Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Josh Lucas is so gay

Can't believe he's the voice of those Home Depot commercials. Does he resonate with suburban dads?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Is he out?

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2019 1:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2019 1:58 AM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2019 2:48 AM

Be nice. He had to play Deb Messing's ex-husband for two seasons. Hasn't he suffered enough?

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first?

"Consideration for others"?

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2019 1:11 PM

Yup

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2019 12:54 PM

Doesn't sound gay to me

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2019 1:04 PM

He sounds faux-masc, like he's fighting his natural girleen tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2019 1:09 PM

I don't get a gay vibe off him either. Though I do get what r8 is talking about - Jeremy Strong is another one who blatantly engages in this. You can clock it pretty easily because the breath is more clipped.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2019 1:12 PM

When he sits down he crosses his legs like a woman. And the purple suit?

Methinks he moved to Indonesia (rice queen?) to avoid prying, gossipy eyes. But if he's accused of homosexuality there (Muslim) won't he get flogged or something?

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2019 1:17 PM

He's what used to be called "camp" and before that, "theatrical".

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2019 1:19 PM

That's not gay voice nor "fighting inner gurleen" voice.

It is "I am trying really hard to sound smart and worldly and cultured" voice.

And sure enough Wikipedia confirms he was born in Little Rock, Arkansas to "antinuclear activists" who traveled around the South (but dad was an ER doctor, so clearly there was some money there) and were okay with him not going to college.

He lives in Bali which is Hindu, not Muslim, and filled with Australian and other tourists and rich hippies.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2019 1:20 PM

How the fuck does an American actor continue his career if he lives in Bali?

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2019 1:23 PM

I love him. Beautiful eyes and killer smile.

One of the genuine pro gay supporters.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2019 1:29 PM

Isn't it generally the case that if an actor plays a gay character in a film, he's most likely straight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2019 1:30 PM

He's a handsome man with ZERO style. That suit. The man jewelry. The Beard. Dear God!

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2019 1:31 PM

I saw him in a play on Broadway where he played Uma Thurman's husband. She was SO much more masculine than he was; it brought an unintended (?) layer to their onscreen marriage--in which Uma's lover was a younger woman! I stayed for the talk back and sure enough even out of their roles the dynamic was still there.

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2019 1:41 PM

Of course I mean onstage marriage, not onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2019 1:42 PM

R15: That rule doesn't exist

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2019 1:47 PM

I was on a plane with Lucas from Atlanta to LA several ago right after his new movie or TV show had just bombed. He wore sunglasses for the first hour of the trip and then he suddenly wanted to talk. He had a rather bohemian upbringing with hippies as parents. As we are similar in age, he was fascinated by my upbringing where we sat in the Dining Room for dinner at night. I thought he was funny, charming and really incredible looking in person. I got NO gay vibe from him at all.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 2:02 PM

I aint gay.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote] It is "I am trying really hard to sound smart and worldly and cultured" voice.

Thank you, YMF! Josh Lucas is not gay. He is like every other smart, sensitive, straight guy from the South whom I know. Have y'all never heard of Bohemian types?

His voice sounds more like he drinks one too many bourbons and smokes one too many cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2019 2:28 PM

Yes BPC. You are always my sanity check on his board.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2019 7:01 PM

I thought he sounded really gay initially when he started talking on Kimmel and Corden recently then realized it’s just the way he talks..I also thought he may have moved to Indonesia to have a more exotic sex life I don’t know how open minded Bali is compared to the rest of Indonesia. I don’t think he’s gay though and I think Jlo once said on wwhl that he was her best onscreen kiss..that should say something.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2019 7:10 PM

It's because I lust after your hot body, and I'm trying to seduce you, YMF (R23)! 😉

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2019 7:11 PM

Now this is interesting....I've always wondered who the gay man is on those Home Depot ads....NOW I KNOW.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2019 7:17 PM

He is a sexy hippie-like guy. Doesn’t set off my gaydar at all but I wish that he did.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2019 7:21 PM

That's the trouble with gaydars, r27. They don't always do what you want them to.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2019 7:22 PM

I though Peter Coyote was the voice of Home Depot.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2019 7:24 PM

I fell in love with him after Sweet home Alabama. The way he defended the gay guy that Reese Witherspoon outrd was terrific and the way in which he got his friends to accept him.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2019 7:25 PM

R22 he talks like Suzanne Pleshette?

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2019 11:03 PM

Man, so I watched Ford v Ferrari last week and the moment he appeared on screen I thought that he was playing a gay character and thought, oh how progressive of a corporation like Ford to give such a high ranking position to a homosexual. Turns out that's just Lucas' voice... but I don't remember it sounding like that in the past. He's still relatively attractive... not quite what he was in the early 00s, but I'd still bang him. He's good in the film too as an oily suit.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2019 1:50 AM

He pings hard in FvF.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 1:56 AM

If it sashays like a duck...

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 1:58 AM

He pings like radar in FvF.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 2:59 AM

If I married him I'd be 'Luke Lucas'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 3:42 AM

He kind of pings. Let's be real. Did I hear he lives in Indonesia?

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!