Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worst people in Hollywood

Angelina Jolie. I know most people love here and believe that bullshit about here being the new Mother Theresa. Am I the only one who thinks is just publicity?

Don't you people see how bitch, manipulative and sociopath she really is?

She is doing her best to ruin Brad, kids are just an excuse to not commit suicide and now a fashionable complement to the red carpets and a tool to hurt Pitt.

I don't believe anything of the shits she say, also don't like most of her films.

Also Emma Stone, I don't know why I feel odd about her.

Who else??

by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2021 5:10 AM

Miley Cyrus and her revolving vagina.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2019 4:03 PM

As if you bitches know anyone in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2019 4:05 PM

Mama Kris Jenner. Pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2019 4:09 PM

I actually do know some thanks - Ellen Degeneres may be loved on screen but she is terrible to a lot of people off-screen and is a miserable person. Not really in H-wood but Jerry Seinfeld is a compete dick.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2019 4:18 PM

They're all fighting for the title, but at least some of them are hot.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2019 4:23 PM

Fatso from carpool karaoke is a nightmare to work with. I’ve heard from several reliable sources.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2019 4:23 PM

Angie Jolie is a miserable person with a host of psychological and physical ailments. She is zero fun.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2019 4:25 PM

Madonna

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2019 4:26 PM

Susan Sarandon - CUNT

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2019 4:26 PM

R9 really?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2019 4:28 PM

R10 anyone who went out their way to be a “never Hillary” in 2016 is a CUNT to me.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2019 4:31 PM

Jennifer Lopez apparently thinks she's royalty and expects people to treat her as such. Strange thing is, according to Rosie Perez in her book about In Living Color and other people who knew JLo even before then, she ALWAYS behaved this way.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2019 4:32 PM

Very few narcissists -- and they're pretty much all narcissists -- are truly likable, admirable people. If you're around one enough, eventually you see what they really are, no matter how superficially charming.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2019 4:34 PM

Mila Kunis

Angelina Jolie

Matt Damon

Ewan McGregor

Amy Poehler

Ricky Gervais

Cate Blanchett

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2019 4:38 PM

R14 Cate and Mila, why?

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2019 4:40 PM

R6 I’ve heard the opposite about James Corden - he’s apparently well loved!

Worst and most despised celebs; Ellen Degeneres - truly the opposite off screen of the onscreen image Jennifer Lopez - has slept around, thinks she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread (very minimal talent outside of dancing), true narcissist and diva biatch! Recently, the hosts of the British morning show “this morning” trolled her for her diva behavior when her cookie (apparently she requested for cold milk and cookies before arrival) was not heated to the perfect temperature.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2019 4:57 PM

R16 = James Corden. I’ve heard this from many people who have no reason to lie about it. He’s the opposite of his onstage persona. Much like Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2019 5:00 PM

Ellen Degeneres, Oprah, Emma Watson, Meghan Markle (can she even be considered Hollywood?), Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2019 5:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2019 5:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2019 5:31 PM

R20 JHo clearly didn’t know where she was - while Americans may put up with her bad behavior, the Brits will come for her ass! She’s a nasty person. I don’t believe Angelina Jolie is a bad person. She’s a former home wrecker yes. But she doesn’t come across as being bad in one-one interactions. Where’s the evidence? She always seems down to earth and nice.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2019 5:55 PM

Michael Bay - serial rapist and right wing asshole

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2019 6:10 PM

Jolie admitted to being a cutter. I've never known a cutter that wasn't horrible and insane.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Jolie gives me strong borderline personality disorder vibes. Not as bad as a crazy bitch like Rose McGowan, but bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2019 6:14 PM

The question should rather be: Who isn’t an asshole in HW?

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2019 6:18 PM

R24, she admitted to being Borderline.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2019 6:32 PM

J Lo's public act was/is all about acting sexy and sweet while in private, she is a raging bitch who thinks she is the equivalent of Faye Dunaway. In terms of cuntiness, yes, they are similar. But J Lo also thinks she's a thespian on that level of Faye from Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown, Network, etc. HA! Lopez is the type of person to tell all the people in a room "don't look at me in the eyes when I speak to you" or "you shut your mouth when you're talking to me!". A real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Well, how predictable. The usual women demonizing thread. Apparently, JLo, "don't look me in the eye" is worse than Hitler, whereas Harvey Weinstein, serial rapist, isn't even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2019 6:39 PM

Ellen is a mean drunk, as has been discussed on DL many times. You'd think someone with hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank and the biggest hit talk show on tv could relax a little, but she's quite nasty IRL.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2019 6:40 PM

[R12] & [R27] I’ve been in her office, and it’s clear she’s someone who is active in her business and takes control. You have to give her credit for that, she knows what she wants and she’s successful. Men do the same thing and no one says a word.

Amy Pascal and Adam Sandler...yuck.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2019 6:41 PM

R27 That kind of narcissism is beyond me! It’s one thing for Faye Dunaway or Ellen Degeneres or Madonna or Jolie to be bitches coz they can back it up. Jho can only back up one thing, her ass! And she’s more arrogant then all of them combined. Delusional looney toon!

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2019 6:42 PM

Jolie isn't awful to be around and doesn't terrorize people. Im sure there's a ton of issues there, she might even be cold, but i know people who interact with her and they still have nice things to say. Pitt wouldn't have put up with being around someone who couldn't treat people with respect. As i wrote this, I remembered another anecdote from a friend who was an extra with Jolie and during an action scene blocking, she was talking to the director about movements and then stopped herself to say hello and shake the hand of the extra she was physically interacting with--because it was appropriate to do so.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2019 7:03 PM

Kardashians - a single family managed to lower US IQs by one standard deviation.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2019 7:10 PM

Seth MacFarlane. Charlize Theron. Michael Bay.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2019 7:15 PM

Charlize Theron. Notorious bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2019 7:23 PM

Sean Penn

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2019 7:49 PM

Here's a few. But the list could go on and on and on....

Kevin Spacey

Woody Allen

Roman Polanski

Johnny Depp

Gwyneth Paltrow

Ellen Degeneres

Oprah Winfrey

Edward Norton

Whoopi Goldberg

Sarah Silverman

Bill Maher

Charlie Sheen

Lena Dunham

Courtney Love

John Travolta

Eddie Murphy

Julia Roberts

Cuba Gooding Jr.

Lindsay Lohan

Jennifer Lawrence.

Tom Cruise

Sean Penn

Christian Bale

Kristen Stewart

Adam Sandler

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2019 8:05 PM

R35 a cunt indeed.

Anyone that would dump a decent lad like Stuart Townsend is the personification of cuntishness.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2019 8:11 PM

R32 - Wow, a human being that has basic manners! What a novelty. x

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2019 8:15 PM

JLo, when dating Affleck, removed Affleck's $5,000 tip and replaced it with $300.

[quote] Another famed big tipper of recent times is Hollywood actor Ben Affleck, who twice allegedly distributed tips of about $150,000 after winning big at the Hard Rock. During their engagement, however, Jennifer Lopez (a.k.a. "J-Lo") apparently clamped down on her fiancé's legendary toking habits, earning her the nickname in Vegas of "Pay Low." According to a published report in 2002, during their Thanksgiving holiday visit to Vegas that year, the couple was playing baccarat at the Mirage and Affleck tossed a $5,000 white chip to the dealers, only to have J.Lo pronounce "No," retrieve the chip, and exchange it for three black $100s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2019 8:17 PM

R2, I know -- or rather have met -- many.

Tons, in fact.

At the end of the day, they're people trying to make a living and their fans have cast them in a role that they did not audition for -- their best friend, role model, whatever.

I used to not agree with 'it's best not to meet your idols' -- ideally, one's idols won't be a shit.

R32, I believe that story. I know an extra who said Jolie stayed in a scene when the coverage (camera) was on a co-star; she didn't have to stay there, but it helped her scene partner.

I prefer to focus on stories like that; where there's basic human decency.

It's sad when there isn't.

But … it happens.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2019 8:19 PM

R28 I mentioned Michael Bay. I think that most people don't think of Weinstein as "in Hollywood" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2019 11:02 PM

R41, what are your choices for best and worst celebrities that you've worked with/met?

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2019 12:29 AM

I get a divo vibe from Martin Short for some reason. I haven't heard any horror stories but it is something about his demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2019 12:36 AM

I have had nothing but good experiences with Sarah Silverman, worked with her at least half a dozen times and her people.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2019 1:12 AM

R44, Short took the high road when Kathie Lee went on and on and on (and on and on) about his legendary marriage; Short sat there on TODAY and smiled...then someone informed Kathie Lee that Short's wife had died a while back.

A) KL is rumored to be nice; we all make mistakes, but geez, Louise, if the marriage was SO legendary she would have heard about its end.

B) Short could have handled the whole thing in a lot of ways but every report I read he took the high road.

I'm not a fan of divas and bitches, but the reality is stars have bad days just like the rest of us; I'd never want to meet a big favorite when they were having a bad day, but it could happen.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2019 1:25 AM

Can you imagine if black artists like Rihanna or Beyoncé had the nerve to behave half as badly as Jennifer Lopez has? They wouldn’t have careers right now having been long relegated to the ghetto category akin to a love and hip hop starlet like Jocelyn.

by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2019 1:53 AM

R47, to me, J Lo will always be nothing but a slutty, crunchy taco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2019 1:56 AM

How does Ellen continue to get away with her behavior if she's that bad? Rosie had that rep until it blew up in her face. My brother worked with Nalalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks on a project and said she was a horror show. James Taylor is a great guy. Someone mentioned John Travolta on this list. I've never heard of him being an ass. Details please. Just diva stuff?

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2019 2:05 AM

[quote]James Taylor is a great guy.

Sez you!

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2019 2:06 AM

Bette White is two faced. Puts on a sweet face in public, but is actually a bitch on wheels and let's not forget how she was on Mary Tyler Moore.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]How does Ellen continue to get away with her behavior if she's that bad? Rosie had that rep until it blew up in her face.

Ellen makes a shit-ton of $$$ for a shit-ton of people. As long as you're raking in the money, bad behavior can be tolerated. Rosie voluntarily ended her talk show, if she'd wanted to continue with it, her batshit behavior would've been tolerated. Remember, this is all backstage stuff, the public reputation of Ellen has never suffered. Rosie's insanity didn't become public until after her show was over.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2019 2:15 AM

R51, it'd be funny if you signed posted by 'c. leachman' or 'b. arthrur'

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2019 2:26 AM

Martin Short said Judd Hirsch behaved badly when they worked at the same studio in the early eighties.

by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2019 2:29 AM

I believe that. Judd seems like a douche bag

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2019 2:31 AM

Being the "worst" can mean different things; in my opinion acting like an ass is one of them. Sarah Silverman had done that a LOT.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2019 2:40 AM

Sarah Silverman kept my snot rags.

by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2019 2:44 AM

Tea from friends who work in the industry:

Angelina is nice (wouldnt have expected that). Reese Witherspoon is nice. Marisa Tomei is difficult. Al Pacino has rage issues. Rihanna is fun and friendly and easy to talk to. Neil Young is a creeper. Johnny Depp is extremely short. Martin Scorcese has an odd sense of humor but at least he has a sense of humor and is willing to poke fun of himself. Jennifer Lawrence is silly —it’s not an act—and approachable but not bright. That’s all I can remember right now.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2019 2:46 AM

James Woods - that's too obvious though.

Benji Madden is a shithead.

by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2019 2:48 AM

R58 we need more tea please

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2019 2:51 AM

Kate Burton is both nice and smart. Mary Elizabeth Masteantonio is shy, but actually sweet and charming. Kathy Griffin is what you see (and has been since high school). Dan Castellaneta may be on the very high end of the spectrum. Laura Innes was snooty when I knew her in college--but she may have changed in forty years.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2019 2:55 AM

I'm never quick to believe these horror stories, but if people have enough stories about them like Ellen and Faye, I start to believe it's true. It's just too many.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2019 2:58 AM

R51 Really, Betty White?? America’s grandma? R49 with Ellen it’s also evident on her show with guests sometimes she can come across as really arrogant. Like recently when Dr. Oz was on and she had that neck injury that she kept complaining about and he asked her can I check? She barked “no” at him like he was asking if he could have kiss her. For a second I thought I was watching Wendy. Just the way she continues to scare people against their will shows how careless, disrespectful and immature she is. She’s probably nice to people she’s attracted to like Aniston, stars she’s in awe of like Oprah or jealous of like Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2019 2:59 AM

If we're including deceased, I've never read anything good about George Peppard, but plenty about what an asshole he was.

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2019 3:02 AM

But was Rosie ever bad or just crazy? There’s a difference. Rosie I think is controlling, a perfectionist and crazy whereas Ellen comes across as mean, self-centered, arrogant and elitist.

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2019 3:02 AM

[QUOTE]Meghan Markle (can she even be considered Hollywood?),

If she can be considered 'royalty' (then) she most certainly can be considered Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2019 3:04 AM

Jerry Lewis was a living horror.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2019 3:06 AM

To R54. My experience with Judd Hirsch was just the opposite. He actually went out of his way to ask for me to say hello one day when he came to my office. We had a nice chat. He didn't have to. It was totally unexpected . It happens from time to time and I love it when it does.

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2019 3:08 AM

R58 I think you can tell a lot about people from what they do in their free time and their side projects. I can believe that Reese and Angie are nice. Reese does a lot of social stuff where she engages with people and has a show on YouTube and documentaries on Netflix, Angelina we’ve seen her charity work and goodwill ambassador stuff. It would be hard for Angie to have done all that work for soo long and secretly be a bitch lol

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2019 3:09 AM

Why do people hate on Gwyneth Paltrow though? I really like her. Even when she’s being super elitist and saying shit like “I invented yoga” I just love it!!! Like I would like to be there when she says such things. Her stuck up attitude is so fascinating to me. I find that she really tries to be down to earth but can’t help it with her posh New York upbringing and early career fame and success.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2019 3:15 AM

Clint Eastwood is a pretty bad guy...he hangs with nasty people. Robert Downey not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2019 3:17 AM

I always got the impression that David Duchovny and his lady love Tea Leoni (they're since divorced) were a loathsome pair. Duchovny always came across as an egotistical creep and he supposedly went to rehab for his "sex addiction." Leoni had one one observer called a "Medusa stare) and would brag in interviews about her sex life with Duchovny and her possession of him ("I've got him"). Shitheels, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2019 3:23 AM

Michael Bay is the worst. I always wonder about that famous director...what' s his nam?

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2019 3:24 AM

R69

I haven't cared for her since the way she behaved when her husband had that DUI.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote]Mama Kris Jenner. Pure evil.

Is that even a question? Her own husband had to chop off his weenier and grow tits just to get away!

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2019 5:50 AM

You said Clint Eastwood is a pretty bad guy and hangs with nasty people, R71. Would you elaborate? What nasty people? How is he a bad guy?

Up thread someone said Seth Macfarlane. Details, please.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2019 6:09 AM

R67, Horrible father, both while alive and dead, denying his biological children any inheritance.

At least he was consistent.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2019 6:31 AM

OP, why Emma Stone?? I don't think I've heard any horror stories about her. Supposedly she had an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2019 6:38 AM

R78 me either. Any bad shit about her, she just look fake to me. I don't know why

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2019 7:13 AM

Scarlett Johansen - a victim blaming pedo defender and hideous person and actress. A first-rate cunt!

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2019 7:22 AM

R69 Do you remember the Jolie-Aniston during the Golden Globes? How the fuck can Angelina be that resentful to Jen when Aniston has done nothing except try to leave all that crap behind? And she knew cameras would be there. If she behaves like that in public I can imagine how she really is in private. And the way she is facing the divorce, separating Brad from their kids and making those insinuations, too much

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2019 7:27 AM

R69 Is a loopy Maniston fan. Make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2019 8:26 AM

R81 is the loopy Maniston fan. Not r69. Sorry 69

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2019 8:27 AM

Here's some tea, both personal and industry friends:

*George Clooney - decent and down-to-earth

*Ellen DeGeneres - bitch be wack; mean as shit and one bottle away from going postal. Poor Portia.

*Oprah - Mean bitch behind the scenes

*Megan Mullaly - Wack-a-doodle

*Angelina Jolie - troubled childhood, insecure, but rather nice as a person.

*Chelsea Handler - cokehead alky, real bitch

*Madonna - super insecure, huge chip on her shoulders, foul-mouthed kunta, as spiritual as a rug

*Charlize Theron - pretends to be nice, snooty "don't look me in the eyes" heifer

*Faye Dunaway - slapped her hairdresser because she didn't "LOVE" her hair color - Mommy Dearest was not a stretch for her

*Gwyneth Paltrow, aka Goop - elitist snob

*Wynona Ryder - see Gwyneth Paltrow

There's plenty more but it's Monday. More later perhaps. Just know that where there's smoke for years and years, there's fire....

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2019 8:46 AM

[Quote] Wynona Ryder - see Gwyneth Paltrow

You'd think she would have mellowed out since her shoplifting fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2019 9:03 AM

[quote] It’s one thing for Faye Dunaway or Ellen Degeneres or Madonna or Jolie to be bitches coz they can back it up.

No one can back it up. It’s a particularly American thing when Americans love “talented” people to act like cunts.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2019 9:15 AM

Here's some tea. My sister used to work in an esthetics salon in Los Angeles.

Catherine ZJ - very insecure and bad tipper.

Macy Gray - big druggie but can afford a tacky $5K necklace.

Marisa Tomei - Seems cold at first but ended up being friendly. Could be just her Brooklyn girl facade.

As for me interned at a studio for hopes of a career. Back in 1999 I worked at a premiere for that Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck film Forces of Nature. Ben was friendly and kinda cute back then but Sandy was a major CUNT! The worst.

But then I experienced Charlize Theron when Keanu and her promoted Sweet November. Even worse. I guess she was a diva even before her nose job. She just seemed really cruel and calculating, very cold.

In summary Hollywood has a lot of fucked up people that are emotionally needy, narcissists, sociopaths, and will sacrifice their morals for a shot at fame.

Don't work in the entertainment industry anymore. After I graduated I got into Banking. Not as exciting but people are not as crazy.

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2019 9:18 AM

Amy Poehler? What has she done?

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2019 10:25 AM

What was Keanu like, R87??

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2019 10:29 AM

Mike Myers, Jim Carrey. I've met Myers (stone cold prick) and heard plenty about Carrey.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2019 10:37 AM

Piven

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2019 10:58 AM

r88 she hit menopause and turned into a "feminist".

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2019 11:07 AM

[Quote] Back in 1999 I worked at a premiere for that Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck film Forces of Nature. Ben was friendly and kinda cute back then but Sandy was a major CUNT! The worst.

How was she acting?

[Quote] But then I experienced Charlize Theron when Keanu and her promoted Sweet November. Even worse. I guess she was a diva even before her nose job. She just seemed really cruel and calculating, very cold.

So Keanu didn't mind or she was "nice" to him?

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2019 11:43 AM

R92 good for her.

I hear Kirk Douglas is a serial rapist.

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2019 11:45 AM

The ones that are saying that Catherine ZJ or Angelina are insecure, how the fuck you measure one's insecurity? Did they started to cry before a red carpet or something?

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2019 12:18 PM

Some great replies! Thanks everyone :))

And thank you, R84; of course we want to know more! Please keep coming back when you can!

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2019 12:41 PM

I work in the service industry here is what I’ve heard/seen Justin Bieber -awful, erratic, and mean Jennifer Lopez- mean, especially nasty to women Julia Roberts-mean and sullen (though this was years ago) Angelina Jolie- totally fine Jen Aniston- high maintenance but not mean Bethany Frankel- awful human being Rihanna-funny and down to earth Kim Kardashian- total bitch Lindsay Lohan- a mess but basically nice Oprah-cold and bitchy Gail- down to earth and nice Kelly Rutherford-kind of creepy

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2019 1:09 PM

I know he's pretty much a nobody, but years ago I worked as a waiter at a high end restaurant, and Beau Bridges came in one night and acted the epic cunt toward staff to the point the manager *almost* (but did not actually) asked him to leave.

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2019 1:25 PM

R97 thanks, but which one of those mean bitches stole all your punctuation marks?!

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2019 1:33 PM

I met Michael Jackson in the early 90’s. He came into my work with his entourage and was, as expected, very bizarre but sweet. He spoke in a whispery, effeminate voice and gave people compliments. He looked like an alien that had suddenly landed and was curious about earthlings.

by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2019 1:55 PM

If I were still breathing, I'd own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2019 2:00 PM

R101 you mean Lauren?

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2019 2:03 PM

R98 That's surprising . I always assumed Bridges was a nice, down to earth guy. He has such laid back vibes . You never know I suppose .

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2019 2:03 PM

And Perske, r102.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2019 2:09 PM

R104 Why? I didn't know. Tell us everything

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2019 2:13 PM

Christie Brinkley is a stuck up snob. A friend of mine went to her home in the Hamptons to interview as a nanny. She said Brinkely was intimidating (purposely ) and insufferable. She didn't take the job.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2019 2:20 PM

Joan Crawford's dead. Good.

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2019 2:22 PM

[quote]Marisa Tomei is difficult.

I know someone who worked with her on Loitering With Intent and said she wasn't super friendly but was nice and professional. Her younger brother was on the film too so maybe she was on her best behavior or feeling more comfortable, I don't know.

A nurse I used to know worked on the medical staff for several movies and said Karen Black and Dennis Hopper were the nicest actors she ever worked with.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2019 2:23 PM

R108, How long did they last? Eight days

Dennis Hopper and Mamas and the Papas singer Michelle Phillips married on a whim after she visited his compound in 1970. And she saw her mistake very quickly. The details aren't publicly known, but The Daily Mail says they didn't last because of Hopper's "unnatural sexual demands."

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Cloris Leachman is a cee you next Tuesday!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110November 25, 2019 3:13 PM

Well, Op, R79, now you’re just being mean. Your comment in R79 is a big turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2019 3:18 PM

I’m shocked by some of these stories. First off r90 what things has Jim Carrey done? Secondly Charlize Theron and America’s sweetheart Sandra Bullock are bad? Really? I know Ellen is a mean-ass biatch but a drunk?? Since when? Angelina Jolie it’s clear to me that she’s a nice girl whether she has issues or not she does come across as relatable and down to earth. Jennifer Aniston high maintenance, obviously, just the amount of tanning and black wardrobe she has to get for any appearance will tell you that. Oprah mean I can believe that but the world has placed her in another realm so..but I love Gwyneth Paltrow and I don’t understand why people hate on her. To me, it seems the bad girls are actually the good ones (Angelina, Reese, Gwyneth) the ones we think are good are the bitches (Ellen, Oprah, Charlize) the real bitches everyone knows about (JLo, Faye Dunaway) and the high maintenance, possibly fake, and indifferent (Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts)

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2019 3:26 PM

More unsubstantiated trash talk about Ellen. Always from "friends" never any hard proof. DL tries to tear down one if its own, how sad.

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2019 3:28 PM

James Cameron really does think he’s king of the world!

by Anonymousreply 114November 25, 2019 3:28 PM

I still find it funny that people hate on Gwyneth P yet she seems to be the one that all the girls want to be friends with and all the boys want to date? She was besties with Madonna, was besties with Winona, she’s close with Beyoncé and Jay, Kate Hudson, Chelsea Handler, friends with Kerry Washington, dated Brad, dated Ben, etc. I think people are jealous of her popularity and don’t understand her humor which can come across as show-offy coming from an upper class person.

by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2019 3:32 PM

For some reason I prefer hearing who’s nice. Maybe because that’s the aberration.

by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2019 3:43 PM

I've worked b with a few celebrities from A to Z list and you know what? They're ALL insufferable, awful, demanding narcissists.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 117November 25, 2019 3:51 PM

R116 Nah, is better to hear about the bitchery. I do also think Leo Dicaprio is just dark and has very strange, weird, unexpected life behind the cameras. It's amazing the amount of control he owns in Hollywood and the media. How did he get that?

by Anonymousreply 118November 25, 2019 3:56 PM

The "Ellen Degeneres is Not as Nice as You Think" article was in the NYT, not just Dataloungers dumping on a lesbian.

There have been BIs about her drinking for a decade.

by Anonymousreply 119November 25, 2019 3:58 PM

Is it true about Henry Cavill being into extremely young girls only?

by Anonymousreply 120November 25, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]More unsubstantiated trash talk about Ellen. Always from "friends" never any hard proof. DL tries to tear down one if its own, how sad.

I know firsthand from people who worked on her show that Ellen is a drunken, mean bitch.

by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2019 5:26 PM

I've also known people who worked with her. It has to be true, everybody has the same type of stories about her. A famous gay TV host told me that the worst people he met in Hollywood were Elle and Rupaul. About Angelina, he told me she was not really that bad, just cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2019 5:39 PM

Hmm r122 who’s the famous gay presenter? Rosie? Wouldn’t be Andy since he’s good friends with Rupaul. Ellen is even mean to a lot of her guests live on air but I didn’t know she was a drunk. Does she ever do the show intoxicated?

by Anonymousreply 123November 25, 2019 6:05 PM

[QUOTE] I know firsthand from people who worked on her show that Ellen is a drunken, mean bitch.

And your name is...?

by Anonymousreply 124November 25, 2019 6:19 PM

R106 Brinkley has always been a creepy cunt

by Anonymousreply 125November 25, 2019 6:23 PM

Ellen comes in hungover a lot and is a nasty bitch to staff, esp. hair and makeup. One friend of mine quit and went to work elsewhere because she couldn't stand it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 126November 25, 2019 7:19 PM

R120, Cavill almost exclusively dated much older women before he was famous. As in, he was 25 and dating women in their late 30s/40s. I was surprised to find out about that 19 year old - she did look older and must have been a tough girl. That's how he likes them - formidable.

by Anonymousreply 127November 25, 2019 7:39 PM

Since when has Cavill been into pussy?

by Anonymousreply 128November 25, 2019 8:32 PM

R128 Cavill is straight, just deal with it DL

by Anonymousreply 129November 25, 2019 9:18 PM

My best friend (I've known her since college) used to work at Paramount Studios in the archives department so she tells me things every now and then when I pry.

One time, she entered an elevator the same time Jack Black did. Apparently, JB was a massive asshole to everyone he came in contact with that afternoon. One of the things she overheard was that he was screaming with rage about how he looked in the lobby cutout for his forthcoming movie Orange County.

She has a good one about Frank Stallone, but it's more about being a creeper than being one of the worst people in Hollywood. I'll save it for the appropriate thread.

by Anonymousreply 130November 26, 2019 2:28 AM

R130, I understand--Jack Black doesn't think he's fat. Just "big-boned".

by Anonymousreply 131November 26, 2019 2:36 AM

Since all of you know so much about Hollywood, this is just talent. What about all the execs and producers and directors etc etc? Which ones are awful?

by Anonymousreply 132November 26, 2019 3:05 AM

R127 What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 133November 26, 2019 3:30 AM

R65 Rosie seems like she has genuine mental health issues, Ellen just sounds like a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 134November 26, 2019 3:40 AM

R115 She's "besties" with everyone, but the relationships never seem to last.

by Anonymousreply 135November 26, 2019 3:44 AM

R127 right now he is dating with 19 y.o Freya Allan.......

by Anonymousreply 136November 26, 2019 3:55 AM

Jack Black is mean because, deep down, he realizes how fug and untalented he is and will be remembered as. He's waiting for everyone to wake up and has gotten a head start on the all-consuming bitterness that he feels is his only appropriate response.

by Anonymousreply 137November 26, 2019 3:56 AM

R127 Sorry, 18 y,o

by Anonymousreply 138November 26, 2019 3:56 AM

R137 Well...That and the copious amounts of cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 139November 26, 2019 3:59 AM

Lots of cocaine and still that fat? What the hell is that tubster eating?

by Anonymousreply 140November 26, 2019 4:02 AM

I thought Jack Black was one of the more down to earth types. And Orange County is one of my favourite movies thanks to Lithgow and O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 141November 26, 2019 6:02 AM

R117 is correct.

I've worked as an entertainment journalist for years, Many, many times I've sat on quotes actors have given on the record ('go ahead print it I'm fine') only I haven't b/c it'd get their butts fired or piss off their bosses or both.

Now, I see what these idiots post on twitter. I can't protect them nor do I have a desire to. They're all insecure narcissists. Some just take longer to reveal that part of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 142November 26, 2019 6:43 AM

R142 RIGHT? Even the "nice" ones are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 143November 26, 2019 7:06 AM

The nice ones are nice in comparison to others in the biz, not nice in general.

by Anonymousreply 144November 26, 2019 11:43 AM

R135 I believe she’s still friends with Bey, Kate Hudson, Kerry, Chelsea and many others not to mention her ex husband Chris Martin. I don’t blame her for her friendship with Madonna ending. We all know Madonna doesn’t or can’t keep friends except for Debbie Mazar. As for her friendship with Winona, it’s rumored Gweny stole the script for Shakespeare in Love from her which is nasty but come on Winona clearly has her own issues..

by Anonymousreply 145November 26, 2019 4:09 PM

R142 Do you have any stories? You could omit names! I am sure you have so many interesting ones!

by Anonymousreply 146November 27, 2019 2:40 PM

[quote]Do you have any stories? You could omit names!

No, DON'T omit names. There's a reason "who" is the first W in "5 W's and H."

by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2019 5:21 PM

I can believe Jim Carrey can be a nightmare, because he seems to have long-term, serious, intractable mental health issues. Even in his heyday, there were rumors of a terrible codependent relationship with his shrink, who he'd call 200x a day from the set.

I mean he's done fabulously well for himself considering that he's been wildly successful instead of drinking himself to death or ending up on the streets, like most mentally ill people today. But dealing with him can't be easy.

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2019 5:27 PM

Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2019 9:14 PM

If anybody doubts Ellen is a complete cunt just read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 28, 2019 4:38 AM

R150 - wow. I never saw this before but I am not surprised. Her usual passive-aggressive behaviour is very evident here. And when called out she acts shocked. "Who, me? " Horrible woman.

You can see the difference between this and people like Jen Aniston, with whom she kisses ass (probably fancies her!)

by Anonymousreply 151November 28, 2019 12:28 PM

I thought Dakota Johnson showed real grace and self confidence without being a bitch. Kinda surprised.

by Anonymousreply 152November 28, 2019 1:23 PM

I'm counsel for a large entertainment channel and I've dealt with more celebs than I'd like, but I do have have to give them one thing: they have to be standoffish most of the time. If they aren't, then every Midwesterner who has seen their latest movie, or their latest interview about a forthcoming album things they know them and are a friend. I'm friends with a decidedly b-movie actor, who had one really huge hit in the 80's, a piss-poor sequel, and then has worked steadily as a TV actor/director since. It's amazing the people who think he's that character from the movie. They just walk up and talk to him like they know him. He's usually really nice about it, mostly because it isn't happening 100x a day, so I give credit to big name actors who have to put up with that.

That being said, Ellen is a c*nt off-stage. The absolute nicest, most down to earth actors I ever met was a toss-up between Ernest Borgnine (RIP) and Dave Thornton (Cyndi Lauper's husband, big NYC actor). She was on the project as well, and was cordial, almost friendly, but definitely was not there to make friends. I worked with DL fav Diane Neal as well and she was actually really great. I was surprised to hear she's turned into kind of a wackjob with that boyfriend of hers (although he seems like a button pusher).

by Anonymousreply 153November 28, 2019 1:54 PM

Oh my r153 spill some more of that tea

by Anonymousreply 154November 28, 2019 3:29 PM

While working for the party, I met pre-President Obama and the Clintons and had a chance to observe their behaviors. Obama was cool/aloof with no staff that day, more into his Blackberry than anything else. Bill Clinton took the time to take pictures with everyone and was very gracious and kind to me. Good karma. Hillary was a bit different. I was too afraid to talk to her, I wanted to yell out "Love you Hillary!" but the Secret Service told me not to. She was much prettier in person that you'd think, great makeup and hair. Her entourage stayed about 100 feet behind her. I drove the van carrying her staff, they were obnoxious assholes - except for one who thanked me for driving them.

by Anonymousreply 155November 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Thanks for posting that t150 - Ellen indeed is a cunt but Dakota Johnson sounds equally insufferable. That one got a career only through a combo of her parent's connections and her mattress-back.

by Anonymousreply 156November 28, 2019 4:34 PM

Dakota Johnson got to play with Jamie Dornan naked, and get paid for it. I didn't. I hate her.

I don't watch talk shows. I didn't think what Ellen said was so outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 157November 28, 2019 4:53 PM

Dakota Johnson: "That one got a career only through a combo of her parent's connections and her mattress-back."

Yes, many get their foots thru the door be being offspring. But in defense of Dakota, I've seen her in a couple things. I was surprised by her presence and natural comic ability. She might have completely disappeared after that one movie, but she's sticking around. I think she does have talent.

by Anonymousreply 158November 28, 2019 5:33 PM

I'm Team Dakota, too. I find her very charming in the right role and she's more interesting on screen than a lot of her contemporaries like Kristen Stewart or Rooney Mara.

by Anonymousreply 159November 29, 2019 12:25 AM

The nicest person I met in Hollywood was Elijah Wood. He seemed pretty grounded.

by Anonymousreply 160November 29, 2019 12:28 AM

Ellen and JLo are the worst people in Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 161November 29, 2019 2:42 PM

Bill Cosby

Harvey Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 162November 29, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]They're ALL insufferable, awful, demanding narcissists.

/thread

by Anonymousreply 163November 29, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]Now, I see what these idiots post on twitter.

Twitter was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I will never see celebrities the same ever again because of it. They're all roving arrogant self serving fuckwads.

by Anonymousreply 164November 29, 2019 3:13 PM

R164 Someone started a topic on here a few months ago about "movie stars being a thing of the past." I think that they are and I think that social media is partially to blame. It killed the last bit of glamour that stars had for me.

by Anonymousreply 165November 29, 2019 4:40 PM

R165 haha instagram killed the movie star like video killed the radio star. Actually it’s reality that killed the movie star

by Anonymousreply 166November 29, 2019 5:10 PM

The only "movie stars" left are the ones that stay the fuck off social media, or use it very sparingly.

by Anonymousreply 167November 29, 2019 5:34 PM

R158 and r159 = Dakota Johnson's PR

by Anonymousreply 168November 29, 2019 8:38 PM

R146. I have a million.

Maybe some day I'll write a book.

You have to keep in mind that it's a small world and I'm sure I'd get outed if I revealed too many. I will say that most of my encounters are cordial as stars on every level are aware that to be nice to me is to be nice to my readers.

Plus, I'm sort of nice anyway.

by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2019 9:35 PM

R142 = R169

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2019 9:36 PM

R142 again here; I think it's important to keep in mind that actors are hired to play a role. Sometimes they play nice characters and people think, well, then that's how they'll be off-camera, right?

Of course, EVERYONE should be a nice person, cordial.

I read a story that Paul Newman said once he was under no obligation to give anything beyond his performance to a fan. No autograph. No photo (Selfies weren't around yet).

And someone wrote: He's 100% correct -- as an actor. But as a human being, he 'owes' human decency to anyone who'd say to him: hey, I'm a fan; you're terrific.

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2019 9:38 PM

It seems surprising that Ellen wouldn't be nicer....her career was basically over until Finding Nemo - no one would hire her. I would think that would make you a tad humble...

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2019 9:44 PM

I heard this years ago, but I've discovered it's very true. Watch out for those America's sweetheart types. They're usually the meanest snakes there are. On the other hand, people known for playing villains or morally questionable characters are usually super nice and approachable. I think there's something about exorcising your demons through these characters that might make them better adjusted.

I'm always on the look out for actors who don't want to say certain lines or do certain actions because of what their "public" might think or what their parents/children/spouses/friends/etc. might think of them if they do. These are usually lousy actors with very narcissistic tendencies and aren't worth the trouble. The best and nicest ones are the ones who'll say "oh, boy! That sounds insane. This should be fun." and jump right into it without a second thought or a moment of vanity. The ones with the least talent and the highest walls tend to be the nastiest.

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2019 10:55 PM

You can tell by looking at Charlize Theron, she is a bitch on wheels and she date Sean Penn... enough said

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2019 10:56 PM

R173, yeah, just look at Julia Roberts. If there was a TMZ and/or social media in the 90s, she wouldn't have been the biggest movie star of that decade.

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2019 11:00 PM

R171 would he still owe them that if they said it while he was in a bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2019 11:09 PM

R174 And that called ended in tears. Hahahaha......

by Anonymousreply 177December 2, 2019 4:38 AM

That should be....And that all ended in tears...

by Anonymousreply 178December 2, 2019 4:40 AM

He's not the worst person in Hollywood by any means, and I'm neutral to positive on his acting, and this is just a funny little anecdote and not proof of his Satanism. But about 6 months after his breakup with Susan Sarandon went public, I saw TIm Robbins and his then teen boys lining up for ice cream and Tim hit on this Italian woman in front of him. Repeatedly. She had no idea/care who he was and she was with her boyfriend and was getting pissed off that this giant middle aged man kept bothering her.

by Anonymousreply 179December 2, 2019 5:53 AM

R179 There have been rumours from years that Tim Robbins is a real douche bag and used to beat up Susan. I don't believe the 'beat up' rumour but I do believe the douche bag. He was cute in Bull Durham though.

by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Any actor who identifies as anything other than gay.

Any actress who identifies as anything other than lesbian.

Especially (but not exclusively) the white ones.

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2019 7:45 AM

R169- I understand, that is why I said to omit names at first, but I can imagine those in question could work it out if the stories were ones that only you were told. You must be well-known in that field.

But hey, they make good stories for loved ones and you could indeed write a book one day.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2019 7:45 AM

[quote] Lots of cocaine and still that fat? What the hell is that tubster eating?

More like what ISN’T he eating.

by Anonymousreply 183December 2, 2019 7:50 AM

R180, And he displayed his cock in "The Player", albeit covered in mud.

by Anonymousreply 184December 2, 2019 7:56 AM

He was fantastic in Jacob's Ladder--probably Adrian Lyne's best film--and his sex scenes Elizabeth Pena were hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 2, 2019 12:27 PM

R169 - Please tell me Emma Thompson is nice. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2019 12:30 PM

men fun at www.GCLUB.men

by Anonymousreply 187December 3, 2019 3:52 PM

Someone I know used to work at the Vice Presidential Mansion. I was surprised when he told me that the Dan Quayles were the nicest followed by the Bush Srs. The meanest he said was the Al Gores. He also told me that while George Bush Sr was vice president that an inebriated George Jr thrust an empty glass into his hand and said, "here boy, do something with this." The guy told me he was half tempted to shove it up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2019 5:14 PM

Angelina fleeced brad out of millions. hope he can get rid of the whore

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2019 5:45 PM

Dakota is like her mommy, dumb.....

by Anonymousreply 190December 13, 2019 7:54 AM

Before he found Jesus via Kanye, Brad was an alcoholic with anger issues directed at his child.

by Anonymousreply 191December 13, 2019 11:23 PM

R191 Brad is not a Jesus freak. Please provide link as proof!

by Anonymousreply 192December 14, 2019 4:53 AM

nor is he a Kanye freek. … yikes! no one is but kim.

hey WHY ARE THEY MARRIED?

by Anonymousreply 193December 14, 2019 2:46 PM

I can't recall his name, but a kid wrote a book based on his experiences of asking celebs for autographs from the ages of 8 to 14. (His age -- not that of the stars)

Some, he only had one experience with and everyone's entitled to a bad day.

He recounted meeting Tom Cruise twice, years apart and said he was super-nice each time.

by Anonymousreply 194December 14, 2019 3:05 PM

Lorena Sanchez

by Anonymousreply 195December 20, 2019 10:41 PM

OP is a troll

by Anonymousreply 196December 20, 2019 11:17 PM

I always thought Julia Roberts stealing the husband of a woman named Vera and then getting herself papped in a tee shirt that said “a low vera” was the cuntiest thing ever!

by Anonymousreply 197December 21, 2019 5:30 AM

That aloe Vera thing was so stupid and immature. She really is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 198December 21, 2019 12:15 PM

Can you imagine what Vera's reaction must have been? I hope in addition to being livid pissed, she and her friends got a good laugh. I wonder what Danny thought of the stunt.

by Anonymousreply 199December 21, 2019 3:12 PM

Does Danny share children with Vera?

by Anonymousreply 200December 21, 2019 3:19 PM

Never knew about the a low Vera shirt, cunt indeed.

by Anonymousreply 201December 21, 2019 4:29 PM

R153. You forgot to include: Borgnine was the nicest HOMOPHOBIC person in Hollywood you ever met. Remember how he made a big deal of refusing to see BBM and how John Wayne would be spinning in his grave?

Yeah, yeah, I know--he didn't call you a cocksucker (to your face), so he wasn't REALLY homophobic.

I liked him in Marty, but he sounds like a jerk in real life.

by Anonymousreply 202December 22, 2019 12:14 AM

Ethel Merman's bio included a blank page about her ill-fated marriage to Borgnine. She was not much better than him. Carol Channing's book has a great chapter about Merman and her legendary cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 203December 22, 2019 12:25 AM

I’m not the previous poster but here he is talking about it go to 1:20 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 22, 2019 12:32 AM

For R192

by Anonymousreply 205December 22, 2019 12:33 AM

I don’t get the “A low Vera” thing. I mean, I understand that it’s a dig at her boytoy’s ex-wife, but I thought it was a T-shirt with “Aloe Vera” printed on it, which could be considered a subtly mean pun, I guess, but “A low Vera” doesn’t even pretend to be witty or funny, it simply doesn’t mean anything. She just as well could have worn a T-shirt that said “Vera sucks” or something.

by Anonymousreply 206December 22, 2019 6:48 AM

R206, IIRC Julie, as she was named, wore the handmade tee shirt on pap stroll while Danny was still married to Vera. word was that Vera did not want to end marriage. Public humiliation edged her closer to letting him go. It was a bully move.

by Anonymousreply 207December 22, 2019 7:29 AM

R199 well he married Julia so.....

by Anonymousreply 208December 22, 2019 7:35 AM

[quote]Catherine ZJ - very insecure and bad tipper.

You saying she welshed?

by Anonymousreply 209December 22, 2019 7:44 AM

R209 And gave her hubby throat cancer.

by Anonymousreply 210December 22, 2019 7:45 AM

R208 I’m sure it was intensely exciting to be with one of the most famous women in the world, so of course he was going to marry her. I just wonder if he cringed at all when she pulled what someone aptly called that bully move. I find it hard to believe he would’ve been actively in on it, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 211December 22, 2019 10:53 AM

Vera should have gone around wearing a T-shirt that said “a cunt Julia.“

by Anonymousreply 212December 22, 2019 10:58 AM

R211 I'm sure it was exciting but that shit would get old real quick. Doesn't matter if whether or not he knew. He still chose to marry her.

by Anonymousreply 213December 22, 2019 11:26 AM

R44 I know Martin Short professionally and he is a surprisingly angry man who feels he's been cheated in life. Part of that is related to the death of his brother and his parents. Part is related to the fact that many of his colleagues went on to bigger careers. He also has an inflated sense of his intellectual abilities.

He was in the running this year for the Mark Twain award but politics took it away from him. He may get it next year. He really really wants it.

And he was way too self-congratulatory about the way he handled the Kathie Lee Gifford incident.

by Anonymousreply 214December 22, 2019 12:17 PM

...and the death of his wife, r214.

by Anonymousreply 215December 22, 2019 1:53 PM

R214, that's actually disappointing to read because I really do like him as a performer.

by Anonymousreply 216December 22, 2019 3:24 PM

Speaking of Martin Short, not sure if he was mentioned in the thread yet, but: Chevy Chase

by Anonymousreply 217December 22, 2019 3:25 PM

Thanks r214. That’s exactly the vibe he gives off...good description! Yeah, it must be difficult to see peers surpass, or get work esp if jerks...Chevy, Ellen, Rosie, jerry, Ben Stiller. Don’t most comics operate from place of anger or chip on shoulder?

by Anonymousreply 218December 22, 2019 9:02 PM

Tom Cruise is very nice R194. Despite all the crazy shit you hear about him. Being crazy doesn't negate being nice, I work in the "industry" and have never heard a bad word about his professional behavior or interaction with the public. I've seen it first hand up close and personal.

by Anonymousreply 219December 22, 2019 9:27 PM

r219 Does he look the same or better in person? In his last film, I detected some cosmetic surgery and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 220December 22, 2019 10:12 PM

You really notice how short he is in person R220. Other than that he looks pretty much the same, you can't miss him.

by Anonymousreply 221December 22, 2019 10:51 PM

Rick Moranis was a dickhead to a friend of mine when he was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 222December 22, 2019 10:58 PM

I don't know if anyone knows or remembers Carroll Baker. She was somewhat big in the 50s and she made an Andy Warhol cult film in the 70s called Bad. Well, I was a production assistant on a movie back in 1986 called Native Son, and she was in it. One of my jobs was to drive the actors around. I was instructed to pick-up Ms. Baker at her hotel at 7:30am and drive her to the set. I was very nervous because I was a film nerd and film school graduate and knew who she was. I arrived early. I stupidly thought this was a good thing (I was only 23). I knocked on her door at 7:20am. She opened it, visibly annoyed and read me the riot act. She told me that she had planned to be ready at the original time, she was on a schedule, I threw her off schedule, and the fact that she had to waste time telling me all of this meant that she's now going to be late. She sent me back to the lobby to wait until she contacted me. My mouth was on the floor, I knew I was getting fired, I broke out in a sweat. I went to the lobby (in the elevator was Little Richard with two young men. He hit on me. That's another story).

We eventually met up, and decided not to say anything and just do my job. I knew where I was going. It was a simple and direct route. She began to comment on my driving. She asked if I knew the way. Yes, I said. She said my driving was relaxing. OK?, I said. I got her where she needed to go. By the time I got back to the production office. I was told that Carroll Baker called about me. That's it, I'm fired. Apparently, she requested that I be the only person to drive her to and from the set. I was shocked. We ended up having a good time getting to know each other. She had no idea she was a cult movie icon. She lived in Italy at the time. I even took her to the airport when she left and she kissed me goodbye.

I think sometimes when we have brief encounters with people, they could be unpleasant and that's all we know of them so the takeaway is that they are terrible people. There's almost always more to it and more to them.

by Anonymousreply 223December 23, 2019 12:00 AM

R223 What a great story. I was all ready to hate her, and then…

by Anonymousreply 224December 23, 2019 12:44 AM

russdog, this is the DL...OF COURSE we remember her.!! Loved your story and good point.

by Anonymousreply 225December 23, 2019 8:51 PM

R223, Carroll mentions "Native Son" at 21:50 in this interview. She also mentions what an asshole George Peppard was at 28:50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 23, 2019 9:18 PM

^Make that 31:50 and 38:50.

by Anonymousreply 227December 23, 2019 9:21 PM

r218, yes. Seinfeld always made a point of saying that wasn't true but he's actually one of the most miserable people I've worked with. And his wife is pure evil. No surprise really.

I set Short up on a blind date with a friend who really wanted to go out with him. She's lovely -- smart, a public interest lawyer, pretty, fun. I didn't want to set them up but she begged. She still won't tell me what happened on the date but just says, "Terrible man. I should have listened to you."

His kids are great but that is probably the influence of his wife.

One other person who I thought might be awful but isn't is Dick Wolf. He looks like he could kill you but he is a pussycat. In passing, I mentioned a children's charity to him that was struggling and he had a check delivered to them the next day (for $100K). Turns out he does that a lot.

by Anonymousreply 228December 23, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]And his wife is pure evil.

I can't imagine Seinfeld's wife being anything less than this. She just comes off like such a horrible, entitled, Long Island yenta asshole. And he's a dickhead for getting a platform on Letterman to disgustingly attack that poor woman whose cookbook the wife stole. I recall reading on here someone knew their kids and the daughter is essentially a "Mean Girl." True?

by Anonymousreply 229December 23, 2019 9:39 PM

[quote]One other person who I thought might be awful but isn't is Dick Wolf. He looks like he could kill you but he is a pussycat. In passing, I mentioned a children's charity to him that was struggling and he had a check delivered to them the next day (for $100K). Turns out he does that a lot.

That's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 230December 23, 2019 9:41 PM

r229, Jessica is truly awful. And she is one of those people who acts like she doesn't care what people think of her but everything she posts or says is curated to within an inch of its life.

I've seen Sascha only in the company of adults and she was well mannered but it would be hard to have her parents and not be somewhat rotten. The middle kid is a bastard, however, and getting worse as he gets older. The youngest is sweet and kind of dopey.

by Anonymousreply 231December 23, 2019 9:45 PM

R231, does she even get that her entire existence is based on who she married and that no one could possibly give a shit what she otherwise thinks? Maybe that's why she's so nasty. Deep down, she knows all of these famous people hanging with her wouldn't give her the time of day if not for her.

by Anonymousreply 232December 23, 2019 10:06 PM

if not for HIM*

by Anonymousreply 233December 23, 2019 10:07 PM

I don’t know Jessica Seinfeld, but dropping her brand-new bridegroom for Jerry took massive balls. I wonder how much of a dilemma it actually was for her, in her heart. Was it, “Holy shit, there’s something real to this flirtation with Jerry Seinfeld, this is way better than a Nederlander, I could win the jackpot but I’m a newlywed, how do I do this?” If there was any hesitation, did it last for more than a minute?

by Anonymousreply 234December 23, 2019 10:20 PM

I think maybe the three of us in this thread who love Martin Short should send him a Christmas card.

by Anonymousreply 235December 23, 2019 10:24 PM

Love the Carroll Baker story above. Were you cute in the 80s, R223? Maybe that's the reason she insisted on you driving her around.

by Anonymousreply 236December 24, 2019 12:07 AM

My cousin is a make up artist. Al Pacino is a big coke head. Emma Roberts is crazy bitch. Charlize Theron narcissistic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 237December 24, 2019 1:07 AM

Nice story about Dick Wolf. He must have more $$$ than God by this point.

by Anonymousreply 238December 24, 2019 1:33 AM

R223, she's not so tough without her car.

by Anonymousreply 239December 24, 2019 3:29 AM

R237 Emma Roberts crazy bitch? Tell us more

by Anonymousreply 240December 24, 2019 8:02 AM

R240 maybe you should ask her ex boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 24, 2019 11:48 AM

She would beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 242December 24, 2019 2:39 PM

I wanna know what the make up artist has to say about her 241 R237

by Anonymousreply 243December 24, 2019 3:44 PM

So, what are some Oprah stories that have so many people listing her as one of the "worst"?

I'm not defending her, but am curious.

by Anonymousreply 244December 24, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]She would beat the shit out of him.

Considering nepotism is why she even has a career, she's the one who needs a punch in the face.

by Anonymousreply 245December 24, 2019 4:12 PM

Does Jessica Seinfeld get along with her sister, another NY socialite? I'm confused how they both got so plugged in, considering they're randoms from Vermont...

by Anonymousreply 246December 24, 2019 4:22 PM

I can imagine Mrs. Seinfeld introducing herself more as "Do you know who I am?" more than using her actual name.

by Anonymousreply 247December 24, 2019 5:58 PM

My cousin told me they got into a fight the night before and Evan came in looking like crap. Like she had slapped him . She treated him shit. Glad he finally left her, I think she had alot to do with his substance abuse.

by Anonymousreply 248December 24, 2019 6:28 PM

TECHNICALLY, TOM CRUISE is the worst person in hollywood, simply because he has "technically" hurt and abused the most by being the public face of scientology that has and continues to abuse (financially, emotionally, physically) thousands and thousands and HE KNOWS it and turns a blind eye to it and all the while getting his ass royally OBVIOUSLY inappropriate, unethically, immorally kissed 24/7 for over 3 decades now!..

by being the best friend of the sociopath leader, the phrase "as if he pulled the trigger" is perfectly apt for cruise!..

oh yeah, and he's also a dead beat father who hasn't seen his youngest daughter Suri in 8 years and counting too!...

by Anonymousreply 249December 24, 2019 6:34 PM

I agree with 249. Hate Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 250December 24, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote] oh yeah, and he's also a dead beat father who hasn't seen his youngest daughter Suri in 8 years and counting too!

Yeah, that's so totally rare, hard to think of worse things, people have done.

by Anonymousreply 251December 24, 2019 6:54 PM

Not that I give a shit about Cruise one way or the other, but how would you know if he sees his daughter?

by Anonymousreply 252December 24, 2019 6:58 PM

I don't like Tom Cruise personally, but he makes some very entertaining movies. MI6 was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 253December 24, 2019 7:05 PM

R153 Why the 'Midwesterner' dis? Now who's the cunt?

by Anonymousreply 254December 24, 2019 7:21 PM

R244 I don't know anything about Oprah's behaviour (she seems nice) but she does compete with Brie Larson for the worst feet in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Brie Larson has bad feet?

by Anonymousreply 256December 24, 2019 9:00 PM

Hmm, surprised Corey Feldman hasn’t been mentioned yet. He has tried to profit off the exploitation of kids, and all evidence suggests he’s been chickenhawking since his teens. He idolises dead rapist creeps like Hefner, uses hard drugs around minors (when he claims to be decades sober), sexually assaults employees, cheats fans out of money with sob stories, and has even recruited vulnerable broke young women into a cult where he starved them and stole from them. He’s really grimy and a total user, even to people he allegedly loves. The insanity and delusions of grandeur that create his horrific brand of “music” is just the cherry on top.

His ex-wife Suzie once actually apologised to Judy Haim for the way she behaved while she was married to Feldman (about nine years), putting Judy’s son and so-called close family friend Corey (Haim) through Hell just to make a buck on reality TV. Suzie notably dropped the Feldman name instantly after signing the divorce and took a tiny amount in child support just to escape Corey’s cray quicker. When even your nobody stripper wife divorces you in shame and tells you to beat it because she’s gladly going back to the breadline and into obscurity to get away from you, you know you’re a lizard person. Feldman’s first wife Vanessa Marcil pretends they were never together and never even knew each other to this day (and who could blame her?)

Feldman is also a Tinseltown deadbeat Dad, though that’s probably for the best and I’m sure preteen Zen Sprague is actually relieved his psycho addict sex-crazed ped0-enabling father isn’t any part of his life.

by Anonymousreply 257December 24, 2019 9:42 PM

Here's Julia Roberts in the "A Low Vera" t-shirt. IIRC, Vera (wife of Danny Moder) wouldn't roll over and die when Moder wanted a divorce. Julia was definitely shooting fish in a barrel, taking candy from a baby, etc. It really was a bully move. In more recent photos, Roberts and Moder look miserable, IMO.

Jerry Seinfeld: poaches on a newlywed woman. Both despicable (him and Jessica).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 24, 2019 10:24 PM

R256 I'm afraid so. She can't help it but that fungal infection is nasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 24, 2019 10:47 PM

Yeesh, why would she wear open-toed with feet like that?

by Anonymousreply 260December 24, 2019 11:02 PM

[Quote] Feldman’s first wife Vanessa Marcil pretends they were never together and never even knew each other to this day (and who could blame her?)

Holy shit I did not know that. She must not have great taste in men because BAG doesn't seem like a prize either.

by Anonymousreply 261December 24, 2019 11:20 PM

Michael Bay seems unpleasant. And worse, talentless.

by Anonymousreply 262December 24, 2019 11:29 PM

R258 and she stitched the lettering herself! Can you imagine that scene of herself so pleased with what she was doing? The time and commitment it took?! Horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 263December 24, 2019 11:46 PM

I can't stand Roberts and that hand-embroidered t-shirt was a nasty if not downright sociopathic move on her part but the notion of 'husband-stealing' is pretty ridiculous-- it's not as if Julia held a gun to the guy's head.

I do think that the whole t-shirt episode should have given Mr. Moder pause, though. Is a person who would spend time and effort embroidering a shirt with a personalized 'fuck you' really the sort of person you want to be shackled to for the rest of your life?

by Anonymousreply 264December 25, 2019 12:45 AM

OP - Emma Stone is a doll. I wish she'd come out though. Maybe once her career is in decline.

by Anonymousreply 265December 25, 2019 1:06 AM

Moder was probably bought and paid for by Julia via he and his previous wife’s divorce settlement, hence the tee-shirt.

Still, truly done in poor taste by Roberts. Pay the ex wife, and get on with it. After all, no way did Julia passively and innocently fall prey to Danny’s charms and devotion, making it impossible to resist his advances.

Julia’s known to be as aggressive as fuck, in order to get who she wants. I see nothing wrong with that if both parties involved are mutually attracted to each other, wanting the same things: sex and/or a possible LTR. At least she puts it all out on the table, and most straight men who aren’t into courtship games and manipulations from the women they’re interested in, appreciate this. So no shame in the no games approach.

That said, Moder’s wife wasn’t some disposable thing, and while no amount of money can replace the man you love, the rich bitch who took him off your hands, can at the very least do you a solid, and make things a helluva lot easier by being a tad more generou$ than usual.

The tee shirt was gross. You want some random chick’s husband, whom she depends on partially for her financial stability and wellbeing? OK, no problem. Pay up, and do so with a smile on your face, because barring morality or other peripheral shit, the optics on that whole scene were horrible, and typical “Princess Julia” entitlement, as most in HW already know.

by Anonymousreply 266December 25, 2019 1:25 AM

R266, Julia's half-sister left a suicide letter that eviscerated her.

by Anonymousreply 267December 25, 2019 1:33 AM

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think that the vast majority of actors and actresses are bad people. Vain and very needy perhaps. That being said, Bijou Phillips and Danny Masterson are absolutely vile. Positively putrid individuals.

by Anonymousreply 268December 25, 2019 1:50 AM

Did Moder have children with his first wife?

by Anonymousreply 269December 25, 2019 2:01 AM

Can we shut the fuck up about Julia Roberts? It's been covered, move on.

by Anonymousreply 270December 25, 2019 2:07 AM

^Julia

by Anonymousreply 271December 25, 2019 2:54 AM

[Quote] and Danny Masterson are absolutely vile. Positively putrid individuals.

When is he going to jail?

by Anonymousreply 272December 25, 2019 3:32 AM

r255 Oprah has 6 fuckin toes on her left foot!

by Anonymousreply 273December 25, 2019 4:09 AM

R246 good question about Frau Seinfeld and her sister. I’m always fascinated by women who manage inexplicably to attract rich, famous men.

by Anonymousreply 274December 25, 2019 4:43 AM

Massive bunion, R273, but it does look like a toe.

Isn't there surgery for that?

by Anonymousreply 275December 25, 2019 4:45 AM

If you ever watched Oprah After The Show or Oprah Behind The Scenes, she used to walk round HARPO studios barefoot, put heels on to record the show, then the minute it was over, take them off again. She must have bad sore feet.

by Anonymousreply 276December 25, 2019 4:59 AM

Gayle, have the DataLounge shut down. They've discovered my sixth toe superpower.

by Anonymousreply 277December 25, 2019 5:00 AM

Steadman, why can't I have a foot transplant? I'm Oprah. I have money

by Anonymousreply 278December 25, 2019 5:01 AM

Not only does Oprah not do stairs, Oprah no longer walks at all. Oprah is transported everywhere in a gold golf buggy.

by Anonymousreply 279December 25, 2019 5:03 AM

R275 bunion surgery doesn't sound like fun.

[Quote] There are different types of surgeries to correct a bunion. Bringing the big toe back to its correct position may involve realigning bone, ligaments, tendons, and nerves.

by Anonymousreply 280December 25, 2019 5:53 AM

They basically break the bones in the foot, then reset them. It’s really just deformity from poorly shaped shoes, combined with a genetic predisposition for malleable toe bones.

So if you have your bunions done it’s like healing from broken feet. It’s apparently quite painful and you can be laid up for two weeks or so healing.

Christina Hendricks has horrible bunions. Many women do, but it’s not just a female problem — Jon Hamm has them too.

by Anonymousreply 281December 25, 2019 6:08 AM

"Christina Hendricks has horrible bunions. Many women do, but it’s not just a female problem — Jon Hamm has them too."

So does Kathie Lee Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 282December 25, 2019 10:33 AM

Michelle Yeoh, Tilda Swinton, Alfre Woodard, Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi all have really bad bunions. As posters above have said its pretty common in women - and yes men get them too.

by Anonymousreply 283December 25, 2019 10:47 AM

Thanks r282 — you made me look. So I googled and there is an entire website dedicated to Kathy Lee’s feet. Internet, don’t ever stop being you.

KLG does have bunions but they look prettt mild to me, at least compared to, say, Christina Hendricks.

by Anonymousreply 284December 25, 2019 2:06 PM

R252: to answer your question about how do I or anyone knows cruise doesn't see suri?

name the one single photo or video taken by ANYONE ANYWHERE of cruise not only with suri, but even arriving or leaving anywhere near suri is/has been? YOU CAN'T!...

name the one single time katie knowing the rumors that cruise doesn't see suri has defended him (regardless how she feels about him now, simply for the sake of their daughter's well being)AND has told the world that he DOES see her! YOU CAN'T!..

CRUISE under oath shortly after the divorce from holmes, during his lawsuit with "in touch" magazine when they had a front cover story about cruise abandoning suri admitted even then under oath he hadn't seen Suri in over 4 months...

Cruise has been making movies back to back to back to back for years now AND not once has Suri been seen with him on any of these sets (when he was with holmes suri did visit him on sets)...

and lastly, his cult has their disconnection policy!

by Anonymousreply 285December 25, 2019 4:33 PM

OK, enough about bunions (Oprah's, et al) and Julia Roberts. This thread became boring very quickly and it could have been so much fun!

by Anonymousreply 286December 25, 2019 7:19 PM

R26 I'm weirdly fascinated by Jessica Seinfeld too because she is nothing special (she's not a great beauty, and doesn't seem all that accomplished or interesting) yet landed two wealthy, connected men.

Fun fact: Her real name is Nina Danielle Sklar. Who changes their name from Nina to Jessica? And why?

by Anonymousreply 287December 25, 2019 7:46 PM

She must give amazing head.

by Anonymousreply 288December 25, 2019 7:51 PM

Like Wallis S.

by Anonymousreply 289December 25, 2019 7:51 PM

Jeremy Renner. Likes to bite his daughter. Awful singer. Amazon straight man camping ad, coke head, Tag movie.

by Anonymousreply 290December 25, 2019 11:14 PM

R287, She could have gone with Pinta or Santa Maria.

by Anonymousreply 291December 26, 2019 1:39 AM

Dead at R290

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 26, 2019 1:58 PM

R287 Any relation to those (supposed) comics, the Sklar twins? Also, whatever happened to Jerry's first love - the 14 year old girl named Shoshonna???

by Anonymousreply 293December 26, 2019 6:25 PM

R293 She became a clothing designer for women with large breasts . A bikini she designed with a cherry print was the hot item for summer 2001. I remember this because my little sister saved up to buy one.

According to Wikipedia, she married some other rich guy, had kids with him and divorced him. Wikipedia also says that her an Seinfeld started dating when she was 17, but I seem to recall gossip sites saying she was younger than that.

by Anonymousreply 294December 26, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote] She became a clothing designer for women with large breasts . A bikini she designed with a cherry print was the hot item for summer 2001.

That is literally what Sharise Neil, Vince Neil’s ex-wife and former mud-wrestler, chose as a career after their divorce. Her close friend Bobbie Jean Brown, the cherry pie girl of Warrant’s video and DL fave Jani Lane’s Rx-wife, designed a cherry-print lingerie for Sharise’s beachwear line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 26, 2019 8:05 PM

I knew a nun who had 4.

by Anonymousreply 296December 26, 2019 10:57 PM

Last year Shoshanna's clothing line celebrated its 20th anniversary. She gave an interview where she talked about the cherry print bikini. What's interesting is that she claims that nobody was doing cherry print stuff, but as R295 Jani Lane did.

Perhaps Shoshanna is a plagiarist like Jessica?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 30, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]That being said, Bijou Phillips and Danny Masterson are absolutely vile.

When Mackenzie Phillips is the sane one, you know somebody done fucked up big time in that family, and that somebody is Papa John.

by Anonymousreply 298December 30, 2019 12:34 AM

Shoshanna is a sweetheart.

Cherries aren’t intellectual property, and using them isn’t an infringement.

Think Apple vs. Apple Records.

I under that the cherry concept regarding these bikinis both fall under the same category, however, anyone can use cherries on their designs.

by Anonymousreply 299January 2, 2020 12:51 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2021 5:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!