Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Video downloader advice

Mac Video downloader is the one I was advised to try. It seems to have a fatal bug and will not open. The free Firefox extension to download does not work.

I am NOT a techie and need the simplest easiest video downloader out there for a Mac.

Any advice.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2019 2:08 PM

Just move on to Windows as there's no good download helpers for MAC. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 2:06 PM

Problem not solved. Windows is like Mac's slow stupid cousin.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 2:09 PM

More and more sites that host videos are making the videos incapable of being downloaded.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Thus the problem R3

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 2:26 PM

Anyone with a legit idea.?

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 8:06 PM

It really depends what you're trying to to download....So, what format is it & where is it?

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 8:10 PM

Yeah, what are you trying to download?

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 8:13 PM

Just use a screen recorder like movavi.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 8:22 PM

r8, terrible advice. Unless OP is hoping for an absolutely garbage quality copy of whatever video he wants.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2019 8:31 PM

1. Use Mozilla Firefox as your browser. 2. Install the extension "Download Video and Flash"

This extension works on ~90% of websites with videos. (Youtube is difficult but there are other extensions that will work.. I don't use them so I can't recommend).

[bold]Bonus[/bold]- to download twitter vids use "twittervideodownloader" (look it up).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Naked sword is the site and the Mozilla extension does not work.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2019 9:38 PM

youtube-dl will download almost anything. If you're not comfortable with the command line, search github for youtube-dl and GUI versions of the app will come up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 9:41 PM

4k Video Downloader, OP. Ignore the other responses on here -this is all you need. I'm on a Macbook, it never fails me and it is used independently of any browser. Look for 4kdownload dot com.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 9:42 PM

R13 Thank you for that, unfortunately it only works with a different level of Mac and mine is too old.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 8:52 AM

So far I have downloaded 6 different programs including in browser options and found none that actually worked.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2019 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!