Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British actor Laurence Fox calls Meghan and Harry ultra woke hypocrites

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2020 6:38 PM

Banned by his record label? But isn't his music self released?

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2019 5:01 PM

Is pingy Freddie Fox his brother or his cousin?

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2019 5:04 PM

Laurence Fox is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2019 5:07 PM

He wore a MAGA hat around London. Fuck that right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2019 5:11 PM

Of course he's right. But he'll be skewered for dare speaking the truth.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2019 5:11 PM

R2 Cousin

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2019 5:13 PM

R3 Why?

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2019 5:14 PM

Is he saying that wearing a sexy dress is counter to the Time's Up ethos?

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2019 5:17 PM

Eh, he seems douchey. Who cares if what they're wearing is revealing. Doesn't mean they're "asking for it."

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2019 5:23 PM

He has a large penis, so he's right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2019 5:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2019 5:28 PM

Fantastic photo r11!!

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2019 5:38 PM

Florid faced drunken douche.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2019 6:14 PM

I remember reading an article not long ago talking about the fact that more and more UK actors are coming from posh, wealthy backgrounds, because arts education funding keeps getting cut (among other reasons) and working/middle class people are increasingly being shut out of the profession. Laurence Fox, who was handed a career thanks to his esteemed and successful family, was interviewed for it and basically said, too fucking bad.

Fuck that guy.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2019 6:24 PM

Judging by his face, which looks like a walking ad for Summer's Eve, I'm going to say no, he's definitely not right.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2019 6:40 PM

The story claims that JOANNA DAVID is his mother

WRONG.

It is true that JAMES FOX is Laurence's father.

But JOANNA DAVID is married to EDWARD FOX, not JAMES FOX.. Hence, she is Laurence's aunt, not his mother.

EMILIA FOX is the daughter of EDWARD FOX and JOANNA DAVID.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2019 7:08 PM

His younger brother Jack (at left) is much better looking.

And posts a lot of shirtless-and-very-ripped Instagram stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2019 10:08 PM

The Fox family is a dynasty going back 50 years to Samson Fox (1838 –1903) who donated most of the cost of building the Royal College of Music in London. It includes— James Fox who's appeared in movies since 1952!.

Edward Fox who was handsome in the 80s but seems to be a doddering eccentric now.

The RAPACIOUS Celestia Fox who has a nepotistic stranglehold on casting the important films and all the Merchant-Ivory films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2019 10:53 PM

R14 That article was from the hypocritical, censorious Guardian.

Being a movie star is NOT a basic Human Right.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2019 11:14 PM

This man is not your typical Luvvie.

He's right about Harry and his freeloading wife being hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2019 11:19 PM

He’s not the brightest bulb. He has continually mocked Morse and Lewis since he was cast.

I’m glad Billie Piper got out of dodge.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2019 11:37 PM

Billie Piper was hopeless in that Jane Austen thing. She was trussed up badly in all that 1810s gear and she looked like a cheap prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2019 11:41 PM

Love Billie Piper! Fabulous in Yerma. I’m sure she drew on her fractured marriage for inspiration.

I’m sure “Lozza” is incredibly jealous of her success and Olivier award while he is a supporting bit part 9th on the call sheet several seasons in on a BBC costume bore.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Billie Piper can only appear in modern-day roles.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2019 11:56 PM

r8, yes he is.

Laurence Fox says that the women wearing sexy dresses at the #TimesUp Golden Globes ceremony means gave the impression that they want to be cornered by Harvey Weinstein as he masturbates into a potted plant.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2019 12:03 AM

He's probably grumpy because he's just finally shaken off that buck-toothed golddigger who wanted fame by marrying into the Fox Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Meghan and Harry are of course hypocrites, but who is this guy again? Ex-Mr Billie Piper?

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2019 2:49 AM

Oh Christ, not the unhinged Celestia Fox troll again at R18.

[quote]Being a movie star is NOT a basic Human Right.

Absolutely no one is saying it is - way to misrepresent the situation. The UK has a long tradition of gifted actors who came from working-class or poor backgrounds, and whose opportunities to get training and enter the profession came through state-supported arts education and funding, theatres, scholarships, etc. Now with those being cut and the cost of living in or near London where all this is based being astronomical, more and more of those people are being shut out of even the possibility of becoming an actor...while wealthy and connected twats basically take over the profession by sheer economics. It's a bad thing for the arts as well as for human potential.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2019 4:53 AM

[Quote] But JOANNA DAVID is married to EDWARD FOX, not JAMES FOX.. Hence, she is Laurence's aunt, not his mother.

If the Foxs are anything like the Jacksons...

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2019 10:52 AM

[quote] while wealthy and connected twats basically take over the profession by sheer economics. It's a bad thing for the arts as well as for human potential.

Oh, pish-posh. I, for one, vehemently disagree. Now, if you excuse me, I’m late for my reunion dinner in the great halls of my Cambridge alma mater, where I got a double-first in Classics. Ta!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2019 11:09 AM

Don't know much about his ex, Bille Piper, except that I hate the name "Billie" and that she apparently gave the greatest stage performance in the history of the universe. Seriously, look at these reviews, my word, they've run out of superlatives. I'm guess she did a lot of ragged screaming and ugly crying. Anyone know more about this play?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Suffice to say the claim that Billie Piper was using Laurence Fox in a bid for fame is beyond laughable.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2019 11:59 PM

who gives him the knighthood for services to honesty? Charles or William?

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 12:05 AM

He was very sexy as Hathaway in Lewis, whom he played somewhat sexually ambiguous, or rather it was written that way, and whom he referred to as Half-a-gay. He's a standard old fashioned posh Tory, comes by it honestly, unlike that Mogg fellow, and I love him. Even though he's not the beauty he once was. Horse faced beauty, and horse hung.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote] I hate the name "Billie"

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 12:27 AM

This Billie woman is only 'famous' because she was in that English TV show for eternal adolescents called Dr Who.

Dr Who is designed for what the English call 'Anorak-wearers' and the Americans call 'Shut-in-incels'.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 12:32 AM

Her parents legally changed her name from Leian (which is pretty) to Billie when she was about six months old. Yuck! What on earth led to that decision?

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 12:37 AM

What relation is he to Megan Fox, and to Fox Mulder?

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2019 12:42 AM

[Quote] This Billie woman is only 'famous' because she was in that English TV show for eternal adolescents called Dr Who.

No. She was a teen pop star. Then she transitioned to acting. She's had a few hit TV shows, not just one. And she's done quite well on stage. She's been consistently high profile since her teens.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2019 12:46 AM

The late Billie Whitelaw had a rather simian mouth but it wasn't as extreme as Billie Piper's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2019 1:09 AM

Piper's Martha will probably be better reviewed than Whitelaw's.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2019 1:14 AM

Auditions for the Virtue Signaling Olympics--left this way, right that way. Centrists down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2019 1:18 AM

Billie is one of the most respected theatre actors of her generation.

Her ex husband is only famous for some lame TV detective series that old people watch, and pulling MAGA stunts.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2019 1:19 AM

He needs to release some new cock shots.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2019 1:20 AM

I’ll bet Laurence was NEVER a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2019 1:22 AM

R31, R43 So you've seen her in Yerma. Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2019 1:35 AM

R28 You are obviously too unimportant to have had any personal contact with 'the extraordinary duchess' Miss Celestia Fox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2019 3:43 AM

R28 You say the 'UK has a long tradition of gifted actors who came from working-class or poor backgrounds', and whose opportunities to get training and enter the profession came through state-supported arts education and funding, theatres, scholarships, etc."

That "long tradition" started in the 1960s when British theatre came under the influence of scabby Joan Littlewood, Bertolt Brecht and Helene Weigel, below). They loved 'Alienation Theatre' and Theatre of the Ridiculous'.

The UK audience soon grew tired of it all and stayed away in droves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2019 5:50 AM

[quote] Billie is one of the most respected theatre actors of her generation.

How can Piper be “one of the most respected theatre actors” when she doesn’t even consistently do theatre and barely appears on stage? She’s almost 40 and she’s only done ca. 5 (!) plays in her whole lifetime career. Her theatre career can be counted on one hand. She’s worked more as a TV actress and is therefore more known for that.

Someone like Mark Rylance, who’s been part of the RSC and practically lived on stage, is “one of the most respected actors of his generation”.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2019 6:09 AM

*theatre actors of his generation

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2019 6:10 AM

Because she’s that good.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2019 6:20 AM

He's awfully snarky for someone whose dick smells like 100 year old blue cheese.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2019 6:35 AM

One flash-in-the-pan well-reviewed performance is not consistent enough to be considered “one of the best of her generation”.

It’s like saying Jennifer Hudson is “one of the best film actors of her generation”. Sure, she got an Oscar for one film - but she’s hardly been consistent. More like a one-hit-wonder.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2019 6:42 AM

Please, I bet most of you don’t even live in London and have never seen Piper onstage.

She has not done one “flash in the pan” performance, what rot. Yerma was one of the definitive acting performances of the decade, and hardly her only stage role. Her role in my friend’s play The Effect was also extraordinary.

Besides “of her generation” implies relative youth. Rylance (who I have had the privilege of receiving what amounts to a private acting performance from) is not a fair comparison has he’s old enough to be her father and has had time to build up a more substantial body of work.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2019 8:00 AM

I've seen Piper in 3 productions and she was better than anything I have seen on stage from Hayley Atwell, Rebecca Hall, Keira Knightley, Rosalie Craig and Gemma Arterton.

There are heaps of great actresses like Patsy Ferran. Piper is definitely with her in the top league.

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Besides she’s still a thousand times more respected as an actor than Fox, despite their huge disparity in upbringing and privilege

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Billie may be better than Rosalie Nobody, Hayley Somebody, Gemma Somebody, Rebecca and Patsy Nobody.

But Billie being better than the ghastly Keira Knightley is no praise at all.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2019 8:15 AM

“one of the best of her generation”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2019 8:17 AM

Huh? No one nominated her for best hair, Lozza.

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2019 8:19 AM

This guy's a piece of shit but he's right about Harry and Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2019 8:20 AM

True story:

When I used to go clubbing in 2000 there was a 17 year old super skinny twink who used to get into the clubs with fake ID. He'd never drink but would dance and drive home. We got chatting one night and he went to the same school as me. He was obsessed with Billie Piper and would make Billie tribute tshirts to wear. He also hated Kylie and anything related to Kylie, who had just released Spinning Around and Billie was on her second album with Day And Night.

Fast forward to 2001 and Kyle was touring with On A Night Like This tour. I had seats at the back of the arena and during her debut of Can't Get You Out Of My Head one of my friends walked past on his way to the toilet and gave me his ticket to his third row seat and said I could watch 3 songs from his seat. So I minced through security and got to see Your Disco Needs You in its full glory. I noticed a guy going mad in the front row and it was Billie Twink. I reached over and got his attention and shouted "But you hated Kylie? I thought you loved Billie Piper" and he replied "Billie who?" and carried on dancing in his home made Kylie tshirt.

This guy is now in his late 30s and on Grindr permanently. Balding, stocky, hairy, versatile but not into total bottoms.

Anyway, Laurence Fox is an arsehole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2019 8:43 AM

R61 Why did you type that?

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2019 8:46 AM

I love redolent true-life stories like that, R61.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2019 8:53 AM

The poster dismissing Piper as "a flash in the pan" (Laurence, is that you?) reminds me of when Cilla Black died and someoneh here was determined to paint her as someone dimly recalled. It's quite odd.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2019 10:21 AM

The guy may be a jerk, but he's not wrong, in this case.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2019 10:27 AM

How embarrassing that a thread about Laurence has turned into a discussion of his ex’s superior acting skill.

He’s a schmuck, but he’s right about the Sussexes

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2019 10:44 AM

R61 - I typed it because I can.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2019 10:47 AM

He needs to have his adenoids out. He always sounds like he needs to blow his nose. And no, it's not because he's posh. He's an ugly poncey dickhead

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2019 11:36 AM

jesus. What happened to his face? It looks like he's transforming to Nick Nolte.

But he's right.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2019 11:41 AM

Why aren't we talking about the better looking brother?

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2019 11:44 AM

R9 yes it does. It's to make them look sexy. What's the point of looking sexy then?

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2019 11:46 AM

That's like saying flirting is done purely to get laid. Anyone with life experience knows that it's not.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Must suck to be known as Billie Piper's ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2019 12:05 PM

It hasn't hurt Chris Evans.

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2019 12:07 PM

R54 is a Prince Andrew-level douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2019 12:19 PM

Wasn't Mariah accused several times herself during #metoo? Why would she support such a movement by wearing a black dress at that event? Shouldn't she know how awful it is to be accused of something and according to #metoo you are guilty until proven innocent? What an idiot she is. No wonder this guy calls people like her hypocrites in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2019 12:41 PM

Does Mariah get her implants taken out and put back in regularly?

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote] R63

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2019 2:56 PM

[quote]5

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2019 2:57 PM

The goose flies at night!

by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote] Please, I bet most of you don’t even live in London

Quit being presumptuous, R54. Many DLers live in London. But, sure, go on thinking you’re the only ‘West End Theat-AH queen’ here :).

[quote] She has not done one “flash in the pan” performance, what rot. Yerma was one of the definitive acting performances of the decade and hardly her only stage role.

Oh, please. So “definitive” that many theatre-goers don’t even know who this “definitive thespian” is - the general audience only remember her from that geeky TV show. And you know why? Because she’s BARELY ever on stage. I don’t think she’s even set foot on the London stage in the last 2 years (except for a short 1-month stint in NYC). And before that she’d have 2- or even 4-year breaks when she wouldn’t perform. For “one of the greatest stage Thespians of her generation”, she sure doesn’t seem keen on actually working on stage much, lol.

And no one said it was her “only stage role” - it was one of her only ca. 5 stage roles by the ripe age of 37. Wow, what a “repertoire”.

[quote] Besides “of her generation” implies relative youth. Rylance … is not a fair comparison has he’s old enough to be her father and has had time to build up a more substantial body of work.

“Of her generation” does not imply “youth”. Piper is pushing 40 - that’s hardly “young”. She’s about Tom Hiddleston’s age, they’re peers. Are you going to call his receding hairline “young” too? :)

And Rylance is a completely fair comparison. By his late 30s, Rylance had already accrued a long, diverse list of theatre roles. Because he’s exactly a “definitive” theatre actor. Whereas Piper might be great in a few plays - but she’s more flash-in-the-pan because she doesn’t appear keen on actually working on the stage that much. Her first and last sweeping stage success was half a decade ago with Yerma, and she hasn’t undertaken any new stage roles since.

[quote] Her role in MY FRIEND’s play The Effect […] Rylance (who I have had the privilege of receiving what amounts to a PRIVATE acting performance from)

Well, smell her :). Yes, yes, Mary, we get it. You know people who know people. But unless you had the “privilege of receiving what amounts to a private performance” of Rylance’s cock, no one here cares.

by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2019 5:15 PM

I am frequently amazed by some of the shit about which we get really shirty.

by Anonymousreply 82November 19, 2019 7:42 PM

R70 Which brother are you taking about? The Fox Dynasty is a big complicated multi-generational acting industry.

R74 Are you talking about the physically-unappealing, overpaid, pale-skinned Pommy?

by Anonymousreply 83November 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Emilia Fox used to be married to Richard Harris' son Jared Harris.

He played the Queen's father George VI in "The Crown".

Also played Lane Pryce in "Mad Men" - his character hanged himself and his co-workers found his dangling body the next work day.

by Anonymousreply 84November 19, 2019 10:08 PM

R54 What's Mark Rylance like? Does he have charisma?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2019 5:49 AM

R54 Do you know this deceptive thief?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2019 9:54 AM

I still find Laurence Fox sexy. I have a major thing for blond posh guys. What I really want to know is, does anyone have any stories about him? He has always struck me as at least bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2020 2:58 AM

Here I recognize Emilia Fox as audiobook narrator of Agatha Christie's novel [italic]They Came to Baghdad[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2020 3:14 AM

Laurence Fox is a complete and utter twat but HILARIOUS to see Lily Allen call him a luvvie and accuse him of forcing his opinions on people.

That's Lily Allen, who forced her opinions on everyone and claimed the police were lying to the public about the number of deaths at Grenfell tower, and who argued that if the Pakistani grooming gangs in Rotherham, Rochdale and Telford hadn't gang raped and abusing vulnerable girls then white men would have raped them instead.

That's Lily Allen, daughter of Academy Award nominated producer luvvie Alison Owen, daughter of acting luvvie Keith Allen, niece of acting and directing luvvie Kevin Allen and sister of Emmy nominated acting luvvie Alfie Allen.

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2020 8:10 AM

What an incestuous pit. They’re all married to each other and putting their demi-talented children down our throats. Was Billie Piper a product of nepotism, too? He’s said some terrible things about her.

Anyway, he’s right about Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Emilia Fox used to be married to Jared Harris (son of Richard).

by Anonymousreply 91January 19, 2020 5:52 PM

Has Freddie Fox found the right girl yet?

by Anonymousreply 92January 19, 2020 5:57 PM

I don’t know him....

by Anonymousreply 93January 19, 2020 6:11 PM

An equine nine. I his salad days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 19, 2020 6:15 PM

I love him as an actor but deny white male privilege exist. This discounts everything he says in my humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2020 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!