screen) talking about how devastated she was her character was killed off.... knowing that her real-life only son died just a month ago is a real yeesh moment for me. Wishing her the best.

by Anonymousreply 213January 25, 2020 7:04 AM

Judi seems to be okay. Dee is giving her a shoulder to lean on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 25, 2020 7:23 AM

R200 I'm sorry, you've seen your friends make out with who? How are you aware that Jacob and Chandler have "at least dabbled"?

How are you just skipping over that?

by Anonymousreply 215January 25, 2020 9:31 AM

R215 On DL these days, the ones who imply they have juicy gossip never seem to elaborate on said gossip.

by Anonymousreply 216January 25, 2020 10:21 AM

R215

I'm not R200 but back when we had the true soap insiders it was dropped that Jacob Young and Coltin Scott were having a torrid fling while of GH. Tons of info dropped about it.

Flash Forward= JY became "born again" & married a woman & had kids. CS became a sociopath on the run from the authorities.

by Anonymousreply 217January 25, 2020 1:00 PM

R217 "CS became a sociopath on the run from the authorities."

Wait, what did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 218January 25, 2020 11:19 PM

I was just catching up on last weeks shows. The scene where Summer shows up at the house to see Maggie looked strange. It looked like the two actresses were performing in front of a green screen. Anybody else notice that?

by Anonymousreply 219January 26, 2020 8:03 AM

[quote]I live in la and am aware that Chandler and Jacob have at least dabbled

With each other?

by Anonymousreply 220January 26, 2020 1:28 PM

Freddie's cry acting was HORRIBLE when Adrienne was on the table.

by Anonymousreply 221January 27, 2020 1:06 AM

I thought it was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 222January 27, 2020 6:50 AM

Hi Freddie!

by Anonymousreply 223January 27, 2020 11:59 AM

Spoiler Alert 📢📢 📢:

Sevan's first fuck today. 🌽🍒 💥

by Anonymousreply 224January 27, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote]Reading interviews of Judi Evans (that HAVE to have been given a while back and held until Adrienne's death was shown on screen) talking about how devastated she was her character was killed off

Wally Kurth tweeted today: "Rest assured @TheJudiEvans" is coming back."

by Anonymousreply 225January 27, 2020 7:36 PM

Judi is coming back Bonnie.

by Anonymousreply 226January 27, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote]Judi is coming back Bonnie.

No doubt.

I also have little doubt she will one day come back as Adrienne, as well.

by Anonymousreply 227January 27, 2020 7:42 PM

R176 This is a Ron Carlivati soap. ED shows up and claims she is the real Kristen. He can bring back ED as the real Kristen and SH can play Susan. Or ED can play Susan or Penelope vs SH as Kristen! Remember the two Todds storyline on OLTL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228January 27, 2020 7:47 PM

I loved the Two Todd's Story.

by Anonymousreply 229January 28, 2020 4:52 AM

How did Haley die? My eps were deleted on accident.

by Anonymousreply 230January 28, 2020 12:29 PM

R230, Kristen threw her down some stairs at the hospital after Haley told her the baby was dead.

by Anonymousreply 231January 28, 2020 1:13 PM

Major kudos to the stunt double who had to tape that scene of Hayley being pushed down the stairs.

She wasn't wearing any padding and it looked so dangerous & painful. She had to be black & blue from head to toe. How she protected her head is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 232January 28, 2020 2:23 PM

R232, that wasn’t a double. They really killed her. DOOL is that committed to realism.

by Anonymousreply 233January 28, 2020 7:54 PM

That's why Freddie Smith gained weight for his obesity storyline.

by Anonymousreply 234January 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Days cast introducing their characters to UK audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 28, 2020 11:54 PM

Which character has the time jump neglected?

I think Abe has hardly been onscreen except for Jarlena's Xmas gift & Lani's window smashing stunt.

I find it hard to believe that in the 10+ years Rafe has been in Salem, no one has mentioned Princess Gina to him.

Especially since he was romantically attached to Hope for a time (no one thought he might need to know that info with Stefano & Dr. Rolf always "rising from the ashes"?).

by Anonymousreply 236January 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Why don't they allow Sal to showchercreal hair on the show?

by Anonymousreply 237January 29, 2020 4:24 PM

I feel that if Gabi really wanted to be petty to Lani, she should have blackmailed her into cutting her hair back to the ANTM mushroom.

by Anonymousreply 238January 29, 2020 7:00 PM

Days has been officially renewed by NBC for season 56!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 29, 2020 11:25 PM

I"M CONFUSED with the whole steve is now stefano storyline? what i mean is even if steve has been implanted with stefano's mind (does he know he has been?) how does that negate that it's steve's body and his one eye is now normal and no need for a patch??...

by Anonymousreply 240January 29, 2020 11:30 PM

I thought Steve got his eye fixed, because Kayla had a deal with Stefan.

by Anonymousreply 241January 30, 2020 3:35 AM

Some sort of surgical eyesight restoration obviously r240. C'mon, the impossible and miraculous happens just about all of the time. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 242January 30, 2020 3:49 AM

I was looking at the DOOL cast wiki today.

The 6 most recent cast members are the actors who portray (in no particular order) = Lani, Eli, Sarah, Xander, Ciara & Kristen (all hired from 2015 to the present).

Has NuCiara ever been onscreen with NuKristen? I can recall all the other different interactions (among the above 6) but not those 2.

by Anonymousreply 243January 30, 2020 4:15 AM

I guess we saw the last of Haley during "Mother's Day" week?

by Anonymousreply 244January 30, 2020 4:17 AM

R240/ R241

Steve only has 1 eye. A couple years ago he lost vision in his remaining eye and that's when Kayla turned to Stefan for help in restoring the vision in his one eye.

Flash forward to now-Stevano shows up with 2 eyes. Rumor has it the fake eye is what has the implanted memories.

by Anonymousreply 245January 30, 2020 9:22 AM

R241, 242, 245... but if his eye was restored, then why would he need to put the patch over his eye and be "steve again".... unless NO ONE knows his eye was fixed except kayla ?...

by Anonymousreply 246January 30, 2020 1:00 PM

R246

Steve only has 1 eye= his right eye. His other eye was just an empty socket that he wore an eye patch to cover. The only eye that was restored by Stefan ( 2 years ago) was his tight eye. He continued to have a missing left eye.

Stevano now has a left eye that is fake and has the implanted memories.

by Anonymousreply 247January 30, 2020 4:02 PM

Was anyone else hoping Rafe would have started to make out with his ex-stepson Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 248January 30, 2020 7:08 PM

Brandon Beemer gets better looking with age. Those eyes are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 249January 30, 2020 7:09 PM

Why do they keep firing Brandon Beemer? He's intensely gorgeous? Could he be gay for Will? I'm so not up on the weird family structures in that town.

by Anonymousreply 250January 30, 2020 7:11 PM

Shawn is the son of Bo and Hope. Bo's parents were Caroline Brady and Victor Kiriakis (although Shawn Sr. raised Bo as his own son) and Hope's are Doug Williams and Addie Horton. Will's parents are Sami Brady and Lucas Horton. Sami's parents are Marlena Evans and Roman Brady and Lucas' are Kate Roberts and Bill Horton. That would mean Shawn and Will are related on the Brady side - as uncle and nephew?

by Anonymousreply 251January 30, 2020 7:26 PM

brandon beemer eyes WERE/ARE amazing in that episode and he looked good in his green "henley" shirt (as did rafe/galen gering in his blue one)... ONLY THING is i wish beemer would add some more beef to his face, it looks to be to be TOO thin/chiseled/bony..

have him gain about 20 pounds of muscle (a paul telfer body!) and add some weight to his face and i think he would be even MORE stunning.

by Anonymousreply 252January 30, 2020 8:53 PM

Due to the dual relationship, they can either be considered "half-first-cousins-once-removed" and/or "second cousins" - with both of these relationships being perfectly legal most everywhere (especially since they can't procreate) and quite acceptable in the porn sensibility.

by Anonymousreply 253January 30, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote]have him gain about 20 pounds of muscle (a paul telfer body!)

God, no. He's perfect just the way he is.

by Anonymousreply 254January 30, 2020 8:54 PM

Days production restarts next Monday! Now they will be 5-6 months ahead instead of 7...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 30, 2020 9:08 PM

How stupid. As long as they've got everyone on hiatus, they should just keep them that way for another three months to correct the asinine production schedule.

by Anonymousreply 256January 30, 2020 9:19 PM

R256 I agree. Now nothing is fixed and they are just as likely to be canceled when the next renewal decision comes up.

by Anonymousreply 257January 30, 2020 9:22 PM

I love Paul Telfer's big and sexy man boobs

by Anonymousreply 258January 30, 2020 9:50 PM

R258 Wasted on women who don't know what to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 259January 30, 2020 9:58 PM

R257 NBC could make a deal with Sony and Corday to post old episodes on Peacock. No matter how much of a mess Days is, it still has use as a regular form of content. Yes their schedule needs to be much closer to broadcast but that is something NBC, Sony and Corday should have done years ago.

by Anonymousreply 260January 30, 2020 11:09 PM

R254... guess will have to agree to disagree.. personally i just think brandon's face is TOO thin, almost to the point of being "bony"... he will NOT age well if he doesn't add some heft and filling out of that face.....

by Anonymousreply 261January 30, 2020 11:13 PM

Trump's biggest mistake?

Being born.

by Anonymousreply 262January 30, 2020 11:13 PM

R261 I agree about BB's face. He's Skeletor Jr. looking like that.

R262 You're on the wrong thread again honey.

by Anonymousreply 263January 30, 2020 11:17 PM

R262 Tony DiMera says so too!

by Anonymousreply 264January 30, 2020 11:18 PM

Michael Ausiello at TV Line is reporting that Days has merely been officially picked up. Says they won't start shooting new episodes until sometime in March.

He reports they're still negotiating all the actors' contracts. And Ron certainly can't begin writing new episodes until he knows which actors are coming back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 31, 2020 1:06 AM

I agree that Beemer could benefit from a few pounds of muscle but I can't see him ever being able to get a body like Telfer. Men like that are one in a million.

by Anonymousreply 266January 31, 2020 1:53 AM

R256

I doubt they'd be able to hold on to the cast if they went dark for 3 more months. They need to return to work as planned but just slow down the taping speed.

by Anonymousreply 267January 31, 2020 1:55 AM

The only three that I could see not returning are Chandler, Victoria, and Rob. Chandler does a lot of indie films and I'm sure that someone would pick up Rob for hot buy parts, and Victoria may want to try something else while she's young.

by Anonymousreply 268January 31, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]The only three that I could see not returning are Chandler, Victoria, and Rob.

And that's why the show felt comfortable in releasing everyone from their contracts. Not much chance any of them would get another show at all. Especially those over 50 (which is more than half the cast). Only ones with much chance of getting another gig during the three month hiatus are the younger ones you listed.

by Anonymousreply 269January 31, 2020 2:53 AM

R268 Chandler wasn't going anywhere. The boy has no drive to do anything but Days...

by Anonymousreply 270January 31, 2020 7:41 AM

I find billy Flynn so unattractive that I almost find him attractive because I feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 271February 1, 2020 2:49 AM

Chandler isn't going anywhere. I believe RSW awhile back on his Instagram stories showed himself with 2 different scripts that he had been reading and captioned things as pilot season. Freddie won't be leaving because he needs this show to help him with his side hustles.

Billy Flynn did some play. Where rich people can download themselves into new bodies and his character was a woman who died and had herself downloaded into a male body. So Billy may be waiting on his Tony nomination.

Frau Central is reporting what many have known about for months. Which is Casey Moss is leaving the show and his character's exit coming up soon.

by Anonymousreply 272February 1, 2020 2:09 PM

I'm assuming that Casey is going to get into either music or real estate. He's losing his hair and those weight fluctuations don't help. He has leading man good looks, but is slowly falling apart. Poor thing.

Chandler is a good actor, he should have stayed gone and kept trying his luck outside of soaps. But I guess it beats being a server.

by Anonymousreply 273February 1, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote] But I guess it beats being a server.

Chandler could use his Mandarin and add some authenticity to the dining experience at Panda Express, and they'd probably put him on the fast-track for Assistant Manager.

by Anonymousreply 274February 1, 2020 5:12 PM

Casey adds little to the show but now there's even less young characters left on his geriatric show.

by Anonymousreply 275February 1, 2020 5:47 PM

The show really botched JJ. He should have been much more interesting of a character. He's a Devereaux, a Johnson, a Spencer and a Horton. That's a fucked up gene pool. He could have been a hot head young know it all doctor like Grandpa Bill or he could have been a sleazy bad boy like the Johnsons or he could have been a preppy rich boy with an I'm better than you attitude being groomed for politics like Jack.

He could have still been a young leading man and still be rotten.

What I would have done is made him like Grandpa Bill and would have just retold a version of the Bill/Mickey/Laura story. With JJ as Bill. Mike's son Jeremy as Mickey. And some new character as a Laura type, maybe a young intern and protege of Marlena. JJ could be a pill popping, womanizing, brilliant young intern.

by Anonymousreply 276February 1, 2020 6:00 PM

R274, I'm afraid I've already put him out of a job.

by Anonymousreply 277February 1, 2020 6:48 PM

Soap gossip says Sondra from 227 & Bonnie Raitt

might be making guest appearances on the show in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 278February 2, 2020 8:10 AM

Has Jackée Harry become that desperate in need of money that she would go on a show that would only be able to pay her a measly few pennies and a couple of boxes immatation snack cakes?

by Anonymousreply 279February 2, 2020 9:25 AM

While I am sure that Jackee Harry is comfortable, from steady work over the last 40 years, it doesn't hurt to get a small gig every now and again to keep the SAG-Aftra health insurance and pension up to date.

by Anonymousreply 280February 2, 2020 2:11 PM

Days to do a special tribute episode in honor of Bill Hayes' 50th anniversary with the show.

50 years is pretty amazing! Glad Days is honoring him. And that anniversary is coming up soon. The anniversary of his first airdate is early March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281February 3, 2020 8:01 PM

Ron Carlivati: I think it’s important to honor the actor and the character and the longevity, and also for the fans that have watched that person for so many years. We found a way in by there being an unexpected death in the family that has an impact on Doug and causes him to reminisce about when he first came to town. I don't want to give away too much, but there will be a very nice day that honors him.

Speculation is that Bill Horton will die offscreen, since Doug first appeared on the show as Bill's prison cellmate.

by Anonymousreply 282February 3, 2020 9:11 PM

So Marie would be the only one left. They’ve never really dealt with Tommy one way or the other, but the assumption, I guess, is he’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 283February 3, 2020 9:24 PM

Erika Sleezak should play Marie

by Anonymousreply 284February 3, 2020 9:27 PM

Maree Cheatham is alive and still acting and doing just fine thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 285February 3, 2020 9:31 PM

I thought Sleestak got hired to play Marlena's mother, Martha.

by Anonymousreply 286February 3, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote] I thought Sleestak got hired to play Marlena's mother, Martha.

Close - she’s been hired to play Marlena’s [bold]grandmother[/bold], Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 287February 3, 2020 10:47 PM

I am so glad they are honoring Bill Hayes' 50th anniversary. I have such warm memories of watching him all my life. It still blows my mind that he's over 90 but looks fantastic and can still act his heart out. I cried during those scenes a few months ago when Doug was losing Julie.

I was just a tyke but I remember bits and pieces of Doug/Addie/Julie. My fuller memories started from the time of Doug & Robert

by Anonymousreply 288February 4, 2020 12:33 AM

I think most long-time viewers assume Tommy died somewhere along the way, and it was just never mentioned. But apparently, Julie & Jennifer made some passing reference to him (still alive) back in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 289February 4, 2020 12:57 AM

At Tom's funeral, Alice referred to Mickey as Tom's oldest son. I don't know if that was a writing mistake on some script writer's part, but I think most people assumed from that point on that Tommy was dead. Too bad we never got the planned "Hawaiian Lives" spin off about Tommy and Sandy Horton.

by Anonymousreply 290February 4, 2020 1:03 AM

Fit, fat or fat-fit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 4, 2020 2:26 AM

He's gained weight again?

by Anonymousreply 292February 4, 2020 2:28 AM

Yes! Thank you for jogging my memory about that, R290! I remember I cried "foul" at the time -- writers error! I'd never actually seen Tommy . His name was thrown around a bit in 1982 when Sandy was on the canvas, but in the years afterward, he solely existed as a Christmas ornament.

Tom Jr. & Sandy are the "forgotten" Hortons -- the branch of the family tree that just faded away/went nowhere. (even Marie's grandkid had a big storyline). I'd like to think Tommy is living out his senior years in an exclusive retirement community in Hawaii. Sandy and her wife live nearby, and frequently take him out on their boat...and they laugh about their weirdo, fucked-up cousins in the midwest.

by Anonymousreply 293February 4, 2020 2:55 AM

While Julie is credited as Days first bad girl. She was very much a Sami type. Kitty Horton (Tommy's wife and Sandy's mother) was the first adult vixen of the show. I would love to see the Kitty episodes, it sounds like she was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 294February 4, 2020 2:59 AM

^^^

Speaking of Sami...AS posted a pic from the set. Monday was the cast's first day back and she was working.

by Anonymousreply 295February 4, 2020 7:27 AM

Spoiler Alert 📢:

Xander fucked Sarah today and Evan fucked Sonny for the second time today.

by Anonymousreply 296February 4, 2020 10:20 PM

R296 Double gross!

by Anonymousreply 297February 4, 2020 10:29 PM

Evan wanted the D bad today and I think he is the son of a villain but I don't think Evan will be evil(I hope not at least I don't hate him yet)

by Anonymousreply 298February 4, 2020 10:31 PM

Evan is acting all nice guy now... but I am waiting for Evan to visit Will and taunt him to reveal his villain status.

by Anonymousreply 299February 4, 2020 10:40 PM

RSW just posted a video of himself in the makeup room today. It looks like they all came back, except for Jump Street JJ.

by Anonymousreply 300February 4, 2020 10:47 PM

r299

I'm wondering if RC will do a redux of Kristen. She was all nice(and the daughter of a major villain) until John wanted to dump her for Marlena so if the rumors are true about Evan being Clyde or Orpheus' son then he can go to the dark side when Sonny dumps him for WIll

by Anonymousreply 301February 4, 2020 10:52 PM

R301 Evan already seems a bit annoyed Will hasn't filed the divorce papers.

by Anonymousreply 302February 4, 2020 11:00 PM

I predict Evan will try to kill Will at some point. I think he's a dead serious villain unlikely the caricature that was Leo.

by Anonymousreply 303February 4, 2020 11:08 PM

Evan's a bisexual; that's evil right there!

by Anonymousreply 304February 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Evan intercepted the background check that Rafe sent for. We didn't see what was in it but Evan said Rafe can never find out.

Rumor has it Evan absconds with David.

My spec is that the background check revealed Evan was in a psych hospital. I bet that's how he met Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 305February 4, 2020 11:17 PM

R296... but they didn't SHOW xander screwing sarah or evan with sonny either...

all they showed were xander and sarah about to take their clothes off in bed...

STRANGE how xander (paul telfer) is constantly shown off as the ultimate sex on a stick eye candy but yet they never show him in any actual lovemaking scenes, just pre or post coital? WHY IS THAT????....

by Anonymousreply 306February 4, 2020 11:38 PM

R306 Because soaps in some ways have become somewhat more prudish and with Days complaints about certain past sex scenes as "going too far" for daytime tv.(Abby riding EJ, Will and Paul in the hotel room,etc...)

by Anonymousreply 307February 4, 2020 11:46 PM

R306

The Xander/Sarah sex scene is tomorrow according to spoilers. That being said, DAYS doesn't do sex scenes like they used to. They used to do full blown hot AF sex scenes. Last one that was truly smoking was Chloe/Daniel. They fucked on every surface one day. I hope they take full advantage of PL's gorgeous body tomorrow.

That man is perfection in my book.

by Anonymousreply 308February 5, 2020 12:43 AM

I'm still hoping that Evan is somehow the long lost child of John and Doc. I like the idea of John having another gay son and Marlena having another potential bad seed kid.

by Anonymousreply 309February 5, 2020 2:03 AM

I think eventually Evan goes psycho and kidnaps Will then Ben rescues Will... because you know Sonny is useless at this hero stuff. And that will be the end of Evan. The way they gave him so little air time so far kind of tells me he's not going to be legacy material.

by Anonymousreply 310February 5, 2020 3:26 AM

R309

FFS don't give Marlena or John anymore kids. They're the only ones allowed to have adult kids on screen or to pop in to visit.

by Anonymousreply 311February 5, 2020 4:50 AM

R311

I would love John and Marlena to have a child just to make belle go crazy but it baffles me why like you said other super couples kids like Andrew or any other of Justin and Adrienne’s kids are on screen

by Anonymousreply 312February 5, 2020 11:53 AM

R307 and R308.. i hear you, odd how the soaps have actually become MORE prudish and have GONE BACKWARDS in terms of sex shown on the screen now in the 21st century, when back in the day that was one of the REASONS why the soaps were exciting to watch in the first damn place!...

REMINDS me of how back in the day in the 80s and 90's male strippers, male hunk contests and so on were regularly shown on daytime tv (male strippers actually stripping and wearing thongs and explicit) and if they showed this stuff now, it would be seen as "sick, outrageous, wrong" and outraged among many? and very very most likely would never even be aired on daytime tv!

WHAT HAPPENED??? ..

I hear you R308 about telfer... off the charts smoking he is! and yes, i remember that chloe/daniel sex scene episode! that goodness i recorded it! (and any sex scenes, shirtless scenes with daniel , i.e. shawn christian!)... i did find it ODD though that his torrid dirty forbidden sex pool romp with kate where horny grandma former high price call girl kate seduces him yet again this gorgeous built handsome young stud away from her own granddaughter and daniel being the himbo he is is easily seduced that they didn't show these 2 kate and daniel (shawn christian and lauren koslow) ACTUALLY GOING AT IT??? ! i found that odd then and now! i mean BOTH have done scorching soft porn like sex scenes before with others and since this was such a taboo forbidden scene one would think they would have shown them doing the deed, instead all we got was seduction on kate's part, daniel's confusion and "this is wrong" turned into lust and then some kissing? FAST FORWARD to them laying together under the covers on a pool chair after the deed? WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT??..

course the director and the writers had them, the 2 characters acting like they are NOW in a relationship and in love?? THAT SCENE could have been so so much hotter and erotic then it was (although still hot)!

by Anonymousreply 313February 5, 2020 12:22 PM

I’m not surprised about Casey leaving. His character really had no purpose especially since the bad boy/good girl couples make the fraus cream their granny panties.

by Anonymousreply 314February 5, 2020 5:14 PM

I think that both Bill and Tommy are still alive somewhere. It would make sense if it were Bill for impact on today's canvas. Tommy hasn't been seen in decades.

Yes,the character of JJ could have been much more and I think Casey could have played anything they gave him.

by Anonymousreply 315February 5, 2020 5:48 PM

Casey was great when he first came on the canvas as a troublemaker. Unfortunately, they dulled all of JJ's edges and turned him into a bore.

For the past 20 years or so, this show has pretty consistently cast better young talent than any other soap – I realize that's a low bar -- yet it has squandered the potential of every single one.

I love the vets, but this is no way to position a soap for the future.

by Anonymousreply 316February 5, 2020 6:07 PM

Instead of adult kids showing up, it would be much better if Marlena had a new baby with John.

by Anonymousreply 317February 5, 2020 6:32 PM

GG out as Rafe.

by Anonymousreply 318February 6, 2020 3:23 PM

closed captioning says it's Hattie as Marlena this past week

by Anonymousreply 319February 6, 2020 7:08 PM

R319 I watch on my desktop (no CC) & I thought it was Hattie due to her talk with Kate & Deidre doing some of her Hattie mannerisms. Will she be killed by NuStefano?

R318 So much for Rafe being untouchable on the show. I wish they'd give some of the vets a 13 or 26 week break & hire younger actors for some varied storylines.

How many times can Jarlena be kidnapped? I heard Stefano had 4 brothers (presumably younger) & that none of them have been portrayed on thh show yet. I think this would be a great opportunity for some new blood (& villains) for the show..

I know some siblings that are about 20 years apart so these could be in the 55-65 age range (younger than Vaggie, Jarlena, Patch /Kayla, Abe, & Jack). I don't know why they don't try to get some of the under 50 actors from the cancelled soaps (ATWT, GL, AW, SB, AMC, OLTL, Passions. etc). that have built in fan bases (as opposed to the new Asian guy & Hispanic girl they've hire for 2020). I can't recall any actors on the cancelled soaps that could pass as Stefano's siblings. Any ideas? Perhaps Jack from ATWT or Julian from Passions?

by Anonymousreply 320February 7, 2020 8:25 AM

R320 Vincent Irizarry, from AMC , could have passed as Stefano's younger brother but DAYS already squandered him as Deimos Kiriakis

by Anonymousreply 321February 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Agreed r321. Vincent could pass a relative of Stefano.

But also consider Days has also a long history of bringing back actors in different roles. Judi Evans as Adrianne and Bonnie; Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek and Roman; Wayne Northrop as Roman and Alex North; Kyle Lowder as Brady and Rex.

by Anonymousreply 322February 7, 2020 12:16 PM

[quote]I can't recall any actors on the cancelled soaps that could pass as Stefano's siblings.

First person who came to mind reading that sentence was Vincent Irizarry.

by Anonymousreply 323February 7, 2020 1:59 PM

I'd prefer they SORAS Stefano's grandson, Johnny DiMera,

He was born the year before Joey and the year after Ciara, and they're both adults now.

by Anonymousreply 324February 7, 2020 5:44 PM

Freddie & Chandler have been let go according to Freddie's podcast.

by Anonymousreply 325February 12, 2020 6:31 PM

I want to see Will's bum.

by Anonymousreply 326February 12, 2020 7:05 PM

Well this news should please fired former HW Dena because one of her jobs when she came back yo the show was to completely rid Salem of its gays.

There had already been rumors that one of the EP's on the show ended the Leo storyline early because they thought the show had once again become "too gay" in their opinion and something needed to be done about it.

by Anonymousreply 327February 12, 2020 7:52 PM

Even a gay-friendly focus group would tell you that WilSon is a snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 328February 12, 2020 8:12 PM

They are purging all the young actors!

by Anonymousreply 329February 12, 2020 8:42 PM

Some are speculating Camila Banus has been let go.

by Anonymousreply 330February 12, 2020 10:28 PM

Days of Our Elderly Lives, brought to you by Pfizer, GlaxcoSmithKline & BristolMeyersSquibb.

Co-sponsord by AARP and Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2020 10:41 PM

Are they cutting all these people to pay for the old folks?

by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2020 10:43 PM

It's February Massacre at Days!

by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2020 10:44 PM

The actors defended the show when everyone was let off contract for the long hiatus. Then after the show got renewed, they called people back to work just to fire them. How's that for screwing them over? Days has always had very inconsiderate management.

by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2020 10:48 PM

I'm thrilled FCF has been fired!

Hopefully, Chandler will come back with Christopher Sean as Paul. Paul/Will was Chandler's hottest and only viable pairing.

by Anonymousreply 335February 12, 2020 10:51 PM

They probably won't let RSW go considering that he's one of Albert's "special" favorites.

by Anonymousreply 336February 12, 2020 10:56 PM

The show is on its last leg anyway... better the younger actors go out and find better roles.

by Anonymousreply 337February 13, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote] better the younger actors go out and find better roles.

Or return to college to get another degree, or find work at a used car lot in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 338February 13, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote] Are they cutting all these people to pay for the old folks?

No. The old folks basically work for food and to maintain their SAG-AFTRA benefits. .. They also let them take home free samples from the hair and makeup room, so that's a real incentive for many, and the let them have an employee discount, if they'd like to buy some of the used clothes from the wardrobe dept.

by Anonymousreply 339February 13, 2020 5:35 AM

I mean....Marlena and Hattie? Princess Gina? Like 30 years ago maybe? but it's so fucking BAD now. These people are TOO OLD to be getting brainwashed or "Busting out" of jail.

If not-Eileen Davidson killed Haley, why has she not been prosecuted or something?

by Anonymousreply 340February 13, 2020 10:03 AM

Yesterday was Galen, Chandler & Freddie's last day on the show. According to Freddie & Chandler they weren't even called & told they were being let go. They called Galen. FS/CM read the scripts & went to management to ask what was going on. That's so tacky to handle it that way.

by Anonymousreply 341February 14, 2020 1:16 PM

I'm actually okay about this. I'm not sorry to see Freddie go. He was awful and wrong for the part. I will miss Chandler, but he needed to leave to get out of his comfort zone and actually start looking for a job outside of soaps. Chandler needs to be auditioning and doing other things, not trapped on a soap forever, even though, I guess, it's better than waiting tables. Galen will end up on another soap or do guest spots in primetime. I doubt if we will ever see Casey or Freddie again unless the show brings them back.

by Anonymousreply 342February 14, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote] Chandler needs to be auditioning and doing other things.

He'll more than likely excel at the 'other things' part, but auditioning takes drive and motivation.

by Anonymousreply 343February 14, 2020 7:28 PM

BILL HORTON IS DEAD TO ME.

by Anonymousreply 344February 14, 2020 9:02 PM

R341. Aw man, I wanted to record that. How did they send them off?

by Anonymousreply 345February 15, 2020 9:57 AM

R345

Yesterday was their last tape day. They will air for the next 6 months

by Anonymousreply 346February 15, 2020 11:33 AM

Freddie said in one of his recent videos that their last episode would air on Sept 18.

Since Galen taped his last episode on Feb 13 as well, his final air date should be somewhere around Sept 18 as well.

by Anonymousreply 347February 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Freddie and Chandler might have been caught off guard by their firing, but Galen was clued in about Rafe being written off.

In this podcast, taped in mid January, Galen indicated that he was going back for a few weeks in February and then would be off the show. Go to Part 2 of the Galen interview. He talks about leaving Days around the 1 hour 1 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 15, 2020 1:51 PM

No more FCF! YAY!!!!!!!!! Hail Baphomet!

Stacy and Eric were awesome yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 349February 15, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote] Yesterday was their last tape day. They will air for the next 6 months.

It's hilarious how the show finally had a production hiatus, yet they're still going to have a six-month gap between taping and broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 350February 15, 2020 9:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!