Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It Ain’t Easy Being Pretty—Life With The WeHo Insta-Squad

I’m curious about how pretty gays self-segregate—is it deliberate or does it just happen naturally? How do they do handle it when they have to interact with someone who isn’t pretty enough to be on their Instagram? How do they gently tell that person who isn’t pretty or in shape enough that they can’t be seen with them? How do they manage to develop friendships with only people most would consider good looking? Are they ever curious about what it’s like to be friends with someone regardless of how they look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2020 1:57 AM

How exhausting. And what happens to them once they hit 40, anyway? Do they just get sucked into hell overnight?

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 8:53 PM

^no, they worse than ever.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2019 8:56 PM

R1 WHEN they hit 40?? Those bitches look 40 already.

Their lives looks so vapid and pointless if they’re still still taking pictures like college girls on spring break. You can tell they are the types who will grow old alone because they think nobody is good enough for them.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2019 8:56 PM

They are able to put on very good fronts when forced to interact with less attractive people. Forced smiles with high pitched, slightly elevated voices. They limit themselves so they don't have to interact with the less attractive as often. Then they make fun of them behind their backs with their more attractive and insta ready friends.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2019 8:57 PM

I enjoy their false humility and how they pretend looks don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2019 8:58 PM

Evil Datalounge forced the beautiful Joey Battaglia (top right) to make his Insta private.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2019 9:00 PM

They don’t even look like anything special to me. Their “look” is a dime a dozen in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2019 9:01 PM

None hold a candle to Andre Patnode.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2019 9:01 PM

I have an A-list cousin who lives in WeHo--he and all his friends work out constantly, and I do not (I am an academic who does not live in California). I'm attractive enough to pick up men in my own city, but since I do not work out, I am just not in these guys's league. he has twice had parties for me while I'm staying with him, and his friends were clearly uncomfortable around me from the get-go--I do dress like they do or look like they do. After a while they got like me, but when they came to his house for the party both times (it was a different group of friends each time) I felt like I was some sort of pariah at first. I've never had that experience anywhere with anyone since middle school--where I felt as if I was being excluded just because I didn't fit in with how everyone else looked and dressed.

I told him after the second time that I just didn't want to hang around his friends in large numbers anymore since that had happened twice with them--I was happy to see any of them one on one, but not in a big group because they made me feel so excluded. It was the same feeling as being a middle school pariah, and being made to feel that again was something I just wasn't going to tolerate as an adult

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2019 9:01 PM

*sorry, I mistyped: that should have read, "I do not dress like they do or look like they do."

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2019 9:03 PM

[R10] What do they talk about?

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2019 9:04 PM

R9 And that shit is exactly why I don’t bother to go out of my way to make gay friends - most of them are complete assholes.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2019 9:04 PM

I lived in WeHo when I was young. They basically avoid hanging out or talking to anyone that is not attractive including hags. If someone dose start a conversation who they find unappealing they either cut it off rudely so that person never tires to talk to them again or act disinterested and don't engage. They don't care what ugly people think about them.

And if you are attractive the opposite is true. Want to be buddies, BFF hang out, etc. Totally driven by appearance even if those other people are shallow vapid drama queens, still better than taking pics with Fugs.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]And that shit is exactly why I don’t bother to go out of my way to make gay friends

Well, you sound just as vapid as they are. Maybe try going out and talking to people who don't look like male models.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2019 9:08 PM

They don't change. They will always be that way, only older and somewhat more resentful.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2019 9:09 PM

LOL been there before—-that sense that you are being “tolerated” by a bunch of vapid queens. F that.

I think it’s because they are afraid that friendliness might give you the wrong impression. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2019 9:10 PM

The two on the right are fugly.

The other two are nothing special. A tan always helps.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2019 9:12 PM

R13 I bet when they reached eldergay status they got a big dose of karma and they were on the other end.

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2019 9:13 PM

This is real a culture in WeHo, not so much a gay thing. WeHo is everything you hate about shallow gays on steroids. Partially because there really are a high percentage of good looking guys there from models to actors all looking for work based on their looks.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2019 9:13 PM

They just look exquisitely groomed, not unusually handsome.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2019 9:14 PM

This reminds me of how so many complain how catty many American gays are. How about Euro and Latino gays?

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2019 9:15 PM

If cold shoulders, sighs and eye-rolls don’t do the trick, there’s always Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]I think it’s because they are afraid that friendliness might give you the wrong impression.

That's not the reason, if you are not young, good looking and muscular with visible abs, you are the fly in their Chardonnay Instagram hoe pic.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2019 9:15 PM

This kind of behavior was discussed on an episode of "The Other Two" OP when a normal man tries to befriend a group of Instagram Thots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2019 9:16 PM

Well the racist person who hates white people has resurfaced. She gets some type of satisfaction from diddling herself while spouting hate towards good looking white men. Don't fall for OP's tired and overused nonsense. She must search Instagram day and night looking for her next group of people to hate. We got it, you don't like good looking white people for some reason. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2019 9:16 PM

I wonder if pretty clients who get a discounted rate?

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2019 9:16 PM

Second from the right is a total TROLL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2019 9:16 PM

r10, my experience with my cousin's friends was that they were mostly fairly intelligent and likeable once I talked to them--they were interested in movies and books and things. They did want to talk a lot about the gym and about clothes and expensive vacations among themselves, but they would talk about other things too.

My cousin told me that they were just uncomfortable with me because I was not from Los Angeles (my cousin is from South Dakota, but has lived in LA for years), but I knew that wasn't it. One of them in particular treated me like a pariah even though we are even from the same home city (i.e. Minneapolis), and we ostensibly have much in common. He wasn't even that attractive, but he acted like he couldn't be seen speaking to me in front of anyone else. My cousin said, "Oh, that's just because he's really insecure," and I thought, well then, screw him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2019 9:17 PM

[quote] I think it’s because they are afraid that friendliness might give you the wrong impression.

How dare an uggo think for one moment men of their caliber might possibly be attracted to him! They are perfectly justified in being cold and unfriendly.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2019 9:20 PM

Matthew and Joey are friends with EastEnders royalty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2019 9:20 PM

Joey Battaglia (on the right) is NOT "fug."

He's gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2019 9:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2019 9:22 PM

The fact that you consider cousin A-list or he does is total bullshit to begin with. What the fuck is that really? I know the meaning but it's ridiculous that people consider themselves that to begin with.

Real A-List are people who have changed the world or saved someone's life like a firefighter or doctor or a political activist for gay rights. Not some well paid pretty queen with a good body and attractive friends.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Presented without comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote]my experience with my cousin's friends was that they were mostly fairly intelligent and likeable once I talked to them

The fact that you didn’t tell them to fuck off when they were ignoring you and treating you like shit until they found you “worthy” shows you were desperate for their validation. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]Joey Battaglia (on the right) is NOT "fug."

He's HIDEOUS. @ R32.

OMG.

Only on DL would that fugly 70s clone be considered cute.

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2019 9:27 PM

Not really. Telling them to fuck off would have come back on his cousin.

by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2019 9:27 PM

R9 how were you able to break though and get them to stop treating you like a different species?

Asking for a friend 😆

I’m gonna try your technique on the next gaggle of instagays I run into!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2019 9:28 PM

Thanks R34. "Wear pants and take an improve class, no ones having sex there"

by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2019 9:29 PM

"you're all stuck in this cycle of connecting and validating each other" - that's all it is, right there. It is adolescence that never ends.

by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2019 9:31 PM

All the single queens that bitch they hate gay pride and cant make friends with other gays should watch R34 video.

by Anonymousreply 41November 26, 2019 9:34 PM

That dude is not attractive R32. He looks like a deli working. You sound desperate.

by Anonymousreply 42November 26, 2019 9:36 PM

Here are two of them again.

That American teeth thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 26, 2019 9:39 PM

Loving how DL's favorite psychotherapist, and his pretty boy clique, was used as a visual example for this topic.

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2019 9:39 PM

Actually NOT so great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2019 9:40 PM

“How do they gently tell that person who isn’t pretty or in shape enough that they can’t be seen with them?”

Dismissive look followed by elevator eyes...then walk away without responding. Immediately text another Instagay and share unfortunate encounter and laugh hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2019 9:41 PM

As American teeth go, the sets above ain't bad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2019 9:43 PM

Show those TEETH gurls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2019 9:45 PM

Better link and REALLY are NOT a very good looking bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2019 9:46 PM

Americans all have exactly the same teeth. It looks so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2019 9:49 PM

You absolutely [bold]cannot[/bold] be an A-Gay in America without a having a glowing set of veneers.

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2019 9:52 PM

These fugs are A-gays?

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2019 9:53 PM

without having*

I guess I should have pre-faced that with "wannabe", R52.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2019 9:54 PM

Ready for Christmas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2019 9:55 PM

Wait, the group in R49 are considered WEHO A gays? WEHO has clearly fallen on hard times.

by Anonymousreply 55November 26, 2019 9:55 PM

R50 you've clearly never spent any time in meth country.

by Anonymousreply 56November 26, 2019 9:56 PM

What is up with these gays who enjoy having pedophile mustaches? At best, it's dorky. At worst, it's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2019 10:02 PM

Why is it a pedophile mustache? You're sick.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2019 10:03 PM

Not surprising, but Matthew Dempsey is a rude, mean-girl slut, despite the persona he wears on social media.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2019 10:05 PM

Give us some bitchy Matthew Dempsey stories!

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2019 10:06 PM

They’re all exceedingly average looking and they are NOT A-gays. Elton John, Tim Cook, and David Geffen are A-gays. These are instaThots.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2019 10:13 PM

I"m sorry to say this, but the men in WeHo are the worst. They are so nasty and mean. It's a culture that is learned being in that environment. I worked at PF Changs in West Hollywood and a group of overly tanned, tight shirted, pec bouncing handsome men, with lazer whitened teeth came in and were so rude and snotty to me. I just acted oblivious to their rudeness and stayed upbeat and friendly. I placed their drink order and I look over and they are talking to the host. They requested that someone else wait on them, because I wasn't handsome enough!!!! THE FUCK??? So, the check was transferred to this biracial male model who took over and I was stunned. I asked the manager, who was an ass, what happened and said something like, "Maybe you should hit the gym harder." Blame the victim!

Stupid fucks.

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2019 10:16 PM

Oh honeys this is the oldest story in the book and it happens in every superficial milieu, not just gay ghettos. Go to a disco in Verbier, or lounges in London, Paris or Milan. Go to Nikki Beach or any A list party in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2019 10:17 PM

If you're fugly, just pretend to be a producer. They're be all over you like flies on honey.

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]If you're fugly, just pretend to be a producer. They're be all over you like flies on honey.

Yes. If you've got money and a powerful position, looks don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2019 10:36 PM

I’m totally buying into the facade. I think Matthew Dempsey is one of the most grounded, compassionate and sincere therapists in all of WeHo. He is surrounded by a loving, accepting circle of amazing friends who have frequent get togethers and outings to just have fun and hang out, preferably in swimwear. People here are so judgmental and love tearing down people with positive outlooks and healthy self-esteem. Matt and his buddies are genuine and you bitches need to take a long look in the mirror and stop the hate.

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]How do they gently tell that person who isn’t pretty or in shape enough that they can’t be seen with them?

They probably say "You can't sit with us".

Inside they're all 16-year-old girls.

by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2019 10:41 PM

NYC is generally much better on this front. There is a little bit of it with under-30s but way better than WeHo. LA is is so vapid and superficial and materialistic - and WeHo is the worst of that combined with gayness.

by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2019 11:02 PM

I love the "gay fiction" @ R62.

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2019 11:04 PM

Let’s be real. The only people that truly care about this are still mentally in high school themselves.

Most of these insta hoes are miserable despite being hot, rich, popular, and healthy. So stop worrying about them so much. The ones that don’t get out will have depressing ends and yes, a few will never grow and still get lucky when it comes to happiness but those are exceptions.

Once you stop worrying about the “Alist” you’ll meet quality gays. They won’t be hot rich and popular but they’ll be kind interesting and deep. Most people who say they hate the shallowness of gays are hella shallow themselves. They act like gays are shallow but that’s only cause they go after shallow people themselves. Most gays are not shallow and are instead lovely but those gays aren’t insta famous either.

by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2019 11:11 PM

R63 I don’t know about the other cities, but every time I went clubbing in London when I was in my early 20’s (this was early to mid 2000’s), most of the gays were always very nice to me and would always buy me drinks. Maybe it was just because I was American.

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2019 11:20 PM

British gays LOVE America,

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2019 11:30 PM

R71 it’s because of your perfectly aligned teeth, which Brits are know for.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2019 11:45 PM

It's not rare for Brits to become fast "friends" with others while under the influence of alcohol. They drink like fish.

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2019 11:47 PM

Can you blame them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 26, 2019 11:51 PM

Living in LA, I've been around guys like this from time to time, through friends of friends, different social circles, etc. I'm not intimidated by them at all! But I'm also not trying to compete or measure up with them on some Instagram scale either.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2019 5:43 PM

They become the definition of the "Bitter Old Queen"! I relayed a story above waiting tables at PF Changs. But that wasn't the only experience. I would size these guys up, the minute I laid eyes on them, and they did not disappoint! I was always right. Rude, dismissive, and alloof.

It's like the stereotype, if you hear an accent, you know you're not getting a tip. If you see a fake tan and a glossy manicure, you're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2019 5:55 PM

It reminds me of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2019 7:26 PM

I don't see ANYONE hot in OP's photo. They just look sceney, queeny and bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2019 7:38 PM

R79 Like the Caftan wearing Aunties of Datalounge are not queeny and bitchy!

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2019 7:42 PM

I don't understand your objection, r74.

Binge drinking has always been in. But we usually only go out for just "one" drink i.e. one drinking session.

I have my staff party coming up, and I just know it will be glorious, messy knees up.

No shame.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2019 7:45 PM

It must be difficult to be gay these days. When I was in my 20s and you went out and got rejected it hurt— but ultimately you went home and went back to your life and forgot about it. With the internet and social media, you are pressured to be socially aceptable 24/7, with a legion of Instahoes reminding you that you aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2019 8:03 PM

Things aren't any different today r82. Most people do not share their feelings on social media, it's reserved for pictures and entertainment posts. You are just hearing from a vocal minority of drama kings and queens.

by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2019 8:44 PM

[Quote] a legion of Instahoes reminding you that you aren’t.

No one is required to take part in social media. I don't, and I'm young.

by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2019 8:53 PM

Sizzling 🔥 🔥 🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2019 9:13 PM

I know.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2019 9:16 PM

I think it was really awful of R27 to post a picture of one of the Giudice spawn without their permission.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2019 9:30 PM

R87 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2019 9:33 PM

The most pertinent DL question: Will he be fired from "Merrily We Roll Along"?

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2019 9:33 PM

Someone changed his wiki:

[Quote] Jenner also permanently harmed Benoist psychologically and physically as he abused her for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2019 9:34 PM

I gather the Fire Island cliques are as bad or worse than WeHo. Of course, that's just seasonal.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2019 9:34 PM

Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2019 9:35 PM

R90 Jenner's fuckable, so of course he's a str8 asshole.

by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2019 9:37 PM

Whatever. In the end they all get exactly what's coming to them -- middle age.

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2019 9:39 PM

I just read that linked article. A lot of me for a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2019 9:39 PM

How did this thread get taken over by the Benoist-Jenners?

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2019 10:15 PM

WeHo today is like Chelsea NYC 20 years ago

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2019 10:28 PM

Life in plastic it's fantastic...until those wrinkles start to show and that ass starts to sag then you get banished from Ken's plastic kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2019 11:18 PM

These are not the true "A" list gays. These are the literally the scrub team.

I have met and do meet "A" list gays and they have the money, and they don't care what you look like. If you are interesting, not a complete slob, and creative, they do let you into their world.

One "A" list gay couple I met in LA through a mutual friend. They had these scrub team guys crawling over them for attention whenever they went out. I was invited along at times, and I don't look like those guys. At the end of the night one of the "A" list couple said that they really liked me. The reason? It seemed to them I did not give a rat's ass about how much money they had, and they liked that and they wanted to hang with me more.

I seriously did not give a shit about how much money they had, they were just a cool, creative and interesting couple. So those guys above? They will get it sooner or later. It's you as a person, not what you look like.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2019 11:55 PM

Was it NPH and David?

by Anonymousreply 100November 28, 2019 12:27 AM

Once at a LGBT charity event I half turned to comment to this small group of guys (that looked just like these guys) on how great the turnout was - and in turning around to say something else I caught them making this face to each other -as if they were embarrassed for me for committing some major social faux pas for talking to them. I just turned back around and got my drink and walked away. Cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 28, 2019 12:42 AM

See OP, I don't think they are good looking in the slightest.

They look like effeminate gay men. Like most straight people would clock them as effeminate gay men form 100 yards away.

They are more attractive than other effeminate gay men but I will guarantee you that their ideal guy looks nothing like them and looks (and sounds) more like a classic hetero jock type and that straight women don't find them good looking either.

by Anonymousreply 102November 28, 2019 12:49 AM

[quote]Once you stop worrying about the “Alist” you’ll meet quality gays. They won’t be hot rich and popular but they’ll be kind interesting and deep.

Give me a break. I don't ever worry about the A-list, and yet I meet tons of non-A-list gay men who not only are NOT hot, rich or popular, but they are also not necessarily kind, interesting or deep either. We bought that fiction hook, line and sinker from popular media that convinced us that everyone with less-than-stellar looks was a hidden genius or a wonderful kind, gentle soul - bullshit. Shallow boring people exist in every strata of society.

by Anonymousreply 103November 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Great trolling OP

10/10

by Anonymousreply 104November 28, 2019 2:42 AM

So true, R103. Reminds me of a friend I had years ago who insisted anyone who spent money on the finer things in life (travel, nice homes, etc) must be in debt up to their eyeballs. Meanwhile she was living frugally, saving and spending responsibly and feeling oh so smug and superior. I finally asked her once how she knew so-called "rich" people were all drowning in debt. Maybe they were financially secure enough to save AND spend on luxuries. It was just a fairy tale story she told herself to feel better.

by Anonymousreply 105November 28, 2019 3:19 AM

Don’t forget to Play:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 21, 2020 6:06 PM

Feels:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 21, 2020 6:07 PM

Importance of Friendship:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 21, 2020 6:10 PM

Why are the guys at R107 all wearing the same colored pants?

by Anonymousreply 109March 21, 2020 6:25 PM

Guys who live in West Hollywood have friend circles that are composed only of guys they've had sex with. So the selection of pretty boys occurs naturally.

by Anonymousreply 110March 21, 2020 6:26 PM

These guys are not attractive to me in the slightest. They look like effeminate, overgroomed bottoms, which are dime a dozen in LA.

I go for more regular, mainstream, or DL guys.

by Anonymousreply 111March 21, 2020 6:30 PM

R111 DL guys have caftans; you want that?

by Anonymousreply 112March 22, 2020 12:13 AM

In college I became friendly with one of these guys. We kept meeting his endless series of "friends" with whom he was very syrupy sweet when they were together.

Behind their back on the other hand....

Meanwhile, whenever he saw me talking with a guy he didn't think was worthy, he would come "rescue" me and tell the guy, "Can't you see he's only talking to you to be polite?" And drag me away.

It was kind of amusing in a WTF? kind of way at first but the friendship was very short-lived.

It seriously took him three hours to get ready to go out--even if it was just to the local gay bar. He was an attractive fit young guy but he had an insane level of insecurity and this vulnerability was endearing even though I wished he would realize he didn't have to fuss so much with his appearance. If an object wasn't featured in an upscale magazine or had a designer name attached, he would not consider buying it.

It was as if every choice he made was based on how that choice would be reacted to by others.

by Anonymousreply 113March 22, 2020 12:37 AM

^^^That sounds like a self-imposed hell.

by Anonymousreply 114March 22, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote]It seriously took him three hours to get ready to go out--even if it was just to the local gay bar.

How the fuck can you spend 3 hours getting ready???!!! Was his makeup that complicated to get correct?

by Anonymousreply 115March 22, 2020 12:43 AM

I knew a woman who took three hours to get ready to go out to work but she was a cancer victim, poor soul, then she died RIP.

by Anonymousreply 116March 22, 2020 1:00 AM

No thanks Id rather live in Columbus:)

by Anonymousreply 117March 22, 2020 1:15 AM

“Meanwhile, whenever he saw me talking with a guy he didn't think was worthy, he would come "rescue" me and tell the guy, "Can't you see he's only talking to you to be polite?" And drag me away.”

WTF what level of fucked up gay hell is this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 22, 2020 3:59 AM

R90 The takeaway is that Jenner's hot and has a big dick, so who cares how he treats women? The important thing is how many drinks or how much cash does it take to get him to fuck some ass?

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2020 5:04 AM

I gave up on the gay community a long time ago because it was very much like cliquey high school mean-girls, and I never "fit in" in High School (hated every minute of it), and never fit in with the "Gay Community". Both had the same feeling. Awful. I never felt welcomed or safe.

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2020 5:16 AM

All pretty young gays stick together & then they get older & are replaced by new pretty young gays. It’s happen since the beginning of time & will go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2020 5:21 AM

Hopefully there will be some personal and spiritual growth as a result of this pandemic. Or will they just vacation together and post group photos in designer hazmat suits?

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2020 5:58 AM

So much envy and bitterness in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2020 6:41 AM

[quote]Dismissive look followed by elevator eyes

It's upthread in a long ago post but does anyone know what "elevator eyes" is? It reminded me of a burn I received many years ago... I went into a bank ATM to deposit a check, realized I had forgotten to bring a pen. There were some people there, two gorgeous guys and a very pretty girl so I asked them "Does anyone have a pen?" The boys just stared at me, the girl gave me a very slow pan... eyes looking me down, eyes looking me up and said "No, we don't". Like how could a schlub like me even have the nerve to talk to them. And I betcha they [italic]did[/italic] have a pen too.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2020 6:45 AM

That’s elevator eyes. I learned that term in a sexual harassment training. It’s when hetero guys at work look at a woman anywhere except directly in the eye. It’s only really a problem with men she’s not interested in—or men who can’t help her career-wise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2020 7:20 AM

I really regret reminding the Bipolar Thread Copycat about Matthew Dempsey in the Aaron Schock thread.

Ever since, it's been spamming Datalounge non-stop with Dempsey's drivel and his own hypomania.

F&F AND STOP ENGAGING THIS TROLL OP. He's the same nutjob who spoiled the Call Me By Your Name threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2020 7:29 AM

Elevator eyes from stupid scene queens are usually a quick up and down look — followed by audible silence. It’s to imply that the person is not worth tbeir time or energy. It’s usually done by silly faggots who fancy themselves divas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2020 7:31 AM

OP, these people are ugly. They look like gremlins. The gray haired guy with the huge chin and squished face looks like he just crawled out from the Appalachian underbrush.

You need to get a better example.

Those people wouldn’t be allowed within 500 feet of the L.A. elites.

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2020 7:52 AM

Thank you for the explanation R125. So that is what she was doing to me R127. It's like she really needed me to register the fact that she felt I was beneath her. Pretty on the outside/ugly on the inside.

Oh come on R128 - that therapist guy is gorgeous. Great features. Someone was defending him and said he was really nice but I'm skeptical. To me he looks like he could be a mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2020 9:39 AM

What's happened to all these 'digital nomads' living the life working from anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2020 11:12 AM

[quote]Oh, that's just because he's really insecure,

Who are these guys? Babies? They sure aren't men.

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Throwback: Going Coconuts -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2020 12:41 AM

^ Oops sorry for reposting the same pic as OP.

Here’s another one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 29, 2020 12:44 AM

B&W:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 29, 2020 12:46 AM

Decent odds this thread is being bumped and fed by someone who knows these guys. Because as I had noted six months ago at R102, they are nothing special, just a bunch of overly primped femme bottoms who are way to old to be posting group photos of their Fabulous Single Life

by Anonymousreply 135March 29, 2020 1:00 AM

Wearing a hot pink tank top is an instant boner killer, it just screams 'bottom'.

by Anonymousreply 136March 29, 2020 1:07 AM

I don’t think people care so much about them, or that they a superficial and vapid. It’s just the way the world is.

But it’s hard to buy Dempsey and all his evolved human empathetic therapy-speak when his social media reflects a pretty contradictory reality—one of conscious or unconscious segregation where the members of his social group is solely selfies and groups of pretty and affluent white boys. Besides, if someone truly believed or embodied the things he says, hanging around these girls would get exhausting.

I think the therapy thing Is just a gig, but if you want to think that he’d be cool to you if you ran into him and didn’t look like the guys in his Instagram feed, I have some oceanfront property in AZ for sale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2020 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!