Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oprah and her fucking favorite things

THE EGO on this woman is the size of eternity!!

The balls on her to still announce her favorite things like she is the second coming of christ.

She doesn't even have a show anymore!!!!

However, I'm trying out some bath salts from Australia that this sow recommended.

They better transform my life, hunty!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 1:11 PM

I don't give a crap about Oke-prah or what she likes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2019 6:23 PM

The View also does Oprah's Favorite Things now, which I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2019 6:26 PM

They also do Whoopi's Favorite Things

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2019 6:26 PM

That old fat cunt is so yesterday..

I prefer fucking raindrops of roses, fucking whiskers on those god damn kittens, fucking copper kettles and those shitty woolen mittens.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2019 6:33 PM

OP I believe you have it wrong, Lady O is in fact the the second coming of Christ.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2019 6:39 PM

She’s the worst type of rich out of touch liberal. No wonder she wanted Bezos to run.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2019 6:48 PM

Does she still love bread?

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2019 6:55 PM

OP needs a Klonopin.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2019 7:00 PM

OP is just sick of that harlot's EGO.

But I just had to have me those bath salts for a Christmas Eve soak!!!

But FUCK her and that poor reindeer that oversized egotist Santa road in on!!!

And she can shove her $300.00 sweater set right up her billionaire chooch!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2019 7:06 PM

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2019 7:19 PM

BEES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2019 7:25 PM

This idea actually makes a lot of sense though. She is a billionaire. She can have whatever she wants and that allows her to try products across the quality and price spectrum. I’m sure that some percentage of the items that make the list are added by staffers or have some PR people pushing them, but when it started it was about her sharing her favorite products. And again, this is a woman who is wealthy enough to buy $50 hand soap, use it once, and if she doesn’t like it, throws it out and tries the next brand. I trust that kind of person when they highly recommend a product.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote]I’m sure that some percentage of the items that make the list are added by staffers or have some PR people pushing them

*snort* yes, just "some percentage"

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Oprah is God. She can do no wrong. I used to tape her show every single day. Don’t ever question anything she does.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2019 7:59 PM

I'm surprised ABC or some other network hasn't turned this into a yearly special.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2019 8:20 PM

I know I will be called a Mary, but always have a soft spot for Oprah. She just comes across as so wise and intelligent in interviews. Plus, she was a good interviewer herself back when she had the show. And she came from poverty, is black, and no beauty queen not to mention the dysfunction and sexual abuse. One has to respect her hustle.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2019 8:28 PM

Behind the Scenes, Season 25 of Oprah's Favorite Things was recently posted OWN's Youtube channel! YASSSSS

I was enthralled with watching Oprah's army of staff stressed to the MAX making sure everything is just perfect for her majesty. And Oprah's ugly cry when finding out that Apple would provide her 300 ipads to share with the great unwashed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2019 9:14 PM

I hate that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2019 9:38 PM

I hate r17

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2019 9:54 PM

For all her wealth and success, she’s still that same little poor girl from Alabama (or wherever she’s from).

So, disingenuously touting luxury goods as (“Oh, this old thing? it’s my faaaaavorite. You should try one!”) is her way of reassuring that little girl that she’s really made it. Acting as if “Can’t everyone afford a $90 candle? Such a trifle, really...”

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2019 10:38 PM

OMG I could watch her for hours. Watch her Brunch she threw at their home in Montecito. It’s jaw-dropping and inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2019 11:28 PM

R5 yes, she is the black Jesus

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2019 11:42 PM

I do honestly believe God talks to her and has a communication connection to her. She has done so many things to improve the world there’s no way she did it all without divine intervention. From educating African girls, to getting men to open up about childhood sexual abuse, she saves lives daily.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2019 11:47 PM

R16 When she did that Lance Armstrong interview where he wilted, some journalists enviously called her one of the best broadcast interviewers in the world because she has total control of the space. It ain’t easy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Yeah, when these high rollers talked to Oprah, it was like they were coming home to see mother. You cannot lie to her, because mother always knows the truth!

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2019 2:53 PM

Fun fact: During all of her interviews, Oprah had a vibrating egg shoved up her snizz. That's why her facial expressions don't always match what the person is saying, and she seems unnervingly pleasured.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2019 3:18 PM

She literally was a beauty queen.

I enjoy her Super Soul podcasts. I think that is what she really loves. Great discussions on different belief systems and spirituality.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2019 3:26 PM

Definitely no beauty queen (google her pics with no makeup or professional lighting 😱) But she is wonderful and I love her.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2019 10:18 PM

I needed a break from more serious audiobooks and borrowed the Kitty Kelly Oprah biography from a few years back. Boy did it take the air out of her ego some! Worthwhile read/listen.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Yet some DL posters consistently bring up her name as an ideal VP or POTUS choice. They've done so since forever.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2019 4:21 PM

I can't stand her and the questionable shit and "experts" she had on her show.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2019 4:30 PM

From Goodreads' Open Preview,

Kitty Kelley couldn't find very many people who like Oprah. Astonishingly, almost everyone she interviewed seems to have a bone to pick with the talk-show host, even Oprah's cousin and father (who might not be her father, after all).

Of course, many of those people haven't seen Oprah in a long time; take the insulted woman who threw her a good-bye party when she left her first television job: “That was the last I saw of Oprah . . . she divorced herself from Nashville.”

Even when Oprah does something thoughtful, like return to Baltimore to spend time with a dying former coworker, she gets bashed for not attending the retirement party of another. As in her previous biographies, Kelley follows a predictable pattern. She gathers lots of information via published articles, on-the-record interviews (often with bit players), and anonymous quotes from those who may or may not be well connected. (Moreover, even the identified quotes are difficult to track in the massive list of source material in each chapter.)

She then writes, in rather clunky prose, about her subject, twisting the story to prove her thesis—in this case that, yes, Oprah is a spinmeister and a controlling one at that. Though Oprah's many achievements and her charitable work are lauded, there's usually a but following each positive statement, as Kelley attempts to show again and again that Winfrey's generosity is often self-serving.

Typically, Kelley's biographies feature one juicy story that everyone seems to remember. Laura Bush sold dope in college. Nancy Reagan and Frank Sinatra had an affair. Unfortunately, Oprah seems sadly to lack that signature take-away anecdote.

She had an affair with John Tesh? She once ate two pecan pies? No staying power there. Perhaps readers will have to be satisfied with the fact that Oprah's father called her best-friend Gayle King a “dirt hog.” And that's on the record. --Ilene Cooper

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2019 4:33 PM

I hope she pays well. Oprah is the new Howard Hughes.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2019 4:33 PM

She was Goop before Goop, R31. And she has done a lot of questionable stuff that shouldn't just be glossed over because she's done good things as well. She doesn't seem to have any sense of humor about herself, and cannot take criticism well either. Foisting Dr. Phil on us, The Secret, her handling of James Frey, etc, all very questionable. I applaud her drive and ambition but she's created her own false narrative of who she is.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2019 4:46 PM

r34 Im not a fan of Dr. Phil's show....but i'd love to hear more from him in a more relaxed setting. Very interesting to hear him on Joe Rogans podcast (you can watch clips on youtube)

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2019 6:30 AM

"OP is just sick of that harlot's EGO."

Nope.

OP is just sick of the fact that his tiny penis doesn't get saluted.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2019 6:38 AM

Remember the year the Microsoft Surface was one of her favorite things, and she tweeted about how much she loved it from her iPad?

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2019 6:40 AM

I know one thing, DL love hating on successful black women. It always happens on this site. From Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Oprah, etc etc.

Ancient gay white men are the fucking worst.

It's true, white people really can't stand black excellence. But they love celebrating white mediocrity, and diseased ridden white instagra hoes. Day in and day out.

No wonder Ronald Reagan turned a blind eye to you all in the 80s.

He was a smart man after all.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2019 6:49 AM

“Ancient gay white men” are my favorite people.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 1:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!