Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karens like Mayor Pete because he looks like the manager they want to speak to

Young diminutive nonthreatening obsequious corporate gay man.

Beto was too aware of his charm, Sanders/Warren/Biden are too senior and authoritative, and you know Harris and Klobuchar would give you pushback for trying to use that expired coupon. Not Mayor Pete. “Yes Ma’am we’ll be happy to apply that discount to your purchase.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2019 10:45 AM

Great analysis!

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 10:52 AM

why do the blacks not like him? they homo phobic???

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 10:53 AM

People respond and vote emotionally so OP is not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 10:58 AM

Fifth nasty thread about Pete by this same OP in the past week. Gurl, I know you create a full quarter of all DL threads, but you really ought to get some fresh air now and then.

r2 The black voters are still unfamiliar with him. His unfamiliarity is at 60% in South Carolina, per the latest poll.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 11:00 AM

[quote] why do the blacks not like him?

Because he looks like the manager of a CVS who would racially profile them while shopping.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 11:03 AM

Do dogs and cats like Mayor Pete? What about children? Do children love him?

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 11:26 AM

His and Chasten's dogs have popular Instagram accounts of their own. Pet lovers love Pete.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 11:28 AM

Children are wary of him due to his vague resemblance to the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 11:32 AM

Now, every time there's a thread about Mayor Pete wearing a slightly stretched white shirt I find myself searching for his nipples

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 11:38 AM

[quote]The black voters are still unfamiliar with him. His unfamiliarity is at 60% in South Carolina, per the latest poll.

They can’t be unfamiliar with him, and then also claim that he’s a racist and that they don’t like his policies.

Because we hear all three explanations, and blacks can’t have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 12:11 PM

I don't like this guy's act, but they buy his act. That's why they like him. He is selling false hope. A kinder, gentler world. Yeah right. What his gullible fans never stopped to realize is that the so-called hate and division will stop once Trump is out of office. It doesn't matter who replaces him. There is nothing special about Pete. He will not bring the country together. Once Trump is out, people will be relieved and then go back to hating each other and discriminating. Straight white people think they are the center of the universe, but they're wrong. And the country is becoming less white no matter if there is a white person in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 12:17 PM

A closeted Corey would have been a walking time bomb. I am disappointed Kamala flamed out.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 12:26 PM

Why do blacks have a reputation for being phobic?

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 1:05 PM

I never understood it, we both are minoritys, but seems to be the case. is it a macho thing???

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 2:01 PM

R2 - maybe. But, also his record as Mayor of South Bend doesn't give warm fuzzies to some folks. Same for Sen. Harris.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 2:06 PM

the question is why do ethnics have a history of being anti gay??

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 2:18 PM

OP: Not Mayor Pete. “Yes Ma’am we’ll be happy to apply that discount to your purchase.”

So...Pete politely makes the sale/closes the deal, the customer is happy and will return. Everybody wins.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]So...Pete politely makes the sale/closes the deal, the customer is happy and will return. Everybody wins.

Not the salesclerks.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote]Pete politely makes the sale/closes the deal, the customer is happy and will return.

A middle-manager like Pete doesn’t have that kind of autonomy.

Pete’s actual response: “I’m sorry ma’am. Our policy is not to accept expired discount coupons.”

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 7:34 PM

It's curious how many bordering on homophobic threads are about him on a gay site.

Who needs far right loonies when you have other gays to attack you?

But one thing is for sure, the ones who laugh about the unknown gay mayor of a small village don't laugh anymore, they thought he would be irrelevant in no time, they were wrong

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 7:38 PM

Quit trying to make “Karens” happen, troll.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 11:04 PM

Successful gay men make me angry!!! Why am I stuck folding shirts at Aeropostale and he's running for president?

And fraus make me angry too. They get to marry men and they can stop working and cook and bake and decorate to their hearts content

Woe is me, Life Is NOT Fair

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 11:08 PM

God, you Liz fanatics are getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2019 11:16 PM

they thought he would be irrelevant in no time, they were wrong...

And they'll be wrong again about many things like the black vote or being so bottom. They are nonthinkers.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote] or being so bottom

???

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2019 12:46 AM

pete will win and blow the lid off the charges from blacks of how 'he aint tha right one'....

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2019 10:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!