Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman in Texas killed by feral hogs

I cannot imagine a more horrible way to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 20, 2019 3:45 PM

I just read about this. Holy fuck it's straight out of a horror movie. They bit her to death. They fucking ate her to death.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 5:28 PM

I hate when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2019 5:29 PM

Now I feel less guilty eating bacon.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2019 5:31 PM

What was on her iPod?

"Rip Her to Shreds" -- Blondie

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2019 5:32 PM

mmmm sounds like a good meal, where's my fork and knife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2019 5:32 PM

You forgot to ask what was playing on her iPod?

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote]I cannot imagine a more horrible way to go.

I can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2019 5:36 PM

We hope the precious (not so) little citizens were not harmed!

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote] Woman in Texas killed by feral hogs

What was the Huckabee family doing in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2019 5:39 PM

Was she menstruating?

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2019 5:41 PM

Pigs are the only farm animal that will eat you, bones and all.

Something must have scared them off if there was that much left of her.

The scene in Hanibal isn't that far from true. Also the scene in the beginning of the Wizard of Oz with Dorothy falling into the pig pen.

Pigs may be smart but the're filthy and dangerous.

Take the word of a former 4H kid.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2019 5:41 PM

They wanted her to suffer in some unimaginable way. They’re rather twisted, you know, always have been.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2019 5:43 PM

*they're* oops.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2019 5:44 PM

Interesting how the article calls it a “crime scene”. Animals can’t commit crimes.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2019 5:56 PM

This is like something out of Flannery O’Connor.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2019 6:02 PM

[quote]Animals can’t commit crimes.

Hear! Hear!

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2019 6:10 PM

I feel better knowing those animals got something to eat. It's a shame they probably left hungry. When I think what animals must go through in the wild, it makes me cry. It's not like the world doesn't have enough old black ladies. It's the animals we must protect and love.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2019 6:12 PM

Maybe we can resurrect the pharmacist trampled to death and ask his opinion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2019 6:13 PM

How exactly do they kill? They descend upon prey as a group, like wolves?

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2019 6:49 PM

The article said they could tell it was a pack of them because the bite marks were different sizes. How's that for a visual R19?

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2019 6:53 PM

Imagine that moment you realise you're being rushed by a pack of feral hogs. And then the next moment after that when you realise there's absolutely nothing you can do about it because there's no way you could overpower them.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2019 6:57 PM

The article said that only six people have ever died in feral hog attacks in the US. This is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2019 7:02 PM

So they named hogs after Will Ferall?

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2019 7:15 PM

OP, having your organs harvested by the Chinese while you're still alive and awake might be worse.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2019 7:17 PM

“I don’t wanna get eaten alive!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2019 7:19 PM

I think I'd rather be eaten by a shark.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2019 7:25 PM

Can you imagine being attacked by this beast. It's a wild hogzilla this kid shot in Alabama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2019 7:28 PM

That’s the Chrissy Metz of hogs at R27.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2019 7:30 PM

R27, that has to be a fake or doctored photo? And even if it's real, I don't think that tiny gun could fell such a beast..

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]I cannot imagine a more horrible way to go.

Maybe that Russian woman who was on the phone crying to her mother as a bear was eating her alive.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2019 7:33 PM

C’mon. She was walking along loudly eating a bag of Pork Rinds. We were taunted.

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2019 7:38 PM

Where did these pigs come from? Did they escape from pig farms?

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2019 7:40 PM

The hogs are a big problem. I seem to remember that they were issuing licenses to hunt them from helicopters.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2019 7:46 PM

Do they get hit by cars a lot? Or are they smart enough to stay away from the road?

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2019 7:56 PM

“How exactly do they kill? They descend upon prey as a group”

Yes, Rose, like Hell’s Angels on their hogs.

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2019 7:57 PM

R35, did they look like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2019 8:11 PM

This is clearly NOT a dollface thread. It's anti-dollface.

by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2019 8:13 PM

In France they make them into sausages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote] that has to be a fake or doctored photo?

Nope, real. I remember seeing it in the news when that hog was killed. The thing weighed lbs.. Killed by an 11 year old boy.

Sorry for the Fox link, but it's the one I found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2019 8:15 PM

But, but... I thought all pigs were cute and cuddly like Babe!

by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2019 8:19 PM

Old Irish saying: never make an enemy of a man who keeps pigs.

by Anonymousreply 41November 26, 2019 8:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 26, 2019 8:23 PM

Can we cancel the impeachment? I have a better idea...

by Anonymousreply 43November 26, 2019 8:27 PM

Why exactly can't the damn pack of feral hogs be hunted down and wiped out? With all the powerful weapons available it seems to me that a concerted effort to do that could get rid of them without a lot of trouble. So why isn't more being done about this?

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2019 8:28 PM

watch the video I linked R44

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2019 8:30 PM

Are they good eating? Why can't they be hunted? Too many hunting accidents?

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote] The thing weighed lbs

More than one pound?

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]The article said that only six people have ever died in feral hog attacks in the US.

Well, someone's getting eggroll!

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2019 8:58 PM

R36, I think they looked like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2019 9:02 PM

People shoot and eat them all the time. The first time I visited my mother after she moved to central Florida, my sister and I turned the corner onto her block and saw about 20 vultures fly into the air. Then theywent back to what they were doing - eating a pig carcass. The hunters kill the pigs, butcher them and throw away the carcass (skin, rib cage, etc). The vultures eat what’s left. By the time I drove by there on the way to the airport to fly home there was nothing left,

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2019 9:10 PM

And here I thought we had scary wild animals in California...

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2019 9:11 PM

We have the countless homeless in California.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2019 9:12 PM

America is a dangerous place in more ways than one.

As far as I know there's not a single animal that can kill you in England.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2019 9:14 PM

There was also a tortoise that would go into that corner of woods to dine on some pig. I’m pretty sure it was the same tortoise that would go to my aunt’s house on the same block and eat her dog’s poop from the backyard.

Nature’s quicker-picker-uppers.

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2019 9:15 PM

Why don’t they shoot all of those nasty feral pigs if they’re that dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 55November 26, 2019 9:17 PM

We're damn sure trying!

by Anonymousreply 56November 26, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]Why don’t they shoot all of those nasty feral pigs if they’re that dangerous?

Because there are MILLIONS of them.

by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2019 9:19 PM

R57 The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step!

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Really, millions of wild hogs? Where did they originate from? Escaped from a pig farm? This is the first time I've heard of wild hogs although I live in California where the only thing roaming wild are people....

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote][R57] The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step! —Start shooting!

If you bothered to WATCH the video I linked these questions are all answered.

People DO shoot them. But it barely dents the population.

They are NOT native to America, they were imported for food.

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2019 9:24 PM

The ecological system is in far more fairer from other introduced pests like Burmese pythons, snakeheads, nutria, tegus.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2019 9:26 PM

Far more danger, nor fairer

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2019 9:26 PM

That big giant motherfucker was a feral hog and domestic pig hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2019 9:27 PM

R60 I’m not retired like you gramps, so I can’t always watch videos at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]The ecological system is in far more fairer from other introduced pests like Burmese pythons

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote][R60] I’m not retired like you gramps, so I can’t always watch videos at the drop of a hat.

But have a super-busy life posting on DL. Oh, to be young and gay today!

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] Why don’t they shoot all of those nasty feral pigs if they’re that dangerous?

That's not a very nice way to talk about Texans.

by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2019 9:31 PM

Feral hogs? Learn something new every day.

by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Im in north florida and we had an invasion of them a few years ago. They tore my 2 acre yard to shreds and my neighbors yards as well. Between all of us we killed 15,and there were many more than that. Ive lived in rural and semi rural places quite a bit of my life and Ive never seen anything like that. Once a pigs nuts drop the meat is inedible .Least thats what the old folks always said.

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2019 9:38 PM

Early Spanish explorers probably were the first to introduce hogs in Texas over 300 years ago. As colonization increased, hog numbers subsequently increased. They provided an important source of cured meat and lard for settlers.

During the fight for Texas independence as people fled for safety into the United States or Mexico, many hogs escaped or were released. It was not until the mid 1800s when hostilities between the United States and Mexico ended that settlers once again began bringing livestock back into Texas. The livestock included hogs that ranged freely. Many escaped, contributing to the feral population.

In the 1930s, European wild hogs, "Russian boars," were first imported and introduced into Texas by ranchers and sportsmen for sport hunting. Most of these eventually escaped from game ranches and began free ranging and breeding with feral hogs. Because of this crossbreeding, there are very few, if any, true European hogs remaining in Texas.

Feral hogs are unprotected, exotic, non-game animals. Therefore, they may be taken by any means or methods at any time of year. There are no seasons or bag limits, however a hunting license and landowner permission are required to hunt them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2019 9:39 PM

[quote]Why exactly can't the damn pack of feral hogs be hunted down and wiped out?

they're much more evasive than school kids. too much effort, lot easier just to drive the pickup to the local school and pop a few

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2019 9:41 PM

Thank you for your information, feral hog expert.

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2019 9:41 PM

There are 1.5 million feral hogs in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2019 9:42 PM

Just to clarify - these feral hogs aren't boars? Do you have wild boars in America?

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2019 9:42 PM

Porcine peril - Italian city of Genoa permits shooting of wild boar as they become ever bolder

I see now they're a nuisance everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 26, 2019 9:44 PM

fascinating videos on Youtube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 26, 2019 9:45 PM

Smack smack

Cordell....

by Anonymousreply 77November 26, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]Porcine Peril

That's the title of my autobiography sorted, then.

by Anonymousreply 78November 26, 2019 9:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2019 9:48 PM

Wild boar makes for a delicious ragu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2019 9:53 PM

R74, domesticated swine when feral revert to forms (crazy, I know) resembling their pre-domestication size, habits and defensive viciousness.

They are not "wild boars." Some are boars, of course, by being male. But they are "feral hogs" here in the USA.

The terminology is used interchangeably. But something that is "wild" is not something that is "feral," generally. The former concerns species representatives that have never been domesticated. The latter concerns descendants of formerly domesticated stock that has gone native.

The difference is important, because the social behavior, as well as the genetic makeup, of feral hogs is not the same as the close-knit, organized structures of wild boars (the term is used for both males and females). A sounder of feral hogs usually holds a couple of sows and their young and their relationships with boars are not consistent in the group. A sounder of wild hogs, or wild boars, or wild swine (whatever you prefer to call them) includes a dominant boar who takes the lead in defenses and a group of sows who protect the young.

All swine sows are aggressively defensive of their piglets, and even though they will flop down and smash them to death and ignore their squealing under them, if anything else comes around and a piglet squeals, they become very fierce and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2019 9:59 PM

R74, domesticated swine when feral revert to forms (crazy, I know) resembling their pre-domestication size, habits and defensive viciousness.

They are not "wild boars." Some are boars, of course, by being male. But they are "feral hogs" here in the USA.

The terminology is used interchangeably. But something that is "wild" is not something that is "feral," generally. The former concerns species representatives that have never been domesticated. The latter concerns descendants of formerly domesticated stock that has gone native.

The difference is important, because the social behavior, as well as the genetic makeup, of feral hogs is not the same as the close-knit, organized structures of wild boars (the term is used for both males and females). A sounder of feral hogs usually holds a couple of sows and their young and their relationships with boars are not consistent in the group. A sounder of wild hogs, or wild boars, or wild swine (whatever you prefer to call them) includes a dominant boar who takes the lead in defenses and a group of sows who protect the young.

All swine sows are aggressively defensive of their piglets, and even though they will flop down and smash them to death and ignore their squealing under them, if anything else comes around and a piglet squeals, they become very fierce and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2019 9:59 PM

And don't fuck with the cows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2019 10:03 PM

Chrissy Metz's publicists have issued a statement that Chrissy was nowhere near Texas at the time this incident occurred.

We have yet to hear from James Corden' s camp.

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2019 10:19 PM

Team hog!

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2019 10:24 PM

I always thought of this as a Hill Country problem rather than an Anahuac problem. Then again, I hardly ever think about Anahuac.

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2019 10:30 PM

She died from a couple piglet nibbles? What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 87November 26, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote] More than one pound?

Sorry, it weighed over 1000 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 88November 26, 2019 10:44 PM

SHE WAS DEVOURED!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 26, 2019 10:53 PM

Texas has a huge problem with feral hogs. Packs of them will descend on suburban yards, tear down fences and destroy landscaping and grass. They are active at night and are very agressive. I've heard hunters talk about them felling the beasts mere yards aways and charging towards them. They will chase you down. This woman arrived at dusk and probably innocently came upon them startling them so they charged.

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2019 10:57 PM

In the trapping videos I posted they seem skittish, smart, and very strong. Nasty. Why not hire professionals and hunt their numbers way way down. I guess USA does not have the will for public works.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2019 11:17 PM

R91 I don’t get it either. Considering ‘Merica loves it’s guns, it could actually make the gun freaks useful for once in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote] I don’t get it either. Considering ‘Merica loves it’s guns, it could actually make the gun freaks useful for once in their lives.

For God's sake, this is exactly what they do do. Gun freaks come from all over America and shoot them from helicopters.

If you WATCH the video I posted all these questions are answered.

by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2019 11:28 PM

How did there get to be "millions" of them? How can a problem like that, FERAL HOGS for God's sake, be so ignored that it gets to that point? I think this woman's death should be a wake up call; the feral hogs have GOT TO GO. This is a problem that needs to be addressed and soon. Do more people have to die for something to be done about it?

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2019 11:59 PM

r94 Christ on a stick, if you'd only WATCH the video posted by r93, all of that is revealed. This is getting quite ridiculous now. 😅

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote]It was not until the mid 1800s when hostilities between the United States and Mexico ended that settlers once again began bringing livestock back into Texas. The livestock included hogs that ranged freely.

I didn’t know they can live that long. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2019 12:09 AM

R95, so is that why they need AK-47s?

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2019 12:17 AM

R93 are you new here? Most eldergays do not do back-up reading or watching on provided links. Pulease!

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2019 12:22 AM

Yeah but R93 did. Just watch the damn video about helicopter hunting them in Texas. And Texas Game & Wildlife says the young ones are delicious to eat and the meat is leaner.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2019 12:26 AM

My friend was on I-95 in Central Florida and had one run right in front of her SUV at night and totaled it.

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2019 12:36 AM

Wild hogs are far more agile and much stronger than farm hogs. They have longer legs and their bodies are basically nothing but muscle. They're mean and dangerous because they have to fend for themselves for food. Farmer Joe isn't showing up 3 times a day with a bucket of slop for them. They'll eat anything and a group of them can literally destroy acres of foliage in a few days so they end up having to start killing other animals for nourishment.

They also breed like rabbits. For every one someone kills 50 are born and since there are 5 million of the things in the US and upwards of 2 million in the southeast and 1.5 million in Texas. Having open season for the beasts isn't going to do a lot of damage to their numbers.

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2019 1:00 AM

R92, just tell the redneck locals that the hogs are all muslims, and ISIS sympathizers. 90% of the hogs will be dead within a week.

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2019 1:24 AM

That is the best picture of Melania since she became First Lady! Stunning!

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2019 1:28 AM

[quote]My friend was on I-95 in Central Florida

I-95 doesn't run through Central Florida, but up the eastern mainland.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2019 1:40 AM

Well it seems like a source of food so II don't see why we don't get to shooting! Do people not want to eat them? Sanglier is accepted meat in France and Switzerland. But yeah, usually a ragout.

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2019 1:41 AM

Just DIE already! Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2019 1:46 AM

Ironically, her last meal was chicharrones and carnitas.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2019 1:48 AM

It's sad that people have stopped hunting. Our ecosystem is getting all fucked up because we were meant to be apex predators of the wild environment, not Costco.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2019 1:48 AM

It seems like the alligators could eat the hogs. Why are the alligators so fucking lazy? Or do we need more of them?

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2019 1:54 AM

R108, my sister goes hunting for food and discounts at Costco. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2019 1:56 AM

I find it amusing that we had one post here calling the poster of the video “gramps” because they didn’t have time to watch the video and another one complaining that the “elder gays” don’t bother to watch posted videos.

Now I know the three posts were probably posted by at most two participants. But age shade sure does get the blood boiling round here something fierce.

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote} OP: I cannot imagine a more horrible way to go.

It's much like venturing into any of the Broadway threads here at Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2019 2:00 AM

I watched the goddamn video. And all it says is that the hogs are being hunted (shot, trapped, etc.) but that there are still millions of them. Well, I suppose getting every last one would be next to impossible but it's obvious that not enough is being done about the problem. A lot more needs to be done stem the population, which it would seem, is ever increasing.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2019 2:03 AM

Payback for eating all that bacon at IHOP.

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2019 2:08 AM

Give every man a rifle and promise them $100 a pig and watch how fast those pigs pile up . Then again,we are battling against (and losing) anocandas in florida,so who am I to judge ?

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2019 2:10 AM

The part of the video I thought was creepiest was seeing so many crammed into small cages all climbing on top of each other. It looked evil.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2019 2:10 AM

Why not train the Mexican immigrants as trappers and hunters and let them market the meat. Maybe they could come up with some good recipes and open a special chain of BBQ restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2019 2:11 AM

In Texas, we eat BEEF barbeque. Not pork.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2019 2:14 AM

That kid is going to look just like that hog after he eats the 700 lbs of sausage he plans to make from it.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2019 2:35 AM

Is this about feral hogs or Deplorables, its so hard to tell them apart.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2019 2:36 AM

This happened in a part of the country where “fish-cleaning station” is a real-estate selling point.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2019 2:40 AM

I’m a little scared

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2019 2:40 AM

[quote]I-95 doesn't run through Central Florida, but up the eastern mainland.

Oh, OK

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote]we were meant to be apex predators of the wild environment, not Costco.

Well, we'll just see on Friday who gets that last $700 Vizio 70-inch 4K LED LCD TV, won't we?

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2019 2:42 AM

What about the hog in the White House? He gets a free pass?

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2019 2:43 AM

R15. I love Flannery O'Connor. Revelation and A Good Man is Hard to Find. My undergraduate Critical analysis English class studied her work.

Wouldn't it be crazy if that woman's name was Mrs. Turpin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Where was Chrissy Metz when this occurred..just say in..

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2019 2:45 AM

r105 Ain't nobody got the time to chew on all that muscle. 🤢

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2019 2:47 AM

Armadillos are a problem in the south, but they don’t eat people.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2019 3:05 AM

One more reason to never visit Florida and Texas.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2019 3:06 AM

Funniest thread title. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2019 3:08 AM

Hopefully that fatty in r27 photo will end up the same way as the innocent creature he murdered.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2019 3:55 AM

Here ya go.

From the film EVILSPEAK, a male-ish version of Carrie with Clint Howard, Ron's brother. You also get a glimpse of Heywood Nelson's (Dwayne from What's Happening?" nice bubble butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote]Pigs are the only farm animal that will eat you, bones and all.

I know, right?

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2019 4:35 AM

Not necessarily, r29. When I grew up in the 70s, we went to "pig roasts," where the main coarse was a wild boar that wasn't much smaller than that thing.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2019 6:10 AM

[quote]You also get a glimpse of Heywood Nelson's (Dwayne from What's Happening?" nice bubble butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2019 6:28 AM

If you want a good history on wild hogs, Freakonomics did a podcast a month back or so.

The Spanish brought them as a food source. They multiply rapidly. Shooting them/placing a bounty has encouraged some to breed and release them.

by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2019 6:35 AM

I could go for some bacon right now.

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2019 8:28 AM

Th7at was the first thing I was told about farm animals, " Stay away from the hogs."

by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2019 9:49 AM

[quote]I could go for some bacon right now.

This thread could put me off for life.

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2019 10:03 AM

[quote] Wild boar makes for a delicious ragu.

What about human-fed wild boar? Does that make a more delicious ragu?

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2019 10:09 AM

[quote]Well, I suppose getting every last one would be next to impossible but it's obvious that not enough is being done about the problem. A lot more needs to be done stem the population, which it would seem, is ever increasing.

I agree with everyone about killing them all. Just like the feral cat population in Australia. They shoot hundreds a night with bows and arrows and they don’t even make a dent. Kill them all! 🐱🐷🐈

by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2019 10:22 AM

They can't poison them or they'll end up poisoning the good guys as well.

It's a tough call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2019 10:28 AM

And what makes pigs the bad guys?

by Anonymousreply 144November 27, 2019 10:31 AM

[quote] I-95 doesn't run through Central Florida, but up the eastern mainland.

Central Florida doesn't refer just to the inland center of the state. It is the central 3rd of the state from coast to coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 27, 2019 10:52 AM

[quote] In France they make them into sausages.

Mon dieu, ze ones wheech have jhust eaten human flesh, zhey are SUPERB!

by Anonymousreply 146November 27, 2019 11:09 AM

Word is they raped her first..

by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2019 11:46 AM

deplorable prosciutto

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2019 12:20 PM

R104 the region is called Central Florida and I-95 certainly does run through it, I lived there for 30 years. This specifically happened in Melbourne, a little north of Palm Bay in Brevard County.

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2019 12:38 PM

Also meant to say you are an insufferable know-it-all asshole R104.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2019 12:40 PM

Lastly for R104.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2019 12:42 PM

[quote]where the main coarse was a wild boar

Oh Dear! how uncivilized

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2019 2:04 PM

R151 I was going to say we did that already R151, at R145. But R104 deserved to have his know-nothing know-it-allness pointed out twice.

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2019 2:10 PM

A metaphor for why I left my last job.

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2019 2:13 PM

I can't stop following this thread.

It HAS NOT been a pleasurable experience.

But who am I to complain?...that POOR woman!

by Anonymousreply 155November 27, 2019 4:44 PM

It's happening all over the globe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 27, 2019 4:51 PM

I heard they went really HOG wild on her. It's a shame because this lady's co-workers all agree, she was a real HAM who lifted everybody's spirits.

by Anonymousreply 157November 27, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]Erna

Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 158November 27, 2019 6:04 PM

Oh, dearing myself for use of "coarse" where it should have read "course."

As I mentioned before, parts of Ohio have plenty of bigass hogs/boars/whichever running through the woods. I tasted my first beer, courtesy of my Uncle Bill, at a pig roast. It was odd that our dad took us to it, because he was against hunting. Perhaps he made an exception because deer rarely go out of their way to attack people, unlike hogs.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2019 6:12 PM

If we run out of meat, we will have plenty of wild pig.

by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote] he made an exception because deer rarely go out of their way to attack people,

sort of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2019 11:07 PM

So these are different from the cute, pink, farm pigs, or are they farm pigs that became wild?

by Anonymousreply 162November 27, 2019 11:14 PM

No, I think they're distant cousins to the pink pigs we all love.

by Anonymousreply 163November 27, 2019 11:43 PM

Pigs, wild pigs, and feral hogs are descendants of a common ancestor - the Eurasian wild boar. Feral hogs are those that originated from domestic breeds but may be the result of a few or many, many generations in the wild. Eurasians and domestics gone feral are largely the same species and therefore will interbreed with no problems resulting in all sorts of “hybrids” between the 2 groups.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2019 1:57 AM

As adjectives the difference between middle and central is that middle is located in the middle; in between while central is being in the center.

Ergo, Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, Kissimmee are in Central Florida while Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater, Daytona, (and the other beach cities) are mid-coastal. between North and South Florida. In fact, there is a bank chain called Mid-Florida.

Suck on that Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 165November 28, 2019 2:44 AM

I've literally never had any interest in hunting in my life. But reading about these boars legit makes me want to go out and hunt some.

Poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 166November 28, 2019 11:37 AM

Wild boar in China comes out of nowhere and opens can of whoopass on villagers in completely unprovoked attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 28, 2019 11:40 AM

^That womn was dumb as fuck. Why repeatedly run out on the icy road in front of an enraged animal, then stand there on your phone while it's still around?

by Anonymousreply 168November 28, 2019 7:15 PM

The guy in the vid who was knocked down first was elderly and later died. The woman on the phone was his daughter-in-law. The police ended up having to snipe the pig from afar.

by Anonymousreply 169November 28, 2019 7:35 PM

take action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 28, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote] Wild boar in China comes out of nowhere and opens can of whoopass on villagers in completely unprovoked attack

Sorry, you're wrong about that. I had my reasons.

by Anonymousreply 171November 28, 2019 7:53 PM

^^^^^ Reason #1: Sweet

Reason #2: Sour

Don't even get me started on the fried rice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 29, 2019 9:40 PM

Damn. What a way to go. Sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 19, 2019 8:27 PM

Nice to see humans getting what they give.

by Anonymousreply 174December 19, 2019 8:28 PM

What a freakish thing to happen. Sounds like something right out of a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 175December 19, 2019 8:32 PM

Storms and flooding have contributed to the problem. Farmers cannot take livestock with them when they flee rising water. Hogs, cattle, poultry and horses may be freed so they have a chance to fend for themselves. Horses and cattle are likely to be recovered, but hogs and dogs may end up feral.

by Anonymousreply 176December 19, 2019 8:46 PM

Good for the animals.

by Anonymousreply 177December 20, 2019 3:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!