Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do the British people insist on constantly having to talk?

Recently at lunch with a friend, there was this foul smelling British woman, wearing a very ratty sweater and dykey haircut, who talked constantly and loudly through the entire luncheon. We then went to an exhibit and there was yet another loud mouth non stop talking Brit there. Why do they insist on the constant chatter and being heard by everyone??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2019 8:44 PM

Talking clears the halitosis.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2019 6:36 PM

Brits are the Ugly Americans of Europe. You haven't lived until you've been stuck sitting at the same table with them on a cruise ship. They have a definite opinion on every topic and want everyone to know it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2019 6:36 PM

She probably spotted your faggy haircut and figured she'd hush you before you lisped all over lunch. She was actually trying to save you the embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2019 6:39 PM

r/thathappened

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2019 6:40 PM

Because everybody is fascinated by my pussy!

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2019 6:55 PM

Mrs. Slocumbe shoves her pussy in the basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2019 6:55 PM

Because Americans have enabled them for years by fawning over them.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2019 7:36 PM

You have a friend? I seriously doubt that.

Why are Yanks so fucking racist? That’s a better question.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2019 7:46 PM

I agree that the British can have a particularly annoying style of talking. I had a temp job once with a group of Brit backpackers and I was driven away by their constant inane chatter. Everything they said was so bleedin' obvious.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2019 7:49 PM

R8 you really just showed your ass. British is not a race. It is a nationality.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2019 8:56 PM

I’m sorry OP, but was there a particular reason or purpose you felt the need to post this? It really doesn’t seem to fit in.

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? What's your problem? I mean really, what's your damn problem?

Just adding these for you, as I believe these three are your usual fare and I’d hate you to miss out on experiencing the snarky cuntiness of them.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2019 5:10 AM

A loud mouth Brit got on the subway and you could hear him talking all over the car. Even the noise of the car did not drown him out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] there was yet another loud mouth non stop talking Brit there. Why do they insist on the constant chatter and being heard by everyone??

Generally, 'USians' are far "louder" than Brits :). You can often "hear" an American before they even make their entry into a room :).

However, Brits do like to "hear [italic]themselves[/italic] talk" more. Why? Because many Brits have a very sing-songy, affected style of talking. Some truly are "in love" with the sound of their own voice. Sometimes it's forgivable - because *some* Brits have very velvety voices and even if they do prattle on & on annoyingly, it can be music to the ears if their voice is velvety enough.

To summarise: American tourists often talk loud (in a subconsciously dominating way) - to be heard by everyone in the room / space or to overshadow any other convo going on in the space. Brits often talk not as loud, but prattle on more - because they just love to hear the sing-songy ripples, cascading waves and trills (or croaks) of their own voice.

Here's an example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 7:03 PM

R13. That’s a pretty stupid answer. I didn’t hear any Americans talking on the train. Just the loud mouth Brit.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2019 8:18 PM

"THE" loud-mouth Brit, R14 / OP? The ONE? Two? What kind of hilarious "sample size" is that.

Re-read your own "stupid" thread title - it says "THE British people" (i.e. national community). "THE Brit" (singular) is not "THE British people" (community).

I'm telling you that "THE British people" are not internationally known for "speaking loudly" - they're known for prattling. The community most associated with "speaking loudly" are Americans.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2019 8:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!