Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Dunwich Horror" (1970) with Dean Stockwell and Sandra Dee

Anyone seen this acid-trip of a movie? I caught it the other night and it was ridiculously campy, but it had some disturbing imagery and the whole thing frankly felt like a fever dream. It was apparently Sandra Dee's attempt to destroy her goody-two-shoes child star reputation, though I'm not sure it really worked. I've never thought much of Dean Stockwell's looks, but I found him rather hot in this, save the mustache. I am not familiar with H. P. Lovecraft—for those who are, is it at all a faithful adaptation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 1:45 AM

Dead Stockwell was always incredible handsome, in the James Dean/Anthony Perkins mould.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 1:12 AM

The original story was much more disturbing and the details overall were far more horrific. There was no love story or appearance of one.

I don't think Lovecraft has ever been faithfully adapted.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 1:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!