Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL SUPER-FAVE 🎆Tom Hiddleston 🌅interviewed at the 92 St Y.

Just posted 📪on YT.

Talking about his B'way 🎭debut in a Harold Pinter play.

Thought there might be some 👨‍👨‍👧fangays and gurls 👨‍👨‍👧who'd want to see this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2020 12:05 AM

You deserve one bitchslap for each emoji that you used.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 2:05 PM

WTF is that interviewer fucking wearing?

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote]You deserve one bitchslap for each emoji that you used.

LOL...I only just discovered them. I knew they existed, but I hadn't worked out how to get them.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2019 2:07 PM

r2 Clicked just to see that. Yeah, a bit inappropriate for the setting.

r3 They are fun, aren't they? Best used sparingly, though. 😇

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2019 2:10 PM

They're a novelty to me and they're cute (& somewhat kitsch)...somehow I thought there'd be a post a la R1, but not so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2019 2:13 PM

It's all in jest. No one is going to slap you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2019 2:16 PM

So they've given a black girl a part in this very white play. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote]It's all in jest. No one is going to slap you, OP

Thank God. I'll give this play a miss. The cast does not look at all impressive.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2019 8:09 PM

No one going to comment on Tom? He starts talking right away.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2019 2:53 AM

This cunt? No thanks. x

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2019 2:58 AM

I prefer a shorter hairstyle on him. Maybe he grew it out for the play.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2019 6:48 AM

Yes, I did go rather overboard with the emojis, I can see that now.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2019 7:00 AM

I like Charlie Cox, but I can't with Hiddleston. He needs to cut that damn mane, rebrand, and then do a good indie or two.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2019 10:34 AM

I don't know who he is and I'm a long time DLer! Don't care enough to click OP's link! I'm great!

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2019 10:37 AM

[quote]I don't know who he is and I'm a long time DLer!

He was a real fave. I think his numbers have dropped.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2019 11:57 AM

Here's another recent interview.

(I feel like I'm talking to myself - you gurls is FICKLE!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2019 12:06 PM

R13 - You mean like "I Saw the Light" and "Only Lovers Left Alive"?

Serious theatre IS his rebrand - he did Hamlet at RADA, and then two successful runs at Pinter in the West End and on Broadway. His next serious gig is in a James Ivor adaptation of Richard II.

The last two "big" films he was in were the two of the last three Marvel films, and KONG. Around that lighter fare, he did "Night Manager" and the very disburbing "High Rise" for television.

It's a varied menu of work What is it you want him to stop doing?

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2019 12:30 AM

I want him to stop doing theatre and focus on indies.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2019 12:32 AM

R17 - James Ivory

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2019 12:32 AM

R18 - Why? He's a natural theatre animal. He was trained for theatre. I saw "Betrayal" - he belonged on that stage and in fact was the only memorable thing on it (I hated the production). He's done Prince Hal, Henry V, Coriolanus, Cassio, Hamlet . . . why on earth shouldn't he be doing stage as well as film? Lots of stage actors despise film - they don't consider a series of "takes" a real performance.

He's a trained stage actor. In my opinion, he's done too much shite film and not enough good theatre. Serious theatre after the Swift debacle (THAT was his worst performance ever) was the smart move.

There are plenty of shite indies out there, too, you know. What was the dire "Crimson Peak" but a shite indie dressed up as "Rebecca"?

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2019 12:41 AM

It's just my personal preference as I don't like theatre. However, I do enjoy Hiddleston as an actor and so would like to see him in good movies. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2019 12:49 AM

Well, I don't disagree with that - his film choices haven't gone well, although I really liked OLLA and ISTL, and thought his work good in those - better than good in ISTL which I think took guts. But I do like theatre and I think he made a mistake trying to become s cinema leading man - to me, he looks born for theatre. It's odd he never goes for the kinds of roles Albert Finney took on after he got past his "Tom Jones" sex symbol. Different as they are in background, I think they have something in common: too goodlooking to be slotted automatically as character actors, but too quirky to fill out a full leading man CV. That's why I think theatre a better bet for Hiddleston. It's probably where he is happier. People tend to do their best work in their natural metier.

I personally am curious to see what he will do with Richard II, which is a formidable part with internal monologues and can be upstaged by a first-rate Bolingbroke - and, in recent years up against memory of a universally acclaimed performance of same for television by Ben Whishaw, in the same series in which HIddleston appeared as Prince Hal in Henry IV (a very good turn, indeed) and then as Henry V (a less good turn, in my view, in line with a less than stellar production thanks to a director obsessed with making it "accessible" rather than memorable).

Theatre tests an actor's gifts far more than film, in my view. That's why so many are hot to prove they can do it.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2019 1:27 PM

There is no money in theatre. Especially if you want to live in London or NYC. Movies are where it's at because of the paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2019 5:02 PM

Hiddleston comes from money so he can do theatre for the rest of his life. R23

by Anonymousreply 24December 20, 2019 7:39 PM

Oh my, he's as attractive as Timothy Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 25December 20, 2019 8:51 PM

R24 is correct - Hiddleston can take time off from low intellect money-makers for indies and theatre. He owns a home he bought outright with his first Loki earnings in Belsize Park, one of London's plummiest areas. It's near Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath. It's also very arty now, home to quite a few thespians, including (I believe, but don't quote me) Jude Law, Sean Bean, and the clinically disturbed Helena Bonham Carter.

by Anonymousreply 26December 20, 2019 10:27 PM

Owen Wilson is joining Tom Hiddleston in the Marvel and Disney+ series 'Loki.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2020 7:58 PM

WTF happened to Wilson's nose?

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2020 8:15 PM

I always thought that Tom and Owen were great together in Midnight in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2020 8:39 PM

I love it when the elderly learn how to use technology, it's like watching a clown at the circus. You can always tell who's geriatric on the DL by their emoji usage.

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2020 8:54 PM

Has he come out yet? Let me know when he does, we can send him a bouquet.

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2020 9:14 PM

I will never come out R31.

by Anonymousreply 32February 2, 2020 9:41 PM

Preparing for the Disney+ series 'Loki'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]I love it when the elderly learn how to use technology, it's like watching a clown at the circus. You can always tell who's geriatric on the DL by their emoji usage.

You should see their phones...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 2, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]I love it when the elderly learn how to use technology, it's like watching a clown at the circus. You can always tell who's geriatric on the DL by their emoji usage.

Oh...that comment is directed at me!

I was being a klutz on purpose you idiot.

Being "young" makes you feel so superior? I guess it's all you've got and not for long gurlfriend...then what will you do?

by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2020 1:04 AM

R35 When it's my time I'll walk into the forest and never come back out again. Or at the least I'll avoid emojis.

by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2020 1:35 AM

Falcon and Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki - Official Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2020 8:22 PM

The first time I saw Tom Hiddleston was in the sitcom Suburban Shootout. His love interest was Ruth Wilson, whose fugly face actually worked for the character she was playing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2020 8:41 PM

OK, look at those bits of Suburban Shootout and tell me you don't see Timothee Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2020 7:16 PM

R39 I don't see Timothee Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2020 1:01 AM

How can he be a DL super-fave if this thread is 3 months old and only has 40 posts?

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2020 2:15 AM

Wasn't this the Taylor Swift beard in the tank top ? Good times...

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2020 4:01 AM

Christ, he's starting to melt. Brits don't age well, do they?

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2020 4:06 AM

Tom Hiddleston to Lead Netflix Political Thriller ‘White Stork’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2020 4:44 AM

A Happy Belated Birthday to Tom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2020 4:59 AM

R40 - Well, take off your blindfold.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2020 12:09 PM

Tom hasn't been a DL fave since at least 2016 OP.

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2020 12:33 PM

As I can see, R47.

47 posts in 3 months doth not a DL fave make.

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2020 1:18 PM

He should be a DL fave again though, even if the bitches her inexplicably hate him. He's still pretty, dumb, closeted, and the owner of an arse that won't quit.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2020 1:23 PM

*crickets*

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2020 3:22 PM

You gurls is fickle!

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2020 4:04 PM

Hiddleston with his long time male companion, Laurence Spellman, in 2006

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2020 5:37 AM

Tom and his "male companion"? Now that's a thread I can get behind!

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2020 5:47 AM

that wild wig he wears screams DESPERATION

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 2:06 PM

R49 - And by all reports, not just an arse that won't quit.

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2020 2:10 PM

R54 - That's his real hair. If you google early photos of him, you'll see that that's what he's been losing, his mop of reddish-blond curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2020 2:20 PM

Indeed, word is his fukhole is insatiable at the late hours....

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2020 2:48 PM

Any new gossip?

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2020 8:48 PM

Nothing new. He learned his lesson with the tank top. If he's in a relationship with someone, it's well hidden.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 9:35 PM

Richard E. Grant has been cast in the Disney+ ‘LOKI’ series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2020 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!