Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thanksgiving Survival Thread: What are your plans? And what is going down?

Thanksgiving plans, drama and what is going down? This is Thanksgiving Survival Thread. Share, vent, rant, what ever you need to do, you pretties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2019 12:45 AM

Drunk

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 1:36 AM

Just stay as far away as possible.

Just a phone call will save you a world of awful.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 1:41 AM

BF and I have decided to go away. Booked a lovely dinner at an elegant restaurant. We had initially planned to bring his elderly mother to my family gathering, as we have for the past several years. However, we found out that his narcissistic, emotionally unhinged sister is coming to visit her mother and bringing various deadbeat adult spawn with her. She only visits once or twice a year and creates chaos and drama every time so this year I want no part of it. My family has met her and completely understand why we want to leave town.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Avoiding family by traveling out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 6:06 PM

I haven't seen my Mom in around 6 months so right now I am looking forward to it. I am sure one day after being there I'll be singing a different tune.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 6:16 PM

Survive this week and next first. Starting Thursday (so prepping now) the house will be torn apart to install new windows, hopefully done by Saturday but the forecast isn't promising.

Having the first shot of the Shingrex vaccine Tuesday. My internist says it hurt like hell when he got it but is nonetheless necessary. At least the windows will be in.

Wednesday I have physical therapy for my knee. I love Denise, my physical therapist, but not so much what I have to do there.

On the day itself, nothing. By then I'll be eating Aleve, not turkey. At least we won't be driving or flying.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Every year, I host Thanksgiving at my house for my parents (now just my mother) and hopefully one or two of my favorite cousins. My grandmother died last year, so now my mother has invited her two socially-maladjusted brothers who still lived "at home" with my grandmother to my house. One has undiagnosed Tourettes and who-knows-what-else, the other is a nice guy but...odd.

It's going to be deeply uncomfortable and I'm hoping for a freak ice storm to keep them at home.

Once that's done, I'll be signing up for my free month of Netflix so I can watch The Irishman and The Crown and hope not to move from the sofa.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 6:26 PM

I might bring a flask into the VFW hall where the Baptist Thanksgiving takes place because it’s so boring.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 6:56 PM

r3 here. My bf's sister had the nerve to email him a list of everything he needed to buy for Thanksgiving Dinner because she doesn't want to shop when she arrives on Wednesday. The good person that he is, he will take his mother grocery shopping on Sunday to buy everything, and of course sister assumes he or their mother will pay for everything. He is a better man than me, I would have told her we aren't going to be there and she can go get it all herself or have it delivered.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 1:13 PM

Let the countdown begin.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Blessed alone time. Family is on another continent and I hate my immediate coworkers.

I want to see and here no one.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2019 7:18 PM

Hear...

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2019 7:32 PM

I was invited to two dinners. One in a house with three kids under 13. The second, with two elderly sisters, Told both that I have a tentative agreement with the other and won't know until next week, On Monday will call both and tell them I'm going to the other. Truth be told ... will stay home, order in, and watch videos all day.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2019 8:06 PM

My elderly neighbor and I will be dining at a local Italian eatery. Knowing him, he'll insist on getting a traditional turkey dinner, but I'll order the lasagna.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2019 12:09 AM

Dinner at a restaurant Wednesday with my mom and brother. Thursday night my sister will come into town for a few days. Pretty low key stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2019 12:23 AM

Most of you remind me why I usually prefer to spend Thanksgiving without the stress and drama of undiplomatic others. At least I won't be tempted to overeat.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2019 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!