Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dolly Parton Advises Christians To Back Off On Gays

"If you're gay, you're gay, " says Dolly, then adding, "some of the finest most creative people I've known have been gay and I see nothing wrong with them !"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2019 6:53 PM

Speaking for herself....

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2019 3:44 PM

are those her real teeth?

I know she is 90% fake and has admitted it..."it takes a lot of money to look this cheap"

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2019 3:45 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2019 3:48 PM

Burn her!!! Burn her!!!

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2019 4:17 PM

" I say beat her, beat her until she repents. Presently Dolly has the devil's mouth and is spouting evil ! "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2019 4:25 PM

One did write 3,000 songs.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2019 11:18 AM

Is she getting ready to finally come out?

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2019 11:26 AM

She always been such a bright light for gays. Thank you Dolly for your support!

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2019 11:31 AM

Dolly will never come out. It is ok since she isn't hateful.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2019 11:39 AM

I know DL worships Dolly, but on what planet does what was quoted @OP equate to "[telling] Christians to back off?"

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2019 11:41 AM

Is she really gay like people sometimes say? Where’s the evidence? Any girlfriends? Where her Robin Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2019 11:42 AM

“I missed having a wedding dress and all that,” Parton said. “I’m being fitted up for that. He’s looking for suits. We’re going to take a bunch of pictures. Might even sell some to the rag mags and take the money and give it to the Imagination Library. That’s my plan.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2019 11:43 AM

Just read this thread if there is any doubt Dolly is family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2019 11:45 AM

Are her tits fake?

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2019 11:52 AM

or for gods sake dolly come out as the lez uve been ur whole life, traveling with ur best buddy that lady for the last 50 yrs...

HAVE SOME GUTS AND DO IT

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2019 12:01 PM

Being raised so poor, she is a freak for $$$$, and wont jeopardize a cent by coming out..

very sad

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2019 12:05 PM

'Despite her 5390-year long marriage with Carl Thomas'

Is this satire, a typo, or is she Methuselah?

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t believe either she or Oprah is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2019 12:24 PM

I don't think Oprah is. I don't know enough about Dolly to form an opinion. I'm a gay man and I have a female best friend whom I love very much and she loves me, we are as close as two people can be without being in a romantic relationship and lots of people assume we are. So I can understand people getting the wrong idea about close relationships. At the end of the day, it's no ones business.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2019 12:31 PM

Dolly might not be a lesbian but I do not think she is straight.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2019 12:35 PM

The Nashville insider said it was clear Judy Ogle is gay. If there was any talk of her being in a relationship, I might believe Dolly and her are just good friends.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2019 12:38 PM

No one still thinks Oprah is gay I can’t even imagine her sexually with a woman but Dolly I don’t know..I haven’t seen sufficient evidence or heard enough chatter from people in the know. Where are all the Hollywood insiders on DL with tea on Dolly? There are none.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2019 12:38 PM

Read the L Chat thread. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2019 12:43 PM

Regarding sex, Dolly admits to being very proactive about learning all about it. She doesn't mention lesbian sex in this old interview, but I bet she's tried it, at least.

Her sex talk begins at 8:50 of the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2019 12:51 PM

Anyway who wants to imagine Dolly having sex be it with a man or woman

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2019 1:23 PM

I certainly never cast in her in a movie because she has nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2019 1:42 PM

A pic of young Dolly with husband Carl Dean. She's definitely had implants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2019 1:56 PM

"If you're gay, you're gay." I'm ancient, and I've never heard it put so simply and so well.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]Is she really gay like people sometimes say? Where’s the evidence? Any girlfriends?

Paging Bonnie Mace...STAT.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2019 2:28 PM

Another love her here!

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2019 2:36 PM

Carl Dean is haaaaaawt! 😍

So, anyway...Love Dolly, and sure she didn’t mean it this way, buuuut....

She makes it sound like it’s only OK to be gay if you’re also fine, creative, and if you meet Dolly’s approval. We don’t owe anybody anything. Good, bad, pretty, ugly, rich, poor, it shouldn’t matter. We shouldn’t feel the need to be useful or entertaining or anything to validate our existence.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2019 2:56 PM

R12, thank you for posting that link. I saw the video at the bottom of the page, and Dolly married herself a looker. Mr. Dean was not the only luck person in this marriage. Anyway, love you for all your support of our gay community Dolly!

Btw, R5: why did you post at picture of a chimpanzee?

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2019 3:04 PM

Me as well r19. Although she and I are not friends anymore, we drifted apart when I left Manhattan for LA. But we were also as close as two people could be without having sex. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2019 3:09 PM

R31 go back to Twitter with your faux outrage and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2019 3:10 PM

I don't think she's gay no matter what DL has decreed. She's happily married to Carl Dean but I think both have messed around on the side. She has admitted to having an "emotional" affair.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2019 3:16 PM

'She's definitely had implants. '

Ya think?!

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2019 3:16 PM

I think Oprah is gay.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2019 3:16 PM

If she'd only stick to eating me she wouldn't be so fuckin fat!

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2019 3:23 PM

Notice how she didn't say that to Mohammadians

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2019 3:48 PM

That is because she is not one, R39. She is a Christian talking to other Christians.

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2019 4:15 PM

Still a noble move on her part. So many rich successful artists still won't side with the gays for fear of losing fan base.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2019 4:23 PM

I'm not sure she's a Christian, or at least not a strict one.

Many years ago, a guy I was dating at the time took me to the house of this old lady who was a psychic to the stars in LA. On her wall were autographed photos of the stars who used her services, like Shirley MacLaine, Dennis Weaver and Dolly Parton. I was surprised that Dolly was one of her customers, but supposedly she used this psychic all the time.

I have a feeling that Dolly's down-home image is mostly an act. With her untraditional marriage, lesbian rumors, tattoos, interest in psychics and difficult personality, I don't think she's the same person in private that she is in public.

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2019 4:26 PM

R42 lots of Christians use psychics. Or have you forgotten Nancy Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2019 4:30 PM

All of Hollywood operates via a combination of Astrology like the kind Nancy Reagan consulted (hence the Hollywood “stat” system of old) and the Chinese Zodiac like the kind you see on restaurant placemats.

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2019 4:40 PM

R42 People have a mistaken view of Christians, especially small-town Christians, based on the loud views of preachers and activists, who don't actually reflect the views of the average pew sitter. First of all Dolly comes from Appalachia, which has a rich history of folk religion. While majority Christian, they also believe in psychics, witches, ghosts, etc... and they don't tend to think of those as being in conflict with their Christianity. Because to people like Dolly, and me, being a Christian is a relationship between an individual and God, not an individual and the church and/or clergy. There really isn't anything as a "strict" Christian, the only beliefs that is really required to be a Christian is that Jesus is the Son of God, that he died and was resurrected, and that through him we can be saved. Any Christian who acts legalistic, is NOT practicing Christianity, anyone who reads the Gospels would quickly understand that Jesus was AGAINST the legalistic religious leaders and that he hungout with and was a friend to the sinners and outcasts. Dolly is much more a Christian than Pat Robertson.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2019 5:11 PM

I will believe Dolly is asexual before I believe she is straight.

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2019 5:14 PM

I really do think Dolly is referring partly to herself in the original quote just like she is partly referring to herself here:

“I didn’t know any gay people in my childhood. I do have a lot of gays in my family now, but some will never come out,” the singer, who was one of 12 children in a Pentecostal family living in Locust Ridge, Tenn., told Britain’s Event magazine, per an article featured on the Daily Mail’s website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2019 5:26 PM

I don't think she's that religious but she knows her audience and they demand some religious talk and songs.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2019 5:38 PM

R48 I think you are wrong, she is very spiritual. But, like I mentioned above in R45, her religion is much more a personal relationship between her and God. Her position is clearly epitomized by Dollywood, a themepark that is totally open and welcoming to everyone, including LGBTs, yet is also home to the Southern Gospel Hall of Fame, a chapel where services are actually held, and a yearly Gospel music festival. She is a grand-daughter of a preacher, and she has taken the faith preached by grandfather to it's logical conclusion. All are sinners, all sin is equal, all can be saved(Whosoever Will May Come). And, salvation isn't about any actions, but upon your personal relationship with the Savior. Sin is more about anything that separates one from God, than clear cut rules, therefore what is sin for one person might not be a sin for another. For instance, alcohol might be a sin for an alcoholic but not for a non-alcoholic. It isn't about creeds or rules.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2019 6:36 PM

She is wonderful, l love her and have loved for decades. And what composer/singer!

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2019 6:47 PM

She wears too much makeup to be a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2019 7:18 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] She wears too much makeup to be a lesbian —Ellen

Then what was I, a cross-dressing str8 guy?

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2019 8:05 PM

What is up with her sagging lip on one side?

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2019 8:08 PM

Her giant breasts are pulling it down, r54

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2019 8:11 PM

R54, I noticed that too; perhaps she’s had a mini-stroke?

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2019 8:47 PM

I hope Dolly is ok.

Have the people here never heard the term "lipstick lesbian"?

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2019 9:18 PM

[R54], I noticed that too; perhaps she’s had a mini-stroke?

I think it's that, or Bell's Palsy.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2019 9:44 PM

R58 It could be one of those or she might just be breaking in a new set of dentures. On the CMAs she sounded just like my grandmother when she gets a new set. Her mouth also looks saggy until they are broken in.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2019 10:21 PM

I guess she’ll lose Cracker Barrell’s support

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2019 11:02 PM

She wants to come out of closet but her family/lover say it will cost her millions.

have some guts/tits dolly, and do it

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2019 6:45 PM

R4, I'll be there at Christmas. If you're in town, I'll pick you up at 3am on December 26 and we can sit in the parking lot. and drink hot cocoa in my car while we wait for Hobby Lobby to open for the half off sales. Then we can go across the street to Hong Kong Buffet and eat til we puke!

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2019 6:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!