Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher under attack because of homophobic slurs against Miss Lindsey Graham

In the segment, which was making fun of Senator Lindsey Graham, the comedian included several jokes based on outdated gay stereotypes.

Though the focus of Maher’s rant was what he called Senator Graham’s “hypocrisy on steroids,” he read selections from a list titled “24 Things You Don’t Know About Lindsey Graham.” which included several one-liners referencing once-familiar clichés about gay people.

The full list:

1. My name is Lindsey and my pronouns are He and Y’all.

2. My spirit animal is a jellyfish.

3. I burn calories by skipping to work.

4. I’m the only Senator whose office has a bidet and a fainting couch.

5. For three weeks in 1992 I was married to Liza Minnelli.

6. In a fire, the first things I’d save are my bridal magazines.

7. When I was in school, the kids would tease me by calling me “Lindsey.”

8. I was the first person to push a dog around in a stroller.

9. The greatest advice my mother gave me was to stop waving my hands when I run.

10. My quote in the high school yearbook was “a lady is allowed to changed her mind.”

11. My greatest legislative accomplishment is naming a post office after Nathan Lane.

12. If Trump and I were a celebrity couple, I’d want the tabloids to call us “Donsey.”

13. I once kissed Trump’s ass so hard I could taste Hannity.

14. John McCain’s last words to me were “Let go of my hand.”

15. People who say I’m anti-immigrant haven’t heard me talk about Siegfried and Roy.

16. When people call me a “hawk” I just want to bomb the shit out of them.

17. My favorite James Bond movie is Octo-yucky.

18. I’m one of only three people in Washington allowed to trim President Trump’s nose hairs.

19. I employ over a dozen pool boys even though I don’t own a pool.

20. Irony alert! Thanks to a food allergy, I avoid fruit.

21. For Halloween, I went as the Lindsey Graham from the Clinton impeachment.

22. If you saw just five seconds of the videotape Trump has of me, everything would suddenly make sense.

23. My nickname in the Air Force was “JAG-off.”

24. If it was socially acceptable, I would wear nothing but scarves.

Graham has long been the butt of jokes around rumors of his homosexuality (rumors that he consistently denies), but some of Maher’s comedic digs within the list are based on negative tropes which are now largely considered demeaning and harmful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2019 3:38 AM

Did he mine Datalounge for them?

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2019 8:46 PM

Some of those are funny and really, we've said much worse here.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2019 8:46 PM

That's funny!

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2019 8:47 PM

Fucking hysterical. The Senatrice deserves every single slur. Bigly.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2019 8:50 PM

Who is supposedly attacking Maher?

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2019 8:52 PM

So - - - who am I supposed to be mad at here?

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2019 8:56 PM

[quote]Some of those are funny and really, we've said much worse here.

Yes. But consider the source. We've earned our right to make those jokes.

Maher hasn't, and as a heterosexual man, he never will.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2019 9:01 PM

This TV audience must be brain dead or on drugs to laugh so loudly at these pointlessly-bitchy, teenage "jokes".

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2019 9:01 PM

Mr Maher y'all are no gentleman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2019 9:05 PM

Oh, fuck off. He's not the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2019 9:06 PM

I support Bill Maher.

FUCK MISS LINDSEY GRAHAM!

It's not like we haven't been saying the same shit here, for ages.

Fucking right wing cunts are always indignant when they get attacked, but they are the most vile, disgusting pig cunts on the face of the planet, when it comes to underhanded attacks.

They can go fuck themselves with a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2019 9:09 PM

The rumor I heard about the Senatrice is that he likes to be "raped" by a black delivery man and torn out of his suit.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2019 9:11 PM

Some of these are tired and hinging on homophobia, stereotypes and sexism.

But Graham is likely a closeted homosexual and dishonest broker in politics.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2019 9:13 PM

That's true R7. However, I would normally be angry in this situation but I'm having trouble getting angry. Maher has been a long time ally even as far back as the 1990s. He was very vocal in his opposition to DADT and DOMA and routinely trashed hypocritical Republicans who opposed equal marriage.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2019 9:18 PM

ridiculous... Maher didnt say "All gays have fainting couches, run with flapping hands, and some, I assume, are masculine or straight-acting." He isn't targeting an entire group of people with tropes. He's targeting one specific person... actually, he's targeting the hypocrisy of one specific person (who I agree, needs to be fucked with a chainsaw. Or. A black delivery man with a chainsaw)

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2019 9:21 PM

^ " A black delivery man with a chainsaw" ? ? ? ? ?

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2019 9:26 PM

I am not offended by gay jokes when they target closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2019 9:40 PM

Same here R17. I may not be the biggest Bill Maher fan in the world, but I love it when he goes after people like Miss Lindsey Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2019 9:55 PM

13,14 &15 were my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2019 9:58 PM

#22 is the most feasible.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 10:11 PM

I think he stole the fainting couch one from the Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2019 10:14 PM

Straight liberal males hate us just as much as anyone. They are just to cowardly to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2019 10:16 PM

The Queens of Datalounge HATE Disloyalty to their cause!

Some people are celibate; some people aren't conventionally "masculine".

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2019 10:17 PM

#5 and #9 are hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2019 10:20 PM

R22 = straight Republican male

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2019 10:21 PM

FaggityPansyWussyPrissyFagitTurdLickingSodomite?

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2019 10:22 PM

OP needs to watch Bill Maher’s segment on “outrage” which means 3 people on Twitter in their Moms’ basements are pissed.

Lindsey is a Fag. There, it’s been said.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2019 10:25 PM

Why doesn't he do the same sketch with 24 points based on the race/gender/religion/culture of someone who isn't a white gay male? Because we are now the only minority left that it's acceptable to attack.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2019 10:26 PM

They aren't laughing with us. They're laughing at us. Hollywood liberal males are as homophobic as a church in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2019 10:30 PM

Gay white men are not minorities. There's unlimited privilege in being a white male, rather gay or straight.

Nothing white is a minority. That's one privilege you don't get to claim. Your only a minority in your mind.

Because real minorities do not see any white man as a minority. Its actually laughable to even think so.

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2019 10:30 PM

17. My favorite James Bond movie is Octo-yucky

FTW

And it sounds like OP is the only one who has Maher "under attack"

He is currently sitting in the corner giving Maher's video dirty looks and hissing at it.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2019 10:31 PM

Eat shit r30. White privilege does not exist for gay white men.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2019 10:31 PM

The only gays deserving of scorn are closeted assholes who intentionally do harm to the rest of us.

Take the gloves off and let him have it.

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2019 10:31 PM

Now lets do that spic cunt AOC! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2019 10:32 PM

R28, we make the same jokes here

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2019 10:32 PM

This one's especially good:

[quote] 13. I once kissed Trump’s ass so hard I could taste Hannity.

But yeah, to have credibility it should be a gay guy making the fag jokes. The one about "fruit" is just lame name-calling.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2019 10:32 PM

SNL has been making gay jokes about Graham and Pence for a while now.

And not blink-and-you'll-miss-it subtle jokes either, but pretty much calling them out on it.

What will historians think?

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2019 10:34 PM

R32 Right back at you. Please tell that to Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper, and all of the well to do wealthy gays in west Hollywood with their elitist racist nasty attitudes.

White men have extreme privilege period, Gay or Straight. You can conceal being gay if your white, theres real world privilege in that. you cannot conceal being a certain race.

But you knew this already. White men are not minorities period. You don't get to claim that.

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2019 10:38 PM

FF R30 please enjoy the ice cream you’ll drown your sorrows, over reparations, with tonight as you watch a Madea marathon. Fuck off, you’re a big part of the problem. Taking the left so far left that the moderates don’t want anything to do with it. You’re just as much a reason Trump is in office if you had voted for the fat fuck himself.

R34 another idiot. AOC is not painting her skin white and trying to convince people she’s white, not even comparable. If you’re Hispanic go ahead and call her whatever you want...

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2019 10:38 PM

Yeah, r35 but we're only mocking ourselves. It's different when a noted homophobe like Mayer now feels conditions are right to go after gays on TV again like back in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2019 10:39 PM

R38 we will tell AC2 after you chat with Billionaire Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2019 10:39 PM

Oprah has celebrity and wealth privilege, not white privilege.

Big big difference.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2019 10:42 PM

I think we have a Cracker Queen ( R30 / R38 ) on here who don’t want no chocolate and is mad & ready to scream “RACISM!!!” when whites don’t hand over the dick immediately. Maybe if you didn’t internalize racism you could get some good black dick.

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2019 10:43 PM

Are any DLers from South Carolina?

How does no one there realize?

I mean dude is gayer than a rainbow goose

by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2019 10:43 PM

I'm a gold star homo, and I approve everything Maher said.

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2019 10:44 PM

R42 I was saying she’s an example of black success. you believe you’re very downtrodden and a lifelong victim. You know who doesn’t think like that... Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2019 10:44 PM

R39 You just dont want to hear the truth about privilege. You thinking that your a minority because your a white man who like a dick in your mouth and ass, does not make you a minority.

It just means your white and gay, but not a minority.

And that's a fact.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2019 10:45 PM

I know Bill Maher Is a sexist. Lindsey Graham should be outed the way he wants to but it's fair game when he continues to fake it for decades and we pay his salary.

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2019 10:49 PM

R46 I dont believe I'm downtrodden and a lifelong victim. Black people are victorious because of everything we've come through and to still be here, is power.

This white power stucter hasn't broken black people yet. As far as oprah goes, she points out black struggles a lot. And she's been doing more so in recent years. Pointing out your history does not make you a victim.

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2019 10:50 PM

R47 you’re brainwashed by Twitter to be a victim. Privileges exist yes... but I can’t change your life or society as a whole. As far as society neither can you, but you can change your life which you’re obviously unhappy in... so why don’t you work on yourself and drop the chip off your shoulder.

White GAY men are a minority. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2019 10:51 PM

I honestly can't imagine there is anyone there who doesn't know r44? I assume everyone is just choosing not to notice what is so painfully obvious, for political reasons. And maybe just a little of Southern charm and politeness. But mainly politics.

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2019 10:54 PM

R50 I have a great life, but I also live in reality too. White men are not minorities, no matter how many times you say it. Your not a minority at all.

Your still a white man and that Trumps everything.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2019 10:56 PM

R52 someone give this histrionic brother some lily white dick and calm her down, she’s bordering on psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2019 11:03 PM

Again, who does the op say is attacking Maher? Oh, that’s right, he/she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2019 11:08 PM

[quote] You thinking that your

Oh, dear!

[quote] a minority because your

Oh, dear!

[quote] a white man who like a dick in your mouth and ass, does not make you a minority. And that's a fact.

No one who ever needs to declare A FACT would know A FACT if it bit them.

by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2019 11:16 PM

That little bitch can crawl right back in her tree and bake cookies.

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2019 12:19 AM

I almost fell off the couch with the "let go of my hand" joke.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2019 12:26 AM

R55 he won’t understand the errors.

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2019 12:33 AM

I hope all the kompromat Putin has on the GOP comes out someday.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Lindseybelle deserves everything she gets. She is actively working against us. If she is a homosexual, she deserves to be outed.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2019 12:50 AM

Not sure where a lot of those came from, because Bill only said about 10 of them on the actual show, the graphic might have had all of them.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2019 12:54 AM

r40, he isn't a homophobe

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2019 12:55 AM

Bill Maher under attack!!! By 4 humorless bloggers, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2019 1:23 AM

It's hilarious. Grahama Lindsey needs to be publicly outed. This is a start.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2019 1:34 AM

[Quote] Some of these are tired and hinging on homophobia, stereotypes and sexism.

Just like La Senatrice

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2019 1:37 AM

It is hard to like Bill, mainly because he is a loud mouthed Zionist.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2019 1:50 AM

R30: You might need to check your receipts on the bullshit you’re peddling here.

Gay white men are not minorities: Wrong. Gay of any colour or race are a minority. Less than 5% of the US population identifies as gay/lesbian/other sexuality.

Nothing white is a minority. That's one privilege you don't get to claim: Wrong. Minorities can be from things other than a race. There are religious minorities, racial minorities, sexuality/gender minorities.

You can conceal being gay if your white: You can conceal being gay irrespective of your colour. The rate of success for concealment would not be any different across colour/race.

You cannot conceal being a certain race: Wrong. Oh, you absolutely can! You think if Cameron Diaz changed her surname to Smith anyone would have ever picked her as Latina? People can often pass as other races, depending on how they look.

White men are not minorities period: Wrong. You think a white man in Sudan isn’t a minority? Minority is a comparison to the whole of a set. Less than 5% of people in the US are gay/lesbian/other sexuality. 13% are black. So, is one less minority than the other?

Because real minorities do not see any white man as a minority: Wrong. Many people would see white men as a minority if it were not a race based assessment in a mostly white country. They could be part of a sexual or religious minority and still be white.

Truth! Also the truth: you’re a fucking idiot stuck in victim mode because of something that never happened to you but happened to your ancestors. Like every person has had in the history of forever.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2019 2:16 AM

You said I could have another Pringle. That was over an hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2019 2:25 AM

Stay pressed, “White Gays Aren’t a Minority” Hunty!

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2019 2:31 AM

I'm gay and I think he's funny

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2019 2:33 AM

I’m still 🙌 at the man who described himself as a”gold star homo” upthread. That’s an A-fucking-1 description and I hope it’s on your dating profile. Props!

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2019 2:46 AM

R34 I'm sure AOC is jealous of what you have going in your life, as you sit there typing from cell block A...

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2019 2:47 AM

I hope Bill has another 24 jokes about Lindsey Cunt Graham on his next show. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2019 2:53 AM

I wish some of you could take a step back from Maher's comments. No one here is defending Lindsey Graham. He deserves to be criticized as a major enabler of Trump and the dark powers that be.

Is mocking his (closeted, unofficial, all-but-confirmed) sexual orientation a good way, let alone the best way for a straight man to do it?

Is that how we take down our enemies, by letting straight people make gay jokes? Would racist, anti-Semitic, or sexist jokes be okay if they were more applicable?

I suggest that once you've validated Maher's gay jokes about Graham, you've validated his gay jokes about anyone. And everyone.

by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Team Bill!

Bill Maher can say whatever he wants about hypocritical closeted pieces of shit Trump sycophant douchebags—and that includes Miss Lindsey Graham.

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2019 3:01 AM

My relationship with Lindsey never really ended..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2019 3:01 AM

"This TV audience must be brain dead or on drugs to laugh so loudly at these pointlessly-bitchy, teenage "jokes".'

I think his audience consists of potheads like himself; no wonder they're laughing their heads off. As for Maher, he's an unfunny asshole. A detestable creep. He's in no position to judge anyone about anything, being the utter scumbag that he is.

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2019 3:02 AM

OK Fruit r75

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2019 3:16 AM

Can do-gooders stop speaking for us about what homophobic? There was nothing problematic about what Maher did or in the general criticisms towards Lindsay about why he continues to support the right as an obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2019 3:27 AM

Similar comments have been made on this site about Miss Lindsay Graham. My friends and neighbors, gay and straight and bi and older and younger say the same things about Miss Lindsay Graham. I'm not offended. I'm kind of relieved that what's obviously noticeable about the Senator is being mentioned in the media. I wish more people would comment about Lindsay Graham.

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2019 3:35 AM

See? I knew some of you faggots still had a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2019 3:38 AM

Oh can it, R74.

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2019 3:49 AM

R81 too bad you didn’t have an outraged Ben Affleck on for the segment, screeching at you that That’s homophobic! That’s gross!

by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2019 3:49 AM

Lindsey is probably drinking alone again in the Appleby's bar tonight reading this. It must suck to be Lindsey. He only has his freaky sister to go home to tonight, and only has himself to blame.

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2019 3:50 AM

You're just being nasty, R33.

by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2019 4:08 AM

"Why doesn't he do the same sketch with 24 points based on the race/gender/religion/culture of someone who isn't a white gay male? "

He's done this exact same thing to dozens of public figures. Most recently to all of Trump's enablers and Trump himself. Not a lot of gay men in that group except for Lindsey and Pence.

"Because we are now the only minority left that it's acceptable to attack."

Because you've never contributed to a race-baiting, trans hating, "frau" thread ever, ever, ever, right?

by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2019 7:54 AM

Maher is under attack by no one.

by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2019 8:22 AM

Fuck Lindsey. Bill doesn't come across as homophobic, he was poking someone in the eye who is cowardly and wields power over others to do harm. Bill wasn't punching down or maligning gay people, it was satirical comedy. I was glad when he outed Ken Mehlman's sorry ass, too.

by Anonymousreply 88November 16, 2019 8:38 AM

Judging from his eyes, LG looks like a heavy drinker.

by Anonymousreply 89November 16, 2019 9:38 AM

I am 100% sure #23 is from Datalounge but now I can't find it when I do a search. Now I know why that old "what famous people post to Datalounge" thread was bumped, several people mentioned Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 90November 16, 2019 9:44 AM

We don't have to ally ourselves with a pissy libertarian homophobe just to prove we hate Lindsey Graham, though. Graham is a piece of shit, and Maher was being homophobic. Both are true. Maher was just doing it to stir up shit and get attention, which is even worse than if he was doing it because he misguidedly thought it would actually help.

by Anonymousreply 91November 16, 2019 9:47 AM

Here's the original link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 16, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote] This white power stucter hasn't broken black people yet.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 93November 16, 2019 10:41 AM

Bill Maher is on his last leg right now. HBO isn’t putting up with his crap much longer. He’s venturing into Roseanne territory and is a PR nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 94November 16, 2019 10:41 AM

[quote] Less than 5% of the US population identifies as gay/lesbian/other sexuality.

And the other 20% are just deeply in the closet or outright lying.

by Anonymousreply 95November 16, 2019 10:59 AM

Lindsey Graham deserves everything he gets from anyone who cares to deliver it. He’s a hypocrite and a coward and a disgrace to his Constitutional oath. Fuck him, fuck him straight to hell.

by Anonymousreply 96November 16, 2019 11:06 AM

R95 that’s actually very interesting. Because I did read a poll a while ago where people overestimated gay/ lesbian etc. People estimated about 20-25% of people are gay. But the actual/admitted number was closer to 5%.

by Anonymousreply 97November 16, 2019 11:08 AM

People lie about their age. People lie about their weight. People lie about how much money they have. Linked-In is nothing but wall to wall bullshit and outright lies. People lie about how often they attend church.

Given that, why would anyone think people are going to be honest about their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 98November 16, 2019 11:13 AM

A millenial or a Gen Zer made this thread.

by Anonymousreply 99November 16, 2019 11:16 AM

"Let's try gay!"

He seems to be down with Mayor Pete if only so he'll be able to crack gay jokes for the next four years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 16, 2019 12:17 PM

He does seem down with Mayor Pete, but not because he wants to crack jokes at his expense . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 16, 2019 12:47 PM

By the time I watched the episode, the Lindseybelle bit had been taken out! Wtf? Maher agrees to self-censorship? Seems unlike him. Still haven’t seen for myself.

by Anonymousreply 102November 16, 2019 7:15 PM

Hard to believe, but people ARE discussing this outside of DL, guys.

I don't think this alone will cost Maher his job, but I do think he's eventually out the door. His straight Boomer white-boy entitlement and libertarian views are hugely out of step with virtually everything that is going on culturally at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 103November 16, 2019 7:21 PM

R67 Nice try but gay white men are still not minorities, period. R93 you can Oh, Dear all you want. But guess what, white people benefit from being white in most parts of the world.

But you both knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 104November 16, 2019 7:57 PM

Maher is not going anywhere. His show is very popular on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 105November 16, 2019 8:24 PM

R104 no worries. I’ll leave you to enjoy the victim mentality you’ll stay trapped in because you can’t process factual information. Make sure when you make your way through life as a professional victim, you tell anyone who will listen how none of your family can succeed because someone set slaves free like 150 years ago. My mother is Indigenous. My father is a minority whose family came here post WW2. Fuck off with your white people can’t be minorities.

by Anonymousreply 106November 16, 2019 8:31 PM

Wow Maher had a rough time on last night’s show. He looked so strained and uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 107November 16, 2019 8:51 PM

R7 - ... Consider the source”...

Oh please; cut the crap R7, and get over your “pioneering”, “we earned to say that”, shit.

He’s a comedian. That’s his job; to poke fun, whether he’s straight, gay or whatever persuasion.

Instead of “considering the source”, consider the target. Lindsay deserves every fucking slur imaginable directed at his hypocritical, bat-shit, closeted, trump licking ass.

by Anonymousreply 108November 16, 2019 9:30 PM

So R104, GWM who are homeless, disabled, non-Christian, or poor still finish last in your Oppression Olympics? Lol, got it. Smdh…

by Anonymousreply 109November 16, 2019 10:49 PM

Maher is not "straight boomer white-boy entitlement," R103. I also don't see how the libertarian label works. In the international political scene, he'd be a centrist. In the US he's a lefty, because he thinks that economic justice is a worthwhile pursuit. Anybody in the US who isn't a slave-owner or slave-driver is a communist, right?

by Anonymousreply 110November 16, 2019 11:28 PM

[QUOTE] closeted, unofficial, all-but-confirmed

All-but-confirmed by who? All I can see with certainty is a bunch of gay guys applauding because suggesting somebody is gay is such a good slur.

by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2019 3:32 AM

Justin Trudeau thinks it funny to dress up as an African-American.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2019 9:51 AM

The only thing that can stop a bad black man with a chainsaw is a good black man with a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Eh. There are plenty of things to be outraged about in this world — Bill’s jokes about Mz. Lindz aren’t among them, however.

I’m far more offended by the fact that La Senatrice has already declared tRump innocent and refused to either listen to or consider the mounting evidence against him.

by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2019 10:42 AM

[quote]Because we are now the only minority left that it's acceptable to attack.

Chinese and Russian immigrants spring to mind

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2019 10:55 AM

People like Lindsey Graham and Aaron Schock give thr world permission to laugh at them because of their obvious hypocrisy, working with a huge population of people who work against their interests—and in particular these two men because they were/are lawmakers.

When a woman works against women’s interests, she becomes fair game for jokes about women. See: Susan Collins.

When a black person works against black people’s interests, they become fair game for jokes about rejecting and betraying their own identities. See: Kanye West.

I have met Lindsey Graham. He is one of the most flamboyant people I’ve ever met. And he’s supporting our most hateful presidential administration since the days of slavery. He deserves any kind of skewering he gets.

by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2019 11:05 AM

[quote]Justin Trudeau thinks it funny to dress up as an African-American.

Excuse me? How do you know he wasn't an Afro-CANADIAN?

by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2019 4:18 PM

I don’t think Maher is making fun of Lindsey because he’s simply gay, he’s making fun of him because he’s a closeted flamer. If anything, I’d say Maher’s jokes are demeaning to women because most are not making fun of him for liking dick but for being feminine. The idea that having feminine traits makes a man worthy of being mocked seems more demeaning to femininity than homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 118November 17, 2019 4:46 PM

Friday night's Bill Maher Show was the last of the season. The show doesn't return until January 2020.

by Anonymousreply 119November 17, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]If anything, I’d say Maher’s jokes are demeaning to women because most are not making fun of him for liking dick but for being feminine. The idea that having feminine traits makes a man worthy of being mocked seems more demeaning to femininity than homosexuality.

It works the other way around as well, though. It's extremely insulting to call a woman "mannish" or for a woman to be mistaken for a man. A certain kind of masculinity in women is just as despised as perceived femininity in men.

by Anonymousreply 120November 17, 2019 5:21 PM

I think there is a pretty good chance that Bill’s writers pulled the fainting couch from here. Which means probably that there are some gays there. Just like the simpsons and family guy. So there is a good chance that some of this came from successful gays. I say for those offended, move on. Being part of the mainstream means greater visibility and the need for thicker skin.

And as a white male, I fully acknowledge white privilege. I have benefitted from it and will not hesitate to take advantage of it. The only thing I can do is not exercise white preference when I am in the position of power like hiring and managing people

I also recognize hetero privilege. especially in the workplace when it comes to special treatment for parents. fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 121November 17, 2019 5:30 PM

It would have been offensive if it wasn't hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 122November 17, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]GWM who are homeless, disabled, non-Christian, or poor still finish last in your Oppression Olympics

GWM are more likely to get approved for a loan if they meet the other criteria. GWM are less likely to be followed around a store by security, are less likely to be hassled by the cops when pulled over or driving through nice neighborhoods, and less likely to have their violent tendencies attributed to the entire race- school shooters are often described in the news as "mentally ill," unlike their peers with darker pigmentation.

That's what it's like to have white privilege. Nobody is saying that whites never experience hardship, but they rarely experience it based solely on their skin color.

by Anonymousreply 123November 17, 2019 9:42 PM

R123 can Iz axe you a querstion?

by Anonymousreply 124November 17, 2019 9:43 PM

R123 okay... and they experience it for being gay. What’s your point? It’s about being gay not white.

by Anonymousreply 125November 17, 2019 9:44 PM

Cops can tell you're gay while driving? Damn, that's some serious flamage!

by Anonymousreply 126November 17, 2019 9:47 PM

Oh, people need to get over themselves....Maher is not homophobic. He hate Graham as most of us do

by Anonymousreply 127November 17, 2019 9:47 PM

I dont really want Maher to be making these kinds of jokes, and I especially dont want his audience to hear them

by Anonymousreply 128November 17, 2019 9:53 PM

Any joke about Lindsey Graham is fair game.

by Anonymousreply 129November 17, 2019 10:27 PM

Sure seems like a pixie to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 17, 2019 10:35 PM

Fuck Lindsay Graham, he is a nasty bitch anyway. Fuck his raggedy white trash ass.

by Anonymousreply 131November 17, 2019 10:54 PM

Thank you R123. You made some of my point. R109 Your the one being an oppressed victim, not me. I'm just telling it like it is. Not my problem if you can't handle the truth about gay white men not being minorities. It's just the truth, your not and R123 made some of my point for me.

You can't have everything.

by Anonymousreply 132November 17, 2019 10:59 PM

You have no idea what GWM go through, as you’re not one. You wanna play the perpetual victim, feel free. I would like to hear about YOUR privileges now.

by Anonymousreply 133November 17, 2019 11:09 PM

I really don’t understand the censorship here, but the perpetual victim here needs to discuss HIS privileges unless he is a tranny, Puerto Rican Jew in a wheelchair, which I seriously doubt. What an illiterate fool. Lol

by Anonymousreply 134November 17, 2019 11:20 PM

R109 Is the professional victim. Hes the one fighting so hard to convince me he's a minority, when hes not one.

by Anonymousreply 135November 17, 2019 11:32 PM

Girls! Girls! You’re BOTH minorities.

by Anonymousreply 136November 17, 2019 11:34 PM

R136 But I'm a real minority.

by Anonymousreply 137November 17, 2019 11:37 PM

It was a funny piece about Sen. Graham being a homosexual, which he clearly is. This country has too many pussies in it! Is Lindsey a top or a bttm?

by Anonymousreply 138November 17, 2019 11:40 PM

My take is he's not telling these jokes because he thinks less of or hates gay people.

He's telling these jokes because of the politics and politicians Graham supports and he thinks Lindsey Graham is a vile hypocritical piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 139November 17, 2019 11:43 PM

You normalize it against Graham you normalize it against any every gay candidate. But suit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 140November 18, 2019 12:14 AM

R140 lindsay graham is a powerful cunt. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 141November 18, 2019 12:17 AM

Gays don't give a shit about each other anyway. Everyone is for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 142November 18, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote] So there is a good chance that some of this came from successful gays.

Why are you making the assumption they are gay? One doesn't need to pass a gay entrance exam to read Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 143November 18, 2019 1:10 AM

Bill Maher definitely has a writer who is a DataLounger. I've noticed a lot of stuff on his show over the past year that was on this site

by Anonymousreply 144November 18, 2019 1:16 AM

[quote]One doesn't need to pass a gay entrance exam to read Datalounge.

Pity, that.

by Anonymousreply 145November 18, 2019 1:19 AM

DL definitely has a lot of good material, you'd have to admit.

by Anonymousreply 146November 18, 2019 1:20 AM

I love all the Lindsey Graham jokes. The cunt deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 147November 18, 2019 1:24 AM

R123, your obsequious self-flagellation is what’s tedious. Your bottomless white guilt is nauseating and accomplishes nothing. The Oppression Olympics is adolescent public masturbation that plays into the hands of one group. Here’s a hint, missy, it ain’t geighs, and it ain’t POC. Have you voted in more than one election, hun?

by Anonymousreply 148November 18, 2019 4:01 AM

They were all hilarious jokes. But, of course, the people attacking him aren’t gay men. They’re all women, or trans-whatevers with vaginas, who feel the need to defend us at every turn without letting us actually say how we feel about the matter. He’s not the enemy, but woke culture has done a great job of tearing apart minority communities as well as the left, and has made it incredibly easy for republicans and a deplorable ideology to take over America and most major companies. This is just another example of the irreparable division that’s been fucking us all over since the days of the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 149November 18, 2019 4:14 AM

*Countries.

by Anonymousreply 150November 18, 2019 4:17 AM

I swear he orchestrates these little outrages on an annual basis just to get publicity

by Anonymousreply 151November 18, 2019 4:23 AM

Agreed, R151.

As pointed out previously, he's an aging, entitled het Boomer and his brand of smug centrist liberalism is falling out of favor. He does this shit to make himself appear edgy and relevant.

When he's neither, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 152November 18, 2019 4:29 AM

[quote]Your bottomless white guilt is nauseating and accomplishes nothing

I'm not white, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 153November 18, 2019 5:10 AM

R144 I agree, RTBM has mining Datalounge since Trump took office

by Anonymousreply 154November 18, 2019 7:36 AM

I can't stand Bill Maher and agree with r151 that he does this stuff for publicity; however, I can't really get too outraged over gay jokes about a closeted politician who has actively opposed gay rights. Also, for once, some Maher's remarks were actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 155November 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Maher rips Hillary Clinton's 2020 tease: 'Someone needs to put Xanax in her hot sauce'

by Anonymousreply 156November 18, 2019 8:40 AM

Sure, Jan R153. Neither am I, dumber ass

by Anonymousreply 157November 18, 2019 10:46 AM

I’m white. Maher annoys me. He has lost touch with his own audience gradually over the past decade as he has aged into an old curmudgeon who thinks he is liberal because he smokes weed. I agree with him about little these days—obviously I do agree with him about Trump.

Years ago, I was kind of glad to hear him being outspoken about the negative effects of religiosity even though I thought he was unduly harsh and condescending about all religious people—but then he became an anti-Muslim crusader, which for all practical purposes aligns him with Christian extremists, and that tells me he is not really anti-religion. He says the same things the Christians say about Muslim people pushing gay people off roofs as if that happens commonly at every mosque everywhere, but he no longer mentions the extremist beliefs and words of evangelicals in the U.S. I am over Bill Maher’s old-man hypocrisies.

That said, Lindsey Graham is an absolute monster of a hypocrite. He is a weasel and a wimp and a little slug of a human being, and he is clearly terrified of and ashamed of his sexuality, and I don’t mind anyone broadcasting the truth about it to shame him. Not because being gay is shameful but because as a gay man I know that courage is being honest about who you are, strength comes from being who you are, and being a self-loathing hypocrite who hides in the closet and thinks you’re fooling people fucks with a person’s mind and makes them hateful religious zealots and warmongers, and Lindsey Graham is the prime example of that.

by Anonymousreply 158November 18, 2019 10:56 AM

[quote]And as a white male, I fully acknowledge white privilege. I have benefitted from it and will not hesitate to take advantage of it. ...I also recognize hetero privilege. especially in the workplace when it comes to special treatment for parents. fuck that.

There are a lot of straights who acknowledge their privilege and will not hesitate to take advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 159November 18, 2019 11:03 AM

R127 - Truth!

r 108

by Anonymousreply 160November 18, 2019 5:03 PM

R151 and R152 - If either of you noted having a sense of humor in your Grindr profile, you must remove it.

by Anonymousreply 161November 18, 2019 5:15 PM

I never assumed that you were, r157. You're the one who lectured me about my supposed "bottomless white guilt." If you aren't white, why do you care what anyone else thinks about white privilege?

by Anonymousreply 162November 18, 2019 7:52 PM

Maher couldn't make a 24 item list about watermelon, chicken & blackface about Ben Carson or any liberal black person.

Maher couldn't make a 24 item list about a fainting couch or skipping about Hillary, Kamala, Nikki Haley or Liz Dole.

He tried to make a stereotyped cringe worthy 24 item list about a left or right leaning LGBT person because he thought he could get away with it.

If this idiot wants Pete (who possibly could be the 2020 nominee) to beat Trump then making skipping, scarf, bidet, fainting couches, gay celebs, gay couples & fruit (an old slur) jokes. It's funny how many left leaning celebs like Maher slam normalizing racism & sexism & then turn around & normalize anti gay attitudes to give the KKK & nazis hard ons.

If the Pulse nightclub shooting happened the day before his latest episode aired, I doubt all of these anti gay "jokes" would go down with some of you. Just remember his show is seen in other countries & we don't need the fans of bigotry blowing against us. The "kill the gays" bills are coming back in some places in 2019. Graham's private sexuality shouldn't be allowed to be a derogatory issue when women don't have to worry about their gender stereotypes being used against them or blacks having their racial stereotypes against them. He could never do this type of list against any jews like democrat Joe Lieberman or the few republican jews like Sheldon Adelson. He would be fired immediately. Why the double standards with our community Hollywood power players?

by Anonymousreply 163November 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Right, R157, I believe you. You must answer it for yourself, R157. Two sentences is lecturing? Lol, we are a delicate flower, aren’t we? Your hackneyed narrative, just like white guilt, is a paralytic dynamic that accomplishes nothing, and perpetuates the status quo. It is also a political dead end. I am very partial to the “wheel of oppression” viewpoint, rather than the tired Oppression Olympics, where no one communicates or wins, except bitterness and vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 164November 18, 2019 9:13 PM

Meant for R162^^^

by Anonymousreply 165November 18, 2019 9:14 PM

R158, it's not clear which of you has become the curmudgeon.

by Anonymousreply 166November 18, 2019 9:50 PM

"The rumor I heard about the Senatrice is that he likes to be 'raped' by a black delivery man and torn out of his suit."

Honestly now... Who doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 167November 18, 2019 9:57 PM

"The rumor I heard about the Senatrice is that he likes to be 'raped' by a black delivery man and torn out of his suit."

Honestly now... Who doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 168November 18, 2019 9:57 PM

[quote]Two sentences is lecturing? Lol, we are a delicate flower, aren’t we?

R148 is more than 2 sentences, yawnster r164. I merely corrected your mistaken assumption.

by Anonymousreply 169November 19, 2019 12:15 AM

r163, the thing you're omitting is that Maher was making jokes about a closeted, anti-gay homosexual who wants us to believe he's all hetero and butch. If Maher made those jokes about an out-and-proud gay man who supported the community and was happy to acknowledge that his gayness could be detected from space, then, yeah, Maher would be totally wrong to make fun of him. But Miss Lindsey, IMO, is fair game; those jokes, when told about him, aren't anti-gay, they're anti-closet case.

by Anonymousreply 170November 19, 2019 12:55 AM

Bill Maher and Lindsey Graham are both a couple of pompous assholes, they deserve each other, can't we lock them in a room until only one comes out alive, best case scenario neither of them comes out.

by Anonymousreply 171November 19, 2019 1:23 AM

Quite gross homophobic bullying. On steroids.

by Anonymousreply 172November 19, 2019 1:27 AM

Go back to Lipstick Halle, R30.

by Anonymousreply 173November 19, 2019 1:30 AM

Oh, DO shut up, Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 19, 2019 2:38 AM

Yes, R169, so yawnworthy, that you cant stop replying. Lol @ at your pedestrian insults. WW away. Enjoy your own. You’re an ignorant, immature cunt who knows nothing of any import. I’m done now.

by Anonymousreply 175November 19, 2019 2:39 AM

I don't need to W&W away, troll. Our fellow DLers have done that for me.

by Anonymousreply 176November 19, 2019 2:43 AM

r174 letting it go is not necessarily bad advice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177November 19, 2019 2:45 AM

R171 - Not only are you dead wrong about both of them being pompous assholes, your grammar and punctuation is worse than elementary, and cringeworthy.

Hint: Bill Maher is ON OUR SIDE. Ms. Graham IS NOT. Got it?

r 108

by Anonymousreply 178November 19, 2019 5:14 AM

R178, how exactly is Bill Maher "ON OUR SIDE?" I'm pretty damn sure he doesn't give a flying fuck about gays. I get the impression he's a prick who is only out for himself.

by Anonymousreply 179November 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Bill Maher threw the first brick at Stonewall!

by Anonymousreply 180November 20, 2019 10:29 PM

^^^ Bill Maher sucked the first dick at Stonewall?

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2019 1:21 PM

Bill Maher is not on our side.

by Anonymousreply 182November 21, 2019 1:32 PM

Maher is generally OK. Every so often he misreads his audience. I stopped watching when he began quoting Obama with an accent that seemed really disrespectful, like when a kid imitates another to sound cool. It was about the time that Osama Bin Laden was killed by The US military in a tense, covert operation. Maher pretended to be President Obama successfully campaigning for a second term by (miming) placing an imaginary head of Bin Laden in a podium, and said something like “here you go, M-Fers...”. It was just a crony bit in a monologue, but Maher’s stance was just so cocky and gross, like he waited for the moment to do his “cool thug” voice. When he does, his face becomes so punchable. Here again, Bill’s (straight?, white?) writers are punching up a bit with all the gay stereotypes they know, and some of it sounds sort of funny. But then there is Maher’s smirking jerk aftertaste as well. He’s a pretty self-loathing guy and hides that only partially. Even his devout fans zip through his preachier and cheesier bits and blowhard interviews (“I didn’t have you to talk about that!”). I see him in person sometimes, he looks jaundiced and desiccated, yet I will say his suits fit well and he is made up and lighted well on his show. Looks pretty good but sometimes lapses into a geriatric “wigger” and aspiring W.A.S.P.y frat boy.

by Anonymousreply 183November 21, 2019 2:49 PM

Such a punchable, neocon "lib" face.

He's too ugly to be that smug.

by Anonymousreply 184November 21, 2019 2:55 PM

I can believe that Maher is a DLer. I just found a 2006 thread about encounters with asshole celebrities in which he was mildly called out as "below average" in niceness. Someone who very well could have been him shot back a prickly, butthurt reply as R293 in the thread:

[quote]sometimes i'm so fucking exhausted after my show (not to mention travelling all day, soundchecking and having to give numerous interviews) that i just can't be sociable and entertaining. i am completely professional, treat everyone well and express my gratitude, but i don't consider it my job to entertain or socialize backstage. sorry if this makes me "below average". dickhead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2019 9:22 PM

Maher is a prick, on and offstage. He comes across as a truly dislikable, unpleasant human being.

by Anonymousreply 186November 29, 2019 11:12 PM

Lá Sénatrice luvs Kavanaughty. Bone Spurs is her "daddy" to please. She's always the beta to an older, influential alpha male. The problem is that the lustful attraction is with married men. They may let her get some dickie-doo, but they ain't leaving their wives and female relationships, and sweep La Sénatrice up to a extravagant, private villa to live together happily ever after. She will always have frustration and sadness.

by Anonymousreply 187November 30, 2019 12:44 AM

Maher needs to invite Miss Lindsey on his show. She would not accept. But she sure does sashay-skips daily to Fox News with Hannity being her favorite.

by Anonymousreply 188November 30, 2019 10:56 AM

The attack on Maher will ramp up now.

Bill Maher Accuses Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of ‘Stalking’ Trump

“But this was our big gun. Now it just looks like you’re stalking him,” he said. “I think in the eyes of the people who don’t follow it that closely, which is most of the country, here’s the thing about Bob Mueller: he’s the last thing in America that left and right agreed on. Left and right basically agreed, this is a guy of honor, this is an honest guy, an honest broker, whatever he says goes…The fact that he was like umm…If you couldn’t impeach before, how are you going to impeach after? Or should you?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2019 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!