Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rep. Eric Swalwell appears to fart on live TV

Here’s one act he had no problem passing.

A congressman from California became the butt of everyone’s joke for appearing to fart on live television Monday night.

Rep. Eric Swalwell was mid-sentence on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” when it sounded like he let ‘er rip.

“Chris, so far the evidence is uncontradicted that the president used taxpayer dollars to help him cheat —” Swalwell says with a pause, as the noise is clearly heard, “— an election.”

But the 39-year-old Democrat, who’s been in Congress since 2013 and sits on the House Judiciary Committee, was quick to deny the apparent tummy troubles.

“It was not me!!!!!” he texted a BuzzFeed News reporter. “Ha. And I didn’t hear it when I was speaking.”

Twitter users cried foul.

“It is real you can tell the pause he takes to push it out,” one person wrote.

Another noted, “The slight pause as he realizes he can’t hold it in any longer is pure gold.”

“Hardball” issued its own cheeky explanation, blaming the fart faux pas on a production snafu.

“Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists – it was the #hardball mug scraping across the desk,” the show’s Twitter page posted. “Get yours today and let’s get back to the news!”

By Tuesday morning, #fartgate was trending on social media.

Swalwell rolled with the punches, retweeting “Hardball’s” response and quipping “TOTAL EXONERATION!” as well as “This, too, shall pass…” in response to Chrissy Teigen’s post, “no it’s a fart don’t ruin this.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2019 9:51 PM

He's the wind beneath my wings.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 2:47 PM

What are you ?....12 OP ?

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 2:56 PM

He's a man after my own fart.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 2:57 PM

He's a work o'fart!

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 2:59 PM

[quote]What are you ?....12 OP ?

No, I'm not 12 OP, I'm just one OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 3:00 PM

OP, R2, Well at least now voters know his name. I've read about this "incident" all over the internet.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 3:03 PM

He's smart to laugh it off regardless.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 3:07 PM

Chris Matthews is notorious for burpling and slurping and gasping and coughing and wheezing and sniffling and snorting regularly on live TV yet it's Rep. Swalwell who lets a loud fart rip and not Mr. Matthews. OK.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 3:09 PM

Nothing to hear here. This will all blow over.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2019 3:26 PM

It sounds like a lot of hot air to me, but they should get to the bottom of it. Something stinks here.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2019 3:30 PM

He’s an old, old, 39. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2019 3:42 PM

Did you see how clever the right-wing is? They called him Fartwell. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fartwell. Get it?

That's like Larry the Cable Guy-level hilarity!

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 3:54 PM

What flavor did it smell like?

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 3:57 PM

Does anyone else think he's really cute?

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2019 5:48 AM

Swalwell looks like a serial farter. Like the weird kid in class who farted and ate glue.

His hole must be LOOSE, for him not to have any control over his farting.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote]lAnd I didn’t hear it when I was speaking.”

If he didn’t hear it then why did he pause to let the sound out before he resumed speaking again?

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2019 6:38 AM

E! News slowed it down and the timing of the fart sound (happened during a brief pause as he was talking) is evidence in favor of him being the fart source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2019 6:53 AM

R13. Cookies.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2019 7:05 AM

R17 showing how we have another Zapruder film

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2019 2:26 PM

would this be like Howard Dean's scream?

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2019 2:30 PM

Leave him alone, you know that Trump is probably 100x more flatulent than this guy on his worst day. I’d say that Chuck Todd is letting them rip during commercial breaks, but he’s so anal retentive that it’s all being kept inside.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2019 2:44 PM

It happens.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2019 7:49 PM

That fart is not as bad as Devin Nunes' explosive diarrhea. That fart destroyed Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2019 4:37 PM

Becky Conner pulled this stunt during an ASSembly.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2019 4:43 AM

I farted today, too. I just wasn’t on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2019 4:52 AM

This is what he'll be known for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2019 3:08 PM

R26 yes! How embarrassing for him. It was so obvious he was the culprit. While tooting his voice pauses. I’m surprised he held his composure so well.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2019 3:30 PM

For me, he'll be remembered for calling out Nunes right in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2019 3:31 PM

Is this just a ploy for him to get a Beano commercial?

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2019 3:53 PM

Why is it embarrassing R27? Everyone farts. In fact, right this very minute, thousands of people are publicly farting.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2019 3:57 PM

Beans beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot the more you toot the better you feel so eat your beans at every meal!

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2019 4:37 PM

#FARTWELL

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2019 6:14 PM

A huge breach of decorum, what a dirty fucking bugger!

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2019 5:39 PM

I love the clip of Regis farting and Kelly Ripa trying not to laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2019 9:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!