Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

IRS whistleblower case advances as Senate staff looks at whether political appointee meddled with audit of Trump or Pence

Two senators are looking into a whistleblower’s allegations that at least one political appointee at the Treasury Department may have tried to interfere with an audit of President Trump or Vice President Pence, according to two people with knowledge of the matter, a sign that lawmakers are moving to investigate the complaint lodged by a senior staffer at the Internal Revenue Service.

Staff members for Sens. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ron Wyden (Ore.), the chairman and ranking Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, met with the IRS whistleblower earlier this month, those people said. Follow-up interviews are expected to further explore the whistleblower’s allegations.

It could not be learned to what extent the senators consider the whistleblower a credible source. Trump administration officials have previously played down the complaint’s significance and suggested that it is politically motivated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2019 5:16 PM

Another whistleblower.

Thankfully everyone isn't on board with whatever this fascist leader does

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 5:15 PM

I don’t think I like this new “whistleblower” culture. Everyone’s always telling on everyone else. What happened to loyalty and minding your own beeswax? When I was growing up and one of us kids tried tattling on another, Mother would always say “snitches get stitches,” and that’s the child who got in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 5:53 PM

Um, these whistleblowers are saving the country from becoming an autocracy

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 5:57 PM

I’m just talking about whistleblowers in general.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 5:59 PM

This is interesting, but it’s not clear what the whistleblower’s complaint was. Was the official trying to stop the audit?

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 6:00 PM

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote]Mother would always say “snitches get stitches,”

Someone should've stitched up "Mother's" snatch so you wouldn't be here!

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2019 3:32 AM

Another article of impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Your mother would tell little kids that "snitches get stitches," i.e. they would get shot or knifed or something for tattling, and they would deserve it?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2019 3:11 PM

You know how to whistle. Just put your lips together and blow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2019 4:15 PM

^Jesus, a face that could stop a clock.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2019 4:20 PM

My mother said, "Always tell the truth." Were you born in the maternity wing of a prison?

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2019 4:48 PM

R2's mother:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2019 4:52 PM

[quote]Were you born in the maternity wing of a prison?

Mother also use to say: You wanna live? Carry a shiv.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2019 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!