Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

South Park mocks trans athletes

South Park used the late Randy Savage for some woke culture satire, mocking trans athletes in Wednesday's episode, with creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone wading into the fierce debate about trans women in sporting competitions.

On Thursday, Rachel McKinnon, a transgender world track cycling champion, called the episode "lazy" and said Parker and Stone are, in fact, transphobic.

"I'm not particularly mad about the South Park episode," she said via Twitter. "Yes it's transphobic. Yes it's lazy. Yes it contributes to harm to trans women and girls. But they're lazy and increasingly irrelevant. Fuck, Futurama made the same stupid storyline in 2003. Transphobes don't have new jokes."

She continued, "South Park has been deeply transphobic the *entire time.* This isn't their first explicitly transphobic story line. It won't be their last. Stone and Parker are transphobes. Write them off. Ignore their lazy show."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2019 11:17 PM

Mmm hmmm because not wanting men in women’s sport is transphobic. And the episode Futurama did around this was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2019 6:21 AM

Call ‘em as I see ‘em. Cheaters. Big, fat, fucking cheaters. War on women.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2019 6:26 AM

I'm thiefphobic against thieves.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2019 6:26 AM

The world has gone mad

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2019 6:29 AM

South Park mocks everyone

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2019 6:36 AM

Come on, they are still genetically men. If you did a blood test that is what science would say. No one gives a shit if you want to parade around in a dress and call yourself Kaitlyn, but sorry, competing as a woman when you have genetic strength of the male body is just flat out cheating.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2019 6:37 AM

The best thing about it is that the trans athlete in the episode might as well be Mr. McKinnon. There’s good indication he transitioned and got interested in destroying women’s sports as a form of revenge against his bodybuilder ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2019 6:44 AM

Why have a competition at all. Zero sum games hurt feelings and are for pituitary gland lizard brains.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2019 6:48 AM

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Get back to me when you show some outrage about Mr. Slave's lifestyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2019 6:48 AM

Futurama's trans episode was great (Bender becomes Coilette) and nothing at all like this one. And totally NOT transphobic. The hormones must be making McKinnon senile if "it's boring" is the best insult template she can use. I'm surprised she didn't add "and worst of all, it's not even funny!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2019 6:50 AM

R10 Hail! Hail! Robonia! A land I didn’t make up!

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2019 7:00 AM

Rachel McKinnon is clearly a man. Let’s call a spade a spade. Glad South Park has the balls to call this bullshit out.

The solution to this madness is to make a trans category. That would level the playing field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2019 7:05 AM

This episode was surprisingly pro women and very feminist, maybe that's why they hated it so much.

It figures.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2019 7:22 AM

Matt and Trey can get VERY libertarian-bro, but they were spot on with this one and I'm glad they had the guts to do it and Comedy Central let them air it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2019 7:32 AM

With the possible exception of Jonathan Yanniv, no one has caused more harm to the trans community than McKinnon.

Trans women do not belong in women's sport. They are not women, they are trans and it is cheating. It's also hugely disrespectful to women.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2019 10:08 AM

I know, let's make ALL sport competitions unisex! That eliminates the problem.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2019 10:26 AM

It was a brilliant episode.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2019 10:40 AM

Look at Hannah Mouncy... a hulk amongst pipsqueaks.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2019 11:14 AM

R12, they can't make a "trans" category, because both genders would then fall under the same banner and the "women" would win everything, on account of being genetically men. R6 is absolutely right.

I'd be quite happy for MTF to participate in men's sport dressed as women, though. No probs with that whatever. They can have their own change room.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2019 11:34 AM

[quote]South Park mocks everyone

Except the Republican party.

They won't even touch Trump.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2019 4:19 PM

You must have missed the previous episode, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Yet we'll still hear that it's verboten to say anything about trans.

They don't deserve this. Sending out love to you, transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2019 4:55 PM

Also the entire two seasons where they make fun of Trump as Mr. Garrison (playing a Trump character) is elected President 😜

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Genius

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2019 6:52 PM

R21 I stopped watching back in season two when they went on a tirade about "Hollywood" interfering in elections when Bush stole his first election.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2019 9:18 PM

R18 Hannah is from my country. And widely regarded as a joke and a whinger. He played competitive men’s handball but couldn’t get into the men’s AFL so suddenly he’s a she and wants to play in the WAFL. In the end the top tier refused. Hannah did not take it well. There’s a photo of Hannah and another AFL male former player and it illustrates that no matter how you dress, your still man size and in fact, a man. I think the photo was with J Brown, who is not a small guy. Fucking insane. If you’ve ever had a dick, you can’t be in women’s sport. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2019 9:36 PM

Scroll, picture of Jono and Hannah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2019 9:39 PM

[quote] They don't deserve this. Sending out love to you, transwomen.

Deserve what, Dora Dumbfuck?

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2019 10:10 PM

South Park did what it always does, shine a light on the things no one likes to talk about. And now we are talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2019 10:54 PM

South Park’s first tranny episode - Mr. Garrison’s Fancy New Vagina - is still the gold standard of trans awareness and came out AGES ago. It’s hilarious to this day.

“You mean I’m not a WOMAN?! I’m just a man with a mutilated penis?!?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

When a majority of transwomen have attempted suicide they don't need to be mocked like this. It brings back memories my own time being bullied at school for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2019 10:08 AM

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2019 11:11 AM

South Park was rough on Caitlyn Jenner, but quite funny. Those episodes didn't focus on sports, but rather politics.

But note, Bruce was an Olympic Champion in a màle competition sport. In golf, Caitlyn still tees off from the men's spot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2019 11:38 AM

R31 why do they need to compete against real Women? What are they trying to prove?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2019 11:40 AM

[quote]When a majority of transwomen have attempted suicide they don't need to be mocked like this.

MTFs are not immune from scrutiny. Competing against women is about as fair as short adults competing against children. Common sense needs to be suspended in order to support this.

Enough with the persecution complex.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2019 12:25 PM

R34 It’s all about validation

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Sources, r31.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2019 3:07 PM

Who hasn't Southpark made fun of?

People need make a sense of humor great again!

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Various sporting organizations will have to figure out what to do about the situation, but that's their business. It's the fans and participants who are going to have to say something, and the few who have always reveal themselves to hate trans more than anything else. No one can ever say "we need to create weight classes" or "we need size limits," it's always "it's insane" (Navratilova) or sports organizations (ISAPL) allying with groups who tweet about how great it would be if all trans got "1000 cancers."

You never watched those sports or participated in them, never bought tickets to events or purchased anything an athlete endorsed, and most of you aren't even LGBT or women. There's nothing you can do about this, except to complain online and post comments claiming you'll vote Republican because you think they'll make laws to dictate who can and can't participate in a sport.

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2019 3:49 PM

[quote]Who hasn't Southpark made fun of?

Themselves. Like typical pussy ass right wingers, they can dish it out but can't take it.

When Family Guy made fun of them they spent an entire episode ridiculing Family Guy.

When Phil Collins made a comment about them they spent several episodes making fun of him.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2019 4:53 PM

r39 it's interesting how you can't actually argue the point but instead have to make up a bunch of OTHER things no one has said here, and then rail against that as being "transphobic". Get some new material, toots.

by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2019 5:55 PM

r40 They've actually made fun of themselves in several episodes, but you'd have to actually watch them to know that.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2019 5:56 PM

[quote]but you'd have to actually watch them to know that

Or even care.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2019 6:16 PM

r43 clearly you care or you wouldn't have posted in this thread. You should just admit you were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2019 6:35 PM

^^^South Park thinking

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2019 6:48 PM

Most of us aren't LGBT, r39? Know your audience, honey.

by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2019 6:51 PM

Know you're place R46.

This is a gay blog, we don't need to be lectured to by you.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2019 6:55 PM

South Park is just a Right wing soap box. They did episodes on calling someone or something gay isn’t homophobic and hate crime laws shouldn’t be a thing for gay people. Both have said that they hate liberals a hundred times more than conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote] This is a gay blog

This isn’t a blog, Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2019 6:58 PM

R31, so we should ignore the fact that trans "women" are cheating at sport in case it hurts their feelings?

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2019 7:00 PM

They've attempted suicide because they have mental problems. They need therapy, not more hormones to make them even more unstable.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]When a majority of transwomen have attempted suicide they don't need to be mocked like this.

Don't ever question anything a tans person does, no matter if it's unfair, illegal, predatory, etc—they might kill themselves!!

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2019 7:06 PM

And I'm not a Boomer R49.

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2019 8:08 PM

R48 I remember the episode where they said it's ok to call people fags because according to them , it isn't an anti-gay slur anymore.

It's a show that tells right wing assholes that everything they think and say is ok and everyone else is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2019 8:10 PM

There's some obnoxious episodes where you hate them (like that fag episode) and then there's some where they make very good points. They seem to be Libertarians, if anything.

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2019 8:12 PM

This is a matter for sports organizations to define participation criteria

Attacking acknowledged trans athletes for legal participation in sports is simply an avenue to express prejudice and hate. Address complaints and recommendations to the sports authorities and their sponsors.

Rather see the bigots excluded instead.

by Anonymousreply 56November 18, 2019 8:25 PM

South Park mocks men in women’s sport

by Anonymousreply 57November 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Why is this show still on? It’s like a The Simpsons. Move on already. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2019 1:29 AM

It's not mocking trans people it's mocking the absurdity of a man, with male bone density, muscle mass and height competing unfairly against biological women. I know we want to accept everyone and include everyone, but that doesn't mean letting minority/disenfranchised groups call every shot. They're not all wise sages who have all the answers. Accepting and not questioning every demand and declaration from ANY group is idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2019 2:41 AM

Bullshit, R56.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2019 12:13 AM

I identify as a 10 year old and I will be competing in the National Little League World Series next year! Bringing up my height and weight is literal violence and I will not tolerate it.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2019 12:17 AM

I identify as a 18 year old and I demand the right to hang out with my fellow 18 year olds and "Live My Truth".

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2019 9:09 AM

What was really clever is that they used the absurdity on one of the two avatars of PC woke culture. Having Strong Woman (and PC Principal by proxy) be accepting in the abstract until reality punches her in the face quite literally was inspired.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2019 9:41 AM

yes r63

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2019 9:59 AM

The point is that it is just not fair to have trans athletes in women’s competitions.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2019 10:15 AM

[quote]R47: Know you're place [R46].

Congradulations, ewe tolled him, girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2019 10:34 AM

[quote]Attacking acknowledged trans athletes for legal participation in sports is simply an avenue to express prejudice and hate. Address complaints and recommendations to the sports authorities and their sponsors.

Organizations at every level have been browbeaten to included trans even if it runs counter to fairness. If the sports authorities were to enact common sense rules for participation, they'd be labeled "transphobic" and bigots.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2019 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2019 4:27 PM

There is no way Randy Savage's family would have been OK with this. How did they get permission?

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2019 6:52 PM

This is wonderful. It’s time we start shaming these MEN who are stealing away women’s sports. These women have worked their entire lives only to have a man come in at the last minute and steal their wins. Sickening!

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2019 6:55 PM

The cowards at Jezebel, who are normally so very quick to call out "transphobia", have not published an article on this yet. Why not? Because they know damn well that even the wokest of libfems are starting to get uneasy about trans athletes. They know the comment section would be full of posters tentatively saying, "Look, I hate TERFs as much as anyone, but doesn't South Park have a point here? Why are so many trans women winning women's sport, but trans men don't seem to win men's sport?"

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2019 9:37 PM

The South Park episode was spot on. Live your life. Be who you want to be. But when you start making absolutely insane demands upon the rest of society, demanding that men can be women just by declaring it so, and demanding that men with ponytails can compete against women in sport, and policing harmless language norms, you've lost even the most progressive people.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2019 11:00 PM

I found it a bit light. The revelation that she was only identifying as a woman for revenge was a let down, she should have been a proper trans.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] The cowards at Jezebel, who are normally so very quick to call out "transphobia", have not published an article on this yet. Why not?

Because no one is still watching South Park.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2019 2:30 AM

R74 That's not true. The show still gets mainstream coverage. All of those adult animated shows aimed at mature audiences that were supposed to succeed South Park like Bojack Horseman have come and gone yet South Park still gets discussed a lot. Nobody ever talks about new episodes of Simpsons or Family Guy either.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2019 4:10 AM

Bojack Horseman is oddly favored among Gen Z.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Beyond parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2019 4:35 PM

R77 Orwellian

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2019 11:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!