Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where is Faye Dunaway Hiding?

She hasn’t been spotted since getting fired and sued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2020 8:52 AM

She is working for Chrissy Metz

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 8:12 AM

I thought right after the Boston debacle, her publicist (or agent) said she was unavailable for comment, as she was in Europe.

(I’m picturing her in a gypsy caravan)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2019 8:21 AM

We Roooube Banks!

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2019 8:24 AM

Faye has dunaway with herself

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2019 8:25 AM

She's hanging out with her little homosexual boy friends regaling them with snippets from her career. Until that is one asks about Mommie Dearest and she has a psychotic break and throws salad at them.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2019 8:28 AM

Follow the son - -

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2019 3:16 PM

OP's photo is tragic. I don't care about her loss of beauty and prestige. But Faye does. She looks tortured. Like death would be such a relief.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2019 3:21 PM

Does anyone really care?

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]OP's photo is tragic. I don't care about her loss of beauty and prestige. But Faye does. She looks tortured. Like death would be such a relief.

I actually don't think she looks bad there at all. She looks much, much better than in some other photos. Those crowns or veneers of hers have their own zip code.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2019 3:23 PM

Yeah, that picture’s fine. It’s just not the best lighting.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Except that she doesn't look like Fay Dunaway-

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2019 5:06 PM

She looks like a recipient of extensive skin grafts.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2019 7:09 PM

She's hiding with Lindsey Graham's spine.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2019 7:16 PM

She is still Looking for Gatsby.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2019 7:21 PM

We all know she can’t afford a plane ticket to Europe let alone a Greyhound bus. She’s living on the street in North Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2019 9:47 PM

She is off getting her toe nails Dremel'd.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2019 10:01 PM

Sad : ( It must kill her to see pics of her when she was young.

Or even young-ish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2019 4:35 AM

With Ghislaine Maxwell

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2019 1:06 PM

A coworker of mine's dad went to high school with her in Germany (where Dunaway's dad was serving in the military.) He said she was a bitch even then.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2019 2:09 PM

[quote] She's hanging out with her little homosexual boy friends regaling them with snippets from her career. Until that is one asks about Mommie Dearest and she has a psychotic break and throws salad at them.

Ask her what she thought of working with Glenn Shadix and Rupert Everett in [italic]Dunston Checks In[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2019 9:28 PM

OP, spill the details. I have not heard she was sued and fired. Care to share?

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2019 9:35 PM

Being the wife/mother in [italic]The Champ[/italic] was a harder acting challenge because it required her not to be a bitch and to actually be a good mother.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2019 9:38 PM

Why, she was delightful r20...…..

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2019 9:40 PM

She taught me how to throw a few punches.

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2019 9:41 PM

Faye playing herself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 9:44 PM

R21...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2019 9:45 PM

wouldn't her life be much easier if she just took the lithium?

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2019 10:31 PM

She’ll be dead in a rat infested apartment and won’t be found for months. No one cares about her.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2019 11:22 PM

R28 I care, cunt.

Hopefully you will die in a roach infested apartment and your pet will have eaten most of you before any finds you stinkin' ass.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2019 4:48 AM

"It's difficult for me."

-Evelyn Mulwray

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2019 5:16 AM

FAYEWATCH CONTINUES:

Is her son shielding her from prying eyes?

Has she thrown herself on the mercy of Fonda, Christie, Burstyn or Bergen, and crawled in a back room window? If she has, I hope she has announced herself, and isn’t creeping up from the basement each midnight to sneak a little caviar.

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2020 3:57 PM

lmao

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2020 6:11 PM

I really wish she would have made it to Broadway, she would have got a Tony and finished her Triple Crown!

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2020 6:22 PM

Well, this is what happens when one goes off their meds.

It’s all fun and games till the wigmaker gets slapped - -

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2020 6:32 PM

Tho if she died right now (hailing a bus at midnight or something) she’d ensure a biopic.

Jessica Chastain?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2020 6:40 PM

She's hiding in . . . La La Land.

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2020 6:43 PM

Jessica Chastain isn't beautiful enough

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2020 6:48 PM

Then Hillary Duff? (THAT announcement would smoke her out!)

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2020 6:53 PM

She's in the alley on the other side of Santa Monica Blvd. and Larrabee, beeping her horn to have her videos brought out. She doesn't realize that Video West closed a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2020 7:01 PM

R39 please tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2020 7:10 PM

R39 Here. I actually didn't have an issue with her because I actually knew about old films and could help her with particular types of themes she was looking for in regards to a part that she'd be playing. I mentioned that I really liked her in the mini-series "Ellis Island" because her fictional character did seem like a dramatic Broadway star of the early 20th Century, and she seemed genuinely flattered by my mentioning something obscure and said she was thrilled to work with Richard Burton and had a lot of fun making it. I recalled her saying in her Golden Globe speech for "Ellis Island" that she was happy to be doing something a bit more lighthearted for a change, and it was obvious that she was referring to her work in "Mommie Dearest". Other clerks in the store had issues with her, and we jokingly created the "Her Faye-Ness" nickname. It wasn't until about a year after she started coming in that the whole "drive up" action started, and I was getting ready to move on. I took her videos out to her once and she obviously didn't recognize me. I feel sorry for her, but I'm relieved that I didn't become the victim of her "poor little gay boy" attack.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2020 7:22 PM

R41 thank you for posting! Do you remember which roles she was researching? Amazing that you got to make some kind of connection with her and give her a compliment. What made you feel sorry for her?

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2020 9:11 PM

In Mordor...where the shadows lie.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2020 10:17 PM

Wtf happened to her nose in OP’s pic???

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2020 10:20 PM

I know her nose is ghastly looking.

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2020 10:22 PM

She's practicing for the long-awaited stage version of "The Disappearance of Aimee."

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2020 10:38 PM

Should we start a GoFundMe page, to hire a detective?

Or maybe to get her some lithium?

Dr. Phil could intervene, like he so thoughtfully did with Shelley Duvall!

by Anonymousreply 47January 28, 2020 1:34 AM

She had a nice nose originally, so don't know why she thought she needed a nose job in the first place (and some other tweaks to it, perhaps attempted corrective work). It (and some of the other bad work she had done) made her look simian.

It's hard to believe she was stunningly beautiful woman in Bonnie and Clyde.

by Anonymousreply 48January 28, 2020 1:50 AM

She's nearly 80, what should she be doing? Hopefully just chilling out in her old age.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2020 1:57 AM

Perhaps the teeth makes her nose looked fucked. They push out and down on her upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2020 3:03 AM

R49, she’s broke.

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2020 3:03 AM

It's a shame she never got to take Masterclass to Broadway, one poster here said she was wonderful. Anyone know why this didn't come about?

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2020 5:44 AM

ha! YOU FUCKIN CUNTY LITTLE HOMOSEXUAL BOYS. LETTUCE IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU, I THROW PISS ON YOUR ACCUSATIONS. I am neither mentally ill or mad, I take no medications, only a little vitamin c when I feel a head cold coming on. I am so misunderstood. Just because I did that movie that shall not be named, about that crazy actress, everyone thinks I'm like her. It really is unfair. I'm not difficult to work with, that is a vicious lie perpetrated by jealous people. I am merely a humble artiste striving for perfection, that's all, YOU FUCKIN GODDAMN LITTLE HOMOSEXUAL BOYS! I AM A LEGEND, BOW THE FUCK DOWN TO ME, I'M HOLLYWOOD FUCKIN ROYALTY! WHERE AM I HIDING? WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO FUCKIN KNOW! I'M HIDING NOWHERE AND MY COMEBACK WILL BE BIGGER THAN NORMA DESMOND'S!

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2020 7:28 AM

I just had a light bulb moment when writing 'that's all'. Wouldn't Faye have been beyond great as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wear's Prada? Far better than Meryl, and Meryl was good.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2020 7:30 AM

R54 I think part of the fun was seeing someone relatively “against type” play her. With Faye everyone would have said she was just playing herself,

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Faye was with Isaac Calpito in December, attending the Opera.

Anyone here know Isaac? He seems like a sweetheart and I'm glad he chums around with Faye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2020 8:16 AM

Calpito looks like that boy who killed Versace. It's a Talented Mister Ripley thing going on with him and Faye?

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2020 8:34 AM

So she's not in hiding.

Good for her.

She looks happy in that pic

by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2020 9:18 AM

That's obviously not her, but some DLer wearing a Faye Dunaway halloween mask. I have an idea. We could chain little homosexual boys to pickets in strategic places, and dispose some free lettuce nearby, then we crouch behind a car and wait with a net. When she comes :SNATCH. We drive her to a facility. Who's team ?

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2020 11:11 AM

She looks like Joni Mitchell at r56.

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2020 11:22 AM

r56 oh dear, she's finally given up and accepted old ladyhood. I thought she would fight to the end like Fonda and Joan Collins. I guess she doesn't have their money. She should, but she doesn't. Good for her for embracing ageing though.

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2020 11:53 AM

I actually feel sorry for her. She was stunning in her youth and very talented. I believe her to be quite mentally ill, and it's ruined her life and career. I'd put money on bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2020 11:55 AM

Why do these women not realise that filler in their cheeks make them look fat?

by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2020 11:58 AM

R42 It was obvious that she loved attention, but only the type of attention that she herself could control. I sensed that she was very lonely inside, like a little girl lost, and forced to play dress-up and play acting to hide who she truly is. It is obvious from what I've read that she is desperately insecure. She loves to work obviously as long as she gets her own way, and did a ton of cable or network TV movies that did nothing to put her back on the A list. Mrs. Van Hopper in the BBC version of "Rebecca" is a perfect example of her desperation either for money or work or both as you really don't think of Faye Dunaway and Florence Bates in the same sentence.

"Beverly Hills Madam", "Silhouette", "Drunks", certainly no "Chinatown" or "Network" or even "Eyes of Laura Mars", which was basically "Mahogany" with a murder attached. It's obvious in the way she presented herself that she thought of herself deeply as an old fashioned style movie star, but even Crawford never acted the way she did on the sets. There are reasons to go into acting other than the glamour and attention, and while she had talent, her motivations of being a modern day Norma Desmond (with or without the Andrew Lloyd Webber score she couldn't sing) are sort of sad. To her credit, she appeared on the Tonight Show and apologized to Johnny for being late, telling him, "I never should have taken Sunset Blvd." The audience roared.

by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2020 12:51 PM

I haven't read the book but Dunaway was fine to me in the Diana Rigg "Rebecca." She was a loud, brash American. Is that not the character?

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2020 1:05 PM

C'mon, bitch pretended for DECADES that she had really given birth to her adopted son. And it was the ' father' who spilled the tea, not her. She cray-cray. Even Mia finally admitted to not really have breeded with notoriously infertile Woody. (even though Woody himself used the sham as a plot twist in ' hannah and her sisters'.) She was a great beauty with the blond hair, and a really great actress (' 'puzzle of a downfall child' ' is breathtaking, how was she not nominated for that one ???) but she belongs to the mental institution, and not the Vivien Leigh way. Vivien, when she was not trying to strangle children or cut your nipples off with rusty garden cissors, was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2020 1:25 PM

R65 I agree that she was fine, but it just seemed like a desperate need for work, and while it was BBC and a well done production (quite different than the original movie with a different conclusion for Mrs. Danvers), it was like she was begging to be noticed and used BBC as a tool for that intention. I'm sure that Meryl Streep took the Aunt March role in "Little Women" for different reasons, but you really don't think of Meryl Streep in line with Edna May Oliver, Lucille Watson or Mary Wickes. (Well, Greer Garson and Angela Lansbury did TV versions of that part, so I guess Meryl is justified for taking that part historically speaking....)

by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2020 1:33 PM

People in Hollywood simply didn’t want to work with her after a certain point. When she aged out of being bankable/desirable (a problem for most actresses, especially in her era), she just wasn’t worth the effort any more.

by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2020 1:56 PM

She’s hiding in Brenda Vaccaro’s hairy nutsack!

by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote] Even Mia finally admitted to not really have breeded with notoriously infertile Woody.

Huh???

by Anonymousreply 70January 28, 2020 2:20 PM

R70, did you just wake up from a 30 years coma ?

by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2020 2:43 PM

R64 thanks so much for your insights as someone who has met her. I do wish she was able to bring off a decent comeback, either with a successful play or a TV series but I fear R68 isn't far off the mark and few will take another gamble on her.

Last year was a PR disaster in these PC times. The diva act is no longer acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2020 3:29 PM

This woman is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2020 3:31 PM

NOW you’re all listening to me?

NOW?

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2020 3:46 PM

Tell me about it, R74.

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2020 3:50 PM

Bette, we don’t understand you when you talk out of one side of your mouth!!!

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2020 3:53 PM

Just a short year ago...

Lithium’s a helluva drug!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2020 3:54 PM

She comes off nicely in that clip. She's not completely bonkers I guess. I met her once, complemented her (work) and she was very nice and gracious. That said, it's pretty obvious that for whatever reasons, she can be a very difficult person.

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2020 4:05 PM

A TWIST!

These esteemed journalists, who are the creme de la creme, think all the vicious face slapping began when Dorothy Faye caught the Boston crew [italic]trying on her holy wigs.[/italic]

Has she been wronged??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]R78 She comes off nicely in that clip. She's not completely bonkers I guess.

Well, when she’s ON HER MEDS! And knows she’s on national TV.

Maybe Anderson Cooper can adopt her. And give her all his moms old clothes, etc. It might be healing.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]R67 I agree that she was fine [in “Rebecca”] but it just seemed like a desperate need for work

Almost all older actresses have “a desperate need for work”. Unless they want to become real estate agents.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2020 4:17 PM

[bold]#TreamFayeDunawayVanderbiltCooper

by Anonymousreply 82January 28, 2020 4:18 PM

Somebody claiming to have been her personal assistant briefly (apparently they are all there only briefly) posted on one of the other Faye threads that she indeed is supposed to be on medication for mental illness but that she frequently goes off of them, hence the rollercoaster of good Faye/bad Faye.

by Anonymousreply 83January 28, 2020 4:21 PM

You mean bad Faye and holy terror Faye.

by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2020 4:24 PM

She’s secretly a fiery Latina at heart.

by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2020 4:26 PM

I have someone who suffers from bipolar depression in my family, more the depression than the mania, so bipolar2. On meds he is a lovely, thoughtful intelligent and calm person, a delight to be around. Off his meds he is a raging, irritable, nasty and cruel monster. Bipolar is a terrible illness I wouldn't wish on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote] She’s secretly a fiery Latina at heart.

When did Raquel Welch ever cross the line into attacking a gay stagehand?

by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2020 4:47 PM

Welch’s wrist was injured when she fell after Dottie pushed her in this scene.

Our Faye called it an accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2020 4:56 PM

I'm glad I pushed her into that cake!

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2020 4:57 PM

I've always had a soft spot for her ever since I saw her in The Champ when I was a kid. The scence where she tells him she's his mother touched me.

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2020 5:49 PM

A wonderful scene by both FD and RS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]The scence where she tells him she's his mother touched me.

It can't hold a candle to the double whammy in "Chinatown's" revelatory daughter AND sister scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2020 6:13 PM

This was Faye at her most light hearted and winsome. Her character had every single emotion you'd come to expect from a Faye Dunaway performance, and even though she was a bit of a femme fatal, she was quite likable in it. She has a great scene with British actress Cherie Lunghi, a Greenwich Village art gallery owner who has seduced her stepdaughter into an affair, basically paying her off so there is no family scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Did you link the wrong video? I see no Cherie Lunghi.

by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2020 6:33 PM

Was the young man in that video dubbed? His accent work is comically bad. He sounds community theatre level "foreigner."

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2020 6:34 PM

R94 I mentioned the Cherie Lunghi scene in general, but I did find it, 7 minutes into this video. I loved her character as well as Faye's. She played one outrageous lesbian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 28, 2020 6:40 PM

She came off as articulate and thoughtful on Inside The Actor's Studio.

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2020 6:48 PM

[quote]R90 The scene [in “The Champ”] where she tells him she's his mother touched me.

The scene I like is in the stable, when her ex husband tries to win her back. Jon Voight becomes so nakedly vulnerable in it, and she’s good, too.

The two had a complicated history together, ever since they did a stage play together and CLASHED. In the scene You really get that they’re a couple with a bittersweet, rocky past, but mutual attraction .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2020 6:53 PM

Cherie Lunghi is good in that clip. Thanks. I wonder why her career has been mostly mid level Brit TV.

I don't really buy Faye as that character, especially when she professes her love to Burton and that seeing him in a bad way breaks her heart. Even when smiling and acting superficially "light," she's a cold woman.

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2020 7:04 PM

A bit off topic, but as a fan of Cherie's since I saw this during its original airing, I was delighted to see her turn up in "The Mission" and "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", and later saw "Excalibur" (where she plays Guenevere) and "Oliver Twist", as Nancy opposite Tim Curry as Bill Sikes and George C. Scott as Fagin. It sounds from interviews she's done that she's content with the career she has had, doing British stage and TV and a film appearance here and there.

There was a book years ago (Film Goer's Checklist I believe) that listed the theatrical films of major stars and ranked them 1-4. Faye had less than 2, and the writer described her as a beautiful block of ice. Compared to other films I've seen her in, her performance in "Ellis Island" was probably one of the few where she's not completely frigid. Kate Burton, as Richard's daughter in the mini-series (and Cherie's lover), played a frigid character, but that's how it was written. Cherie's character is deliciously wacky, if opportunistic. One scene has her throwing a very gay party in her gallery, and a bitch fight between two queens breaks out where her valuables get damaged. Rather than being livid, she's laughing hysterically over it, but if I recall correctly, her character may have been smoking opium at the time. It isn't until the final scenes where her true character comes out, and it lead to one of the most chilling commercial breaks I ever saw. I'll have to watch the mini-series in its entirety again (which I have) to re-judge Faye's performance, but I liked her character more than I did Ann Jillian's musical comedy star (even though Ann was excellent!)

by Anonymousreply 100January 28, 2020 7:21 PM

Did the young male ex-lover go on to do anything after that show?

by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2020 7:29 PM

I agree, r98, another great moment in the film.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote] [R70], did you just wake up from a 30 years coma ?

Mia never said that.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2020 8:03 PM

I like the original theatrical opening to Puzzle of a Downfall Child way better than the credits over black screen released on the French DVD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2020 9:08 PM

It's funny how you can see latterday Faye in some of those still images, e.g. the shot at 1:10.

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2020 9:11 PM

Wow, the narration in that original Puzzle opening is like he's talking about Faye Dunaway not the character she's playing!

Want to watch the film now.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2020 9:11 PM

Giving her best Nancy Sinatra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2020 9:15 PM

Faye WAS articulate and thoughtful until she lost her marbles.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2020 10:31 PM

I watched ' puzzle of a downfall child ' again yesterday.. WOW. What a great artist she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2020 8:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!